MGR is a low tier action ga--

>MGR is a low tier action ga--

Attached: MGR - Sam Gameplay.webm (600x338, 3M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=YRWlbX92B3I
youtube.com/watch?v=0vp_4vc-btI
youtube.com/watch?v=du0eEWddqVQ
youtube.com/watch?v=QD8-aIFcdgA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

What the fuck is Sam doing

who gives a shit what DMC fags think?

me

you

youtube.com/watch?v=YRWlbX92B3I

>OH FUCK FUCKING LUIGI-

--y.

Attached: 1525277053333.png (1200x972, 1.67M)

Attached: hehehe.png (397x361, 97K)

Goddamn it user.

Is this supposed to be impressive?

It's a fucking shame you can't play the main game as Sam

Said literally no one ever

MGR would of have been great with Sam as its protagonist, instead of Raiden. With Raiden, it is just so-so

>that strut

Based fighting style

Attached: fight stance.webm (640x640, 2.76M)

Then we wouldn't have the KINO Raiden and Armstrong back and forth at the end of the game.
Your opinion is wrong.

Armstrong was lame too though, he's also a meme so no one minds

HELLO MY BABY HELLO MY HONEY

ProJared said that.

Even if the back and forth was good, it did not make up for what happened to Raiden in the course of the game

fucking lol'd for real

>-me
What holds MGR up isn't the combat mechanics, as they are much simpler than games that have come both before and since.

It is the fact that the level of spectacle is off the charts, while still having fluid gameplay to pass the time between setpieces. The game is basically what all "cinematic" games should be.

It is, Sam's DLC was quite good though.

I don't think Projared's opinions are all that relevant if his taste in vydia is anything similar to his taste in women.

thicc

Haaaahaha

>str vs personality

I really like how ProJared going down has lead to an increase in support for games he reviewed poorly, or at least Revengeance and Sonic Adventure 2.

SA2 is actually garbage, though.

Switch/PS4 port when?

didnt he like sa2 though?

I like these types of games but for the life of me I can't seem to "git gud"

Ehh, such an increase in support are likely those games' cult fanbases dancing on ProJared's grave after all those years, not people reevaluating those games

Compared to God Hand or NGB, MGR is pretty easy, even on higher difficulties.

>Armstrong
fuck that fight, I beat him today

I fucking wish Sam had gotten his own game over just DLC, his playstyle is fun as all hell.

Attached: 1555967065794.jpg (625x599, 168K)

>No Vergil for DMC5
>No Sam game
And people said action games are back.

That's what I meant. I think it's funny.
Never played it myself.

It's honestly kinda hilarious how fast someone can implode after only one fuck-up.

We just have to hold out hope, user.
I got my roommate into Metal Gear, and Revengeance by extension recently and it's been a lot of fun seeing him go on Raiden's wild ride.
Introducing people to games you love can be the next best thing sometimes.

I know but I get crap ranks (C and below)

But I'm a DMCfag and I like MGR....

>not having Raiden and Sam as the protags and the last battle against Armstrong has you switching between Raiden and Sam as they pass the sword back and forth.

Based.

Attached: MGR - Sam Gameplay 2.webm (300x200, 2.56M)

>Blade Wolf will never have its own game

Definitely far from low tier but it's lacking in enemy variety and doesn't have as much depth as some of its contemporaries.
Great game all in all though

Attached: 1529347947718.gif (210x210, 84K)

Raiden is a way better character in terms of gameplay and has much more combo and weapon variety.

>DmC and MGR both come out around the same time
>Both are complete shit in exactly the same ways
>Both commit character assassination
>But since MGR is made by Platinum Yea Forums relentlessly sucks its dick

Attached: 1498194211381.png (1032x1038, 1.14M)

That does sound cool, but I'd prefer if Raiden was not involved any more games. He had enough

>female
no

to be fair, Ninja Theory did everything they could to piss off the target audience.

Plus they claimed that DmC's gameplay would be on par with 3's and 4's.

It was hardly on par with 2's

Attached: DmC_SSS.gif (300x200, 2.46M)

>implying that Platinum cant give that to Sam as well

>MGR mod that adds Sam into the main game got discontinued
>all due to the ninja run segments

Attached: 1456736788986.jpg (1080x810, 104K)

>It was hardly on par with 2's
Now that's shitposting.

