m.youtube.com/watch?v=rz5aKxqOYwY
m.youtube.com/watch?v=_aJHEYuWotk
m.youtube.com/watch?v=x-0hR105iPk
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

What do they eat
?

Snow you fucking idiot.
Next question.

They used to have a shitload of very fertile land just past that bridge, but it's frozen now so they're all starving.

Attached: 1553085645452.jpg (1440x900, 765K)

how tight is your bussy

Moderately tight, but don't underestimate its grip; this bad boy can untie a knot by just clenching his rectum.

Do Frontlines/PVP Linkshells/Discords exist? Should I bother trying to get into one or just try and wring some friends to playing with me? I want to get into pre-mades.

What's they're tax policy?

Let us know if you have any luck. I'm sick of losing.
Played 7 games today, lost them all either due to retarded team mates, another alliance who isn't #1 decides to attack the other team for no reason giving the leader a free win, or fucked up RNG placing all the Tomeliths near one spawn point the entire game before topping it off with a nice and juicy S-Rank.

>dude religion is bad lmao
what an embarrassing mess Heavensward was

Imagine being this incapable of following a story and its themes.

It fluctuates between 3% and 5%.

If you're rich, normal food, alcohol, and hot chocolate.

If you're poor, rat meat. And then you freeze to death.

A toast
to FUCK Ascians
FUCK Allagans
FUCK dragons
and most of all, FUCK Warrior of Light In my bedchamber

Attached: 1548906020552.png (828x812, 2.58M)

I mean, somehow I feel like most pre-mades are just friends Frontlining together. I wouldn't mind going with randoms, but I'm no leader. Making a LS/discord and inviting people is easy enough but if anything else happens, well, I just don't have great judgement. Maybe I'll try Party Finder or something.

>Aymeric is the first guy to be at your side after you collapse fighting Elidibus-Zenos
>House Fortemps is next
>nobody else bothers to come
>our boy Estinien rescued you to begin with

Really, why haven't we said "fuck it" to the rest of Eorzea, when Ishgard is clearly the only city-state to care about us as anything more than their resident god-slaying weapon

We WILL rebuild Ishgard. Even if I have to fly to Japan and force SE to do it.

Ul'dah cares about you too. Limsa and Gridania can get fucked though.

user... it's happening in 5.0.

I know user please.

It's already confirmed to be a crafter questline in Shadowniggers. I can't wait, Ishgard is literally the comfiest city in my opinion.

Gridania is also comfy, but snow really tickles my comfy bone.

Ul'dah as a nation doesn't give a fuck about you. Only the Sultana does, and she's powerless to do anything against the Syndicate.

Raubahn treats you like a bro, and Lolorito is your biggest fan and performs fucking espionage just so he can help you.

I heard something about a crafter quest where you meet Lolorito's son, and according to him all Lolorito had to say regarding the WoL was absolute adoration?

Raubahn isn't a part of Ul'dah anymore since he went back to Mhiggerland, but yeah, he's on your side. But even when he was in Ul'dah he was just as powerless as the Sultana. Do you not remember him ranting about the evils of rampant capitalism sometime back in 2.0?

Also Lolorito doesn't give a shit about you. You're a convenience too important to ignore, so he won't stab you in the back, but he is most definitely NOT your friend.

All of Eorzea is rightful Ishgardian clay

AT LEAST IT WAS BEFORE I FUCKED THANGS UP

It's his niece who you meet after doing the Kugane Castle quest, and yeah he apparently tells stories about you.
>You're a convenience too important to ignore, so he won't stab you in the back, but he is most definitely NOT your friend.
Not according to his niece. Lolorito has done nothing but help you and stuck his neck out to provide support for your Doman insurrection.

I started in Gridania and everyone there treats you pretty well.

>Ishgard is clearly the only city-state to care about us
I play a male potato. The sultana has been trying to mash my spuds for 3 expansions now.

Ul'dah stand with the WoL.

>Not according to his niece
He has a niece? I don't ever recall meeting her. If you can get me a video or something showing her saying good things about Lolorito I'll eat my words regarding Ul'dah's lack of care.

It's all rightful Elezen clay. Hyurs get out.

>would sacrifice you the second the trees decided you had to go

They're friendly enough to you, but Ishgard treats you like family and is eternally loyal to you. And their knightly war culture means they understand the pain of being a soldier.

>Building a city on a rock surrounded by more rocks.
Nice place bro

youtu.be/p25OGIZfYPw
If the timestamp doesn't work, it starts at 6:39.

In addition to this, Lolorito was a hero in 1.0 too. Godbert's Syndicate seat was previously filled by the ALC guild owner Eolande Quiveron. Teledji and Fyrgeiss wanted her gone, so they began trying to intimidate her by poisoning her son and putting him into comas that lasted for weeks at a time.

Lolorito secretly ran interference and personally financed a cure to the poison they were using. He later used both the coma poison and the cure during the whole Nanamo plot in ARR.

In a recent Christmas quest, you work with the doctor of a childrens' ward. That doctor was the son Lolorito worked to save. And Lolorito is all too eager to help both of you out after failing to protect his mother from Syndicate assassination under the cover of the Calamity. He treats the guy like family.

Hmm, all she says is that Lolorito told her of your exploits, which isn't exactly showing that he has glowing praise for you - I mean, you are the most famous hero in Eorzea, but it's like celebrity gossip. I'll still retract what I said, but I'm not considering this a complete loss.

What came first, the castle, or the bridge to it?

>Hmm, all she says is that Lolorito told her of your exploits, which isn't exactly showing that he has glowing praise for you
You're right, but there's also Lolorito is a businessman first, but he's also a decent guy who loves Ul'dah and regularly fucks up evil Syndicate plots.

Lalafells

>a smile better suits a hero

Attached: 1414529871213.jpg (527x612, 51K)

Ishgard Housing Never Ever

Attached: ffae26841510b451f87f55960b010b5e.jpg (1920x1200, 502K)

They had so little trust of the other alliance members they took us back to Ishgard before letting a medic touch us. I can't blame them though, given that whole uldah bit.

Everyone keeps complaining about the Elementals as one of the downsides to Gridania, but the Elementals haven't really done anything since ARR. And if you become a White Mage, you pretty much cull all of the corruption in the forest and become a beloved figure on par with the other Padjals. If you're a Bard, you single-handedly bring back the Bard job to Gridania by helping Jehantel through his PTSD. So it feels like you're a pretty beloved figure in Gridania.

Ishgardian chirurgeons probably have shitloads of field experience so I'd trust them over barber surgeons and hippies that will stuff leaves in my wounds.

>We're rapidly approaching the point where the WoL can't smile because they just keep having to deal with more and more shit
We failed him

One of the White Mage quests has you literally forcing a super-elemental to sleep otherwise it will relentlessly purge any people living in the forest. And while the Elementals haven't done anything involving you personally, it's implied that Conjurers regularly let people die if the Elementals don't say they should be healed.

What is the logical reasoning behind making a giant castle at the top of a thin rock outcrop that requires three bridges built to access in the first place?

It's not so much about the Elementals doing things as much as it's about the unending surveillance and strict rules. Like if you live in Gridania, assuming you don't shell out for imported foods, your diet is going to consist mostly of beans because you can only take certain amounts of specific foods from the forest at specific intervals. If you're Hyuran, there's a chance your baby will be born with horns and stolen from you to be raised in a convent. And there's always the chance that the Elementals will wake up Oha-sok again.

maybe its just because I haven't been playing this game on and off for 12 years like WoW so I don't hate every single important character but god damn if Haurchefant didn't get to me

Attached: 1398896296059.jpg (563x364, 141K)

It was originally just a small church. The city and fortifications came later. It would also be a great defense position if your enemies can't come from the air.

you're also entirely trapped in a seige.

He's the first character in the entire game to treat you as an actual friend. I mean, the Scions and some important city-state figures are friendly but sort of impersonal with you. Haurchefaunt, and later his family and the rest of Ishgard, actually come to care about you in a much more significant way than the Scions (sans Alphinaud/Alisaie) do.

Ishgard has airships, so if the enemy is entirely groundbound Ishgard can literally outlast any siege.

Unfortunately, their main enemy for 1000 years was dragons.

well, more like a sex object

>Me on DRK and a DPS are attacking a healer in Feast
>get him down to 5 percent HP
>just zaps himself back to full health

Why the fuck is this allowed? Fuck healers in PVP man

LITERALLY NOTHING BUT SALT AND SAND I LOVE ALA MHIGO!

