The combat in this game sucks

The combat in this game sucks.

Attached: Box_Art-MH4U_N3DS.png (902x800, 1.28M)

Other urls found in this thread:

gbatemp.net/threads/monster-hunter-4u-xx-qol-codes.532190/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

FU is the apex of MH, 3U is ok and everything after is trash

cringe

please provide an example of a game with better combat so we can look at this objectively

MH thread? MH thread.
Post those killscreens

Attached: Screenshot 2019-01-12 21.09.52.png (1920x1080, 2.29M)

I don't even know what to compare it to. It just doesn't work with a 3DS. It's clunky and weird.

Reminder that you can now emulate XX fully translated with an unlocked framerate AND hunt online with GU players.

You have a problem with the controls, not the combat

gbatemp.net/threads/monster-hunter-4u-xx-qol-codes.532190/

Based user calling out OP for his retardation

Fuck OP, both figuratively and literally.

Works on my machine

Attached: monster-hunter-4g-expansion-slide-pad-for-3ds-373045.5.jpg (640x640, 35K)

Typical Yea Forums scrub
Typical Yea Forums contrarian
Typical Yea Forums shitposter
Typical Yea Forums Autist
Typical Yea Forums Chad

By your powers combined, I am Captain Faggot!

Attached: image.png (651x630, 215K)

Favourite monster?

Attached: khezu.jpg (894x894, 155K)

Not as bad as world

>starting a MH thread with a shitpost doesn't work anymore
what happened?

Attached: Screenshot 2019-02-02 20.39.44.png (1920x1080, 3.04M)

can you emulate 4U properly yet? playing it on the 3ds is the meaning of suffering

Its the one im playing, im new to the series.

lol

I wish we'd get Gore Magala in another game.

Attached: 1556253446677.gif (208x200, 2.03M)

its in generations ultimate

>Design:
Chameleos
>Fight:
Gogmozios

4/4U had so many new, fantastic fights. World doesn't even compare in regards to what it brought to the table. I haven't beaten XX but I assume Valfalk and Mantis would be up there in fights.

Attached: vrcko1rdehf11.png (1184x392, 426K)

sleep tight pukei-san

Attached: dedpukei (1).jpg (1908x1080, 774K)

MH4U pc remaster when

Good taste, chameleos is cool. Desperately needs a moveset overhaul, but the MH4 intro for it was so hype.

not soon enough

Git gud.

Attached: Monster Hunter - Head sniping.webm (720x480, 2.94M)

Yeah, as much as I love Chameleos as a monster his fight is just not up to par, ESPECIALLY for how late in the game you face him. There's a lot of cool shit you can do with his gimmick and I'd say they did it better with Lucent Nargacuga.

How to fix the game in one easy step: give it a good lock on system.

Was World was a step down in every way from 4HU?

Comin from a dude who been playin this for years, yes monster hunter combat sucks ass. Everytime i play this damn game I’m just seething in anger at the monster and whatever bullshit it tries to pull. There have been very few times i was actully happy and having fun during a hunt. I guess the game just aint for me

4hu really that good? Im new to the series and wouldn't know the difference.

Seltas queen because of the armor set

Attached: Seltasqueenarmor.jpg (637x1045, 108K)

World > FU > 4U > P3rd > GU > human feces > 3U

This is the objective and unquestionable truth.
If you disagree, you are wrong.

>4hu really that good?
It's the best game in the series.

so are you a worldbab or a darksoulsbab? you're shit no matter what.

MHW's basically a meme at this point, but they could pull off some really cool stuff since multiple monsters hang around the environment. Imagine checking for tracks and realising Chameleos is the one following you, but all you get is the occasional rustle of trees, a semi-visible blur from the invisibility effect or the ominous clicking noise circling you. It could be spooky. Maybe they add some environmental effect that would uncover him like standing in mud to see footprints.

Darksoulsbab

Glad i started here then.

Attached: 1553623368373.gif (396x206, 934K)

4U is the best absolutely. Tons of content, best roster in the series, pretty solid balance, lots of gear variety and an optional randomised dungeon endgame with scaling difficulty, seeds and unique loot.

Nah, totally not. At least in many aspects it was an upgrade.
I have a lot of gripes with World, but it's still a good game. I definitely like 3U and 4U far better though. I prefer Generations' roster to World's but that game just kinda feels... messy. I can't really explain it.
I think World vastly improved the mounting system to the point I really don't think it needs any further upgrade. I also think overall movement feels far better in World. Not to say the older games control awfully, but World just feels really smooth. I've also warmed up to the fact that areas are now open world. Now they just have to make them actually decent enough and not a hassle to traverse. Ancient Forest is just straight up awful. Coral Highlands and Rotten Vale also just get so fucking boring after the first time going around it. Wildspire Waste and Elder's Recess are great maps though.

