Was it kino?

was it kino?

Attached: images (76).jpg (347x424, 16K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=WI6QHE_RJlo
youtube.com/watch?v=K2eJj1oydrQ
youtu.be/oXUD8MINlZs
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

He is unironically the best video game villian of all time. I concede that the Witcher 3 combat still sucks ass though.

Better storyline than the main one
Also witcher 3 combat is fine

He's an alright fella, sure.

Attached: 1557412178884.png (800x600, 187K)

it would if it wasn't a fucking dlc

Both HoS and B&W were the closest I've seen games getting legitimate expansion packs in a very long time.

his boss fight was gay as fuck

Are you retarded?

>Gaunter O' Dimm
>O
>D
BRAVO WOW AMAZING SO DEEP CDPR

Hearts of Stone has the best writing in any RPG ever.

Gaunter o'dimm is a better character than eredin.

Kino scenes all around in the dlc.
youtube.com/watch?v=WI6QHE_RJlo

>kino
Fuck off, retard.

True but you can't really fight someone who is semi omnipotent.

It was so good I didn't even bother with DLC 2.

I miss The Witcher bros

>ACHZTUALLY THAT WORD IS FOR MOVIES!!!
Yeah yeah fuck off

so fucking kino
so fucking based

He was in the books you turbofaggot.

>YA fantasy trash
YAWN

your comment about him being the best villain i mean, not that the combat sucked...

Best writing in any RPG ever

Attached: images (80).jpg (739x415, 34K)

His is one of the best music tracks of the game.
youtube.com/watch?v=K2eJj1oydrQ

No he wasn't.

The wedding quest was fucking garbage. The rest was good I guess.

No he wasn't, he is a cdpr creation

good villain that was well introduced
do other games do this? you meat him early, you think he is your ally but then things escalated quickly and get very dark soon

You talk like a fag and your shit's all retarded. Kino means movie theatre you fucking simp.

>The wedding quest was fucking garbage
fucking what? wedding had one of the best dialogs in rpg games ever

Gaunter restricted himself to make things more interesting
you basically 'fought' a guy who blindfolded himself and handcuffed his mainhand so he could get some kicks out of a boring game

>decided to do HoS before finishing the game for once
>side with ya boy since Olgierd is a faggot
>"Wachu want as a reward den?"
>Theres a new fucking option to ask to know where ciri is
>He says he can't but in doing so actually gives you a hint to where you will eventually find her
Neat.

Attached: 03rjryzfe2jy.jpg (600x338, 39K)

Hearts of Stone was better than Blood and Wine

Did he deserve it?

Attached: images (81).jpg (739x415, 24K)

It was cute

Dying light the following is one of the closest thing you'll see as an expansion today and it came out before if i'm not mistaken

>forced pseudo romance
>OOC Geralt who still gets dialogue options for some FUCKING reason
>dude just lose 5% of your money lmao
>either have to romance Shani or be a dick, a dev even had to apologize for that
>just generally a boring slog

Attached: wew.png (1186x364, 55K)

lol do i fit in yet!!!!! :D

Attached: 1553635549180.png (656x1170, 226K)

I agree, though with that said, it came out several months after HoS

it was anti-irish propaganda.

Imagine the Yenfags and Trissfags screaming at their monitors as shani and her "friend" geralt fuck in the boat

Attached: 1516553026857.jpg (1087x1080, 112K)

>kino
You keep using this word. It's meaningless, Yea Forums. It's a fucking stupid buzzword with zero meaning that you use to validate any fucking retarded goddamn "game" because you have no other way to validate it, and it has no other redeeming qualities other than your made-up term.

Stop it. Just admit: modern games are shit.

At least it's better than 2's.
Yet worse than 1's

He was a shitty villain. The only reason you fags rank him so high is because villains in the past 10 or so years have been dogshit and the moment something barely above the norm turns up people guve it rave reviews and this shithole is no exception.

>He was a shitty villain
Nice way to invalidate your shitty post by prefacing it with an objectively wrong, hyperbolic statement.

Cool guy. I also like the argument he used to justify his work, That all he does is grant wishes and it's the wisher's fault for having corrupt intentions.

Extremely. That DLC tells a better story that both the other DLC and the main game itself. Its short and to the point, doesn't overstay its welcome, and the dialog in the three main quest arcs is great.

