Which one, Yea Forums?

Which one, Yea Forums?

Attached: zelda-majoras-mask-wallpaper.jpg (1920x1080, 168K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=653wuaP0wzs
m.youtube.com/watch?v=653wuaP0wzs
youtube.com/watch?v=3tz40sEM8F8
youtu.be/653wuaP0wzs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

N64

N64, obviously.

But MM will never be as good as OoT.

Attached: oot banner.jpg (600x826, 77K)

N64 except for 4th boss.

There is nothing wrong with the 3DS version you nostalgia fags

3DS because that fish boss is true cancer and ruins the fucking game

The 3DS versions of OoT and MM are the definition of soulless. Should've been on the DS. They tried to 'improve' the visuals too much.

swimming

The Soul64 one.

Lilly pads

Apart from the fact that it's absolute garbage, sure.

Zoomer, go home.

Normally the whole "soul" thing is just a meme, but in this case, you're right. The 3DS remakes ruined the art style completely.

Man MM was something special

Attached: kino.png (632x1552, 750K)

N64 has soul, the remake is soulless

It's a shame nu-tendo allows their classic masterpieces to be butchered for a quick shekel, MM3D is basically an unplayable shitfest, they ruined everything

Attached: img.gif (500x272, 328K)

This is your red flag for plebs right here.

N64 has worse graphics and QoL features, but 3DS changed certain physics and mechanics for the worse. If 3DS had kep the same mechanics and physics regarding Zora/Deku Link it would hands down be above N64.

Attached: 1551671460247.jpg (417x362, 26K)

ur mum lol

Haven't played 3ds but jesus christ the n64 versions are unplayable, they are like 10fps, gives me a headache

3ds for oot, n64 for mm

Gamecube

there are both things wrong with it and things that are better, but there's no reason to play the 3ds version if the n64 version is available

OoT3D is shit too, not as shit as MM3D but still shit and soulless

It's too bad we're never going to get an n64 mini, I'd love to play the N64 version in nice upscaled HD but fan emulators still to this day have issues with the game

Y tho?

Because the 3DS version is soulless

Too blinded by nostalgia goggles

>4th boss is good on 3ds
on what planet?

N64 but I'll take any 3D Zelda besides Skyward Sword over MM

b-bros...

>Depending on how the game is played this could be your first ever conversation with him
The time travel in this game is such a mess

Nice argument fag

Reminder

Even if it wasn't the first time they met link would still have only ever seen this guy a maximum of 3 days. Hardly long enough for him to be referred to as a favourite customer.

They ruined the bosses, ruined the transformation masks, and ruined the atmosphere.

If there was a way to fix mechanics like Deku Link's speed, Zora swimming, boss fights, and some of the lighting...would it be better than the original?

Attached: anju-012.png (591x730, 498K)

Thanks, you too.

what artist?

on "in my opinion" planet

How the fuck did Nintendo allow this to happen? Don't they care about their IPs? MM3D was a disaster, Nintendo didn't even apologise or try to fix it.

It would just be the 1:1 the original with different graphics. Not better, just the same.

what are the differences? aside from nostalgia shit, controller design and graphics.

I've played oot on N64 and 3ds and I didn't notice any major difference desu

It’s already better than the original. MM fans are spergy cultists with nostalgia goggles surgically fused to their face.

The boss battles retard
3DS is better in every way except the boss battles, which were butchered by the idiots at Grezzo.

People exaggerate how bad the art style changes are in the 3DS version. Sure the N64 version looks better, but the 3DS version still looks appealing and is worth it just for the novelty of playing a different version of the game.

MM "fans" didn't give the slightest shit about the game before that shitty creepypasta came out

play the 3ds one. if you get curious about the n64 one, play it in an emulator

different times, different tastes

How do you go from the N64 to much better hardware in the 3DS and manage to make the game look worse? What a fucking disaster, great job letting that happen Nintendo, you incompetent money-grubbing fucks.