>World >

Attached: Problems with MHW.png (1468x1964, 392K)

That's a good idea, also they can utilize the completely unnecessary and retarded stealth system to have him reveal himself while he believes the threat is gone.

And despite all of its flaws, World is still better.
Crazy how much actually modernizing a series can do to improve it, instead of publishing a literal FU rehash for the 20th time.

>World > FU >
People who act like FU isn't horribly outdated and have been out-polished by 3U and 4U need to just leave.

>almost anything in the first part of that post
>"problems"
Lol kill yourself, literal genwunner equivalent.

>instead of publishing a literal FU rehash for the 20th time
What does this even mean? Do you even know what you're talking about?

4HU is peak MH. No amount of contrarianism can change that.

>Hunting Horn, already weak as fuck, being nerfed
>Overall DPS for weapons raised to G-Rank levels in High Rank
>Mantles in general
>Monsters not adapting to changes the make it easier
But these ARE problems, how can you refute that?

Lock on is a garbage system. Go back to dark souls

I've played every MH game since PSP, the series was completely stagnant until 4, which admittedly made some pretty nice additions to the series, but ultimately it still was just up upgrade of the base formula.
World was the first time they actually changed movement and mechanics significantly in a long time. Did it introduce new flaws with that? Yeah of course, but it's absolutely a step in the right direction.

How is it contrarianism when World is considered the best by the most amount of people?
You can't just use words however you want, they have meaning.

Why is it always Dark Souls shitters who get filtered by Mon Hun? Seems to be a recurring pattern.

Attached: Chitose_thinking.png (720x546, 358K)

Yeah, I never really understood why they added stealth and focused so hard on it. Being in a fight with another monster and realising you're being watched would be fun though, and trying to shake off something like Chameleos or Narga while still in a fight would add something new. Khezu would make a surprisingly good stealth encounter too since there's no music. It could just be chilling on a ceiling somewhere or have territory in a corner of the map, so you need to always be conscious of sound/shadows while in cave systems.

World is considered the best by people who have zero (0) experience with Monster Hunter. True MH fans recognize 4HU as the zenith of the series.

Should I play 3U or Generations after 4U?

You're basing your opinion entirely on what /mhg/ and Yea Forums tell you, if you look literally anywhere else online you will find the opposite to be true.
Look at the amount of individual IPs in any MH thread on Yea Forums, it in no way represents any kind of majority.

>Implying Yea Forums and /mhg/ aren't representative of the hardcore fanbase

To be honest all contrarianism about World ends when you actually play it. Its just fun.

Attached: skull.jpg (378x462, 29K)

Ah so now we're shrinking it down to whatever you arbitrarily consider the "hardcore" fanbase.
Idk how you think you can claim to represent any kind of majority at that point, but you do you user.

Ziggy is a good boy, they still haven't made another doggo as cool as him. Odo is pretty great design wise but he's a joke to fight. At least Zinogre can do shit sometimes.

World happened, user. I like the game well enough despite its flaws but it being on a Sony console opened the consolewar floodgates of modern Yea Forums. There is no salvaging it.

Attached: 1425748011262.jpg (694x800, 113K)

You're forgetting that world only exists because classic players supported the series for the last 15 years. Most people play world as an easily digestible, easily forgotten 30 hour ARPG. World feels watered down in most aspects.

>zenith of the series
>looks worse than some mobile games
>is made for outdated portable device

Attached: 4U.jpg (640x480, 93K)

This desuu
There's a reason even /mhg/ and other online communities still have active World lobbies every day while nobody gives a fuck about GU anymore already, World more than makes up for its downsides with the good stuff it has.
I might see an argument for 4U being a better game if its endgame wasn't just endless monkey farming, at least World allows you to hunt most of the roster for good gems.

GORE FUCKEN WHEN

Name a better MH game than 4HU.