Absolutely
youtu.be/oXUD8MINlZs

kino is kino
if you don't get it, you need to have sex

What was so good about him. He's a little rehash of an old movie villain anyway

>oooh i'm a satan expy but cooler since i don't get directly involved but only by proxy
>but wait what if i just stopped time and put this spoon throught that fella haha wouldn't that be hilarious and totally whacky haha ahahaha
CDPR really dropped the ball on him but all of the villains they wrote were dogshit anyway with the possible exception of W1.

>uh oh, this wizard and his dork friend are the villains, better go get 'em, geralt
>oh, they're both dead... uh oh, Foltest's daughter is actually the villain, better go get her, geralt
>oh, she's either dead or was fucked into submission... uh oh, the leader of the flaming rose is actually the villain, better go get him, geralt
>oh, he's dead... UH OH, THIS FUCKING ICE GHOST IS ACTUALLY THE VILLAIN, BETTER GO GET IT, GERALT
>oh, it's dead... and i guess the teleporting kid was the villain all along

Attached: 2017-09-30 20_04_37-lambert witcher - Google Search.png (340x367, 244K)

>Stop it. Just admit: modern games are shit.
Just as much a meaningless meme stance as the buzzwords you rail against

1. Why are you implying that any Witcher story is good 2. I was talking about the combat

He can also tell you how to get the good ending.

He can't get involved with those who have a contract with him because thats part of the fucking contract, thats the whole reason he even get Geralt to help him. Did you even pay attention to what he was saying? He could do whatever he wanted to anyone, i.e. killing a guy with a spoon, except olgierd who was untouchable until he was standing on the moon with him.

This post is not even an argument user. You can "make fun" of anything if you boil it down to simple terms sure. Why exacly is he a bad villain? He isn't

Why didn't he kill everyone on the boat then and make sure Geralt goes free without all the melodrama? Ah but he's a melodramatic cunt for no other reason than being a melodramatic cunt, which in turn makes him bland and uninteresting.

True, but some things are easier to mock on account of the lack of substance on their part, hence my post.

His character wasn't super unique, but he was incredibly well-done. The fact that they thought to hide him in scenes throughout the main game is a testament to how well thought out that whole plotline was.

I really think you just don't like this kind of villain at all. He does everything for the hell of it and because he can, bending things all the time reduces the fun factor. Half the reason he's fucking with Geralt is because son of a bitch has a way of making things more interesting around himself.

>Gaunter O' Dimm
>Master Mirror
>Mirror God
>Anti-God
>the actual fucking devil
Retard.

>old movie villain
Holy shit I hope this is bait

>let him steal the dude soul
>offers me a gift
>literally say no because I don't want to owe him anything
>later learn that not gonna happen, and would have gotten some items with benefits

Why keep pushing "Don't make the deal"

>*whistles for magic horse*
>*autoruns on road to quest marker*
>*toucan sam vision activates*
>"Mhmm....giant slash marks all over the victim....a Drownerâ„¢, gotta be"
>"Come on, Roach"
>*follows nose*
>*guys in Drownerâ„¢ costumes appear*
>"OY BLOODY 'ELL FUCKING CUNT SHIT FUCK CUNT, IT'S A FUCKIN' WITCHER IT IS! GET 'EM"
>"Shit you stink" ALALALALALALALALA *sets guys on fire and they stumble and recover immediately, does a cinematic slash and cuts guys in half*
>"Mhmm....Banditsâ„¢ pretending to be Drownersâ„¢......better tell the village head about this"
>"Come on, Roach"
>*autoruns on road back to village*
>"OY BLOODY FUCK CUNT WITCHAH, WOT ABOUT DA CONTRACT WESE PAIDS YA FOR YA BLOODY FUCKING CUNT?"
>"Just some bastards posing as Drownersâ„¢, here's proof" *shows flipper*
>"OY KURWA, HERE'S YA REWARD DA WHOLE VILLAGE CHIPPED IN"
>"Drowning in Danger" Complete AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
>10 crowns received

Attached: 1540068096700.jpg (721x705, 126K)

>Gaunter's character seems to represent certain characters from the German fairy tale Das kalte Herz by Wilhelm Hauff.

