I admit it

I admit it.
Mordhau is fun.

Attached: fuck THIS guy in particular.webm (768x432, 2.79M)

Other urls found in this thread:

dropbox.com/sh/c32hofsvl8kmugk/AAAqaFfHXsddT_4uiPlqGaNka
youtube.com/watch?v=p3RUhbVfhjA
youtube.com/watch?v=94jW3CnEWcc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

why are the colors changing from cold to warm

got close to the firebomb on the ground

Wtf is that attack animation?

>everyone is using some variant of a 2 handed beatstick build
>make a zweihander build to try it out
>get highest score I've ever gotten in a match just by stupidly swinging the thing around and hitting my teammates about one time in four
Fuck everyone who complains about shields or rapiers.

>have roman legionary
>feel unique cause don't see other people with one
>join a deathmatch server
>4 legionaries flood in and start kicking ass
>switch to mine and join them, nearly identical
>get invited into their teamspeak and switch to frontline when we have 10 legionaries in total
>beat a match of Taiga in less than 3-4 minutes stomping through gaulish ass

Attached: MH - roma invicta.jpg (1920x1080, 789K)

its him swinging a poleaxe downwards, it stops halfway because it impacted the mans corpse

actually it stops because it hits the wall

>entire team is shield/short spear niggers
Of course you won quickly.

ackshually we used arming swords in viking style for that almost-gladius aesthetic, the spears were for throwing

Attached: MH - roma invicta 2.jpg (1920x1080, 720K)

>see chiv being full of cancerous ranged weaponry
>for some reason impelment cancer in your game

Attached: D49wjgeW4AAUyst.jpg (1024x574, 69K)

>red is full of short spear niggers on a map that is unbalanced and red always wins unless red is filled with newbies/retards
mmhm

literally git gud

Attached: MH - medic.png (476x857, 612K)

This game seems to be full of unbalanced maps. Like on camp one side gets a free catapult and ballista while the other side gets jack and shit.

Not the games fault the enemies were braindead. I personally use the greatsword because I like the 2 hit kills and the aesthetic, but its consistently short spears and rapiers killing me with swords just being even duels I might win or lose. Speaking of random shit happening, there was one game where a dude hit me in the head with a maul every time I tried to fight him. Shit was not cash.

Spears aren't that hard to deal with. Just charge up a swing and then sprint sideways. There's a decent chance they'll miss since they always stab and your hit will fuck them up.

Absolutely fucking based. Going to go make a roman right now.

What gear have you got equipped?

Archers are pretty garbage in mordhau. They primarily exist to kill other archers. If your team has more than 3 archers on it you're gonna lose. They just have no damage output.

plated lamellar stuff, segmented pauldrons, and sallet with raised visor. arming sword for the gladius, viking skin makes it much more gladius-y

Attached: MH - legionary.jpg (471x875, 93K)

They weren't braindead. They just weren't fighting me most of the time. I was coming in with some huge telegraphed attack on someone who was engaged with someone else. I tended to lose 1v1s since I wasn't used to the weapon.

Best/fasted way to level up and earn gold?

Buy the game 3 days ago and collect a free 10k gold because of bugs or something.

Being close to things that can burn you changes the screen colour to warn you, so that you don't accidentally back up into a firebomb's AOE while fighting some other guy 1v1.

get a sword and 2 medkits,

run around throwing the medkits in places that your team are, go nuts with the sword and kill people

Attached: meta.png (900x675, 1.48M)

That's why you can parry arrows in Mordhau.

>great for 1v1s if you get gud
>good for poking enemies in a big melee
>if outnumbered just hop away
is there a downside to estoc + dodge?

this actually has the late-era eastern roman aesthetic

Attached: mrl_estoc_j.jpg (800x600, 18K)

I think blue gets a ballista overlooking their interior spawn but yeah the maps definitely need balancing, especially Taiga and the advantage Red has holding Camp

Based

I bought the game today and got the gold

Stam drain of dodging vs. the stam drain of just parrying

Meant to say the advantage Red has holding the camp on Taiga*
Camp and Grad are the most balanced maps, Peak gives Blu the advantage

Any pokey stab weapon is free chambers

Archers are shit in Mordhau, even throwing axes and throwing short spears doesn't do the damage worth the points they cost.

I'm scared it will go the way of Chivalry and devolve into meta-faggotry and retarded shit. How long do we have left bros?

The longsword might only do peasant-killer damage, but it's hitboxes are pretty whack, in a good way.

Attached: Samurai Slash.webm (698x392, 2.8M)

Nah, they're worth the points, I shit on people with my throwing spears because nobody ever expects me to just fucking throw it at them mid fight. Also javelins soon

The slashes are trash and you're dead when somebody easily chambers a stab.

Metafaggotry is unavoidable but this game was made specifically to avoid Chic's retarded shit.

Camp isn't balanced in my opinion. Red get a catapult, a free artillery barrage every couple of minutes, an amazing ballista placement, a horse and usually get the mid-point first. Blue just get a horse.

Blue generally tend to still win though, somehow.

>The longsword might only do peasant-killer damage
Mordhau it my man. Can opener.

Throwing spears are trash, unless you're throwing it at someone who isn't looking at you. The start-up is so telegraphed that it's hard to miss the parry.

It’s fun, but shilled as being way deeper than it actually is.

true. I usually parry but if there like 3+ enemies then i'm hopping away from that shit

can't you easily counter a stab chamber by parrying?

That's when you morph the chambered stab into a slash or overhead

>can't you easily counter a stab chamber by parrying?

A good player will instantly morph their chamber into another attack and hit you.

Lose cleave and a lot range though, feels bad.

You can easily counter a stab chamber by just stabbing if you have the rapier or short spear

I don't understand it either with all the advantages Red gets, but like you said blue tend to win at least half the time, so that makes me consider it balanced.
I would try and explain it by saying that blue's actual camp structure is more favourable to them for defending than Red's is, while Red has a lot of wide open flanks. The artillery barrage tends to come down mostly on Red's side of the river, the catapultfag will invariably teamkill, and blue does get a ballista of their own that's well situated to prevent blue from ever capturing their last point. Also Red's cart seems to take longer to push up the hill than blue's.

okay thanks

WHERE MY BILLHOOK NIGGAS AT

FUCK HORSEFAGS

Attached: billhook.jpg (284x177, 6K)

Play on a duel server autist and stop complaining about being hit with arrows in a medieval combat game.

Post your map ideas bois
>Field
>It's grassy open fields with 10 horses a side, 3 cap points, and fenced off fields of wheat/forests along the side for people who just want to melee

There isnt anything to meta though. Shields are annoying, poke weapons (mainly rapier and spear) are also annoying. Both can pretty easily be rebalanced. People who bitch about archers/horses/two handers need to get fucking good.

What Mord doesn't have is gamebreaking mechanics which can be abused so the game is fine and wont go the same path as Chiv. What it really lacks is content in maps/modes and for current maps to be rebalanced because current map balance is 100% a joke.

I don't really get it, are matches just a clusterfuck of people dressed up as random shit like legionnaires, knights, peasants and autists?

>10 horses a side
god have mercy on whoever doesnt get on one

Attached: LEON.png (631x515, 337K)

>When you were trying to poke someone in front of you and a horse rider charged past you from behind and missed got caught on your hook then gets pulled off their horse and down the side of a cliff to their death
You had me at hooking horsefags

Attached: 20190511164823_1.jpg (485x929, 120K)

people complaining about being shot just like the knights of olde who screamed at the invention of crossbows being able to punch through their noble and honorable armor

Honestly I see no reason why we cant have a horsey map. That first 30 seconds of the game where 10v10 charge each other on horses would be some fucking 10/10 kino action this game needs.

I have another question, if the chamber is morphed is it a guaranteed hit on your end?
It usually looks like a standard western/central european battle but there are a few loadouts where you can look kinda like a legionnaire/viking/muslim

dont forget vikings, the occasional rare weeb, or unga bunga caveman barbarians
and cause its fun, theres no story or anything

Most people just pick some variant of knight, footman or archer, with a few people on each 64 player server running some meme build.
Armor is pretty effective though and people like winning more than memeing so that's what you'll see the most of.