You would also be completely fucked if the enemy was able to destroy any of the bridges.

Well at least some if it was constructed while they were friends with the dragons so maybe they figured they could evacuate on dragonback if needed. They were supposedly guided to the spot by visions sent from Halone so they weren't very willing to move.

My understanding is they have The Protector, which is definitely a decent sized battleship, and not much else.

That's not Momodi

They have other, smaller airships. Eorzean style airships aren't very good for anything but short distance travel though.

>Fray: The next knight who bears steel, I'm not only going to kill him, but I'm going to kill his wife, his friends, and burn his godsdamned house down!

Jesus dick, fray. You get back up from getting fatally stabbed, hand me a giant sword, and start spouting this crazy edge shit. I thought we were here to save a girl. You're lucky I want to learn how to use giant swords.

Attached: damn son.jpg (744x419, 54K)

Ala Mhigo was great, I love all the locations in this game.
Except Lower La Noscea.

Attached: 1555694413296.png (626x718, 278K)

Dark arts are a hell of a drug

Attached: 1550799367422.jpg (250x250, 18K)

>WoL will never amass a huge amount of crystals and wish Haurchefant back to life in the form of a primal

Attached: d9yvul5r8msz.jpg (1280x574, 319K)

I hope you have fun user. This may be a first for you, but open your journal up and read the quest text for the Dark Knight story as you go through.

God I wanna Fuck Fray,

That would go against everything the WoL stands for, and knows about primals. Even if that did happen, the WoL knows full well that primals aren't actually the figure being summoned in question, but the summoner's idea of what they should be.

Asl?

>Load in to Feast
>Tank immediately enters tank stance
>Healer and ranged both have garo titles
Kill me.

How do they revive Zodiark? Asking for a friend?

>betraying the very thing he died for
Haurchefant would be dissapointed in you user.

Hold on for the ride, user. It only gets better as you go along.

>it's a "Tsukuyomi 'farm party' wipes 5 times before clearing the first meteors" episode

>That would go against everything the WoL stands for
That's what makes it so good.

Well, Zodiark got his ass split into 13 shards by Hydaelyn, and those 13 shards are the other parallel worlds to the Source the WoL is on. By inducing Calamities on the Source, Hydaelyn has to absorb another shard to maintain her power and thus reassemble Zodiark.

There's already been seven calamities, with an eighth one currently in the works.

All we have to do is blow out one more dimensional barrier and then Zodiark can help fix the universe again. Honestly all this fighting is silly. Let's just rejoin the sundered reflections already. Who's with me?

Honestly, it feels like the WoL has been more happier than he's ever been in Stormblood. Despite the whole liberating Doma and Ala Mhigo objective, not a lot of stuff really personally affected the WoL.

The 4.0 MSQ felt like a little vacation. Going swimming in the Ruby Sea with Lyse and Alisaie, having nice little campfires in the Azim Steppe, drinking with Hien and Gosetsu into the night, going rock-climbing to see the stars at night, etc.

4.1 was literally a treasure hunting adventure with Arenvald and Alphinaud.

4.2 we were able to reunite with Gosetsu

4.3 had Yotusyu's death but we weren't really affected by it and we got the rest of Doma's citizens and we got to begin Doman reconstruction

4.4 we got to have a little fun brawling with Sadu back in the Azime Steppe. We lost the Scions but they're only knocked out.

4.5 is obviously the setup to transition to Shadowbringers but it didn't really feel like we lost anything as much as we did in ARR's transition to HW.

Hell, even in the side content like the Four Lords, Alphascape, Doman Reconstruction, Custom Deliveries, Beast Tribe, etc, the WoL seems overall pretty happy helping them out.

That's what makes it retarded. The WoL would never do that.

I'm going to rewatch all Heavensward Cutscenes after I change to bunny.

Attached: Final-Fantasy-XIV-Shadowbringers.jpg (896x504, 397K)

>Honestly, it feels like the WoL has been more happier than he's ever been in Stormblood.
The exhaustion mostly shows in the dialogue options. They've gotten more and more cynical since Heavensward.

Attached: 1552283332785.png (971x550, 811K)

I'd argue that having the fate of two entire nations resting on your shoulders is more than stressful enough.

>first floods with light
>this is universally regarded as bad
>13th flooded with darkness
Do the ascians consider the 13th shard a win?

Buns are growing on me, especially after seeing them with glasses. I'll probably give them a try.

No, because any kind of flooded world can't be Rejoined. Igeyorhm made herself Lahabrea's slave as penance for her fuck up on the 13th.

What materia to use for paladin and/or DRK?

>two

Try six and now a whole other alternate fucking dimension.

>hyurs get out
but you like us

Attached: mongrel.jpg (1280x678, 182K)

1.23b was actually a really good video game.

Attached: FFXIV_1533735283.jpg (3840x2160, 715K)

>Meowie finally fucking dead.

God bless yoshida.

No, the Void is a complete fuckup. The Ascians say that Zodiark has no use for a void.

As much as they exalt the dark and spread chaos, the Ascians are concerned with universal balance, even if it comes at the price of untold amounts of sentient life.

Yeah, but this time you weren't doing it fully alone. You had the full backing of the Eorzean Alliance, Doma, the Azim Steppe tribes, etc, this time around to help you.

man i just want that axe

But you're still the only guy who can take down the primal of the week. Hell, you were the only guy who could take down Zenos himself - if you failed during the final assault on Ala Mhigo, it was all over. It doesn't matter that you had the backing of an army if the opponents you face could easily wipe the floor with them to begin with.

So ascians consider darknes=
s=bad. The rejoining require calamities, so obviously bad to the world’s people, but what is the post-rejoin like? According to history astral eras are separated by calamities, does this mean rejoining creates prosperity?

Has zodiark ever said anything like hydaelyn does a5 times?

>do Sophia EX unsynced
>at least 5 people fall off during the first meteor scale tip

Astral eras are also separated by umbral eras directly after calamities which is when the bad times are around.

>do levi ex unsync
>three people in the drink first slam
God help us all

A Rejoining reduces one of the alternate worlds to pure aether and combines it into our world. On our world the Ascians begin raising civilization back up after a Calamity because they're in a constant balancing act.
>Has zodiark ever said anything like hydaelyn does a5 times?
He's dead. The Moon is his corpse. Honestly it's totally possible that Elidibus is bullshitting the entire mission and none of it was ordered by Zodiark to begin with.

We don't know what happens to a Rejoined shard. The Ascians are also rather tight-lipped about it, but it's generally assumed every living thing on that shard gets reduced to aether and consumed by Hydaelyn.

>q pvp all day long again just like yesterday
>only got in like three times until q started going over 80 mins
>last two matches in seal rock got less than 30 points as maelstrom
>started match with less than 8 guys in party each time, 4 in first one and 6 in second one
>people go afk
>I get killed after trying to focus a healer
>healer proceeds to spam /laugh at me over and over
I hate this fucking garbage game
Reported that bitch, doubt they'll do anything but hopefully it acts as a strike against them if they fuck up later on. I don't even mind teabagging I was just extra butthurt, the GM was very soothing.
Also fuck yoshi for locking anything at all behind this terrible pvp garbage

Attached: yoshi p.jpg (1920x1080, 309K)

But there was also a choice for a bunch of optimistic dialogue in the dialogue options as well.

Attached: snapshot1.jpg (1920x1080, 243K)

stupid garo babby

But the fact that cynical, bitter remarks were even options in the first place were all the more telling.

I was really disappointed there was no horrible situation to send us into that state we see WoL in during the trailer. Shit better hit the fan HARD at the start of ShB.

>5.0 monsters of light are weird-lookin rldritch things
>ultima was a light aspected weird looking eldritch thing
>also an alien, like the dragons

What soes it mean

>tfw took every opportunity to make it very clear when given the choice I wanted fucking nothing to do with Mhiggers or their revolution

I have never been happier to leave something behind than this expansion even if it is some dimension hopping filler arc it will certainly be better than the bullshit I had to put up with this expac. Fuck Mhiggers.

Ishgard gonna get Black Rose'd

wasn't this the one where the namazu tells on you when you first came to Kugane?

Should I post my batshit theory?

Attached: 1542714609660.jpg (1392x478, 255K)

>Warrior of Light
>Doesn't play Warrior
Explain yourselves non-warriors.