It's just a slightly unfriendly rivalry between the two over who has the harder games, but jokes on everyone, Chess, and to a greater extent, Go is the thinking man's game

I can pinpoint more negatives introduced in World than positives, especially regarding mechanics, design, and progression.
>Utter lack of unique visual weapon design
>Stealth
>Mantles
>Absolutely retarded shit like the cart-guiding mission
>Unskippable cutscenes
>Zorah's fight is literally "cinematicfag pandering: the fight" despite being one of the last huge events you accomplish in the game
>Xeno may possibly be the worst and dullest final fight in a Monster Hunter game yet
>lack of unique skeletons
>literally creating subspecies but packaging them as brand new monsters (Radobaan, Jyuratodus)

I'm barely hitting the nail on the head with my complaints.
They also they put like 33 monsters in at launch and asked for 60 dollars, while 4U had an absurd amount of monsters and was only 40 dollars.

literally no one cares if it "looks worse"

I've played Monster hunter 4U first and them World and world though easier is better but they should add more monsters

XX easily. Its literally just 4U with more fun content and less recolors

>literally didn't even mention World, but Freedom Unite
>"you didn't play the game hurr you're a contrarian"
I wonder why people on here hate World. It's a huuuuuge mystery.
I've beaten it on PC and PS4. You diehard faggots are literally the worst thing that's ever happened to the fanbase and I've been here since the PSP.

This is the one thing I can't look past. Trying to play a game like this on a fucking 3DS would ruin the experience. Kid Icarus hurt my hands enough, I don't want to try and play Monster Hunter on the thing.

>fagaxe
I smell lowly plebs

It was fun for a while, then you hit lategame and the flaws become more and more apparent
Most of the new bells and whistles become worthless or obnoxious, the only monsters you fight are elder dragons, the only way capcom can make them harder is to make them one-shot you, decorations are still as annoying to find as they were in past games, and event quests being timed is unacceptable in any game
I don't want to brainstorm/build optimal armor sets just so I can fight arch-tempered shit again and again

>Utter lack of unique visual weapon design
I'll give you that.

>Stealth
Literally a non issue, you're never forced to utilize it and it takes nothign away from the game.

>Mantles
Only bad in the sense that some of them are somewhat OP, plenty of them simply make the game more fun or varied. Considering them nothing but a negative is silly.

>Absolutely retarded shit like the cart-guiding mission
>Unskippable cutscenes
>Zorah's fight is literally "cinematicfag pandering: the fight" despite being one of the last huge events you accomplish in the game
>Xeno may possibly be the worst and dullest final fight in a Monster Hunter game yet
Agreed, fuck all of these.

>lack of unique skeletons
They had to create everythign from scratch for the first time in forever, same goes for the weapons. I'd say it's forgivable for variety to not be too massive for now, especially if Iceborne ends up improving things a bit.

>literally creating subspecies but packaging them as brand new monsters (Radobaan, Jyuratodus)
Eh at least they're not just recolors, you know, how they used to do subspecies. But yeah kinda lame.

All of these are nitpicks or minor issues.
I understand if they bother you personally a lot, that's totally valid, but to say that the game is bad, or significantly worse than its predecessors because of them is absurd.

Brachy

Monsters in XX have way too little health so fights go by too quickly, monsters are directly ripped from their original games including gen 1 monsters meaning there are no changes to compensate for OP hunter arts/styles, each element has 3-4 monsters and weapons to choose from with arbitrary differences like 20 element in exchange for 10 raw making equipment progression feel needlessly bloated, a lot of the cooler monsters didn't return in exchange for best-left-forgotten shit like cephadrome and bulldrome, it was borderline frontier in terms of animu, I could go on. 4U is a much stronger experience. The only thing I'll say in its defense is that deviant fights were fantastic and leagues ahead of apex monsters. Even then, the ticket system made it tedious and dragged out.

>When faced with overwhelming critiscism, worldfags will just say "it doesn't matter, it's better anyway!" without any point to back it up
Amazing

Because most of them are non-issues, that user literally just wrote a bunch of nonsense and knew he'd "win" the argument because nobody wants to write for 2 hours dissecting every point to win an argument against literal randoms on an anonymous board.
He just wrote out aspects of the game like and claimed they're bad without any actual elaboration or reasoning, just "it's bad because i say it is", he might as well have written "WORLD SUUUUUUUCKS" 20 times and it would have the same value.

>but to say that the game is bad, or significantly worse than its predecessors because of them is absurd.
I have literally never said that. You have been the one who said "you are wrong if you think 4U is better" because of some Reddit discussions you've seen online. I have maintained that the game is good, but not superior to 4U this whole thread. Yea Forums isn't one person.

I really think the only big issues with World are the lack of monster variety and weapon design variety. If it had a ton of cool unique weapons and enemies, all the other quality of life changes would be overlooked by sour veterans. They couldn't just import all the old shit because of the engine change so im sure programming and animating 100+ monsters would be fucking grueling. Thats why 2 will be better. But no excuse for the weapons though, that shit is lame. Anyone else feel the same?

Not really. I still put buttloads of hours into the game but I'll readily to admit to its many faults.

>They also they put like 33 monsters in at launch and asked for 60 dollars, while 4U had an absurd amount of monsters and was only 40 dollars.
I'll agree to everything else but that's not really a fair comparison since everything had to be built brand new instead of reusing or touching up older models and shit. Not that it excuses shit like the Iceborne monsters just being blatant reskins.