>when you are so salty about french peasants killing knights you do the medieval equivalent of twitter bitching and force the Pope to ban all crossbows
The more you think about it the more you realize that even through history people never change.

archer knigga

Attached: mord.jpg (525x900, 135K)

It's not guaranteed since people can still parry on reaction. But most people will panic and parry when they see they just got chambered which is why the morph will usually hit.
If they have a shield however it's different.

The samurai did this as well with guns and in their case it actually worked for a while.

>getting hit by the horse no longer stuns tou
There, I fixed horseniggers. Hire me

Does this run on toasters?

yes, but it would also have alot of people running into eachother on horses and coming to a dead stop, and then autisticly swinging their weapons until the other horsemen is dead

they would need a way to implement horses running through other horses. like they do when they run into you when your on foot

>-gat knight be fuckin' yo hoes

Equipping a bow should prevent you from equipping armor above 2, any shield besides pavise, and the rapier
change my mind.

is this some kind of Chivalry mod?

Attached: 1528003139839.jpg (1280x720, 160K)

zero interest in chivalry combat but i wish more games would do the "play imported MIDI tunes for the whole server" thing, why the fuck is it so rare when it's such a great feature that everyone loves, only other games i know of that did it are mabinogi and archeage

...yea

Ripostes used to have super armor and they got rid of that so I don't see why they can't get rid of horsefag stuns

Goes back to the Iliad and them shitting on Paris, though there was also some respect for Teucer who was an archer since he didn't gloat about it.

>Thucydides describes an exchange between a Spartan prisoner of war and an Athenian ally after the surrender of the Spartan hoplites at Sphacteria....The ally jeeringly asked the captive Spartan whether the Spartans who had died on the island, rather than surrendered had been kaloi k'agathoi, men of aristocratic excellence. The spartan retorted that a spindle - so he sneeringly called an arrow, would be worth a great deal if it could distinguish agathoi.

>archeage
Damn if only that game hadn't gotten SJW'd to death

so how retarded am I for still using mouse to choose attack direction. I cant find a keybind setup that works for me.

bro he's wearing all light armor and a medium helmet. But I agree with you.

Will this game have any longevity or will it be another flavor of the month?

Attached: anzu.png (771x531, 833K)

its lichrally just Chivalry 2, same exact control scheme too

There is a horse map somewhere in the game files, I've seen servers running a map called "Horsefield" that is basically what you are describing but with no objectives. Haven't seen one in a while though.

you're not, user
everyone fights differently
you just havent found your way yet

>We were using swords, spears were for throwing
>y-you only won because spears!
Do people even read the posts they're replying to anymore

k

>level 36 shitter with more than a hundred hours starts complaining about feints and morphs

Attached: 3.jpg (1920x1080, 183K)

Points an archer picks for armor are points he isn't spending on better weapons which he could use to defend himself in melee combat when you reach him. So at the end of the day, all he's really doing is making himself more efficient at killing other archers.

Fotm probably. Competitive multiplayer games like this suffer massive player falloff after te first month or two.

>beat a match of Taiga in less than 3-4 minutes stomping through gaulish ass
what team color were you?

Damn. I wanted to get it but was afraid it would die a month later. God I miss War of the Vikings

I expect it'll have at least 1k, probably a few thousand, and probably a higher # since it's got no real competition worth a damn compared to say, an MMO or Shooter FOTM

>war of the vikings
literal inferior product to wotr

The counterplay to feints is there: you listen for the grunt and parry only once you know the attack is committed. Why do people insist on bitching about it? It's not like chiv parries where it was literal rng.

hopefully longevity
currently there's very little to work for past like, level 30~, but the devs could add a bunch of stuff on upconin3g updates, they probably had no idea itd explode like this
if they consistently add new shit itll probably last a long time
but like other user said, bigass multiplayer games do often have a falloff date

Definitely not going to die a month later.

Ps4 wen?

Is that Messer?

what do you mean ? using the mouse to pick directions just makes it easier to accel and decel attacks

yes

Meant to say chiv feints*

>bow virfins in the back doing almost nothing but being annoying
>getting killed by random catapult shots
>having my kills stolen because mongs on my team have to rush in to try and vulture and body block my swings
>shield + stabbing weapon fags slowing down the game immensely
>maulniggers just blindly swinging for heads for easy one-shots
>Zweifags just swinging blindly into groups
>That one guy going 5v1 and killing everyone with ease
>lutefags trying to be le ebin rebbit
>firebomb virgins spamming fire everywhere killing friend and foe alike
>horsechads couching niggas and high fiving as they ride past each other

I simultaneously fucking hate but love this game.

I haven't seen any weebs, you can't really make anything that looks like a samurai

I think the reason I fall for feints is because 90% of the time nobody is doing it and then this 10% man steps in, feints once and throws me off and I'm fucking dead. It's not a problem it's just I lose focus on extended fights and just want to kill people.

Also shields are TURBO gay and you could at least use the heater if you're going to use it, the Kite shield is broken gay bullshit.

I share the same sentiments. In the same game I can go from hurting my sides laughing to literally gritting my teeth in frustration.

I fucking hate love it.

I keep reading everyone saying keybinds are superior. When I spectate a good player who pushed my shit in I can tell from their movements that they are using keys.

>you listen for the grunt
deadass? how reliable is that?

I'm shit at this game but find nothing easier to deal with than Maul users. Shieldfags are pretty easy prey most of the time too because they never seem to know how to deal with a guy who sprints at them and kicks.

If they keep pumping out content it'll hover around 20k during peak times. With the current amount of content it would die fast.

You're also a dirty liar, but that's to be expected.

I miss the voice commands from Chiv. The yelling and warcries were so much better.

>Guy feints and hits me
>"Oh haha nice a feint whoops I won't fall for that again"
>Guy feints and hits me

Attached: 1556338307658.jpg (652x680, 138K)

>deadass
Back to Twitter, nigger

>mountain
>rush for the central point
>suddenly face to face with guy on the other side
>we stop and stare at each other
>people fighting all around us
>mutual signalling of non-aggression with repeated parrying
>i jump
>he jumps
>and gets couched mid-air by a random horseguy doing his run back to our side

This is the white man's loadout

Attached: 56.png (836x936, 798K)

i bet this nigga plays total war melee only too

Nice digits. Their forum post says they have two maps in "mid development", Castello and Feitoria.
Yeah this is one of the only areas the game fell down relative to Chiv, along with maps. If they were going to do Chivalry 2 so blatantly, they might as well have ripped off the voice lines.

>even through history people never change
You should check out ancient roman bathroom grafitti

I made a skirmisher from Age of Empires 2

Attached: skirmisher.jpg (453x761, 87K)

heres how to counter kicks.

stab them

Mod to add in chiv lines when?

damn right it is
the combat is starting to click, it's actually pretty good
you can fall into the frontline and get into that whole teamfight thing, or you can go off to the side and have nice little 1v1 fights
it's tight

>cant make female crusaders
>"muh realism"

this game is so fucking bigoted holy shit

Attached: scrooge.jpg (853x480, 279K)

>guy kills 3 of our team mates first catapult shot of the match
>kick him off it and fire the next shot
>2 kills on the actual enemy team
>he burns our catapult then votekicks me and it passes

Attached: 1542924324814.png (773x602, 56K)

>rush for the central point
>>central point

It's really. Chivalry is a retarded flippy kung-fu fest.

>acrobat
>dodge
>fury
>tenacious

This is fun.

Good, one less disabled weeb who would drop the game after 10 hours anyway

Is there a point to jumping midfight to make Acrobat worth it? As a longtime TF2 player I'm in the habit of jumping habitually when surrounded, but it never seems to do anything useful.

why the fuck are there so many brainlets that take the catapult and then push them forward to the frontlines instead of.. i dunno, using it as FUCKING BACKLINE ARTILLERY?

you look like a cool madman. sometimes it fucks up peoples parry timing.

Where are you Kenshiro

Acrobat doesn't work with dodge

Dilate.

it fucks people up
style points
otherwise I just put dodge in there instead

>Spearshield
So you're a trash unit in both games.

>Archers are pretty garbage in mordhau. They primarily exist to kill other archers.
So why not just remove the Archers? LMAO great game design.

the shield variety in mordhau is appalling

Attached: 1554291844482.jpg (1210x2446, 901K)

So what you're telling me is that I can upgrade my weapon instead.

