Just watched Chernobyl. What other vidya besides STALKER deals with Pripyat?

Just watched Chernobyl. What other vidya besides STALKER deals with Pripyat?

Attached: 1DF37134-55CF-4AC6-8228-8BE2BB4CF69D.jpg (1000x656, 95K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Acute_radiation_syndrome
unbelievable-facts.com/2016/12/hisashi-ouchi.html
youtube.com/watch?v=ad7UssUeaa8
reddit.com/user/willowoftheriver/comments/7czmvt/83_days_of_radiation_sickness_the_death_of/
youtu.be/C8GgcUNXS48
911-truth.net/book/Chernobyl_nuclear_disaster_vs_Manhattan_ground_zero.pdf
youtu.be/9T6GCsMCqrk
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Goiânia_accident
youtube.com/watch?v=lJXwRdbbQ50
atlasobscura.com/articles/the-famous-photo-of-chernobyls-most-dangerous-radioactive-material-was-a-selfie
youtube.com/watch?v=B2ohRxMYaR0
youtu.be/4bj6SqgT4SQ
imgur.com/a/TwY6q
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deaths_due_to_the_Chernobyl_disaster#Official_list_of_direct_deaths
youtube.com/watch?v=zuNtgYtF4FI
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

It's one of CoD4's best levels

That shit still as dangerous as it was back then?

Yep. Still super deadly. And will remain so for thousands of years.

As dangerous? No. But it's still dangerous

Arma. Arma can be anything you want it to be.

>It's one of CoD4's best levels
Oh yeah, the one with the giant ferris wheel in the background right? I wouldn't call it one of the best but....also, reminder we'll never get to see COD III "remastered" since you get to chase "Terrorists" around Paris and eventually destroy the entire city, and it's just too lcose to reality. Not to mention the level where you get to kill favella monkeys.

No, these plebs have no idea what they're talking about. You can walk around in the room with the elephants foot now and have a slightly larger chance to get cancer before you die, that's about it.

no. there's a famous photograph of a guy standing next to it that was taken in the late 90s (its the one where its looks there's a ghost in the room) and due to decay it doesn't give off nearly as much radiation as 1986 where it would kill you in less than 5 minutes of exposure.

>thousands of years
Is it so hard to understand the concept of radioactive decay and look at half life for this material? Christ, even a quick look on wikipedia would tell you how retarded this claim is.

There was a racing game with a chernobyl track in nintendo ds. It was kinda meh to be honest.

Is the guy still alive?

>When this photo was taken, 10 years after the disaster, the Elephant’s Foot was only emitting one-tenth of the radiation it once had. Still, merely 500 seconds of exposure at this level would bring on mild radiation sickness, and a little over an hour of exposure would prove fatal. The Elephant’s Foot is still dangerous, but human curiosity and attempts to contain our mistakes keep us coming back to it.

Still somewhat deadly, but yes, it apparently will last 100 years more.

Yeah your right not thousands try 20 of thousands

i don't know, i read about it back in 2014 and the guy was 65 then and working with the all the people involved with building the nsc. he was retired due to health problems from exposure but it was stuff like bad eyesight and he was no longer allowed near the really hot areas of the plant anymore.

Back in 1986 it would give you a lethal dose of radiation within 5 minutes of standing next to it. Now it's more like an hour for a lethal dose.

Can arma be by gf? can arma be my onahole? can i sail on a warship and just delete anyone

When this lump was peak-level radioactive, how exactly would you die? I understand what’s been said over the years but I’ve never been able to imagine/picture dying by standing next to something like that.
Would you just get cooked alive, like in a microwave? Would your cells just liquify and bubble and melt? I don’t get it

Yes.

So does that mean you would be able to touch it?

Yes, legends-- i mean, science-- say the ghosts still haunt it today
oooOOOoooOOOooOoooO

>try to look the science behind atom bombs, fission, plutonium and radiation
>get confused about two sentences in and quit
Every time.

It looks safe desu

Attached: The Elephant's Foot of the Chernobyl disaster.jpg (1200x816, 260K)

Radiation damages DNA within cells, either outright destroying them or mutating them so they develop into cancerous cells. You see cancer ravage a person over many years of their life? Imagine that but all condensed within the span of a couple days. You're literally being broken apart at the cellular level: bone marrow, organ tissue, skin, hair etc. decaying. Eventually something essential would probably rupture or the brain would just shut off.

>Would you just get cooked alive, like in a microwave? Would your cells just liquefy and bubble and melt?
Yes, and Yes.

No, in 1996 it was an hour for a lethal dose. It's been 23 years snce then.

radiation affects you at the cellular level and its starts a chain reaction in your body. cells can't replicate any more or it starts rampant mutation (cancer) throughout your body. your body reacts with vomiting, diarhea, hair loss, massive bleeding, etc. etc. some isotopes get "stuck" in your body because things like your thyroid absorb and hold them.

Attached: PROOOH.jpg (1160x870, 230K)

I'm retarded and don't get why plutonium and uranium are so good, or why they're even radioactive.
I do get that fusion (used in today's nuclear weapons) is literally what happens on the sun though.

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Acute_radiation_syndrome
Basically seizures, vomiting and death.

That guy got every kind of cancer and died.

You could always touch it, it's just incredibly hot and radioactive, to the point where you'd probably want to leave the area if you even managed to get close due to feeling sick.

So what causes the ghost?

There is nothing wrong with the elephant's foot. It's completely safe. Our-...the place where it's located is a fun tourist destination too! Thousands visit annually!

Seizures, aren't lethal, and neither is vomiting. What is the mechanism of death? Cardiac arrest? Hyperthermia? Diabetes?

Is that a mop?

Look up "Hisashi Ouchi", a guy who survived radiation exposure the longest. A word of warning though, the guy suffered a lot.

The radiation is causing him to phase between dimensions.

Why we still dont get a propper survival horror game in Chernobyl? It would be kino to be running away from mutant animals and radiation.

No, it is far worse than that.

unbelievable-facts.com/2016/12/hisashi-ouchi.html

It's less scary when you read that it's only slightly warmer than room temperature at this point.

