After 20 years, is this still the best game ever made?

After 20 years, is this still the best game ever made?

Attached: Ocarina of Time.jpg (800x547, 60K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/cEWOeiUmFgA
youtu.be/nl8LOnl6qbQ
youtu.be/4MrmpUTn9e0
youtube.com/watch?v=z8ChjKUn6yA
youtu.be/KQ6zr6kCPj8?t=103
youtube.com/watch?v=rdD1HcwgqvQ
youtube.com/watch?v=LzygkxPK6YA
youtube.com/watch?v=K_Bz6D4SWjg
strawpoll.me/17975063
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I'm not sure it would've gotten into a top 50 of any intelligent list when it was new.

nah

> Has a 99 Metascore
> All of the reviews came from 1998
Fuck off Zoomer

This game is just like the N64, it's overrated shit nigger. It is just average now but it was good then.

Attached: Barry.png (876x788, 133K)

I've never played Ocarina of Time but i know i'm in for disappointment with all the hype that's been around it since its damn inception much like when i played Super Mario 64.
>this is it? this is what people are jizzing over so much?

>I've never played Ocarina of Time
Literally 70% of Yea Forums bitching and moaning about how overrated OoT is

Attached: 1557419449727.png (300x300, 42K)

fpbp

t. wasn't alive at the time

No, but the best game of all time also came out in 1998.

Attached: 1552962026855.jpg (1614x1390, 287K)

That's a laugh

thats not mgs2

You don't really need to play OoT, just play twilight princess as that's more or less the same thing but is newer and better. Play the gamecube version if you feel like playing it.

They've been remaking OoT ever since they made it with every main line Zeldav game up to BotW who actually did something somewhat new.

No you're right I was thoroughly unimpressed given how much it's hyped up
I liked Majora's Mask a lot more

No that excuse doesn't work for that shit game.
I was born in the 80s and I played it when it was fairly new.
It looked and played bad.
Maybe if I was younger I would've been overwhelmed by nostalgia for it and deluded into thinking it was a decent game.

That's the 2nd best video game of all time.

>wow why didn't this almost twenty year old game hold up?!
Mario 64 had unprecedented platforming in 1996. It still has extremely solid platforming and great rom hacks.

Attached: 1510789456841.jpg (639x606, 44K)

Based

Yes & it will continue to be until another game manages to surpass it on all of these lists
> Highest Rated Storylines
> 1. Ocarina of Time
> 2. Silent Hill 2
> 3. Mass Effect 2
> 4. Star Wars: KOTOR
> 5. Mass Effect
> 6. Final Fantasy VII
> 7. Metal Gear Solid 3
> 8. The Last of Us
> 9. Bioshock
> 10. Red Dead Redemption
> 11. Final Fantasy VI
Highest Rated Soundtracks
> 1. Ocarina of Time
> 2. Chrono Trigger
> 3. Final Fantasy VI
> 4. Final Fantasy VII
> 5. Castlevania: SOTN
> 6. Final Fantasy X
> 7. Red Dead Redemption
> 8. Chrono Cross
> 9. Metal Gear Solid
> 10. Streets of Rage 2
> 11. Journey
Highest Reviewed Games (Critics)
> 1. Ocarina of Time (99)
> 2. SoulCalibur (98)
> 3. GTA IV (98)
> 4. Chrono Trigger (97)
> 5. Super Metroid (97)
> 6. Metroid Prime (97)
> 7. Perfect Dark (97)
> 8. Super Mario 64 (97)
> 9. Super Mario Galaxy (97)
> 10. Super Mario Galaxy 2 (97)
> 11. Breath of the Wild (97)
Highest Reviewed Games (Gamers)
> 1. Ocarina of Time (274)
> 2. Chrono Trigger (183)
> 3. Breath of the Wild (182)
> 3. Metroid Prime Trilogy (91)
> 4. Metal Gear Solid 3 (91)
> 5. The Legend of Zelda (91)
> 6. Castlevania: SOTN (91)
> 7. Persona 4 Golden (91)
> 8. Monster Hunter 4U (91)
> 9. A Link To The Past (91)
> 10. Metal Gear Solid 2 (91)
> 11. MOTHER 3 (91)
Best Game Lists Topped
> 1. Ocarina of Time (75)
> 2. Final Fantasy VII (19)
> 3. Super Mario Bros (17)
> 4. Super Mario 64 (16)
> 5. A Link To The Past (15)
> 6. Breath of the Wild (13)
> 7. Super Mario Bros 3 (13)
> 8. Chrono Trigger (12)
> 9. Tetris (12)
> 10. Super Mario World (11)
> 11. Dark Souls (11)
Combined Highest Rated Games
> 1. Ocarina of Time (372)
> 2. Chrono Trigger (358)
> 3. Breath of the Wild (302)
> 4. Super Mario 64 (275)
> 5. A Link To The Past (272)
> 6. Super Metroid (266)
> 7. Super Mario World (262)
> 8. Final Fantasy VI (259)
> 9. Resident Evil 4 (259)
> 10. Super Mario Bros 3 (259)
> 11. Final Fantasy VII (259)

I only played MM like a year ago (the 3DS remake mind you). It's surprising how well it holds up.

>it looked and played bad
Holy fuck you are literally lying about your age or a tasteless fuck. It was the first 3D Zelda and hailed for its day/night cycle, environments, and general beauty.

>It was the first 3D Zelda
Ah yes, the wondrous early 3d games.
That wasn't a rough transition at all.

Read this faggot, this was from 2005

Attached: Top10.jpg (988x6736, 1.75M)

What's your point nigger?
Some idiots thought ocarina of time was a good game 15 years ago, just like some idiots think it is a good game today.
Good point.
There were idiots in 98 who thought it was good too.

It's not an early 3D game you troglodyte it's the first 3D zelda. It came out two years after Quake at a time where software/hardware was quadrupling, at the minimum, its power every year. Why do zoomers come into these threads pretending they know what happened when they were still twinkles in their parents eyes?

The entire world considers it a masterpiece, you are the fucking retard in the minority that desperately tries to convince others that it's bad

OOT felt like it was developed as a game by itself it felt like link is 1 for 1 in the game and the mechanics are perfect. Since then they have degraded l.

MM had 4 dungeons and talking to ppl quests.

Windwaker had LINK GETTING UPGRADES WHEN HE WAS POWERFUL ENOUGH TO BEAT THEM. ENEMIES DO NOT GET STRONGER NOR HAVE ANY WAY TO FIGHT LINK. INSTEAD MAKING ALL UPGRADES LINKS HAS USELESS.

tp
Wolf 3/10 game waggle controls.
Small areas and jump a with wolf to go branch to branch. Enemies feel even easier than windwaker. 1 4th heart per hit. Litterally can't die in the game.

Skyward sword. Just felt like the light colored version of tp.

Botw
Bad music.
Aesthetics are worse than oot and mm

Creativity of killing enemies is amazing.
But the enemies not being able to creatively kill you fucks you.

Correct difficulty at higher enemies.
Filler enemies are stupid as fuck oot didn't have filler enemies they went with the game 1v1.

Open world open areas.

