Is it a sign of being underage if you haven't played FF7 or know its main plot points?

Is it a sign of being underage if you haven't played FF7 or know its main plot points?

Attached: IMG_20180923_145101.jpg (500x517, 27K)

I haven't played the game yet, I think the graphics have put me off from enjoying it eternally.

No, the game is over 20 years old. People born in the year the game came out are not underage.

Just watch a let's play on YouTube. Bro.

anyone born after 94 is figuratively underage

All you need to know is Aerith dies nigga

no its just means your lazy or you have a mental block that doesn't let you enjoy old games because muh graphics

I think you're alone on this one user.

it for sure would have been back in 2011
when i was underageb& lurker

>"haha I watched Markipliers LP of FF7, what an amazing game!"
>heavily edited and barebones rushed main content
>shit character names and low volume throughout whole LP
>constant yelping and loud talk

Attached: d1f15gw-9ec9b1c0-4590-4db3-b9d2-df2dfc3c053d.gif (300x400, 575K)

so does cloud put a dress on in this game? If so i may consider playing it

>plot points
Nigga, you can find those within seconds.

Guess you'll have to play the game to find out!

I was born in '96 and played FFVII on my PS1. I don't like RPGs so I never got out of Midgar. I spent most of my time on PS1 playing Gauntlet Legends and Digimon Rumble Arena.

>figuratively underage

Attached: 1509301735209.jpg (340x565, 46K)

I didn't have a playstation growing up so no.

I tried to play it but quit after getting a golden chocobo and realizing that grinding for the last bit of the game I had left wasn't worth it, where does that put me? Also I don't remember most of the game because it seemed pretty generic.

Yes he does, and I bet it will get cut out in the remake.

I'm 20 and never played a Final Fantasy game.

I played VII two years ago and I had a blast, the intro sequence was fucking rad and it must have blown people's minds back when it released.

zoomerism is eternal

Its a sign of having good taste

Oh, and "funny voices" for all the dialogue boxes and characters while undermining any atmospheric or moody moments humour

Attached: 1555608263575.jpg (656x666, 54K)

Im only asking as a general question, already played FF7 and know quite a bit about it.

But I guess I'm unclear about what is considered underage now because so much time has passed

I'm turning 33 in 3 months and have never played FF7 nor know shit about it. I don't like final fantasy nor old JRPG gameplay.

You have shit taste, got it.

I'm 35 and I don't know shit about it except for that someone dies in it. Cool people like me didn't play Final Fagasy.

Enjoy your dice rolls, user

not everyone likes the same games and that's ok

>35 year old man arguing with children on a video game board on a saturday night
>cool

There is no bigger shit taste then liking JRPGs

playing final fantasy games is a sign of being underage

No plenty of people haven't played it. My brother is 26 and has never played it and knows basically nothing about the game. He's just never had much interest in JRPGs.

I was about 5yrs old around 2000, but I had my own GBC for Pokemon Blue & Wario World 3 and others. Brother had FF7, MGS, Gex, Syphon Filter, ect, ect, for me to play before I was even 10.
Also had Genesis, Snes and games but no N64
Sonic Adventure for our Dreamcast was the first game I actually completed though, I was too scared and dumb to beat Code Veronica on DC though.

Attached: 1539634532189.png (1456x1108, 69K)

>FF7
I googled what this is and it was released 4 years before I was born. Why would you be underage if you haven't played it/know the storyline of this game, when I myself haven't heard if this game until now and I am not underage.

It might be a sign that you were just a europoor that has stuck with Sega like me.

I played Panzer Dragoon Saga but not much of FFVII.

JRPGs are wank.

I also watched the first two or three pokemon movies atleast 40 times

Yes. I'm seriously shocked how anyone into games doesn't have a basic plot outline of it already

t. about to play FF7 for the first time

Almost as if pretending you can know anything about a game through e-celebs is ridiculous.

No. It's a sign of being underage if you don't LIKE it. Factually, everyone that played it on the 1st run in the 90s loved it and it will always hold a special spot for them. If you hate it, it's probably because it's not modernized in the way you're used to. No old school gamer minds the gameplay at all.

Yeeaaah you can't feel "exploration" and "discovery" by watching someone else do it. If you're not there, you're getting 10% of the experience and none of the benefit.

I played it about a year or 2 after release, it was just boring after Midgar and I couldn't bring myself to continue with the nonsense.

