Still the greatest in its series

>still the greatest in its series

what went so right?

Attached: 61jGUpia1wL._SX342_.jpg (342x342, 33K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=KcoXLBqvGhk
youtu.be/KxMdFMJdeYg
youtube.com/watch?v=73v6KR_X0CA
youtube.com/watch?v=bWGIIxuBpN0
youtube.com/watch?v=-S5CfeO8N9g
youtube.com/watch?v=ntLezQFmkaE&t=12s
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

you really think so? i still like 1.

PS2 went right.

Sprite-based games always look better than polygonal games. MvC1 had better backgrounds, music, and endings though.

Soul
Souless

Attached: 14955-Marvel_Vs._Capcom _Clash_of_Super_Heroes_(USA_980123)-10.png (384x224, 47K)

Depends who makes them.

Attached: tekken 5.jpg (352x500, 61K)

>easy mode

both of them had soul, faggot! mvc3 is when it went to shit

Attached: 2500d3e2cc14481f89588ccd8b36f27f.png (610x460, 353K)

a lot of people like that game tho..

>asset dump: the game
>soul

The only problem is that they look very pixilated when you scale the screen.
The still look better because when making sprites you need to plan out what your going to draw carefully since editing them is a pain afterwards.
They get lazy with polygons since it's easy to manipulate them afterwards if you don't like it so there isn't as much planning.

>a lot of people like that game
it didnt when it first came out and had on disc dlc. It only got redeamable to how bad infinite was. It's still a piece of shit compared to the first 2 games

>a lot of people like that game
stfu zoomer

i only like MVC 1. all the other games are 2 fast 2 furious for me.

are you really saying the mugen: the game has soul

cool sprites, music and roster.

mvc3 had the cool roster too but mvc2 is just a tad better.

yes

based retard

>Sentinel/Magneto/Storm: The game is better than the best fighting game of all time

Lol

Hi, I'm Peter Parker

>PS2 versions of Capcom fighters
Fuck, I was trying to eat dinner here but now I just feel plain sick in the stomach.

go fuck yourself

This is literally the most wrong opinion on Yea Forums right now. No matter how much you can personally prefer the meta or roster of Marvel 2 because you like all the X-Men or the high execution required for optimal movement, it is by far the most "soulless" Vs game. Marvel 2 was thrown together in a matter of months, dumping dozens of old sprites and half a dozen new ones (the only things in the game that have any effort put into them, and to be fair they look really nice), slapped them together with what has been described by the company that ported it to PS360 as being haphazard to an extreme, and didn't test it for shit. The stages were all generic locations and while the OST is great, the jazz is a weird choice and limited to around 10 or so tracks.

Marvel 3 (especially Ultimate) put a ton of time into making it feel like a real crossover. The comic book aesthetics, the individual character themes (all fantastic barring like two), making an existing character the Arcade boss instead of an OC (and giving you a cheat code to play as him), arcade endings, a fuckton of pre/post-match quotes that are unique to certain character interactions, the faithfulness to the source material in moveset design and color palettes/DLC costumes, Heroes & Heralds which crams a ton of more character references and wacky unbalanced abilities. X-Factor was too strong, Zero/Vergil/Phoenix/Morrigan were too strong, Doom was on too many teams, sure, but the meta still managed to have triple-to-quadruple the character variety of Marvel 2 with roughly the same roster size. That's a long-winded way to say that the game had "Soul". Capcom legitimately patched voicelines to be more accurate to the source material. You don't see that kind of shit often.

Then we get to MvC1 and Infinite, which are basically opposites of the same coin. Marvel 1 has a ton of "soul" with poor gameplay and Infinite is completely devoid of "soul" but plays pretty well and has better balance than 1 or 2.

Attached: 1483581417139.jpg (1129x1599, 322K)

Found the incel

>it is by far the most "soulless" Vs game
Before anybody shits on me for this, I forgot Infinite existed until that last part and forgot to edit this. Infinite is more soulless than 2, but 2 had the least effort put into its development.

Attached: 1553553220202.jpg (276x268, 8K)

wow i think you have the most wrong opinion. go fucking hang yourself you piece of shit

Attached: 1522386734881.jpg (214x265, 25K)

>triple-to-quadruple the character variety of Marvel 2 with roughly the same roster size
>mvc2 with 56 characters
>mvc 3 38 characters
>roughly the same size

literally fucking kill yourself

Why don't you argue against it if it's so wrong? 2 isn't a bad game, but Capcom didn't give a shit making it. It's a cut-and-paste job to get in another game before the Marvel license expired, and by some stroke of luck it got a huge and devoted following due to the high skill ceiling in spite of its inherent busted systems and awful roster balance.

