Amazing footage intricate footsies and neutral gameplay

Amazing footage intricate footsies and neutral gameplay.

Attached: 2019-03-31-0802-56.webm (548x304, 2.9M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=MBQ5AS1kqBM
youtube.com/watch?v=5ZaCqDx92tI
twitter.com/hc0519/status/1100632434217934848?lang=en
youtube.com/watch?v=SDHYYpwJhhY
youtube.com/watch?v=s8ax-OopF8Y
youtube.com/watch?v=FbpXplP_WFE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

This game made me realize which of my friends I made during SF4 did not have a soul.

I know this is sarcasm/bait but isn't this just one guy with really shit neutral game walking into attacks because he forgets to backstep as the attack comes out to force a whiff and counterattack?

Near sighted Akuma constantly whiffs attacks

I can't find anything wrong with this and I'm absolutely worried

Attached: 1557127221271.jpg (304x481, 116K)

All I see is Ryu being the better character and this scares me.

WTF how did you get my akuma gameplay please delete this

Akuma knew his options but used them in the most JUSTed way possible and got punished every single time

what rank is that ryu?

Hows Kage is a character?

That's what I see

Ryu is 395 and Akuma is 2057 I think?

I feel like this is supposed to be sarcasm, but all I'm seeing is a button-happy Akuma getting rightfully punished every step of the way.

Attached: hang on let me try another divekick.webm (888x500, 3M)

Nice I didn't know you could lead Donkey kick with a Axe kick.

OP, could you please just fucking tell us what you're trying to prove by showing poor gameplay being punished.

i meant the rank title. whats the purple title ryu has?

bobby "fundamentals" syoryuken

Holy fuck, SFIV/V combat always looks so off compared to the old 2d games. I'm still convinced they're just sequels to the horrible EX and aren't worth playing.

Isn't Cammy just throwing out really unsafe options like jumping into the air giving Ryu enough time to anti-air?
This is some flowchart shit from the looks of it.

>tfw try to read footplay in DOA
>turns out they can whip out an attack and footplay wouldn't even matter
What fighting games actually have footplay matter like people say it does in MMA?

Samurai Shodown

You will also notice Ryu is never approaching. He does once at the very start and eats shit for it. Turns out that playing conservatively by not approaching is better than trying to open someone up. Props for a player to be so consistent at stuffing people online. Shit is infuriating. (also, I bet SFV still has fucked netcode where one person can experience teleporting and the other doesn't)

>Ryus DP still has shit invulnerability still.

>Wake me up when this is fixed and all the "Ryu shouldn't be good because beginner character" whiners are gassed.

>try to learn this game
>keep losing to varied strategies like SHORYUKEN, GOU SHORYU and MESSATSU GOU SHORYU
Meanwhile they get free jump-in throw mixups because my DP is designed to miss for some reason

Yes, if anything this is just footage of the type of low IQ monkeys you will face in street fighter netplay

Whoa...

Isn't that strat only viable because Ryu has a fireball while Cammy doesn't? Why would you ever play a character that can't range poke people?

Not gonna lie, it would get me. I've never played SF and I'm terrible at the fighting games I do play.

It's more nuanced than that, but it can certainly play a factor in some matchups (though not really that one). Most characters have other options to approach through/under fireballs and can also jump in place or just block. In both examples here, the other player is not encouraging Ryu to approach at all-- they keep throwing themselves at him. Even encouraging more fireball usage gives them more times they could "safely" approach by anticipating the fireball. Instead, they are only getting thrown to anticipate a walk-forward. I won't say that never approaching is good either, but getting the other person to approach you means you've won by putting them into a set of options in your favor.

I'd never considered spacing like this. I usually play unga characters without ranged options but then get fucked on by ranged attacks but thinking about it now, if I take my time and slowly walk/block my way to my opponent, they'll either hit a wall or stop spamming ranged attacks, right?

And if Cammy would have gotten in, it'd have been a meterless 250 damage combo into oki and constant pressure. That'a why she's ungaing, it works out well in the long run.

Please post more clips. I love this kind of shit.
youtube.com/watch?v=MBQ5AS1kqBM

youtube.com/watch?v=5ZaCqDx92tI
The whole hour of footsies

Attached: V8WZR1dP.jpg large.jpg (1536x2048, 349K)

Grand Master

>anti-air sweep
>axe kick cancel into donkey kick

Attached: 1499899377002.jpg (292x339, 19K)

forgot his tranny ninja mask today it seems

>>anti-air sweep
that's some ST shit

How is Cody compared to his SF4 self?

Imagine "her" in mid 30's

Sometimes when you have a game plan that always, or almost always works to the point that it's muscle memory it's hard to train yourself away from it. That's why matches are FT2 and sets are generally also FT2 or FT3. Almost anyone can take a single round off anyone else, it's how they adapt that matters. That being said that Ryu clearly has way better fundamentals than the Cammy, and is a way higher rank for that reason.

no wonder sf4fags shit on sf5. They can't do shit without their half screen normals, and complain about stubby buttons

Is Karin good character for begginer? SFV
Or maybe Chun Li?

