Can we talk about How good is this game?

Can we talk about How good is this game?

Attached: Screenshot_20190510-020506~2.png (707x638, 689K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=xB6XKsE43KQ
youtube.com/watch?v=_kewmJip6TQ
youtube.com/watch?v=TfcMBojGdfM
youtube.com/watch?v=WjsnShytfzo
youtube.com/watch?v=EVFbcpi1KKI
youtube.com/watch?v=q0WqykbAbl8
youtube.com/watch?v=Jln_KBWFvfw
youtube.com/watch?v=gq2xoIMlzqs
youtube.com/watch?v=y7432aq7frU
youtube.com/watch?v=3B5I3frNnnw
youtube.com/watch?v=gLae0O1cy_I
gameinformer.com/2018/10/18/monolith-soft-says-a-xenoblade-chronicles-x-switch-port-would-be-too-expensive
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>3DS version
>good

Attached: 1546452172467.png (1540x1069, 1.01M)

With 2 existing, the fanbase won't let you.

It's shit.
I've honestly never heard such shitty bong accents, if I were part of the enhanced interrogation program I would make people listen to the dialog of this game.

Whose more cancerous, the Smashfags who only know Shulk, or the Xenoblade 2 secondaries?

We can't because of shitposters like and who try to cause a fanbase war over a franchise they don't play

Attached: Shulk shrug.png (698x515, 209K)

>Shitty bong accents
Adam Howden does the best dubbing in any Jap video game ever in this game, you uncultured swine

Attached: 942.jpg (1920x1080, 170K)

What did the 3DS do and why should i play it over Dolphin with HD textures

I've played every Xenoblade game and Xenogears. Refuse to touch Xenosaga.

great pic

thread's already devolved into shitflinging so I'll just post this here

Attached: Xeno threads.png (1058x1146, 700K)

Sure. Pyra or Mythra? They're both cute. Cute!

Attached: Ch7Sg6.png (2560x1440, 3.62M)

Neither

Attached: 1549916419469.jpg (680x870, 154K)

Attached: 1556472664358.jpg (1200x763, 200K)

Xenoblade Chronicles
>interesting for the time
>graphics horrifically dated
Xenoblade Chronicles X
>really interesting from the beginning
>graphics are beautiful, ESPECIALLY for Wii U
Xenoblade Chronicles 2
>generic JRPG anime shit
>graphics are Tales

they got one good game I guess
xenogears

Mythra's skillset is one of the best ones, all Pyra does is set up a red orb.

To be fair, Xenoblade 1 was made on hardware barely stronger than what Xenosaga was made on.

Sure but it still looks dated as fuck.
I'm not blaming them, just hard to play for that reason

Xenoblade 1 is unironically the most by-the-books, play-it-safe generic JRPG plot of any Xeno game
Not that that's a bad thing since its the most complete and best-executed plot of the entire series, but it's really straightforward compared to its predecessors and successors.

Attached: Riki shiggy diggy.png (814x581, 240K)

I don't know man, Rex and his constant motivational speeches in the last stretch? That shit was rough

That's pretty much Shulk too.

I played with an HD mod on dolphin for that reason.

That's not the same game.

youtube.com/watch?v=xB6XKsE43KQ

Attached: Xenoblade Chronicles X.png (1000x500, 939K)

It is, it just looks better.

You can play it anywhere. That's literally it as far as positives go, but being able to play a huge RPG from the comfort of my bed was definitely incentive enough for me to get it.

okay, this is epic

Also honestly the 3DS version looks just as good as the Wii version.
That's pretty commendable.

It isn't though?
Fucking 190p resolution running at 15fps with a non existent gameplay is fucking atrocious.

youtube.com/watch?v=_kewmJip6TQ

Attached: 02df32c7f56a9a98aac393c7c97e0747.jpg (710x1005, 151K)

Xenoblade 2 fans
At least Smashfags won't stick around the threads, and can't really say anything more than "feeling it"

I don't know if it's 50 hours worth of Stockholm Syndrome making me like this song, but I unironically enjoy it now.

Attached: 1519961564093.jpg (240x240, 15K)

The entire Xeno series belongs in the trash.

Attached: blargh.jpg (240x240, 33K)

>No Switch version of 1/X so I can play a good Xenoblade game in my bed

Attached: 1544464961329.png (540x438, 201K)

Wondered about these games. The exploration looks great, especially in X but the combat looks dull as fuck.

But you can play Xenoblade X on your bed

youtube.com/watch?v=TfcMBojGdfM

Attached: 1484628961137.jpg (655x900, 351K)

Are you really trying to say it's worss that people know about the series and can talk about it?