Botw is on the way back to zelda but it has it flaws.

Botw would be superior to oot if it was as tightly knit give better dungeons and puzzles. If the enemies were 1 for 1 with zelda..... and the enemies would have creative ways of killing link then botw would be better

So your entire argument is it's good because it's popular?
Nice.

This is the most retarded post I've seen in a while.

Yeah two years after quake?
Still an early 3d game.
There being other 3d games earlier doesn't make it not one of the early ones.

I don't understand, why does Yea Forums get so fucking asshurt about this game? No other place on the entire internet is so obsessed with trying to convince themselves that everyone else is wrong & it's not a masterpiece. Even Reddit stopped hating it

There were 3D games on the SNES and Genesis, 1998 is hardly early 3D.

Nice appeal to the masses.
Fortnite is great too right?

>just mulling over the fact that technology was booming and systems were deprecating themselves in the same year

Attached: 1380453629513.jpg (412x398, 59K)

>is this still the best game ever made?
Undertale came out in 2015 so no.

It's popular because it's a flawless masterpiece, name one bad game that everyone hated that still manages to top best game lists. You can't. because all of them are universally beloved among critics & gamers alike. Therefore they are objectively good.

Attached: Consensus Best Games.jpg (3000x1932, 3.64M)

>OoT is bad
>Why?
>Because a lot of people say it's good

Keep coping, as soon as Fortnite gets a 99 Metascore & tops 80 best game lists then we can talk

I don't think anyone said that.
It might be the only argument used to why it is good though.

>Wolf 3/10 game waggle controls
>not playing the patrician GameCube version

Because while I acknowledge it's a good game, it's hilarious watching fanboys stumble over themselves trying to enforce it as being "le best gaem evar" objectively. It's quite cute.

Not even fucking close

Attached: 308000392.jpg (570x386, 41K)

This, nobody has ever managed to explain why it's bad. They always cry about how opinions from millions of people saying it's a good game, means nothing. Contrarians on Yea Forums are pathetic

/thread

2002ers say this shit cuz no zelda since then has stacked up

Where me and my friends played zelda 64 till 2006 every year and were let down by windwaker and twilight princess

It factually IS the best game ever, literally says so on it's Wikipedia page. There isn't another game that has this

Attached: GOAT FOREVER.png (321x302, 14K)

It's not bad, but extremely mediocre. It has nothing going for it but nostalgia and atmosphere.

So you never played it? Typical
> Nostalgia
> Mediocre
> Doesn't go in depth about how each indiviual aspect of the game is bad
> Overrated
Anytime someone use these buzzwords you can tell they never actually played it

That's not actual criticism.

It wasn't even the best game ever made 20 years ago.

I'd say nostalgia and music. I don't think anyone can genuinely argue against koji kondos music in OoT, gerudo valley for example.
The atmosphere is missing due to how cramped and ugly it looks, and how rough the controls and camera angle is.

3D Zelda games are only good by normalfag standards.

Attached: .jpg (640x640, 55K)

COPE & see

It's not even the best Zelda
Not even the best N64 Zelda

OoT will never be as good as Majora's Mask

Patrician.
In my mind a person who uses that word is a faggot.

I waited fucking years to play that game and it was the worst fucking game i played to me. Fuck twilight princess 3 out of 10 game.

They've been getting better when they got out of the awkward early phase of 3d.

Keep seething, nobody will ever care what you contrarian faggots think & in 10 years it will still be regarded by the entire world as the best game ever made

Attached: c051422b59ed9e27360cc5ca13f993e2e3d42243_s2_n1.jpg (1468x1070, 252K)

Why is this game so obtuse? Like many of the things you have to do to progress are either nonsensical or impossible to figure out on your own

user I don't care about some awards I care about what I personally find the most fun and OoT is far from it
Please stop proving me right it's embarrassing

LOL! The amount of desperation from Contrarians on this board is pathetic, going to so many lengths to convince themselves that they are right despite having no source or statistic to prove that people actually agree with them

When i was 10 in 1998 i beat the game without the internet.

It isn't hard

>OoT
>Good story
What? It's just generic fantasy tripe. How the fuck can anyone think it has the best story of all time?

>I dont CARE about facts in my OPINION it's not good lol embarrassing

Attached: your_post.gif (320x228, 1.78M)

>muh time travel
OoT is so fucking dull, so sequentially.

OoT is a mediocre game only fueled by nostalgia. It's the exact same as SM64. The only "legacy" it holds today is just the nostalgia factor.

> BBBUT AWARDS DON'T COUN'T
> NOBODY ACTUALLY THINKS THE GAME IS GOOD
> OPINIONS FROM MILLIONS OF PEOPLE DON't COUNT
> BUT MY OPINION IS A OBJECTIVE FACT

Yeah you used the strategy guide like everyone else

Imagine if the n64 was your only console, you were 7 when you got it and you played ocarina of time.
That's why the story "is" so good.

>flawless masterpiece
The game looks bad and plays poorly. The combat is straight up abysmal. There were much better looking 3D games of that era.
Not sure what you meant by calling it a 'masterpiece.' It's popular because of the hype surrounding the fact it's 3D.

What fucking generic fantasy tripe is traveling back and forth in time, rescuing sages to aid you in battle against a foe who uses a piece of triforce from a God to exert his will over the land?

In 1998 oot was revolutionary just like doom and descent and ff7. They were considered the best.

Anyone in this thread saying shit about this game wasn't even there and are completely jealous they didn't have zelda at its peak.

T. Never played it & is just a seething zoomer. If you can't explain why it's bad, and have to cry about nostalgia then your opinion is worthless

The best game that changed the landscape of gaming at its time/
if thats considered then yes.
all the same E.T. is still the worst.

Absolutely not best game ever made, and regardless of being conscious of all it's faults I can't help but to hold it in very high regard. I guess I'm just a retarded big idiot man

Attached: 11050796_1103194209706817_8624648150967509365_n.jpg (300x168, 11K)

>facts
>a list of other peoples opinions

It's a good game, but I don't see why I should have to consider it the greatest. If anything, I take points off just because game journalists jerked it off so much, AND I take points off if the fans point to metacritic scores and all that jazz. If you want to argue this game's quality, you'll do so without the aid of crutches and garbage like game journalists. Prove it on the merits of the actual game itself.

Also, no appeals to nostalgia either. I don't care if it was innovative "for its time". It should stand the test of time and be just as good regardless of the current year.

Attached: bc60u.jpg (620x437, 23K)

It's almost like enjoyment is subjective or something.
I even called it a good game.

SM64 is the most important and influential game ever made, showing some fucking respect you slobbering retard

Eh. It's good. When people want to get into Zelda I recommend they either emulate it, or get a 3ds and play OoT as their first Zelda. My personal favorite is TP, which gets me a lot of hate. I still crave another dark aesthetic Zelda game.

Did you play on the GameCube or on the Wii?

This came from 1998, keep seething & thinking that your contrarians opinions have any weight or will ever be shared by anyone outside this board

Attached: Zelda.png (1506x565, 1.48M)

yes

zoomer. Show your ID, we both know you're 18

Attached: 878768.jpg (1752x672, 290K)

No i didn't.