Better question how radioactive is the shit around it. Like how radioactive is that mop

the first photographs of it had to be taken with mirrors since it destroyed the first camera they rolled near it

Could be many things. Radiation literally destroys the DNA in your cells, causing them to break down. Eventually the wrong clump of cells gives in and one of your organ ruptures, a connection is severed, etc

I wish the CNPP was scary and spooky instead of tedious and infuriating. Fuck the Monolith.

Idiots used a big ass flash camera on it

What's so dangerous about radioactive materials lmao. Like nigga, just walk away lmaoooo

So third degree burns and multi-organ failure. Fun.

i guess you can say he got a big ouchi

Fuck I shouldn't have laughed at that.

Your cells would basically stop performing the functions required to keep you alive. What kills you in the end just depends on which vital organ fails the fastest.

Damn, sounds like a radical way to go.

>Upon arrival at the Mito hospital, Ouchi’s skin was red and puffy but he showed few other outward signs of his condition. Then doctors began tested his chromosomes. They had “shattered like glass.” They could not be identified or arranged. Without chromosomes, his cells could not regenerate and his body could not heal. His white blood cell count was 0.
What in the actual fuck

>how exactly would you die?
Like this, probably.

Attached: Hisashi-Ouchi-Tokaimura-Nuclear-Accident-4.jpg (750x443, 74K)

Probably radiation affecting the wavelength of light shown

>third degree burns
Im sure they would have to make a whole new category for the burns he got. His skin liquified and his muscle started to fall off the bone.

at peak radiation you would experience a combination of disorientation/burning/pain before you were boiled to death

the doctor's keeping him alive should have been put to death. Preferably through strangling. Fucking soulless Nip fucks

>cells literally breaking apart
>lol lets try saving him

I mean I can see some attempts but after a week or two they should've thrown in the towel and just put the man out of his misery.

How did the 3 divers survive going to turn the valves?

Yeah, radiation is a bitch when it comes to over-exposure.

oh sure i love videogames discussion here

NOT

They werent trying to save him, user. They were keeping him alive so they could study what happens at that level of radiation expisure.

Did you know without radiation, there wouldn't be video games?

It's not great, but it's not terrible either.

Radiation damage is an entire field of medicine that we know nothing about. Ouchi was an idiot who did something he shouldn't have, damning everyone around him.

Hell, did you know that most of our trauma knowledge is thanks to the hundreds of crusaders who were inspected after their deaths? The same goes for most diseases. We *need* this knowledge.

Attached: 1557549452661.png (900x676, 410K)

Tell me this is fake pls

Attached: 1555812257945.jpg (500x500, 26K)

I don't think they did. They made the ultimate sacrifice.

water is somewhat effective at blocking radiation

No Hiroshima, no anime, no JRPGs, no Yea Forums.

Organ failure. Your cells are dying like crazy, eventually your organs will just stop working.

Are there some form of protection like hazmat suits or something that can somewhat negate radiation and save you from getting microwaved?

fusion is actually when atoms squeeze together so tight that they annihilate and release most of their potential energy, it's something that hasn't been achieved on earth (yet) but happens all the time in the form of stars

fission is when a molecule slams into another molecule and breaks it apart,

the reason why plutonium and uranium are so good at this is they have highly unstable atoms that are easy to break apart, when you cause a deliberate chain reaction of fission it cascades into an explosion. under controlled circumstances with slightly less radioactive material you get a nuclear power plant, but if it isn't maintained properly you get meltdown, like chernobyl or the damaged fukushima plant

The picture is not Ouchi but the story is legit.

>His white blood cell count was 0.
Fuck me.

Attached: silence.jpg (1200x886, 86K)

It's real and he begged for death supposedly

If you're ok with something post-apocalyptic and genuinely Russian, try Atom RPG.
You can see in the current state that the writing reflects the outlook of slavs pertaining to shit like this.

youtube.com/watch?v=ad7UssUeaa8

Is chernobyl posting the new cave posting?

So is STALKER a good game or what?

Then where is that pic from?

The water flooding the basement had earlier been drained by firefighters. Some remained, but at its deepest it was only about knee-high. Three men, Ananenko, Baranov, and Bezpalov, entered the basement in order to find the valves that would allow for the draining of the reservoir. They would become known as the famous Chernobyl divers, however perhaps more surprisingly, they would survive.

All three ‘divers’ wore two dosimeters, the valves were found relatively quickly, and they retreated unharmed, for the most part. There are images of two of the divers in hospital, but they do not look particularly ill according to Leatherbarrow. Leatherbarrow said that two are likely still alive, though the third died in 2005 following heart problems.

Whats the point of studying that when only .1% of the population will ever experience that much exposure

How horrifying. Hopefully they learned something useful enough to justify that level of suffering.

Unfortunately, no. If you ever wondered why we still have international discussions over the ethics of nuclear weapons, it's because they're capable of doing things like this to people.

No idea. reddit.com/user/willowoftheriver/comments/7czmvt/83_days_of_radiation_sickness_the_death_of/

A guy after 20 consecutive faps

ionizing radiation (the deadliest kind) is not in anyway stopped by hazmat suits, the only realistic form of protection is a great deal of extremely dense material between you and the source of radiation that won't be melted by the radiation

Does that suit actually protect you from radiation?

I thought only Lead was resistant

Is that mop like an SCP entry?

Explain Unit 731. It’s curiosity about something never seen before.

Not from that level of radiation no.

I was going to bring up nuclear weapons but apparently that shit dissipates pretty quickly compared to a nuclear disaster.

Yeah but I don't want you playing any of them because I can tell you're a massive faggot bitch loser and you might fuck up the timeline for STALKER 2.

It’s times like these that I really wish OPpenheimer still posted on Yea Forums. Not that that literal boomer would ever post on Yea Forums but still.

Supposedly an industrial accident in china

Because it was a 1-in-a-million chance case that will never happen again. Also, Japan.

How hot can it still be after 33 years?

That user is lying, it actually is Ouchi.

Not even nuclear weapons can do this to somebody, user. The amount of radiation Ouchi received was equivalent to standing right next to the Hiroshima bomb when it went off. He received 17 Sieverts of radiation. The fatal dose is 8. You can't even get that much radiation from modern nukes.