Shouldn't you be cheating on your wife with your best friend's ex-wife?

Technically, a robot is neither male or female.

Cheating on your pregnant wife isn't just a "fuck up"

>Both commit character assassination
I don't know about DmC but what are you talking about in terms of MGR?

Attached: 1555771421677.jpg (771x767, 66K)

>I don't know about DmC but what are you talking about in terms of MGR?

DmC is a reboot so there is no character assassination

apparently people didn't like Raiden growing from a shitty whiner in MGS2 to the badass he is in MGR. They are probably the same people who actually gave a fuck about the final speech in MGS2 like it meant anything

Really? I fucking loved Raiden's character progression in MGR.
It finally made me like the annoying fucker after 2,4 etc

God I wish. Maybe they should wait for the ps5 to port it though

MGR threads are maximum comfy

I dislike his characterization in MGR because it reduces whatever nuance he had into a cartoonishness. Jack the Ripper is just awful.

>jack the ripper is just awful

Really? I god damn loved it

Basically, Raiden in 2 and 4 was a confused, deeply self-hating, fundementally man who deeply loved his family, yet was equally as ashamed of his gruesome past/use as a Patriot tool and his conditioned enjoyment of killing. In short, a sincere character (1/2)

>Raiden is a way better character in terms of gameplay
Nah, Sam's core moveset > Raiden's core moveset. Sam's dodge is faster in such a way where you actually have to somewhat time it compared to Raiden's slower one where you can just i-frame through everything too. Plus Sam's taunt mechanic is dumb fun.

>Basically, Raiden in 2 and 4 was a confused, deeply self-hating, fundementally man who deeply loved his family

and yet we saw NONE of that.

We saw him being a whiner in MGS2 and in MGS4 he was emo because he got converted into a cyborg, against his will, and his girlfriend (who was a spy) lost his baby and married another man (which were lies but since Raiden didn't know, he thought it was real)

>yet was equally as ashamed of his gruesome past/use as a Patriot tool and his conditioned enjoyment of killing.
and yet it was only brought up in the last hour of MGS2, not all in MGS4, and brought back in MGR in glorious fashion

Raiden was a bad character and fan backlash got him re-written for the better

Reminder that this is the best track.
youtube.com/watch?v=0vp_4vc-btI

>apparently people didn't like Raiden growing from a shitty whiner in MGS2 to the badass he is in MGR
But Raiden started his badass characterization in MGS4, which came out 5 years before MGR. I mean, in 4 he breakdanced with moocows, had a danceoff with Vamp, held off arsenal gear, and fought off the frog squad with no arms.

Awful. How about this hot wind?
>BRRRAAAAAPPP

Jack the Ripper is obviously him fooling himself to some extent

In fairness, almost everyone who shits on MGR’s combat says “except the Sam DLC” because it’s a totally new and infinitely superior game.

never played Sam's campaign but Raiden's gameplay is seriously overrated, I don't know why people sucked this game's dick so hard just because it had some exciting looking set pieces/boss gimmicks

>But Raiden started his badass characterization in MGS4

I am aware of that and MGS2 fans hated that. They wanted him to remind the Solid Snake wannabee that he was in MGS2

>it had some exciting looking set pieces/boss gimmicks
This is exactly why people like the game.

>I don't know why people sucked this game's dick so hard
literally because it was the only platinum game available on PS3 for a long time
It wasn't even the best platinum game released that year

It's fun, real fun

DOKTOR
TURN OFF MY SHITPOST INHIBITORS

To be fair, TW101 is Platinum's best game by a mile.

Attached: Wonderful 101 - Pure Platinum.webm (711x400, 2.77M)

A switch port would be nice too even if there's no improvements. I really don't have too much faith in Konami though.

What?! Th-this is madness! You're-

What? It was the fourth Platinum game released on PS3.

DO IT!

Is this game playable with just the analog stick? I know it technically is, but like is it actually feasible to play like that?

...Alright then.

>and yet we saw NONE of that.
Just because you skipped and ignored dialogue doesn't mean the games didn't touch on it.
>he was emo because he was converted into a cyborg, against his will
Sounds like a pretty reasonable thing to be depressed about to me, though I never really liked Raiden in MGS4 that much compared to MGS2.
>and yet it was only brought up in the last hour of MGS2
That's when his Jack the Ripper child soldier backstory gets explained, but his psychological scarring is touched on earlier than that via Rose. That's really why Rose even exists in the story if you want to reduce her to a function.

