Your floaty movement is because your humanity is failing. youre not tied to the world

your floaty movement is because your humanity is failing. youre not tied to the world.

Attached: 2803-DSII-A3poster-Indies_smaller-file.jpg (1052x1488, 901K)

this game gave me PTSD

1 > 3 > 2
simple as

Thing about Dark Souls 2 is that it did so many things wrong, but a lot of things right that no other soul games do. Proper dual wielding, the spell system, bonfire ascetics, actual content changing in ng+, etc.

Sucks that it's all locked behind the worst looking souls game ever, with the floatiest animations. I still can't believe the run animation on those hawk knights

Yes, we can overlook 1 and 3 flaws because the rest makes up for it. That doesn't happen with 2.

100% objective ranking. furthermore, there never should have been sequels at all

DS1 gave me PTDE

Lvl your adp nerd

>but a lot of things right that no other soul games do
One thing that surprised me is that it's pretty much the only one that makes objects transparent when they block the camera.

Attached: 20190501173730_1.jpg (1920x1080, 609K)

Trash game.

Attached: 1531561705725.webm (1280x720, 2.74M)

literally farted on

>there never should have been sequels at all
Nothing wrong with sequels. 3 is a great sequel to the original.
The only sad thing is how important the Snakes seems to be in the original since they're basically behind it all but we never get more of them.

Demon souls > 1 > BB > 3 > 2
ftfy

Attached: crickey.png (1101x1002, 135K)

BB > 2 > 3 > 1
Unironically my choice. The last 1/3 of Dks1 ruined the game for me + I didn't have nostalgia goggles

>Dies to a fart
God I wish that were me.

The rest > 2 > 3

1/3 bad is better than 3/3.

only Izalith is bad

I didn't like any of the post-Anor areas. I liked the DLC a lot though.

Nice excuse to have shitty controls in your game

Also, 3>1>2 fite me nostalgifags

Finally beat Sekiro and so I went back to this game for the first time in like 4 years.

Unplayable.

>BUT THESE OTHER GAMES THO

this, 3 and 2 were still lackluster and soulless though.

Actual objective ranking, if you don't a gree you should have sex.

DS1 > DeS >= DS3 > DS2

BB = DaS1 > DeS

DaS3 > DaS2

Attached: 1550626132361.jpg (578x600, 115K)

>Bear-
>Seek-
>Seek-
>Lest-
*you now suddenly want to replay dark souls 2*

Attached: 1500341356839.png (1920x1080, 3.18M)

Serkiro combat is good in the context of Sekiro.
I really wouldn't want that thing on Dark Souls, i enjoy the slower paced kind of battles we have in them. It's a different experience.

Dark Souls 1 is actually garbage. I'd recommend trying to replay if after playing 2 and 3.

FUCK I missed this. You have no idea how many invasions I've failed in both forests in 1 and 3 because of this kind of shit. In 2 it's a nonexistant issue. (Also because it has no proper forests, it needed Shaded Woods to not be super fucking shit)

True patrician opinion. I like 1 a lot and I respect it for its innovations on DeS but it's been outclassed hard by the other entries.
BB is 10/10 thematically because it ditches the entire world lore in favor of focused lore. It's more about character means/goals rather than nations and shit.

look at all them contrarians

I liked all of the games. I think I do rate DS2 a bit higher than most because I actually got to play it on launch and got to experience a busy multiplayer mode whereas 1 and 3 I was late to the party and everything had died down a lot.
That said, I feel a lot of people over-exaggerate DS2's flaws most because of that one Matthewmatosis video, even though he says at the beginning he still liked the game more than most of what came out that year.

opposite for me. dark souls really shows how bad sekiro's combat is when not fighting bosses. everything in the game except for bosses and minibosses are just trash that can be instantly discarded. the stealth is horrible too.

>you now suddenly want to replay dark souls 2
Things that never happened

half of gameplay related issues matthewmatosis had in that video are literally solved by not using the lock on

>West coast is perpetually at sunset
>Middle area is perpetually at midday
>Eastern mountains perpetually at sunrise
When you're traveling through Drangleic, you're walking through different times of the day, literal time traveling. And that's why Iron Keep seems to be above Earthen Peak.

Attached: drangleic_map_dlc.jpg (1920x1280, 540K)

>Matthewmatosis
Oh it's this meme again

>People cant have different opinions

>liking above all else arguably the most polarizing game in the series
>not a contrarian

Fuck you I've done every class AT LEAST twice.
Went through every possible progression path.
I can't replay it again, not again.
>Remember Knight's starting set
>Remember Mirror Knight
>Remember Bellbros
Fuck, reinstalling.