>dimension hopping filler arc
That's the thing, ShB is actually us getting back to the important shit, SB was the filler

>he isn't a Ninja of Light

Enjoy your 120 minute q times and garbage pvp I guess

Attached: 1523320984030.png (584x553, 672K)

Considering the WoL was attacked by a Kuribu, they were already on the First by that point. Something big's gonna happen to break the WoL's spirit, I can almost taste it.

>Not playing Dark Knight of Light

Shit taste, Ala Mhigo and its people are cool. A lot of them are shitty but they just had a really rough time due to the nation's history (which is more the fault of a mad fucking king). A lot of the ones who were shitty end up coming around with Stormblood.

Sometimes I really have no idea what my team is doing in Rival Wings.
They're not getting the train
They're not collecting ceruleum
They're not in mechs
They're not attacking the mercenary
They're not defending the base
Literally what the fuck are they doing? I see all 23 of them running around the map yet none of them seem to be doing a single thing.

>he doesn't wanna main Dancer of Light
Disappointing

Alisaie's going to get turned into a primal and we're forced to kill her

I wish I got to play it back when it looked like that.

Kinda sad the game is gone for good. Good or bad I'm curious now as to what it was like, I kinda just want to explore that world.

Could be another point in favor of the "We have to kill Alisae/Titania conspiracy theory

Attached: IMG_0596.png (300x300, 64K)

Important shit like what? Saving a world that was already supposed to be saved in 3.4? Ignoring the Garleans even though we're in the middle of a big war with them? Shadowbringers is blatantly filler. Stormblood actually progressed the overall plot of the world.

Too bad the best one died.

Attached: 1545967943617.png (1068x1080, 657K)

I don't think we'll kill Alisaie, honestly. It just seems too convenient.

XIV 1.0 had a lot of good ideas, but it was the definition of wasted potential due to poor design decisions.

Heavensward was more of a filler than Stormblood was.

Not once has the WoL been shown to be a healer.

The Garleans are not the main story of 14, it's always been about the Light vs Dark shit, which we're now getting directly involved in

They wanted to give people more choices on how their WoL should act because people had been complaining about how the WoL only *shakes head* and *punches palm into fist* in most cutscenes. So the options where you can reply either optimistically or snarkly were there to give people more options on how they think their own WoL should act even if they didn't really affect anything for the story.

Personally I didn't really like the cynical remarks most of the time because they were usually meme-y responses that looked like they were created based on how a real life player's felt towards the situation more than the WoL saying it.

Attached: snapshot.jpg (1920x1080, 252K)

anyone ever submit an application to a raiding fc?
they ask all these questions like why i'd be a good fit and why i want to join, what my history in the game is like, how i can best contribute, and im just looking at their form and have no idea what to write...
this sucks, i never had to do this in wow

Poor design decisions no one will ever learn from again because they've been erased. It's tragic the state game preservation is in, especially online games.

Eh, whatever. My usual go-to responses were the ones like "For those we have lost, for those we can yet save" instead of being extremely chipper or downright assholeish. The WoL's seen a lot of shit, especially with the Echo, so I think it makes sense they'd only continue to be a hero out of duty by this point.

"I tire of this charade" is kino

Don't overthink it, just write one or two sentences per answer.
The XIV community is rather autistic, you would have to fill out forms no matter where you go, only way around would be through the backdoor by having a friend or just paying off officers to put in a recommendation for you.

Also you have the same exact shit in WoW, you probably just never raided.

If Stormblood is the main plot, I don't want it to be progressed. Garleans are boring as shit villains with an overused aesthetic.

There is a fair amount of documentation about 1.0, though. I know Speakers Network on Youtube has a lot of coverage for the game, especially "The Fall and Rise of XIV" series which covers both in-game failings and the real-life failures of Tanaka's team.

>tfw ingame character creator doesn't allow you to make a midlander that looks that manish

I always knew Gaius Von Ballsack was a nice guy.

what the fuck is this autistic shit
Never heard of it, don't bother with that shit man. I'd rather not even raid if I had to deal with shit like that

Yoshi-P said in his latest interview that he was surprised to find out people actually wanted the stubble.

..And the Garlean Empire was created in order to spread more darkness on our world.

I'm surprised that he was surprised that people actually want more character customization options.

Why does he look like Clint Eastwood?

Attached: aeey26p0wfz01.png (1137x903, 821K)

Yeah, he's been a decent guy from the beginning. In 1.0 he betrayed Garlemald and teamed up with you to try and stop Nael. He always seeks the most peaceful possible option for his conquests.

Gaius is pretty much the only progressive Garlean we've actually seen. He doesn't care for race, only that you do your duty to Garlemald. Of course, he betrayed Nael because Garlemald can't rule over a smoking crater.

I did the sidequest released in 4.1 where you go around helping some Ala Mhigans and Resistance members you met in the MSQ with the saltery and I thought it was pretty heartwarming on how they thanked you for liberating them and helping them out.

Attached: ffxiv_05222018_165021.png (1920x1001, 2.68M)

The Garleans are on the same level of importance to the overall plot as the beastmen

>Of course, he betrayed Nael because Garlemald can't rule over a smoking crater.
That's the line he gives to you and Cid so he can keep up the spooky, heartless conqueror act. He knows how valuable a tool fear is. When he's alone with Nael in an Echo vision he's just begging Nael to stop because that kind of tactic is horrifying and worse than than the primals.

I want to be blacked by gaius.

They're literally led by an Ascian and big bad white Ascian is in Zenos' body.

Just not enough without the game itself surviving. Video, pictures, and articles can never replace actually playing the thing.

>Black Mage of Light

Attached: 1552288196622.png (440x440, 273K)

I loved that and the 4.0 one where you head back to Little Ala Mhigo and tell people they can finally return home.

I mean, it was also his intent from the start. Gaius is pro-Garlemald, so it's not wrong for him to say he was doing it for Garlemald's sake as well as for moral reasons.

I mean, we also learn in Stormblood that Gaius put a kibosh on chemical weapons development because he felt it was too inhuman. Again - Gaius is progressive. He didn't see "savages" like every other Garlean, but future citizens of Garlemald. He never put on a heartless conqueror act, one of his lieutenants was a Roegadyn, and Gaius makes it very clear that he would see the Eorzeans brought into the Empire on his more ethical terms rather than the general ones of Garlemald.

But then only 6 actually go.

It makes some things make more sense, but on the other hand it kind of completely ruins Varis as a character. Him being such an ineffectual puppet is really fucking boring, especially since we've already dealt with Ascians pulling this kind of bullshit constantly as is. Unless they have him backstab them all in some really badass way anyway

Yes, the Ascians are the only reason the Garleans matter at all

I miss Regula.

The ones who stay have made their home in Little Ala Mhigo and are happy to stay there. That's fine.

If I remember correctly, there's also a 1.0 emulator somewhere out there, although it basically just renders the game world without any NPCs or enemies.

I also highly doubt that SE would just throw away everything regarding 1.0 entirely, especially considering how much of a massive embarrassment and failure it was to them.

It's disappointing, I agree. I'm personally banking on us killing him and in his dying breath he says some shit like "maybe u can...... stop the ascians..........." then dies

>I mean, it was also his intent from the start. Gaius is pro-Garlemald, so it's not wrong for him to say he was doing it for Garlemald's sake as well as for moral reasons.
Of course, but Gaius is pro-Garlemald because he wants to bring the world under one strong banner of safety and progress. For him it's less about subjugation and more about forcing stupid savages into a safer, more modern world.
>He never put on a heartless conqueror act
Not to territories they already had, but he definitely did toward Eorzea. His tactic was to try and scare them into surrender before any fighting would actually take place. That was the actual purpose of him waving the Ultima Weapon around.

From the way Varis acts, it seems very likely that he'll at least attempt to backstab the Ascians at some point. He is very much into the "man creates his own destiny" thing, and I strongly feel his arguments at the Garlean/Eorzean negotiations was all an act.

Please get out of the leyline, you're going to die.

Locking it away on a harddrive somewhere and never releasing it is effectively the same thing as erasing it. Games like that should be preserved that's the kind of game that makes a great lesson and you can learn a lot from what it does wrong. There is a world of difference between hearing about how Daikatana is bad, reading about how Daikatana failed, looking at pictures of Daikatana and playing Daikatana yourself.

ADJUST

No

Attached: 1548542157990.png (587x306, 84K)

Attached: 1548350353374.jpg (226x223, 8K)

>tfw got to experience it first hand but can barely remember it because I was perpetually drunk back then
>tfw missed out on so many easy achievments and titles
At least I have my Dalamud Horn
so glad they didn't give that out during the calamity event and instead cucked all the people who did hard mode

Attached: ffxiv dalamud.gif (480x620, 831K)

>You can learn a lot from what it does wrong

I don't think so. A lot of it's mistakes were painfully obvious

You'll die if you don't move!