Attached: 1448263012442.png (532x476, 93K)

Now that the dust has semi settled, what's your favorite stage? Mine is the Carnival Stage because of nostalgia and River stage because of music

Attached: NOBODY TO DRY YOUR EYES!!!.png (640x480, 247K)

cut and paste job that still had more soul than 3 and if you are complaining about roster balance that just shows you are fucking trash at the game git gud. MVC3 fags are the literal worst people and shouldnt be aloud to fucking breath for having such a shit opinion

UMvC3 has 50 characters, you fucking moron. When you talk Marvel 3, Ultimate is what most people talk about, because of the 7 years the game was alive, a little over 6 were in Ultimate, since it came out 10 months after Vanilla. That aside, my original statement is true. You saw at least 30 characters get at least semi-regular competitive use, unheard of in Marvel 2 once its meta settled. The last Marvel 3 EVO was won by a team with Chun-Li on it, who most people agreed was Bottom 10 at best.

I liked the Airship stages a lot, they felt like the only character stages since they were implied to be Ruby Heart's ship. Clock Tower as well for the music.

>steam release never ever
it hurts bros

Either Desert or Carnival, both for music

I do wish the game could’ve had more stages. Even moreso with 3. Are stages really that costly to make? Seems like a lot of 2D fighters barely have any.

>an abundance of assets were reused from other games, leading to an incredible roster size
>released during (near the end) the golden years of Capcom's fighting game craze, back when they still had some incredible talent
>released before the age of DLC and post-release patches. This is a bit of a double-edged sword as it allowed a handful of top tier characters to dominate, but also allowed for gameplay glitches and bugs to persist, leading to incredibly deep and varied gameplay that was likely not intended by the developers
>fast paced and energetic gameplay means that it's both fun to play and fun to watch
>was one of the first fighting game crossovers of its kind, meaning that it was an incredibly novel concept at the time
>glorious spritework (with some obvious exceptions)

I guess stages are assets that aren't really focused on too much outside of first seeing them. Both MvC2 and UMvC3 do this thing of doubling up stages by having alternate versions of many of them. Airship day/night, Clock Tower summer/winter, Bonne Wonderland Summer/Winter, SHIELD Helicarrier day/night (although the Day version exists because the Night version was fucking unplayable if you used black colors). I personally really liked the repurposing of Metro City into Days of Future Past and the color palette on City That Never Sleeps.

>I beat a bunch of 16 year olds using MSS with Cable/Strider/Wolverine, so the game isn't a mess!

It's a good fun game but there's no denying it was hastily put together, reused tons of assets, had horrible balance and tons of bugs and glitches
I still love it, but it would be torn apart if it released today, and rightly so.

MvC3 still has the best combo system in any fighting game imo , it allows so much room for improvisation and creative expression. I would legit just play training mode for hours

>3D remaster never
> 3D Amingo and Ruby Heart never ever

Attached: A95256D3-CA5B-4D74-8018-1CC427819E7E.png (630x557, 309K)

MvC3 is 8 years old, actual zoomer.

To be fair Chun did basically nothing in finals besides get stomped on. It was the other two who picked up the slack.

3 is definitely more balanced though, that seems pretty irrefutable.

All this talk of soul is pointless since its meme use has diluted whatever common meaning the word once had here. 2 is my favorite because I have the most fun with it, 3 I’m kinda meh toward but I do respect it. Haven’t played it that much honestly, I have a harder time sticking with it for extended periods. I think the blaring fast music and flashy effects become a bit too much, 2 is fast and flashy as fuck but the music and visual style also make it mellower and easier to play for a long time.

I’m shit at all these games but they’re fun anyway. Even if I can’t consistently beat the normal arcade mode. One day Im gonna be a god tier thanos player just you all wait.

>not the dreamcast version

Dreamcast version is best, but you need a Saturn controller adapter to play it since the Dreamcast controller is junk.

Marvel 2 has like 7 new characters and they don't even look as good as the old characters

Most based post on Yea Forums
Nice work making 2tards who don't play fighting games seethe

>he posts the PS2 version.
Nigga, you played it on Dreamcast, or you didn't play at all. Literally arcade perfect since it shared the hardware it was originally made for, while the PS2 and Xbox versions were ports.
Best song:

Attached: marvelvscapcom2.jpg (1400x1400, 246K)

>3D remaster never
Good.
Fuck this "it's 20xx and everything must be in 3D" nonsense.

I’ve barely played 3. What about its combo system is so good?

Most expression I’ve ever seen in a fighting game is the skullgirls custom assist mechanic since its so versatile and allows for so much. And I mean skullgirls is basically an mvc in everything but name as far as I can tell.

>Play it on Dreamcast
>its more right

Attached: cool bass.jpg (120x117, 2K)

Why hasn’t there been a pc port?