I guarantee someone is going to take the fifty gray challenge at Mayak again sooner or later

Attached: 1535288419182.png (798x1735, 409K)

These are the fresh memes I still go on the internet to find.

Attached: uknoitstru.gif (302x184, 927K)

Radiation caused by nuclear weapons is largely the byproduct of inefficiency. A bad bomb. Modern nukes are shockingly clean because they convert almost all of their nuclear material into an explosion, leaving little to deposit into the atmosphere and soil.

I'd give it a 6/10

No, I am not. They did not amputate Ouchi's foot. That picture is missing a foot. It isn't him.

Attached: 1557543015007.jpg (680x834, 141K)

>what is the mechanism of death? Cardiac arrest?
Cardiac arrest is death you retard. And of course seizures can kill you

Imagine being kept alive like this for as long as possible just for science.

You need something like a meter thick wall of concrete and metal to block all the radiation.

We've still got four episodes of memes to go.

Nigga how could you properly prepare for some sick shit like that if you don't study it?
That's the whole point of Unit 731 and other cruel shit like that.
>learn how to effectively use weapons of that calibre
>learn how to effectively protect yourself from same shit

The photo does not correspond with any of the described injuries, it's just been posted along with the story by hyperbolic libtards like you.

No I mean I was thinking of Hiroshima and Nagasaki. Even those cities became places you could live in pretty damn quickly.

Oh i see. I thought they had died.

And he would probably have preferred to be right next to Hiroshima since they were basically vaporized.

Awesome, let me know when someone dies from a seizure.

For what it's worth, he was put into a medically-induced coma well before his intestines started to melt, and the barrage of heart failures one month into the nightmare meant he was effectively retarded.

Ionizing radiation has enough energy to knock electrons out of your atoms, this causes all sorts of things to happen to you and one of the them is your particles are now vibrating much faster which is how heat works.

What happens if you just took a bite out of the elephant's foot and wallowed it

The Chernobyl plant was a disaster waiting to happen.
>The reactor's coolant was also its primary neutron absorber, which meant that if the machine got too hot and the coolant started boiling, the reaction would just go even faster
>The control rods had neutron-absorbing boron in the middle, but had neutron-moderating graphite at the tips, which meant that the reaction would actually speed up when initially inserting the control rods
>The control rod channels also had a fluid damper (i.e. the shit that makes hinged doors close slowly), meaning that it took a whole 20 fucking seconds to actually insert a control rod fully
>And the fluid used as a fluid damper was also a neutron absorber, which meant that as you inserted the control rods, the fluid was displaced, speeding up the reaction even further

This user is delusional, get him to the infirmary.

It's okay you're not on reddit anymore

Nigga, I just rubbed my bare butthole on it. Shit's fine.

you'er teeth a splode because it's a giant rock

I mean because it's such a bad pun

If no one else.knows that sick shit whats the point of studying that sick shit.

Also the information found in Unit 731 after the pardoning of the staff showed no real useful information

I can't find any articles giving an exact figure, but radiation generates heat, even if it's not molten like it was 30 years ago. Some people are saying by now it's probably just warm to the touch, but I'd take that with a grain of salt.

No, this russian inbred went there illegaly and came out fine.
youtu.be/C8GgcUNXS48

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 127K)

I only just recently learned that Chernobyl was a real place.

the chernobyl plant was perfectly safe, it was sabotage.
911-truth.net/book/Chernobyl_nuclear_disaster_vs_Manhattan_ground_zero.pdf

Soviet build philosophy is to make one thing as cheap as possible and do as much possible

Always a good site for facts

Dying of radiation is the ultimate beta move, fuck radiation and fuck the elephants foot.

By who? The U.S? The USSR was collapsing at that point.

Attached: status-epilepticus-5-728.jpg (728x546, 69K)

>radiation just horrifically warps and kills you instead of giving super powers
This sucks

How

Well fuck you too

Attached: Pass the controller bro.jpg (1920x959, 492K)

>Also the information found in Unit 731 after the pardoning of the staff showed no real useful information
That's what they want you to believe user.

The research from unit 731 was deemed useless

Attached: 1557597133242.jpg (1464x1730, 383K)

So how is the movie?

Attached: d0a1cb981118fd37f21b99694997da3a.jpg (1160x1924, 173K)

The elephants foot is a mix of multiple melted materials one of which is actual nuclear fuel. Nuclear materials are extremely toxic to the point that breathing in relatively small amounts of them can immediate death.

You would probably experience convulsions of various intensity before death

>Ouchi
what an unfortunate name for that situation

*chuckle*

>Even those cities became places you could live in pretty damn quickly.
relatively speaking those bombs used very little nuclear material and being airbursts the radiation was spread over a massive area very quickly. they used less than 200 pounds of nuclear material and were also very inefficient; only a fraction of it actually underwent fission. chernobyl was hundreds of tons of it burning nonstop for a week and spewing radiation into the atmopshere and among that was very long lived isotopes not present in the bombs.

My father used to work with Sources and he told me about how something like this happened to a guy he knew when they were handling... I want to say Cesium-137? Could've been Cobalt-60, but the point is they dropped the Source and it slapped his hand. He lost his fingers just like that.

liver failure and maybe a heart attack, your blood stream will clog with dead cells

I wish humanity would have advanced further than fission reactors and developed fusion reactors already.

It's true that the operators went full retard (e.g. removed every control rod, even the 10 emergency control rods that were never supposed to be removed), but the reactor's design was equally as retarded.

he doesnt look fine

Don't worry, only 3.6 roentgen.

>The USSR was collapsing at that point.
Yes and this was just one of many actions intended to ensure that collapse.
>By who?
I think you can guess.

>implying 200
Are you stupid? Go up with the soldier

Is a nuclear engineer a cool career?

No such thing as cold fusion.

You're just boiling water to turn a fan so if that sounds cool to you then sure

>Seizures, aren't lethal

Attached: political correctness at incroyible hihg sped.jpg (2560x1440, 292K)

youtu.be/9T6GCsMCqrk
It's fine

Different diagnosis from seizure. Thanks for playing the game, though.

you're basically monitoring a giant kettle that may kill everyone if you fuck up, so kinda

Would you buy a game about liquidators Yea Forums?