I like the bosses more in the 3ds version honestly

Fcuker

It doesn't look worse from a technical standpoint. It looks technically better but the N64 version has more atmosphere.

You must be new to the internet. Edgelords and fedorafags always loved MM most and had tons of theories about the game before creepypastas were even a thing.

I prefer 3DS for Qol fixes and convenience

Again, how do you manage to fuck up the way the game looks with much more graphical resources at your disposal? There was literally no excuse for the atmosphere or art style being ruined, they could have replicated it or improved on it but they went backwards.

Even if you prefer the simpleton "Expose weakness, attack weakness" autopilot fights that are the first 3 bosses, there's no excuse for how they handled twinmold. All they had to do was make giant mask not cost magic and leave the fight intact otherwise, but they couldn't stop jacking off to their "improvements".

My time playing MM3D wasn't hampered by Zora swimming or visible boss weakpoints so I guess it was good for me

Atmosphere isn't an easy thing to create, and a lot of what made the N64 version atmospheric was a result of hardware limitations.

Yeah that's bullshit, it could have been done but they just didn't care.

The one with soul

Attached: remake_MM_compare1.jpg (1500x4220, 1.92M)

Oh no, they made it so you can actually see what's going on

Honestly, they're both equally soulful. Only memers disagree.

Are you guys autistic? He's clearly trying to make Link (the customer) feel special.
I swear to Christ you idiots miss so many obvious human interactions and then turn around and call them plot holes.

The one where the combat is good and the puzzles weren't designed for literal 10 years olds

Where is the inverted triforce? don't even see it in the original.

The one with good gameplay and no boring storyshit. Oh, wait. So, neither.

they made the 3DS version look more like the actual artwork from the game back then

Attached: 1443724859254.jpg (2472x1674, 1.07M)

The """inverted triforce""" was literally just a quirk in the lighting system of the game, it wasn't intended at all

right
left
right
left
right
left
left
right
left

Giant mask was a boring piece of shit, at least now it actually plays differently

The only things lacking soul are the forced eye weakpoints.
As well changing the sun for no reason.

Outside of that, it adds a cool arty feel with the brightening in most locations, giving it a pastel effect.
Now it could still be darker in some spots I agree, but I still think it shines nicely with the changes. Really wish it was on the big screen rather than 3DS.

But boss changes though were absolute shit, and make be reluctant to replay the 3DS over original still

N64 by far. While I only got as far as past Woodfall I really disliked the changes they made from what I had seen. I realized this game wasn't for me when they somehow made Odalwa's fight even easier than it already was. After later hearing Goht's fight was also ruined along with how they fucked up Zora swimming I have no desire to return to the remake whatsoever.

This is something I only learned about within the last year along with the time Romani can invite Link to live with her and Cremia. Makes me wonder what other conversations like this I've missed...

It's already better than original. Readding the full ice arrows functionality and fixing Zora/Deku movement would seal the deal though.

I'll never forgive the 3DS version for giving us that shitty Moon.

>OoT and MM run at 320x240
>Remakes release over 10 years later and run at 420x240
Did the 3d and portability gimmick really warrant these games to be made in the first place? The graphics are gamecube tier at best and they could of done everything the 3ds versions do better by just releasing them on the WiiU and might of actually sold their failing console riding off the nostalgia factor alone

Attached: 1534186978106.png (416x435, 99K)

N64 for first two playthroughts
3DS for 3+

3DS

Why did the children in the moon look like the Happy Mask Salesman? What did it all mean?

I liked the remake.

Is it weird that the thing that bothered me the most was that they moved the bank? The Odolwa fight change I could live with and the Twinmold fight in the original was a motherfucker if you ran out of magic.

Neither, Majora's Mask is shit.

>Apart from the fact that it's absolute garbage
So it's just like the original version.