>this and scott pilgrim will never be re released

Attached: 1505279732047.png (400x416, 41K)

It's works on an a b c system of attacks scaling upwards in strength chaining into each other. Then you launch and do the same in the air - in theory.
However you can have two renounces in a combo, use two assists , you can switch over to another character multiple times mid combo, most characters have upwards of 10 combinable specials and someone like Dante has 30. You also get a wall bounce

Basically lots of options within a simple formula means easy exploration for combo writing

based
cringe

>who don't play fighting games
that would be the 3fags who need 1 button to do a combo

Marvel 3 doesn't have custom assists but it does have three per character and outside of the outright god-tier assists (Doom Missiles, Cold Star, Samurai Edge, Sent Drones) every character has at least one that's useful, sometimes two.

Marvel 3's combo system allowed you to fill whatever you wanted into its magic series (gattling into S, jump after, do whatever into j.S for a knockdown). It also gave out knockdowns pretty freely, gave certain moves long juggle times (especially DHCs), and had unlimited OTGs per-combo unlike most games of this type. Couple that with a pretty generous hitstun decay system and exceptions to that system after TACs, and you could come up with whatever you wanted almost. Despite all this, you had to work around one wallbounce, one groundbounce, and one use of each assist per combo.

Watch Strange Falteen loops, Spidey Web Throw loops that travel the whole stage, every Zero BnB, most advanced Spencer combos, Dormammu Power Of The combos, Doom TAC combos, Frank West team-specific level-up combos, and basically any high-level Dante. You'll see it.

Attached: Cloud805 UMvC3 Dante SSStyle.webm (480x360, 2.8M)

>3D remaster

Attached: 1444884492657.gif (416x410, 876K)

3 predates the Autocombo craze in fighters though. It has LMHS instead of LP/HP/LK/HK, which is a more streamlined layout, but advanced combos that actually do serious damage require execution unless you're playing as characters meant to have easy damage like Hulk, and even Hulk has advanced confirms and combo routes like chaining Gamma Charges and linking after L Gamma Wave in the corner.

>What about its combo system is so good?
it requires no skill and is casualized thats why you see all these seething zoomers in this thread with wrong opinions

>Unironcally liking MvC to begin with
You fags are what's completely wrong with the FGC

>Playing anything but DC version.

Attached: 1553792748680.jpg (500x429, 62K)

So I know DC version is arcade perfect, but what about the other ports makes them arcade imperfect? What exactly are the faults of these ports?

PS2 have slowdowns on top of looking like ass and all ports remove some glitches.

GONNA TAKE YOU FOR A RIDE

Attached: 1552634397376.png (589x583, 392K)

i only posted the ps2 version because if i posted the dreamcast version this thread would be dead. you guys are autistic as fuck

I bet you play RE4 on PS2 too fag.

MvC2 is the worst in the series though

Is this the most slept on of the Vs. Series? Zero and Blade aside, it was the most fun.

Attached: tvc-p.jpg (1024x1448, 1.41M)

I like 2's base gameplay more because it's more reset focused instead of ToD's and doesn't have x-factor nonsense but 3 has way better character variety, balance, music, visuals, and the roster is more fleshed out.

Attached: 1550696270338.gif (500x521, 133K)

THANOS REIGNS!!

POWER
SPACE
SOUL
REALITY

Karas HP is too shit to be a proper threat since it take a effort to not get hit.

Now Zero is absolute horseshit.

>3 has way better character variety, balance, music, visuals, and the roster is more fleshed out.
>characters
wrong no cut roster and took out the best of 2
>visuals
wrong
>balance
wrong
and you are a little bitch crying about balance

TvC is just a miracle of a game. No clue how it happened, how it got localized with only one character being lost in the process (and five added to make up for it), how it managed to blend MvC and traditional anime fighters well mechanically, and how its roster was off the wall and fun as fuck. I prefer UMvC3 but TvC:UAS is a very close second. Alex/Saki with a pocket PTX here.

Now this is a reasonable Marvel 2 poster.

Attached: 1553372234251.jpg (1024x993, 101K)

Attached: tenor.gif (414x474, 78K)

Bruh. MvC2 is about as balanced as Melee. You get about 8 good characters and the rest are shit.

git gud

The roster was fine but music made me want to take a nap, it was some dull shit

Attached: 1493960469877.jpg (672x658, 131K)

ur mom is some dull shit

shut the fuck up. 2 had a fuckload of redundant characters and trash that nobody cared about. Dante alone is worth more than half of 2's roster. 5 different versions of ryu who are all terrible isn't a good roster. The only big losses from 2 to 3 were thanos, cyclops, and jin

Attached: 1545129677446.jpg (1024x768, 332K)

And Jill given what 3 turned her into.

>. Dante alone is worth more than half of 2's roster
says the weeabo shit taste faggot.

Name one, JUST ONE track that makes you pumped to play the game
>GONNA TAKE YOU FOR A RIDE
Memorable but BOOOOOOOOORIIIIIIIING!

