Have you ever bought a special edition of something? Did you regret it?

Have you ever bought a special edition of something? Did you regret it?

Attached: 2039.png (766x852, 1.16M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/tNREmCAixGc
youtube.com/watch?v=TptYhSXCOy4
bigbadtoystore.com/Product/VariationDetails/25734
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Working Designs used to release JRPGs with mandatory Limited Editions, just so they could sell them for $79.99, in a time when games were $49.99.

I had tears of anger in my eyes as I opened both games of Lunar.

Yes, the halo 4 special edition. The main selling point was that it had all the dlc/season pass or something. But I stopped playing the multiplayer after two weeks let alone even finish the campaign.

The MGSV one.

WoW Cataclysm was the only thing I ever bought a "collector's edition" of.

It kinda sucked. A lot. Both the collector's edition and the expac itself.

Though I am still using the mousepad from it, simply because I haven't gotten any other mousepads.

Yeah. Ill never do that again

Attached: 20190120_172631.jpg (2429x2944, 3.37M)

>Gothic 2
>Best game on the planet
>Gothic 3 close to release
>I cum everytime I see a screenshot in a PC Gaming magazine
>Buy the 100$ collectors edition
>Game is absolute dogshit unoptimized.
>Like watching corpses fuck in reverse

I have a sealed PSOne memory card with one of those DualShock keychains.
How much is it worth nowadays?

looks cool, whats wrong with it?

Attached: 1551679970435.jpg (950x881, 67K)

the gun wasnt anything like in the pic

it was literally a piece of 2d cardboard

Attached: 41GqcN2qtwL.jpg (500x294, 31K)

post a pic

It just sits there on the shelf. Game was shit too so i can barely look at it.

the game is shit, for starters.

i still remember this one, holy shit why didn't Volition/THQ get sued?

the western release is like 1/3 the size of a real hand

the nips got the real deal however

I still use the lunch box for all of my personal valuables

best special edition

Attached: 4190rbU7lKL.jpg (500x308, 25K)

More of this qt?

Attached: 1528804614900.jpg (640x480, 41K)

>Promises Big Boss handjob
>It's actually Venom Snake handjob

Only special edition I ever bought and I don't regret it.

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 206K)

Venom snake IS big boss. We all are big boss now.

Attached: IMAG0489.jpg (298x224, 16K)

the joy of s s o o y y

well thats just sad

I bought the Persona 5 special edition because it was when amazon did that preorder discount thing so it really wasnt that much extra
the soundtrack, artbook, and morgana plush all had better versions released later separately
I dont regret it because it wasnt expensive, but I realize I would have been fine just getting the steelbook, but my excitement was too much

I dont think I'll ever get a special edition again, I just don't need all that goofy extra shit I dont need cluttering up my shelves
I might sell the special edition without the game on ebay, goes for twice what I paid for it

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 302K)

stop, this 2008 predates onions

FF14 Heavensward and Stormblood

Max Payne 3 Collector Edition.
im not TOO disappointed since i gpt it for the price of a normal copy (game sold like ass iirc) so after a month that the game came out it was already on clerence.

Attached: 5inaz0zfbyiz.jpg (4032x3024, 1.08M)

Why did you buy a Todd Howard bust?

I bought the P4G Solid Gold Edition and all it came with was a case and some stickers. In hindsight that was a huge waste

>s s o o y y
>onions
s󠛡o󠛡y

Attached: 1547816176259.png (720x400, 271K)

did max take too many painkillers

youtu.be/tNREmCAixGc
Holy fuck that should be illegal
Thats literally a bait 'n switch, holy fuck people would riot if this happened today. Jesus christ I am so glad I did not have to deal with this.

Attached: 1556475539403.gif (1060x1072, 443K)

I bought the collector's edition of Elemental: War of Magic. If you haven't heard of this game, it's called Fallen Enchantress now and is far better, but on launch it was one of the worst games I've ever played, and it was so bad, in fact, that Stardock publicly apologized and reworked it entirely. I actually got Fallen Enchantress for free, along with some DLC shit, because I got that turd of a CE, but still, fuck Stardock.