All of the bosses were revamped to have a vulnerability phase where the only way you could kill them was to attack a giant eye that would pop out somewhere on their bodies
Both ice arrows and Zora Link were nerfed
Ice arrows being only able to freeze select parts of the water and Zora Link's swimming requiring magic power now
This change is really trivial and it's something that nags me but I don't like how they relocated the bank guy

64, the bosses and moon look cooler
Otherwise it doesn't matter much

>This change is really trivial and it's something that nags me but I don't like how they relocated the bank guy

THANK YOU. There was literally no fucking reason and his original location made sense in game.

SOUL is basically the main reason to play MM in the first place, so...

OoT 3D is better than 64 in almost every way.
MM 3D is not
If it was about nostalgia people wouldn't like OoT3D.

only good thing about Gyorg is its actually a masked fish and the Astral Observatory ceiling having stars instead of just quirky space colors in 3DS.
Boss areas needed to be dark like the original, you aren't going into a playground.

>Is it weird that the thing that bothered me the most was that they moved the bank?
Nah, the bank moving makes only sense QoL wise, but in-universe it's really weird
Why would he be there?

Can't find a rom for either on n64 when nintendo lawyers have all links taken down

Attached: maxresdefault (1).jpg (1280x720, 116K)

The fuck is even with that thumbnail? Why did he made that cursed Moon?

nice plea for sauce
try google dipshit

>nothing wrong with the 3DS version
Fuck the twinmold fight. I hate it with a passion

Try any of the links google gives you, faggot

What's wrong with it?
Twinmold in the original was the only boss fight that was more or less lackluster.
Why not change it?

I can't hear you over my complete n64 rom folder downloaded way after the fact.

While I prefer the N64 version, I couldn't help but love Link just slamming the shit out of Twinmold and punching at it.

Enjoy your pedoshit

Gives you no feedback as to whether you're even dealing damage or not
Boss recovers all of its health if it knocks you down, which it will if you touch it, which you will since you have to punch it, inexplicably

OoT 3D is the definitive edition, with the only faults being I don't like Links face, some of the scenes are a little too bright, and it's stuck on a small screen.

MM 3D has a much longer list of changes, some are neutral, some are improvements, but some unfortunately are baffling changes that make it worse. Still even with the negative changes, it's still the definitive edition. People start forgetting things like the original running at 24fps (at best).

This. I'm sick of retards and autists calling everything they don't understand plot holes or bad game design.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=653wuaP0wzs

Attached: scorn.jpg (184x173, 7K)

You have to hit the 2nd phase of twinmold with your stubby little fists that have no range and there is no indication of any damage you do to him. Not to mention you have to hit him enough times before he goes back in the ground, at which point the damage counter resets. I think you have to hit him something like 12-15 times to get him down to slam him. At least the slamming part is fun and you can throw the two boulders in the arena to get him down in one shot

What's wrong with Link's face?

that art is meant to be early morning, the 3DS shot is when the moon is about to come down and the N64 screenshot is nighttime

Why what did they change?

The mechanics change make me so buttfucking mad and Twinmold is just garbage

Have you seen the swordmaster before the final hour and during the final hour?

Now that I knew about, yeah. And the secret conversation between Anju and her mother you can see by listening through the walls.

Yeah WoWfags are the worst.

The video you linked is completely full of whiny bullshit. And he's just finding nitpicky problems.
Sounds like some speedruning incel autism and if you agree with him I have some bad news for you.

came here to post this

There's a full 24 minute video showing how glitchy and awkward the sequel is

Which is the better way to play ?

Attached: received_881584335533886.jpg (2074x1080, 187K)

How the fuck did the N64 version of OoT have better lighting than the 3ds one?

I like both for different reasons and will replay both of them occasionally

I think it's because they outsourced the remake to Grezzo since both N64 OoT and 3DS are on the exact same engine

Besides the gameplay related shit like Ice Arrows and Zora swimming everything else in that video is autistic as fuck

Attached: 1550632588481.jpg (580x435, 48K)

You think Link ever used his unexplainable harem-like charm that he apparently has to fuck the girls around Termina over and over again for the "first" time?

