Who here replaying this masterpiece to get in the mood for the remake?

Who here replaying this masterpiece to get in the mood for the remake?

Attached: images(2).jpg (739x415, 30K)

starting a bit early, aren't we?

And I already replayed it one too many times. Done for life.

I just finished the game a week before the trailer, made me hyped as fuck

soon yeah

why, so that the disappointment will be bigger?

Ill soon replay it again, but the new threat mod

Played it yet again last year. Probably won't play it again for another year or so.

remake is for low iq adhd zoomers dumbass

I've played it every summer since 2008

Help me pick a party.
I always just go with Barret and Tifa

Original: I always chose Cloud/Red/Caithsith
Remake: Cloud/Barret/Aerith

Vincent and Cid
women, blacks, and non-humans not welcome

hey guys is it worth getting a ps classic on sale for this and metal gear?

so is Yea Forums but you're still here

>ps1 classic for metal gear
>no rumble or analog

yikes
i
k
e
s

Or just use fucking everyone like in every other JRPG.
Why needlessly limit yourself?

>using everyone
cringe

>dude just switch characters every 5 minutes
CRIIIIIIIIIIIIIINGE

that's not what cringe is you fucking mongoloid

don't reply to me anymore

I only use everyone in games where you can swap character midbattle, like Breath of Fire 4. In every other game i just pick my favorites and ignore the others.

y'all need to watch that tim rogers thing on kotaku about the botched translation

AVALANCHE are terrorists!
Justice for Plate 7!

CRINGE & YIKESED
R
I
N
G
E

&

Y
I
K
E
S
E
D

Cringiest post ITT desu

About to play this for the first time
Gonna use a guide and none of you can stop me

Attached: 1484670172077.jpg (583x439, 35K)

You dont need a guide you dumb homo skele

Big Guard ruins the game

you walk in straight lines through pre rendered environments, there isnt really the possibility to fail.

>on Kotaku

i do if i don't want to miss things

Attached: 1552342510235.gif (540x540, 558K)

I'm not even sure you can miss anything significant. You would need a guide if you wanted to get *everything* in Fort Condor without running back to check it out after every single cutscene, but the prizes from it aren't super important either, I usually only do it the one time I'm forced to.

New players can miss out on Yuffie and Vincent if they don't do a couple things. Admittedly it's easy, but I do remember when I was a kid a friend of mine just completely missed Yuffie and was upset when he learned about it.

Oh right, I could see missing them.

How long are the old FF Playstation games? Running through IX now, and I don't think I have the stomach for some grand 60-70 hour story.

Most of those games you can play for 40 hours or so if you don't rush. They're pretty damn long. I think the first time I beat IX was like 45 hours.

i was really confused when that big nigger just went into my character
what the fuck was that

I hate PS1 emulation, so no.

really hope you're joking

What's wrong with PSX emulation? It's been a long time since I had any real issues with it.

I've come across some information I'd like to share with you guys
To be clear this is not an individual that I am all that close with. Just a casual acquaintance that I attended HS with and share a similar taste in games with. So he is involved in game journalism with the majority of his content being Japanese games. He shared details with me about the trailer 3-4 hours before it dropped and was 100% accurate beat for beat. I mention this information just to share why I am even given this the time of day. Please understand that I cannot verify this information. I cannot claim it is 100% correct.

FFVII Remake is going to have a HUGE presence at E3. When people say information blowout this will be the definition of it. He says to expect a pretty lengthy trailer that will incorporate game play and story. There will be a game play demonstration as well. We will also get a release date. Not a window, but a date. Early November 2019. He would not give me a hard day. Now, this is stuff we could have all theorized ourselves to be honest.

He also gave me some information about how the game will be split. He claims it will be split into two parts. Part one will end with the death of Aerith. The wait between part one and part two will not be a very long wait in comparison to this initial wait. The games will have expanded plot points and locations with tweaks here and there, but the overall narrative will feel familiar to fans of the original.

Also tells me that the towns and cities feel much more real and organic. Real roads present and feel like they serve realistic functions. A world that feels living. Each location feels unique and feels like it exists for a reason. It makes sense that people put up shop there once upon a time when people were settling in Gaia.

cont.

I played it enough as a kid. Played it start to finish repeatedly along with VIII around 1999-2000

Yuffie and Vincent will be much more organically tied into the story. Said that even though Yuffie is a mandatory character the window that you obtain her optional. Can range anywhere from Junon region to Rocket town. She is obtain via side quest early, but an automatically triggered event later if you do not have in her tow. I think we all figured the two were obviously going to be mandatory characters since they have been included in just about all FFVII related media since the OG, but I find the Yuffie stuff interesting if real and I am not sure how hard that would be to program something like that into a game.

Jenova will still be expanded on, but they are going to keep her origins a bit mysterious. She is going to be frightening with this new tech.

Also mentioned that the Sephiroth scene from the teaser is from the Nibelheim flashback in Kalm. Points to the fact that you can see the road lines to prove that it is not in a reactor like some fan speculation has been.

He also gave me some information game play mechanics:

Limits will be familiar, but different. For example the characters will retain the ability to use all their limit breaks from the OG, but they will serve in different functions. For characters that had the full tree of 7 limit breaks their first limit of that level will be a special attack as in one that you can use from the command menu more freely. Hence Braver in the shortcut menu he says. But Cross-Slash would be used as a limit break in the conventional sense. Bar fills up. Attack is used. Bar depletes after you select. So to simplify it further:

Cloud: Lvl 1: Braver - special attack from menu/ Cross-Slash - Limit Break

Lvl 2: Blade Beam - special attack from menu/ Climhazzard- Limit Break

cont.