The game was easy as shit.

Sure i had freinds who wanted me to accomplish things in their gsmes and who i asked to do things.

Wed take turns playing the game it was fun

Never was
Isn't
Never will be

Just look at the N64 library.
Most games on it were complete and utter shit. You had shitty Pokemon cashgrab games like Colosseum and Snap and the desaster called Donkey Kong 64.

Zelda was like one of the few non shit things this console had so of course every former kid who only had a 64 is going to praise the shit out of Ocarina of Time.

Attached: 5d6481303dd4275475bf3d0c0f80e78b--gundam--gundam-wing.jpg (635x640, 139K)

>awards aren't factual evidence in favoring something

Attached: 1555865102320.gif (300x300, 1.99M)

>15 fps
>no camera control
>water temple as a whole
>every ocarina song is a slog of a cutscene
>auto jump
>too easy
>fast travel is a song you have to play in the ocarina,also dont get it when you dont need it anymore
>music is just a few notes on loop but everyone praises it although it's ear bleeding after a few minutes
>epona which only serves as a faster travel method is a sidequest which wastes your time doing it
>story sucks,it's "hero of the day saves the princess" basic shit,literally,so there's not much motivation to do it
>sidequests are boring because you have to travel a lot trough the same damn gigantic planes
>it's n64,blurred huge ass planes with low res textures are jarring to even look at,majora's mask looked way better despite being the same system
that's about it,everything in this game is underwhelming,but you played it as a kid so it's perfect

I don't think that's true.
SM64 wasn't as hampered by the poor 3d graphics as OoT. The artstyle of mario had an easier time to handle that, they also focused a lot of their energy on the platforming movements to make it feel good. IIRC shigeru had an empty room and wanted it to be fun to move mario in that room.

COPE more, and post sources that proves that your opinion is correct

>Eh
Stopped reading

lol who do you think you're fooling. People are still fucking playing this game, even without counting the 3DS remaster that barely had to change anything to be considered enjoyable despite the age. So according to this view we're all secretly having an awful "outdated" and "rough" time but we don't admit it... because?

it's the best 3D Zelda but not the best game ever
that title probably belongs to Tetris or something

Attached: warpstar.gif (300x250, 32K)

Majora's Mask is better.

I just said it doesn't matter what version i played the game sucked

>everyone born in a certain time period would have this set of opinions
I can't wait until this idea goes away forever.

>caring about "awards" from (((game journalists)))

wtf I love Gone Home and Uncharted now?!

Attached: 1557041287994.png (500x415, 226K)

Ad hominen is not a counterargument.
>> Doesn't go in depth about how each indiviual aspect of the game is bad
I don't need to, I made a broad statement and you still haven't refuted it.
Okay, the combat is dull and mindless, the puzzles are way too obvious, exploration is extremely limited, there aren't many interesting npcs, and the game is built as a carbon copy of ALttP.
Definitely for Gerudo Valley, but some locations with a nice aesthetic can create a good atmosphere combined with music like Lake Hylia and the Gerudo training grounds.

> Majora's Mask being better
LOL, literally the worst Zelda game when it came out, nobody gave a shit about it until E-Celebs started wanking about how dark & Edgy it was

Attached: lmao.gif (400x253, 3.59M)

>15 fps
>no camera control
These are objectively wrong.

oh boy remember that epic hyrule field in OoT that is nothing but an empty circle with a bunch of linear hallways that connect to the other areas?

No, that would be Botw

Glover 64>any microtransaction games

>because?
because you're idiots. I thought I explained that part.
With no taste I might add.

Please refer toI'm not even saying it's bad I'm saying you Zeldafags get way too defensive when someone dare questions it's supremacy over literally ever other video game in existence

>empty circle
did you avoid the ranch?

I find it ironic that the N64 version holds up even better tho.
Sure, graphics were kinda for shit; but gameplay, camera and even music are better on N64.

Yeah, it was cool

You are just proving his point, you contrarians have never played it & have no source or evidence that proves anyone in the world agrees with your opinion that you desperately claim is a fact

So basically your argument against ocarina of time is
>I dont like it
But when asked why it's good there's numerous lists, awards, and general opinion it's fantastic. So basically your opinion doesn't matter and it's still good

You guys are such hypocrites.

Attached: really makes you think.png (1202x760, 781K)

If something is going to be the "GOAT" "timeless" "masterpiece" then it has to hold up as a good game. If you were to hand this game to anyone today that is unfamiliar with Zelda they would be bored immediately.
The art, the controls, the combat mechanics, the 'puzzles' are all incredibly bad by today's standards. What holds up then? The music and nostalgia. That's about it.
It's not unique to OoT either. Same shit applies to FF7 with the exception of the pre-rendered backgrounds being neat. FF7 is absolutely mogged by FFX, yet nostalgia prevents people from seeing otherwise.
Everything about OoT is dated. It's just not a good game at this point. No one is blinded by 3D model hype etc.

Attached: bong rip.jpg (275x261, 15K)

Yes, when they start seething about the consensus opinion from millions of people, and claim it means nothing. Then you know they are contrarians who never played it & are desperately trying to cope with it's critical acclaim

I love OOT but it ran at 17fps on N64. The game had excellent poly counts and character expression, though, as well as pretty environments, so it is menial.

>generic fantasy tripe
You're such a fucking pseud lmao. Please come back and explain how Ocarina's storyline is "generic fantasy tripe". Do you even know what that phrase generally refers to?

i'm talking about the n64 version

Your only argument as to why it's good is "lol it's popular".

Like I said before, prove your opinion without jerking off game journalists, and then we'll talk. Otherwise you're nothing but a sheep being led to the slaughter by your corporate masters.

>HURRR DURRR CONTRARIAN
Yep. Guilty as charged you smooth brain.

I was just happy to run around in 3d and listen to cow moo sounds.

I'm not about to read this entire argument, but you're correct about awards. They don't mean anything, It's all just a popularity contest. Only a complete and total tool would believe that they're opinion is fact because someone else agreed with it.

Attached: 1540048065832.png (1280x983, 959K)

>but some locations with a nice aesthetic can create a good atmosphere combined with music like Lake Hylia and the Gerudo training grounds.
I suppose as long as you get over the initial hurdles you can get into the atmosphere, I guess I can see that even if I didn't.

>mass replying
>repeating the same non argument instead of making an intelligent post

Attached: old b8.png (1372x767, 697K)

it wasn't even the best game from 1998

OoT wasn't even the best Zelda game at the time. Zelda 1, 2, ALttP, and LA are all better games.

>it's the best game ever made even though many games have since surpassed it because it was good when it came out

Attached: 3432543.png (894x894, 473K)

to add onto this, when is the last time any of you actually played OoT? I suffered through it last year and was severely disappointed. ALTTP is way more interesting than OoT ever was and I happily finished that just before my playthough of OoT.

Nintendo paid for that.

In 2001 melee got rated a 6.5 out of 10
It got bumped up to 10 randomly one day

>So basically your argument against ocarina of time is
>>I dont like it
No there have been a few arguments why people don't like oot and why it's bad in the thread.