Attached: 1553662268011.jpg (875x739, 81K)

ADJUST YOU FUCKING SLUT

Fine, I'll move a little

Attached: 1547270811523.jpg (997x728, 103K)

>tfw you first noticed the "moon" looked kinda mechanical

Attached: 1541042527921.gif (200x189, 799K)

>Not using Rescue to drag BLM out of their stupid circles.

no you will

Attached: 1529916542307.jpg (595x313, 38K)

Lads, this is the farthest I've gone solo. Getting scared of the next levels. Have no fucking idea how I'm going to solo the super humans on 90+

Attached: file.png (928x618, 1.44M)

>teleports back instantly

gridania's fucking music makes me not like it

Great now we both dead

Attached: 1556796237680.jpg (607x1024, 61K)

Yea Forums what do I in this game
I'm bored and no

Fuck it, I'm not healing you anymore. Enjoy dying.

Attached: 1539703968529.gif (851x471, 2.58M)

Start big fishing

>'m bored and no
No what? Are you okay user?

Become King of the Jews

I love Rescuing people while they do LB
They always get super disorientated and start bitching about how it interrupts the LB when it actually still goes through just fine and lets them go back to doing damage themselves way sooner

>get 2 lines on wondrous tails
>1 line is estinien and cracked crystals
>2 lines is hien, mendacity and silver certificate
I will bread this fucking cat

Attached: 1555685353696.png (1024x719, 806K)

I finally got it brehs
now I feel empty inside
why the fuck does the gay pld lion have the pld job sign and the bear doesn't have the war sign???

Attached: pld mount.png (580x446, 388K)

Either gear up for raiding, generally gear and level, or play the money market
Alternatively do what my friend did and become an irredeemable degenerate in limsa and just stand there all day.

I'm doing 9k DPS you should probably raise me if you don't want to hit enrage.

Ishgard is depressing to be in. It's dark 90% of the time, and getting around is a pain in the ass because it's too big and all the places you want to check are miles apart from each other.

Well bud, if you get 2 lines, you get the reward for 1 line too.

Im only level sixtyfour fisher and dont no how to level without fishpeople daily

yes

i dont have crafter leveled

i have gear and no one raiding at morning

I'm gonna breed her either way.

Fuck, fine, but you better move out of the lines next time. Even just a bit.

Attached: 1549264076912.jpg (557x495, 45K)

Alright then degeneracy or jewery it is, you are free to choose. Alternatively, suffer through eureka for no real gain.

What I meant was that both lines were shit

*gets stack marker*

>Farming normal Alphascape since I'm bored and want easy glams
At least that was my thought process but it seems I was in error. Tanks not holding aggro, bosses wandering the field of battle all over the place. I wish I had done this when decent players were still subbed.

Attached: 1531101751356.gif (264x240, 2.37M)

Do collectibles for gatherer EXP

How do I find a raid group, Yea Forums?
I started playing casually half a year ago and want to go hardcore in the expansion, but nobody is really recruiting right now from what I can tell, especially not people that only cleared a portion of Savage and don't have Ultimate clears.
I feel really stuck and am losing more and more hope by the day, at this point I might not even play Shadowbringers if I don't find a group.

Does anyone have advice?

Attached: crystal-tower.jpg (700x374, 67K)

>not farming as a tank
>caring about the version you can't even dye
>tfw can't raid so I will never get the dyable healing/casting/striking set

Attached: 1525765338304.jpg (910x1024, 163K)

twitch.tv/imthedevol Come check my stream out fucking faggotss

I want to get the music but the queues are so long.

>North Silvertear
>they were originally planning on keeping the southern half
Where the fuck is it Yoshi?

Just do it unsynced at lv80.

Welp, i know that feel

What if you like the default colors?

????????

Varis is intelligent enough that his outburst seems like an attempt to cry for help on the issue without giving himself away, he pretty much laid out the full Ascian plan and then stated "his" plan which was "do everything the Ascians want, then attempt to backstab them at the absolute last possible second for grorious humanity".

youtube.com/watch?v=iuPZ-d9jKaE

thoughts?

Nobody is recruiting right now because it's pre-expansion. Find a group after ShB launches and everyone is hyping up for the new tier.

Every fucking time I play black mage.

ebin reddit humor my dude

Awful fucking voice and general unfunniness/10

>don't move
>meleecucks actually run to you

Attached: 1549171104259.gif (245x200, 497K)

Why are you trying to find a group with less than 2 months of the expansion left? Raiding is dead right now because everyone has already gotten their clears and done their farming. Of course anyone that's still recruiting now would have expectations for you to have already gotten your clears done, because why wouldn't you have? Just wait until Shadowbringers comes out and people start forming fresh groups again.

two replies assmad about how it's not funny, probably war mains

>mfw never stack when others have marker

Attached: 1556370991315.jpg (298x363, 49K)

i just got mimesis lux yesterday.
i love it.
how much you think their gonna shit the summoner rotation and skills in the next expansion ?

At least it was before I fucked everything up.

Attached: 59F05D7F-9E34-44A0-9E89-21F740DADC3F.png (402x516, 180K)

Hard telling, Blufever claims there's a Phoenix-egi or Demi-Phoenix on the roster for 5.0. 4.X's SMN storyline also wouldn't stop teasing an Arcanist mechanical staff as a summoning medium.

>7th Garo Set acquired
Just 48k more wolf marks to go...

Attached: 1367753134949.jpg (519x384, 173K)

>4.X's SMN storyline also wouldn't stop teasing an Arcanist mechanical staff as a summoning medium.
They're not going to go redo all their weapons

> 4.X's SMN storyline also wouldn't stop teasing an Arcanist mechanical staff as a summoning medium.
really?
i skipped all the cutscenes

Whats the most roman looking PLD weapons? I need something to go with the pvp set.

Attached: 12379723843.jpg (1680x1050, 693K)

Says who, there's almost always a "they'll never do this" in these threads and then the maddevelopers actually do it.

Attached: 1554273101112.png (512x480, 8K)

>tfw just started my third

Attached: log me out.png (306x162, 45K)

Early GLD/PLD levels have scutum tower-shields and aspis round-shields, and same goes for spatha/gladius short-swords

Wait, do you need all the sets for the mounts?

That's too much work and it would mean previous relics are out the window. If anything they might start moving into Allagan iPad type books but there's really no need for that unless we move into summoning egis of entities that aren't primals.

>start playing DRK
>get to level 45
>see what the class quest skill does and how it works
>stop playing DRK

The whole start of the game is littered with Spathas

Fuck you for reminding me that they didn't do weapons for the second SB PvP set.

No, all you need to progress the mount achievements is one of the titles, which you can get with one set. But the gear is going away too and I am compelled to get it all before it does.

Not getting a wider variety of tower shields is one of my biggest disappointments with this game

Where did you find these applications?

no, just for the titles
odds are by the tile you get all the mounts you'll have earned enough marks for all the gear so no reason not to get them all

My only disappointment has been the House Fortemps kite-shield is not actually a kite-shield.

Shut the fuck up Elidibus. Even Lahabreah was sick of your shit and he was a complete moron.

Where do you get it?

Dark Arts is the only thing that makes Dark Knight interesting, but it also means you have to fucking double weave as a tank as a matter of course within even your most basic rotations.

Because I want to get to know the people in my group and then head into Shadowbringers together.
It'd be dumb to only start looking for groups after the content is already out imo, now should be the best time

whats the jobs that go well with viera?

Dancer and Bard only
Everything else is dumb

There will be a month between ShB launch and the release of Eden savage.

Viera had light-physical jobs and magical jobs in Tactics Advance/A2, look at Red Mage, Summoner, Ninja, White Mage, potentially Samurai since there's no Spellblade equivalent, Dancer

cheevos
there's a unarmored version from HW and armored from SB
Tank You (Pld/Drk/War) and Tankless Job (Pld/Drk/War)

They aren't that great but its just nice to have if you're dedicated to tanking

Attached: pld tank mount suffering.png (707x253, 206K)

Im with you user I want to find a comfy group to start raiding with and get some experience, but i guess its a pug life for me.

MCH and GBR for GunBun

does the caster shit look ok on dudes? I only see girls using it for the skirt and jacket look

>not RDM

What a faggot

Caster gear generally looks fine on dudes.

