Was western art a mistake?

was western art a mistake?

Attached: D6TUMaVUwAAzJ1j.jpg (960x1200, 99K)

>westeners can't even make good art for their own games

Attached: 1557133861393.jpg (800x450, 96K)

weed

your question is too generic

Thanks, I hate it.

western X was a mistake
ftfy

when it is creative no. When it isn't then yes. I cannot wait for some new creative idea to pop out then everybody will rip it off.

>was anime a mistake
Fixed that for you

Attached: 198461238912.jpg (880x464, 138K)

>Hey there's this character who's timelessness is attributed to how simple and appealing their design is
>HAHAHAHAHA WHAT IF I JUST GAVE IT A BUNCH OF UNNECESSARY DETAIL WHILE ALSO LOSING THE RECOGNIZABLE PARTS OF THEIR DESIGN, NO NEED TO PAY ME!!!!!!!

Attached: D47xRGvU4AE9eY9.jpg (962x1200, 247K)

Nah, but your life was. You have no talent and are a virgin, OP.

>the entire premise of the series is to re-design the roster with more organic, realistic features and embellish them with traits to make them more plausible under high-definition
>wow why do they have so many details

>He still hasn't done Olimar

Attached: 1542060202871.jpg (400x400, 31K)

Art died when Andy Warhol got accepted.

art, no. (((certain))) cartoon styles, yes.

Attached: big_mouth-publicity_still-h_2018.jpg (768x433, 55K)

>

Attached: mega.png (578x552, 190K)

if your goal is to make a character who's entire appeal is how simple they are more detailed and packed with unnecessary traits, then you missed the entire point of the character

No. See Megaman boxart.

>looks up artist to see what else he does
>he unironically defends the shitty soulless live action Lion King remake
of course he would

both look pretty kino to me

Is pixels the pac man movie for the smash bros cinematic universe?

I dont think the guy is saying "THIS IS HOW THE CHARACTERS SHOULD LOOK LIKE" but rather how would they look with GOW's art style. Not sure what's the issue with a fan of the series having fun.

Attached: Hmmm.gif (500x344, 2.14M)

If it's trying to adapt anime-style art, yes.
Otherwise, it's just as hit or miss as any other kind of art.

NAMCO

Sometimes yes but not always
That's a pretty cute Pac-Man, not seeing much of a problem there

It's a weeb that just wants to complain about not being Japanese

That's not a good example to prove your point, because they both look great

I think it really depends. Westerners rarely know how to make things cute which is why we shit out Pop figures thinking that just because it has a big head and big eyes it automatically makes it cute. We rarely seem to know how to do women anymore because of feminist standards so we gotta give them all man faces. Westerners are definitely better at medieval/fantasy/scifi art though. When Japan does it feels almost like a parody of that genre with anime characters slapped into it. From Software is probably the only Japanese studio to get medieval fantasy artstyle right.

Holy shit you're fucking retarded.