Attached: 1458263212699.jpg (166x168, 4K)

>no love for mega man

Attached: 1556996700979.jpg (164x189, 10K)

desert stage

you have shit taste

Eh, I'd say Venom was a pretty sad loss, and CapCom should've become a staple in Vs games. I didn't miss Rock gameplay-wise but 3 just having Zero & Tron felt weird, too. Beyond that you're right, a lot of SF Alpha/Darkstalkers/X-Men fluff on the roster, and some of the remaing characters that were both cool and fun like Hayato, Blackheart, and Rogue weren't really relevant by the time of 3.

Ruby & Amingo could've become resident Capcom mascots in a different timeline as well, since they weren't actually affiliated with any other game despite being scrapped Darkstalkers.

Hayato was pretty weird on mahvel, it felt like he belonged to CVS due more ground based gameplay.

You have shit taste, that song sucks ass and it doesn't belong on a fighting game, it belongs to an old as fuck contest show like wheel of fortune

>Marvel 2 adds MC from Itsuno's first directorial credit to the roster with high-quality sprites
>CvS2, a game directed by Itsuno with a roster that only includes fighting game characters and has SamSho and Last Blade characters on SNK's side is being made
>Hayato sprites not reused, just added Kyosuke from Rival Schools alongside a random SF1 character and a Final Fight character (but not Cody or Guy or Haggar)
>Still has the Morrigan sprite that looks completely out of place in there just because

fuck off with your shit taste faggot

>SNK get new sprites based on old ones except for Rock who just get a update.
>Aside Ryu/Ken and new characters every single Capcom sprite is reused from CPS2/3.

Mahvel was lazy but at least everyone is under similar artstyle. CVS was a massive clusterfuck.

Attached: 1553827665170.jpg (278x446, 31K)

Capcom's arcade division was on their last legs at that point. The fact they were able to make as many new sprites for CvS as they did was something of a miracle.

Sorry, Yea Forumsros, but 1 had more SOUL.
youtu.be/KxMdFMJdeYg

Attached: a249a8ff-2ef8-4408-9ca8-2bab5803838a.png (1440x1080, 1.04M)

CvS2 was a pretty good last gasp despite its relatively boring roster and the unbalanced grooves. Still a ton of fun to bust out and play, especially my boy Haohmaru.

I want Itsuno to direct another fighting game, after he makes Dragon's Dogma 2 of course. Also the next Vs game should have a Dragon's Dogma rep.

>Those huge ass unlock codes.

What the fuck they were smoking? Roll is at least doable but the rest is absolute bullshit.

Attached: 1554070998304.png (554x437, 366K)

Secret characters are meant to be hard to get.

Marvel 1 has such a weird roster. I get that its size is comparable to all the previous games, but you have Marvel's side being slightly larger, Captain Commando/Strider/Cyberbots getting reps, Gambit and War Machine getting spots for some reason, Gief being the third SF rep for some reason, War Machine getting the spotlight over Iron Man. I know the 90s were different in regards to what was relevant but it's still such a weird group to look at.

Capcom didn't had license for Ironman back them, thats why he is also missing from MSHvsSF.

Ironman was caught up in some legal bullshit at the time and gambit was insanely popular in the 90s

PS2 is for loser.
Dreamcast is for full mast.

Ah, my first character every time.

So you didn't play three then.

>Captain Commando/Strider/Cyberbots getting reps
Well, this was the first game that was actually Marvel VS "CAPCOM" and not just Marvel VS Street Fighter. So they had to add something else. And this was back before stuff like Devil May Cry, Monster Hunter, Ace Attorney or the Clover games even existed. Even Resident Evil had only just barely begun as a franchise at that point.

in other questions, anyone knows how capcom got the right dimensions to draw the sprites wider, i know they were wider to then have them in the right proportions while played on 4:3, but the original pixels were still square.

but how does one draws sprites like them now, what software they used?

Attached: 1527213752381.jpg (800x1273, 145K)

They actually had special graph paper made that had cels in the proper rectangular shape that the pixels and tiles would be when displayed on the 4:3 screen.

Attached: BuXHVuQCIAILZKy.jpg (852x1136, 113K)

I don't remember the software that everyone used back on 90s but it was brush something.

Attached: 1553814789377.png (965x811, 495K)

I mentioned this because if you try to draw sprites today like Capcom did, the semi wide dimensions for 4:3, how do you calculate that?

Yes i know how it was done, but i wonder, how could you do that today? Aseprite has 2 options for non square pixels, but they are nothing like that, there more like too wide rectangles.

They weren't wide.

You just grew accustomed with fucked up resolution.

Attached: mvsc000.png (384x224, 22K)

Ultimate was unbalanced as fuck.