I prefer Cauldros Night.

Oblivia Day > Mor Ardain Day

Can we talk about how pathetically awful the Xenoverse 2 artwork is?

>OP clearly wants a thread about the 3ds version of XBC
>gearsfag wont shut up about gears and posts his gears picture again

the worst part is that you don't even realize the irony

it's tolerable and technically impressive, but obviously dolphin is the definitive way to play this game.

They'll make arguments on why the game is bad to make their "flawless" game look better

Do you not have a tv in your bedroom? FUCKING RETARD!

Combat is good. Probably the best combat you can get from a JRPG this decade. It's just super complex in X. Luckily, there are guides on how to cheese the combat so you don't have to worry about it.

Both 1 and 2 have some ridiculous cheese as well. But all 3 are fun if you actually play them instead of doing exploits in 1, you can get to level 50 1 hour into the game through an exploit

Attached: Xenoblade Chronicles X exploration.webm (854x480, 2.53M)

The sounds are way worse though which is a problem because the game's strongest features are excellent world design and sound design. Holds true throughout the Xenoblade games.

Nobody calls it flawless you retard.

Attached: Pancakes.jpg (462x768, 93K)

TOP 3 FAVORITE AREAS/CONTINENTS IN ANY XENOBLADE GAME GO

1. Satorl Marsh
2. Noctilum
3. Valak Mountain

Fuck of wafflefag!

ty user maybe i'll give it a shot.

XB2 fanbase in a nutshell

I'll give Mor Ardain some credits here for being the only really great field theme in 2 while Oblivia has to compete against Noctislum and Cauldros
...I should really give another listen to 2's soundtrack, i'm sure putting only mor ardain in my selection is a waste, but something about most of the good tracks in 2 really doesn't feel right outside of the game itself

Attached: file.png (1920x1040, 467K)

Smashfags. They made it nearly impossible to discuss XCX for the first few months of release and still make it impossible to discuss XC2 2 years after release because XCX was too sci-fi and less story focused than XC1 and pretended XC2 isn't just the same exact thing as XC1 with an anime skin.
I feel bad for the actual XC1 fanbase because before Shulk got into Smash it was actually really chill.

why does lin have monados in her hair anyways god her character sucked

I'd say to give the combat an honest try at first, and if you don't like it, just break the games and play that way.

Attached: Vortex.webm (640x360, 2.57M)

The Gormott theme in The Golden Country was jazzy as fuck.
youtube.com/watch?v=WjsnShytfzo

Attached: 1537209452343.jpg (904x1024, 150K)

Gormott Day is unironically my favorite field theme. I don't know why, but I just really like it. Uraya isn't half bad either, but nothing special, and Tantal is easily the worst of the 3 "snowy" areas, though still good.

That being said

Gormott Day > Oblivia Day > Noctilum Day > Sylvalum Night > Cauldros Night > Noctilum Night > Primordia Day > Valak Night > Mor Ardain Day > Tantal Night > Sylvalum Day > Cauldros Day > the rest

While I think X's soundtrack is the weakest of the 3, I also think it has the best field themes, and also Wir Fliegen, Theme X, and Melancholia, which are 3 of the best tracks in the series.

1. Mechonis Field
2. Uraya
3. Bionis Leg

She thought they looked cool. Also, the Nopon have the Monado in X. Or rather, a Noponified replica. And Lin is basically the Nopon Whisperer.

Attached: 1535449318551.png (1343x1080, 355K)

Damn that is some pretty good shit, i always liked the melody in Gormott but something about the violin sounded artificial and it bugged me
Could only play 2 minutes of Torna, i was on a time limit with the switch

Attached: 1550428199726.jpg (283x288, 26K)

Xenoblade 1 is still my favorite JRPG. I very rarely give a shit about JRPGs outside of completing the main story but the feeling of exploring the world and getting to know the people, mixed with an actual enjoyable battle system kept me so invested in this game. Thank you based Monolith Soft

2 had an excellent OST though I will say most of it is very chill music

i have a playlist full of chill and comfy rpg music that i play at night when i go to bed because i have problems with sleep paralysis and the music always seemed to help ward it off and give me something to focus on during episodes, like half of the xenoblade 2 ost is on it

All of the new tracks in Torna were so fucking good. I would kill for a full-length soundtrack in that style.
youtube.com/watch?v=EVFbcpi1KKI

Xenoblade X 2 when?

Attached: 1471233777617.jpg (700x650, 165K)

Uraya is so gorgeous.
Running through it for the first time while the music between 1:44 to 2:56 plays is magical
youtube.com/watch?v=q0WqykbAbl8

Attached: Kinoblade 2 Uraya.jpg (2133x1200, 2.27M)

In 7 months

Attached: 1541287989963.jpg (240x210, 6K)

Not good at all. It's held back by the worst combat system I have ever played.

