Why did crouch-jump completely die all of a sudden? I haven't seen it implemented in a videogame since 2005

Why did crouch-jump completely die all of a sudden? I haven't seen it implemented in a videogame since 2005

Attached: 015-cereal-guy.png (521x521, 77K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=zs1IKZv8YyY
files.catbox.moe/q2dbtt.mp4
youtube.com/watch?v=zd7Uuq208yI
youtube.com/watch?v=gX1FmeytspI
twitter.com/AnonBabble

because "x to vault" is apparently better

Because it's a retarded """""mechanic"""""

Halo 3, release date 2007

Because it's literally retarded, try to crouch-jump something IRL and send me the video so I can laugh at how you fall on your face

youtube.com/watch?v=zs1IKZv8YyY

this

this

People do it in parkour

Too complex for zoomers.

I have been curious for years after watching that video, is it actually possible to beat that game without crouch jumping? There's a guy on youtube who does "is it possible to complete X game without doing Y" and I sent him over 20 e-mails and the fucker still doesn't deliver.

Attached: Capture.png (204x209, 80K)

while running. doing it without momentum like in half-life is a guaranteed trip to the ground

Crouch jumping is something many gymnastics do, and like another user said, freerunners use it as well. It’s less friction to completely clear an obstacle instead of vaulting over it

why is it even called crouch jump when you actually jump crouch

TF2 2007

>it not realistic so it bad!

Attached: 664.jpg (558x614, 18K)

It's still a rare scenario even there. You should ask for half life without any jumping

People do it in real life for exercise you stupid fucking virgin

platforming in FPS games generally speaking is well left in the past

So 2007 is the year crouch jump died? why

Attached: 1487339057711.jpg (500x379, 29K)

Because nobody ever cared

Halo 5 still has crouch jumping even with the ability to climb on shit, using crouch jump let’s you move around faster and you can still shoot while crouch jumping so it is better in all cases to do so.

console plebs are too casuals to do it

>all of a sudden
I know it's correct, but I've never heard anyone say this out loud. News anchors and announcers all seem to say "all the sudden." Is this a regional dialect thing?

obsessed

Mordhau does it, but it also does vaulting

It was phased out in favor of grabbing ledges.
I do prefer crouch jump for first person games since it's faster but it's not a massive loss.

Crouch jumping literally works.
My vertical is

Halo 5 released 2015.

Attached: Halo_Guardians.png (275x350, 133K)

Too hard to do on a controller

Wait how the fuck could you ply ay half life and not understand the crouch jump when it's in the fucking tutorial?

There are a couple of other you tubers who do similar things. Maybe try asking around.

Ti's a shame

>binding crouch to something retarded like pressing the joystick you need to use to move

People really give shit to phil for this, but actually when you watch the full list of his videos on this game, the exact moment the tutorial told him about crouch jump an enemy jumped on him, scared him and made him lose all focus on the tutorial.

Do you not bend your knees when you jump dude?

English is not my native language so I used "all of a sudden" since it's a direct translation

I forgot the timestamp but fuck you it's still proof it works.
files.catbox.moe/q2dbtt.mp4

>groundpounding

youtube.com/watch?v=zd7Uuq208yI

I mean it is a platformer, but most platformers in general don't have crouch jumps.

Attached: file.png (1024x1002, 1.3M)

You're literally retarded.
youtube.com/watch?v=gX1FmeytspI

Attached: 1474018732968.jpg (880x757, 63K)

It was collateral damage in the crusade against skill based movement.

this was someones last moments

I like the idea of skill based movement but the whole thing with sliding and jumping to maintain momentum in titanfall 2 is kind of dumb.
But at the same time it feels nice to fucking style on people that can't do it.

Metro Exodus. Because sometimes the vaulting doesn't work on angled surfaces.

If they were my last moments how did I upload it numbnuts
Unless you mean the person filming.

>Unless you mean the person filming.
so you admit it, huh?

payday 2

Attached: file.png (500x497, 417K)

rude

Oh yeah. And rocket jumping is totally realistic.It should be removed from games.

Standard controls have been circle/X to crouch since Modern Warfare

this but unironically

What about bhopping?
I'm still bummed out that I can't zip around the map in CSS anymore.

Attached: .jpg (1341x1006, 240K)

he's DSP. he's retarded.