Where is the Lance you get in the tutorial?
I cant find it anywhere.

>the second spawn for blue on Taiga is the same distance as the first
WHY

Attached: 1546704789483.png (242x193, 33K)

they kill people on the ballista and catapult when you can't reach them

it spawns near home spawnpoints or horse spawnpoints usually

not when retards do this
literally seen it my last 5 games

Almost 90% of those are LARPer fantasy shields, user. For fuck's sake, you even have a Zelda shield on there.
Mordhau isn't the most historically accurate game of all time but it also isn't fantasy tier like Chiv.

I will say though that the game needs a flat topped kite shield, diamond topped kite shield, and flat topped heater shield. But otherwise, the shields in Mordhau are all the ones that were used in the mediaeval period.

>be quarterstaff shitter
>just spam scroll up constantly and boop people in the face
>3/5 people can't parry or chamber it in consistently and it chips away at their health in no time
>occasionally parry and then immediately boop them again
>even when they try to pull some tryhard feinting garbage I just keep scrolling up and keep getting kills
>nobody says anything because it's such an underpowered weapon

Attached: 1554493584850.jpg (251x242, 10K)

I've only found them on Mountain Peak, close to the horses propped out on the side.

on a duel server, i.e. equal footing, the zwei is good but not OP. shield and rapier are still a bitch to deal with in that scenario.

even 1v3 you can take on multiple 2 handers, but if any 1 of 3 shieldfags ganking together has any amount of brain activity, its a literally impossible fight to win against

Why do games have to have something to work for to be considered successful? Remember when you just played halo, quake and AoE for fun instead of some meaningless progression?

Some maps just don't have them. Take a spear or longsword in your loadout instead

Blue team is doomed to have a handicap.

Fought some guy named jej who beat the shit out of me with his hands, couldnt land a hit on him

People seeking status symbols

Just try to fight the urge to parry and instead attack them. They're exposed when they feint.

Iirc testers asked for it

Progression isnt a bad thing. Its only a status symbol if you see it that way.

Fists have really good stunlock in exchange for not being able to block, so if you let them land the first hit on you and you're using a weapon with a slow swing speed, you're fucked. The trick is to play aggressively from the start.

every time i try to chamber a bardiche thrust i just get poked, what the fuck?

you can block their projectiles with a melee weapon. theyre fast as fuck projectiles though, so you pretty much have to anticipate when their going to release and block a split second after you think theyre releasing. archers are fags, but with that, its pretty balanced, and nothing is more rewarding than running at an archer, him shooting and expecting to end you before you reach him, blocking it, and killing him without any chance of retaliation

People are fucking retarded.

If they made it so you had access to everything from the start people would get bored and quit, trickle them content by locking it behind a time gate like levels and gold and suddenly its 'content'.

find some people autistic enough to play horde and hide in towers plinking away at the masses with ranged weapons for about an hour. you can even die and let them do the work and you get a shitload of gold/xp at the end

Is this guy cutting off screen like how it would work in reality?

What mediaeval gear or weapons do you want to see, Yea Forums?
>Targe with just a central boss and no rivets
>Flat topped kite shield
>Plumed greathelm
>Plumed hounskull
>Frogmouth-style great bascinet

>Grab the catapult and move it into position and start firing at the point
>Some dude comes and keeps kicking me off it to use it himself
>Haven't even got any tks or anything
>Make sure I firebomb the catapult every time it spawns

Attached: 1520320438544.jpg (560x560, 349K)

More maps and more game modes as well as better balanced maps.

Seriously everything else is secondary, these maps are dogshit.

>be me, spic
>Join South American servers to play with my Fellow spics
>several high ping euroniggers and mutts complaining about high ping

Why dont you fucks play in your region servers?

Dodge is too good if you know how to use it like dark souls

Is deadass a new zoomer term?

Yes, the yellow text is points/damage. You can hit people outside your first person fov if that's where the weapon actually would be in real life

Because chinks with 50 houses in their names are in them

2 more maps are on the way. One of them is a comfy looking walled Mediterranean castle town on the waterside, reminds me of Ubersreik from Vermintide

It's ironic for a spicy spic to be saying that, but you're not wrong

Votekick them like we do.

>Game lets you start up swings while dodging

Holy shit i dont know if people noticed me doing that when i kill them, but if they did id imagine them to be quite seethingly angry, or at the least disgusted

If you use third person you dont even need to look at people, just make sure your swing is near them when it starts and you get an instant hit

I do it in horde mode, insanely OP against AI since they wont block it, you can cleave 5+ enemies at once if you get headshots on a scythe or axe

just block one attack, if you block it will prevent the fist dude from attacking before you can attack. so block then mash attacks you can land

It's not really worth the points honestly relative to the passive benefit of a loadout with 3/3/3 and a good weapon

>chinaman joins my Dallas server because he's a stupid chinaman i dunno
>say "silly old bear" whenever I kill him
>he starts raging in his broken chink speak english
>silly old bear
>he calls me an orphan and quits after I get 8 kills on him
I haven't laughed that hard in ages.

Attached: il_570xN.371352611_89li.jpg (570x619, 47K)

>not just going 3/3/3 with bloodlust and dodge and picking up a weapon

Its annoying, specially when they start teleporting and hiting when theyre Far away.

Archers in this game are nothing compared to Chiv's archers. No three free javelins that can take off 70% of your health on even vanguard, no heavy xbow that can one shot with hitscan-tier speed, arrows are overall slower and there's a perk set solely for fucking over archers.

Kek I guess you must have been BUGging him

>Block
>He feints
>Swings to left
>Then hits my kidney
>Swing back
>He dodges into it and is now almost behind me
>Kills me

Happened several times

you can just hold s. hopefully kicks get a buff

It can sometimes be minutes before you find a good weapon drop in the battlefield
Bloodlust is definitely too strong in Frontline though

Does Winnie the Pooh offend them? Why?

Unga bunga spam swings. Fists literally can't block

I miss Agatha and Mason. These new red and blue suck.

Attached: king_malric_by_oevrlord_d8wttn2-pre.jpg (760x1051, 88K)

it is

>pokehau

Attached: ucsf_man-sleeping-bed-crop.jpg (686x386, 39K)

Legionary is short sword and pavise. You may use the short spear as a javelin

I want female mercs solely so then there would be loads of dipshits who are going to spend hours making their percfect 10/10 waifu, only to not use a helm and die in one slash to the head.

if theyre smart, theyll switch it up. chambering is safer, though easier for them to counter

The big boss chink is the butt of an internet joke: he looks like Winnie the Pooh or somesuch. They implemented a blocker on their internet for Winnie the Pooh, so for a little bit you could get chinks kicked off the internet by spamming them with Winnie the Pooh.
Weird. In the 90s, "dead ass" meant something that's dead.
>damn user, that is one dead ass deer on the side of the road
>hope the county comes and gets it before it explodes
>no shit

Kicks used to have longer range in the alpha and it was cancer. Because they're literally unblockable by swords it meant fights boiled down to whoever landed the first kick just kicked the other guy to death. Or you got a non-stop cancan of heavily armored sword wielding knights ignoring their swords and kicking at each other. The short range is what stops kicks from dominating MELEE combat.

More maps above all like user said. Beyond that:
>Byzantine and Eastern European gear. Too lazy to go looking up specifics but their lamellar hauberks, mail and scale or mail and lamellar, their helmets.
>Round heater/kite style shield for viking look.
>Plumes as an option for more helmets
>Islamic gear. New weapon being a scimitar/saber (Absolutely trash thrust, like 5 damage, but ace speed and slashing. Also rapid cutoff damage for 2 or 3 armor, so it's for slaughtering lightboys).
>Have a few non full plate heavy cuirasses. The aformentioned double layer stuff (mail and scale, mail and lamellar) or the chahār-āyneh or pic related.

I want a proper siege map with a rolling siege tower, or the battering ram actually breaking down the wall. I'd like to see a cavalry map (which I understand is already in the game), as well as linear gameplay mode with attacker/defender. I'd like to see the mandatory maps that every single melee multiplayer game must have:
>Helms Deep
>Gondor

A jedi mod would be amusing.