The fact that you have to go out of your way to claim that consensus opinions mean nothing & aren't an indicator of quality proves that OOT-Haters are just assmad Zoomers & contrarian faggots

>chicken game
>skulltula
>song
>heart piece
>leave
>takes 2 minutes

TP was a better game than OoT in basically every aspect but it doesn't have the nostalgia bonus going for it.

Better dungeons, better overworld, better items, better gameplay, etc. It's all better but it's not that nostalgia game you played as an easily impressed toddler, so it's shit.

Attached: 1502527254634.gif (384x239, 3M)

>Ocarina of Time is the best game ever just look at all those Nintendo fanboy journalists who keep praising the game while putting it into their top 10 all time list

>What do you mean they also loved Gone Home, Angry Birds and Depression Quest that doesn't devalue their opinion in any way

Not sure why people really fight over those things.
Both Nintendo and Sony consoles had quite a decent amount of games but most people never got those and only got the really big main titles just like people still do these days.

Most people with a PS1 only played things like Final Fantasy 7, Crash or Spyro while most N64 owners only played Zelda and Mario. So everytime they make one of those TOP-100 lists they obviously include the 5-10 games they played and call it a day. That doesn't really mean that Ocarina of Time and FF7 are the best games ever made. It's just showing how popular those games were back in the days and popularity doesn't necessarly come with quality. Otherwise people wouldn't spent billions on Fornite, listen to Justin Bieber or laugh at The Big Bang Theory.

both MGS and OoT are amazing, but latter is superior in the end.

2 is horse shit. Literally the worst numbered title in the series before V came around.

>just play twilight princess as that's more or less the same thing but is newer and better.
How about you just kill yourself and stop shilling for THE most boring and forgettable Zelda title in history?

I've never seen someone so riled up to convince people that something is not only the best thing ever but it is an indisputable FACT that it is the best thing ever. its like being in grade school again. if you're confident that's the best thing ever then who gives a shit if someone says its not.

@461808051
Try harder, you don't even deserve a (You).

>You are just proving his point
So his assertion is that everyone in a certain time period would have a certain set of opinions, I question that idea, and then I "proved his point" by doing so. Nice.

Again, i say this. If there are better games then why has NONE of them topped it on every single one of these lists? Shouldn't be hard if it's a bad game "only liked for Nostalgia"

Attached: DefinitiveGamingGOATs.jpg (1908x1223, 3.6M)

Oblivion and world of warcraft did zelda better than zelda at that point.

It's not the best game ever made but it's definitely the single game that has the worst fanbase.

>The fact that you have to go out of your way to claim that consensus opinions mean nothing
They DO mean nothing. People as a whole are idiots and will lap up whatever diarrhea is shoved in their mouths, provided you market it enough. As far as I'm concerned, only my opinion is right. And you have to prove otherwise. chop chop sonny.

No one is talking about Skyward Sword here

I made it up to the spirit temple about a year ago. I enjoyed the entire playthrough and had a pretty good time. I've started really taking my games in recently and have been taking things slow with my playthroughs. The game is still super comfy for me and I may even appreciate it now more than ever. The Shadow temple and under the well are still major highlights for me.
>Favorite Zelda?
No
>Enjoyable game that I love?
Yes.

Attached: Gravekeeper's_Hut.png (639x476, 454K)

See

Mm no, it's opinions

user I've been arguing in favor of OOT. But it 100% ran at 17fps on N64. Look it up. It's funny people argue Majors Mask is better when it ran at the same framerate, though.

normalfag opinions never mattered.deal with it

Attached: am psycho.jpg (1920x1080, 145K)

>The evil big bad wants to rule the world so you need to gather magical power to defeat him and save the princess
Yeah really creative stuff

Forgot to mention that I'm not that user. I thought your post was asking everyone at first.

>the combat is dull and mindless
>the puzzles are way too obvious
>exploration is extremely limited
This is a start, but still no examples given so its not an argument.

Attached: OoT combat.webm (640x480, 2.88M)

Don't encourage him with a reply.

HAAHAAAAHAHAA, Just cope more

Call me a cuck, but I don't like pitting great games against each other. Both OoT and FF7 are masterpieces.

>Mm no, it's opinions
Yes they are opinions, but they're arguments for why they have those opinions.

You're the one who needs the opinions of others just to feel validated.

Leave it to Yea Forums to hate a game that received the most praise ever. Literally defined 3D gaming, but still somehow garbage apparently.

Spirit Temple is fucking kino dungeon design. Having to travel through the desert following the Poe, and then having to complete the halves of the dungeon in different times was awesome. It also has an amazing soundtrack.
youtu.be/cEWOeiUmFgA

All 3D games from 1995 to 2001 do not hold up at all. It was a dark time for video games unless you owned a Japanese Saturn or a Neo Geo.

Why not? They make up 99 % of society, why should the 1% of contrarian basement dwellers mean anything then? You faggots have no impact on anything that happens, and people put no weight in what you have to say. When you share your opinion outside this board you will notice that everyone instantly calls you a contrarian & disregards anything you say.

Normalfag in 1998

The fuck.
Don't you see society change.

There was everything but normal at that time

You had to try real hard to win this generation and oot did

Attached: Screenshot_20190320-180319.png (720x1280, 923K)

>they're arguments

>why is OOT good
>because it's popular
>but why?
>fuck you snoy nigger

Yes, truly a compelling argument.

youtu.be/nl8LOnl6qbQ

>why is it good?
>"hehe, cope! lmao SEETHING! muh consensus, muh consensus muthafucka"

Attached: brainletelf.png (289x334, 51K)

Breath of the Wild is the first good 3D Zelda game. Fite me, autists.

They werent 5 till 2003.

This era is meaningless to them

It's ironic since they also named it the best game ever, over 500 people voted from this board & you have to actually select which of the two games were better. And it still placed #1 despite having 300 games nominated

Attached: v2019Top100.png (1456x1308, 466K)

Normies don't even know what Zelda is.

Mm is more replayable than oot

I prefer this way of thinking. You can't even compare those two games since they're totally different genres. I prefer to just enjoy the games that I like. I happen to like both of those.

With that logic pong must be the greatest video game of all time still

You can't be the best game ever made when the better game in it's own franchise came out a year and a half later

>why should the 1% of contrarian basement dwellers mean anything then?
They don't in the grand scheme. However, knowing that my contrarian opinion makes you angry is its own reward. You can't fathom that someone doesn't agree with you, so you rage and cry about how all those evil contrarians need to be murdered.

>combat
Gohma takes absolutely no skill or thought, it's just shoot the eye.
>puzzles
Eye switches, blocks, torches, etc. are all extremely obvious.
>exploration
Hyrule Field is a hub and all the paths to other places are extremely linear. The closest there is to something hidden is the occasional hole with 20 rupees or a heart piece in some easy to get to location.
You also didn't even bother with the rest I said, so I'll take that as a concession.

>Amazing soundtrack
You've got that right. It's easily my favorite dungeon theme with Deku Tree being right behind it.