Attached: S6XF26TW5nY.jpg (701x1080, 154K)

Just looks like the akuma is just throwing out attacks without really thinking

ryu is always the best beginner character of any street fighter

She's 31 right now

why the fuck did they think to let that move start up in 6 frames?

>SFfags think that's good footies
Watch this shit, this is true skill.
twitter.com/hc0519/status/1100632434217934848?lang=en

Your average online Cammy player is a braindead retard who doesn't know when to stop attacking. They have an insatiable need to keep attacking otherwise they would actually have to use their brain.

I want to play cute girl not ryu

OP is baiting retards with footage of an idiot getting styled on.

Isn't this the epitome of true neutral at this point? You both know your characters so well that the best move is to not play at all?
I don't know much about Sam Sho but I do remember that it's literally all neutral game and people die in a couple of hits.

The idea is to put yourself in a place where your opponent has to commit with more risk and you don't. Take your time, yeah. Think of how Gief just slowly walks in on people and apply that to your character... then burst in when you can. isn't entirely wrong, but pure unga is an online or mid-level slayer. Focus on grinding out stuffing those options and then those players have nothing; their gameplan falls apart. Once again, it's obviously more nuanced than that.

I feel like an absolute brainlet but how are you supposed to beat this? It comes out really fast and it looks like it has priority over every other button, even air heavies. The only thing I saw that kinda worked was an FADC into a jab combo. Would this strategy then be considered the ultimate noob killer? Imagine playing this with your friends in middle school and just spamming st.hk with Bison. It'd be infuriating. How many people got shanked in the arcades for this?

post more brainlet punishing

Honestly, talking here is actually making me understand fighting games a bit more. This has been surprisingly enlightening.

You're right about it being all neutral with extremely heavy damage, but this is probably the most extreme case. Both characters have jabs they can easily punish the other for if they get blocked or miss. Also both players were eating so they weren't being 100% serious, but they are pro players.

>SFV OST is ba-
youtube.com/watch?v=SDHYYpwJhhY
wtf i love SFV now...

>Isn't this the epitome of true neutral at this point?
Not really, neutral usually involves movement. This is more of a case of two poorly balanced characters that can punish a lot of their options on block.
>I don't know much about Sam Sho but I do remember that it's literally all neutral game and people die in a couple of hits.
Depends, only very few moves actually do a lot of damage so there's a lot of low damage hits in most matches. Neutral is pretty prevalent in those games but some high tiers can go for nasty mixups or even rush down.

Yeah, and this guy would still destroy everyone in this thread.

Simple is fine, not everything is about the absolute optimal combo. He's playing solid and using basic but effective tools for each situation.

Street fighter V isn't your game then. None of the girls are cute, have you seen the monstrous hands they have?

Crossups or better jump in angles. Most sweeps. He's smurf trolling shitters that will literally throw out random bad options so good normals are going to dominate and a good chunk of footage are just short single hits then cut to another fight.

Chun Li looks cute to me.

Awesome that it's clicking for you. Apply it and know that brings up a very important point. The more you practice, the easier it will be to play like that Ryu just on account of you internalizing what most players do and your reactions will become faster. The difference in actual reaction times between players from a biological standpoint is far, far less important than the ability to pick apart patterns and grind out the appropriate reaction so you won't have to think about it at all.

Ideally, a game's balance rewards characters equally for good decision making. Also, the case of highlights the importance of burst movement in making a game more or less viable when it comes to approaching. Think about KoF/GG vs SF in this regard. Even the titles which most closely share the number of times a player must win neutral to win a round on average, the former will encourage more aggressive play as the game gives the player more options to through at the defender, making it increasingly likely that they "guess wrong." The balance of fighting games is ideally to make a game wherein both styles of play work-- a character who has tools to be defensive and deliberate won't have to make constant defensive guesses to not get jumped on and the offensive character can actually approach without the game being a campy snoozefest.

Proof that you don't have to be good at SF to make some money off it

reminds me of youtube.com/watch?v=s8ax-OopF8Y

Fucking sweet

I've been learning with Sakura. Karin's execution was a little high for me at this point, but Sakura has some easy combos that I'm practicing in Bronze now. I still haven't run into a single other Sakura player so you get to be a special snowflake in the sea of Ryus and Akumas.

>This is an Ultra Diamond player by SFV standards

>Its another "Yea Forums pretends they understand what neutral means"

Friends or soul, you have neither.

All I have seen online in SFV so far are unga bunga Ken and Vega players. Haven't seen Ryu once and only 1 Akuma
t. Guile chad

Wait shit Yea Forums actually understands neutral and didn't fall for OP's shit. Shit, I'm proud of you, Yea Forums.

WTF I LOVE SFV NOW?

I can't believe people actually play SFV. Like for fun. I can understand if you were a pro or some such faggotry and you were trying to make a paycheck, but people ACTUALLY play this shitty game, willingly, for their own """"""""""enjoyment"""""""""". I'll never understand it, and I've never been so disappointed in a fighting game in my entire life.