Attached: gettyimages-163242094-1024x1024.jpg (725x1024, 367K)

MALRIC IS A DOOD

I watched a guy get 30-0 on a duel server with the quarterstaff, It's honestly one of the best weapons in the game if you know how to use it

whats the solution to shieldfaggotry then? i heard it wasnt really addressed in alpha because people didnt really use them for whatever reason

Gondor and Helms deep obviously would be mods. I just love how every melee game or mod I've played seems to end up with one. Jedi Academy, PVKI, PVKII, I think Chivalry had one,

>sword shot critical

What the fuck isn't there to love about
>COMPANNYYYYYYY

>>Helms Deep
Mmf yes.

in the last mordhau thread someone posted a console command that supposedly makes the game look smoother does anyone remember what it was.

People didn't use them in the alpha specifically because they're trash in 1v1s. You don't lose any stamina for hitting a blocking shield, but they lose stamina, so (depending on the weapon you use) in around 11 trades, they will be totally out of stamina, compared to parrying with a weapon, which requires timing but costs less stamina.
In Frontline the solution is to parry/chamber the shield user and kill everyone who isn't using a shield first. If you can back them into a corner, you can also bully them with kicks.

>camp
>one time have the brilliant idea to run to the second point immediately so that we start to capture right after the first one is taken
>it works, holy shit im a genius
>subsequent attempts
>i arrive at the 2nd point and my team hasnt even begun to capture the first point
why must everybody be retarded

TF2 and Left 4 Dead had Helms Deep mods also (and CS had a Moria zombie map)

>all these armoured babies and noblefags thinking they're hot shit
PEASANTS RISE UP

>zweihander nigger whiffs swing
>kill him by throwing a mace at his empty skull since that is by far the optimal option and I have a backup even if I miss
>starts calling me a noob
so was he just being a fag or are throws considered OP in duels?

>Not every weapon can use Kick
>FISTS can't use kick
What the fuck?

Attached: 1525074264810.gif (600x600, 899K)

>In Frontline the solution is to parry/chamber the shield user and kill everyone who isn't using a shield first
thats what ive learned, but the problem arises when 2-3 shieldfags are together and literally invincible. you could say dont get into that situation, but its common as fuck and isnt a problem with other loadouts where at least you have a chance of fucking them up if you outrank them in skill

He's just being a fag who should learn how to parry
Only thing in the game without counterplay is trying to fight rapier stab spam when you're on a ping above 50 and catafags on your own team shooting into a crowd

>want to enjoy mordhau
>i get massive fucking framedrops at random if i don't have sound effects turned off

the fuck is this shit. it runs at 60 FPS just fine then I collapse into a powerpoint presentation for 10 seconds at a time then it recovers back to 60 like nothing happened

and this only occurs if i have sound effects volume on anything above zero

Anyone lutefags got some good MiDi files to share?

Attached: 1446556279084.png (294x258, 85K)

Yes they can????

I wouldn't say seeing multiple shieldfags travelling in groups is common at all in Frontline in my personal experience, but at any rate if that does happen you can fall back on firepots. Or you can just focus one guy and wear his stamina down. It takes a very long time but it's doable.

Throws are blockable, he was being salty and slow

rebbitor list here
dropbox.com/sh/c32hofsvl8kmugk/AAAqaFfHXsddT_4uiPlqGaNka

got a good Bandit Radio from S.T.A.L.K.E.R. midi on a site called Musical Nexus
sounds great

>DODGE THIS YOU BASTAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Oh I just tested it and I could kick again, I swore that a few matches ago when I went Fist only it wouldn't allow me to kick.

I just want those niggers to release the modding tools so chiv maps can be ported over

Ranged weapons are dogshit in mordhau. The only good ranged weapon is a thrown maul.

Yeah I was going fine until the recent update but then for some reason Camp has turned into a slideshow

Kick is a bit glitchy, sometimes it just doesn't work (or maybe taking a specific action prevents kicking in a way I haven't figured out yet)

>Go to kick door open
>Do that thing were your foot goes through the door instead of busting it open
>Enemy busts door open on me

Attached: 1514912283023.jpg (565x426, 46K)

>be me
>be having a hard time dealing with spear and rapier shitters
>go to 1v1 with a bot and practice chambering
>now the majority of spear and rapier shitters run away the moment they encounter someone who knows how to chamber

>It can sometimes be minutes before you find a good weapon drop in the battlefield
Lol what, it takes 2 seconds max

>been waiting for kindgom come delivery to fall in price
>mordhau drops out of nowhere
>have fun for 4-5 hours but no urge to play it anymore
>kcd is now cheaper than mordhau
Don't knoe whether to get it or not, the combat should be worse than mordhau but then there are all the rpg elements.

Attached: 1554209704043.jpg (640x720, 152K)

i think its the servers shitting themselves, at least in some cases and even with low ping. at least those are the only times i get slowdowns except for right after i start the game and shit hasnt loaded properly because external HDD and slow RAM

>mauls your face in half
Heh nothing personnel shieldboi

I swear Billhook is a sleeper OP weapon. Its so fucking good.

It's Chivalry without the jank.

Slash is fairly weak with it

It's already here, and there's already freely available macros being spread around to reduce a ton of the inputs to single button commands including a particularly broken one involving a glitched animation that signals one way while the invisible, disconnected hurt box strikes in another.

man, you're right, the combat feels really fun regardless of rewards
but people who arent men of culture like ourselves may indeed crave those scrumptious e-goodies

Depends on how many new maps and weapons they can pump out. Or they could embrace mods like Chivalry did and it will have infinite longevity.

The real challenge is to play with one of the shorter weapons and a parry shield. I am playing with a mace/shield combo and killing two handed faggots is really hard.
>they have range
>they have delayed spin to win swings
>they have retarded amounts of damage

the combat in kcd is better. mordhau is an arcady slasher fest that only manages to be better than chiv in a few scant areas

Where can I get this macro

what is the point of pole axe if you can choose greatsword for the same points which is just better?

Pretty much.

>He finds high tier polearms every 2min
Stop pretending to be retarded

>god duelist on the other team
>meanwhile that's irrelevant and I know how to operate in a team setting
>sneak up from the side and 1 shot him literally every single time as he's trying to style on teammates
>get most kills and least deaths on the server even though I never attempt chambers and our team wins
every time

>good weapon
You're fucking bad is the problem

Mordhau just isn't a fun enough game to play for the sake of playing it. Plain and simple, it needs the carrot and stick to mask its mediocrity. There's not nearly enough maps, game modes, or weapons to carry the game past June.

Actually pretty historically accurate to what a medieval foot soldier would use.

>I think framerate being shit when I have the sound turned up has something to do with the servers
Mate learn how computers work

Dragging is some stupid faggot shit, the lag is bad enough without player added delay thrown on top of this garbage. Should have been accel only, dragging is for queers.

>Ur bad so that makes a dagger better than a halberd
Not an argument

Only heard about this game recently.
So this is basically a new chivalry yeah?

Online team pvp medieval arena combat?

What fov should I be using to not make polearms feel like they only have 6" of reach?

Apart from the dagger, short sword and staff all the other weapons are extremely powerful if you're not shit so that rules you out. You keep being a scrub user who has to rely on a long reach weapon because you failed the tutorial while everyone else gets MVP with 3/3/3/blood/dodge pleb.

Reply if you're still mad at being shit.

online random monkey cheese lute playing faggots having dance parties in spawn

Basically me as well, except sometimes I switch to me knife throwing medic and give heals while harassing with knives.

Sometimes you get a 3 or 4k streak which is novel

>the combat in kcd is better
Incredibly easy to cheese*
That's why so many mods exist to fix KCDs combat

In a 1v1? Yeah the halberd will lose nearly every single time.

there's no fixing this. the ranges in the game are completely messed up, as is the camera in all aspects.

Jesus fuck that thing has shit range. I can't fucking use it, it feels like a goddamb toothpick.

new maps soon, and theyve mentioned the possibility of, if not outright confirming, releasing mod tools down the line

Kcd is worse purely by requirement of lockon which makes anything other than a 1v1 really annoying

You're right about maps, but are you genuinely serious about weapons?
There's 50 fucking weapons in addition to horselances, catas, and ballistas chief. Since release I've used maybe 10 different weapons at most.

>top of the leaderboard
>get a votekick called on me
>have zero teamkills
>teammate says not to kick me
>get kicked
Not even angry, just confused.