This view makes no sense, it'd be like arguing that old movies are bad because of shit like "they're not coloured so they don't live up to modern standards". Yeah sure, tell a 12yo to watch Metropolis and he'll be confused and bored out of his mind, how does that make the work itself less than a classic? You're not revealing shit here Sherlock. Although this comparison is bad, because a 12yo can perfectly have a good time with OOT, especially the remaster for obvious reasons, and i know because my brothers are 13 and 9. Since they have them installed on Wii U they even fuck around with SM64 and Doom for crying out loud

tl;dr it's old isn't an argument. I got into the N64 Zeldas only 5-6 years ago for the first time and had an amazing time, if you're seriously saying you had trouble with them then I'm sorry, you must be fucking autistic

^i was born in 1998!

Is there a more memorable moment in gaming than holding a spin attack and waiting for Gannondorf's ultimate blast, then sending the wave of energy balls back at him with a well timed HYAAAAAH?

Attached: link_uns_uns.gif (150x150, 53K)

>hm, my list of people saying that ocarina of time was the best game ever didn't work to convince them that it's a good game?
>what should I do? try to argue the mechanics, visuals and storytelling of the game and explain why I think it is good?
>No, I'll post another list of people ranking it highly, that should do it

Attached: right.gif (638x472, 3.94M)

>best storyline (OoT)
>best soundtrack (OoT)
>best character (Link)

and this is why nintenbros shouldn't be allowed to vote

>Gohma takes absolutely no skill or thought, it's just shoot the eye.
even easier way to do it is to use deku nuts and spam sword.

Attached: Dubs1.jpg (300x301, 17K)

That’s not Majora’s Mask

Dodongo's Cavern and Deku Tree are 10/10. Ominous, yet subtle enough to be enticing, luring you into the depths of the dungeons. youtu.be/4MrmpUTn9e0

COPE

youtube.com/watch?v=z8ChjKUn6yA

not an argument

Either way, it's simplistic as fuck. Only a handful of enemies are more complex than this and they can all be exploited fairly easily with a working brain.

Agree it's not a overrated piece of shit that contrarians have desperately tried to convince themselves is better than the Objective GOAT

Attached: 54cb53ec-38c7-443f-b3b4-b3f1cb20ca96.png (529x600, 639K)

Rose tinted glasses.

>Gohma takes absolutely no skill or thought, it's just shoot the eye.
The first boss is your one and only example for why the entire game has bad combat. Very compelling.
>Eye switches, blocks, torches, etc. are all extremely obvious.
Which ones? Go ahead and show an example or two.
>Hyrule Field is a hub and all the paths to other places are extremely linear.
Hyrule Field isn't the only area in the game.
>You also didn't even bother with the rest I said, so I'll take that as a concession.
The argument over NPCs being interesting or the game being similar to LTTP is so dumb and subjective I don't care either way.

Ocarina of Time is the worst video game ever made. Not even trolling.

because i dont care about regular people,they think avengers is the peak of cinema and game of thrones is the best show ever,good job outting yourself as a normalfag

Attached: cun.jpg (694x693, 36K)

my friends and I just started playing some randomizer OOT when we get together, it's pretty funny

Also i forgot to add, you guys say the controls are bad when modern, well received games still fucking adopt them, like z-targeting that is a big deal with the Spulsbornes for example. How the fuck do you explain that? Are those games also secretly bad and unplayable? You bitches make no sense

you ok?

I think you've misunderstood my point because it's not about what children like. Children like Fortnite (which is a good game, but definitely not GOAT material).

The point is most people would rather be playing better games that have more going on in the art, gameplay, and everything else department. OoT is a bare-bones game and just isn't good by comparison. You may as well cite Pacman as the GOAT because people have a nostalgia boner for that one as well despite it being a very simple game.

Actually they think the Godfather is the best movie, same as Critics do. Nice try though you fucking faggot

Attached: Highest Rated Movies.png (853x1017, 54K)

Whenever I see this posted it means “I like popular things but hate people that don’t”

If that's your worst, I wouldn't like to hear your best

>Yeah sure, tell a 12yo to watch Metropolis and he'll be confused and bored out of his mind
Show a 20 year old metropolis and he'll be bored out of his mind.
12 Angry Men? Probably not.
Some old movies hold up, some don't.

Feeling fine. Just speaking the truth about nostalgia and it’s influence on reviewers

(You)

>Are those games also secretly bad and unplayable?
Uhh, yes? FFS, I can't believe you're defending the Call of duty of action games.

OoT was probably my favorite game as a kid, but you have to admit it's aged pretty poorly.

Most critically acclaimed games are objectively good & appeal to every demographic. You aren't relevant for trying to convince people that they are bad, because your opinion is worthless

And The Godfather is fucking garbage, Once Upon A Time In America is the superior gangster film

>The first boss is your one and only example
And the stalfos is your one and only example which is still very easily exploitable. Stop being such a hypocrite.
>Which ones? Go ahead and show an example or two.
All of them, You'd be disingenuous to claim to need an example.
>Hyrule Field isn't the only area in the game.
And I included the others as well, you'd realize that if you knew how to read properly.
>The argument over NPCs being interesting or the game being similar to LTTP is so dumb and subjective
All opinions are subjective retard.

It's pretty terrible, but Yoshi's Island is worse.

Attached: gecko.jpg (640x640, 52K)

Yes they are, a lot of modern games are bad games under pretty coating.

>Your opinion is worthless
Why?
>Because it isn’t popular
Clique think is gay

Silent Hill 2 pisses all over Ocarina of Time.

>Most critically acclaimed games are objectively good & appeal to every demographic.
>except for Ps4 games, fuck sony for paying for reviewers, they're evil and the west needs to be destroyed for ruining vidya

Nice hypocrisy there m8.

>objectively good
Video Games are a subjective medium, as all artforms are. You really liking something doesn't make it "objectively good",

>Most critically acclaimed games are objectively good

Most are. But not Ocarina. Ocarina is a bad game. The critics were wrong about that one.It happens sometimes.

TLOU, Journey & Bloodborne are good games. They also happen to the be the only acclaimed PS4 games that people still talk about

Agreed. I remember playing that shit when it came out and being blown away.

Care to explain why?

>every single year, more and more people hate on Ocarina of Time

there are universal preferences, stop being obtuse. pretty sad when the only argument people have against OOT is "opinions r subjective!"

> BBBBUT OOT is a bad game, please believe me. Everyone else is wrong
COPE MORE
> Ocarina of Time & Super Mario 64 are the greatest and most influential games of all time - Rockstar Games

So because people can like or may prefer a different game it means OoT isn't good or praiseworthy now, or it never was even? I don't see the correlation. You jokingly mention Fortnite but you're basically arguing gaming's Fortnites are the industry's peak

Of course things evolved since OoT, how does that put the game in a bad light tho? Again it all just goes back to "it's old"

>every single year, more and more people don’t like Ocarina of Time like I did
Sounds right

>TLOU
Stopped reading there. Your opinion is now worth less than the gum on my shoe.

Attached: bd8.png (279x246, 150K)

It's the opposite, the IP count is only 59 so it's the same group of contrarians samefagging every single time. OOT is more & more beloved as the years go on.

2003 and later only!

Ocarina is trash. You're blinded by your childhood nostalgia. I'm sorry.