Attached: 1505368634438.gif (240x228, 858K)

>rank 1536

I honestly love seeing the fundamentals on display vs a montage of epic combos and shit.

I just installed last night and i am getting dumpstered in bronze, i guess its been long enough that bad players can do really long combos now.

Everyone says SFV is shit but it has the biggest online community on PC and im personally enjoying it even though im bad

All the girls are great you are trolling

I'm not one of those people but I do want to know what the fuck it is. I thought it just meant attacks you do without moving but that doesn't seem to be the case.

I miss Daigo's SF4 Ryu.

Does anyone remember that YouTube channel with like 200 clips of stuff like this from random fighting games?

I remember clips from KoF 98 and stuff, where Chin would just cheese the whole round, or weird bugs.

Nobody believed me when I said Ryu was on a massive power creep and he'd ruin this game. Capcom is terrified of alienating all the NPCs who actually play him (and have been for decades) so they made him the swiss army knife of the cast, the best in basically any scenario because he has literally no prominent weaknesses but a shit ton of advantages.

Attached: 1529385739051.jpg (850x565, 97K)

This pasta?

are you talking about homo-genius?

Neutral, basically, is the stage where you and your opponent are on equal opportunity. Basically trying to open the other up. What you're thinking of is normals or specials that move a character forward, that's more of a movement option than neutral. The neutral is the phase of a fight where neither opponent is on the offensive or the defensive. It tends to shift quickly in and out. That's why its always fucking insane for people to summarize a game's neutral with stubby normals. Stubby normals are NOT something that defines a neutral. All fighting games have a neutral. Its fucking insane to state otherwise.

If OP is trying to state that SFV has stubby normals, which can feel bad, then fine, there'd be discussion. If we talked about the input delay between pressing a button to the normal coming out, fine, we have a discussion. Instead, we have footage of an idiot Akuma walking like a fucking moron into a rotating door of punishment and we pretend SFV is a bad game for this, RATHER THAN ACTUAL FAULTS.

You do realize Ryu's fireball is at its weakest in SFV, right? A lot of characters have tools of moving around him.

Attached: 1463301901698.gif (480x270, 1.58M)

Don't mean to advertise but Core-A-Gaming released a video with somewhat of a misleading title of why button mashing is bad but it ends up just explaining EVERYTHING in a fighting game, including the neutral. I heavily recommend watching it.

>sf5 thread
>every post isn't ridiculing the shit out of it
did it get good finally? i switched to UNIST since sf5 sucked and i had no mexicans to play kof with

How come he hasn't won evo yet?

So were you looking for a KoF-esque neutral in SFV or do you just want a KoF-esque neutral in general? Might as well stay with UNIST, then

That makes sense. Thank you kind user. One more thing though.

What are normals?

Attached: thatfeltgood.png (355x355, 148K)

Usually the non-special moves of a character. Light punch, medium punch, heavy punch, etc. (They're usually referred to as jab, strong, fierce but easier for the new players to remember the former.)

Was actually a really good video. Unfortunately the people who are gonna watch it are the type that already know the info in it.

That's the problem with a channel being more on the aspects of the genre rather than a fundamentals channel, yeah. Least its a general resource to point any new player to, right?

i'm at such literal garbage level of skill that i play sf and kof pretty much identically anyway so i wouldn't be able to tell the difference in neutral between the two, i just like how they both play versus stuff like tekken or anime fighters
that's why i like UNIST cause it's like an in between of kof/sf gameplay and traditional anime fightan bullshit
honestly good point though, UNIST is experiencing such a popularity boom right now i may as well just stick around for the ride

youtube.com/watch?v=FbpXplP_WFE

KoF-esque neutral tends to implies a bit more generous approach of movement towards your opponent. In SF, you can't usually dash for free, jump, etc to your opponent without eating shit. You tend to nudge yourself, walk, and look for opportunities to move quickly. UNIST found a way to combine both of them. I'm glad you're enjoying it. Keep practicing, brother.

Attached: 1557636727531(1).webm (700x392, 2.61M)

Did they announce season 4 yet?

Attached: $50000.png (1403x1051, 1.25M)

Yeah, turns out it was Winter.

eyyyy

good bants lad

That's just akuma nigger being akuma nigger.

Attached: 1536476527330.jpg (1693x2047, 1022K)

>Constantly gets knock downs but fails to keep on pressure
>Tries to backdash after hadoken and gets punished for it
>When he tried to pressure at all he gets hit
I hate that this guy gets jerked off cause he doesn't actually play well. It is just SFV fans desperate for anything resembling neutral

>Turns out that playing conservatively by not approaching is better than trying to open someone up.
This is not true at all in SFV. The game is heavy on snowballing pressure. We're talking about a game where everyone has a activate super unga pressure mode. If that Cammy had been semi competent he'd be in the corner getting thrown 10 times, which would have been 100 times more rewarding than the weak pokes he was throwing out. Maybe not even semi competent, if he had missed one anti air she would have got a huge combo to knockdown.

ok that was funny

I thought you were playing SSB now, LTG.

Attached: 1475812839103.png (900x900, 939K)