Uraya really was the highlight of 2. It was pretty much downhill from there, in terms of continent design. Mor Ardain sucked to navigate, and they just gave up on level design with Temperantia and Genbu. I wish the entire game was as good as Gormott, Uraya, and Morytha.

why does Xenoblade Chronicles turn to such shit?
I was having so much fun, and then after the first visit to prison Island it just turned into a slog where I had to grind to progress for the first time, even with doing all the quests I could find. Combat is really great when it is against a similarly leveled boss, but against mobs it is just a chore and a lot of party comps aren't viable anymore. This is about when the story gets shit too, I lost a lot of my investment when Shulk stops Dunban from killing Mumkar I am pretty mad. I thought it was refreshing that the protagonists were straight up out for revenge and then they hit me with that gay "if you kill them you'll be just like them" bullshit.

Is it known why they decided to make so many blades gacha hell and character locked when some of the DLC blades aren't? Is it generally agreed upon that the game was arguably rushed for a 2017 release? Some of the UI experiences like map , and too many button clicks required for shit felt really retarded after Xenoblade 1.

don't mind me, these are the two greatest tracks in the series

youtube.com/watch?v=Jln_KBWFvfw
youtube.com/watch?v=gq2xoIMlzqs

I want to play xenoblade 1, but fuck if I'm playing it on a tiny screen or getting a wii for it.

Maybe it's just me, but I found Uraya's music to be a little forgettable. It's pleasant enough to listen to but something about it is kind of...generically grandiose in comparison to the rest of the soundtrack.
Fonsa Myma Night, on the other hand, is a fucking god-tier song.
Great taste. Agniratha's music is insanely underrated.

Just get yourself one of these

Attached: vintage-pc-old-personal-computer-3d-model-max-obj-fbx-mtl.jpg (1600x1200, 165K)

Xenoblade X is the only "complete" world of the series.
Xenoblade 1 has the same flaws with world design that 2 has, with Eryth Sea just being a bunch of glorified branching hallways, and everything after Valak Mountain being linear as fuck.

Both games become really linear around the second half.

Hopefully Xenoblade 3 is more like Xenoblade X in this regard.

I think the Blade system in its entirety was flawed from the getgo. Field skills, gacha blades, everything. As good as the game was, it had some serious fundamental flaws that held it back from being as good as the other 2.

Xenoblade games are like diamonds where one side is polished to perfection, and the other is hideous.

It's pretty good, but the Wii version is the better one.

Is there any hope we'll get a port of X to the Switch? I got it on Wii U but never got around to playing it, and having it on the go would be really nice.

Some the grinding gets worse later on when you're almost at the end. The fucking boss with physical resistance made me want to kill myself. I feel like the story gets better though so you should stick with it, thought that part was weak

Even then, X did the whole "branching linear paths" concept really well with Noctilum, where the middle 1/3rd is split into 3 distinct sections - the mountain/bay, the midlands, and the highlands. It was a blast to explore Noctilum even though it was a glorified pachinko machine, while Eryth Sea and Leftheria blew chunks.

Is any cutscene track in the Xenoblade games more underrated than Grandeur?
youtube.com/watch?v=y7432aq7frU

Xfags blaming XC2 fans are definitely worse.

Probably not as underrated, but people doesn't talkt about this track nearly as much as they should youtube.com/watch?v=3B5I3frNnnw

Attached: AbelSS.png (704x396, 630K)

Maybe, but it'll be after Monolith's next game at the earliest. Takahashi said they ran out of money and resources to port over X. No idea why they don't leave it to Nintendo or some 3rd party to port it over, but whatever.

Expect Xenoblade 3 and their new series first.

I'm currently emulating it and yeah, it's pretty good, can't believe it took me this long to play it.

Attached: 4534634634.jpg (2560x1080, 793K)

>tfw the second time it plays

Attached: 1518704140490.jpg (350x336, 31K)

Takahashi said it would cost too much to port it, I guess that's a resounding no.

I'd rather have remaster of the first game.

>No idea why they don't leave it to Nintendo or some 3rd party to port it over
Probably 'cause just straight porting it would make the game a nightmare to play

Real talk, with how much Monolith expanded after 2's unprecedented succes, do youl'll think we'll get a"perfect" Xeno game in the future
One that has that extra level of graphical and gameplay polish, with an amazing soundtrack and top-notch writers, one that combines all of the positives of the past three games into one kinoblade singularity?
I can dream, it might not even be that farfetched with recent circumstances

Attached: Inquisitive Mario.png (345x375, 180K)

Forgot about how fucking bad field skill gating was, then having to shuffle blades. Got even worse when the check's on a ladder and you can't blade swap on a ladder. How the hell that shit got through is beyond me.