>3ds clock town is cleaned up so it no longer looks grungy, especially in the stock pot inn
Unforgivable

Attached: 1466637269304.jpg (500x333, 15K)

N64.
I'm sure the remake is perfectly fine to play if you never played the original, but most of the changes made feel "wrong" if you knew how it was supposed to be, and they are prevelent enough that the thought never quite leaves my mind while I'm playing it.
Deku Link's speed, Zora Swimming, the bosses, I could go on.

One part this, he knows everyone is going to die, he honestly doesn't know if he's seen you or not, but you're a member.
Also, remember that Talon is Mario. Mario telling you that you are his favorite customer is for you might hold some significance to some people.

A few reasons. Main is probably that they made it brighter in general because it's on a handheld, which is common practice. The oversaturation and generally brighter pallet leads to a smaller range, and feels more flat as a result.

Unironically soulless.

Why no RomHacks of OOT/MM where the models are just replaced with their 3DS counterparts.

youtube.com/watch?v=3tz40sEM8F8
Like this?

Exactly. Zoomers like
and
and
will never understand. They see video games more as products than pieces of art. The only remedy for this is time.

Attached: disgust.jpg (900x610, 51K)

3D is honestly fine but I'll probably go back to N64 version in the future

N64
youtu.be/653wuaP0wzs

Yeah you're right whenever people talk about how great Majora's mask was everyone brought up deku link movement and swimming.
Bull fucking shit, you're just angry because things slightly changed and you can't handle it. Kill yourself faggot

>they never bother to counter any point, they just call it names and that's it
I fucking hate these retards defending the 3DS remake
I mean, it makes sense that the brainlets would flock to the 3DS version, but still

Attached: 1354564733596.jpg (632x532, 74K)

Swimming was not "slightly changed" you fucking autist, it functions entirely differently and is objectively worse by a significant margin.

I handle it just fine by not playing soulless corporate cash grabs with absolutely no creative spark or vision behind them. I think you may be the one who can't handle it.

Attached: confused.jpg (767x563, 119K)

But that's only Link.

I mean the whole thing.

MM's art at least is massively improved in the remake. The original was sterile and full of shitty repurposed textures, while the remake changes this to unique assets for individual rooms.

Attached: AbYx03Wf.png (1599x965, 1.63M)

>Yeah you're right whenever people talk about how great Majora's mask was everyone brought up deku link movement and swimming.
People absolutely did bring up Zora Link swimming, and nobody brought up Deku Link's movement - they bring it up now because it's fucked up.

Aside form the rainbow staircase and the sun's face the remake is better.

3DS. The QoL changes makes it better for me.

>nobody brought up Deku Link's movement
Deku Link's A spin acceleration is fucked in the 3DS remake, it's really annoying to waterhop between places in the 3DS version, SPECIALLY if you played the original

Attached: 1354562468231.jpg (569x549, 43K)

also Deku Link's speed hop is preset rather than how you jump or run, sometimes making things more tedious than they need to be, like getting out of a fucking door near poison water.

I'm saying that nobody brought it up in the first place, regarding the N64 version, and that they bring it up with the 3DS version because it was fucked up. It was fine before, it's not fine now.

The moon's face and the mask salesman being brightly lit from above instead of dimly from below. There's also the general brightness though that's because it's for a handheld screen.

>Replace the observatory's exterior with shitty triangular tiles instead of of the original's constellations
>Better
I'm convinced 3DSfags are fucking blind.

They totally need to port them to the switch at the very least. The resolution absolutely cripples what are otherwise great looking art styles.

Attached: OoT.jpg (4000x5333, 3.48M)

Yeah because the core game is fine and if it was really as good as people said, stupid little things like acceleration changes that effect one small section and swimming changes which are at best a matter of taste shouldn't have "ruined your childhood".
That is unless you're just acting like petulant children.

