What does Yea Forums think of Hyper Light Drifter?

What does Yea Forums think of Hyper Light Drifter?

Attached: HLD_Screenshot_01_rise_1080.png.jpg (1920x1080, 194K)

It met my expectations perfectly, and thus earned a spot in my top 10 or so favorite games.
>simple mechanics
>varied combat situations
>satisfying "mini-bossl clusterfuck battles
>vague story that didn't take itself too seriously
>no narration
>perfect ost
>pretty aesthetics

It gets pretty close to being a perfect game. There aren't any glaring flaws at all.

/thread
great game

It's good. It needs more content, though.

Unfinished, the way the secrets are found are dumb, because they're basically in hidden walls.

The combat is okaying.

A fun game that Yea Forums hates because Sarkeesian donated to the kickstarter. Yes, they're that stupid.

Wow, I retroactively hate this game I thought was great.

incompetent in essentially every aspect except concept

Explain.

the fact that you pretend to like the ost is the most egregious of your numerous lies
were you one of the contractors that doesn't understand perspective that worked on the game

I can agree that some secrets are dumb but you can generally find most of them if you look out for these small square symbols on the floor which signifies a secret is nearby

Attached: 665910741_preview_secret_symbol.jpg (956x536, 97K)

30fps

I forgot to mention that you can also interact with a few of them that some times can give you a small showcase of an invisible path like in the pic

I beat it at launch and it was fine. Have they updated the game in any major way?

Was it ever explained why this specifically looks like an Evangelion mech?

>Saw a physical release on some fan site
>Came with large map poster, full color guide, and reversible boxart for a whole 30 freedombux
Why is it that cheap indieshit can pack so much extra shit in a box when full retail big publisher games at best include an advertisement for their other garbage

Attached: IMG_20190511_234745.jpg (771x938, 143K)

Not sure about updates but apparently there was a Switch release a few months back with some new content. There's also a 3D pseudo sequel coming in the same universe.

Attached: Solar-Ash-Kingdom.jpg (1280x720, 125K)

??

Pros
>Boss fights are all good
>Combat is simple but satisfying
>Music is all really good
>Decent length
Cons
>Environment art has depth issues
>Lack of weapon and ability variety, weak RPG elements.
>Lack of enemy variety
>Platforming and puzzles are too simple and boring, stuff like the crushers are annoying because of the depth issues.
>Exploration feels off, its mostly just looking for the ground symbol or just checking every ledge
>There is a bit too much progression gating, key doors are especially annoying given how hard some of them are to find to get nothing for it
>The health system, you always have to scrounge for health kits, they removed fill up on warps for no reason.
Overall decent game, wish the alt Drifter was more unique.

These symbols should've been bigger.

Played trough half of the game, got a save breaking bug, asked into the support page and never got an answer.
Then waited for the update in hope for a fix and the antivirus found a infected file so i decided to delete it while asking for a refound that was never accepted.
Fuck this game and their creators.

Attached: 1555721996318.jpg (683x1024, 82K)

I do enjoy the soundtrack. I even downloaded it on my computer and listen to it sometimes while doing other things. It fits the game perfectly and adds to the atmosphere. All of Disasterpeace's work is like this.

As for perspective issues, I see agree with you somewhat, but it isn't something that bothers me even in the slightest. I didn't really realize it until I saw someone complain about it here.

Love the artstyle and music (still listen to the OST when I'm in a mood)
Combat feels good once you get in the flow and it has the right amount of challenge. The arenas were a nice addition for those seeking even more challenge (fuck soccer though)
The setting, lack of dialogue, animal-like npc's, and overall tone reminded me a lot of Samurai Jack especially the episodes where he just wanders and does a little good for an area/people that need it
Also I first played it after getting my heart broken for the first time and it was exactly what I needed at the time so it will always hold a special place in my heart

I don't know why but it just doesn't tickle my pickle. I expected that I'd love it, I don't know why I don't.