The best ones are Summoner and Red Mage because those are Viera-exclusive jobs in FFTA.
White Mage, Ninja and Bard are also acceptable since those are also jobs they could be, or similar to jobs they could be.
Black Mage and Dancer are kind of okay.

Everything else is a no-go.

Males and females have separate Garo sets for caster, healer, ranged, and mnk/sam.

BFA and Classic are going to be better than Shadowbringers.
Nice dead game.

>patch 4.58 on Monday night

I completely fucking forgot about that, what's it gonna have lads? Obviously not actual content.

I thought Nu Mou could be Summoners also

Probably thinking of Illusionist because they had those big magic attacks that hit the whole screen

>Nice dead game
>game is seeing nothing but growth
>his game is literally dying
I know this is ironic bait but still, some blizzdrones truly believe this.

>>his game is literally dying
not him or a wowfag but wow ain't gonna die until all the faggots that play it die from old age and diabeetus
hopefully soon. But, it still has multiple times the amount of players xiv does sadly

What are some easy ways to make gil? Need money for this zodiac weapon.

Attached: 1371027327882.jpg (610x423, 107K)

from what I hear (from wow threads) retail certainly is dying, not that theres any way to prove it anyway outside of some supposed leak. oh course classic is gonna sum those numbers back up so whatever.

Made my millions selling royal ferns I grow
Certain materia should still be profitable as well
if you're leveling crafters, once you hit 55 you can use the red scripts to buy and sell lower tier crafting materia

They lost a good bit of people but the zombie monster that is the majority of players still chug along because they have too much time and money invested
Not that I can say much, but still.

challenge log provides a meager sum. normally you could sell tomestone mats but they are not moving at all now that it's the end of expac. Materia always sells well because, as you know, zodiac weapons still need them. Demimateria will always sell well too.

I'm not too far away and only play three months a year.
Not too bad really if you just do leveling, 50/60, expert and 70 roulettes as often as you can. Plus the mount looks kind of ugly honestly

Attached: tankyoupala.png (438x250, 67K)

>my millions
>millions
Could you help a fellow primal player out?

Attached: 1376712042331.gif (251x249, 27K)

>spoiler
yeah I know
I like the battle bear more but I'll probably just stick with the bomb palanquin or chocobo. Its more of a status thing for me
Now to get started on drk's then I'll be done.
I want to know what they're gonna give GUN tho, and if we get new mounts for other tanks, what will they be. Spectral? Mecha? "Dark" versions?

Thread's dead as shit so time to rile you faggots up.

How's my edgelord glam

Attached: ffxiv_01212019_022812_286.png (1920x1080, 2.19M)

I kinda doubt they will add a 3rd tank mount since it takes quite a long time just to progress the current 2. But I think there will definitely be at least 1 gunbreaker mount.

cool and cute

You're on primal, aren't you?

where's this child's parents?

You probably saw me in some Feast matches earlier, yes

I still don't see how people can call these shapeless blobs "pedobait". THIS is pedobait.

Attached: i play it for the minigames.webm (746x420, 2.96M)

you'd better have an anemos abyss helmet dyed red to go with it

He's all I can think about

Attached: 020.png (480x700, 512K)

Same.
Give me the benchmark already Yoshi.

So I’m a little confused here. Are these XIV threads actually for game discussion? The /vg/ threads are full of the same 10 autistic incel retards just posting porn of their favorite characters and RPing.

Attached: 532CCEB5-5C2D-4079-B4BF-C123A90845FF.jpg (540x540, 60K)

I'm surprised Yoshi is surprised people want to play adult men and not Thai pleasure house boys.

Go to bed Nael

i got stuck on nael in vanilla time, forget about it and just a couple of days remeber about coil. so many years and never finished

You can have discussion just fine on /xivg/ if you actually try, but if there's nothing going on (or even if there is) they're going to avatarfag nonstop.

yes Yea Forums is for the normal discussion

ye

It means we're getting Jenova

I would if I were on primal desu, provided you didn't need a crazy amount
I'm only saving up for a large mansion in Ishgard when it happens and I have a little surplus I normally spend on glam and FC mates

I mainly come to these threads to shit on people being pessimistic to the point of actively looking for reasons to not get excited about 5.0.

Attached: 1544825107635.png (553x208, 266K)

What is the best chocobo barding?
Trick question. No barding is best.

Attached: Company_Chocobo_Patch.png (256x256, 102K)

Me too, I loved Stormblood and see no reasons Shadowbringers won't be at least as good as it.

Either no barding, your Grand Company's full-plate barding, or Red Mage barding

>sexually mature woman
>pedobait
Calm down Australia.

>no heels except on viera racial armor
>graphics still bad
>zones still tiny with loading screens between them
>they won't do anything with underwater stuff
>no heels
>no blitzball
>hrothgar exist (don't even care about male rabbits, just don't give us this furshit)
>no heels
>no better feet models in general
>no extra char creation options

Attached: dancer heelless.png (724x540, 655K)

legacy

Attached: legacy bird and tat.png (1027x597, 1.44M)

No barding, but wearing the flyer's shaffron!

That heaven on high?

It's coming in a future Shadowbringersd patch.

Expanse Barding on a White Chocobo

use mods for feet and heels

Yes. That was the floor 70 boss of heaven on high.

>no heels except on viera racial armor
Don't care
>graphics still bad
They really aren't
>zones still tiny with loading screens between them
Zones have gotten exponentially bigger since ARR due to flying mounts, go around on-foot if you want the place to feel massive oh wait you'll be bored because you're not zooming to where you want to go
>they won't do anything with underwater stuff
Swimming/diving was criminally underused but I would imagine they'll do more with it with 5.X
>no blitzball
How well do you think something like blitzball will go with XIV's latency and server-tick issues? I want it too
>muh furshit
Too bad, ronso are legacy. Final Fantasy X was almost 20 years ago
>no better feet models in general
Footfag get ye gone
>no extra char creation options
I would like an expansion on character-creation, even just more sliders for existing face options and sliders for body-type

>unironic footfag

Attached: 1546322598147 (2019_02_10 10_36_20 UTC).gif (320x240, 3.85M)

>tfw owerworked, underpaid Japanese devs even do extra work in their free time to make glasses/masks/etc compatible with new races

Let's be honest, how likely is it this is just pure deceptive marketing to make us think we're getting more when we're still getting less?

Attached: 125a97bf5cce0efe6804c2b0df85ba70af3b71fd_0.png (600x492, 438K)

Is rdm still the only class that can solo deep dungeon and hoh?

Not particularly likely to be deceptive marketing, Yoshida is GM of a bigass developmental division of Square Enix now and Soken is known to have given up his Golden Week vacation to pump out more music.

I'd say there's a 70% chance it's Yoshida doing a little PR work

Sympathy marketing.

Make us feel bad for the poor Dev team to promote their lazy design processes.

Red mage is most optimal many would say. However, in recent times, two Bards have cleared 100 solo. Kiting helps immensely since most mobs stop after they auto.

>tfw been walking around in slutty bimbo heels all week
goddammit I can't stop getting a boner

>lazy
there's that word again

Attached: 1552585264259.jpg (1280x720, 155K)

>Too bad, ronso are legacy.
still don't need to make them playable, they are beastmen ffs. Just let them be a beast tribe.
I would've prefered the fat miqotes ffs
>Final Fantasy X was almost 20 years ago
shut the fuck up AAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH
>imagine they'll do more with it in 5.x
doubtful
They didn't do anything extra with flying, why would they for swimming. We probably won't ever be able to dive off the docks in limsa and explore the waters either
Fuck yoshi

any way you slice it the dev team that handles these kind of things aren't very clever or competent, but i'm glad it's some headpieces rather than no head pieces

Footfags are the worst. Even normies agree.

How the FUCK did Yoshida get away with literally naming the expansion SHADOWNIGGERS?

Attached: SHADOWNIGGERS.png (2338x1318, 1.29M)

We have to bring the hood to the First

It was a different time

Crystal Tower... home...
At least it was before G'raha Tia fucked everything up.

>farewell Peter, and please keep all disgusting ala mhiggers out of Tamamizu
Jesus christ Raimi

Attached: file.png (1226x752, 1.6M)

He hired Raimi a while back

Attached: 1546848898618.jpg (1920x1002, 187K)

I have been but its just not the same knowing everyone is walking around with pic related

Attached: vanilla xiv feet models.jpg (640x400, 38K)

BLACKED

Attached: mini-filia.png (1157x968, 780K)

I can't wait to find out what the job changes are going to be like, I really enjoyed the shitposting in the run-up to SB

Attached: 1553047771778.png (680x907, 1.17M)

You know, I'm something of an Echo user myself.