J*ewstar was so cheap the materials Max is made of melts on temperatures that go above room temps, my statue fucking broke because Max is a big plastic boy and his ankles couldn't resist both the wight and the heat.

at least i could use classic Max and the Hammerhead shotty to destroy scrubs on MP.

I bought the collector's edition of Dead Space 2. I'll let this video describe my distain
youtube.com/watch?v=TptYhSXCOy4

I bought that Bioshock 2 special edition back in the day. Posters were neat until I got a girlfriend

I buy lots of special editions. I always research and get most second hand while they're within my means so no real regrets.

Attached: IMG_0713.jpg (1936x2592, 2.22M)

>he literally bought ads
i mean what the fuck did you expect? the box was small as shit, no way the gamebox and the plasma cutter could be on the same box.

looks like a sex toy

My fucking Artorias Totaku figure is leaning just after a week. I think they all do. Do manufacturers check their shit before they release it?

Attached: IMG_8229.jpg (4032x3024, 2.08M)

I imported the full-size Robofist Edition of MGSV.
It sits on my desk as a 500eurobux monument to the danger of hype.

Attached: 1450761628809.jpg (732x1100, 330K)

>that little white spot on that one frame and a part of her hair not being colored on two frames
My autism went off the charts for a moment.

Attached: kat-dance.gif (1060x1072, 435K)

the only problem is the ink on the guide's cover fades super easily
but I like this style of collectors edition, easily storable on shelves, doesnt have big stupid half assed toys and statues

Attached: 4047c49bf8813955c0f319a7592f04a0.jpg (620x475, 69K)

Same. Mine is a glaring reminder to never EVER get excited for a video game again. Lessons were learned.

This piece of shit

Attached: 2A39F6CA-6E3F-4E28-B3B3-4E762E6E89F0.jpg (640x320, 23K)

dude shut up, the figure has a time-dependent lore-related effect with it. Artorias just becomes more corrupt as time goes on. Stop whining, its in the lore.

>not using light theme

Attached: 1552100416730.jpg (1250x1250, 530K)

A couple. Only one was really worth it.

Attached: pa.150931.2.jpg (389x389, 21K)

someone did not do the best job fixing that. Looks like they just put it in mspaint and paint bucket-ed the spot and did not fixed the aliased parts of the white space.

Attached: 1554096309102.jpg (600x597, 122K)

Wasn't this actually just light rum with food coloring added?

I did the same, but despite how disappointing the cutter was I still use it around the house. Much better than something like a figure with characters I end up not liking that much.

>Second hand

Attached: smug cromagnon child.jpg (412x424, 31K)

Attached: catherine.jpg (2000x796, 664K)

is the pic in op actually real?
I figured he got shafted by a scam since there's no way that came from an actual special edition.

Jesus, I'd be fucking livid if some publisher pulled that shit on me.
I generally don't go after collectors editions cause I've got other things I'd rather carelessly fritter my money away on, but that just makes it all the more inexcusable for the people that do.

Yes, and a fucking glass bottle inside a large cheap plastic one, only 80$+taxes

I found this set a few years back sealed for $20 and I have absolutely zero regrets grabbing it.

Didn't buy, but if we're speaking about horrible collectors editions, World At War came with a canteen you couldn't even open or drink out of.

Attached: 619yHG3iCTL.jpg (500x460, 74K)

I got the dead space 2 special edition that came with the world's smallest plasma cutter. Was worth it for the Zealot suit, thing is cash. I dunno where all that shit went, collector's editions are almost universally retarded

Grabbed this a few years back on clearance. It's not a bad set for the price I paid, about $50 when the regular game was the same cost. You get some nice little extras but the statuette is just hollow PVC with no weight to it, and having the game itself inside the artbook instead of a case means I can't keep it on the shelf with the first game and that triggers my tisms.

Attached: Arkham City Collector's.jpg (640x640, 40K)

I’ve gotten a few over the years, but Odin sphere was probably my favorite. The art book is really nice, the poster of Alice and Socrates is also pretty good looking, and the the shirt it came with fits pretty well.