Vergil & Phoenix were only a problem because of X-Factor. The only truly busted characters were Zero & Morrigan, and Morrigan needed Doom to play to her fullest. Even then, if you win the scramble and have good synergy you could win against God-Tiers 90% of the time. Only in specific situations like Haggar vs Magneto was shit basically unwinnable.

just about every character in umvc3 can be put into a team with some degree of success, which is 10x better than 2. Even excluding shit like roll-tier there are huge chunks of characters that just suck dick and bring nothing to a team

Attached: 1526781149009.webm (176x144, 2.49M)

Is this a ride for ants?

this is 100% true. While you can mess around a little in MvC2 you can do a lot more in MvC3.

This. There were character specialists and unique teams that garnered success in 3's meta:
>iHeartJustice's Wright and the guy in your webm who also used Trish to her full extent (along with KBrad who ran Team DMC)
>Abegen (Thor/Tron/She-Hulk)
>Nemo (Nova/Spencer/Strange with a very focused gameplan)
>Kusoru (although his team and playstyle was him taking the piss out of the game)
>KBR's big body team
>Scamby's Nemesis/Chris/Wesker team
>LLND making Chris & Hsien-Ko do work
>Marlinpie's Viper and Ammy, plus doing Doom combos nobody else did
>Moons and other high IQ dudes running MODOK
>RayRay's Ryu
>Cl0ck still running Strider
>MameSpider
>JWong being the only Storm in the whole meta but winning majors and EVO with her
>Angelic's Shuma, and him being one of the best Dormammus as well alongside FChamp when he wasn't using Phoenix
>ApologyMan's Firebrand team
>Dieminion playing a non-Morrigan keepaway team with Joe & Strange
>that guy whose name sadly escapes me that ran Skrull & Felicia and got deep in tournaments
>RyanLV winning EVO with Chun on his team
Then you still had crazy shit happening in tournaments like that Mexican guy running CapAm and MODOK in Top 8 of EVO, the handful of strong Arthur players, and another time at EVO where a Jill player sent ChrisG to Losers. That's before you get into how many characters were actually considered meta beyond the 4 gods (Zero/Vergil/Phoenix/Morrigan) and the ever-versatile Doom. Wolverine, Akuma, Sentinel, Hawkeye, Wesker, Spencer, Taskmaster, Magneto, Dante, etc.

Even almost-nevers like Deadpool & X-23 had worthwhile tech if you learned it (X-23 with 3 bars could kill a full team off of one hitconfirm solo if your execution was consistent). Only Ghost Rider and Iron Fist were unviable, really, and by god I've tried to build teams around them. Ghost Rider/Thor/Arthur is decent synergy actually, and I've found that Iron Fist/Spencer/Sentinel gelled well.

Attached: 1503702407519.jpg (419x479, 180K)

Photoshop can do non-square pixels

This. Make a new image with a width of 384 and a height of 224, then go to View > Pixel Aspect Ratio, > Custom Aspect Ratio and type 0.78 into the Factor field. You'll now have a properly-scaled CPS screen to work on.

0.83 but yeah

Even characters like spiderman had oddly good matchups. Like spiderman was actually good vs any team that relies on doom assist. The way he moves around and his size somehow naturally avoids it.

Spidey was Upper-Mid or Lower-High, he just had really high execution and extremely specific assist requirements (granted one of them was Doom Missiles which is and S+ assist anyway but you can just play Morridoom instead). He and Viper were only rare because they needed more work, but they were really strong.

BUT I WON'T LET YOU GOO-OWO-OoOH

Is the PS2 version rare? I've only ever seen one copy.

I bought a version once, then realized my ps2 was broken, so I returned it. I wonder if I should have taken the $60 hit.

It's massive roster.

Roster normally isn't THAT important in fighting games, but it means a lot more when it's a crossover with 2 companies that have a massive list of IPs to choose from.

It also is fun despite not being that well balanced.

>Recycled sprites
>Most of them lost a lot of animation frames (looking at you, Sentinel)
>Only 6 of them were viable
>And all of them were mutants too
>Over a fourth of the whole roster is composed of X-Men characters
>There were only about six scratch-made characters
>Two fucking Wolverines
>No revamps for characters like Colossus
>No important Marvel characters like Ghost Rider, Dr. Strange, Thor, Daredevil, Jubilee or Silver Surfer

Can anyone please tell me again why this game is so good without "muh childhood" and the fancy character number? FFS, Smash Ultimate and UMvC3 make this game look like trash.

>Opponent picks Zero
>Get hit once with a jab
>Die instantly with no chance of survival

No, its shit. Its a good game thats ruined with touch of death bullshit. MvC3 is a game that does not let you play it at all unless you have touch of death combos with everyone. Its a well made game. But its also kusoge.

My friend had a spidey/dorm/x23 lineup that was pretty good. He had good unblockable setups for spiderman, and you could combo into the fire orb from them

NICE, THANK YOU FELLAS......

i wish Aseprite and CSP will have such options as well......

