Why the fuck does everyone love this game but me?

Attached: 590db6615bafe399821f2933 (2).jpg (323x433, 54K)

It's okay, user. I didn't get the appeal either as I found the game extremely boring.

I like the shoot and loot shit but even 2's is dogshit compared to the first game's.
The story is fucking ridiculously terrible.
The one thing it has going for it is the skill trees, and in combat lines for enemies and playable characters, as well as the PC quest lines when they get some in the later dlcs. MAYBE some aspects of world design. But not by much over 1.

>he says on a board that constantly shits on the game
Are you really this insecure? Do you need your circle jerk confirmation bias that desperately?

I found it crap as well.

you have to like shooting and watching the big numbers go up

1 is complete shit compared to 2 mechanically m8

There was like two good things about it Craig and Handsome Jack the only good game of the Borderlands series is Borderlands the the Pre-Sequel

Because we have friends

Attached: 1538117299902.png (198x198, 75K)

This.

>exponential scaling
>barely any loot without killing the specific bosses who drop them, unless you farm raid bosses (who you'll be cheesing because the raid bosses aren't any fun to fight)
>less parts, ugly parts as well because each part is tied to a manufacturer so you get clashing bandit parts on hyperion weapons
>have to slag everything on UVHM
Not really. Again, I said the skill trees are better, I suppose enemy variety too, but overall 1 shits all over 2's abysmal content.

you're just wrong, this meme that 1 is some hidden gem is really unfounded.

Not gonna explain anything I say away? I'm not saying 1 is a holy grail of video games by any means, and 2 has its merits, but pretty much any time of the week I'd prefer 1 over it.

babbies first pleb filter.

just like warhammer games the people who vocally defend them dont even play them, they just want to justify their purchase

unironically my favorite game of all time

You HAVE to play it with friends or else it'll be boring. It's the only way to get enjoyment out of it.

nailed it.

You also have to play it with others because otherwise you wont survive boss fights. NPCs being able to revive you in BL3 is a huge improvement.

Because it's a hit-or-miss and a rare game that people either hate or enjoy.
With friends (3+) it's a playable game, but the overall lack of being able to actually do what you want annoyed the shit out of me. I specced explicitly to deal elemental damage and focused on using four separate elemental snipers so that I could find a vantage point to cover my buddies but by the time you reach one the fight's over
or worse, there is no point of vantage until you're on top of the hideout you're raiding
you're railroaded into using guns that you swap out every other hour and purchases from vending machines are never fucking worth it because you'll just replace it in two seconds

it's a dogshit piece of ass that's barely enjoyable, even after an entire 3 man playthrough i couldn't really enjoy it much other than a few rare moments
this was years ago but my point stands, game's been out for so long the original fans left and now it's shit up by furries and people who are incredibly casual gamers that think there's a challenge in cheesing shit

Attached: 1556391106301.jpg (400x400, 36K)

1 is garbage compared to 2, stop being contrarían.

Also 3 looks like the best one yet.

Attached: Fl4k1.jpg (1055x726, 354K)

>exponential scaling
Not bad by itself, not getting enough loot to replace your guns and slag being mandatory are the real problems.
>>less parts, ugly parts as well because each part is tied to a manufacturer so you get clashing bandit parts on hyperion weapons
Subjective. 2 has more guns than 1 overall.

Wow, it's nothing

>Either you like it or you don't
>IT'S FUCKING SHIT AND HERE IS WHY REEEEEE
Yea Forums is fucking up your brain dude

What's the appeal of Borderlands? It bores the heck out of me on every front but my friends love it.

I've asked this question many times and never gotten a good answer. I think it might be one of those games where you have to be a complete autist and just find enjoyment despite all the boring bullshit

Artstyle
Writing & characters
Rewarding Loot, bazillion of guns
Character skill tres/build variety
Unique clases & fun dialog

The same reason people like any other action RPG: leveling new characters, killin' bosses, grabbin' loot. Borderlands is the only one I can stomach because I find FPS gameplay more engaging than isometric clickers.

Craig?

delet this

None of this appeals to me I guess. The loot never feels rewarding to me because I'm just replacing any equipment I have a second later tbqh

it's a grinding game, you're here for the stats and because you want to see bigger numbers on the screen
think Diablo but with guns

>Writing & characters
what, but they're the worst aspects of the damn games

>writing
>dialog
No, that's the worst part of these games

Attached: 1443239163139.png (1988x2797, 735K)

Based user outing the reddit spergs

I'm not being contrarian, I have way more time in 2 than I do 1. I like the game. 1 just has things much better done in terms of loot distribution and scaling.
>Not bad by itself, not getting enough loot to replace your guns and slag being mandatory are the real problems.
Which is a problem I outlined.
In fact 3 looks great because, admittedly based on a demo where they were probably purposely trying to show their bazillion guns, at level 15, the loot looks much better distributed.
I'm a huge fan of the series before PreSeq, and I'm pretty excited for 3, but they should take more pages from 1's design with weapons, and 2's design with characters.

