What are games you really enjoy but are irredeemable dogshit at?

What are games you really enjoy but are irredeemable dogshit at?

Attached: RocketLeague.jpg (616x353, 51K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=symBbmO4MP8
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I'm at diamond and have around 600 hours.

Yea Forums really doens't talk about this as much as it should given how it lacks so much of what is cancerous about modern 'e-sports'.

aahhh Rocket League, the game that tries so hard to be an e-sport, even tho it's too good to become one

i think with epic buying it they can now put more money into their esports scene

the problem with rocket league is that you're good or bad depending the people you play against, in this case your own team or the terrible servers.

I'm at Plat 3 in Solo-Standard and have about 800.

It's pretty crazy how much steep the learning curve is for this game. The devs really are fucking geniuses.

you could say that about any sport
you should be able to get yourself up to a ranking that you belong at if you play enough matches

there's not really much to talk about, the game's been out since 2015 and there's really not much different since then, I don't even know what stories of playing the game I could share.

>thought the ball wouldn't go in
>flick it
>it does

There's no story, transformative content, drama (until recently) to really sustain a thread.

and Yea Forums ain't gonna be the place to discuss high level training or strats either.

Attached: face.jpg (342x291, 17K)

I stopped playing before the first Battle Pass was released, was at Plat 3 with my duos partner. Way more than 600 hours. Just got depressing. It got to the point of good matches that were close, or just utterly dominate. Hitting your peak mid-tier feels bad.

is there anything new people are doing that youve been seeing?
idk if it has a name but that ceilng drop upside down shot move seemingly came out of nowhere a little bit ago
havent noticed anything else cool

wish i could like this game
but everyone is suck a fucking tryhard in it its insane
i wish espoets didnt exist
i just want to have fun
yea im bad just pit me with other bads

also kb controls are really really bad in it

it's pretty outdated by now, the best thing they can do is to milk players, with more subscription and purchasable content

This, desu. Not sure what there really is to discuss besides it being a fucking great game full of angry basedboys.

It's pretty amazing just how angry and childish people can get when they lose in this game. Either the vast majority of people playing it really are children or they are just immature retards. Or even more likely, both.

>have a few bad games
>derank
>playing with worse players
>cant trust them or make plays with them because they dont have the skill to keep up
>derank further
>am now in scrub tier and dominate
>get back to where I was
>repeat

I'm actually happy when I see the other person connecting has a Psy net display pic because it means i know they won't be able to send dumb shit over text chat in time.

maybe more tournaments with higher prize payouts will get more people interested
I dont like esports but I want the game overall to do well because I play it almost everyday

has anyone ever been able to understand a single word anyone has ever said over the in game voice chat?

It really sucks when they just give up and either start sabotaging their own team. At least when they leave the game entirely then you can quit whenever you like, but when they stay in game and start shooting on their own goal it's pretty insufferable.

Attached: 1525827228941.gif (315x174, 1.39M)

>drink beer while playing
>lose every single game I play while drinking
>derank like a madman and grow more and more agitated while it happens
>takes another week to get back up in rank

I'm starting to think this isn't a good game to play when I want to day-drink.

yeah, I get you, but people play it all around the globe, and the streams aren't that popular... I'd love if they could mantain the game in its current state... adding new content just when you're starting to lose interest a bit, to keep you engaged even more
as of now, it's the game I play the most

happens to me when I get tired and want to just go out with a win but keep losing and deranking

what I don't get is when you solo queue with randoms who then get all pissy at me if I don't play perfectly.

Like how is annoying your team mate going to make them play better? If you're solo queuing you have already forfeited the right to expect a good team mate every game, when I solo queue and get a team mate who fucks up I tell them "no problem" and encourage them (even if it was a problem and they were just fucking awful) because what is me shitting on them going to achieve? I wanna win here, why would I be angry and make them play worse.

Attached: angry birb pets.jpg (600x800, 97K)

i always thought they should try a mode that was like a racing mode with crazy tracks that required skill to manuever through
kind of like jet car stunts
i feel like there is things they can do with their game engine and physics
youtube.com/watch?v=symBbmO4MP8

it's most likely immature literal kids
I always say no problem when they fuck up
or sorry if I fuck up
Im doing my best, I assume theyre doing their best, no use getting mad
when people get mad at me for fucking up my drive to try harder lessens

>imagine a racing game

It's usually the person doing the least amount of constructive work who does shit like this. I guess they've lost so many games in a row that they're just fed up and can't even be pleasant enough to work with people they have every reason to encourage.