It looks really, really good in the arcade. The skillcap for it is ridiculously high. In a tournament youre only wise to pick maybe 8 or 9 characters, but every character can do crazy insane bullshit that blows you up instantly. Play it online. Get wrecked by Dan/Wolverine/Omega Red. Everyone has potential, but you can't be a WIN EVERY GAME tryhard. You have to actually enjoy getting good at it to play it right.

Nigger

MvC1 is fantastic, one of the finest fightan ever made.
MvC2 is a clusterfuck but fun.
MvC3 is great gameplay-wise but no mega man so fuck it.
MvCI never happened.

youtube.com/watch?v=73v6KR_X0CA

Challenge accepted!

capcom vs snk 3 never ever ever..

>Mahvel is dead and buried in a shallow grave
>CvS and TvC will never come back
It's time for Capcom vs Capcom. 50 Capcom characters, fuck other companies.

>not swamp stage
Nigga do you even jazz?
youtube.com/watch?v=bWGIIxuBpN0

>50 characters
pipe dream of pipe dreams
here is what they'd actually do
>16 characters at launch, they'll hire some twitter kikes to call you entitled if you want more
>slowly release more overwatch style, you have to grind like hell to get them for free but they're totally not microtransactions I swear
>all the models were made in guam by people with no fingers
>STILL no Jin, Rival Schools, or Captain Commando
>support dropped before S1 ends

This.
Thread theme youtube.com/watch?v=-S5CfeO8N9g

It never got redeemable. Infinite being bad doesn't retroactively make 3 good.

Honestly, yeah. They easily have enough characters for it, and them being the only company will make development way easier. Seems like it’d be more profitable too.

Anything from the HD-era onwards is zoomer material.

>3
>best fighting game of all time
Sent/Mag/Storm has more depth than the entirety of UMvC3.

>majority of the cast is dogshit
>reused assets
yea nah, you only think it is good because of Yipes

SO ANYWAYS IFC YIPES AND MICHAEL MENDOZA SAT DOWN AT THE COMMENTATORS BOOTH AND YELLED "BOOP BOOP BAP MM MM MMMM MMM BOOP BOOP MM BOOP NATHANS HOT DOGS BOOP MMMM BAP BAP BOOM BAP HOOKS IN ASS BOOP BAP BAP SHOUTOUTS TO TASTY STEVE BOOP BAP MM MMM MMMMM HE IS GETTING WASTED BOOP BOOP BAP BAP BAP BAP MM BOOP BAP BAP OH MY GOD BOOP BOOP BAP BAP BAP BOOP GIVE EM THE TAY DICKWIN BOOP BAP BAP BOOP MM MM MMM MMMM MMM MMM MMM SHOUTOUTS TO BROKEN TIER" AND STREAM MONSTERS REJOICED

they should've called it x-men vs capcom but the x-men brought a few friends

Who is this and how do I get him to join my party

Attached: 1272003553187.png (327x287, 6K)

YOU BETTER DRY YOUR EYES
DRIVE ME CRAZY
BUT I WON'T LET YOU GOOOOOOOOO
EXCITE ME

>A broken mess of a team has more depth than that same broken mess of a team in another game

Attached: Colossal Cringe.jpg (595x398, 53K)

>the best fighting game of all time

Nobody mentioned VampSav though

Based and redpilled.

ABC system and rebounces were mistakes.

seconded

Anyone know an actually good guide for this game? Most things are just lists of character attacks and not much that talks about approach or how to handle neutral and the like.

A game more focused on neutral and resets, custom colors and playlists.

Man that year or so where the online was alive was amazing. Those fucking LIGHTAN mirrors were great. I guess it might still be alive through dolphin nowadays but the scene is probably super small.

>>Only 6 of them were viable
>being a eSport cuck

I remember getting so fucking hyped over this video: youtube.com/watch?v=ntLezQFmkaE&t=12s

Would any of you guys like to see MvC2 remade with the gameplay and music improvements from MvC3?

>dude who cares if literally 70% of the cast is utter dicks I'm totally playing with Ryu against Wolverine and Marrow this is so epiiiiiccc!!!!
kys

Wolverine is bottom tier you clueless fuck

HD remakes of 1 and 2 when?

>not playing with Roll, Servbots and BB Hood/ Jill
You are a faggot user.

Never. SF2 HD Remix's development waa s nightmare. They're never going to actually redraw anything again. So enjoy your filters.

>not becoming a lowtier god with Roll, Servbot and Dan

No. It’s in demand but it’s not rare. The Xbox and Dreamcast had smaller prints

good sprites

3 has too many fun newcomers that I'd rather keep. In a perfect world, instead of Infinite we got UMvC3.5, with a system rebalance (X-Factor capped at Level 1 at all times, TAC Infinites gone), some character rebalance at the very top and bottom (nerf Zero/Vergil/Phoenix/Morrigan/Doom/Mags, buff Iron Fist/Ghost Rider/Nemesis/Hsien-Ko/Chun/Deadpool/etc.), and like 10 more characters (Thanos, Venom, Panther, Cyclops, Ultron or Ant-Man, X, Sigma, Jedah, Asura or Gene, & CapCom or Nero, basing off of what Infinite did without any of the shit like Gamora).