Some of the blade skills in the affinity chart are awful too like Ursula's new groove. I haven't maxed out Pyra because I don't want to grind for cooking ingredients.

Honestly? No. And I'm okay with that.

This game truly sucks, but it's just another Takahashi meme where he makes a game and it only becomes good after 50 hours, which is everything he made after Xenogears

but retards in here are ready to say a game is 10/10 because the ending was good and it has three (3) dumbass twists.

I had no access to the internet while i played 2, had the Code Geass chick for my entire 50 hour playthrough and never got to unlock her lvl 2 in the afinity chart what the fuck did she want from me

Attached: image.png (997x1269, 1016K)

They're bound to get it right one day if they keep trying, that's how things work.

You have to complete 'good deeds' for NPCs with trophy icons above their heads. For example, buying cookies in Indol or throwing money down to the refugee camp, paying back the dude in Argentum Rex forgot to pay in the beginning of the game, helping a kid in Mor Ardain get a cylinder, etc.
The counter glitched out for me (it's meant to be retroactive, but I had already done a bunch of the little missions and they weren't being counted), and I wasn't able to advance her chart it until well into the postgame. It fucking sucked.

>They're bound to get it right one day if they keep trying, that's how things work.
If only... If only...
t. a 3D Sonic fan

>implying they didn't get it right already more than once

I'm a cynical and pessimistic person but considering how game freak apparently full retard with the pokemon series and how they apparently randomly mix and match good and bad shit from all sorts of generations. Hopefully Monolith Soft can do better.

You wouldn't have to change all that much. Just the map and the FronteirNav

With how bad Pokemon has gotten, I wonder if Game Freak was ever good, or they just got lucky.

And do something about the HUD so that it's actually readable in handheld mode, i tried playing X on the gamepad a few times, it's fucking impossible. Yet simply resizing all their shit has some real danger of clustering the screen to all hell so i really think it would need some serious redesign

>real danger of clustering the screen
Don't worry about it, the screen is already a clusterfuck anyway.

Attached: v collectively designs a HUD one element at a time.jpg (1280x720, 505K)

Would be nice to have an option to resize the remaining HUD elements when taking out others. It's amazing that Monolith included a rare and helpful option to turn off HUD elements, but they couldn't even include sound sliders.

Still better than 2's HUD. It gets so goddamned cluttered it's not even funny. X's only got bad if you didn't turn off the unnecessary parts and got in a skell.

Is there a better couple in vidya? Or at least Nintendo games?

Attached: shulk_fiora.jpg (900x900, 157K)

youtube.com/watch?v=gLae0O1cy_I

Not really. All the information on 2's HUD is easy to parse and vital for the fight. It took me two playthroughs to realize each art description has an icon symbolizing what weapon it's tied to, that I can lock on limbs by pressing the left stick and I still can't figure out all of the debuff and buff icons.

I realized that on my first playthrough. However, I didn't realize you could multiclass until I beat the game and decided to check out Yea Forums

X is definitively a read the fucking manual game, at least it saves you from having fucking tutorials even in the final stretch though i'm not allowed to complain about late tutorials anymore after Devil May Cry 5 dropped a tutorial on you on the fucking credits scene but regardless there is no saving X's buff and debuff icons, that shit is a disaster

Xenosaga is better,

Does Cemu fix X's horrible pop-in? That games runs fucking awfully on original hardware and makes it really hard to enjoy.

Attached: 1555966918598.png (1060x1080, 476K)

There's no real easy way to label buffs/debuffs in JRPGs nowadays. Even Dragon Quest 11 struggles with it, and Ys and Tales of gave up on having debuffs entirely.

Cemu has its on share of problems with audio and brightness, though that was some builds ago and i don't know if they got fixed
Reading the graphic packs on recent CEMU version there does seem to have an option regarding LOD
X was doomed from the start for having all kinds of silly buffs like doing better during a fucking aurora and all other kind of silly shits, but the basic icons could definitively be improved upon, the "melee/ranged damage/accuracy up" only difference between them is a very small crosshair indicating if it's accuracy and a whatever it was indicating damage over the exact same icon of the gun or sword, they could defintively make the crosshair bigger or with a color that makes it stand out to make you realize you got a accuracy buff not a damage buff

I just memorized what buffs I got through reading up on the weather and reading my arts. It wasn't that big of a deal. That being said, it would be nice, if a bit cluttered, if you got an aura depending on the buffs, that way you could tell at a glance.

