Only MMO to not require auto-updater botnet

>only MMO to not require auto-updater botnet
>playable on linux
>real depth
>gorgeous art
Yeah I'm thinking "based"

Attached: enripisa.jpg (1920x1080, 315K)

I heard it was boring and shit.

False

i played the free trial area back in the day but never subbed, i thought it was kinda cool but the moving between maps instead of camera just following you annoyed me too much

It was great TO play dofus in my zoomer days

That sentence doesn't make sense, try again but without the buzzword.

Dofus and Wakfu are cool in theory, but they'd make better single player games with an actual story than MMOs. While group based grid combat seems neat, it quickly becomes an alt-tab and watch other shit kind of game while Mr. Osamodas controls 30 fucking Tofus per turn and ends up spending 10 minutes just positioning his guy while you wait for your 3 second turn of Iop-brain smashing.

Would be dope to have a single player game with 15-20 hour story mode filled with fun side quests and player generated missions. Could have story mode with designated characters like Yugo or Bakara and then an "endless mode" that has characters you build from randomly generated starts.

>only MMO to not require auto-updater botnet
you do realize they will force you to use this soon, right?

Attached: 1534368822416.png (1197x726, 1.36M)

How the fuck does an mmo not require an auto updater? That makes no sense or am I missing something? What the fuck kek

I don't think they'll force it.

You can boot without the latest versions, they just advise against it.

Attached: d328cbb5b4c9870e2c16172f66060adc.jpg (1441x2026, 1.09M)

Obviously they don't update the game so they don't need an updater.

they will because the old updater is a buggy mess that breaks the game, while the new one fixes some issues such as total black maps.
once it's out of its beta it'll replace the standard launcher for everyone

This, absolutely. It was like everything outside of the gameplay itself had promise, and that's really just because grid-based gameplay just doesn't belong in an MMO. The timesink element is there, but it's not engaging in the same way that even FFXIV grinding manages the barest minimum of.

That said, the art and direction for the games (and the series as a whole) is 10/10.

Attached: 1457032756241.png (473x716, 530K)

>You can boot without the latest versions, they just advise against it.
How does that work? I'm assuming there are abilities that deal damage, right? What if a patch changes the damage an ability does and two players are playing on a different version?

That's exactly why I like it, it's so fucking chill to just sit back and chat while battling, only reason it doesn't work is because you have autismlords playing 6 accounts at once soloing everything so people that don't do this have no one to play with.

dead genre

multi accounts servers are almost dead
everyone moved on the monoaccount one

Not for wakfu

And that's a good thing.

Attached: c82bb495bf0f6a131fe1de7a33433b43.png (2383x1537, 3.14M)

wakfu is just dead in general
it's pretty much in coma in right now

>healslut class
>their godess actually dresses as a healslut

Attached: 1548970763105.png (600x600, 165K)

yeah, sadly

>the hair update
>the upcoming enchantment update
Siu what in the fuck are you doing

Attached: 1551289606657.png (830x527, 335K)

>tactical turn-based MMORPG

miss me with that slow shit

Attached: zzzzzzz.jpg (1536x2048, 268K)

it's not that slow if you're playing solo and are strong enough, if you take the full timer every turn that's your fault

Asian Gorl...

I feel like this should be the genre for any tab target mmo with a gcd higher than 2 seconds.

I wanted to go back to dofus so bad but nobody wanted to play with me, fuck. I might even consider RuneScape, it also seems that it's really hard to solo even for professions nowadays, I'm not against joining a guild though.

I haven't played in ages since I switched back to dofus
has there been actual new content besides some shitty hairstyles?

I'll play with you user

>tfw no Miranda gf

B-but are we gonna play in the mono account? That seems like the best idea.

yes that's where I play

How can i find you?