None cuz both are shit

man, if they had made new Zeldas on the 3DS with these visuals these games would have been widely loved

but no, they just had to fuck with the originals

3DS emulated at high res

Personally I just like his pointy face more, his new face is actually just fine. I think all the other characters are a improvement.

>acceleration changes that effect one small section and swimming changes
That's like a whole quarter of the game with more than half of it being human form Link.

Bullshit, those acceleration changes functionally only mess with the lily pad section and only if you're bad

Can you emulate them on Citra at higher resolutions? Might replay OoT if that's the case.

>MM3D
They ruined the Ice Arrows.

Attached: sci.png (230x194, 25K)

3DS, obviously. Better to obtain, play and enjoy without having to look up NPC locations, better graphics and better conveys what the original was going for, thanks to character having over 10 triangles of details

>b-but muh arrow
>b-but muh swimming
Literally fucking irrelevant, nobody gives a shit, the swimming changes the underwater sections to something that is actually controllable, the ice arrows are something you use in that area only and later forget because of how useless they are outside of it

>b-b-but... muh soul...
Literally fucking kill yourself with your retarded non-argument.

>if they had made new Zeldas on the 3DS with these visuals

Those *are* the same visuals, just emulated in higher resolution.

Yes, that is exactly what that is and why the games so desperately need to be ported to the switch.

you've been blown out of the water in this thread before you even made your post buddy

Attached: 1555287154052.jpg (229x241, 9K)

>gameplay is irrelevant
neo-Yea Forums everyone

People that do this are based.

Attached: file.png (893x704, 715K)

literal reminder

Attached: 1549957709335.webm (1280x720, 2.97M)

see

The 3DS version has far superior controls and the fishing holes are nice additions, but it completely ruined some bosses and the lightning is fucked up in some places.
Astral Observatory actually looks better in the 3DS remake though.

Attached: C9AC4290-E570-4391-BEC4-5A761B157E0F.jpg (480x360, 23K)

Better question: which version would you rather go into?

Get out of here with that shitty pasta.

The game is jam packed with occult symbolism. Doubt it.

KONG

The 3DS version straight up butchers the look of some areas. Odolwa is fucked beyond belief too. Everyone already mentioned swimming.

I haven't gone through the whole game, but all of the cutscenes I watched were simply crass imitations of the original, with egregious disregard for the direction and camera work.

>slap an eyeball on a boss
Did a 13 year old direct the remake? This is just so forced and dumb.

Attached: file.png (800x478, 617K)

>Those *are* the same visuals, just emulated in higher resolution.
what are you going on about? I'll say it very straight forward this time: they should have made NEW GAMES
NEW
GAMES
N E W
G AAAAA MES
instead of remaking OoT and MM
using those visuals they used for the remakes

I just want to know why the actual Triforce is in the Stone Tower. Why would people in Termina know of it?

3Ds Title on top of the N64 one

Attached: 1557616370956.jpg (500x570, 74K)

>The 3DS version of Majora's Mask looks terri-

Attached: 1501616997303.jpg (900x240, 172K)

N64 without a second thought

fuck the 3ds """"remaster""""

Yeah just crank the bloom up past acceptable levels, no big deal.

Aonuma was a big bitch and made changes that he got "confused about". This is why every boss in the game has the dumb eyeballs.

They mess with every time there is Water and Deku Link.
Scrub bouncing was fun in MM. In the remake, you only do it when you are forced to because it is obnoxious.

They both have things that they do better than each other but I like the N64 version more

I'm really torn on this. The 3ds version would be objectively better to me if it weren't for so many unnecessary changes. Seriously, for everything they made better they made something else worse.

>y-you're wrong because my small brain equate nostalgia with better game
Eat shit. Keep posting your non-arguments and nitpicks, faggot.

Gameplay is important, which is why the 3DS version is unquestionably better

>i got all my arguments countered against because i posted without reading the thread! i better call him names and reaffirm my already proven-flawed stance so they know i mean business!!

