Coding difficulty settings must be really hard

>Please select difficulty before you have even tried our game and know how difficult it is
>THE DIFFICULTY SETTING CAN NOT BE CHANGED ANYMORE ONCE SELECTED
>YOU HAVE TO START A NEW GAME IF YOU WANT TO CHANGE THE DIFFICULTY

Why the fuck is this even allowed and still a thing? You start a game and 1 hour in it you realize that you wish you hadn't picked this setting but you just roll with it because you don't want to start the game again and waste 1 hour of your life doing the same shit again just because devs are too stupid to code this simple option.

Attached: 3080727-godofwar.jpg (960x960, 111K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=zFv6KAdQ5SE
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>difficulty setting you chose is too hard
>have to start a new game to change the setting
>lose all interest in game
The fact that this is still possible is terrible game design.

If you can't skip the chopping down tree and walking section then that's hillarious.

I just played on normal mode.

That's why you always start on normal with a new game you retarded faggot. Fuck your whole "muh hard difficulty=pride" mindset cause no one with a lick of sense would put a game they never or dont play on hard or harder. I get the game gets easier over time but if you're just starting out then selecting hard or more more makes no sense other than jacking yourself off for being able to beat it on your first run

pussies

I agree that they should let you turn it down without having to restart, but only if doing so prohibits from turning it back up

Some games are fine in normal mode and others are not fine. There is no general norm for what is NORMAL and this is the problem here. Every dev decides what's normal for them. So you think
>oh i take normal because I always do
and then it turns out that normal is too hard for you and you just want to chill and relax and set it to babby settings. I am not even ashamed to admit that I've played like 3 games on easy because it was just more enjoyable. I just want to beat a game but some are just TOO easy on easy while others are still okay.

In RE4 there was no option. The difficulty would adjust to your skills. Do you suck or don't you suck? I wish more games did that. Of course I would also like to know all the technical aspects about this. I have read about it but I don't know when it will get triggered and how it gets easier? Like die 10 times at boss X and he will take less hits on try 11?

Attached: 1.0l-7533.30-traveller-dark-blue.jpg (1200x3229, 93K)

thats a yikes from me

Attached: file.png (1116x621, 807K)

Hard mode is perfect for a first-playthrough of this game. GMGOW is extremely challenging, especially and the start, and is really meant for doing on a second playthrough, once you know what you're doing. Usually players will do any repeat playthroughs in NG+ now, too, and that makes it easier as well

>youtube.com/watch?v=zFv6KAdQ5SE

Speedrunners deliberately get hit in some sections of the game to make the game easier.

>being unironically retarded
well you are a weeb so no surprise

>Put in hard mode
>long ass intro
>2hours later enemys are sponges
>change to normal
>you need to restart
>unistall

The exact opposite is true, games where you can just change the difficulty at any time in the menu are terribly designed. It means the differences in difficulty are just a few number tweaks. The best difficulty systems make deeper changes like adjusting the mechanics and enemy placement. They force the player to commit and git gud. If you were stupid enough to pick the highest difficulty and are such a little bitch that you want to switch to normal, you honestly should have to start over from the beginning.

What? How am I a weeb???

Professional doesn't use the dynamic difficulty. It sets it to the hardest setting and stays there regardless of your performance. Just like how God Hand's Hard mode keeps you on Level DIE.

The game specifically warns you that you can't change difficulty on the highest setting, but you can on any other setting.

You like a japanese game.

there is nothing more insulting than when you die in a game and it asks you if you want to lower the difficulty. NO, FUCK YOU, THIS IS THE FIRST TIME I'VE EVEN HAD ANY TROUBLE IN 4 HOURS AND ITS ONLY DUE TO BULLSHIT FALLS.

It's especially bad if the prompt defaults to Yes instead of No so you'll accidentally okay-it, and then there is no option to raise the difficulty back up without restarting or reloading manually.

God of war you can change difficulty any time.

The solution is to pick the hardest mode and then git fucking gud.