Attached: 20190421030813_1.jpg (1920x1080, 459K)

Attached: 1a3028945702.png (2939x1769, 2.23M)

>it's not bad level desing, it's [insert headcannon].

Oh I agree with that. Totally agree, but I can still enjoy BB, DaS 1 and 3, but the mechanics in 2 lack the "weight" the rest of the series has, and the movement mechanics seem really bad. It feels like you're not even interacting with character models and backgrounds.

what if they remastered dark souls 2 without soul memory ?

Attached: hmmmmmmmmmm.gif (250x231, 875K)

Y'all hating on DS2, but can't we agree that it has the absolute best starting areas in all of souls + sekiro?

>Things betwixt
>The first bonfire in things betwixt, near the home of the 3 firekeepers.
Supreme comfy desu
>Motherfucking Majula
>Heide's tower of flame

Occam razor. They just fucked up.

They'd have to remove ADP, Soul Memory, up the shitty texture placements, a few bugfixes here and there and then we'd have an acceptable game.

spbp

>Move around
>Just fucking wavedash float slide everywhere
>Lock on to enemy
>Strafe in a moonwalk, floating from side to side, character doesn't seem to be reacting to the ground
>Attack
>Several truckloads of weight in startup animation and recovery

This game is has some of the worst character handling of any modern game I've played. Not even shitposting here, it genuinely feels fucking awful to move your character around, so it boggles my mind when people say they love the pvp in it which consisted of two people floating and doing truck weighted animations with no clear cues. It feels like a student project more than anything.

> and no tutorial boss

Nah, best starting area still goes to bloodborne

Attached: 2019-01-10-21-05-16.jpg (499x514, 77K)

I prefer 3 start because you go straight into the main game and already faces a boss to filter and prepare you for the game.
It's simple and effective. Not saying it has the best main hub, just that the area you start in is perfectly designed to remove everything superfluous.

Snooped around a bit in the unused/unfinished map data of DS2 again and found some interesting stuff.
Basically half of each map is corrupted and amassed at the coordinate origin for some reason so you have to dig through a gigantic pile of triangle-shit and peel away layer after layer to make anything out.
Here are some unused goat and female head ornaments in Drangleic Castle.

Attached: dc1.jpg (1172x779, 117K)

Yes please. Also add more props to places so they don't feel too PS1-ish. Remake the entirety of Shaded Woods from scratch.
Add the "heavy attack when running triggers a jump attack" from DaS3 and we're set.

Agility is fine. The game is plenty doable without softcapping it and you should be level 100 before the game is half over anyways.

There are also tons of giant gears, kinda like the ones in Earthen Peak, in the Drangleic Castle map.

Attached: dc2.jpg (1276x801, 154K)

The Gutter map features an actual model of the corpse that can be found in the infamous garbage pillar texture.

Attached: gutter.jpg (953x829, 157K)

Attached: Uui2rQR.jpg (2048x2048, 641K)

I love the fuck out of BB but whenever I replay it I wonder for a few hours why it was my favorite game until I leave that shithole of a first area

Aldia's Keep has a Ralph Pootawn gargoyle.

Attached: akeep.jpg (1077x833, 132K)

I tried recently and made it to Iron Keep before I just got sick and tired of it and went back to Bloodborne/Sekiro.

Attached: knights.jpg (1280x720, 759K)

No Man's Wharf has multiple different ship models including this big one.

Attached: nmw3.jpg (885x938, 182K)

Good choice, here's too many options nowadays to put have and put yourself through this.

And a viking longship that was probably once supposed to be for the Varangians.

Attached: nmw2.jpg (1236x755, 148K)

Attached: nmw1.jpg (1598x940, 204K)

Everything after Dark Souls was trash. These unnecessary sequels were garbage and never needed to be made.

Bloodborne and Sekeiro are their only thing, so they are excluded from this.

>want to replay shit
Nope, not going to happen.

It's sad all this work was trashed. I'll never understand their reasoning for this.

That and remove the despawns for shit players and ill be happy.

>what if they remastered dark souls 2
They already tried that. It was still an embarrassment.

Where were people who insist DS2 is worse than syphilis when END turned you into an immortal demigod in DaS? Or when DaS3 was as linear as a ruler, cut features from 2, and had shit like FP?

