Do you need a high IQ to be good at fighting games?

Do you need a high IQ to be good at fighting games?

How do I git gud?

Attached: BmxULuc.png (1442x954, 301K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/_R0hbe8HZj0
sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0042698910002312
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

One of the most successful fighting game players in the world is an autistic furry. You don't need high IQ.

No

Attached: 1557378556157.png (1024x1248, 1M)

You need time and patience

And Einstein was autistic too while having a large IQ, so no

You get good by being self-analytical and honest with yourself whenever you lose and watching people who are better than you. You also need a legitimate desire to improve, not a desire to win.

Attached: 1548019091328.jpg (400x400, 38K)

If you think executing specials is the entry barrier, then you don't have a high enough IQ to play fighting games

charge specials are fucking stupid

Practice.

>wanting to join the copy-paste waifufest games

play matchces
DONT spend hours a day on training mode

Just practice like everything else in life

fighting game inputs are easy and people are stupid

i dont entirely blame them though, the games dont explain them very effectively.

like a fireball motion is
>down
>downright
>right and punch at the same time

but TONS of people think it's
>down
>downright
>right
>punch

Considering fighting games disproportionately attract blacks, a very low IQ demographic, who do well at tourneys, probably not. However, you do need good reflexes, and I haven't seen any evidence to assume that good reflexes are particular to any specific race, rather it's mostly tied to age. Once you hit 23ish, it starts going downhill, and once you're in your 30's, you most likely will find yourself having problems competing with younger players, despite the difference in experience between older and younger people.

Attached: 1557352136432-tv.jpg (400x400, 17K)

dude just fucking hold a direction while you are doing a string/combo. It's fucking easy

>he believes this shit he's saying

lol, spoken like a true 25 year old who somehow thinks he's "too old" for this specific kind of videogame

You don't need a high IQ to play fighting games. Sure it can streamline the process but anyone can do it. You have to be motivated enough, that's the most important thing. You want to improve, not win or reach some nebulous milestone (like being "good"), so if you improve you're always doing it right.

Attached: 1500919006749.jpg (1024x595, 82K)

>polshitter spouting dumb bullshit
nothing new
>fighting games are about reflexes

>Sonicfox is literally Einstein

Hahahaha

Attached: download.jpg (224x224, 6K)

This is how you improve at the novice and early intermediate level.

>do I need high IQ
hahaha fuck no
I mean, it helps as much is it does in literally everything else, but no
>how do I git gud
The answer depends on where you are and where you want to be. If you've never ever played a fighting game and never tried to figure them out then the first step is getting one of the more well-rounded games (SF4 was a huge portion of the community's first real fighter for a reason) and familiarize yourself with the basic controls. Then learn the basic systems of a fighting game (blocking high vs blocking low, how "meter" works in your game, etc.)

If you already know all your game's systems and how to play it's best to learn one or two effective combos and just start playing with people - it's the only way to actually learn how to read opponents and understand the flow of a fight. Most people at this stage are far too aggressive in neutral and far too passive when the opponent is knocked down, or entirely reliant on projectiles, will throw out tons of unsafe moves, etc., etc. Simple problems that have simple solutions when they're identified.

After a certain point your ability to learn organically from playing others will drop off significantly and that's when it's time to go to the lab and learn some tech. Some resets, some nasty mixups, some powerful combo or loop.

From there it's experimentation, execution, and practice

subconscious reaction time doesn't drop under very late (60-70+ for healthy people). fighting game reactions are not made at the conscious level like meme reaction time webpages are.
subconscious reaction time is almost solely a function of repetition, meaning you have to practice.

Sounds like you gave up life at 25.
Peak male performance is any age, just eat light and maaaaybe workout

>Considering fighting games disproportionately attract blacks, a very low IQ demographic

Fake news

That's a lot of bullshit in one post. Good job

He's not wrong that reactions do tend to diminish slightly, but just like in pretty much every game ever made reaction is beaten by anticipation.

samefag

Same shit retard

My cousin is basically too stupid to hold down a job and he is amazing at fighting games because thats all he does.
Just takes practise.

pressing a button and motion at the same time and pressing a button after a motion is absolutely not the same shit

That's true. Africans are actually one of the most intelligent demographics, statistically.

Poltards get out

My reactions have improved tremendously from when I was 18 to now at 36. If you practice you'll get better.

Project all you want, but sounds like your self conscious of your own failures

Attached: _20190511_184052.jpg (1080x319, 48K)

It can be thanks to negative edge and the input buffer

>and I haven't seen any evidence to assume that good reflexes are particular to any specific race

Asians tend to have the fastest reflexes.

I never play fighting games or really even multiplayer games senpai couldn't care less *shrugs and dabs*

Attached: 1542243009286-pol.jpg (700x706, 152K)

That's not true. That's like saying one type of dog is faster than another because it has a different color fur coat...?

I got way better with age.

but it's usually the latter? it's just a matter of not leaving too huge a gap.
in my experience when i try to think of it to be "at the same time" i tend to do it too early in tense situations.

in fact i tend to remind myself that the button press has to come AFTER the last directional input.
that way that mistake rarely ever happens.

youtu.be/_R0hbe8HZj0

There, you're now better than 90% of Yea Forums

>That's not true

Yes it is.

sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0042698910002312

>pseudoscience
poltards, everyone

Fighting games are the lowest IQ genre of vidya. Combos and the like are just rote memorization and mindless grinding. Everything else is 90% reflex, minimal conscious thought.

Generally speaking, the higher APM and speed-based a game is, the less intelligent you have to be to enjoy it. The biggest brain fighting game in the world is the turn-based game Toribash.

Attached: Screenshot_20181202-0210522-1.png (720x696, 309K)

Feel free to publish contrary peer reviewed research.

i'm not gonna read the whole thing but this isn't even really about reflexes specifically.

>Combos and the like are just rote memorization and mindless grinding. Everything else is 90% reflex, minimal conscious thought.
You understand nothing about fighting games. Those are just the tools for playing the game. Knowing your combos and setups are just the baseline for becoming a decent player.

The game itself tends to be pure game theory. It's options weighed against more options that all carry various risks depending on the situation. You're often gambling a little bit (or a lot) when you take an action. Adaptability is key.

Einstein never took an IQ test and Einstein didn't have autism. I don't know what headcanon you need to comfort yourself but autism pretty will relegates you to low IQ under ordinary circumstances.

The constant question of “how do I get good” on Yea Forums is more like “how do I win every time?”
You’re going to loose. It’s inevitable. There is always someone better. You just need to better yourself.
TLDR; pick a character you like, learn their buttons, learn SOME combos, play matches against real people until you’ve learned what your character is capable of, learn what other characters are capable of, and when you’ve learned that much you just toy around with it.

absolutely not, considering blacks do very well at it. you need lots of practice and commitment, or you need great reactions and execution.

>having an IQ this low
Embarrassing

this man is correct and all the people replying to him are ass blasted redditors. that said, you can still beat younger people with better reactions by being more committed and experienced.

Einstein was a Jew fraud who stole every idea he ever had. Also, he wasn't autistic, he just didn't talk until he was more than 2.