Constantly said to be the GOAT game franchise

>constantly said to be the GOAT game franchise
>doesn't have the best graphics
>doesn't have the best combat
>doesn't have the best stories
>doesn't have the most challenging content
>doesn't have the best level design
>doesn't have the best bosses

what exactly is Zelda the best at to deserve all the recognition it gets?

Attached: 1527717916488.png (1280x720, 1.89M)

the emotional maniuplation of its audience

:^)

It has the highest rated story & soundtrack, and was named the most influential 3D game ever

nintendo points
hipsters that maybe played OOT as a kid and that's quite a stretch

which Zelda has the highest rated story?

Play the original two games and that's it. Still better games than every single game released in the last 15 or so years.

Games as a whole are greater than the sum of its parts, you would know, if you weren't autistic.

BotW has the best 3d, open world exploration in any video game though.

It doesn't have the best in any of those things, but it does all of those things very well.

All other series might do one or two things better than LoZ, but they have dogshit in those other categories.

That's why its the gold standard, wins by default in most popularity contests, and is one of the most recognized and cited series next to Mario.

consistently immaculate game design plus impeccable art and sound direction, plus a reputation for constant innovation and reinvention.

even as a fan of the series I keep wondering that myself, I think the fantasy theme and traditional hero journey just resonates with a lot of people and they enjoy it because of that

not to mention the games are all fairly easy and filled with enough spectacle that your average player can get through without too much hassle or feeling too bored

Attached: Link-Blade-Traps.png (450x381, 225K)

There still isn't a game that I enjoy looking at as much as Wind Waker

Attached: 1354481691724.jpg (1920x1080, 821K)

No, it doesn't. San Andreas has better exploration.

Zelda's combat isn't done very well though.

OoT basically invented modern third person combat

Name a game with good combat

Adult Zelda fans fit into two categories:
>I liked them as a kid and I'm an unimaginative manchild today
>I'm a hikikomori or cripple and the basic adventure/lore makes up for my boring, unrewarding life
You might think waifufags make up a sizable population but no

Attached: Goenitz.jpg (700x800, 205K)

Soul

God Hand, Kingdom Hearts 2 Final Mix, Tales of Vesperia, Devil May Cry 3 SE, Ninja Gaiden Black.

>buuuut moooom....I liked the franchise way before those stupid normalfags became aware of it.
It was fun.
Why the fuck do weebs become so insufferable when anything that Japan makes starts appealing to or becomes well received by a wider audience? Isn't that exactly what those greedy Japanese fucks want after all? More sales. You should be glad for them. It's not that they make games only to appeal to you, stupid weebs.

>games as a whole are greater than the sum of its parts, you would know, if you weren't autistic
Came here to post basically this

you can emulate it, quit hating

That big fat Nintendo sticker on it

It doesn't need any of those things now because it had it back in the day. The rest is nostalgia and being really popular with girls.

but how does being average at every major category except music and presentation equal being the GOAT game franchise?

I don't get why fans of this series wants each game to be the exact same but better. I wouldn't call myself part of the fandom, but every Zelda game I've played, plays nothing like each other. I thought that was the appeal.

Zelda games have never had great stories. They aren't bad by any means but they mostly serve their purpose to move the game along and give you a purpose. They do have great soundtracks for the most part besides BotW's which is mostly ambient and hardly exists.

It isnt the best in any of that but does all of them good which is something most games fail at.

Zelda stories are fantastic in a wanky Jungian Jorsan Peterson archetypical mythic psychic structures sense.

You're mad if you think that, the original Zelda games are outdated buggy messes no one should play except for curiositys sake

Reminder that Yea Forums is literally /Reddit/ now
> Yea Forums's best games ever after 39,962 Votes, excluding newer entries with less votes
> 1. The Witcher 3 Wild Hunt
> 2. NieR: Automata
> 3. Super Mario Galaxy 2
> 4. Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
> 5. Legend of Zelda: A Link To The Past
> 6. Super Mario 64
> 7. Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater
> 8. Jet Set Radio Future
> 9. Castlevania: Symphony of The Night
> 10. Chrono Trigger
> 11. The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask
> 12. Super Metroid
> 13. Super Mario World
> 14. Resident Evil 4
> 15. Metal Gear Solid
> 16. Donkey Kong Country 2
> 17. Metroid Prime
> 18. Dark Souls
> 19. Metal Gear Solid 2
> 20. Silent Hill 2

>San Andreas has better exploration.
Based Zoomer who borrowed his Big Brother's game opinion!