Attached: 1551261921504.gif (1280x1280, 1.39M)

Funny how you people always say this but you can never specifically point out an argument in the list that is like this

>AT Nerg victory theme.
That was a pretty fun fight. Nice to fight a version of Nerg that doesn’t get knocked over so easily. I hope this and the other good AT are what Iceborne will be like.

Attached: 2E824163-C78A-451E-A693-72D945FE067F.jpg (1688x1504, 475K)

>fagaxe
that CB right there is The thinking man's GS thank you very much

Why are large elder dragon gems so hard to get? Do I need to sacrifice something for one?

This sums up my feelings towards world. I bought it day one on PS4 and went all in, almost 100 hours in week one. I was making full armor sets and weapons for every monster before progressing. I'd already made all high rank sets by the 80 hour mark, and after beating Xeno there was nothing left to do but grind decorations. There's no skill or strategy to it, just keep killing things and wait for them to drop. The endgame is the worst in any MH game I've played (started with F2 so can't speak for gen 1), and I reached that endgame quicker than any other MH game. Suddenly I started noticing the horrendous load times on console and the shallowness of each weapon since they now boil down to a single flashy kill move that you work towards every few seconds. The new stuff like stealth and slinger ammo adds nothing new (flash pods were useful but there's no reason they couldn't just be flash bombs), and I started noticing it with most of the added mechanics. They're designed to wow new players and seem initially attractive, but they get in the way of the core experience for people putting real time in. World was also attracting a casual MMO/ARPG audience that cared way more about kill times than cooperation and the community got pretty shitty with weapon tiers and meta builds. It felt so shallow. Post release content has improved it slightly but it's hard to ignore that realisation. I went back to classic and still play GU regularly after 6 months on switch (and playing XX previously).

This. (but only if you exclude Gen)

Look at this good boy.

Attached: 1538038183120.png (1024x768, 590K)

So who is gonna put up a room? I haven't played in years.

Do you need anything in particular or up for some fun turns?

I'll hunt anything as long as it's not low rank.

Mhxx is the hardest game but it nerfed many weapons that weren't even good. Cb got shafted hard but brave ls exists. Mhworld has better weapon balance but quests are like 5 minutes long and the game is garbage. This is why 4u will always be the best even with the retard tier relic grind.

MHXX is the easiest classic game behind p3rd

>buy used cart
>has a 900 hour save on it
How

>XX nerfed many weapons that weren't even good
>proceeds to mention CB

Attached: 1539497166399.png (320x287, 104K)

They didn't delete their save before trading it in?

Attached: 4UGENNEETtime.png (654x297, 185K)

>Relic grinding in 4U
Oh god, fuck. I got some ridiculous relics when I hit end-game. I also managed to get some pretty rare expedition quests by pure luck.
One of the coolest weapons I got was some ice sword and shield but with fire element.

Relic sword and shield with sleep or paralysis was hilariously broken. Same with bomb swaxe.
Relics and clown suits were probably the most fun way to grind for drops with randoms.

>got a sword and shield with like 250 sleep and good sharpness
>put low rank monsters to sleep in like 15 seconds
>mfw going through early game expeditions with broken as fuck relics

Attached: 1520798501177.jpg (800x600, 198K)

End game xx is a nightmare. Please don't respond to me about how the high rank is super easy or something no one cares.

Yeah man CB has so many top times in 4u and xx right what an op weapon. You're literally parroting the opinion of shitters my dude.

underrated post

Is anyone else bothered by the renaming of Grank to master rank. Its silly and non important, but it feels like yet another way to suck up charm and trandition in favor of streamlined shit

Master rank sounds much better. WTF did G stand for anyway?

Gold, a carry over from the japanese name MHG

Just here to remind everyone: ALL the monsters in pic related are going to be added in the Iceborne expansion.
It's going to be kind of a monkey's paw wish though: you'll get a large roster expansion, but they'll be slower, casualized, and we most likely won't get to hear their amazing themes.

Attached: IceBorne_mainart.jpg (1920x1080, 3.01M)

>but they'll be slower, casualized, and we most likely won't get to hear their amazing themes.
People expected anything else? Just look at Nargacuga or Jho

NORMIES GET OUT OF MY FRANCHISEE GRAAAAAHHHHHHH

Attached: 10a.png (628x568, 261K)

Monster Hunter is a normie franchisee you dunce

It wasnt around mhDos time

Attached: 1557615508342.jpg (882x960, 76K)

user that was thirteen years ago

This, but also the fight. I need more gattai in my life.

i'm so tired of fighting rathalos though
it's second only to diablos in terms of being boring as dick
first gen was a mistake

Just wait for their AT versions to hit the event schedule. Inflated HP and one shot bullshit moves guaranteed. But only for a limited time!

this is my first MH, why are the controls so goofy? I feel like I'm being railroaded when I make an input.