Also I suggest inverting the attack x-axis so the attacks actually come from the correct direction. Directional attacks become much more intuitive.

So it's not just me then? I usually am really good at spacing in most games but here it feels like enemies can hit you from 3 feet away while my attacks just phase through them unless I'm right in their face.

how long until this game dies? i give it another week before the playerbase drops to 15k for 24h peak

I'm in love with the maul. It turns out the solution to retarded teammates feeding Bloodlust enemies free health was to just kill my foes in one hit.

There's slash combo weapons, slash single swing weapons, and thrusting weapons. What skin you put over them doesn't matter.

poleaxe might have a better stab, not sure but thats my best guess without going through the trouble of opening the game right now

Keep pretending you know better than the top tier players, user. It's very amusing to see you proudly and smugly boast about gimping yourself.
>He thinks getting MVP means jack shit
With 3/3/3, bloodlust and a better weapon you could be tripling your score instead of wasting stamina, points and time on a joke perk, but keep raging at people who know better than you by all means.

Pole Axe is much more versatile since you can swap to hammer mode and fuck up heavy armor. Also its stab is way better.

So then your argument is that there's not enough reskins? Still doesn't make any sense as a complaint.
Quake Live had 11 weapons for crying out loud.

damn youre a DUMB NIGGER

Thanks for proving me right :^)

works on my machine :^)

Elaborate.

never ever faggot

Not him but all the top plays have been 3/3/3, dodge and blood and they literally just pick up weapons as they go. You should actually play the game before trying to save face by shitposting a legitimately broken strategy. Its so broken the devs already said they are working on changing it.

Looks like the shitposter is here.

He’s talking about how skins don’t matter for loadout, not complaining about lack of skins (which I’m sure will be added over time)

You're the only shitposter here mate, you got btfo and now you're trying to save face.

why not both? you're not poor are you?

hey, I'm one of two shitposters there, pal

>Its so broken the devs already said they are working on changing it.
I'd like to see a source on this information you pulled out of your ass hole. Only comments I've seen from devs on balance were a lead coder and lead balancer both saying in the official discord that they were fairly happy with the overall state of balance. Nothing about nerfing dodge at any point.

>spends the whole thread shitposting that a legitimately OP strategy which is using blood and picking up weapons is not a problem
No kid, just no.

I realize he's not complaining about a lack of skins, I'm implying that if it's not possible to diversify melee weapons any further than statistical sidegrades (which he refuses to acknowledge) then what else does he expect them to do, since any new weapons added will just be "reskins" according to him?

>Well i havnt seen the message therefore it doesnt exist!
Happened in the discord feel free to stop shitposting for 2 seconds and check yourself. We're done here

>1 minute apart
>Same smiley emoticon in both posts
Seems like the shitposter didn't like being called out. Now watch as he hops on his phone to avoid being called out for samefagging again.
Shitposting, not even once.

Cry moar zweifaggot

56 seconds apart, buddy

Reminder that a lutenist is a non-combatant and that it is a war crime to harm them in any way.

Attached: 300px-Frans_Hals_-_Luitspelende_nar.jpg (300x339, 30K)

I did check the discord, it's not there.
Pics or it didn't happen faggot, this is your last (you) until you do.

bullshit, i saw one of those fuckers repairing fortifications. but he played some pretty good tunes, so i didnt take it personally

>Turn around
>Get Bapped in the back of the head
Yea nah I ain't falling for that shit

Attached: 1557226604892.png (252x206, 46K)

Lute fags are useless memers not contributing whatsoever to helping the team, but its fine in 1v1 servers, its comfy there.

Fire is tricky to use right.
The best strategy I've come up with is to throw fire behind the front line of enemies.
If they retreat they die and it cuts them off from reinforcements.

>Implying playing Through the Fire and the Flames is not THE ONLY way to get blue team to win on Taiga

This, if the server has empty spots they're fine in duel servers since they're not disrupting anyones gameplay. But in any other mode they should be killed

Longbow or Recurve with a Medic Bag so i'm not completely useless while I miss people with my bow?

dodge 4 blood 5 3/3/3 = 18
Something I'm missing?

>Builds fortifications
>Caps point
>Carries anything other than lute
Mousewheel down.

It's god tier on the castle map when the enemy team is winning and trying to kill your wardens.

Just open the door and toss a bomb when they walk in, I got like 300 points with one firebomb.

Crossbow because Crossbow Chads actually fucking aim and thus TK less often.

Throwing knives are the man's choice.

>What are climate changes
Are you stupid user?

I really wish shield's just covered their surface area instead of a magic bubble. Raise/lower cost as a result. Trying to actually aim attacks means nothing, just run and kick but in every mode not a duel its just pointless because your going to get hit by someone else

That or add a perk that makes parrying/blocking your attacks cost more stamina from the opponent. Its so fucking rare that someone runs out of stam, especially so a shield user. It takes ages.

What good is a medpack going to do all the way back where you are?

>tfw you make him rage quit after repeatedly killing and teabagging

Recurve is best bow. Crossbow damage output is too slow to be useful for anything and leaves you vulnerable while reloading. Longbow is dogshit with a ridiculous draw time and point cost.

Like I said user he's a shitposter

Frontline is poorly balanced for a "siege" mode, and its just a glorified deathmatch. Frontline maps need more objectives, or they need to redesign how Frontline works, increase respawn rates or something, cause as is, most matches seem to turn into stalemates with no real sieging taking place. It might be an issue of people still not understanding how the game mode works, people not coordinating, or there being a lack of engi players on both teams building forts.

Are they actually good or are you memeing me?

Shields are fine. Like you are asking for, much of the time you'll be holding a shield up and still get hit by enemies directly in front of you somehow. And your move speed slows to a crawl if you have a shield up which means you get surrounded and fucked unless you have backup. If shields were actually OP everyone would be using them instead of 2 handers.

>block
>block
>block
ad infinitum until i walk up to you and knock that pussy shit out of your hands

A problem is how small most of the maps are, its hard to flank and back cap. You have to meat grind your way through the ranks to cap a point. It might be better to turn Frontline into a Battlefield-style Conquest mode while making actual Siege mode its own thing with its own maps. I want to push a siege tower to a big wall, climb its ladder, and storm the towering fortress walls while archers rain.

grug post till he get many berry

Attached: grugbunga.png (994x960, 1019K)

already played 70 hours and I'm bored
if some new content comes out I can maybe see myself coming back but the game lacks replayability
(if you're not a 1v1fag)

I think blue has slightly better players on average.

nice

Sieges when?

Theyre good for harassment at close range which is what you want to do as a medic/support. Don't bother with long range get up in their faces and aim for heads or injured stragglers. You get lots of assists and you pretty much cant miss if someone is coming straight for you.

kek I do that all the time
>frontline/tdm/skirmish
>chivfag doing drags & accels and ducking under attacks
>run up behind him
>kill him with Zwei while he's distracted
they always get so mad lmfao
trolled epic style

bitch I'm running around like a ninja spamming that shit to pick off people who are at low health, it's a support/harsssment weapon that doesnt require hiding in the back like a fish. Come at me bitch I beat the fuck out of people with my fists when I run out.

>I beat the fuck out of people with my fists when I run out
>block
>swing
>swing
nothin personnel

Unfortunately I switched my fist to my other hand while you weren't watching.

The Target is a parry shield, actually, can't keep it up.

are catapults built or do they spawn on the map at intervals like horses?
if so, where do they spawn?
i rarely see they used, mostly because they handle like complete shit, but still

Attached: Evolve.jpg (1864x1704, 1.31M)

Its just like chivalry, except for the additions to the combat system, the lack of ballerinas, a FAR better customization system, nerfed archers, better devs, better graphics, better gore, plenty of players(top ten on steam and not on a free week), throwing your weapon, alternate grip modes, etc. Other than that- yeah ITS JUST LIKE CHIV MY BRO XD

These are both great but the great ones really are in the minority. The dance is good though.

try not to get triggered and answer the question

Battle of Winterfell

>>cant make female crusaders
That's a good thing
A good way to drive away weebs

>no women
Explain. This. Shit.

It's not just the number of maps, Frontline is a big step down from Chivalry's Team Objective.