Attached: F2AB20AB-2E8E-4D36-8437-E06498E25DD8.jpg (1500x971, 347K)

DOA5 CE
The artbook is rubbish, mostly just ingame images of the characters.
The CD is forgettable
Bikini DLC that you could just get eventually when released
The poster isn't a poster of Kasumi, it's of all the characters
The tin case has doors on both sides for some reason, so if you plan to store crap in it, just make sure the bottom of it doesn't give out.

Attached: ce_ps3_us.jpg (900x510, 107K)

reminds me of that DaS3 flask that was a solid piece of plastic

>rubik's 360
even here i cant escape my old hobby can i

This is the only one posted in the thread so far that I might consider getting over the regular edition.

I actually bought this cuz muh dick desu

And I own that canteen.

I have so many fucking shit collectors editions. I really don't know why I bought them. I guess the young mind was easy to trick with trinkets.

Have all my Senran boxes on display except one

Attached: IMG_8256.jpg (4032x3024, 1.58M)

Why?
>LGPE
oh nvm. Got my answer

KH3. The goodies are meh and the game was even more meh. At least I can agree with Yea Forums now about how subpar the game is.

Weebshit stacked to the fucking ceiling... disgusting.

Attached: 1450733497548.png (494x388, 379K)

It cost $5 new. The store was desperate to be rid of it.

Attached: dims.jpg (415x271, 30K)

Yeah, apparently some dude just said fuck it and made that. CDPR made it right though and sent him a proper one.

I got the gears of war 2 special edition. It came with a fullsized Lancer (chainsawgun) but spraypainted gold. Didn't move but it had a couple points of articulation, and would rumble if you pulled the trigger. It was pretty cool.
It's currently sat in the attic at mums house because my current place is smol

based cuteposter. post more cute characters please. no sexualizing, please

>you're turning humans into glue, HEE-hee shamone

I kickstarted Mighty Number 9 at the 100 buck tier. Got a T shirt and a physical box for my troubles, along with some other digital shit.

I dont even touch that T shirt and I regret owning it.

Attached: crying anime.gif (500x270, 490K)

>Whats wrong with it.
Looks like it sits in a saw mill.

based

>Gets his figures from collectors edition pack ins and gamestop

Surprised they are shit quality. Mate, spend at least 10x more and im sure they wont lean like michael jackson.

Attached: shit.jpg (813x458, 85K)

>asscreed 2
>god of war 3
>mgs4
>telltale twd
>prince of persia 2008
and no, not really

>Retard incels think they could get away with an actual fake gun in the packaging
Lmao

Its been sitting here for almost 4 years now. I guess i could dust it

honestly, physical gwent was fun but it plays bad compared to in-game version.
and you can only build the decks you want from the included cards obviosuly, so you miss out on some synnergies you might've liked in the game
overall though i'm pleased, i just love witcher 3 and was a big fan of the gwent minigame.

probably not super limited by this threads standard but it's the best I got.

Attached: le gwent.png (956x1048, 1.58M)

All of Totaku's shit is cheap and poorly made. There's a reason it costs $10

bayonetta came with one you fuckin tard
also it can clearly be marked fake and still be sold
retard logic like that means they couldnt sell the actual existing fake guns sold to children everyday
this reply makes me mad, im gona fucking cocksleeve you

Attached: OFFICER-GYARI-BRUTAL.png (464x452, 107K)

mine didn't even have the keychain in it

Attached: Screenshot_20190512-034738_Google.jpg (1080x598, 399K)

>mgsv will be 4 years old in 4 months
....no...

I usually always but the special or collectors edition of games that i’m actually excited for.

haha more like TARD AREA

I still don't get this one, guro fags can't possibly be a viable market to cater to.

Attached: o-DEAD_ISLAND_RIPTIDE11-570.jpg (570x332, 92K)

not the worst but i never got it to work, it's still sitting in one of my drawers waiting for my untimely demise, then my parents finding it and thinking i was some sort of secret terrorist

Attached: codbo_360_pe_spread__1_-1.gif (460x276, 55K)

Yes. Fucking Rome 2. The tolerances on the wood for my catapult were terrible so it didn't really fit. I regret it mostly because the game was shit for a long time and I got jewed out of DLC on top of it. I like the chess set for one of their shogun 2 special editions though.