Stop button mashing.

>made a seltas/dahren mixed set that looked like a fucking shogun
I should have used a long sword with that set but artillery.

They haven’t really shown much of Narg though. They said it’s moveset has been expanded but only showed about 2 plus the turf war.

How do you cry without eyes

>do a combo
>enemy waddles out of attack
>have to amble about to angle up for an attack
>repeat

I guess I shouldnt play lance, but I'm not sure what weapons really give good maneuverability. MH feels so slow.

>about World ends when you actually play it
Eh, not really. Especially when it comes to how tedious it is to traverse the land.

Same here. 3DS controls are complete ass, and make this a pure claw grip game accompanied by cramped hands.

How fat are you.

It's a game where you have to commit to your attacks. Give the sns a try and save lance for when you've got monsters attacks memorised. The basic combo you should be doing with sns is x>x>a>a or hold block+x>x>a>a. You can roll out of any strike with sns.

All the added attacks and mechanics to World were a mistake and ruin a lot of weapons or casualize them really fucking hard. Ironically while they're supposed to feel like more versatile than before all you end up doing is the same BnB combo with no variety and no adaptability, literally the biggest reason why I stopped playing

have a circle pad pro =P

What the fuck are the fun weapons in 4U? I just finished the first area with a greatsword and I'm about to drop the game because of how bad the fighting controls are.

Sword and shield is a good for newbs. Pellet hbg is also fun for low rank hunts.

Switch Axe is the most satisfying to use, IMO. Charge Blade has a stupid high skill ceiling if you care about mastering it.

Not power guarding. World Lance feels amazing all around.

are there any mods on pc that permanently give you all the event quests and kulve? I hate this rotation garbage they're doing instead of just letting you download everything like previous games

Longsword is a decent weapon to try if you're brand new to MH, it has pretty good mobility, reach, damage, and you can't block (in 4U/earlier at least) so it forces you to learn patterns and evading.

Fucking retarded opinion

Gangsta, you fucking scrub

brings back memories of my first character. Long Gunlance 4 eva

I'm with you there, G is a great letter that could mean a bunch of different things and "Master" is just generic.

*ahem*
git gud

Attached: 1536985985315.gif (200x200, 6K)

I hope they bring back the Magala to World.

That's the problem, all the weapons feel amazing at all times. Everything is very versatile and mobile and if you ever do fuck up you can just run away while chugging. You don't have to learn anything. It's very non-punishing, which some people find rewarding. From the perspective of someone who actually likes monster hunter I find it insulting.

Charged Wide Shell feels

>It's just a slightly unfriendly rivalry between the two over who has the harder games
I guess that means DaS shitters won after World launched, now with iceborn making the game even more casual with resurrecting, tool mounting and sheathed slinger use.

Brachydios

Attached: Brachydios.png (904x711, 593K)

Unironically it's bandwagoning shitposters. Console wars, salesfags, everything. Capcom's best-selling game isn't going to go unnoticed.

MHW has plenty of good in it, but it's like the modern equivalent of Tri. It'll likely take another game before the new engine gives us another potentially great MH.

The worst part is Iceborne is doubling down on this crap. I'm giving the xpac the benefit of the doubt like I did World but that didn't pan out well last time. World is a breath of fresh air when you first play it but then you realize they diluted so much of the depth and design of the previous games in a negative way. It was almost like they said grab MH classic remove a bunch of shit, NERF everything else about it even the interesting shit, add a bunch of fluff that also casualizes the experience and focus more on the environment and chase as opposed to solely on the fight like in prior games.

I'm scared for the next MH game, World may be the COD4 modern warfare of the series.

Attached: 1502975337701.jpg (854x1280, 212K)

And That's a Good Thing

Attached: 20180914022637_1.jpg (1920x1080, 360K)

One thing I hoped is that World would break the "you can only fight 2 Monsters at a time" limit the old games had. Fighting 3 Monster would be pretty cool even if its an optional more difficult type quest, and by this I mean in one small area you actively fight all 3 together. I remember me and my newbie buddy were doing a vs 5 monster quest at the arena level in GU and he was sweating bullets in the loadscreen then he was disappointed when basically it was the same ol fight 2 monster at a time shit.

Attached: Guilty daisuke.png (333x254, 99K)

>I never really understood why they added stealth and focused so hard on it.
Because most all 3rd person AAA games have tacked on stealth. It's a focus group thing.

