Is NieR Automata really the best game of all time Yea Forums?

Is NieR Automata really the best game of all time Yea Forums?

Attached: 9S, A2, 2B.jpg (1000x707, 139K)

Other urls found in this thread:

allourideas.org/vbestgames2019/results
twitter.com/AnonBabble

no

A2 is the best girl

9S is best boy

It's in my top 5. It has the best ending in any game ever, I don't think that would be too disputed.

I don't understand why do they wear underwear on faces?

He's the best boy by default because he's the ONLY boy.

Attached: computer cirno.jpg (400x400, 20K)

Yes.
end of discussion, go home everyone

Because why not?

No. It's my favorite game of the gen though. It might be in my top 10 overall but it's iffy.

Not even the best game of its series.
Not even the best girl of her game.
Emil is best boy.
Wrong.

spbp

Attached: 1534805100396.png (1333x1400, 1.28M)

7/10 at best

Yeah, if you're a weeb edgelord who thinks pretentious stories and maid outfits make for a great game.

A clone is not the best boy

No. Why would you consider that?
Seriously, I want to hear your justification for making such a retarded statement.
I've heard this been said numerous times and now I'm really curious as to what's going on inside your heads.
Is it the waifus that get you? The melodramatic high-school play performances? The pretentious narrative?
What is it that makes this game so great in your eyes?

based 9s killing all the robo-roasties

Attached: nines.jpg (480x360, 24K)

I dunno can you be more objective in your criticisms?

Or give me an example of the games that came out that year that didn't have those issues that you feel are superior story wise?

Wanna try giving your opinion in a format that isn't "buzzword buzzword buzzword" retardbro?

allourideas.org/vbestgames2019/results we have a pretty big sample size and most people seem to like it.

Infinite dodging and fastest movement is stupid ass sliding around. Into the trash it goes.

Even if he ISN'T baiting, that's all I usually see. Also, generally, people who are more about plot rather than character and theme seem to dislike it too.

Attached: goufy.jpg (231x298, 45K)

I can't decide on a single one but it's easily in my Top 3 and apparently in Yea Forums's hivemind as well.
Based.
Baby Caim can go fuck himself.

Attached: 1544568289193.png (250x280, 156K)

Not OP. It's in the execution. No particular part of Automata is exceptionally well-above the norm, but together they add up to more than the sum. You don't get out of it thinking "I'll probably play 10 similar games in the future." It's at the very least one of the most well-rounded games of the decade.

The music is exceptional, but music alone does not make a game, it is extremely well used however. The waifus are nice sure, but they're not necessarily the main focus; all the side characters are memorable. I don't know what you mean by high-school play performance, if you refer to 9S I agree he gets annoying. Pretentious narrative is a pretentious criticism.

As always
>opinions

Attached: 1546301527339.png (400x431, 87K)

it's a damn good game, there is no best game ever though

he finds the dub voices less convincing I'm sure, and honestly I DO feel like Buckland drops the ball compared to the others.

NieR Gestalt is way better. It had no money and made one of the most unique experiences I've had in a game for quite some time.
Automata is really lacking. I really hate the praise for the music, because it's really like I'm listening to Gestalt's OST all over again. There's nothing new.

Afte 79,500 votes from this board, it's literally in the top 2 behind Ocarina of Time. It's one of the few games that has a win percentage above 70%

McCarley did a pretty good job as 9S I thought, especially as he lost it more and more towards the end of the game

I agree on that for sure, but 2b is pretty key and she doesn't convince me as well as in the original dub of how pained she is at times. Or some of the subtle dodges she does to avoid 9s learning too much.

I love the game tho so that's just me speculating.

Not even the best Nier game, or even best Taro game. That would be Drakengard 3.

Yeah I agree 2bs VA fell a bit flat at best, reminded me of dub Ryuko from KLK
Gonna do Jap on my replay, whenever that is. Kinda regret deleting my save at the end but it was for a good cause

I think it's the best implementation of a narrative into a video game. But in terms of raw gameplay it doesn't quite measure up. I think the big weakness is the enemy design.

Stupid contrarian, none of his prior work compares to Automata. Yes, even Gestalt. The only people that still care about his older games are contrarian grandpas upset it's a mainstream series now.