I remember some speculation about what counted since I played right when it came out and of course everyone was having this issue.

You know if they fixed this?

I think so? I vaguely remember seeing something about it show up in the patch notes, and I haven't seen anyone asking about it in ages, so my guess is it's fixed.

I do know that every NPC involved has a trophy icon over their head, but not all trophy NPCs have something to do with her affinity chart.

I finally played this on my wii a couple months ago and it was a fuckin blast. Time to break out X and XC2 to round out the year.

forgot pic.

Attached: now it's reyn time.jpg (2700x3450, 2.4M)

Post the Melia webm, you know the one

Attached: image.png (750x702, 457K)

This?

Attached: 1538170386772.webm (454x340, 2.02M)

not quite, but you have the right idea

Attached: I'm so fucked up.gif (416x321, 2.88M)

user, I don't know if you're still here, but can you post your playlist please?

good job

shulk chose wrong

but that's a gif

>shulk chose wrong
You can't look at Fiora's belly and tell me with a straight face that Shulk chose wrong user, just no.

Attached: fiora.png (163x700, 191K)

Belly? Where?

Attached: 95403.jpg (1270x985, 132K)

Here user.

Attached: fiora-xc2.png (503x1091, 467K)

This.

Seriously though, I have the 3DS version, and generally prefer rpgs on mobile consoles.
Give me a rundown on how bad the port is.

Were there any changes? How are load times? Do the music and voice acting sound worse?Does it still have dual audio? UI better? Worse? Do those large areas have any issues maintaining FPS?
I played up to some waterfall area when I was 16 on Wii but got burnt out trying to find ALL the sidequests.

>Does it still have dual audio?
No, the 3DS version doesn't have the JP audio option.

It's portable. Portable fucking Xenoblade.

That's not the worst thing I could imagine. It sounds okay for a Jrpg.
How's everything else?

The port is generally pretty good and comfortable to play, didn't notice any downgrade as far as sounds go. The texture and resolution are the only things that took a hit when ported. No dual audio though not that it matters because the dub is legit one of the better ones out there.. UI is fine, had no issues with it. Only noticed FPS drops during rain or battles against numerous enemies, but nothing game-ruining.

Doing all sidequests will just result in you being either burned out or overleveled, the game has way too many so don't overdo it.

>Takahashi said it would cost too much to port it
You'd better provide a sauce on that claim.

>Perun
>Code Geass chick
I don't get the connection.

Attached: 1529996199487.jpg (433x380, 25K)

gameinformer.com/2018/10/18/monolith-soft-says-a-xenoblade-chronicles-x-switch-port-would-be-too-expensive

Nigga just look at her face she's obviously has the same character design as Code Geass

Fuck this gay Earth

Attached: 1534357804398.jpg (800x450, 87K)

I played the 3DS version, it was great experience, specially with the 3D effect on.

Thx for the help. I really want to get into the Xenoblades, but my backlog of jrpgs is pretty huge.
Are the many missable items or quests in the game? Are there any truly interesting sidequests that unlock new skills, or new areas, or strong enemies? It was all pretty much just killing or collection x-number of shit iirc.

See I guess XCX turned out to be a bit expensive and it didn't make a lot of profit in the end or maybe not as much as they expected, plus there might not be a huge demand for it on Switch anyway, so diminishing returns. Nowadays people insist on rumours even though it's been debunked to push the narrative "lel evry Wii U game will be on Switch" or simply to validate the so called "insiders" in places.

NO NO NO NO

>Give me a rundown on how bad the port is.
Who told you that, it's not a bad port at all. Obviously Dolphin is better if you're a graphicsfag but the 3DS version is still a good way to play the game.

There are multiple areas in the game that become inaccessible after certain story events, all sidequests in those areas expire when they become inaccessible. All sidequests that expire at a certain point in the game are marked with a clock icon though. The items in the areas can be acquired from other sources, but it’s quite the hassle when compared to just collecting items while the areas are still open. There are sidequests to unlock the 4th and 5th skill trees for every party member, but these are locked behind completing a lot of other quests in their areas. IMO, the best sidequests in the game are those that come at the endgame, but many of them require defeating enemies 10-20 levels above the final boss, and completing them before the final boss will overlevel you enough to trivialise it.