You have to be a MH novice to not understand why some of those changes add up to a more casual experience. MHW is what will happen to Dark Souls if they ever make it easy relative to prior games.

I agree but you can play MH Generations Ultimate on Switch now. I play it exclusively docked with Switch pro controller.

you can emulate all the 3ds games as well if you have a decent pc, citra has gotten a lot better, also 3u on cemu runs great

Nergigante is such a fucking asshole

>They also they put like 33 monsters in at launch and asked for 60 dollars, while 4U had an absurd amount of monsters and was only 40 dollars.
MH Tri(3) had less Monsters than world and was a full priced game($50 at the time). The issue is when devs have to work on new demanding features they have less time to add monsters for Tri it was underwater mechanics for World it was their focus on the enviroment and how the player and monsters interact with it.

it's almost like these threads are being generated by an AI

Generations Ultimate is literally a greatest hits/end of an era type of game, the game has close to 100 monsters of course it's going to be bloated with shit that's the whole point, they packed in as much shit as they could ran with it. I liked FU, 3U and 4U but I also enjoy GU specially after World. Hell GU might be the last new MH classic game we get and in that respect it was great that it was a greatest hits sort of thing.

2 will be better in the same sense Iceborne will be better. They've been working on Iceborne for 2+ years many games have been made from scratch in that time so if you've seen the list of changes and additions for Iceborne you should know what to expect for MHW2.

Attached: ronnie loading.jpg (900x319, 93K)

All this bullshit balancing and they still haven't fixed gunlance the inbred cousin of the lance. Just make the damn Shells scale with RAW. NO not fucking sharpness I mean fucking raw. How many fucking games is it going to take them? Make shelling count as Impact bullet damage and need hitzones if they think it will be OP just make it scale well to end game like CB & most fucking weapons. And don't come and tell me shelling is competitive at end game cause IT HAS NEVER EVER BEEN.

Attached: 15019725249284.jpg (236x337, 18K)

>competitive
it's a co-op game

It stands for Great as in Dai.

I am but I've seen this appealing to a "wider audience" shit play it so many times it doesn't even fucking matter. Just pray you'll still enjoy the series' next installments.

They don't do it because gunlance is meant to be babies first shield weapon. You're not supposed to use it past early high rank. By then you move onto a proper weapon.

Why should your favorite weapon be shit while all the other bros get to enjoy their weapon's playstyles AND performance.

>They don't do it because gunlance is meant to be babies first shield weapon
That's supposed to be the shield and sword but fuck by jap logic you may be onto something.

gunlance is fine in world

this isn’t even good play, you retard

World has a good core, it's just inundated with garbage. Like a cream filling buried beneath raw sewage.
>low monster count
>shitty old monsters
>shitty new monsters
>shitty weapon designs
>shitty element/status distribution
>doesn't matter because same old raw+crit stacking meta
>powercreep out the ass in a high rank game
>armor looking extra chunky
>transmog gimped for preorders and microtransactions
>microtransactions
>timed events
>paid online
>only one cat with more limited customization
>mounting takes three times as long
>they keep fucking with the damn meal system when that shit was more or less perfected by 4U
>worst hub in the series
>worst guildie in the series
>like 3 memorable npcs out of the whole lot
>deco farming somehow manages to be worse than charm farming
I could just go on and on, but eventually I'd just be making that 3 post copypasta. I just want a reason to go back.

Attached: 1539899681713.jpg (484x346, 39K)

why do people pretend older mon Huns are good anymore? maybe back then, but world is truly a huge step up in every way. people are just mad their PC can't run it or they didn't include their favorite special snowflake armor. the difference is like playing metal gear for the MSX and then playing MGS 3. why would anyone go back and play something so inferior and so unfun with 40 seconds loading time between zones.
>b-but muh G rank
it's literally filler padding. these are the same people who laugh at retards for 100%ing achievements in games, then turn around and kill the same monster dozens of times just slightly harder. fuck any monster Hunter that isn't world

Attached: 1556231228354.png (464x618, 268K)

based

In older games high rank was still great all the way through. Soloing guild hall quests was fun. All that's gone in World. You can tank all the way to temp Kirin and then with @monsters it finally gets difficult but in a way that's shitty. Bullshit ohko moves and inflated HP. Only @xeno and Behemoth are fun to solo. Basically World is full of shitty hunts and older monster hunter games are full of fun hunts.

>@monsters
>@xeno
this isn't Twitter retard

>sour grapes fag

What does twitter have to do with it?