Attached: Liquidators.jpg (450x311, 18K)

That's actually pretty high

Attached: 1557547358855.jpg (349x326, 61K)

>you dont die from seizures
>status epilepticus is a prolonged seizure
>kills people all the time
h-heh jokes on you I never specified how long the seizure is!!!

The absolute state of this man's chromosomes

Pro-tip: His skin literally fell off the bone

Attached: ouchi chromosomes vs normal.png (754x624, 268K)

This user is in shock, get him out of here.

I think a whole disaster clean up management game would be kind of fun.

>The last two days in the hospital -- I'd lift his arm, and meanwhile the bone is shaking, just sort of dangling, the body has gone away from it. Pieces of his lungs, of his liver, were coming out of his mouth. He was choking on his internal organs. I'd wrap my hand in a bandage and put it in his mouth, take out all that stuff.

This is a quote from the fire fighter's wife. Who is ready for this kino scene?

Attached: ludmilla_ignatenko_chernobyl_key_players_gettyimages-542876250.jpg (960x1200, 269K)

You can also die from vomiting, if you vomit every day for three weeks. That's different from a symptom of a syndrome, stupid.

Was it any good? Thinking of getting into it

not OP but it's great so far

Meanwhile, the fucker with the medals seems to be laughing at the funeral.

No. It's only 15% as dangerous now.
Now instead of getting guaranteed death if you stand in the same room for 2 seconds unprotected for 30 protected, you have to stand in the same room for a whopping _15_ seconds unprotected and you can last like 3 minutes protected and still maybe survive.
You will of course shit blood and go blind for 3 weeks merely by being in line of sight of it but eh.

some radiation poisoning would probably do him a favor.

what do you think it tastes like, Yea Forums

Attached: 1399492502479.png (459x377, 9K)

It's not good but also not terrible

Cancer.

SHUT DOWN THIS THREAD.
CLOSE OFF THE LINES OF MISINFORMATION.

Metal and that's the last thing you taste before bleeding from every orifice and dying

like coins

Metal.

So saying someone with radiation poisoning cannot be dying from seizures and vomiting, so it must be something else, is brain dead retarded. If something only makes you seize and vomit and you die from it, then that's the fucking mechanism of death isnt it?

What's more horrifying?
Ever loving someone this much or never loving someone this much?

Death.

Also metal. The firefighters described a metallic taste in their mouths, and other victims of radiation poisoning have described a metallic taste as well.

Holy shit I didn't notice that. Standing right behind a woman that watched her husband melt. I forgot to add their unborn baby dies, but that should be obvious.

How long until it would be safe enough to sit or take a nap on elephant's foot without getting sick?

Radiation suits are a real thing, user. And there's bound to be multiple substances resistant to radiation. This isn't superman and what blocks his xray vision we're talking about, this is science.

He has skin on his bone?

It's not the gunshot wound that killed you, user; it's the loss of blood.

500 seconds and you are dead meat.

Deep shit right here

>throwing up pieces of your liver

Jesus christ

The reactor building is, yes. But there's 2 separate containment buildings constructed around it at this point, they just finished the second one recently, it's a huge dome.
There's still a lot of toxic shit in the soil though, so it's not good for humans to live there for prolonged periods of time and breathe in disturbed ground and water contaminants.

As far as the reactor corium, one formation of it pictured there in OP, it's still highly radioactive and will be for a long time. Corium basically acts like a very slow moving lava, kept in a shifting state by radioactivity, rather than geothermal heat like volcanic lava, and the corium at Chernobyl has been developing a crystaline structure on it's surface that's slowing down it's radioactive decay, so it could be much longer than predicted before the material inside the reactor building is safe, the containment dome might need to be maintained for hundreds of years.

Radiation will do that to ya, yessir

>unsmellable unseeable untastetable force can make you die the most agaonizing death and you won't even know how fucked you are till its too late

Life is the eldritch horror

Attached: 2kvdsg.jpg (800x569, 39K)

Honestly? The second.

Attached: 1511204564884.jpg (317x233, 21K)

They were not fine from the start

FOR THE STATE

Very good, though I've heard some shadows of concern with later episodes being a touch sensational.

ext week for sure should be cold enough.
But seriously, not in our lifetime i think.

0 seconds, being exposed to it at all is enough exposure to make you sick to some degree and you are just making it worse the longer you stay near it

>tfw it wasn't only 3.6 roentgens

Attached: Chernobyl.jpg (720x720, 111K)

Not the user you were replying to but just wanted to let you know you're retarded.

You should see what happens when you sit on a log impregnated with sulphur.

No, we need to EVACUATE.

The former, because once that person is gone, you just can't give that same amount of love ever again.

The main radioactive constituent is uranium, which has a fuckhuge half life. So a long time.

Only 1 episode has been released. I’m sure it’ll be sensational due to the nature of the source material though. Mostly on the mismanagement and lack of responsibility

Remember user, a catastrophic cosmic ray burst could be headed to Earth right now and there's literally nothing we can do to predict it coming or mitigate its impact.

Attached: 1520576955336.jpg (436x399, 79K)

Milk and pennies.

So what are you asking in first point then? It's like saying "it's not the radiation that killed you, it's the seizures". You asked what the mechanism directly leading to death was. Hypovolemia due to a gunshot wound is a cause of death.
But whatever mr "did cardiac arrest kill him"

Actually it is tasteable. If you suddenly experience a metallic taste despite not having anything in your mouth, it's probably radiation.

>fish, birds, insects with compound eyes and fucking deer can see ionizing radition

what the fuck for nigga? how the fuck was this useful to you?

what

What?

ionization

Is that lava in the picture?? Can i get damaged from looking at this picture wtf

Don't blame me, that's how pathologists write the "mechanism of death" in the report. At least someone here gets it. Also, cardiac arrest is not the legal definition of death, brain death is, to whatever retard tried to correct me on that.