>Gameplay is important, which is why the 3DS version is unquestionably better
are you this dumb by nature or was it an acquired skill?

ah damn..or when you wear the crying mask to the luigi looking guy and he starts crying. It's a very surreal game.

>u-ur dumb
Literal retard, consider suicide.

>i posted my shitty soul vs souless image again! consider yourself countered!!
Follow the instructions laid out in the line above this reply

What is it about this game that makes it so good? How did they get the atmosphere and tone of the game juuust right where it all fell into place so perfectly?

>Literal retards have to shoehorn in their own shitty fanfiction so the interaction can make any sense
Kek

Source? Actually curious. Or maybe you can just elaborate on how the lighting engine might have produced that.

3DS OoT fixed the water level.

made it go from an unintentional difficulty level 10 to a controlled difficulty level 4

seriously though water level is a BITCH

Attached: Water-Temple.jpg (325x244, 11K)

They used and ported the dread of crunching to finish this game into itself. It might seem buzzword-y but I honestly think what made it great other than the plot was the context behind its production and the pression behind the devs.

The only N64 remake on 3DS that was objectively better than the original was Ocarina

Sorry you can't understand basic human behavior.

you're apologizing on behalf of someone else?

you cannot do that.

The Water Temple was never hard, it was just really fucking tedious going into the menu to put on and take off the Iron Boots.

I'm sorry but I don't like some of the 3DS changes, most of them are questionable (Like the zora controls or the twinmold boss fight)

Also if you aren't a complete retard and miss that key

>The Water Temple was never hard
Looks like we got a badass over here

Have you guys defeated ANY of the bosses in 3D?
3D has absolute garbage bosses, even though the ones from the original were at least fun to fight.

Twinmold was almost an improvement, until they shat the bed with it.
Twinmold genuinely WOULD have been a better fight if you had to slog your way through the first one with arrows, then got the reward of shitstomping the other with the Giant's Mask.
But that second phase absolutely needs to be a cakewalk to make it feel earned. "Earning" the right to a painfully slow fight you don't even know you're winning is retarded.

t. Nerrel parrot
just like half the people ITT

64 and the 3ds one if you hate mm

Who?

I rented the game as a child, and the file the last guy had was in Great Bay as Zora Link. My first experience with the game was swimming as Zora Link, and it immediately made me fall in love with the game. The change is unforgivable as far as I'm concerned.

Because Nintendo didn't give a shit and allowed some literal whos to do the 3DS demakes. Shows how much they actually care about their fans.

aestethically, beside the design of the moon, its pretty great.
but they fucked up a lot of basic mechanics that make the gameplay slower and tedious.

Just watch the nerrel video. It's actually pretty well made.

>soulless corporate cash grabs with absolutely no creative spark or vision behind them
Any time some faggots on Yea Forums dickride Nintendo and act like they treat their flagship franchises and the fans with respect, I think back to the absolute travesty that were the DS/3DS ports of classic beloved titles

If they ported it to Switch they'd just find more ways to fuck the game up. Just release the original in a N64 Mini, don't fuck up the emulation and that's all that needs to be done.

WHO THE FUCK THOUGHT REMAKING THE BOSSES WAS A GOOD IDEA.

>The game is jam packed with occult symbolism.
t. shitty creepypasta writer

spoonfeed me the link

Aonuma, the guy who gets all the credit for Majora's Mask even though it was always Koizumi that brought the details that people actually loved about the game while Aonuma fought to tone down the edginess and make the game more lighthearted

left = soul
right = SOULER

Based Aonuma.

If MM was even a little edgier it would enter into ESRB T rating which is bad for business.

See

Yes, based Aonuma, the guy who went ahead and thought up a bunch of shitty changes that dumbed the game down and ruined the gameplay and atmosphere of the remake, so based

yikes

this but unironically

More like Geyeorg am I right?!

I am also made upset when minor things are chamged due to my autism. Changes make me remember that things will never be like things were again when I didn't have responsibilities and my metabolism worked.

Oh wait that's just you.

More like Gay.org