The game will mark quests that are missable past a certain future story event with a clock icon or your quest log, so if you really intent on 100% the game, just make sure you do those before progressing the main plot too far, but even then those quests don't really give you any reward you can't get elsewhere. All quests that give tangible, unique rewards like additional character skill trees and whatnot cannot be missed

>"Right now the future is unclear, I'd like to port it but it'd cost a lot"
>"TETSUYA TAKAHASHI SAYS XENOBLADE X PORT TOO EXPENSIVE, NEVER COMING TO SWITCH"
why is games journalism so shit

>and completing them before the final boss will overlevel you enough to trivialise it.
The final boss is a joke even if you're not overleveled
x5 chain attack poison destroys his boipussi

Xc2 secondaries

Xc2 narratively dropped the fucking ball and gave up good story for big anime titties, and the fanbase of xc2 reflects that by largely being iconic weebs.

Its a shame, had xenoblade come out for the Switch in the modern era instead of coming out for the Wii only months before the WiiU released it wouldve been an absolute hit.

To be fair, it sounds like it isn't happening. Plus while Monolith Soft expanded lately I'm not sure if they could do it with everything else they seem to be doing.

Only in America it came a few months before Wii U came out, which was fully backwards compatible with Wii anyway.

How is this true at all? XB1 has a fucking genocide subplot.

Niachads rise up!

Attached: 2DEEEA43-2593-493B-B0A9-A5A9D5A86FFC.jpg (640x453, 46K)

Awesome. I love that. Sidequests with tangible rewards are sometimes hard to find. I'm glad that the game does the clock thing, I get a little autistic about trying to complete JRPGS.

That sucks about the final boss though. It's a problem in almost all RPGS though; the good late game content trivializes the challenge of the story.
The only game I have ever seen avoid this is Star Ocean 2 and its sidequest to increase the level of the final boss. And maybe Sephiroth having more HP when you use KOTR.

Why don't more games do that?

Assuming Switch isn't magically alive for 7 years outliving most game consoles beside meme games like sports and just dance, they have about 3 years to port it.

*klank* *klank*
To all you pathetic weaklings.
*ahem*
FUCK DUNBAN
FUCK MONADO BOY
FUCK HOMS
AND MOST OF ALL FUCK BIONIS

Attached: 1529848447384.png (550x300, 243K)

I should add that the 4th skill tree for every party member is available around the mid-game, but the quests that unlock them generally require high area affinity and the completion of previous sidequest chains in the area. The quests for the 5th skill trees are all locked until the endgame, and apart from Shulk’s, all require fighting Level 90+ enemies to complete, when the final boss is Level 80

Game consoles last for like 6 years, max, before they're dumped for "next gen". The Switch is 2 years old currently. Unless the Switch absorbs the 3DS' soul and lives for another 4 years after it should've been killed off, I doubt we'll get an X port on the Switch.

*klank* *klank*
the monado boy a cute

Attached: who.png (943x2038, 1.61M)

Xenoblade Chronicles 2 fixed that issue, making it so all EXP gained from sidequests and exploration is not immediately applied and instead kept in a bank of bonus experience that you can use while resting at an inn to manually level up your characters however much you feel you need to, so you can do all the sidequests you want without fear of overleveling. Sadly, 99% of sidequests in both Xenoblade 1 and 2 are very fucking boring, only X and Torna had sidequests with storylines and characters I actually gave a fuck about

X caps you at level 60 so you can never outlevel the final boss fights, only out-gear them. And getting really good gear becomes significantly easier after the final boss, so you can spend only 30 minutes grinding for a piece of equipment that would've taken you 5 hours before the final boss, incentivizing you to just take the plunge

Lastly, there’s also the reconstruction of Colony 6, an objective that spans the entire game. You need materials from all over the game’s world for this, but the problem is that some of the needed items come from areas that become permanently inaccessible, making it significantly more troublesome to complete if you didn’t get enough of the necessary items by then. The town can not be fully reconstructed until right before the final boss as the final materials are dropped by enemies in the room right before the point of no return.

I played mine undubbed dunno if it's possible in wii

Mia > Nia

Attached: 1543505260478.jpg (1280x3596, 3.84M)

Yes, it had dual audio.

All “casual” X players would never have recruited her due to how many hoops you have to jump through

I only have one thing to say about the Colony 6 quest:
>Black Liver Beans

It was almost funny how they were so common in Uraya..... almost

You are so wrong it's painful

TAKE THAT BACK
I didn't need the PTSD

Attached: latest.png (457x427, 265K)

So who suffered the most in the Xenoblade series so far? Egil? Melia? Jin? Lao? For my money it has to be Klaus. Dude literally spent a milennia by himself thinking about how he killed everyone.

Attached: The_Architect_close_up.png (480x480, 307K)

That's pretty cool. I do like it when you can level up in a menu or home base. Lower level caps are also an interesting system. I think it's interesting that level matter more mid-game but towards the end managing strategy and equipment becomes more important.