It's not bad. Just not my kind of gameplay.

>And the stalfos is your one and only example which is still very easily exploitable
How so?
>All of them
That's not an example. It makes me think you haven't even played this game when you can't come up with even a single example for what you're arguing about.
>And I included the others as well
No you didn't.
>All opinions are subjective retard.
Some are too subjective and don't interest me.

Attached: OoT_005.webm (640x480, 2.91M)

A game can be influential but that sure as fuck doesn’t mean it’s good

i know jack shit about Yea Forums,i just said that based on normalfags i know irl,who say it's the best shit ever because sales,the same damn arguments Yea Forums uses to praise shit games

Keep telling yourself that faggot, post a source that proves OOT isn't a popular game

Gee, it's almost as if the game hasn't aged well or something.

It's not an argument against OOT, just saw your post and wanted to call your retared bullshit out.
>there are universal preferences, stop being obtuse.
Yes, being able to turn the game on and play it is a universal preferrence but that's where it ends. Some people will love a game and others will hate it, if a game were to be objectively good: Everyone would like it, therefore OOT is not "objectively good" because OP and other people clearly do not like it. You think it's good, other's don't

I don’t believe I said it wasn’t. I said that as time goes on people look on it less favorably.

see

well that's just my opinion, you dont need to argue with me it's subjective lol

>everybody hates Ocarina now

It makes me sad that so many people feel this way now. Almost to the point where I feel like crying. That game meant more to me than any other game growing up. Even if the game as aged badly (i dont think it has), it will always hold a special place in my heart.

Definitely still in the conversation. Contrarians and zoomers need to apply

Is this YouTube?

>How so?
Spamming the spin attack will guarantee hits as they open up for their attacks.
The miniboss you posted also has absolutely nothing to it, it's just use item and attack on repeat.
>That's not an example. It makes me think you haven't even played this game when you can't come up with even a single example for what you're arguing about.
I don't care what you think, if you played the game, you'd know exactly what I'm talking about. I'm not going to entertain your bullshit excuse not to make an argument for something this obvious.
>No you didn't.
Yes, I did. Go back and read the post.
>Some are too subjective and don't interest me.
Then that's your choice, but those aspects of the game definitely don't do anything to boost it.

>I don't think OOT is goat, I just thought it was okay
>WAHHH YOU HATE OOT YOU'RE A HORRIBLE PERSON
Get over yourself, you drama queen.

that's pretty gay

>Being subjective means there is no reason to discuss it
Based brainlet

check the first post again retard and get back to us

>I've never played the game but I know it's shit
Yea Forums -The Vidya

I just don't understand why this amount of hate isn't directed at other games that people liked at the time like Metal Gear Solid or Resident Evil. Why do people have to hate on my favorite game? It sucks.

People have differing opinions. Welcome to planet earth.

I think more people would enjoy it if it hadn't been hyped up so much for all these years. It happens to me sometimes. Doesn't always have to be a game either. Sometimes I watch a movie expecting it to live up to the hype and I end up disliking it more than I probably would have without the hype.

Attached: 1555259710994.gif (500x333, 438K)

Another day, another thread of zoomers crying about OOT...

Attached: 1530831431752.jpg (690x588, 79K)

> BBBUT NOSTALGIA, IT'S ONLY NOSTALGIA!!!
Seething, try again contrarians
> Best Games Chosen by Millennials (810,000 Votes)
> 1. Ocarina of Time
> 2. Skyrim
> 3. Pokemon Gen 1
> 4. Tetris
> 5. Super Mario Bros
> 6. GTA: San Andreas
> 7. Portal
> 8. Mass Effect 2
> 9. Super Mario World
> 10. Red Dead Redemption
> 11. Super Mario 64
> 12. Super Mario Bros 3
> 13. Grand Theft Auto IV
> 14. Fallout 3
> 15. Bioshock
> 16. Fallout: New Vegas
> 17. Mario Kart 64
> 18. Super Smash Bros Brawl
> 19. The Last of Us
> 20. Grand Theft Auto V
> 21. GoldenEye 007
> 22. GTA: Vice City
> 23. Resident Evil 4
> 24. TES: Oblivion
> 25. Portal 2
> 26. Chrono Trigger
> 27. Pokemon Gen 2
> 28. Majora's Mask
> 29. Super Smash Bros 64
> 30. A Link To The Past
> 31. Donkey Kong Country 2
> 32. Half-Life 2
> 33. Halo 3
> 34. Sonic The Hedgehog
> 35. The Wind Waker
> 36. Final Fantasy VII
> 37. MineCraft
> 38. Star Wars KOTOR
> 39. Arkham City
> 40. Sonic The Hedgehog 2
> 41. Super Mario Galaxy
> 42. Grand Theft Auto III
> 43. Kingdom Hearts
> 44. Mario Kart Wii
> 45. Uncharted 2: Among Thieves
> 46. The Witcher 3
> 47. Assassin's Creed II
> 48. Arkham Asylum
> 49. Mass Effect
> 50. Super Mario Kart
> 51. The Sims 2
> 52. Pokemon Yellow
> 53. Mass Effect 3
> 54. Battlefront II (2005)
> 55. Mortal Kombat 9
> 56. Shadow of the Colossus
> 57. Metal Gear Solid
> 58. Half-Life
> 59. The Legend of Zelda
> 60. Final Fantasy VI

I've seen people who have no only played it back then but are 30+ year old adults now shit on it.

>Zelda thread
>Not a Musashi thread

Attached: Brave-Fencer-Musashi.jpg (500x356, 37K)

>Spamming the spin attack will guarantee hits as they open up for their attacks
That requires timing and foreknowledge, not what I would consider dull and mindless.
>I don't care what you think, if you played the game, you'd know exactly what I'm talking about.
That is not an argument.
>Yes, I did. Go back and read the post.
I read it again, you only mentioned Hyrule Field.

Attached: OoT Dark Link.webm (640x480, 2.89M)

just look at the 2nd game in that list,now tell me normalfag opinions matter with a straight face

>movie trash like Metal Gear and TLOU anywhere near this list

And entire list invalidated. Normalfag scum make me sick.

Gonna agree with this user. Popularity is a meme

you got a source?

>All "arguments" OOTfags have is "best video game" lists
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

>Why is this game so obtuse? Like many of the things you have to do to progress are either nonsensical or impossible to figure out on your own

Funny how everyone beat it back then without internet. Zoom zoom.

Attached: 015.png (434x327, 55K)

Tell me about it. The other day I was walking to my job at the grocery store where I push shopping carts for $5.35 an hour, proudly wearing my Ocarina of Time shirt that my grandparents bought me when I was a child in 1998. I was almost to work when suddenly this asshole in an expensive car slowed down next to me and screamed, "Nice shirt, faggot!". Then his hot girlfriend threw her coffee cup in my face and they drove off laughing. When I got to work my manager got mad at me for showing up to work drenched in coffee and sent me home for the day without pay. The worst part was, those assholes ruined my Ocarina of Time shirt that my grandparents bought for me. And my grandparents are dead :(

>Battlefront 2 THAT fucking low
>Pokémon yellow slightly above it
>Pokémon gen 1 which encompasses yellow that fucking high

Attached: C8C74C04-5963-4C7A-BC18-26DCF0F02BA0.png (745x343, 648K)

>1. Ocarina of Time
>3. Pokemon Gen 1
Think you're just proving how effective nostalgia goggles are

The internet existed in 1998 wtf lol
Not to mention strategy guides exist

Based poster shitting on a trash game for blinded boomniggers

At least Arin helped convince everyone that most people who hate it are pretty much brainless morons.