Attached: trollthread.png (600x622, 536K)

I played MH freedom unite I think it was called on PSP years ago when I was like 12 and got bodied not far Into it and haven't touched MH since. I picked up World and now that I've put 250 hours into it I really want to play freedom unite again but can't for the life of me find a copy

Is this actually official?

It's officially a 15th anniversary MH collage is what it is. Same thing they did 5 years ago.

Attached: 10th.jpg (1920x1080, 1.51M)

I think the fatigue system ruined most monsters. In 4U any monster I've faced would suddenly start panting after being in rage mode 30 seconds earlier. Why did they add this and since when? Last game I played was FU

just play GU

This.

Aw fuck man, you got me real excited for a second

Gunlance is also fine in frontier!

My solution for this "issue" was to embrace the slowness and to pick great sword in FU. Not only thanks to that I've conditioned myself to analyze/watch a monster from afar but it also learned me to position myself and take my chances at the right moment.

>want to play GU
>don't want to plan another spreadsheet for what weapons/armor I want to forge

You make rath armor and choose any weapon you want. It's not hard.

Frontier gunlance has so many cool things. Like spending shells to buff your pokes, or make WF even bigger.

Get generations ultimate for Switch.

you need to make a post about how great world is in comparison to older games, that makes all the people go crazy

>paying for online play
No thanks!

based

Attached: seltas.jpg (1737x955, 487K)

This 1 million times over. Theyre doubling down on making the game braindead easy. Can slinger mid combo, cats can now res so you dont cart, can literally throw monsters in your traps...are you fucking kidding me? I was holding out for grank in hopes of them actually making it harder but nope.

This is what happens when you focus on the global market. Fuck world, its shit. Bring back old mh please.

Yes. And tunes kulvemoth to singleplayer too

art thou poor?

81NG

20 dollars a year man..

No, I just don't like being treated like a fool. So it's no bux for the nintenjew from me.

For me, it's the Magnet Spike

Attached: mhfzz magnet spike 2.webm (640x360, 2.81M)

OO-HAW GNIB GNIB

How come Nintendo can do free online for 3DS and the Wii U but on the Switch it costs money?

Yes it's definitely Nintendo who are jewish in this situation.

Attached: Killing Blow Screenshot 2019-04-25 12-07-03.png (1920x1080, 2.71M)

5p a day is far too expensive for me *faints*

How do I play Frontier?

Attached: Why.jpg (800x600, 102K)

>finally captured the nekker
feels good man

Should I play MH on their respective consoles, or should I just emulate them? I own everything post-FU, but I'm conflicted over what platform I should experience each of them on.

AT Xeno was a problem for me for a while. Got a few of these but this is the best one.

Attached: annihilated Screenshot 2018-12-17 11-09-09.png (1920x1080, 3.33M)

Attached: 582010_20190421185131_1.png (2560x1440, 3.93M)

Emulate everything but 3U. Play that on your Wii U with a pro controller and the pad as a second screen. It's the superior and only proper way to play it.

another fun one

Attached: annihilated Screenshot 2018-12-16 11-41-24.png (1920x1080, 1.65M)

>he hasn't solod behemoth yet
lol!

Attached: 29f270a3-873a-4899-a67e-0c4898a44b97.png (1280x720, 1.16M)

Make us whole.

Attached: 582010_20180916130804_1.png (2560x1440, 3.89M)

Try again without the cat, sweaty.

I just hope Iceborne doesn't shit the bed with DLC as hard as base World did.

Attached: 1498170491468.jpg (600x502, 197K)

If Zam-Zam isn't in Iceborne I will riot!

Attached: zamtrios-mh.jpg (800x800, 118K)

Plesioth with an icicle taped to its head isn't good enough for you?

giant boomerang weapon when?

Attached: 1535495388182.png (402x303, 193K)

NO, I want my puffy shark pupper!

Attached: 1526817679176.gif (600x450, 1019K)

why is freedom unite loved by these pseudo oldfags that pretend it is the best monster hunter?
shit, go and play the game and i guarantee you fags gonna get filtered by tigrex and if you manage to get to g you will realized that greatsword and hammer are meta and the only thing worth using

>you will realized that greatsword and hammer are meta and the only thing worth using
Unlike 4U where GS and IG are the only things worth using?
Or GU where HBG and LS are the only things worth using?

Every MH is horribly imbalanced

>pretty solid balance
LMAO

Imbalanced, but at the same time every weapon is viable.

>but at the same time every weapon is viable
There are very few PvE games out there where that isn't the case since you just need to be skilled enough and you can beat the game with even the most garbage weapons.

That doesn't change the fact that some weapons are literally 3 times faster at killing monsters than others.