I just want to plug it real quick, but Summon Night with its Brave Point system is an entirely underrated gem of a series imho. Or at least has potential to develop into something special.

Oh yeah. Are the computer controlled characters any smarter in the 3DS version? I hated them in the Wii version. I can't remember to what extent you could control them.
I do think this game could have worked with a FF12 style gambit system.

They did the same thing for ice cabbages, and a few other items too.
They definitely fucking knew what they were doing there.

>when it all clicks and you realize everything about alvis and the monado at the end of XBC2

Attached: riegan.png (306x306, 138K)

Shame she's outclassed when you get her, though. Her signature arts are good, and she's also the cutest Xenoblade girl.

Attached: maxresdefault[1].jpg (1280x720, 165K)

>So who suffered the most in the Xenoblade series so far?
Lao

Attached: 1556657592282.jpg (1000x1250, 256K)

I hated it. You just walk around in an empty environment, collect useless items, and grind for hours and hours. Just put me out of my misery.

Attached: blm_shit.gif (498x278, 2.7M)

Wouldn't he have had Logos and Pneuma for all but the last 500 years? Sure they're AI, but it's better than nothing.

suck tranny girldick, xenokikes

This reminds me of Killer 7

How fucking incorrect. This is literally Xenoblade 2. Never have I seen so many cliches straight out of a shonen before but I'm still loving it alot.

>Posting Reigen in a virgin-free zone

Attached: 1545649401265.png (204x353, 134K)

I wanna say Jin but you're probably right, in addition he also saw how his other half was being a piece of shit in another dimension.

Why is there so much talking in X? I just started it and I already don't like NLA

Pretty sure Logos and Pneuma weren't "people"/didn't have distinct personalities Klaus could strike casual conversation with while they were busy orchestrating the Blade system. It'd be like trying to have a friendly chat with Alexa while she's busy answering tens of thousands of other user requests.

X definitely has a very high emphasis on gear.....how were you supposed to beat the Rexoskell without being carried by another player’s infinite Overdrive Blosdom Dance until you were strong enough to make your own?

xenoblade 2 has so much monadology though, about 75% as much monadology as xenogears in fact

The first 3 hours are a lot of tutorials, just like every other JRPG. After you end chapter 3, you're basically done with cutscenes and talking for another 10 hours, unless you do sidequests.

Besides looking like shit using cheats was fun

Attached: 3ds power.jpg (636x771, 168K)

Depends on the set. Getting the hits in to max out your overdrive gauge is the most important part, but you can have other set ups. I saw a guy who didn't have an infinite overdrive set up just obliterate Rexoskell and other level 80-90 superbosses by stacking electric buffs/debuffs until they used (I think it was Arcing Horn, might've been the one where you YEET your javelin) and took off 9/10ths of the boss's health in one hit.

impressive for a wii port on a 3ds, will get it on 3ds to have it on the go

The AI are just as dumb on 3DS as on Wii, but it really isn't that much of a problem except for Shulk's AI killing itself if you don't remove Battle Soul from his art palette and Melia's AI being beyond saving (seriously, only use Melia if you plan on controlling her yourself, the AI doesn't know how to play Melia)

Fuck off i haven't had a dream in months

Attached: 1557538056717.jpg (1260x900, 281K)

Now that I think about it, it must have been hard to be the first player to build that set... Ares 90 is the best way to farm high-end gear, but Ares 90 is locked behind Rexoskell and Neilnail materials, and the best way to farm them is with the high-end gear that Ares 90 is supposed to help you get..... and reward tickets aren’t really an option now because X’s online is dead

Tell us how you feel about it user.

Attached: oh.png (640x348, 337K)

So does every other Xenoblade game.

Yeah Melia was what got me.
I'm glad you could control other characters, but some many things were unique to Shulk only, that he could have been the only controllable character. So why couldn't your party have better AI? It's a little ridiculous.

>8 years later
>Monolith still haven't figured out how to program party member AI that doesn't kill itself the second you give it a HP-halving move
Is it really that hard?

Attached: 1536623893362.jpg (1080x824, 51K)

I always just used tickets to get the hard parts for Ares 90. Rarely ever used them before post game, that way I could get myself an Ares 90 after like 2 hours of boss refights.

Honestly, you can make any set have ridiculous damage output. Every single weapon is capable of killing Telethia, at least in combination with another one. Getting loads of potential, shitting out overdrive points, and then letting loose with a TP art is a surefire way to kill most enemies, even underleveled.