>Reviewer scores matter when I agree with them
Based retard

All I wanna do is zoom a zoom zoom zoom and a boom boom

just shake ya rump

>That requires timing and foreknowledge, not what I would consider dull and mindless.
There's no timing involved or required foreknowledge. It works the second it's tried.
Dark Link actually requires thought and effort, but like I said, there are only a handful of enemies are like this. He isn't characteristic of the entire game.
>That is not an argument.
Can you say with a straight face that you can't think of a single eye switch, block puzzle, or torch in the entire game?
> you only mentioned Hyrule Field.
>all the paths to other places are extremely linear
>the occasional hole with 20 rupees or a heart piece in some easy to get to location.
Is reading really that difficult?

>best video game = popularity contest
YEET *fortnite dab*

There are 2D games that predate OoT that I like more.
What now?

>what now

just shake ya rump!

Got a better method than a poll? Should we just frame your top 20 anime waifu games on the front of Yea Forums instead?

I'm almost 40 and Ocarina is shit now and it was shit when it first game out. You're all zoomers to me. Zoom a zoom zoom zoooooooooooooooooooom.

You can stop referring to yourself in the third person user

>Got a better method than a poll?
How about something not infested by retads who think Skyrim is a good game?

>thinking I'm a weeb
youtu.be/KQ6zr6kCPj8?t=103

Something similar happened to me when I wore my Sonic shirt outside. Only I was going to get a pizza and these niggers ran up to me and jumped me and stole my pizza. And that's how I learned to never wear video game t-shirts in public.

kek

Attached: Capture.png (325x149, 14K)

>OoT is a mediocre game only fueled by nostalgia. It's the exact same as SM64. The only "legacy" it holds today is just the nostalgia factor.
>The game looks bad and plays poorly.
>Zelda was like one of the few non shit things this console had so of course every former kid who only had a 64 is going to praise the shit out of Ocarina of Time.
>his game is underwhelming,but you played it as a kid so it's perfect
>it wasn't even the best game from 1998
>Ocarina of Time is the worst video game ever made.
>TLOU, Journey & Bloodborne are good games
>Ocarina is trash. You're blinded by your childhood nostalgia.
>I've seen people who have no only played it back then but are 30+ year old adults now shit on it.
I love the throbbing, blood-dripping zoomer anuses in OOT threads. :^)

Official thread anthem:
youtube.com/watch?v=rdD1HcwgqvQ

Attached: f5f.png (434x327, 55K)

Hey. Stop crying.

Attached: 1557510854147.jpg (280x350, 16K)

He can’t he’s huffing onions

SEETHING zoomboy.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA... your tears are delicious.

Attached: 064.gif (326x281, 171K)

I don't actually hate OoT. I just pretend to to make you cry.

youtube.com/watch?v=LzygkxPK6YA

Attached: .gif (500x500, 1.71M)

>283 replies
>56 posters
holy shit lmao

>There's no timing involved or required foreknowledge.
You have to know when to attack or they'll block and you have to know that spinning is a good attack to use against them.
>Can you say with a straight face that you can't think of a single eye switch, block puzzle, or torch in the entire game?
Can you say with a straight face the same?

1997 and 1998 were such amazing years in gaming, it's absolutely hilarious seeing how unoriginal devs are these days. The move from 2D to 3D was a time of unbridled creativity giving birth to multiple new franchises and reinventing old ones. So glad I was 12 years old and got to enjoy it, I feel sorry for zoomers honestly. They'll never know anything other than DLCs, microtransactions, mobile games, free to play shit and loot boxes. Game manuals don't even exist any more, and don't get me started on the fun of video game magazines being shared around. With the internet we've gained so much but I'm only now starting to realise how much we've lost forever.
Fuck it gonna get some rope.

I don't even like video games. I just come here to watch people with undiagnosed mental conditions spaz out.

>What now?
How about you let it ride... because tonight's the night...
youtube.com/watch?v=K_Bz6D4SWjg

...when OOT is celebrated as a timeless masterpiece in game history.

Attached: 13b.gif (680x498, 224K)

this is my 32nd post. I get irrationally made when people insult Ocarina of Time

I was 18 and I hated 1997 and 1998. 2D games are superior.

Gaming is much better today and the future of gaming is brighter than ever.

The questions you might ask is WHY is it still so beloved, WHY are haters still trying to bring it down?
The game isn't bad at all. Bad games like ET or that truck game everyone agree on don't get praise, they get mockery if they're abysmal or are just forgotten by time.
Oot is mostly seen as a masterpiece because it 1) was innovative & ahead of its time in several areas, 2) plays intuitively (even if going to the menu happened a bit too often); 3) has AMAZING melodic & memorable music (that makes you leek like whistling or brings back sheer memories) 4)has good pace most of the time.
Its a combination of multiple aspects that makes it what it is in people mind.

No it sucks. It has aged like milk nigga.

>I'm almost 40 and Ocarina is shit now and it was shit when it first game out.
It's obvious you're sitting in your filthy kids room with a bag of potato chips, shitposting on the PC your dad bought with his hard earned money.

Attached: 965659.jpg (1280x720, 129K)

>The fanboy cries in pain when he insults you

Attached: AC1E2726-600D-4309-92F9-5B66FB1EFEAB.jpg (1024x1024, 102K)

OOT is definitely one of Nintendo's better games. Not shit like Wonderful 101, or movie trash like Travis Strikes Again. Or disgusting unfinished garbage like ARMs.

If it's not popular, and it doesn't get universal praise, it's a bad game.

What game causes more autistic reactions when you make fun of it? Ocarina of Time or Sonic Adventure 2?

Faggot did you just insult the deepest and most though provoking fun game just because it went over your little head?

The autism is pretty equal

Attached: D3FC7002-3B6B-4BC4-AFB3-7704A8B0B957.jpg (1022x1024, 112K)

>thinks the internet didn't exist in 1998
>calls other people zoomers
What's your endgame here? I'm not that other guy btw I beat OoT without a guide it's piss easy. But I also didn't play it as an impressionable child which is maybe why I think it's just pretty good and not OBJECTIVELY THE GREATEST GAME EVER MADE AND FUCK YOU IF YOU DISAGREE WITH ME IT'S LITERALLY JESUS' FAVORITE GAME

Oh god.
Zoomers are graduating from high school...

No I'm sitting here shoving an Ocarina of Time cartridge up my ass. Fuckiing feels so gooddddd

Kek

Chris Chan? Is that you?

One of at least.
Solid story, tight set up, a variety of interesting locations, a story with actual stakes where the hero suffers actual setbacks.