Imagine a guy with a really high powered machinegun shooting special bullets that pierce shit phenomenally well, and he's peppering a city from a hill. The buildings are your cells and the people in it are your strands of DNA. Now he's not really going to do very much damage outright, because even though he's shooting a lot of bullets it's not very likely he'll hit someone. Getting a serious enough dose of radiation, however, is like having thousands upon thousands of these guys all firing into the city. Sure, some people will get shot, but that's small potatoes compared to what we're talking about here with something like the Elephant's Foot. Imagine people getting shot while driving, and crashing into other people as well as buildings. Imagine some buildings getting shot so much that they simply start to collapse, killing more people and felling more buildings in the process. Imagine the fires caused by gas leaks and subsequent explosions, the prison breaks normally kept in check by guards, the severed phone lines and networks that simply stop working. Imagine the riots full of people who are just trying to keep everything under control and protect what they can. Imagine the complete chaos.
That's how radiation kills you. It doesn't melt or burn like fire, it just rips you apart at a cellular level until eventually you either cause your own destruction or just fall apart.

At least that's the layman's way to describe it, the precise medical shit that happens is far more horrifying.

isotopes with the longest half lives are usually the safest to come into contact with, as long as it's not ingested and exposure is limited

It's something called "Corium," an alloy unique to nuclear meltdowns.

or brain cancer

>he looked without wearing safety goggles
I'm so sorry user, it was good knowing you.

Nope. Just look up Elephant's Foot

It's both. Irreversible cessation of circulatory function, or irreversible cessation of brain activity

Actually, every state recognizes cardiac arrest as legally dead, but only 44 states recognize brain death as legally dead.

Melted concrete and metal.

Sometimes, sulphur sticks to surfaces, and you have no way of knowing it happened. Imagine that you are walking through the forest and decide to take a break sitting on a log. A couple minutes later, and the sulphur is already eating through your pants and flesh.

This kind of accident is somewhat common.

Pretty sure that was the fuel and reactor bits being tossed into the air and not actually the taste of radiation

Nah, I've heard it's pretty miserable. Pays good, but the job is boring as shit and the training to get it is incredibly difficult. Oh, and if you fuck up, everyone nearby dies.

Haha what if you stuck your dick into it while pretending it was a giantess' foot stepping on you haha

Where is this fucking common, nigga?

Nope, other victims of radiation poisoning have described the same metallic taste.

They basically had total cell death throughout their GI tract, and this would cause all the blood vessels in your body to expand in reaction to the trauma, to send more white blood cells there, and you'd die of low blood pressure.
There are faster ways to die of radiation, but victims at chernobyl weren't receiving enough sieverts to experience them. It's hypothesized that some people at Hiroshima may have died this way, but if your body takes in 50-100 sieverts you can experience massive cell death in your heart and lungs, and nervous system and just die near instantly, within a minute.

Your dick would literally melt off.

Never sitting on a log again.

>First enemy you find in the game is a small animal

Attached: Piggu.jpg (3264x2448, 1.91M)

How the fuck sulphur does that explain

I actually had a dream sort of similar to that. Was at Uni and suddenly the fucking planet just goes off its orbit and starts a voyage through space. Announcement from some loud speakers saying blah blah no idea where we're going and there's nothing we can do
was pretty spooked

Blood tastes like metal. That’s your body breaking down

[citation needed]

What a crock of shit

Attached: 1444592655107.jpg (212x123, 6K)

It's a long exposure photo, because it was dark as fuck in there. The guy was moving and pointing a flashlight around while the photo was being exposed.

Pic related, not photoshopped, the girl just moved around while the photo was being exposed.

Attached: d0dcc555b6da8115fb9cf854bf5c1d13.jpg (1024x1024, 184K)

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Goiânia_accident
this has the potential to be adapted as a tv series like fargo

>tfw no multiplayer game where you're the doomed fucks brought in immediately after the explosion to put out the fire and stop it from going critical

Also the Sarcophagus is kino architecture

Attached: ap070607010660jpg-78f23d9989609852.jpg (640x428, 113K)

is the radiation released by something like the elephant's foot the same kind of radiation that's emitted by radios?
like I know radios are electromagnetic radiation but I don't really know if like atoms splitting apart release a different type like particles shooting off or what

>tfw reading radiography book for NDT
>tfw talking about the dangers of radiation
>tfw construction worker found an unattended Source and brought it home
>tfw daughter got sick and died, mother-in-law got sick and died, wife got sick and died, and eventually he got sick and died.

Attached: 1547870926565.jpg (600x238, 23K)

>we gave asylum to unironic war criminals because their research was useless

t. TrumanIDF

Attached: 1524649345142.jpg (1280x1660, 709K)

does this chernobyl netflix show feature mutants?

Attached: 1556592766969.jpg (409x409, 87K)

But if you don't you'll never have given it in the first place.

>seizures aren't lethal
>they just prevent your body from functioning in a way that sustains life
>vomiting isn't lethal
>it just strains your muscles and gets in your lungs, suffocating you with stomach acid

What would happen if you got a robot to throw it into the ocean?

it's hbo and no

Attached: 1557641564912.jpg (1910x954, 89K)

And like, as these sources become even more common, you know this shit is going to get more and more out of hand regardless of our protocols. It's really, really sad.

what would happen if a sun made of ice collided with a sun made of lava

Does saving frog pictures on your HDD cause severe mental retardation?

Massive contamination.

Something similar happened in somewhere South America, some guy finds an abandoned hospital and takes a radiation source out of an MRI then passes it around to all his buddies which ended with like 100 people sick or dead

so whats the spooky part in this show

>Ouchi, being nearest to the tank, was blasted with 17 sieverts of radiation. This is possibly the highest dose of radiation any human has ever experienced.

WHEN I WAS

Attached: 1556095500180.jpg (1920x1080, 110K)

>*SCHLORP* *SCHLORP* *SCHLORP* *SCHLORP* *SCHLORP* *SCHLORP* *SCHLORP* *SCHLORP* *SCHLORP* *SCHLORP* *SCHLORP* *FIZZZZZWOOOSSSHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE*

Attached: download (28).jpg (183x275, 10K)

Still not mechanisms of death, thanks for playing

Brazilians. Not even once.

Which is why a fraction of a second exposure almost disintegrated the film.

Completely different magnitude of radiation. Radio waves are completely harmless while the Gamma radiation released by the Elephant's Foot will fucking kill you.

No it's a different kind. All of it is electromagnetic but the very high frequency ionizing radiatiom is the really harmful stuff.