Yeah, you did. You're only 4 years younger then me. All the cool kids were playing Final Fantasy VII and VIII. I remember we had this big party for FFVIII where we set up a projector in some kid's basement and there was like 70 people packed down there with cheetos and red solo cups with god-knows-what and we enjoyed the first 4 hours together. Including a couple of cheerleaders that tried to act disinterested when someone looked at them but kept staring at the screen. Football players, greasers, emos, that basement had everything because everyone kept inviting other people and more showed up through the night before his parents kicked everyone out because no one else would fit in the basement and they loitered upstairs.

Final Fantasy on the PS1 was absolute mainstream.

>90s
>people other than dorks interested in vidya
Yeah ok champ

Most people who played it barely have a clue what actually happened in it.

Yes. Kill yourself.

Let me tell you about the 90's, zoomer.

Attached: 1546502047465.jpg (1814x2419, 1000K)

I've never played anything on a playstation console and I've never touched a FF game in any way. I grew up with Sega then PC, then an Xbox then Nintendo handhelds and PC.
I still have my old Genesis that me and my dad played Sonic 2's 2 player on all those years ago.
I know aeris dies though, mostly because of aerisdies

Born in 1992
I know close to nothing about FF nor have played any of the games because I don't really care about the series.

Im late 20s. I am old enough to have played FF7. But it was expensive and so I got to play shitty titles like crash racing and croc instead of ff7 and mgs1

No, I’m 20 but I don’t care much for FF because I’m too busy marathoning the SMT games

What the hell is that pic supposed to prove exactly? I had no doubt you owned the game, I just doubt any of the cool kids went to a FFVIII party

>mint condition
niiiiiiiiiice.

im 31 and never played any JRPG. dont wanna turn into a gay autist

>its main plot points
not even people who played back in the day know, whole thing was a mess, partly because of translations

Suit yourself. Doesn't mean anything to me. I feel a little sad for your childhood that you seemed to have been surrounded by antisocial assholes, though.Or you were the antisocial asshole. Whichever. Sad either way.

all the self hating zoomers on here is really funny to me

i guess Yea Forums creates these types, kek. types of zoomers who have some love-hate relationship with fortnite/fnaf/minecraft, so they atone by playing "hardcore" franchises that were obscure even 20 years ago. i see zoomers on here talk about emulating all these old ass SNES/PS1/GBA era jrpgs

Or I didn't sit around playing video games all day and actually went outside and when I did play games with people they were multiplayer. Are you seriously trying to look down on me for being more of a loser? A lying one at that, really?

I never even implied that I despised FF or anything, just isn’t something I’m interested in at the moment.

Sorry that you have an issue with some zoomer playing an “””obscure””” franchise, I just play what I’m interested in ¯\_(ツ)_/¯. I don’t care to impress either, I do what I want and you do you, boomer.

look what you've done Yea Forums. you've created the next generation of FATLUS spergs. this is what your shitposting has accomplished. i hope your all happy.

I'm in the opinion that FFVII doesn't need a remake.

How old do you think I am?

>tfw born in '91 and 5 years ago people called me underrage on Yea Forums
>tfw now zoomers younger than ff7 will claim they're adults and shit

Attached: 2BBE1F9E-0F60-4B36-97FD-DEBDC05CE1D2.jpg (567x567, 69K)

Yeah, haha. Okay. Every person I've ever known to say the line about going outside has been some shut in that couldn't even ride a bike.

You'll always be a millennial to me, user. *pat* Which is worse than a zoomer.

Sort of.
I think if you at least care enough about video games to post on Yea Forums (inb4 hurr durr Yea Forums doesn't like games) then you should be playing a game as important as FFVII.

Attached: FFVII_10th_Anniversary_BW_Artwork.jpg (452x557, 157K)

Not liking turn-based gameplay or being able to tolerate primitive graphics are a sign of being underage.

Reminder that square's only good game is Mario RPG. There are no good FF games.

If I'm gonna play 'em I have to play from the beginning. I just don't have that kind of time.

Eh maybe? I mean it was absolutely huge at the time, but there are normies that were alive but not into games in 97. Those same people have since been introduced to the pastime by games like fortnight, Minecraft, league of legends, etc.

It's more a indication of a casual hobbiest than of age I think.

Not everyone was into faggy jrpgs. Especially when there was a lot of better games to play.