>Start Game
>You get asked Later "Want the Game harder?"
>Enemy appeared
>You beat him: Game gets harder
>He killed you: Game still in Normal

>Have to lose to say no
Never make a video game.

>Reading
You should learn this before answering.

Whats the reasoning for not just letting you lower it but w/o the option of turning it back up to GMGOW after you get past whatever you're stuck on? You wont get the trophy or the rewards or anything for GMGOW anyway if you lower it that one time.

>GMGOW
I read that as MGTOW. wew

Modern games are tailored after casuals, you should always choose the hardest one if you're a veteran player in that game genre.

God of War and Uncharted are exceptions though, their hardest modes are genuine ball-busters. I'm a vet in 3D beat em ups but Give Me a Challenge was juust right and I would've been pretty fucking butthurt if I started on GMGOW.
I played Uncharted LL on Crushing after playing Uncharted 4 on Hard and I kinda regret that too.

git gud

>Have to beat the game once on Normal mode to unlock Hard mode
>Normal mode is way too fucking easy
What games do this?

Attached: 1552776529466.jpg (504x470, 98K)

I believe this happens in God of War 1

Literally any game that has a Hard mode to unlock

DMC5

star ocean

What's the best armor set for NG+ GMGOW? No mix and matching.

I'm not the sorry bitch who started the thread famu.

Sounds like a faggot who overestimated the length of his gamerdick on this movie game.

Just play on hard like a normal fucking person you have nothing to prove my choosing "Tyrone Asspozz Meme Mode".

>No mix and matching.
what am I, the bow boy? daddy can mix and match all he pleases.

can you skip walking sections and cutscenes on hard?

just pick the hardest difficulty and call it a day? You aren't terrible at videogames are you? That would be embarassing..

>Choose Hard
>Doesn't make enemies more intelligent or aggressive; doesn't introduce more challenging enemies earlier on
>Enemies are sponges

Attached: 1557508973707.gif (450x253, 2M)

>Please select difficulty before you have even tried our game and know how difficult it is

every game has a normal/medium game mode. the hint is in the name, you dumb fuck.

>start game
>look at difficulty settings
>give me story, challange etc
>everyone said its a casual movie game, guve me fucking god of war
>mfw give me gow actually gives you a 50-something year old bitch who is literally weaker than the gayest first basic enemy

I mean I still did it and it got way easier once I actually had some basic abilities, but the beginning of the game on give me gow is terribly unbalanced, if this setting was made for ng+ it shouldnt be available on your first run where you cant do shit for the first few hours
Also probably a faggy thing, but I got a bit upset there wasnt even a trophy for this difficulty, I mean I wasnt going to plat gow, but it just shows how its actually a casual game you can plat with almost no effort on any difficulty

>if this setting was made for ng+
NG+ wasn't available until months after launch. You should have gotten gud faster.

God of War is a shit game though.

If it's a game where learning complex combos is a must, I'll leave it, but TPS and FPS get put on the hardest difficulty always otherwise they're AIDs.

wtf? You play the deep games on normal and the boring ass bullet sponge hitscan rehashes on very hard?

cope

Attached: MnM.webm (1280x720, 2.99M)

This fight was so fun. Reminded me of Agni and Rudra.

This doesnt disprove anons point. This game sucks.

how does it """suck"""?

Attached: GoW.webm (768x432, 2.98M)

that sounds liek it actual changes the game depending on difficulties instead of things just turning into paper or sponges
eat shit

>tactical suicides to prevent the game from getting too hard
Battle Garegga is fun

Even the camera is shit for an action game. This over the shoulder close up shit is used in cinematic bullshit games, which GoW is.

I play it with no HUD and I can just just turn the camera while fighting to see everything I need to see, and the characters and monsters fighting are so much closer and in much greater detail than they are in any similar game with a distant camera. Also it adds depth to the game in that you have to be very conscious of your positioning and your direction while keeping track of off-screen enemies. You can't just jump over their heads to easily reposition, like in most other action games.
And the close camera works to let you quickly go into manually aiming an axe throw or special attack.

That only applies for GMGOW. Easy-Hard can be swapped at any point.