True, but the latter, you still have the potential to for that much love; the former, not so much.

>>>/hell/

Attached: 1373068574401.jpg (480x535, 104K)

CONTINUE PUMPING FEEDWATER INTO THE REACTOR.

Is this the one where they basically treated the inside of medical equipment like a magic bean/turquoise bead dispenser?

it's atomic horror

Sometimes this shit scares me. Imagine the shit they made in ww1 being small time. Mustard Gas, potato mashers and flamethrowers. And not even one hundred years later we're melting the insides of people and they don't even know it. Makes you wonder how fucked up the earth is for making these chemical reactions exist, or us for putting 2 things that should've never touched together.

Attached: 1518831989781.jpg (680x680, 65K)

>South America
at least nothing of value was lost

>Comrade are there supposed to be bubbl

Well gee user, I thought people would appreciate a high-budget show featuring one of the most disturbing cases of Man vs. Nature in history.

>ouchi

Attached: 53f.jpg (196x250, 8K)

>daughter sits on the radiation and even eats a sandwich sprinkled with it
>gets 6 Gy and dies
>mother gets 5.3 Gy and dies
>father gets 7 Gy and lives

Bingo.

>Lads should my skin be rolling off like this
>Wow I feel all woozy all of a sudden

Fucking idiots.

Thankfully for some reactions, they don't last long.

The ice sun turns into a water sun and feeds the nearby grass sun.

I mean the sun is basically a constant explosion that puts the entire of humanity's energy output to shame on a daily basis and there's a countless amount of similar stars out there, some of them so large they rival my disgust.

So really, its amazing water doesn't explode spontaneously and we're not all permanently on fire from all the oxygen.

God damn it why did I laugh at this

I mean I figured that much, I've read of people getting radiation burns from large antenna/ satellite dish installations but posts like made me wonder what's the point of having those suits if they do nothing

shit, I guess this is what they mean when you hear how light can act like a wave and a particle at once then
physics is a bastard, no thanks I'll keep my brain small and smooth please

But in the end it's all just building for that love.

>Seizures aren't lethal

user do you know what a seizure is, we aren't talking about people that twitch every now and then.

That's like saying loss of blood isn't lethal because you think bleeding = a nosebleed. Your'e technically right. And you're also retarded.

sauces?

>being disassembled at a cellular level
Yeah that's what I want to think about before bed

Attached: 1404489779538.jpg (800x807, 129K)

Pretty accurate. The otherbreason you use isotopes of uranium and plutonium is that the binding energy that holds the protons and neutrons together in cells is on a bell curve.
I.e. hydrogen is super low and after peaking at iron it drops off. Therefore when you split the heavy elements you get a net gain in energy

>made me wonder what's the point of having those suits if they do nothing
Because there's a big difference between getting critical doses of gamma radiation which gives you cancer in three years, and breathing in alpha particles which liquefies your intestines. The hazmat suits can't stop the radiation, but it can stop some of it.

>Ouchi said, “I can’t take it anymore. I am not a guinea pig.” He was in extreme pain despite medication. At this time, he was put on a ventilator and kept in a medically induced coma.

bug people are so cruel

The show Chernobyl OP is talking about

wew nature's sexist

I doubt it. It's probably some sort of prototype. Parts of his skin are still exposed as well

Don't worry, you wouldn't even feel it.

They took his pain away

Kek. The guy really should left the thing alone when he saw the blue light.

Annihilation is what happens when matter and antimatter meet. Fusion, fission and annihilation have all been achieved on earth.

You actually feel all of it. Probably the most excruciating pains possible.

>Can i get damaged from looking at this picture
No, but if that were possible - you'd be looking at the subject material necessary to do so

That’s not how nuclear weapons work.

tomato faces of despair

underrated

>Permanent chance a Quasar somewhere goes off pointing at us and sends an impossibly lethal blast of completely unblockable gamma radiation tunneled at us, wiping the entire planet clean of life with absolutely no hope of survival or resistance.
>It may already have happened and we're just waiting for travel time.

Attached: 1547864391440.png (358x374, 115K)

You're so cute trying to bring in half life into this but wording everything in a way that its clear that you don't understand what exactly half life is.
I'll give you a tip, "life" is only a part of this term.
I'll give you another one, if you reduce a 100 life sentences of a serial killer to 50, he still ain't getting out alive. And even if you reduce it to 25.

I think we're going to get the body horror in the next two episodes.

the good guys all dying of a slow agonizing death while the higher ups laugh their asses off.

Alpha particles can be blocked by a sheet of paper and beta particles can be blocked by a thin sheet of metal and lead only partially blocks gamma rays so they usually just use rubber suits as protection and avoid long periods of exposure to gamma rays

youtube.com/watch?v=lJXwRdbbQ50

they should have mercy killed him right there and not been used as a science experiment

I wonder how long I'd last if I tried to fuck that thing

Attached: 1516413199823.png (366x286, 6K)

>shit, I guess this is what they mean when you hear how light can act like a wave and a particle at once then
No that's a different thing. This is wave territory. Just think of it all as different frequencies on a spectrum. High frequencies can kill you near instantly or give you cancer. Lower frequencies allow this message to get to you, your screen to display it and your eyes to see it.

probably a solid minute I say go for it. make sure to record it

Attached: 1557207221477.png (585x470, 67K)

Might as well see how the body continues to progress. Do you truly believe human bodies haven’t been released in the vacuum of space to see their effects?

>netflix

nah it's HBO so you know they have more than a shoestring budget

Only Russians

no he didn't
the foot is very safe now, and at the time of that image it was only dangerous for prolonged periods of time.
you can touch it for a few seconds with zero consequences
Chernobyl NPP is safe as fuck now, specially since they put the Novarka on top.
Living in a Chinese smog city is unironically more dangerous.

But who will melt first? The fireman? The roof guy? I wish it was time for ep2 already.

Attached: hyoudou popcorn.webm (274x262, 28K)

Radiation suits like the ones in video games don't really exist. Anything with enough shielding to protect you from really dangerous levels of external radiation would be too heavy and stiff to move in. The suits you see radiation workers, first responders, etc. wearing are there to keep radioactive dust and gases off of them. Protection from high external radiation levels is achieved through careful dose monitoring and keeping people out of areas that aren't safe to be in.