>actual retard responds to post he doesn't understand
wew

This. MvC2 is a great game but even at the time a lot of people saw it as a lazy cashgrab. Recycled sprites, many characters are broken or play similarly, etc.

>not exclusively playing themed teams like the avengers, shotos, robots, etc.

fucking plebs

Attached: 1551413972741.gif (384x224, 108K)

Doesn't servbot have an absolutely broken super? He just doesn't get picked because he's complete ass otherwise, but I think it does like 70% damage even on block. He would probably be a good pick for a low tier team.

Character balance doesn't mean jack shit if the game itself is shit.

I'd rather see MvC3 remade with the gameplay of MvC2.

I'll always love iHeartJustice for being damn good at keeping his theme. Wright & Cap in Marvel 3, and I saw that he played Cap & Bucky in Infinite, which makes Bucky being in feel better.

Tron's weird circle wave thing that comes out of her satellite dish is one of the best assists in the entire game as well.

Only people that love MvC2 are casuals that cant into fighting games and just want their fucking toons and shit. They don’t care about quality or balance.

It's a miracle that such a soulless game has the best meta and its top tiers are some of the most fun fighting game characters I've ever played with.

>bragging about a bigger roster even though most of it is garbage and viable
Quality over quantity, faglord. There was way more variety in UMVC3.

Attached: Harambe.jpg (1920x1080, 298K)

Licensing probably makes this impossible but this game could really use a remaster. Like who actually bought a stick for the Wii.

cringe

>he didn't play Marvel Super Heroes

the dreamcast version is better though

They managed to localize it with only one Tatsunoko character being cut in the process, and it was the joke character.

That was before that mess

>all these plebs who prefer mvc3

Attached: 1553908066016.gif (165x180, 45K)

But MvC3 is easier.

>posts the most casual MvC game
>doesn't post the Dreamcast or Arcade cover
>post the casual PS2 port cover

define "easier." I'd say it's not as hard execution-wise on average but there's a lot more stuff you need to know about the game to really compete

vsav is epitome kusoge and both of you are retarded reddit vermin who don't know shit about fg or even vsav

>t there's a lot more stuff you need to know about the game to really compete
no there isnt lol

what are the best fighting games then

>that fucking feel that I never got to play 2 or 3 competitively
Fuck me, I wish I could've gotten in on that shit. I didn't even know the FGC was a thing until after I graduated high school. I genuinely regret missing out on that shit even though I would've sucked ass probably and gotten salty as fuck at some point.

Attached: 2445.jpg (180x179, 10K)

>ITT MvC shills

Xmen vs Street Fighter and Marvel Super Heroes vs. Street Fighter were both better than any Marvel vs. Capcom game after 1.

Trust me you didn’t miss anything

I loved playing both games casually a whole fucking lot. I really wish I got gud at them when I had the chance to really appreciate the games' gameplay and the soul put into both.

why?

you might have an argument against 2, but as an overall package umvc3 kicks the shit out of the entire vs series

Attached: 1539521566508.jpg (1280x720, 275K)

We've already reached the peak of vs. games, and it's called Mugen. There is no point in touching a vs. game again, especially once crapcon moved away from sprites.

Attached: Mugen.png (640x480, 313K)

>muh arcade perfect version for a game I play on my couch alone or with another dude

>all these fags who prefer mvc 3

Attached: 1549575846458.jpg (764x713, 309K)

Attached: 9432607C-A20C-4A62-94FA-489397C01E44.jpg (500x687, 80K)

souless

The only hinderance to MvC3 is it's roster not covering as much ground as MvC2. Otherwise it's superior in it's entirety from the kino comic book aesthetics to the flexibility of the controls.

Trouble is finding characters that are actually well-made.

Disney buying Marvel that's what happened I honestly doubt that anyone at Capcom that were working on MvCI said "Let's not put any of the X-Men or Doctor Doom in there"

Or ones that don't crash.

>Mugen.
>Barely any MvC accurate characters barring Whiplash and Cyanide stuff
>Only a few character from the 3D Capcom games were ever converted to CvS or CPS2 sprites
>Most Marvel characters are made out of existing sprites

umvc 3*

same shit. and thats still fucking cringe

Dumbass

retard go shove your shit opinion up your ass

Same applies to you, boomer.

>Flipchamp is in the flips
>Flipchamp is within my vicinity
Wat do?

stfu zoomer

>Every single aggressively anti-UMvC3 post including no arguments as to why in the thread lacks capitalization or punctuation of any sort
There's preference and then there's obsession.