You've inspired me

Attached: Medic.png (438x932, 558K)

women are stupid and ugly and not fit to be knights

The voice lines in chivaly were a shitload funnier and better in general though.

bros... i give up... ive tried to like the game, and yeah its kinda fun superficially...but it's just LACKING something... something that captivated me about chivalry... what is it... ah yes, what this game is lacking... is SOUL. it has no SOUL. it is just a corporate product bros. no heart or SOUL behind it at all like chivalry had... it all feels fake and artificial and plastic. it's just a product of capitalism. no real heart or personality... just a plastic toy...

Attached: 1349906309939.png (645x773, 93K)

Shut up, ya silly cunt.

wpuld be nice to be able to mute the lute client-side so i wouldn't have to hear everyones dime a dozen shitty midis like i did when they first added it in the alpha

Go away

Attached: 1523075039630.jpg (453x470, 16K)

Fuck off loser

Alpha player here
Why do you guys use dodge, it is literally useless?

Uh, chivalry was literally corporate trash after the first 6 months and they sold out to make a TV game expansion that failed miserably.
If anything this is an indie surprise success. Too bad the devs have literally soem of the same exact problems that plagued chivalry.

god I remember that trash it was fucking cringe worthy

torn banner are such fucking hacks lmao. will they ever even make a recovery? their reputation is basically totally fucked

nice shilling reported

How the fuck do you use the billhook

After they made that SpikeTV garbage expansion they completely killed their game and their competitive scene by ignoring all the glaring technical issues their game had.

then they made "MIRAGE:Arcane Warfare"!
Fucking game didn't even last a year before it was completely dead and literally taken off of steam.

So it's just Chivalry?

How am I shilling? I literally just told you Mordhau has some of the same issues Chivalry had.

>s-s-shills

Attached: 1522638399149.jpg (700x700, 68K)

Chivalry with actually good mechanics but shit for content.

0.5 cents were deposited on your mordhau wallet

hey guys look at me ecks dee im le epic bard haha lmao look im playing through the fire and flames on my lute ecks dee hahahahaha

*gets decapitated*

wtf man fuck of griefer *initiates votekick* please press "pgup" guys

*gets decapitated again*

>people like game that i dont
>"s-s-shill"

Go to bed

Attached: 1398727940204.jpg (740x838, 120K)

>>people like game that i dont
>>"s-s-shill"

>Go to bed

Attached: file.png (225x225, 84K)

loaded up the game and server browser is showing half the servers it did yesterday, what's going on?

>literally no argument

Attached: 1520376765066.jpg (395x450, 69K)

Noticed the same thing these past few days, dunno why that is.

Its 5 in the morning....?

>>literally no argument

Attached: file.png (225x225, 76K)

For 2 hours, yes

Camp isn't actually that bad, just fire bomb the cata and one good horse fag will keep the ballista from being a problem, taiga is fucked when you're spawning in the mine tho

>posting your selfies on Yea Forums

yikes

Attached: 1539575821394.png (420x359, 213K)

>Try out firebomb/brawler retard build
>Go 22-10
I get that being punched can take you by surprise but holy shit a lot of retards run into fire.

I throw axes at them

when i first played i tried to be a bownigger to annoy people but it was actual garbage so i switched to melee

>>posting your selfies on Yea Forums
>yikes

Attached: file.png (256x197, 80K)

>some couple decided to fistfight
>a lutefag nearby started playing eye_of_the_tiger.mid
that was amazing

The insane range trade-off is not worth it for killing heavy armor with one less swing.

>find some cunts 1v1'ing
>rotate around them
>throw in cheeky hail mary's to the back of his head
>pick up his weapon
>he finds me again mad af
>kill him again with his own weapon

Running around as a scavenger brawl chad is some of the most fun i swear.

that's fucking awesome, I love creative stuff like this

go dilate

Too rapeable

do some research, torn banner was the epitome of corporate culture and backstabbing, these guy are actually independent and work from home, not to mention that their project lead is a programmer, not some fucking unreal modder shitstain

triggered me enough to reply
red = literally didnt exist
green = literally in the game already

Attached: 1557640199272.jpg (1210x2446, 834K)

>Regular round shield with nothing to it
>HURR IT DIDNT EXIST!!!

isn't the pavise shield already ingame?

foolish peasant, get back to working the land and cease thy nonsensical act

>I really wish shield's just covered their surface area instead of a magic bubble
But they don't, they only cover 50deg in front of you.
Shields need a rework to be more fun to play with and against, but they aren't actually OP.

>it's not like I'm bad at the game heh.. I'm just fooling around haha, that's why I'm having such terrible stats.. heh..

Do they?

Attached: mordteams.jpg (1403x598, 207K)

Greatsword or Longsword? Which would you pick?

Attached: file.png (550x550, 69K)

hit a dude on horseback and it'll drag him down

Longsword is a better weapon. The damage difference is negligible for 2 points difference. Greatsword is one of the shittiest value-for-points weapons in the game. If you want a big sword use the longsword/Messer or use the Zweihander.

>frontline
>3 medkits
>highest runspeed
>0 kills but highest points

still i find it odd that guys in full armor can get me when im running away.

imagine caring about stats in a video game

>still i find it odd that guys in full armor can get me when im running away.

Attached: 20190512 112117.jpg (643x176, 26K)

> tfw you find some tryhard styling on your teammates

Attached: chivalrygameplay.webm (450x360, 776K)

well that sucks

>still i find it odd that guys in full armor can get me when im running away.
there's a shitty slipstream mechanic in the game which allows anyone to keep up when chasing people. It's one of my main gripes with the game

How do I stop textures loading slowly/when I move (happens on other games to)

It does have a little longer reach too, but I figured it wasn't worth the 2 point increase.

You do care about it, only you're too shit to actually do anything so you have to settle with a false sense of fun. Fun means winning and dominating in a multiplayer game, if you can't do it, you're not having fun.

>use lutebot to play a song
>Character jumps, goes into third person view and then on team selection
Wtf?

If it didn't exist, people who run around naked at full speed and ruin the gameplay.
It's realistic in a non-realistic way because nobody would that in a real battle.

>he doesn't add moonrunes to his steam name so retards can't type your name

except peasants, and I think the ones with that perk should be exempt from that rule

>regular
The historical groups who used round bossed shields, such as the Vikings, never had those big wide metal crosses on the front.
We even have historical sources (the Gulaþing and Frostaþing) which recommend how shields should be constructed: the only things on the front were the timber, boss, rivets and paint.
But if you can show me some evidence of a medieval round shield with square banding then go ahead.
And if you're talking about the lion one I don't even fucking know what to say to you.
It is, although to be fair to that guy the ingame pavise has a round top rather than a ridged top so I didn't count it.

Attached: neck_to_knees.jpg (457x310, 42K)

It's an excellent mechanic because it forces you to actually fight instead of being a pussy. If it wasn't in the game there would be no penalty for sprinting away from fights when on low HP, and thus nobody would ever die.

Have you tried, I know this sounds weird, bear with me: fighting them?

Is this game only for PC? It looks really good. I have a feeling it is

Attached: e5v92ndlzgu21.jpg (700x1400, 125K)

Reminder to leave lutebros alone

>he thinks that will save him

i would if i could parry without a weapon

Best weapon when?

Attached: ME-0040.png (850x850, 97K)

Dual wielding greatshields when?

>dare try and use any of the non meta weapons
>6/10 times some nigger with an executioners greatsword or a spear will instafuck you
Very cool

but thats the trade off of being naked and having speed. You will get cleaned up if hit. why would you ever bother going naked if some metal tower of a man can easily keep up and kill you?
that's fine in a duel sense but if you are suddenly jumped by three or four people nine times out of ten you might as well just admit defeat. If you are lightly armored atleast then you'd have a chance to run away until you had some backup of your own

Literally just pick one up. Almost every frontline map has a weapon in the scenery somewhere, if not multiple, in addition to the ones your allies and enemies drop on death all the time while you're healing them.
Fists also have excellent stunlock despite not being able to block, and an all-Medkit loadout frees up a lot of points to buy Brawler, Dodge, and half decent armor.

PC only.
It's good but only for as long as there's new blood, it's a highly skill-gapped game so before long everyone left playing knows all the tricks and every new player will just get bullied out of any fun because they can't catch up.