The closest real-life thing to a functional radiation suit is this thing, it protects the most radiation-sensitive areas of the body with a heavy layer of shielding. That doesn't mean you can just waltz into a hot area while wearing one, though, it's still damn risky and there's a good chance you'd still get sick, but it gives you a better chance of recovery.

Attached: StemRad-360-atomic.jpg (960x703, 88K)

Reminds me when I went to Bangkok and a coworker told me to stay inside that night if I could help it as air quality was deemed “dangerous”

PULL UP
TERRAIN

Roof guy followed by fireman, I think. Mr. Roof was breathing in those alpha particles while fireman was surrounded by gamma radiation, it's going to hit Mr. Roof faster than Fireman.

Also, spoilers because it's a real story, Fireman is giving off radiation even while he dies. His wife is allowed to see him but advised not to touch due to aforementioned radioactivity. She touches him anyway, and he irradiates their unborn child, which fucks it up and causes her to miscarriage hours after they bury him.

Fireman is already melting, they showed him collapsing

Not surprising since Bangkok smells like shit no matter where you go.

>mass grave of lead coffins being welded shut

gonna watch till this kino shot rolls in

What about the first 2 guys who stared into the abyss?

No. I killed him. My pride killed him, and now it has consumed me as well.

When you put it that way, it doesn't sound so bad. But the idea of something not just killing me, but being imprinted on my genetic code is disturbing. Maybe a couple hundred years from now mankind will harness energy like the Sun, but i'm not worried about not being alive to see the failures along the way.

Attached: 1493111244109.png (421x421, 308K)

The universe is one giant mechanism for dabbing on organic life, which is why life on Earth is carbon-BASED

Attached: 1513875013127.png (500x383, 254K)

>Just watched Chernobyl.
How is the series? Documentary or actors and story show?

Only if you don't live in a hippie eu shithole that bans nuclear power.

Attached: uranium.webm (1280x720, 2.98M)

TV drama but it's meant to remain fairly true to the events

WHIRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Attached: Naggarok.jpg (684x540, 51K)

It's made into a drama but so far it has been very historically accurate. First ep was great.

He didn't follow safety guidelines at all
atlasobscura.com/articles/the-famous-photo-of-chernobyls-most-dangerous-radioactive-material-was-a-selfie
He's still alive, but he has some radiation aftereffects from repeated mild exposure (cataracts and stuff). He's probably at the cap of his lifetime exposure limit.
But yeah he'll probably live to 80

wut

That's the Goiania Incident. There have been a few others like it too, I know of one pretty bad one in Thailand where a medical equipment dealer left a few old teletherapy units sitting in a parking and scrap metal collectors managed to get the source out of one of them and broke it open, and you can guess where things went from there.

youtube.com/watch?v=B2ohRxMYaR0

Probably not related, but I just wanted to share this
youtu.be/4bj6SqgT4SQ

Attached: 73A031ED787041FAB970ABBBBAF77EBA.jpg (944x675, 100K)

FUCK I can taste the metal right now

That’s not a selfie. That’s a photo on a timer. Fuck I hate millennial pandering.
howdoyoudofellowkids.tiff

What a fucking chad

kek calling it selfie

It's safe (for a time limited exposure), but you need to remember that he didn't follow safety guidelines.
In fact, this famous picture had to be removed from Wikipedia because it was found out the research labs didn't actually condone taking a picture (it was thought to be owned by the DOE). I don't know who technically owns this picture now, but I just hate removal of famous images like this.

Attached: 1549812133313.png (1160x870, 1.69M)

High school failed me. What is a single felled organism?

>tfw my country has the most nuclear plants in the world
>they are supposed to also be the safest
>mfw this thread

Attached: help.gif (500x375, 98K)

thats freaky. it almost looks like its trying to "run" away from whatever is eating away at it. weird feeling

jf

whose the roof guy character?

He purposedly put the camera on a timer and stood by the elephants foot - No one asked him to take a picture.

>still being hot after 33 years
It's not unheard of.

Attached: 1394736115234.png (666x1034, 1.04M)

>even inanimate objects have the desire to eat ass

Attached: Grim goes to the wrong board.jpg (197x225, 12K)

Do take into account that the amount of incompetence that caused Chernobyl is immeasurable.

Sometimes its because of regional smog due to fucking Indonesia burning their forests.

That's because technically it was. That organism can't handle bright light, so it's running away to the darker spots.

How much incompetence are we talking?
Like Homer Simpson levels?

Attached: A.png (1510x1028, 1.39M)

sulphur smells like rotten eggs though, you'll definitely know

>X-box reinforcement
Suddenly vidya

Japanese people are extremely afraid of nuclear reactors cause one meltdowned or something when that biggest earthquake ever happened.

>Comrade Dyatlov.. I don't feel so good

Attached: 0_THP_CHP_110419Slug_3944JPG.jpg (615x342, 17K)

A guy called Sitnikov. He was ordered to go check the roof and the amount of damage the explosion had caused. One peek at the devastation and he got a deadly dose of radiation.

Attached: 1557353648390.jpg (687x849, 124K)

imgur.com/a/TwY6q

Perfectly safe, friend.

Attached: quote-as-i-hurtled-through-space-one-thought-kept-crossing-my-mind-every-part-of-this-rocket-john-gl (850x400, 86K)

The first in an extremely horrifying way. Imagine meeting the only person for you, and then constantly realizing that on day one of you will die and it will be equally horrible for the survivor.
Having this love as made my anxiety worse, keeps me up at night and going on shit sites like this trying to cope. Both of us have this anxiety from it. The saddest thing I would dare never utter aloud is I sometimes wish I was alone again because I was less worried and accepted death. Now I am terrified because I know when it happens all good that I have found and made ends. Being human is truly hellish.

It was Mexicans, wasn't it?

Is light exposure what killed it? What causes the rupture, radiation destroying the membrane?

> “The first time we came, the dogs were running around near their houses, guarding them, waiting for people to come back”, recounted Viktor Verzhikovskiy, Chairman of the Khoyniki Society of Volunteer Hunters and Fishermen. “They were happy to see us, they ran toward our voices. We shot them in the houses, and the barns, in the yards. We’d drag them out onto the street and load them onto the dump truck. It wasn’t very nice. They couldn’t understand: why are we killing them? They were easy to kill, they were household pets. They didn’t fear guns or people.”