Fallout 4.
The pip boy is a shitty cheap plastic toy you'd get from walmart.

After loving AC1,2,brotherhood, and revelations, I was hype as FUCK for 3. I preordered the special edition, got the special metal case, and excitedly brought it home...by the next day, I'd beaten it, and I never played the game again, and about a year later, I tossed the flag and figurine that came with it.

Attached: AC3_LELG.jpg (640x470, 94K)

What ones do you have?

I rememeber finding old vids about people talking about black ops leaks and jesus christ, all of their minds were blown when looking at the rc bomb. I miss those days...kinda

do you have bon appetite?

Attached: senran'.jpg (2274x1370, 1.11M)

To name a few:

>MGSV
> Assassin’s creed (all of them past Revelations except for Odysseys one)
>Dark souls 3
>Persona 5
>God of War
> Spiderman
> Resident Evil 4 (ps2 collectors tin)
> Mortal Kombat 9
> Resident Evil 2
> Kingdom Hearts 3

That’s to name a few in recent years. Like I said, I almost always buy the collectors edition for a game that i’m actually excited for. Right now I have the Mario Maker 2 special edition (with the steelbook) and the Biomutant collectors edition preordered.

I bought the Skyrim Collector's edition Alduin statue for like 15 bucks at a Goodwill, fuck special editions

wow the life-size one looks dope

bigbadtoystore.com/Product/VariationDetails/25734

Attached: 6a4568ba-4d0f-4ee9-9430-a21f84957cea.jpg (720x540, 24K)

I have like 20 - 30 special editions.

You'd think you would've learned by now.

>tfw bought the Soulcal V collector's edition as my first and only collector item
>tfw lost the grimoire case but still have the artbook and ost
It's an abstract feel

It's pretty rad

Attached: IMG_0610.jpg (720x1080, 238K)

I'm surprised no one posted this. I didn't buy it thankfully

Attached: 81hX8PvdhhL._SY445_.jpg (312x445, 22K)

I always figured it was just a parody of those greek sculptures you'd always see missing the head and arms

has anyone received their canvas bags yet?

Artorias is pretty good in detail compared to the other ones they make, shame he has to do this. I still want to get the Hunter if they ever do a reprint.

Well for Vita and PC, digitally. I forgot this eventually came out as physical. But the chain has been broken. Thanks Sony.

I'm so goddamn glad I skipped on the special edition for that shit. I was goddamn hyped after AssCreed 2 and it ended up being the first game I actually preordered and went to a midnight launch for and I've never been so disappointed.

Oblivion, 90% of the game was mediocre at best, it's what forever killed collector's editions for me. I still have the septim though, it sits in the bottom of my loose change mug.

You know, a big part of me still wants to buy the Senran Kagura Special edition european edition for that sweet translated art booklet. Then just pirate the Steam version instead. I mean the swag didnt get censored. Ill probably regret not having it later.

Attached: 20190511_212952.jpg (1642x2919, 1.28M)

I'd ironically want this, I think its a pretty neat idea.

>has anyone received their canvas bags yet?

Attached: [Oppressive Laughter].jpg (491x488, 20K)

I mean, they DID release the nuka cola dark...technically.

This was the beginning of a long and depressing ride.

Attached: s-l1600.jpg (1600x900, 136K)

Oof

I've bought several but the only one I have truly regretted was Persona 5.

Holy shit that game sucks. I loved 3 and 4.

fuckin kek

Reminds me of the Marvel vs Capcom Infinity Eggs

Attached: 85D923EC-9D13-4972-A47E-03E9CDF0E72F.jpg (1923x990, 193K)

I bought the special edition of Sonic Mania. I think it's pretty cool, wish I knew how to get it to light up though.

The money clip looks cool at least

Got every dark souls special edition.

Nope.

Fallout 4. Yes.