Do people really find the loot or the classes that interesting or rewarding? I'm about 20 hour into my first attempt at playing this right now and both of those seem underwhelming: you've got the same handful of guns that you see over and over again with a few stat differences and not much else. And the class skills are all the most miniscule things ever of "+3% damage after you kill an enemy" that you need to take 5 times in a row just to get to the next tier. Perhaps the game opens up more at endgame with high tier loot and character builds, but I'm not seeing how anyone could love this game on their first playthrough

I thought that pretty much all the things you listed fucking sucked
I think Fallout: New Vegas is way better. Never get bored of that game but BL2 is fucking dreadful

It has super entry level endgame.

>while they feel an connection
Who the fuck wrote that

Skill trees improve with each game.
TPS>BL2 DLC characters>BL2>BL1. Hopefully they continue on that track with BL3, I fucking hate boring skill trees.
F:NV isn't what I would call an action RPG.

>The story is fucking ridiculously terrible.
care to post some examples?

Fallout: New Vegas is just a better game in every aspect, even the loot because it serves a better purpose. Can't think of a single reason why I would play BL over F:NV, not counting multiplayer which I wouldn't have played anyway

>they're the worst aspects of the damn games
okay don't get me wrong they're terrible, but it's kinda soothing to see something completely stupid unfold as you play the game. Like, handsome Jack is pure cringe, but i'll be damned if I said that the buttstalion skit didn't actually got me to snicker, it's terrible, I know it, but it's terrible in such a way you can't exactly be mad about it.
Since the gameplay itself is a routine, the terrible skits become a highlight

Aside from just saying "all of it"? Or "anthony burch didn't even play the first game and got his understanding of the game from the wiki"?

It's average. Gameplay is fun for a while but gets repetitive about 1/3 in the game. Same weapons with random stats and the story isn't interesting enough to keep you playing. The humor is hit or miss.

Tried playing it again a while ago. I just cant go beyond like 5-6 hours, the world is too big, too much backtracking, the cars suck and every quest is a grind. Characters talk to much about shit I don't care about and start to annoy me quickly.
But the worst thing is the gunplay. Every damn gun has some retarded gimmick. Its so bad I cant even call this an FPS anymore, half the guns don't even shoot straight and the other half I don't even know whats happening there.

You're not the only one. This game is absolute dogshit wall to wall

Tumblr people who improperly refer to """""non gendered"""" things with a pronoun meant to describe multiple people.

Combat ie 90% of Borderlands
It's not even good in Borderlands but fuck if it isn't god tier compared to the fucking gamebryo FPS combat

Comparing Borderlands to Fallout: New Vegas is like comparing Diablo to Baldur's Gate: Sure they're both isometric RPGs, but they're going for completely different things.

>I think Fallout: New Vegas is way better. Never get bored of that game but BL2 is fucking dreadful
Same thing but the opposite happened to me. Always give up with New Vegas once I reach that part with the legion where the town is in ruins, shit bores me to death, yet I can play Borderlands for hours

Because my wife is in it

Attached: 1554332032678.jpg (751x1063, 149K)

I remember I was playing L4D1 and 2 while BL's was a thing. Why would you subject yourself to a shitty game even with friends when there are better alternatives?

Attached: 6423.jpg (800x450, 42K)

The use of "they" has been a thing since decades when you're referring to someone whose gender you don't know. Beats having to type him/her constantly.

Maybe you don't like zombie shit?

Tbh half of Borderland's enemies aren't functionally different from zombies. It's just that instead of growling and running at you mindlessly they yell "wacky" things and jokes while running at you mindlessly

As if the average enemy in Borderlands was any more engaging than a lone L4D zombie.

Welcome to knowing other people think different things

Attached: autism.png (730x748, 613K)

>has been a thing since decades when

You'll have to forgive me, I don't think your knowledge of grammar is trustworthy.

I’m not a fan of Borderlands 1 or 2, I haven’t tried TPS but I’m in no rush to. The games become tolerable with friends, but only because it trivializes the content and lets you cut down on travel time.
I think the games would’ve been better with less RPG elements for combat. Leave the skill trees, but lower the time-to-kill and make the guns more about how they feel than their stats.

I'm tired, drunk and the game I want to play keeps shitting the bed constantly.

Nobody talked about Borderlands really until the trailer for the third one came out. What’s baffling is that people got pissed at the trailer and started looking at 1 and 2 for something to strike their anger into. There’s nothing wrong with them. They’re fun looter shooters you play for a while and then get tired of. If that doesn’t sound like your cup of tea then fuck off and play something else.

Consumers are so thirsty for a lootershooter that even trash like this gets praise. Destiny had potential to be the genre defining instead idiots at Bungie decided to make it an mmo lite with little to no RPG elements.