Know what? I'd say the last point is the one that makes it the best. You get to see what happens when you fail. Link fucks up once and the entire world goes from youthful adventure to Holy Fuck, Look what Ganon did to the everything.
It sets up a story of great heroics from a sassy youth, then kicks you full in the teeth with the horrors of Adult Links arc, where everyone you spent the first half of the game coming to love is dead or lost and the entire world is suffering terribly because of your mistakes.

I was 5 when I started Oot (1999). Its ahead of it's time, a master piece of 3d level design, combat etc while also being one of the first game of its genre. Its model is still applied to so many modern game it's kinda baffling. Dark souls, arguably the best game of the decade, wouldn't exsist without Oot and Thats only one of many

>journos are corrupt so you shouldnt trust them and only trust your own opinions
>but your opinion is worthless if the masses are against it which are influenced by the journos
>also if your opinion doesnt count if the journos agree with me
>but you shouldnt trust the journos because they are all corrupt

Attached: 1543956795306.gif (420x322, 3.78M)

The cartridge felt good going up my ass. Gold paint rubbed off my rectum and gave me cancer.

10/10 GOTY

Maybe opinions should be kept in private? Naaaaaaaah

short answer, no
long answer, no
fuck off already it's good game but nowhere near the best one ever made

It is LITERALLY Jesus' favorite game.

Attached: jesus-is-high-as-shit-on-that-ocarina-of-times-440381.png (500x391, 150K)

>shoving OoT up your ass

That explains why the graphics look like shit

FUCK YOU
FUCKING BLASPHEMY

>You have to know when to attack or they'll block and you have to know that spinning is a good attack to use against them.
Do you really not even know what an instant spin attack is?
>Can you say with a straight face the same?
I just did, examples are in literally every dungeon so you'd have to have never played the game to not know what I'm talking about.

listfag's autism knows no bounds

>5 new posts praising the game and one against it
>one new poster
XU-kun or RE2 Kun is that you?

I broke up with a girl once because she said Ocarina was boring.

Kinda wished I hadn't because I haven't found a new girlfriend since. Oh well.

> 60 IP's
> 314 Comments
> Literally the same people samefagging & crying about OOT Every time
Jesus, imagine being this autistic

>Do you really not even know what an instant spin attack is?
Do you not realize that just spinning in circles will have them blocking your attack?
>I just did, examples are in literally every dungeon so you'd have to have never played the game to not know what I'm talking about.
No matter how many times you say it, it's still not an argument.

It's a decently fun game that sure was gigantic at the time. I used to hate this game with such passion, now I'm personally indifferent.
I don't think this game excels as much as people say, the story was pretty underwhelming (at the same year of Grim Fandango, Xenogears and even MGS, this isn't the epic story everybody says it is). For a 1998 game, it holds pretty well gameplay-wise and graphics and sound are great too.

If you judge it by earlier standards it's groundbreaking, if you judge it by today standards it's a good action / adventure game that inspired a lot, A Lot of newer games.
Of course you'd say that SF 2 or Mario 64 don't have aging graphics (still looks decent), but when your bancs handle the controller + your ears listen to something pleasing + your eyes see some decent action on screen = it feels good & you remember it (with/out tinted glasses) as a good time.

Well shit
Guess I lose lol

Attached: 1547039665765.png (960x830, 339K)

Did you show her all the list you compiled together? you did the right thing regardless.

You're the one saying that you love kotaku and polygon.

It’s definitel in the conversation.

Anons what should we call this shitposter?
Oft-Kun?
Is this one of the Kuns we know of.
It's not XU-kun since he is a zoomee.
It could be RE2-Kun since he loves older games over new.
Could it be that one guy that was doxxed here when he tried to become a Kun years ago?
Could it just be another autistic fit on Yea Forums?

Attached: 8Azfdk.gif (320x240, 1.77M)

>just spinning in circles will have them blocking your attack
Until they choose to attack like I said.
>No matter how many times you say it, it's still not an argument.
I can say the same to you, if you think the puzzles were so good, you can point to a bunch all over the game.

I like OOT though, I just don't agree with using the opinions of reviewers and journalists to argue your points

>Until they choose to attack like I said.
So it requires timing, like I said.
>I can say the same to you, if you think the puzzles were so good, you can point to a bunch all over the game.
The burden of proof is on the one making the claim

to all the OOT fans here: what is wrong with me saying that OOT is a good game, but I didn't consider it the greatest game ever? Why should I listen to normalfag opinions when they've always steered me wrong? Why shouldn't I herald my own opinion above theirs, when they like objectively bad games like Skyrim and Fortnite?

Do I get a benefit from listening to the crowds and masses?

Attached: 1555538450258.gif (320x320, 157K)

I never played oot but I have a lot of hatred for it due to the fact that when I was in high school there was this annoying fat kid that sat at my lunch table that never shut the fuck up about it.

yes.

No you don't since the crowds have their own opinion and you have yours. Find stuff tailored to your enjoyment. Also majorias mask is better in every way and that is just above average.

That's like 5 posts per person

>So it requires timing, like I said.
No, it doesn't. You can keep spamming it while they walk around and they'll run into the hit box the second they attack.
>The burden of proof is on the one making the claim
And I backed it up. You're trying to be picky when I'm making a broad statement that applies to the game as a whole. Shooting an eye switch is obvious, moving a block down a path is obvious, and lighting a torch is obvious. Those puzzles never get any more complex than the second they're introduced.

that's not link to the past...

ah, the good ol' nintenfats
back when PC gamers were getting plenty of excercise moving their bulky towers from lan to lan, and before nintendo got their excercising games. Now pc gamers don't even need to go go to the store to buy games.
How the tables have turned from nintenfats to pc fats

Capcom made the best Zelda games

> Still desperately trying to push that Majora's Mask meme

Attached: Zelda Ratings.jpg (1684x2132, 973K)

>i haven't played this game but i've already decided i want to be a contrarian retard and hate it

>You can keep spamming it while they walk around and they'll run into the hit box the second they attack
They'll never attack if you keep spamming it because they'll be blocking.
>And I backed it up.
You did not. You never posted a single shred of evidence for any of your claims.
>Those puzzles never get any more complex than the second they're introduced.
That's wrong.

Attached: OoT ghost blocks.webm (640x480, 2.87M)

In the end Phantom Hourglass is the best Zelda and nothing can prove me wrong.

I agree 2D can be superior, but you are in a small minority if you think the N64 and PS1 generation were shit. Nothing has come close since then, save perhaps the PS2/Dreamcast era. 360/PS3 was fucking awful, the Wii doesn't need explaining, and the PS4 has only a tiny handful of truly amazing exclusive games. The Switch was shaping up nicely but 2018 was lackluster, and so far 2019 isn't anything to write home about.
I hope you enjoy yourself, I just wish we could go back to the days of prime Rare, Squaresoft, Nintendo, Konami, and SEGA to name a few.

Please responded sp we know what Yea Forums truly feels
strawpoll.me/17975063

>They'll never attack if you keep spamming it because they'll be blocking
They're blocking in a natural state and free to roam.
>That's wrong.
And now the bueden of proof is on you to back that statement.

Re4 deserves that 99. OOT is shit then and now

Post a source

false