Attached: 1526122940168.jpg (680x941, 90K)

fukushima was also sabotage

Attached: he4f25fead[1].jpg (900x400, 253K)

I've seen worse

Attached: 1557267444017.png (345x348, 252K)

>literally r*ddit

And this is why we need to prioritize migrating to multiple planets as a species if we want to survive in the long term. The more places humans live, the higher our long term chances of survival are.

"An unstoppable, excruciating pain seethes through your body, from the skin down to your bones, and you’ll bleed from your nose, mouth and rectum. Your hair will fall out; your skin will tear easily, crack and blister, and then slowly turn black. Your bones will rot, forever destroying your ability to create new blood cells. As you near the end, your immune system will completely collapse, your lungs, heart and other internal organs will begin to disintegrate, and you’ll cough them up. Your skin will eventually break down entirely, all but guaranteeing infection. One man from Chernobyl reported that when he stood up his skin slipped down off his leg like a sock. At high doses, radiation will change the very fabric of your DNA, turning you quite literally into a person other than the one you were before. And then you’ll die, in agony."

Attached: 1406000733172.gif (188x225, 1.68M)

>literally condensed information

>I felt a wave come through the room. The thick concrete walls were bent like rubber. I thought war had broken out. We started to look for Khodemchuk (seen here on the left), but he had been by the pumps and had been vaporised

Attached: 1522665113606.png (439x452, 72K)

don't worry quite so much. The RMBK Russian reactor design was created in a vodka fueled bender, and thus the reactor was designed such that it facilitated runaway reactions. Also, run by a legion of undertrained redshirts who disabled all the safety features that could've prevented the disaster in the course of running a "test"

is this claiming isreal did the fukushima incident? Do you realize how farfetched this shit sounds? And why? To punish japan for loli porn? or not taking refugees? Get counseling..

>SOVIETS BAD

the series

Attached: 1532520257056.jpg (960x706, 77K)

>t. jidf

Key word: chances.
Heat death is coming. Constantly fleeing cellular death is meaningless.

>tfw no scene where they find one of the workers being turned into a "blood foam".

>You're just going to die eventually anyway, just shoot yourself tomorrow.

It's actually more
>SOVIETS COMPLICATED

You need lots of people way beyond a mere Homer, on multiple levels. No single person can cause a fuckup like that. Chernobyl had multiple layers of sheer insanity all piled up.

Azathoth was called the nuclear chaos for a reason

meh just stop heat death from happening with tech 3 million years in the future.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deaths_due_to_the_Chernobyl_disaster#Official_list_of_direct_deaths

evidence first, user. motive later.

Attached: 1_5Fr1LgIxEpYNApdOCu98cA[1].jpg (500x224, 18K)

Wasn't USA few steps from their own chernobyl too at one point? And i believe the public information was on par with ruskies, though to their luck they noticed shit's going down in time.

holy fuck

Attached: 1541703336814.png (575x548, 98K)

Titty ghost?

Some utter dipshits caused a plutonium core meant for Atomic bomb use to go supercritical. Twice. With the same core.

>Lemme just turn these rods into manual instead of automatic
>oh shit the alarms goin off should we follow protocol?
>Nah, let's keep it going. I've got a good feeling about this. In my third hand
>...sir, you don't have a third hand
>mfw the supervisor is now a shadow on a fucking wall
How can everybody be so incompetent holy shit. All it took was for just ONE guy to say hey we shouldn't do this.

Attached: froggo.jpg (786x719, 58K)

Seething tranny

Chernobyl had horrendous design flaws courtesy of slavs

Safety measures are for capitalist pigs

dumb frogposter

>>Nah, let's keep it going. I've got a good feeling about this. In my third hand
>>...sir, you don't have a third hand
Wait what?

Japanese are ridiculously incompetent when it comes to nuclear stuff.

I'd love to hear how that is even theoretically possible

it was safe, circumventing the safety was intentional on the part of the saboteurs, there's a reason they chose a sparsely staffed night where they could pull off this crap

It was what the guy from dunkirk was doing in the trailer, wasn't it? I'm not prepared for the feels

Attached: ab3.jpg (540x651, 43K)

Ask me again in 2 million years of scientific advancement.

thermodynamics are disproven by gravity, entropy doesn't exist.

Ghoulification, but you die.

Man you fucking Americans are always making the dumbest posts.

they were very competent keeping that fucker alive though.

>entropy doesn't exist

Attached: braindead.png (879x315, 55K)

what trailer
The HBO series?
The movie?

magic and miracles

Attached: qb.jpg (240x240, 10K)

>Yea Forums - Radioactive Expert

>that one user that was so mad at Mass Effect 3's ending fiasco
>make him immortal
>his burning rage alone will prevent heat death forever

the only people who are braindead are those who think something lying on the floor has no forces acting on it

There's a jellyfish that is practically immortal, we could copy that

I'm talking three mile island. But yeah, early atomic research was all kinds of crazy too. UK kinda has elephant foot in liquid form as some nuclear waste disposal pool from early post war years, where nobody really knows what kind of shit is stored there. Also the bit when during the first bomb tests some sciencist were scared it could cause chain reaction across the whole world.

>that helicopter pilot who passed out and crashed while dumping water onto the site
youtube.com/watch?v=zuNtgYtF4FI

>tfw typecasted as autistic sociopath

Attached: Screen%20Shot%202017-09-06%20at%203.35.32%20PM.png (1536x1152, 1021K)

wasn't that the original not-retarded plot of ME? reapers went back in time to try and figure out some way to save the universe before it's too late by controlling and harvesting civilizations before their energy usage became too high?

>le americans
he isn't wrong idiot.

>Some reviewers have noted that the series successfully draws parallels to our current society by focusing on the power of information and how dishonest leaders can unintentionally make mistakes beyond their comprehension. One critic hailed the series as a "grim disquisition on the toll of devaluing the truth"; another praised it for showcasing "what happens when lying is standard and authority is abused".

Journalists really are a bunch of self-important cocksuckers.