Apparently people really do get fucking mad and lose their cool, especially when they have a big ego about it. A friend of mine is really good at the game and literally acts like the most toxic piece of shit imaginable when something goes wrong or someone makes a mistake. He just can't control the impulse to be abusive to his teammates when he becomes frustrated.

It's baffling and really fucking annoying, but there must be some definite aspect of human psychology that is responsible for this phenomenon. People with poor sportsmanship must have something wrong with them that makes them incapable of dealing with loss in a constructive way.

It's fun spamming nice shot when they miss or shoot into our goal by accident.
I dunno guys, you guys are projecting some shit lmao. I just think of it as fun banter.
Now if you were on mic and going "oh my god you retard.....just fucking uninstall the game." then yeah you're going too far.

Imagine an 5 vs 5 volleyball game, or an 8 v 8 rugby... sounds so much fun, they should implement them as casual modes, and remove basketball and dropshot from the ranked tier

I'm not talking about just spamming "wow" a few times.

i just find it unoriginal and annoying
hard to tell tone and things just through text
idk if youre actually getting pissed or just fucking around

People can usually tell the difference between banter and salt even if there is a fine line between them. Taunting your opponents is one thing, but shitting on your own teammates is usually going to result in a bitter loss.

People who have mastered wave dashing (relativley new) into their dribbles are fucking insane.

not sure what that is, any links to a vid of it?

it's fun in casual, sure, but at ranked, when you're really trying to focus on the game, and begging that your partner doesn't screw up, reading that sarcastic "Nice save!" puts you off

I guess. I don't mind a little spitthrowing against teammates. Adds a little "I'll show you."
Spam nice save back. If he's gonna be a lil bitch make him screech out like a lil bitch loooll

>and there's really not much different since then

Dude, the original game didn't even have dropshot, the best mode in the game. Even recently they added shit like ball spin physics for casual matches based off a mod some dudes made.

What you mean is it doesn't have 'heroes' which constantly have cancerous 'updates' that change the meta around ever so often and instead it's based around a core set of skills that you develop over hundred of hours + mode specific tactics. If the game was more popular, to a LoL extent, then we could possibly have prize tournaments for crazy new modes, since the physics supports all that.

RL is just stuck in a weird spot where it' too 'nerdy' for people who play sportsball simulator 20XX, but not geeky enough for the kinds of people who play the fantasy tactics games that are so popular.

it's one of those games that you like them for the mechanics or you don't... with other games, people may like them because of the characters, because of the graphics, the envoronments, the universe, the story, etc... in this case it's all about game mechanics. Problem is, if Epic is trying ot appeal to a bigger market, then they are going to change that.

I suck at most roguelikes but I really enjoy fucking around in them. cdda especially

>Problem is, if Epic is trying to appeal to a bigger market, then they are going to change that.

See, I'd actually be fine with them doing stuff like adding more distinct cars that have niche advantages over the Octane as long as it doesn't delve into pay-to-be-awesome bullshit.

Hell, they could actually implement a full on 'battle car' mode like the original game was supposed to be because why the hell not. The game already supports all kinds of crazy shit and mods officially and only focuses on Soccar because people happened to love that mode and made it the default.

oh yeha, I'm all about adding new modes and shit, don't care too much for pay only cosmetics, tho. The problem is that maybe they could make the game "handle better", which means changing the way it plays. I don't know if I'm willing to get used to it again if that's the case. It wouldn't be the first time a developer comes into a franchise and completely "replaces" their player base.

opposite of you OP, i'm pretty good at RL (champ2) but have started to absolutely hate it. I've gotten champ rewards since season 5, but didn't even get through gold this season.
The servers have just degraded so much over the last year, every 10 seconds a hit will rubberband and its so fucking frustrating. I probably wont even bother next season.

Dead by Deadlight. thousands of hours yet I can't escape from a killer most of the time or I'm always the first to get downed or even killed every single fucking match.

Attached: Hxh+is+never+gonna+end+for+some+reason+or+another+_268a768d4ed518d858d62475d08978f0.jpg (640x360, 27K)

maybe with epics money they'll get more stable servers
i havent noticed that big of a problem with the servers