I've heard nothing but negative thoughts on D3. Is it really as bad as others say? From what I've seen it doesn't look too bad.

i think too many english dub actors lately sound a little too similar and as if they worked to be an "anime voice actor" rather than a voice actor that does anime. Less unique voices with acting training.

D3 is very fucking stale in terms of gameplay and runs like shit. The characters are incredible if you like "morally gray" storytelling though.

This, NieR Replicant had amazing story, soundtrack & characters. But everything else was completely horrible & made it an absolute chore to play

I don't ever hear people say its the best game ever, not even from the people who like the game. Where does this come from? or have I just missed the threads that claim this.

Attached: 1424294016292.jpg (322x306, 20K)

allourideas.org/vbestgames2019/results

no

The gameplay is mediocre, but the story and characters are very enjoyable. The DLCs were overpriced and the quality of each one varies greatly.

Attached: 1401986340138.png (488x538, 400K)

This seems weird as fuck to me. I have literally never seen anybody who's even a big fan of Innocent Sin suggest it's the best game ever, it usually never even makes Yea Forums top 100 lists every year, yet now suddenly dozens of people are voting for it?

Automata has shit gameplay, characters and storytelling. Also runs like shit despite being a poor game in terms of graphics.

This board you retard, we have a survey uthat has been up for 6 hours on the front page.
> Ocarina of Time (75%)
> NieR Automata (71%)
> A Link To The Past (71%)
> Super Mario 64 (71%)
> Metal Gear Solid 3 (70%)
> Super Metroid (70%)
> Chrono Trigger (70%)
NieR is one of few games that won head 2 head matchups 70% of the time. There are 80,000 votes in total

yes

Absolutely not

the only thing we know for sure is that a2 is the best girl

>I don't ever hear people say its the best game ever
You're lucky you haven't watched Yea ForumsGA2017

It also has Platinum as a developer so, like what the narrator said, there's a clear bias.

DoD3 is amazing, but I'd rate it lower simply because it doesn't have a solid cast to breathe life into it. The only interesting ones are Zero and One and the latter obviously doesn't show up as often.

Attached: leonardo-ribeiro-zero-new.jpg (1920x2011, 523K)

>all these mentions of english voices
Starting to make sense why you fags didn't like the game

That isn't 80,000 people voting, it's counting every individual matchup and they seem to be fairly random. My first one was Code Veronica vs. Link to the Past, like it's not even a contest and just inflates the latter's count even more.

Thanks user. I'll check it out, didn't have a PlayStation during last console gen so missed out on a lot of games I have on my play list.

80,000 votes from 880 people

Not saying it Nier Automata isn't good, but the fact that you can spam votes really undermines the entire poll

It's certainly the best DoD game, but compared to either Nier it's pretty lacking.

Code Veronica is better though.

It's RNG though, so even if you spam votes you still won't get the one you want very often

It's the only anime over the top story I've ever liked.

>has less votes than the other games
>was added later
top kek it will be below 60 in a few days

it was pretty good overall but playing through the story a second time with 9S for the real ending was a bit of a slog, but the end really makes up for it.The combat visually way too cluttered to feel challenging, especially against groups of enemies, and it was too easy to cheese a lot of fights with the pod.The Adam and Eve boss fights were honestly the peak of the game because there was enough notice before attacks to properly counter, actually reacted to being hit, and had answers to pod fire as opposed to most of the machine bosses that didn't react to damage at all and fighting any Yorha units which simply attacked way too fast to react to.

Attached: consquider the following.png (527x219, 80K)

DoD1>G/R>Automata>DoD3

Where's the drop off though? Because Witcher 3 dropped from 74 to the low 50s after a hour

because how the fuck are they even able to see shit?

It won't fall THAT far, but it still will drop to the 65-68 range. No way it sustains 71

I've probably lost at least 3 gallons of semen to 2B at this point

no, he asked a perfectly reasonable question and evidently you have shit for an answer

This

They rely on their other senses. Did you know androids have an amazing sense of smell?

you should try and read before you reply

> 9/
>12
>28

Attached: 1528259723320.png (265x242, 115K)

how the fuck is that accurate? you can vote as many times as you want retard

No he asked a shitbrained question with subjectively negative questions that are vague.