There's a double standard just because 2 isn't le grimdark kino game

It also turns out that this map actually IS the Undead Crypt afterall because hidden inside the mess is the model of the giant statue from it.

Attached: uc1.jpg (1580x861, 315K)

Attached: uc2.jpg (1560x865, 201K)

The sad thing is there is some good content buried under the mediocrity that is DaS2.

The archdrake set is one of the most visually pleasing armors I've ever seen (in the concept art, anyway) and some of the other sets are wonderful too. I feel like 2 would have been much better if it was made in DaS1's engine and had the same lighting and overall graphical style. The levels would still need tweaking and half of the enemies would need new models (seriously, half of the enemies look bad, I wasn't surprised when I learned they outsourced the enemy design) and there would be other misc. things to improve. But, we'll never get anything like this.

Attached: 1419757489132.jpg (802x622, 81K)

>release game
>fix none of the things people hated most
>make game worse in some areas with new enemy placements
>split playerbase
>graphics still aren't on par with the fucking beta footage

Attached: 1396009190960.png (633x758, 260K)

Also a massive model of Agdayne stretching out his left (technically right since everything is mirrored) arm.

Attached: uc3.jpg (1176x709, 129K)

I have a feeling Dark Souls 2 was what broke the camel back regarding From and Namco relationship.
Miyazaki probably wasn't satisfied how it was all handled, it smells as those dev cycles where publishers demand too much, too fast. And you end up with those messy processes and final products.

3 is forgiven because it has the best base gameplay. Also the best animations for all weapons and technically the biggest weapon variety considering Weapon arts may be different in weapons that share the rest of the moveset.

Who's Agdayne?

Isn't it that sorcerer from 3 that you find in the swamp?

google, faggot

*after the first half of dark souls

there has literally never been a good soulsborne game, they just have really good parts that people love so they still play them for those parts while half the game is trash. even bloodborne, my favorite one, has this problem in the form of chalice dungeons. if they scrapped the chalice dungeons and just made a second half of the main game, bloodborne would be damn near the ideal souls game

You know why people defend those games despite their flaws? Because basic shit, like player movement and enemy placement, isn't a shitshow like 2. Both versions of 2 deserve all the criticism they get and more.

The Grave Warden guy you meet for 30 seconds in the Crypt.

Attached: 147.jpg (2249x3496, 1.27M)

Easy, this is a friendly board. Watch your language.

Oh clearly, they didn't have enough time. The game didn't feel finished on release at all, I had an early access feeling for the entirety of my first playthrough. Or, a chinese knockoff of a popular thing feeling.
I think they could have fixed a lot of issues by just making less content for the game and refining it more instead of making a halfassed world. Having a million bosses was a terrible idea too, most of them sucked and weren't fun to fight even taking the iframe weirdness and controls out of the equasion. I would have been totally fine with only 12-15 bosses if they were actually good.

The problem here is that chalice is entire optional, nobody forces you to go through that shit. Izalith, on the other hand, gave me PSTD

At least Izalith is quick to complete. You don't need more than 15-20 minutes to get to the boss.

They flat out shipped an earlier version of the game, hence why so much level geometry is broken and unfinished.

Attached: comparison.jpg (1911x2146, 748K)

I'm sorry, sir.

BB > DaS > DeS
Don't care about the shit sequels and sekiro isnt a souls game

Chalices are pretty fun if you manage to get past the first ones. There's SO much content hidden in there that 90% of people won't ever see.

Why do Souls 2 shills defend the game with such devotion?

Attached: 1478639174813.jpg (248x248, 12K)

>Dude that's the point read the lore.
Yeah, but it's still shit.

All SoulsBorne games are great and perfect imo but this is the true ranking:

DS3 > BB > DS1 > DS2 >DeS

Attached: tarkus.jpg (525x459, 26K)

>player movement
Absolute meme

Big braps...

muh ranking blogpost because buh
BB>DeS>DS1>DS3>DS2
DS2 is still at least a 7, but was unmemorable and too long. Waiting for Sekiro to drop in price because I'm a cheap ass.

Attached: 1557206401301.webm (640x640, 1.39M)

How do I kill the crystal lizards / make them respawn easy after they go invisible?

I hate ds2fags and ds3fags

i dunno man, taking off the nostalgia goggles about all the undead burg, the depths, blighttown and new londo the rest of the game is just raw shit. the combat was embarrassing as well.