I've killed superbosses at level 30 in my last playthrough. All it took was... 300 hours in the game worth of knowledge.

bruh where's your neck

It took me awhile to realize why the fuck Lora kept dying. Just playing as her makes the game so much easier since she isn't always getting herself nuked with no hp.

user, they still can't program AI that goes "am standing in [HURT] area -> should reposition self", don't ask too much of them.

>Running this game with Dunban Rikki and Ryen
Holy shit so much HP, so much damage, so much manliness.

What skills should I focus on Rikki and Ryen for maximum manliness? (And to make Rikki an effective healer)

>tfw playing around poison water areas in X
>tfw Cauldros

Attached: 1326307673734.jpg (490x700, 73K)

>can program an auto-battle AI that beats enemies effortlessly
>can't make party members that don't act like fucking idiots
I think they're just sadists who keep it that way to make us suffer.

Party AI tends to be messed up in most of non turn based combat JRPGs, see Tales games.

Riki only has one healing art, but it's fucking great, so just give him that. Other than that, give him nothing but status/DoT moves and Say Sorry. Reyn should imperatively have Sword Drive for maximum damage and War Swing for AOE and maximum party gauge gain on crit

>using cheats
How do I cheat the 3DS version? I just wanna cheat for friendship gauge, money, and affinity. My old save corrupted after getting onto Mechonis, so I wanna start fresh with old stats.

>Ice Cabbage
>Black Liver Bean
>White Mortifole Feather
>Crude Neilnail Mask
>Rexoskell Sucker
>Whisper Tomato
What other items belong on this list?

Spirit Ward
Kepha Holly

Grape Springs.

Who's the best tyrant and why is it Schneider the Cliffpercher

Attached: 1449687824100.jpg (1280x720, 479K)

That fucking rice for Vess' dumplings and those moonstones you can only get by chopping off the gem on the back of the slug things in Sylvalum and are needed for crafting Potential boosting augs.

Aria the Zauberflote is the cutest. There's also this bad boy.

Attached: Perfectly safe ancient monument.png (751x340, 559K)

I always liked Infantry Support Qmoeva for some reason, the fact that it’s just there on a tiny island at the very edge of the map makes me wonder

That one crab off of the coast of Primordia. Sven the Invincible, I think. He has 100% resistance to every form of damage and like 20,000 health.

That's not how you spell Buchwald, the Guardian. Just a chill guy hanging out with his spider bros.

>That games runs fucking awfully on original hardware
Blatant lie. XCX runs at stable 30 fps on Wii U. pop-in only bad in NLA there are fuckton of Dolls and NPCs around.
Install full game into internal Wii U memory you idiot.

Attached: Mira planet.jpg (4000x3930, 3.51M)

>tfw Alfombra the Transcendant
FUCK OFF I JUST WANTED TO EXPLORE THE COOL BRIDGES YOU TRIPLE NIGGER

Attached: 1396802102022.gif (500x281, 2.9M)

I really loved how jumping around in XCX whether on foot to just find out how far I can go on my own two legs or even the pre-flight Skell jumps that felt really great in how they just cleared you out of the area you were in. It's a shame they lost that ability after flight.

I hope if they ever make an updated version of X, whether it be a port, or in a bundle with X2, that they make it so you have to double jump to fly.

Other than being portable, its worse version. Because of the tiny screen and resolution of it, its sometimes hard to look at and at times I had no idea where the fuck to go because it looks like jaggy mess. Im tempted to replay it on wiiU VC but Im afraid that sometime they'll port or remake it to switch

Yeah, but those are all minor downsides to the big upside of having it portable, and on a cheap system.

It really comes down to preference, because the audio/visual quality in the Wii version isn't anything to right home about either.

Ma-non > Nopon

Attached: 1480369374916.jpg (614x437, 163K)

Basically, it all boils down to getting the 3DS one only if you care about portability, otherwise get the Wii one either on Wii or Wii U.

Attached: shulk_xc2.png (636x1173, 638K)

I don't know man native 240p is better than xenoblade 2's shitty unoptimized ass 350p on a 720p screen

Reminder that X was the most fun Xenoblade

Attached: 1503033791211.jpg (2053x1370, 2.29M)

Ma-nons died because of pizza.

Download more RAM

Attached: Xenoblade X.jpg (1753x2000, 690K)

It's poetic. Pizza giveth joy, but too much enjoyment of pizza giveth only suffering.

Um, I was wondering what is the wecomended amount of dedotated wam that I should have?

Never forget that drawfag that was drawing everyones mims.

Attached: 1459809314209.jpg (2772x567, 873K)

Attached: 1547636275922.webm (854x480, 2.11M)

overrated shit.

Attached: pyra.jpg (455x200, 15K)

cringe and bluepilled