Average stories, with 10/10 storytelling.

I don't know, why is pineapple pizza the best dish when pineapple and pizza both suck separately? Checkmate, atheist.

It'd suddenly have the best everything if it was a sony console franchise

>graphics
>combat
>stories
>challenging content
>level design
>bosses

sorry but none of those matter for the "GOAT" achievement.

It doesn't have the best in everything, but it's a 10/10 in all of those regards.

>was named the most influential 3D game ever
By a guy who probably looks like pic related

Attached: Marie_Claire_Bissonnette_attacker_810_500_75_s_c1.jpg (810x500, 56K)

This is a pretty good list except Nier, Dark Souls and Mario 64 fucking suck

Okami?

(you)

>>constantly said to be the GOAT game franchise
yeah maybe by normalfags
No franchise with Skyward Sword in it is "GOAT"

> 1. The Witcher 3 Wild Hunt

Attached: 1546666828281.jpg (337x367, 23K)

>Zelda is a 10/10 in graphics, combat, challenge, and bosses

Is that what you're saying?

Yes, for a 1990s game it is a 10/10 in every regard.

What other franchises do you think have been more influential than Zelda? Even if you think there are more influencial franchises, surely not even a shitposter can deny that Zelda has had a tremendous amount of influence on the industry.

Mario is the most influential to Gaming
Zelda is the most influential to individual games itself

>what exactly is Zelda the best at to deserve all the recognition it gets?

best Nintendo Bonus

with that said, some Zeldas are really fine, not SS or BOTW though

OoT

unironically

It's by no means perfect, but this is still a much better "greatest games" list than I usually see.

Pretty good and fair list DESU. I would take out witcher 3 though, or at least lower its positions a by a lot.

Elder Scrolls

>1. The Witcher 3 Wild Hunt
Why?

It's not #1 anymore, new list looks like this after about 4,000 more votes

Attached: OH NO.png (838x1107, 45K)

Who does these? Who is voting? When does this voting occur?

There's literally a thread up right now & it's been up for an hour

>3 Zeldas, including the dated Ocarina and the dated Majora's Backtracking
>3 MGS
>3 Marios, including the dated SM64

nintenbros and MGSfags shouldn't be allowed to vote

T. Phajeet

There's something about Zelda that just fucking draws in the normalfags. I don't really know what it is. The games are good, but the series is extremely overrated. It's like Final Fantasy

None of those games' combat is done very well though.

>Majora's Backtracking

Attached: 1525662510906.jpg (408x605, 31K)

A game that's the best in one area but lousy everywhere else isn't a good game; similarly, a game that's the best at nothing but good at everything is a really good game. Zelda is known for being polished and pretty good in just about every area.

If there's one area it stands out I'd say it's environmental interaction and the way that's used for puzzles and exploration.

Bing bing wahoo man literally saved the industry from dying in the west AND vitalized literally all of 3D gaming

Attached: 1527655985856.jpg (600x1500, 487K)

how am i suppose to find time to fap when i have to btfo op?
ocarina of time and majora's mask (despite mm's backtracking) can be beaten in like 2 business days going hard or a week if you're going soft. they are fun little self contained adventures you can just pick up and play. even twilight princess (gamecube version) which was just an hd remake of ocarina of time was pretty good because you got to pretend midna was a real kinkster that got her kicks from riding you around in the dark of twilight.

redditspacing. go fuck yourself op. even if zelda isn't the fucking best its still leagues ahead of the douchebag corprate focus tested bullshit that gets pumped out yearly in an attempt to best drain your wallet of hard earned shmekels.
user, out.

Because girls pretend to like it for nerd points.

Attached: 1539739154857.jpg (385x299, 6K)