Pandala is gonna get added with new zones from 140 to 200
The problem is that they're replacing smithmagic with rng comparable with mobile gachashit

>Even top tier PCs can't manage to play it smoothly
>Ran on shit technology
>Developed by shit company that can't get their shit right
>Game except balance (which is trash), haven't changed for years and it's pretty much the same grindfest as always
>The new content comes out way too slow
>They do have a botnet
>Also can't turn off separate game launcher, when turned off, You lose the game sound for whatever fucking reason
>The same company did fucking trash game called Wakfu
>The same company closed game with extreme potential called Dofus Arena

I wish some good company could buy them out and make Dofus Arena happen, as it had potential to be something big.

>The problem is that they're replacing smithmagic with rng comparable with mobile gachashit
Holy shit, they just killed the best part of the crafting in this game, bravo Ankama

just give me your in game name and I'll whisper you

I have no interest in its world and if I wanted to play FFT, I'd play FFT.

My name is Wouh

isnt there a 3rd game coming out sometime?

alright I added you

yeah Waven, it's like they took the concept of dofus arena and made another game to replace it

yeah but it looks like a pile of shit, better hope they trash it and redesign it 5 times like they did for wakfu
it's called waven

explain why it looks like shit to someone who has barebones knowledge of the series and has fapped to the zone animation a few times

What's your name?

basically, it's a mobile game, they don't seem to have a world built and it's just lobby shit with a focus on pvp, but their direction is unclear as fuck and they'll probably change everything multiple times before it comes out.

I'm going to be blunt. I'm not here to discuss the game. I am here because Studio Ankama makes great female characters. Post pictures of them.

Too bad ankama sucks. Amazing game shit company. Great potential wasted

the game artstyle is shit except for the character portraits since they're drawn by Xa and Tchokun, the environments are built with cubes just like maplestory 2
can't speak for the gameplay since I haven't tried it, it's in closed beta

Narele

Damage must be calculated entirely server side.

Have You seen Dofus Arena? That was real potential, they didn't really see the way to push it further, back then maybe f2p monetization schemes weren't as popular as they are now, but overall the whole idea of 'character building' for fights was really fun, as you had a set number of points to buy characters, items, skills for them. There was so many ways to play it (multi characters, some buffed up single/two characters, etc.)

>they'll probably change everything
this is what angers me the most, instead of perfecting and refining their features, they go and destroy everything and start from the begining, and if it doesn't work, they'll just start all over again, losing players and bleeding resources and then adding some p2w bullshit to recover at least a little bit.

Any MMO without battle sex is garbage
period.

atleast they'll always have nice art

Attached: 1529349490158.jpg (1920x900, 94K)

Why is her left hand on backwards?

Attached: 1550705293933.jpg (1920x900, 106K)

1.29 chad > 2.0 shitter

Why is this art so based

Attached: 1542059532720.jpg (1920x900, 106K)

Why is the anomaly mechanic so fucking shit?
Why is ankama so retarded?

>Why is ankama so retarded?
It's one of life's great mysteries.

Reminder that Maskemane is based!

Attached: Maskemane_3_cover.jpg (414x600, 194K)

Attached: SramPaladir.png (846x1000, 1.23M)

>depth in unga 4 elements
>no variable interaction just if you do this you do that after
>dead game because french don't make enough money to market but refuse to put effort to attract foreign money (most of the market)
>what if game but only redeeming feature was ok art but you have to put up with furfaggotry too

is it possible for a real woman to have those fucking glorious proportions?

Cute! but not funny!

>all art
>no gameplay in the thread about the game
Yeah I'm sure this game is noteworthy

>Marie from Skullgirls playing as a ninja

>68 replies
>12 images
>all art

Attached: D42yW01UEAATXEW.png (750x687, 344K)

>Dofus is developed and published by Ankama Games.
>Ankama is a French entertainment company headquartered in Roubaix, France.
>According to estimates by the mayor's office about 20 percent of the population were Muslims (2013).

OOF

Attached: 15458888.jpg (639x635, 161K)

>MMOs
>The most casual genre out there
>"turnbased is bad"

And yet, everyone is playing OSRS and abandoning DDR hotbar modern WOW clones.

Xelors are cool even if I cannot play them worth a shit

Attached: le_comte_harebourg_by_elycann-da8yr42.jpg (760x1050, 99K)