Miss Saigon is, objectively, a really well constructed musical but if you find broadway musicals "cringe" and prefer normal stage plays we can't really talk constructively.

1000 people as a sample has pretty small margin of error.

>what is a sample size?

assuming everyone did vote for all 240 some examples the sample size is pretty decent for Yea Forums.

Because it's completely random & you don't get to pick what two games to vote for. We've had 39,000 votes today alone. Assuming this gets put up tommorow, we will probably reach 130,000 votes

or some autistic faggot has been voting for 3 months since that poll is from february

That's literally impossible since the thread has only been made twice, other ones were made but died after 30 minutes.

I don't think that's very likely unless someone made a bot.

you underestimate the autism in this board

That still wouldn't work because the website is RNG

look at the dates of many of the games. some were added in march. others in april. the poll has been active for months

The original Nier was better.

Even so, I haven't seen any threads anywhere organizing anything and with the frequency it shows up on the poll I'd say the most likely situation is more people on here like it than you think OR people like it enough that when compared to most other things on the list it's a favorable choice. The game sold well, it's reviewed well with users and critics, is it so surprising that people like it?

Yeah but nobody will fucking go through the trouble of voting 30,000 times.

Where do you think you are?

This, someone posted this in the thread & everything outside the top 20 (first two rows) became outdated after 5 minutes. People are voting constantly right now

Attached: vTop100.jpg (2890x2641, 3.69M)

A place where you need a hivemind to fuck with polls?

and there's like, 22 million visitors a month, nier's sold 4-5 million copies by now, there's large contingent of weeaboos, and a large contingint of people who play games, I think it's perfectly likely that people are actually voting here.

Yep seems about right from Yea Forums, although i still think Galaxy is better than Mario 64

Not even close but is a very enjoyable experience in gaming and probably the best sing player game in years

I think it's perfectly likely that discord faggots like you have been downvoting the shit out of some games. See: The Witcher 3 and Vampire: Bloodlines. Autistic weebs like you need to hang

Just cope more, Yea Forums has always been a anime website with a bias for japanese games

I didn't, I liked the witcher and bloodlines, why can't I just have a broad interest?

People just skip games they don't like or pick the one they hate the least. There are no voting agenda's you faggot, people just have fun picking their favorites

deluded weebs. your garbage weeb poll is trash

According to Yea Forums Ocarina of Time is still the best game of all time.

Will the GOAT ever be dethroned?

But I just said I liked the witcher? I'm looking forward to cyberpunk, I want obsidian to get fallout back, I just like eastern things too.

though some people count Poland as eastern don't they?

This site was made solely for discussing anime, if you don't like it then get the fuck off this site

>dumbed down Bayonetta's mechanic
No

Well that's kinda what being the goat means. It seemed like it was time but Yea Forums cant let go yet

I feel like it may lose some favor as some of the older players are outnumbered by younger ones.

Then again young folks seem to like it too and i wouldn't be surprised to see a switch version of a touch up.

Or maybe a collection of all previous zeldas?

It's pacing, storytelling, soundtrack & dungeons are honestly flawless. And the camera angles are so perfectly designed that it actually feels like Hyrule is this massive world. Like look at Ganon for example, he looks like someone from fucking Shadow of the Colossus

Attached: Ganon Fight.jpg (800x440, 179K)

There was a survey posted on here that showed the age, weight & number of virigins of the highest trafficked boards. Yea Forums had the 2nd youngest board (20), healthiest & least amount of virgins behind Yea Forums whose average age was like 18

Even though it has its flaws, I agree completely, well put.
Part of why I'm okay with it not being dethroned is that the more it resists the more proof it's actually the goat and every consolidated art medium needs it.

BOTW laid the groundwork for the perfect Zelda game, if they bring back Miyamoto & Koizumi as directors i can see them surpassing OOT with next year's sequel

well that's good to know then.

Play Nier

it is.
I'm going fucking crazy that there's isnt nothing like it. I just keep replaying it

I would say so. Not many games can say they're 10/10, but this one is it.