>4u
>balanced
best game, but mounting and IG were pretty broken

in 4u all weapons are usuable, in freedom unite unless you KO good luck killing anything at all before it kills you in like 2 hits.

The gaps in weapon power in FU are literally closer than in 4U.
Hammer is OP because KO resistance doesn't increase with ranks so if you're really good you can chain KOs like mad, but even on multi monster quests that favor hammer extremely hard, the WR for Hunting God's Free-for-all for Hammer is something like 17 minutes, but other weapons still do it in something like 19-23 minutes. And even before you get to the weaker weapons, LS, GS and HBG are every bit as powerful as Hammer, and DS is just as powerful as it once you have 2 or more players.

In 4U, you can either pick GS or IG and kill a 140 Zinogre in less than 10 minutes, or you can try another weapon and take over 20 even if you're a top class speedrunner.

Do you play these games on their native consoles/handheld, Yea Forums? Do you prefer hunting on the go to hunting at home?

rate the flagships from worst to best
>Rathalos
>Kushala Daora
>Tigrex
>Nargacuga
>Lagiacrus
>Zinogre
>Brachydios
>Azure Rathalos
>Gore Magala
>Seregios
>Glavenus
>Astalos
>Gammoth
>Mizutsune
>Valstrax
>Bloodbath Diablos
>Nergigante
>Velkhana
>Espinas

Jho is worse if you ask me. Something about his size or something makes new Jho a lot harder on me than regular Jho.

S
>Gore Magala
>Zinogre
>Brachydios
>Rathalos

A
>Nargacuga
>Kushala Daora
>Nergigante
>Seregios

B
>Velkhana
>Astalos

C
>The rest

>Rathalos high in any way
MH devs, get the fuck off Yea Forums.

>he didn't main GS in the first place
Imagine being THIS WEAK, lmao. GS, no matter the MH title always was the best weapon to use.
Actually I can't play any other weapon since FU, never liked the feeling of not doing any damage with light slashes. Also comboing with Katana or dual blades was too complicated to me, I'm a simple hunter with simple worries so GS is great since I just have to think about my positioning, other than that I can also enjoy watching the monster missing me and performing his cool attacks, while I'm running around waiting for the perfect occasion to strike.

Attached: Grr.jpg (750x600, 64K)

>we'll never get actual monster nendos
>we'll never get plushies of monsters I actually want
What the fuck is wrong with their merchandising team?

but i do user, is just that one time i made the mistake of using other weapon... never been the same since

and then you reach endgame and it becomes farm teostra for the 2% drop

>Rathalos in S
>Steve in A
Switch these and you've got my list.

GS is my one true love. I used CB as a secondary in 4U, but so did everyone with how busted it was

>but so did everyone with how busted it was
It was literally only the 5th best weapon in that game.

i do enjoy world... but man, where the fuck is the content? and why the fuck is pc getting shafted this hard

>but so did everyone with how busted it was
Not me. I'm unable to grasp how any other weapon works. 2000 hours into this series only consisting of running around, charging, hitting, dodging, sheathing with the occasional combo here and there and repeat. It's simple but it works for solo. It's also why I hate arena quests without GS, I can't adapt. It's like asking me to eat with my left hand

Attached: patmachine.gif (499x485, 148K)

>here you go user it's every event quest again!
>here you go user it's AT Kulve again!
The fucking state of Capcom

Great
>Gore Magala
>Zinogre
>Brachydios
>Valstrax
>Glavenus
>Mizutsune
>Nargacuga

Good
>Lagiacrus
>Astalos
>Seregios

Meh
>Tigrex
>Nergigante
>Gammoth
>Bloodbath Diablos
>Kushala Daora
>Rathalos

Can't judge Velkhana because it's not out yet.

>I think the fatigue system ruined most monsters
It's wasn't something it did on it's own. You see it was added to Tri to balance the increased aggression and considerably faster monsters. Then p3rd came along and removed that but left in fatigue, Barroth is a good example of what I mean.

Bump

S
>Gore Magala
>Astalos
>Valstrax
>Nargacuga
>Glavenus
>Zinogre

A
>Bloodbath
>Tigrex
>Kushala
>Mizutsune
>Brachydios
>Lagiacrus

B
>Gammoth
>Rathalos
>Seregios

have not played world so...

- 4u > 3u > FU > G
- world > ___

Which Monster Hunter has the most content that can be completed by a single player of above average skill? XX seems nice, but with all the styles and everything it's a bit cluttered. MHFU seems nice, but I'm not sure if any of the online quests are completeable solo.

haha no i enjoyed it for a while with friends but it's git way too little content and the armor, monsters and weaponry look boring

Every portable MH game is designed for solo play from start to finish. "Online quests" are only a thing in the console titles.