How would they even make this without it being cancer?

Whats the downside to just stack heavy armor and dodge + tenacious perk and just pick up a good weapon on the battlefield?

Alpha autists can 1v4 on a regular basis. Backing up while parrying forces them to attack you with only stabs, which makes for ezmode chambering for you, while you have the advantage of being able to swing your weapon and thus deal AoE damage to all of them without risk of team damage or allied hitstop.

please shut the fuck up and play the game.
there is literally nothing wrong with it, even with a shaky launch. It's the best parts of chivalry and none of its garbage.

You have to look for a weapon?

not finding a good weapon because enough people decided to do exactly the same thing and gobbled up anything good before you got there, leaving you with a gimped build
also dodge chews up stamina a lot compared to just parrying, and puts you out of range to return your riposte

But that is not a problem, there are plenty. Yesterday the top players in several matches did this and maybe devs need to take a look at this.

well the maps could definitely use work and Chiv had better voicelines, but otherwise I agree. Everything else is basically nitpicks. It's a good video game, despite what the TORtanicfags say.

True af EXCEPT Chiv had a better siege mode. Frontlines is broken.

>Yesterday the top players in several matches did this
who are these top players?

With 64 people on the server it can be pretty to find a weapon. I dont even run the cheesy ass heavy armor + perk combo (I run just 2 medic bags and a firebomb, all light armor) pick up weapons and demolish scrubs. Would be even easier with the cheese build, but i dont wanna get used to that, especially since its getting nerfed.

>every map is total shit
Why even bother playing?

Grad is fucking based though?

Maps are balanced and fair. They require engineers which nobody gives two thoughts to. Many maps depend on the knowledge of your team's engineers and their placement of spikes and defensive barricades. As far as I can tell, most teams who get rolled are teams who don't communicate or work with engineers and their kit.

>another terrible multiplayer focused trash heap
Who cares

Well, welcome to this thread I guess.

I just entered a full Frontline server right now to test this theory and didn't find a good weapon for a solid minute. First wep I ran into was a shovel, then a heater shield about 30sec in, then a regular spear a minute in which someone else picked up before i could get to it, then finally a bastard sword. So you're trading dodge (which isn't even that good, and drains stamina) for like a minute of hunting for a weapon before you can fight.

stuff like spawn locations and supply boxes are pretty blatantly unbalanced though

The ones on the top of the scoreboard, they mostly picked up spears and stabbed people behind a meatwall of other players will being impossible to kill.

You can start with the arming sword which is good enough till you have a decent weapon or any other 1 Point weapon. I didnt have any trouble finding a good weapon fast.

>chasing a guy
>literally colliding with his model
>swing
>out of range
it's all so tiresome

The best part about having flesh wound is that you can cuck archers out of their kill by just throwing yourself into melee like a madman

Attached: 1555607716344.png (500x500, 253K)

Join servers in your region

I know you talked about lighter armor builds in the second part of your post, but this is just regarding builds where you can't fit/afford a weapon.

Make it slow and kind of hard to handle, but specifically good against shields because it'll catch on it and smack them in the face.

don't play with Maul or Axes then

Why not just tint the screen colour in the direction of the fire source instead of the whole bloody screen.

>guy on blue team
>armor with no team colors
>covered in red blood
why is this allowed

What do you think of my Brettonian knight?

Attached: Mordhau-Win64-Shipping_2019-05-12_12-13-09.png (1920x1080, 1.36M)

Knights should bleed blue blood.

I feel bad when I win too much. Fun for me is just killing or being killed in funny ways

Nice projection bro

make it so you can hit yourself, like a real morning star

>like a real morning star
>real
let's not get ahead of ourselves

morningstars don't have a chain on them.

>tfw had to ruin my cool aesthetic because it didn't show enough team colors and I regularly got attacked by idiot teammates thinking I was an enemy

They should seriously make the cursor flash green over allies. Bright fucking unmistakable green, with an option to disable it for those of us who aren't retards.

They tried to do this by adding friendly markers but it's not on by default and I'm sure most people don't even know it exists and you have to press h to enable it.

Is bloodlust worth it?

Attached: 971.gif (498x498, 613K)

I thinks it's a matter of heavy armor vs bloodlust. Pick whichever you want.

In high playercounts absolutely, otherwise no.

t. getting killed by bard

>heard that everyone was already try harding it up
>just bought the game
>first match is everyone with rapier and shield

Wow this is awful.

never ever sonyfags

Elf cuck/10

Just chamber stab into swing bro.

>tfw fucking around and go 25-8
just foolin' ;^)

This game is not worth 25 dollars.
Prove me wrong.
Also call me back when it's discounted to less than 10 dollars, that's when i'll buy this retarded "fixed" chivalry clone.

Attached: 15541353467004.jpg (566x431, 35K)

more like

>knights so chad that even an elf god decided to become their personal goddess rather than hang out with virgin elves

Attached: file.png (1088x734, 2.04M)

>this retarded "fixed"
How is it not fixed
youtube.com/watch?v=p3RUhbVfhjA

Heh, we'll see you in a month.
Give it time, user.
Give it time.

>that quake 3 movement and animations
Why cant they make the movement realistic and heavy?

holy fuck, people actually played this garbage? I never knew it was this bad

How can you say if a game is worth money or not if you haven't even played it? I already spent more than 30 hours in the game already

Attached: stable.webm (800x610, 2.8M)

now THIS is based

>Maps are balanced and fair.
haha
> Many maps depend on the knowledge of your team's engineers and their placement of spikes
the spikes take 4 hits hits to break down, and that's when I'm not lobbing a firebomb on their ass, spikes make chokepoints

Because i have played more than 3000 hours of Chivalry.
I know that you zoomers never played it, and are praising Mordhau like the 2nd coming of christ.
But that's because this is literally your first ever game of the genre, you never played Chivalry or any of the similar games that were released before.
Give it time and the community will find a way to break the game.

>no user created maps
not even gonna bother.

>10 minute match
>spend 9 minutes slowly advancing towards enemy lines
>die to 10 arrows stuck in your helmet
Thats why. Realism sucks balls, thats why we play video games instead of enjoying the reality outside.

Attached: 1557396207536.jpg (1800x1166, 391K)

Still the best and you all know it

Attached: share_thumb.jpg (616x353, 280K)

>all the people in the background cheering Axe-Chad on
What a legend

Sup, brah?

Attached: EXECUTE.png (931x939, 962K)

>Heh... it will be dead at release...
>Heh... it will be dead by tomorrow...
>Heh... it will be dead in a week...
>Heh..... (increasingly nervous laughter)
The point of this game was Chiv autists wanting Chiv without the broken combat and putting themselves out there to make it happen. They didn't even expect a good release for the game (like 10,000 concurrent players in the first week tops was expected instead of the 60,000 it ended up reaching), just for it to have niche appeal.
You really honestly think they won't update the game to fix exploits?
Chiv reached the state it did because Torn Banner never fucking did anything.

>see a huge group of guys fighting in dm
>go in with my executioners sword and get like 1000 point combo
executioner sword is the chad weapon

the dude has max FOV with probably the highest mouse speed since he's a gameplayfag

Greatest feelings
>throwing your weapon and killing an archer
>hooking a guy off a horse
>getting mvp doing nothing but throwing firebombs

Mordhau hasn't even been out for 2 weeks and you're already THIS assblasted, lmao

Retarded ballerina spinning is not fun. Get over it.

based
fuck horsenigger

>easily parries your slow ass swing

Chiv was dogshit, you cant break Mordhau. Get good scrub :^)

I threw a rapier at the head of a guy on a moving horse, killing him.

why spend so much time and autism mastering chivalry duels, fighting games exist and are way less janky and retarded looking

Why is everyone suddenly pretending as if Mordhau was trying to compete with Fortnite or some shit? It was always a niche title that became an unexpected sleeper hit. The devs probably would've been happy with 10k players, let alone 60k

>come to v video games
>decry gameplay

Until I drag hit your head off. I'm regularly in the top 5 on the leaderboard with this build.

I'LL TRY SPINNING THAT'S A GOOD TRICK

How do I git gud?

whats the best perk?