>His pact with Olgierd bears resemblance to the pact in a story from Polish folklore between the devil and a nobleman named Mr Twardowski. In this story, the pact specifies the devil can only collect the nobleman's soul when the nobleman visits Rome which, of course, the nobleman has no intention of doing. This allows him to escape his pact until he stays at an inn called Rzym (meaning Rome in Polish)

Press F.

Attached: shakeslock.jpg (1280x720, 128K)

no, he was a bro and a swell dude

I have to disagree, but both were better than the base game.

Going on adventures with Geralt without dealing with the doom of the whole world felt nice.

>breaking the curse is a good ending

Olgierd was a piece of shit. He made a willing deal with a demon, killed his brother and ruined his wife. He deserves to go to hell with O'dimm

In the bad ending when he breaks the 4th wall by whistling his own theme. That's one of the most kino moments in gaming.

Attached: 7TGQEyv.gif (381x434, 1.98M)

You made the deal already, in the boat.

The item was what he promised you when you made the deal in the boat.

Like... Are you retarded?

Agreed. Blood and Wine characters were generally unlikable with the exception of Regis. Hearts of Stone the characters were more interesting and sympathetic. They probably spent too much time making the Toussaint maps and not enough on the story/characterization.

the deal was to take off the scar

>The only person in the Witcher series who plays Geralt completely straight and never tries to screw him is the literal devil
Hearts of Stone may actually beat out Shivering Isles for best DLC ever

He gives you some pretty nifty things too.
Or the info on how to save Ciri so she doesn't die at the end of the game if you try and sequence break by asking him where she is.

reminder that it's not about letting david beckham get what he deserves, its about doing your witcher job and cucking satan which is the monster in the story (spoon grandma and researcher grandpa didn't do anything evil and gaunter got them)
breaking the curse and banishing gaunter is the right choice so he will forever be butthurt at Chaderalt

No, the scar was the MARKER of being under his contract

The deal for geralt is to disembark the boat, and help geralt more than geralt would ever expect(the rewards). The scar is the marker making sure geralt keeps his end of the deal, which is to meet at the crossroads and help o'dimm with a "favor".

Watch the initial cutscene again

>great main story
>unironically the best dlcs/expansions ever made

how did they do it?

Attached: w3exp-800x500.png (800x500, 635K)

>Making enemies unnecessarily in a world where most people already don't think that highly of you and your kind
>Getting involved in other peoples' business
>Pissing off one monster to save another
bruh

That was a great subversion, the paranoid people screwed themselves over. He was a cruel fucker but the game made it clear that he followed the terms of his deals

ACCHHHSTUALLY

HoS on it's own is unironically kino. Unfortunately it's only one piece of the whole.

Wasn't the deal with the devil first?
Gave him the "Heart of Stone" so he could achieve his aspirations?

yes, Blood and Wine was like condensed Witcher 3, which made it incredible.

everyone hate witchers already.
breaking curses is what papa vesemir teached you.
why would you spit on papa vesemir memory?
just do your job and beat monsters, satan > david beckham in the monster scale any day.
And let's not forget all the friendly monsters geralt is bro with, including a certain surgeon alcoholic depressed vampire.

>He literally kills people and fucks them over for no reason, this is fine, since it hasn't happened to me!
monsters get beat, go back to your sphere you filth

Attached: breathing heavily.jpg (1920x1080, 118K)

>great main story
I dunno senpai, some parts were weak as fuck and very drawn out
What I hated especially:
Almost everything in Novigrad - was just extremely tedious and long with very few interesting things or characters besides Djikstra.
All Ciri play segments.
Almost everything in between Isle of Mists and Battle of Kaer Morhen - holy fuck that amount of tedium and fetch quests. Same issues I had with Novigrad segment.
The antagonists also loses all mystery and intrigue once you learn the true nature of the Wild Hunt. Fucking space elves, really? Inter-dimensional ethereal riders of doom was so much cooler. The final boss was an especially weak character with zero interaction almost through the whole game.

Slav slave labour, honestly it's proof that slavery works and we should keep it going to churn out kino after kino.

They are inter-dimensional elves i thought?
>

But nobody gave a shit went Stephen King did it.

Attached: walter o'dim.jpg (380x526, 46K)

Killing his brother was literally the down payment price he had to pay for the deal. He fucked over iris after the deal.