Attached: 1546314404648.jpg (600x658, 70K)

Show him your Dormammu dawg

glass him

Attached: 1556338668973.webm (1280x720, 2.8M)

what happened at the end there?

Someone accidentally press Pause, which is normally illegal in a tourney setting. Thing is, Dark Phoenix would've been dead by then.

On the flipside, it shows FlipChamp losing his cool then blamed the pause thing to his opponent

>Phoenix literally dives into Rocket's trap for a hitconfirm
>Frank barely gets Lv.3, the minimum level for the setup
>Frank has enough meter and X-Factor to do the setup
This moment is just beautiful. After the horrors of Vanilla Dark Phoenix, this right here was when people started turning around and realizing they could lab out Anti-Phoenix tech.

Champ paused because he knew he was dead. Crowd went wild on that setup.

I’m a total casual at fightans. Been focusing almost all my attention on getting gud with Thanos because I love his personality in this game.

Just looked up a tier list and saw he’s near the very bottom.

I feel more vindicated about my constant losses and also disappointed that Thanos is kinda shit.

I know I suck shit anyway and still would've lost a ton but still.

How the fuck do people get good at this genre? I still sometimes punch when I’m trying to dash.

What are the most fun (and cheap) fighting games with a living scene? Sfv and dbzf look fun but they’re both still like $60.

I keep playing old fighters with good reputations, and as good as darkstalkers might be there’s nobody to play it with except the 1% of people who still go online and are god tier at the game. I need some modern trash so I can actually play with people

somebody pressed start and scumbag champ tried to take the match but the TO wasn't having any of his faggotry because the match was over the moment the super hit

You are correct and everyone saying otherwise didn't even care about MvC until at least MvC3

Attached: 1533741391109.jpg (400x306, 86K)

tiers are for queers user keep playing as thanos. He's fun to use

Attached: tgvr3f7s1d811.gif (170x205, 59K)

>Thanos
...Which Thanos?

He means Marvel 2 Thanos since this thread is about 2 and 2 Thanos is definitely low tier. Infinite Thanos is Mid at worst and nobody plays Infinite anymore outside of actual top players (and Japan, apparently it's got a really dedicated little scene).

MSP MY ASSHOLE DADDY
FEELS SO GOOD
SEEING THE SAME TEAM TIMES 6 IN TOP8 EVERY TOURNAMENT OH FUCK YEAH I LOVE IT

It takes you for a ride.

Is it still worth it to get into MvCI? The gameplay looks like a LOT of fun and I've been watching a bit of gameplay on YT here and there. Looks like a few dedicated people still play the game.

If you can ignore literally everything but the core gameplay (including some of the system balance being wonky itself) being complete shit, then sure. It's got a lot of neat ideas and while I found most of the cast boring, the characters that ARE fun are VERY fun. Sadly a good portion of the fun characters are DLC.

Is Black Panther worth it? They've never going to put out a GotY edition are they?

I really want to go Dante/Gamora or Dante/Monster Hunter. I don't even play MH but she looks fun as fuck to play.

Dante & Gamora is a super viable team, they're both Top 5 IIRC, and that's after Dante had to be nerfed hard from launch because he was a god. Panther is really interesting because he's got insane mobility. Definitely feels unique. Hunter is also very unique due to having different weapons that give her a lot of range and interesting neutral options, plus her Level 1 gives her a temporary buffed state on hit.

That said, the most fun character in the whole game is Sigma. Big body screen control character with a command grab and a big sword. Everything about him feels good, from his neutral to his mixups to his combos. He's a joy, and he's the only character in the game with both good voice acting AND a good theme.

>Sigma
I forgot about him, he seems fun to play as well. Between him, Thanos, and Nemesis, there's a few big bodies I really want to try. I might pick it up sometime soon then.

Sigma/Nemesis was my team and they carried the hell out of the game for me. I'd have dropped it much sooner if they weren't so damn fun together. Easily my favorite two MvC characters: big bodies with ranged options.

Same. 1 was more comfy, more soul put into it, and had a balanced roster.

2 was literally just Mugen before MUGEN.

>Zoomer
>MvC3 isn't even that old
Spotted the zoomer

As things are now, that's a good thing.

The ps2 version of this is unplayable garbage. Same with the xbox one.

Only the ps3 / 360 and dreamcast are passable along with arcade.

Fightsticks need sliding doors for start and homescreen buttons.

There's one that keeps the start button under a sliding glass screen like it's going to start a countdown to launch the nukes but I forget which one.

Wish I had the tools and patience to build sticks or other custom controllers. This sounds like a fun meme build.

Attached: launch.jpg (400x354, 29K)

came here to post this

Attached: 1510178126776.jpg (460x1301, 106K)

>literally just Mugen
But that's not Capcom Fighting Jam.