Yeah a vehicle which was a 500 run homologation special, it had fancy bits that were worth 5k for about 1.5k. I might consider buying vidya games like the division with that cringey watch because the watch seemed kind of neat but FUCK paying extra for shitty special editions that give 1 skin and some soundtrack dlc

I bought the collectors edition of gta v
Never wore the hat and I lost the steel case but I use the box as storage

Destiny ghost edition and yeah

Attached: collector's editions.jpg (600x470, 39K)

Got the Dead Space 2 collector edition and it came with this gun. I was hoping it would have laser pointers in it, like the game, and was at least expecting the front to rotate, but it didn't at all. It was pretty much just a small, cheaply made plastic gun with a couple of really bad led flashlights in it.

Attached: shit gun.jpg (900x600, 113K)

I bought this and do not regret anything.

Attached: 91z9EqiqL8L._SL1500_.jpg (1500x1074, 304K)

Attached: marketing to children.jpg (717x786, 141K)

>Dead Space 2
The replica Plasma Cutter was cool, but also small and not moveable. I'd love a 1:1 replica though. Otherwise not too bad.
>Soulcalibur VI
Besides the DLC, the case was totally worth it alone because it plays audio like: "A tale of souls and swords eternally retold".

Cool dogtoy/butt plug

I had a problem special editions for a while. So far it have: No Mans Sky, Dark Souls 3, Mirrors Edge Catalyst, Senran Kagura PBS, Persona 5, Yomawari Night Alone and Midnight Shadows, The Liar Princess and the Blond Prince, Overwatch, Destiny TTK, Fate/Extella, and I wont even write anymore becasue this much is already autistic.

I've stopped doing it, so theres that.

Two of those are the same color

>preview clearly makes them look like distinct orbs, you can see the undercurve of each one
>product is plastic half-shell eggs glued over led lights in a plastic box

I got one special edition ever: Fable III. Game was meh (even compared to 2), but the collector's shit was fun (special card deck, big brass two-sided coin, leather-book-like case). I would and will never buy another special edition ever. They've only gotten even shittier than that, and I got my fill.

epic and based

I still can't get over this.
IT LITERALLY DOESN'T LOOK LIKE ANYTHING.

Attached: this is outrageous.gif (250x242, 3K)

does this count?

Attached: win.jpg (1064x572, 110K)

Bought the $100 version of Aliens: Colonial Marines

>even the doll... should it please you

Collector set of Starcraft II on the day of release

Attached: 1405006799045.jpg (395x610, 49K)

what came with it and why was it bad? I don't remember the CE for SC2

I don't remember either and because SC2 was shit

>i'll probably throw it at something

I really fucking wish I bought one of these.

kek, it is true.

I love Akihiko yoshida art so this was great for me.

Attached: 355795-Bravely-Second-Collectors-edition.jpg (1000x526, 347K)

What the fuck is that?

An estus flask.

Every single blizzard collectors edition is painfully bland and uninspired. They always come in a big rectangle box and include about 5 items of the following, art book, soundtrack, directors commentary, shitty usb stick, exclusive dlc, mousepad. Once you’ve bought one you have seen them all.

>3.37 MB, 2429x2944

kill yourself

I bought the collector's edition of Hellgate London along with a lifetime subscription. I've never bought another CE since.

>Thanos finds them
>is disappointed and just stops after gathering them
>dies of lead poisoning

Attached: Thanos-Soul-World-Sad-Face.jpg (1300x650, 411K)

I always go for the collectors editions for Atlus games. Those come with cool bonus things that are usually pretty cool to display on a shelf or something.

Not at all

Attached: 7a7a954c89bc224336d445da1339479c.0.jpg (720x405, 41K)

I pre-ordered ODST to get Johnson in firefight. Was pretty cool and I hope I can somehow unlock him on PC.

Attached: 1550354069138.jpg (792x458, 80K)

MGS HD collection.
Came with an artbook and a cool shirt that isn't embarrassing to wear in public.

nice

Bought at Gamestop for $20. Some of the most fun I had with a MMO at the time. The Hero Clicks tabletop stuff was pretty cool, but the city map was the shit.

Attached: city-of-villains-collectors-dvd-edition-D_NQ_NP_895399-MLB26046156083_092017-F.jpg (1024x768, 284K)

A couple. Had to get the Spidey PS4 one and the P5 one was pretty reasonably priced for what was in it.

I got Mona hanging around to remind me to get to bed

Attached: 20190512_004824.jpg (2560x1440, 1.2M)