Attached: ffxiv_06222017_132503.png (1920x1080, 2.1M)

Shut up jobber

why does everything have this deep fried look to it
is my gpu dying or something

Attached: ffxiv textures 3.png (1196x339, 1024K)

Garleans are unironically filler villains like Shinra, Galbadia, and practically every other MUH EMPIRE in the history of Final Fantasy etc.

I don't think that's supposed to look like that

turn off parallax occlusion if you don't like the effect

they kinda just tossed the feature in with heavensward. some textures actually look amazing with it (anyx trine aetheryte), but on most it looks terrible

>looks directly at the camera.
>"The mhiggers, the lalas, the cats...It's our responsibility to civilize them. And if we can't? Then they shall dangle from the Sephirot tree. The Day of the Rope is near, WoL. We'll have every mhigger in this country dead or in chains in 10 years, and may Hydaelyn have me shot in a carjacking this very night if I'm wrong. Halone bless the Garlemald Imperial Legion."

Attached: 1556763081810.jpg (500x362, 23K)

oh fuck I can actually fix it
thanks

>the ONE class you didn't level gets buffed to the moon
>all your mains nerfed to oblivion

Attached: 1556442410110.png (476x521, 298K)

Retail has been "certainly dying" since wotlk if not sooner, still not dead.
Until next truly big mmo comes around it wont die and ffxiv aint one, just another copycat trying to imitate success by using same formula with minor improvements. Not enough to tap into new audience, barely enough to tap into some of wow's.

>Not getting all the classes to 70.

I'm getting pretty close though I need to finish that and beast tribes.

Attached: 1552921798444.png (354x435, 74K)

Nothing is going to happen. SHB will start with us heading to the Greatwood for one reason or another where we'll get our shit kicked in by the Empire (just like we did at Rhalgr's Reach) Some important characters (Like Y'shtola in SB) will be temporarily knocked out or put out of commission for the rest of the 5.0 quest series.

It is at this point that we finally travel to the First, (Far East) and begin questing in the new zones (which are just AU ARR zones that have a piss filter and piss clouds on them) where we help the people with their problems. At around level 78 we'll come back home with the new allies we've made, which will help us fight the Empire in the last zone until we push into the city itself.

The entire leveling process will go as follows:

>Level 70-71: Greatwood
>Level 72-78: AU versions of Mor Dhona, La Noscea, Thanalan and Coerthas
>Level 79: Garlemald Outskirts
>Level 80: Garlemald Capital City as a story dungeon.

The problem is that nothing about SHB's story looks good. It's the FFXIV version of Warlords of Draenor and the fact they couldn't even end 4.56 on a cliffhanger shows just how uninteresting it is going to be. All the signs point to a lazy and unsatisfying story and a repeat of Stormblood so please look forward to it.

Attached: 2019-05-06.png (1080x1080, 1.5M)

What about crafters and gatherers though?

Well if ya love wow so much why are you in this thread, OUTSIDER?!

>BRD,WHM unfinished
based
>MNK, RDM
not based

New player here. I just rolled an Au Ra (Xaela) Thaumaturge on Kujata.
Anything I should know as I begin?

I've been advised by a friend to register the software token application thingy for a free teleport, and he gave some convoluted instructions about using it and a ferry in the pirate city for when the game asks me to visit the Walking Sand or somesuch place, but other that I don't know what the hell I'm doing.

Attached: 1557581369701.jpg (800x960, 273K)

I could care less about crafting. But I did just start Miner today. Mainly so my Raid buddy's will stop complaining about crafted gear at the start of the expac.
I actually just finished MNK today.
SAM is better and more fun and I would actually raid with it if I wasn't the resident OT cuck.

Attached: 1543241719021.png (356x381, 49K)

>not botting your crafts so you can self-repair inside instances
Would never raid with, 0/10.

Read your tooltips of skills.
Read tutorials.
Follow the main story quests and do blue marker quests when you see them.

Greatwood has a First Shard style aetheryte.

1.X should burn in a fire

>Implying 100% durability wont last a full lockout.
Come on user you can try harder then that.

Attached: 1530110103959.png (880x720, 454K)

1.X had no good ideas

The server "ticks" every 3 seconds. Almost everything that says "heal/damage over time" including natural MP, HP, and TP regen happens when the server ticks. What that means is you want to apply your damage over time effects before they fall off but only when they have less than 3 seconds on their timer. Other than that just read your tooltips and you'll be better than 95% of this game's playerbase.

Just play through the story at your leisure for now.
Experiment a bit with your keybinds and UI if you don't play many MMOs and don't have anything you are used to just yet.
There's not much to really keep in mind, the game does a good job guiding you along.

The quests with a blue + sign on them all unlock game content and features, you should do them as you come across them, one that's particularly important is the Challenge Log one from Limsa Lominsa (pirate city), make sure you do that one when the story takes you there. It gives you a crapton of extra exp for things you are already doing anyways like dungeon runs.

Yet crazy how better it is than SB

Switch to legacy movement controls before you do anything

Only by the metric that less happened in it
>Stormblood
>Doma and the Mhiggers are liberated
>Heavensward
>Ishgard is liberated
Literally the same shit you just had it happen twice in Stormblood (much to the detriment of the story)

Faggot there is numerous documentaries about it

And how often have you forgotten about repairing and had to leave the instance?
When I recruited for my current raid team I just auto-denied everyone without 60 in all their crafts so they could self-repair, you can only suffer through dumbfucks realizing their gear is broken after you already killed the door boss on a final fight so many times before losing your shit.

It's fucking Larryzaur his opinion and humor to shit is just trash.

>not dunking on your raid group by repairing your gear during Temporal Stasis

The first thing my raid leader does before going into an instance is telling everyone to repair. If you truly have that much of a problem then good on you but that sounds like an autistic way to deny a possible good player a spot.
Maybe I would level crafters if I could overmeld in an instance.

Fucking beast races have been in every fucking MMO including Everquest. It's about time we stopped playing with faggots like you that want more trannies running around.

Hrothgar is a great change of pace and style for this game. Hell, I wish we could get a wolf type race, another small, race and lastly for a final FFXIV race something that it completely unique to the game a staple.

There are a lot of MMO's that have original interesting races and stand out as defining each game.

WoW has Draenei, Guild Wars have the Sylvari, Pantheon has like 4 different races that have never been implemented in an MMO etc.

Fuck your heels and faggotry you are the reason why this community is shit.

The repair thing is a big enough issue they should probably just add an auto-repair function that costs more than going to a repairman NPC.

Utter retard tranny

Nobody thinks of Draenei as the defining race of World of Warcraft.

They could just let you request repairs from a party member.

Or that, but that sounds like more effort.

I do miss the convenience of being able to repair my own shit but I'm also not prepared to sink in the amount of time and Gil it'd require to level my crafters from 50 to 70.

name a worse feeling

Attached: contagion.png (526x525, 209K)

uuuuuuuuhm, fairy race when??? guys???

I havent played wow for years, just was baited by a cool castle, was disappointed to find that it belongs in another shitty cashcow.

They are a unique race for the game. Tell me where the fuck Draenei have been used to be a playable race? or been implemented similarly in other games? You can't because they're unique to WoW.

lalas are forced to pay 40%

>Doing MSQ get to Doma Castle get 3 commendations as Black Mage.
Felt great especially when the AST gave me all the balances, spears, and arrows.

Attached: 1535344909939.jpg (1100x685, 111K)

What's your protocol for refreshing Astral fire?
I'm leveling BLM from where I left it at 60, and I find I keep dropping Astral.

the fact that summoner is just a shitty dot class

I usually do 3 fire 3 then you should have enough time to do fire and keep up Astral Fire. Unless you have to dodge a mechanic then I'd swiftcast fire.

We're breaking the conditioning

It'll make Ishgard housing and being an Elezen even better.

Attached: ffxiv_07102015_001744.png (1920x1080, 1.2M)

Im ready to make more memes like that baby of mine

You throw in a fire every three fire IVs. Sooner if you had to move and astral fire is about to fall off. Say, three seconds left on the timer just to be safe.

Okay so after every 3x Fire IVs. That makes sense, I think I've been pushing my luck with 4x.
Thanks.