>I'm regularly in the top 5 on the leaderboard with this build
translates to
>I can kill literally braindead retards lookamee
"top 5" is nothing, just throwing medic bags nets you top 5 and that's only 50 points per bag. The only impressive thing in Frontline is being top of the scoreboard with 3x the next player down's kills.

Don’t brag about being top anything using one of the meta weapons mate.
Come back when you can do it with something else.

lmao

In pubs it's bloodlust

Bloodlust by fucking miles. I hope they nerf it because im getting tired of running it every time.

only boys wear helmets

Attached: mord1.png (537x908, 844K)

>Be bard
>do literally nothing but play instrument while teammates kill your opponents right beside you
>despite that still high enough priority to get picked off by archers
This is proof that bowniggers are the lowest of the lowest

Duel servers and play the sword part of the tutorial again.

Nice head you got there would be a shame if something happened to it

Attached: 20190506205548_1.jpg (737x863, 250K)

>Retarded ballerina spinning is not fun.
I agree, i'm not defending Chivalry, you fucking cockmuncher.
I usually learn from my mistakes, hence why i'm not buying Mordhau.
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me.
>Chiv was dogshit, you cant break Mordhau.
Again, i agree, but not with the second part of your sentence.
Zoomey zoom zoomy?
You have no idea what people will be capable of.
Give it a month, and you will prove me right.
>The point of this game was Chiv autists wanting Chiv without the broken combat and putting themselves out there to make it happen.
Unachievable.
These games are flawed by default.
You got scammed, simple as.

Mouse speed doesn't make exceeding swings any different. When you swing you're fixed to a certain turn speed during said swing.

You're lower than them since at least the bowfags are helping their team. Like you said yourself, you're doing LITERALLY NOTHING.

>You have no idea what people will be capable of.
Uh nothing, feel free to go play the game and realize it doesn't have any abuse-able mechanics or features, its been in testing and now released for long enough for everyone to try everything and nothing is exploitable. It has massive unbalanced issues such as the poor map design and the poke fest but neither of these are game breaking like Chiv and both are going to get fixed.

So fuck off troll and go back to shittid where you came from.

cringe

>Unachievable.
>These games are flawed by default.
Based on what, Chiv? A game with a dev team that dropped it like a hot potato? Literally what other evidence do you have?

do u think horses should die easier lads?

No because I keep beheading mine

Why are you butthurt about a game you didn’t play and didn’t buy?
Perhaps you should shut the fuck up man

The points is that the bowniggers could choose to shoot the people killing their teammates, but they choose the easy free kill instead

Wrong. Eager, Raider and Foppish trump anything in Chivalry.

Why wasnt this a thing in chiv? I mean you could throw fucking flying kungfu kicks there and they werent broken but they werent useless either.

r8

Attached: william wallace.png (478x640, 387K)

you got fat

its Battlefield with swords

They're doing their part to make the match fairer by getting rid of the worthless waste of space that is (you).

>welcome to macdonalds would you like fries with your burger?

Lutists can fuck off. If you're in any mode besides duels playing a lute I'm going to kill you.

And it's not even like it's fucking funny
>hurrr I'm strumming randomly or downloaded a bot to play le ebin songs for me
>wtf bros don't kill me, I'm friendly!
You're dead weight on the team

this is you

Attached: MH - war crimed.jpg (744x880, 198K)

Based on every game that emulates melee combat with tracers.
All of them have the same problems.
>Chivalry
>Mount & Blade
>PVKII
>Age of Chivalry
And more.
But of course you don't know any of them.
Because you're a zoomer.
And this is your first melee FPS game. :)
I'm not butthurt, i remember many years ago when i saw the original Mordhau trailer.
I was extremely excited, but then as soon as they mentioned "we're fixing the spinnderella, here we are mocking 'em that means we will fix it xdd" i realized immediately how they were talking out of their asses.
Those problems are unfixable, they will haunt these games forever.
It doesn't matter if you put speed and hitbox limiters, the community will find a way to fuck them up anyway and sour up the game.
I've been told that ducking and matrixing are still an issue in Mordhau.
This is only the beginning, give it time.
>NOOOOOOO U AR WRONG U FGGTTT DONT TOUCH MY GAMEEEEEEE DONT TOUCH IT UF FGGTT LOLRRR UU GO FUCK OFF BACK TO RESETERA REEEEEEEEEEE!11!
Soon.
And you will all cry as i did.

You are so naive.
Savour the game while it lasts, you will be disappointed.

When you play lute you know the risks going in. You're responsible for your own life. Just like you can't be blamed to lute the enemy can't be blamed to stab you. You waive any right to bitch about stuff because you're not entitled to not having your arms lopped off by some screeching psychopathic scotsman

Attached: MH - tornthroat.jpg (968x758, 159K)

Remember to hide all shitposters

Attached: 123312234234.png (903x831, 95K)

>i'm not butthurt
the exact first and most confirming sign of butthurt

Attached: MH - lennie.png (639x689, 958K)

>>Mount & Blade
>>PVKII
How is this youtube.com/watch?v=94jW3CnEWcc broken?

Lmao, reminds me of that pigeon with the dart in its head.

Hey man i think this guy's retarded and M&B has great combat but let's not ever forget the shirtless niggers running around with the meta two handers and decimating people trying to actually enjoy the game

It doesn't matter how hard you stomp your feet on the ground, you will live long enough to see this game rot and fail because of the community, and i will be proven right for the 6th time.
Go on, screech and yell how i'm butthurt, how i should git gud and how the game is l i t e r a l l y perfect.
I could easily 1vs30 every single one of you fucks in this thread.
It doesn't matter anymore, this game is doomed and you're all naive fucks.
Enjoy your babby game while it lasts.

Attached: 15420596823285.png (714x650, 598K)

Committing war crimes is my favorite hobby.

How are ducking and matrixing an issue exactly? You can use footwork to dodge/keep distance from your opponent, this is no different.

So is the main advantage of chambering that it doesn't consume stamina?

He's talking about exploits related to a tracer-based melee system though, not armor/weapon meta (which is easily fixed by tweaking values, and which isn't a problem in Mordhau now anyway because having armor is the most viable build).

Combat bard is the only way to play. Nothing better than BTFOING enemies and salty teammates alike, then playing despacito over their corpse

>Couldn't respond to the question
If you're not just a shitposter it should be easy to answer.

Chambers consume a shitload of stamina. You use them to pressure your enemy into parrying or to punish feints.

>bop someone into a coma
>play the first four notes to megalovania
>x has disconnected

Attached: celebrations.gif (200x200, 2.38M)

You were given an answer already.
Plus, tracerglitching was a thing in M&B, especially with spears.

can't stop laughing at that image

>You were given an answer already
Nowhere was the question "how was M&B broken" answered.
>Plus, tracerglitching was a thing in M&B
Show one (one) example of it being a major problem.

You're just waiting for the last post in the thread, aren't you? Hurry up and post already or admit you're shitposting.

>shirtless niggers abusing 2h stave and polearms
>tracerglitching behind shields
>blocking attacks with a shield by turning 180°
>hurr spoonfeed me
You have been given an answer already.
I'm not spoonfeeding you anymore.
Search more by yourself, there is likely very few videos on the matter available as nobody ever played multiplayer m&b to begin with, for those same issues.
>b-but muh mordhau
Tracer systems are retarded.
Hence why this game will die in a month, maybe two.
Again, savour the game while it lasts.
As soon as someone figures out the tracers, it's all gone.

>>shirtless
>>polearms
Meta balance has nothing to do with the tracer exploits you were describing.
>tracerglitching behind shields
Post one (one) example.
>Search more by yourself
Not how burden of proof works. Pics or it didn't happen, newfag. That's what the rule has always been.

>he's doing it again
So you were shitposting all along, kinda sad.

>WE SHALL IMPALE THEM

Attached: SHOW NO MERCY.png (242x208, 20K)

>Just want to go into the meat grinder for pure practice and fun
>99/100 servers are 1v1 duels only
>Even the non-duel FFA shit always has one or two autists trying to police the server by forcing duels

Goddammit, I want a four-man clusterfuck where we hack each other to death while some shitter stands on a box playing the lute. I don't want any of this honorrabu dueling weeb faggotry

Just increase the stamina cost of shield blocking. It'll cause shieldniggers to drop their shields quicker when getting pounded on.
Alternatively let mauls ignore shields. :^)