The kids at the start of the expansion sing his theme, he wasn't breaking shit.

FRIENDLY REMINDER TO SAY FUCK THE DEVIL AND FUCK GENIES
>MONKEY PAW BULLSHIT
NO, FUCK OFF, YOU'RE ALL PREYING ON HUMANITIES WEAKNESS, FUCK YOUR ARBITRARY RULES AND GARBAGE

Attached: butcherin ur mum.jpg (1920x1080, 247K)

I don't think they travel dimensions, just worlds (as in planets/universes) conquering new ones as they go
It's kind of semantic, but for me it was a real letdown to learn what was under the masks.

It's not like Stephen King invented faustian characters, they've been around for centuries. The trick to making memorable ones is not being a shit writer who is obsessed with putting CP in his stories, something Stephen never learnt.

Couldn't have said it better myself. Man Witcher 3 is probably the game of the decade. Nothing can fucking touch it in a million years lol. CDPR almost the only one trying to push the mediums story telling potential.

The only other games with writing and story nearly as good is Yakuza and New Vegas and NV isn't all that close.

The "heart of stone" was kind of confusing. It only actually makes sense if you save Olgierd and get him to tell you the exact wording of his wish. One of the things he wishes for is "to live every day like there's no tomorrow", which is vague enough for O'Dimm to interpret as "to live like you will soon cease to experience any of life's joys".

Man, with the whole conjunction of spheres i thought it was like a bunch of dimensions on top of each other and they bleed through.

How does the white frost travel through space, lmao

t. faggot who would kill his brother for a waifu that will never truly love him

>that will never truly love him
She did tho. He was the one who changed.

That's literally the moral of the story though, everyone has shit at some points in their lives and you can't just magic them away.

Literally nobody who uses Yea Forums in 2019 read The Dark Tower besides you, me, and the cuck mods.

I mean sure, I agree. He's intimidating in the right way but really doesn't amount to much more than a pretty hilariously simple riddle you have to solve for him.

Nothing remarkable or particularly unique. So what makes him the best written villain of all time where significantly more fleshed out villains exist within the medium? Take any of the plethora of villains from the MGS games.

Or old classics like Ganon from Zelda or if you want more grimdark shit like the Witcher 3 (not saying this in a negative way btw), the Fallout series had some fantastic villains along with older schools of RPGs that were significantly more fleshed out and amounted to being more than a literal carbon copy of an old folks tale.
Meant it as an exaggeration, that's practically what he was. He's not even remotely unique

I unironically think RDR1's "I know you" stranger mission had a similar character who was way more memorable to me due to him doing what CDPR set out to achieve with Gaunter o'dimm. Making an insanely mysterious figure who seemingly has limitless power.

People still to this day chimp out over who that guy was in RDR1.

And so he wished for the waifu who wouldn't love who he became because of the wish. Also known as wishing for a wiafu who would never truly love him.

>couldn't have said it better myself
>"Best villain of all time btw"
>no explanation given

Imagine being this much of a zoomer. Also, New vegas > Skyrim > witcher 3

I don't know shit about the White Frost as it wasn't properly explained at all in the game (or I missed it)
Just seems to be some mysterious "force" that WH draws power from and will eventually envelop the universe

turns out the devil is a pretty good villain for people.

user I...

Attached: original-533637-1.jpg (306x350, 26K)

It's basically entropy but in a less sensible way, it slowly envelops the universe rather than being something that effects everything at the same time.

Do you think I don't understand the morality of faustian deals? I simply was correcting you on your flawed claim that she truly loved him, she didn't because of the way the deal functioned.

Not him but you've clearly never actually played the game if you think she didn't love him.

rundown on this guy? Isnt he the walkin dude from the stand?

Are you retarded? He only made the deal because they were being torn apart.

Attached: 100214568755.jpg (465x272, 83K)

She literally asked him for a divorce, did you play the game?
Okay? That doesn't make her truly love him.

autism

Attached: 1478929606062.png (206x369, 66K)

I agree with you, but work on your English.

She refused to elope with him before Gaunter O'dimm's deal and thus accepted her life of getting browned daily because she'd rather have her family who basically sold her hand in marriage to a Saudi oil prince, than have Olgierd.

But you know what, she married him when he got rich again so she clearly was truly in love.