Three Fire IVs then a fire. If you have Ley Lines up, good ping, AND are 100% certain that you won't need to move at all in the next 10 or so seconds, you can fit a 4th Fire IV in. Also if you have triplecast with leylines you can get away with 4 Fire IVs

Righto, that sums it up well.
Thanks again.

Attached: D46LmJoU8AE84Cw.jpg orig.jpg (828x1148, 112K)

who /comfy/ here?

Attached: 1550317608251.gif (128x119, 17K)

You know it.

Attached: pocketblmtransparent.png (630x630, 115K)

>Leveling BLM after ignoring it forever
>get leylines
>Every boss wants me to move

Attached: 1493525723460.gif (300x254, 590K)

based blm bros, fuck AOEs I'm gonna shield myself and pop surecast

This, we don't need healer, shields for days

Every class has something like this that fucks them over.
Mnks want dat sweet positionals.
Smns dont want to dubbletap aetherflow.
Drgs must stay alive for more than 2 sec.
and poor poor blms must move around.

Bofa

MNK not only needs positionals but also needs the boss to stand still and not target the monk for 1/3 of the fight minimum and to never move out of melee range or else your entire rotation gets fucked in the ass
playing MNK is suffering

So you want easy mode for every job?

Iunno, man. We have one shield cooldown, and it can handle maybe one or two attacks. That's not really shields for days.

>started another Zodiac weapon

Attached: 1553574914217m.jpg (1024x999, 61K)

Gods no, I just pointed out that every class gets fucked by something. Learning to keep your dps up as a moving blm is part of the fun.

That's why you have fucking true north jesus christ you people dont even know how to play your jobs

A daring synthesis

Okay that sovles the positionals problem for not even the full length of monk's burst. You still have all the other problems you stupid fucking retard.

>Smns dont want to dubbletap aetherflow.
This is the worst feeling ever in a EX run, having to use aetherflow twice on a single pack because your blm co-dps is bussy casting Blizzard 3 and Fire 3 is the worst shit ever.

>Use a foot and heel mod
>wear glam to show off my sexy feet
>remember that everyone sees pic related
Why are we here? Just to suffer?

I leveled a NIN and I'm looking at the opener and rotations, is there a reason why fuma shuriken is used instead of raiton when trick attack is on cooldown?

>and teamed up with you to try and stop Nael.
He never teamed up. He just let you live on a couple occasions where he could have finished you off, since he knew you had the means of thwarting her plans.

Attached: gaiusing.jpg (965x558, 113K)

Raiton clips your GCD.

>hey guys lets build a castle with just ONE BRIDGE leading towards it that's also VERY VERY LONG

yeah, great idea.

you lose more DPS clipping you GCD than you would gain back by using Raiton
its only worth using Raiton if the boss is untargetable and you don't need to trick

I tell myself Yojimbo because of how many fucking runs it took to roll well but probably Legacy.

Ishgard proves that SE are truly capable to fully realise the true Final Fantasy feel, and if a miracle happened they may one day create another true Final Fantasy game that would look like this:
m.youtube.com/watch?v=rz5aKxqOYwY
m.youtube.com/watch?v=_aJHEYuWotk
m.youtube.com/watch?v=x-0hR105iPk

What other fucking problems you fucking casual? Doing your proper rotation for your 3 hit combo to unleash tornado kick? Doing your debuff combo with or without positioning? What other fucking problems faggot? No utility? Yet, you have brotherhood?

Stop being a fucking retard when you didnt even know True North exists

Raiton clips your gcd and also doesn't benefit from either slashing vuln or your physical damage up trait.

Fuma is buffed by Slashing and traits while Raiton is magic so potency difference is below 50, but Raiton inevitably clips your GCD because it takes three buttons to press which in the end results in an overall loss. It's not that it's unusable, you should probably raiton if SMN put a contagion on, raiton with kassatsu and raiton if you're disengaged from the enemy, but in a natural rotation fuma is better.

Shoulda played the original game, bro.

Attached: legacy.jpg (122x116, 5K)

Read my post again you illiterate nigger, and then while you're at it stop being a fucking moron who doesn't even know the duration of the skill you keep screeching autistically about.

Fuma is always better unless you're not in melee range.

>Get hit more than once
Come on man, drift more

>always think foot fetishists were weird
>somehow gain foot fetish
>mfw playing this game unmodded
why are the models so fucking bad its inexcusable, they look like fucking play doh blobs

Attached: 385923862447259649.png (112x112, 20K)

Why don't you just install mods?

>10 gorillion polygons

>Footfag glams to show off
>Footfag so retarded he forgets only he can see his modded feet

Checks out bud.

oh no, i have mods, but occasionally have to disable them because sometimes mods cause crashes in ultimates
its still fucking inexcusable

Attached: 1419047806620.jpg (125x128, 9K)

Then again true patrician footfags will also have modded feet so it works out in a sense.

People have complains for each job but dont realize that there are GCD's to prevent such hurdles.

BLM-My leylines! Use fucking between the lines

MNK- My positionals! Use fucking true north

Stop being fucking faggots

>kassatsu and raiton
Thanks for reminding me.
Fuck nins that before a boss do the speed spell then instead of using hide for a reset drops kassatsu and chucks a raiton on the boss.
I
AM
IRKED

It's 90% all in the detailed normal maps. The polygon count isn't that different on the model compared to ARR.

Attached: Fencer.jpg (524x638, 95K)

Between the lines won't make the aoe puddle sitting on my ley lines go away.

Attached: lavalines.png (393x241, 250K)

I'm still new to Ninja but I do Huton, then hide for reset, Death Blossom to unhide then I set up Suiton for Trick Attack while the pull happens. It's probably not ideal but it works for general DF stuff I figure since most players unload everything in the first seconds.

Legit question.
Why cant people use shit like diversion, mana shift and surecast?
Every single time I see some idiot healer get knocked off a platform I die a bit inside.

Just remember to cast shadwalk and you are better than 99% of the nins I have ever had in DF.

Because people is absolute trash

90% of ARR's playerbase is bad at the game. Just have to get used to people making avoidable shit occur.

>diversion
No idea. It's really not hard to use it. I guess people forget.
>mana shift
Unless it's a BLM casters don't really wanna give up their mp for someone else, but even so a BLM has to be between mp ticks in umbral ice for it to be free mp. Also people forget about that one too.
>surecast
Has been shit for the longest time, only recently made useful. Those who even remember it exists might not know that it actually prevents movement.

Generally don't count on anyone using role actions other than their most essential ones.

>discovered I've been doing TK wrong this whole time
On the bright side, my DPS can only increase

This is also why you should never ever EVER look at a parser log from a DF party.
That shit is like staring right down into the abyss.

>>mana shift
>Unless it's a BLM casters don't really wanna give up their mp for someone else
SMN/RDM definitely want to Mana Shift the BRD if they're using Foes.

When I was new I asked my friend if he ever parsed DF stuff and he reacted like I was insane. Now I know why.

>>mana shift
>Unless it's a BLM casters don't really wanna give up their mp for someone else
As a SMN I mana shift all the time, between aetherflow and lucid I am mana stable even when I throw mana around.

It can be bad at times....

Attached: -4Sanity.png (860x627, 54K)

>Be monk
>Tank has boss ass against a wall, edge for falling, AOE
Monk skill where you pick up the tank and throw them in a cage you place down so they cant move WHEN

Attached: 1480835154314.png (300x193, 227K)

Holy shit

Attached: bugsbubby.jpg (998x974, 108K)

>casted thunder more than any spell
>3 auto attacks
BLM main and I'm finding this more hilarious than upsetting.

>>casted thunder more than any spell
Not really, aoe spells counts as a separate swing for every mob they hit. And do note that is for the entire fucking dung.
The melee swings tho are fun.

I mana shift all the time as BLM. Yes it's a clip in gcd but the loss is always worth it if your healers are in need of MP.

Attached: 1545744973474.jpg (640x853, 63K)

It's thunder III, it's single target.

1300 in fucking "80% of the instance is 14k AOE pulls" ghimlyt. Jesus Christ.

>aoe spells
Thunder III is single target, user.

Fug man, your right. Dont play blm that much so I mix em up. But that dose turn it into hilarious territory

What do I use for AoE rotation when im a level 63 BLM, still leveling

If there's 4+ targets just spam Fire II.

You cast a fire II if there's more than like 5 mobs, otherwise you just spam flare

>tfw most classes in 5.0 will get MNK-style rotations that force you to abide by a general rotations that locks off the previous skill in that current stance, you can't multi-Fire3/Bliz3
>tfw tanks will also lose both stances, and instead get their tank stance 'free' through traits, to make it easier on healers

Are there any others I should have? these two seem to cover everything.