I think I would rank DKS3 higher, it had the atmosphere thing going for it but with better combat and all-round more soul. Only thing it lacked was walking simulation.

Sekiro's pathetic camera is Wolf's sanity slipping due to Shura. Haters have no idea what they are talking about. From makes no mistakes

Keep worshipping your 30% finished piece of shit.

PLEASE READ MY RANKING BECAUSE EVERYONE NEEDS TO KNOW

DS2 = DS2

Attached: hYQvlnh.png (580x363, 332K)

Ok, this is epic.

Attached: 155413095255.jpg (1280x720, 117K)

>A boss returning except there is 2 of them this time
Truly the mark of a shit game.

Attached: DS2.jpg (824x724, 168K)

Wth? I don't remember that dragon. Aren't the only dragons the one inside the cage and the old and giant one?

topkek
saved

I don't get it

Because they started with it. Imagine having DS1-level nostalgia for DS2. They are constantly torn between two worlds.

Welcome to Scholars of the First Romhack.
It gets even better with the Executioner Chariot running around Drangleic Castle.

DaS2 is the worst because graphics

Attached: 1552986409400.png (1422x800, 2.24M)

That's in Scholar of the First Sin which makes the game somewhat more redeemable.

DS2's still miles better than the shitstain that is DS3.

>Incredible amount of i-frames on rolls without the need to invest in ADP
>Rolls cost very little stamina, can easily do 8+ of 'em in a row
>Invasions forever ruined, I sure hope you enjoy fighting lobbies because you'll invade a host hiding behind three phantoms 9 out of 10 times. Even if you do defeat the phantoms, the host can summon them right away ad infinitum
>DS3 barely tries to be its own thing and original. Hey remember those places and characters from DS1?! Well look they're back! :DDDDD

>Incredible amount of i-frames on rolls without the need to invest in ADP
good
>Rolls cost very little stamina, can easily do 8+ of 'em in a row
false
>Invasions forever ruined, I sure hope you enjoy fighting lobbies because you'll invade a host hiding behind three phantoms 9 out of 10 times. Even if you do defeat the phantoms, the host can summon them right away ad infinitum
still better than DS2 shitstain dead pvp
>DS3 barely tries to be its own thing and original. Hey remember those places and characters from DS1?! Well look they're back! :DDDDD
better than taking the player to N64 nostalgia trips

have sex

Demon ruins too

Epic

They should deliver the game how it was meant to be not the alpha that they delivered It was supposed to be far bigger and with better graphics

>better than taking the player to N64 nostalgia trips

hahahaha DS2 fags BTFO

t. Ganker

It's still better than 2 as someone that has more time on 2

>doubles your ring slots
>fixes pyromancy and dark sorcery
>fixes poise and heavy armor while keeping them useful
>fixes out-healing all damage sources
>improves NG+
>has built in challenge runs
>has the best rings
>has the best casting system
>has the best NPC questline
>is unique and doesn't ape the shit out of other games
>adds dual wielding
>makes status effects and parrying viable
What sequel am I describing?

A shitty one.

pedo tranny discord edition?

On paper, looking at peoples criticisms of DS2 I can't disagree with most of them, but I still had incredible fun playing it compared to ds3

I have. And I played Dark souls 3 -> 2 -> 1

I liked 3>1>2, but after replaying them a ton I'd say 1 is the superior game for replayability while 3 the superior 1st time experience. So now my list is 3=1>2

Attached: 1553129633836.png (1280x1122, 1.87M)

Back step is viable in Dark souls 2

PVP is more technical because you will just run out of stamina if you roll spam and rolls are shorter/ limited by ADP stat. Which takes away from your other stats if you want more iframes

DS3 PVP is grabbing the biggest stick and swining for trades then roll away until your stamina refills

DeS is good
DaS is alright
DaS2 is god awful
DaS3 is god awful
BB is amazing
Sekiro is mediocre

Sekiro > Bloodborne > Demon's Souls > Dark Souls
Fuck sequels.

BB and DeS can't be anything more than mediocre by the fact that it's sub 30 fps and thus unplayable.

Attached: 1555560917523s.jpg (125x121, 4K)

BRAP

Cant see more than 24fps anyways

Attached: 1556650662581.png (250x250, 81K)

god, the pursuer still gives me nightmares

>get to NG+
>complain about a reused fight
>which is also completely optional

Attached: 1555970486203.jpg (1024x736, 42K)