It's the most optimal way to play the game.

>that much compared to MGS2
How the fuck can anyone like Raiden in MGS2

Lanced Jack is back

more like str vs cha

>Counting Bayonetta as a PS3 release, when it didn't even run at 30 FPS

Because not everyone judges a character by how "totally badass radical" they are, 7XUchihafan7X.

>Just because you skipped and ignored dialogue
How can I skip shit that didn't exist in the first place?

>but his psychological scarring is touched on earlier than that via Rose
Rose nagging was more of a psychological scar than anything else

>How the fuck can anyone like Raiden in MGS2
because they consume onions.

It's not very deep at all but it doesn't keep it from being fun. It being so short is generally a positive to me since the game doesn't overstay its welcome. But damn I really wish Sam and Wolf were playable in Raiden's levels.

Too lazy to think up some retarded excuses for why the others don't count as well?

I played it on ps3 and it ran perfectly well on my ps3. What was the problem?
That's like saying "it wasn't released on PC because my PC couldn't run it at 30fps".

>In a long time

he's a whiny bitch in mgs2 who says shit like "did you say nerd?"
Nothing to do with badass-ness

he said node though

>it ran perfectly well on my ps3.
Objectively wrong. Bayonetta's PS3 port is infamous for being a total disaster and even Platinum have said as much.
youtube.com/watch?v=du0eEWddqVQ

>it ran perfectly well on my ps3
No it really didn't.

>How can I skip shit that didn't exist in the first place?
MGS2 tells us Raiden is a weird loner that lives in a desolate, depressing apartment and was prone to drinking and domestic abuse. He's pretty dysfunctional. So yes, it does exist.

Why couldnt they at least copy and paste the rest of the Winds of Destruction boss fights for Sam and Blade Wolfs DLC?

>MGS2 tells us Raiden is a weird loner that lives in a desolate, depressing apartment and was prone to drinking and domestic abuse

considering the theme of MGS2 was lies and misinformation, how much of this is actually true?

It's been done.
youtube.com/watch?v=QD8-aIFcdgA

>"it wasn't released on PC because my PC couldn't run it at 30fps".
having the fast paced action game running under 30 fps is a big fucking problem

As much as I hate to say it, likely. Though that there is definite plausibility that Rose is exaggerating

Nigga it's shallow shit with excellent presentation, likeable characters and memes. Not every action game has to get the "Curazhy Seal of Approval" even though DMC is nearly as shallow.

anyone wanna bite that one

More like STR vs DEX/CHA. If he was full CHA, he wouldn't have gotten thrown out to begin with.

Sounds like someone didn't git gud.

Attached: MGR - Sam gameplay 3.webm (600x338, 2.62M)

>how much of this is actually true?
Probably all of it, since it's Rose directly talking to Raiden and he doesn't reject any of it, even saying "I just can't!" when she pleads with him about being less emotionally distant and "I'm sorry" when she brings up his becoming violent.

It's a story fight

>those two baby slashes on the last dog
You can't hide that shit from me user.

Attached: 1478629938672.jpg (480x370, 34K)

>block an attack into an "I win button"
Yikes

>for a long time
Different meanings. Other user has a point

Attached: 02b.jpg (1111x597, 145K)

>t. triggered post-9/11 enlistee who believed the memes about "service to country"

Raiden is cute! CUTE!!

Attached: 1510262357563.jpg (904x1352, 324K)

Nice ass, no homo

IM A CHILD, JACK

You're mistaken. This man is obviously so powerful he fears killing the bouncer, and chooses to amuse himself instead

More like Jack the brapper

Raiden's ass is cute! CUTE!!

Attached: Drl7NNMU8AIKRkh.jpg (540x325, 29K)

LOL

Imagine the smell

DOKTOR! TURN OFF MY N WORD INHIBITORS!

I...I CAN'T RAIDEN!
IF I DO THAT YOUR ADVERTISERS WILL...

Fucking hell

Attached: 1519268467863.gif (800x430, 564K)

So can Raiden life a normal life? Yay or nay?

Attached: 19783491_p0_master1200.jpg (600x483, 220K)