Attached: Capture.png (163x152, 52K)

you need to be able to to Suiton and Doton mid-fight. Huton is irrelevant unless you fuck up majorly

What's this even for? Is it really that hard to position them in Ten Chi Jin order and remember that forward is suiton, backwards is huton and middle is doton?

>Needing to place the order for each one you use
The two final braincells of NIN mains

Thanks
For the question
>can't even understand it was for a question
So what class do you play brainlet? RDM?

BLM aoe rotation is the same from 50 until 68. Fire II until you're almost out of mp, then flare.
Once you hit 68 you unlock the trait that lets you use two flares if you have umbral hearts, so you go into astral fire 3 and immediately hit that flare twice, throw in a convert and a third flare if you can. You're safe to ignore fire II from then on. Throw in thunder II/IV before going into astral fire from umbral ice too, and hit that thundercloud proc whenever you feel like it. Some people like to sharpcast thunder too.

this makes me wonder if there's a nin out there that has every possible combo in a ridiculously slow macro

Name a better ninja chest than the skalla one. Protip: you cant!

That would be the majority of NINs

You know, if we were allowed to use fractionals in our command, I'd probably macro Tenchijin.

>Mass pull is taking long
>Notice monk isnt using his AoE skills
>Tell him to use AoE
>"Monk has bad AoE"

Attached: 1497486415274.jpg (500x375, 35K)

Astera.... Home........

Attached: 2018_01_24_17.02.13_Screenshot.1516838667.jpg (1200x800, 196K)

But that's correct

>literally the only weaponskill monk has that doesn't have its potency lowered to compensate for GL
>highest burst AOE in the game along with BLM
>>>>>>>bad AOE

No it's not you fucking retard

>It's a Healer or Bard sitting at full MP/Melee or Tank sitting at full TP episode

That is decidedly incorrect.

tfw the premade fails to ready up

Attached: ffxiv_09052019_125449_646~.jpg (364x196, 29K)

>build up 2 stack
>perfect balance, riddle of fire and Rockbreaker spam
You just shit damage, I'm not sure how monks got the rep of having bad aoe.

Whatever they want.

You should have 3 stacks going into a pull unless your tank is pussy pulling.

I hope you're not on my data center

>Ishgard bridge in 1.0: Series of pillars connected by narrow bridge partitions with changing heights
>Ishgard bridge in 2.0: Series of pillars connected by narrow bridge partitions with changing heights
>Ishgard bridge in 2.5: One long wide straight bridge

Attached: RIP.webm (670x384, 2.87M)

Fucked up I tell ya. Rockbreaker is great and is worth more than Snap Punch on TWO enemies. Three enemies is just enough to put it above Demolish. Plus Steel Peak, Elixir Field...
How many is it to make Arm of the Destroyer ever worth using anyway? Or is just Dragon Kicking what you can for Rockbreaker to deal more damage a better use pretty much 100% of the time?

I used to be the cause of two premades in PVP failing to ready up back in the day of no withdraw penalty.

Arm is only "worth" at 7 but you shouldn't use it anyway

Kind of a retarded place to build a city, desu.

>GL3 about to drop off
>Im ready to refresh it so pull the next pack dammit
>ITS 3 SECONDS LEFT PULL THE PACK
>PULL PULL NOW
>GL3 goes away
>Tank pulls

Attached: 1518668491922.png (779x780, 482K)

It's fine. Don't mind the logistics of any earthquake that would cause its 2,000ft tall foundation to crumble.

do you just do potd and hoh all day

The worst part about playing monk is tanks waiting for shit, your sitting there mash form shift and charka all the time and the tank just sits around as gl3 falls off.
Depressing stuff. I wish they gave you a 5 stacks of charka out of combat button

The worst is actually when you're on anything but Monk tanks seem to pull constantly and with no waiting. Where are they when I'm on Monk goddamnit?

>Sam
>better then monk
No fucking way, blm does anything you could ever dream of doing and monk gameplay is way better on top of buffs.
Sam is so shitty honestly.

Limsa Lominsa isn't stable either then
I don't know about him but dungeon grinding actually gives comparable/better (I forgot, and don't know about hoh) xp rates, problem is getting people to do that shit with you

>GL3 about to fall off
>Ready to refresh it
>Run up to the enemy and hit Demolish
>*That action isn't ready yet*
>Couerl Form fell off
Forms should last 16 seconds, fuck this shit

>tfw I shoulder tackle and pull the pack to refresh my GL3
CLEAN IT UP TANKIE

Sam is fun to play, even if it doesn't fit in the meta.

this shits a problem for any class that has upkeep that needs enemies to do, blood of the dragon isn't quiet as painful but it still irritates me to see the tank pull a milisecond after it runs out.

>t.mnklet

SAM is way better gameplay-wise than monk.

>Limsa Lominsa isn't stable either then
I think we can all agree that Idyllshire is probably the dumbest location to have ever attempted to build a city. Look at that fucking foundation!

Attached: 474a87d2827b101630900b2699fed18a.png (1920x1080, 2.26M)

t. shitter

Probably made out of the same stuff as the floating islands.

You can't convince me that way, your off the gcds are not nearly as cool, and the mechanics for getting the dot and ice slash are even more braindead then monk.

Not even more engaging that pre-4.3 MNK rotation. With Tornado Kick it's no contest, only DPS that comes close to MNK gameplay is NIN

>Living on the edge everyday
based

>when your friends send this to you because they unnironically think this is funny

Attached: 1490415881041.gif (400x335, 135K)

>less than two weeks until new job actions trailer and AF preview
I just wanna see what new toys we get.

Attached: 1444139960019.png (373x459, 143K)

>pld in o10 gets stack marker
>runs away from the party and pops HG like a badass

Hopefully Fire V (Agidyne) or Foul 2.
AF suck dick this time

Don't remind me I actually can't wait
I have no classes until september and dont work more than twice a week
I'm in full degen mode until it drops

Attached: buty.gif (440x300, 1001K)

>healer gets knockdown marker in O9
>runs off the arena

Attached: 1464678287834.png (217x283, 123K)

>Monk AOE: Punch a shockwave infront of you, destroy the very earth, literal kamehameha
>SAM AOE: lol i spin weeeee and gay slash infront of me 10000 folded steel sword btw
SAM is boring and a snore

Shut the fuck up. I have posted numerous times there when there wasn't a thread on Yea Forums. Only to be utterly ignored, meanwhile if you post your "toon" people will lose their minds.
The icing on the cake is when someone actually replies to my post only to point out it doesn't get any replies while said shit above does.
Fuck you.

Attached: 1520963311274.png (381x381, 172K)

>some retarded DPS still chases them to the ends of the earth and gets nuked anyway

>odin weather
>everyone's asleep
heck

Was Nidhogg the first one with Akh Morn stack marker in story stuff? It's the only encounter where I get bunch of people who run out of stack marker after the first blast.

>MUH RIDDLES
>MUH TACKLES
>Lemme just go slow for a bit....
>Literally does less damage with less utility
>Absolutely ugly as fuck weapons
>Only raid viable because of mantra and brotherhood for prog, literally requires NIN's to be absolutely terrible to even consider bringing a MNK.

You guys are fucking sad.

>mfw guilty of this
i just want to help...

Attached: 1557317399657.jpg (853x552, 73K)

>editing out Flare and Foul

Yes. Nidhogg is the first MSQ fight that uses the stack marker. First fight to use the stack marker in general was Sephirot.

>SAM main has no idea how the game works and thinks his job will ever not be cucked in spite of literally only one fight in the entire game having SAM as an optimal choice and it's a fucking door boss

>Sam gets mad at monk but can't defend his own shit class
Like clockwork.

>less utility
>lists Mantra and Brotherhood anyways
SAM has NO utility besides damage which 99% of SAM I've encountered on Primal cant even outdps my average MNK which falls into blue/purple territory for savage fights. Not to mention MNK has Emperor's New Fists, the best weapon glam in the game while SAM has brittle weeb katanaz that break from Rhalgar so much as breathing in their general direction

he also doesn't even know it's meta right now lmao. In fact the onlly job that isn't right now is SAM, monk and black mage both have places in many speedkills

>Meta
>Literal end of the expansion

Pathetic.

It's been meta for speedkills since sigma, you fucking retard.

Just let him be, he never had a arguement and is now only pretending for you's