He's a reoccuring guy from several Stephen King books, and a main antagonist in his "The Dark Tower" series. He goes by a lot of names, like Walter O'Dim (the inspiration for Gaunter's name), Randall Flagg, Walter Padick, and yeah he also appeared in The Stand.

>its an "autist doesn't understand relationships" episode
nice

Attached: art.jpg (324x273, 22K)

>lmao you don't get that love means she'd happily get fucked by other dudes for life, you must be autistic

>yfw

Attached: 1526412900590.jpg (478x327, 23K)

Well I hope you find someone to truly love you user, I hope she lets you hold her hand while Jamal goes to town on her.

Attached: You.jpg (702x711, 265K)

get out of my thread /svg/

War of the Chosen for XCom was a proper expansion too.

Attached: dongmin-shin-c-pistol.jpg (1920x1038, 411K)

Do you really not understand their love was a forbidden romance and they did love each other but daddy was like, 'nope, my daughter gotta marry someone who can give me money'

Attached: 1547216881158.png (282x224, 90K)

She literally had the option to run away with him like every forbidden love story since the dawn of time, but she said "nah fuck that, I'mma get me some of that exotic cock because daddy means more to me than you XD" play the game before you try and weigh in on the story.

>runs away
>gets fucking capped by browns and richdaddy
sure man, they totally would have been able too

Attached: 1549822863497.png (909x763, 516K)

>t. Geralt

>He flat out tells you how to beat the game
based mirrorbro

That's not the reason why she didn't run away with him though, she literally said she didn't want to cut ties with her family, the same family that sold her to the prince. Meaning her connection to people who sold her freedom and happiness to someone else meant more than the man she apparently loved more than anything (minus all that stuff I just said lmao)

>ITT Gaunter O'Dimm internet defense force shilling for literally satan.
Geralt beating that bitch is canon btw.

Very true, i'll concede. That being said, what the fuck, dad, why didn't you deal with this literal who??
>impoverished noble literally no one cares about
>not getting fucking killed immediately

He got killed in the end so you know, that's what you get for selling your daughterfu to the browns.

The games aren't even canon, so how can any decision within the games be canon? Don't be a faggot.

Not even the books are canon, so what?

I forgot how he died, but i knew it was olgeird
>literally just pushed into a pillar with spikes in a heated argument
>Iris now hates him, forebers
seriously guys, why wouldn't he have just killed him in a fit of anger for being rejected by iris?

Attached: 1556598908606.jpg (526x430, 57K)

I keked

Oh you're one of those retards I've heard so much about.

B&W is a legitimate expansion. It's literally on the same tier as stuff like Frozen Throne vs WC3.

go sit on a wooden spoon gaunter shill

>Spending a full evening with best girl
>Garbage

It's okay retard, don't waste all that tard strength on an internet argument, you need it to escape from your wranglers.

as opposed to
>where's ciri
>here's ciri
>bye ciri

>Gaunter shill can't come with an argument about why satan is the right choice
>calls others retarded
lmao at your life gaunter shill

Hey retard, better check the comment chain, I never once said I was a Gaunterfag, I just called you retarded for calling either choice canon and not knowing what canon means. Get some sleep retard you need it so you can rape a loli on a train tomorrow.

>MGS
>Zelda
>Good villains
Opinions can't technically be wrong but boy you sure are trying.

>gautershill still mad
L M A O at you nigga

oof still can't read? Maybe if you didn't rape the loli she might have taught you to read.

>satan shills are obsessed with kids
hmmm made me think mr shill

how new r u

Attached: file.png (1200x853, 1.68M)

post it all mr shill :^)

Still feeling no shame for your actions? Retards are the worst.

Attached: file.png (1200x1679, 2.22M)

>Yet worse than 1's
my ass it is

>gaunterfags want to be edgy but are too scared of jannies so they won't break the rules
lmao bitchboi

Fuck niggers, and fuck jannies. But most of all fuck retards.

>Ganon
>Im evil and want the magic triangles to rule the world

BB didn't deserve the GOTY and you need to stop being so mad

I just wish we got to spend more time with him.

Attached: 1539684127028.png (700x831, 1.1M)

Kill him and you can chill out with his corpse forever. Do a whole weekend at bernie's with it and his ghost bro.