You're wasting your fucking time. I've played it too many times. I'll just wait for the remake.

Also, FF7 is good but no masterpiece far from it. That belongs to Chrono Cross, Vagrant Story and Xenogears

no
explain

I can't get it to work properly.

He also states that Magic and Summon materia will be very familiar in their use. Attaching them allows for those options to show up on the command menu, but you will want to strategically attach materia as the characters will be a little less like "blank slates" than they were in the OG. They will have their niches in combat and constantly utilized them all will be beneficial for players. Trying to just spam one character will not get you very far in the game. You won't want to load your CQC guys with a bunch of magic and weaken their attack and HP stats since they have to be close to the enemies for melee attacks. Where as characters like Vincent and Barrett could shoulder a little more since they do not have to be up close and personal to deal melee damage.

That's all.

Watch he skips getting the mop

When barret enters his body that means hes part of his party. They didnt want to have the party members follow eachother on screen because that looks like shit

>Why needlessly limit yourself?
Because it's an rpg, you can play how you like.

>Yuffie and Vincent will be much more organically tied into the story. Said that even though Yuffie is a mandatory character the window that you obtain her optional. Can range anywhere from Junon region to Rocket town. She is obtain via side quest early, but an automatically triggered event later if you do not have in her tow.

Sounds believable. They were supposed to be mandatory originally, but were made optional due to deadlines.

>Also mentioned that the Sephiroth scene from the teaser is from the Nibelheim flashback in Kalm. Points to the fact that you can see the road lines to prove that it is not in a reactor like some fan speculation has been.

>Sephiroth and Cloud standing amidst flames

Some people DIDN'T think it was Kalm?

>Also, FF7 is good but no masterpiece far from it. That belongs to Chrono

Yeah.

>Cross

What?

I did a perfect run of the game and it's a bit dense but manageable. You'd probably need a guide for certain events that trigger certain items.

Fort Condor
Gold Saucer stuff
Things you can miss out in Midgar
Things you can miss out in the flashback with cloud
Materia before the gelinka etc

Might want to look up some guides or something, though it's not even really that complex. If you use ePSXe the Wizard takes care of the basics, though you might have to switch graphics plugins depending on the game, but even that's simple.

I guess it's only a month away, I'll cautiously believe this info. Sounds pretty good anyway.

Attached: 1522179399623.gif (230x230, 1.54M)

Cloud, Yuffie, Cid. Honestly the best party in the game.

I'm retarded. How should I get this running on my phone with PPSSPP? I guess I could do ePSXe, but I have awful memories of struggling with that shit to move around files and change settings to piece together fragments of Xenogears.

>he fancies playing with a cuck over a teen ninja

>Released in parts

Nope. Already ruined.

Playing it for the first time, goddam it’s clunky. Also does using magic or something fuck with my defense? I feel like enemies will occasionally do like 10x damage too often for it to just be a random crit

Is it true the first print run of the original had more swearing in it and they censored in updated version? Where can I get the first version?

>Having hope after multiple episodes was confirmed

Are video game consumers the dumbest of all entertainment mediums?

Attached: 1557563899135.png (1920x1080, 1.02M)

Tempted, but the games too easy especially if you use enemy skills.

each "episode" will be a full sized game senpadesuka.

"Episodic" is a meme buzzword that ign popularized and you all fell for it. This is not going to be a telltales game.

Cloud, Cid, and Yuffie

Attached: tea.png (600x450, 335K)

See: the highest grossing films of the last 15+ years.

Cloud, Cid, Tifa

I wonder who could be behind this post

I hope they come up with solutions between parts so people don't grind waiting, then the rest of the game gets cheesed from episode grind wait.

I used to ignore aerith every playthrough because I knew she died and would be a waste of my time to use, but this time bros...
shes coming with me all the way.
Shes going to be my girlfriend

I did it a few months ago. Still a great game but I have zero love for turn based or ATB combat system with the depth of a puddle. Materia system is cool but I only really saw use to heal from enemy elemental attacks or boost stats. Unless you want to go super broken with all the crazy combos to just trivialize an already easy game.
Yuffie and Barret

Magic has pros and cons. You don't want to give your beefy frontliners a lot of support and summon magic early because it eats through their important stats.

Attached: download.jpg (269x187, 13K)

Most forms of materia aside from support (blue) will fuck with a characters stats in some way, you didn't notice max HP going down when equipping green materia? It gives you a summary in the materia screen.

Attached: 888.jpg (1010x689, 217K)

Maybe I'll actually take the time to get Great Gospel for the remake. Never bothered without cheating in the original game.

Will they let us change the menu color this time bros?

>switch version literally comes with cheats

thank god I can just turn off random encounters and out on god mode for bosses. this plus portable mode is max comfy, thank you based nintendo

Just get both games on PS3 (or psp if you want both games for free)

I actually just started it for the first time today.

you can play how you like

Whoa, no fucking shit. Really informative

Big Guard + Trine + Aqualung + White Wind + Matra Magic + Beta
On 3 different enemy skill materias
Shit game

Attached: 1539719223246(1).jpg (334x506, 23K)

Will they let me wear the dress for the whole game this time?

Attached: 1557535544053-1.png (400x451, 45K)

PS4 has the same and some other "features"

yes it's me square enix, hello.

Attached: 567657.png (715x675, 1.14M)

>literally one of the easiest jrpgs out there
>still has to come out with cheats for nintenbabies
You cant make this shit up

Attached: 1554847020482.png (800x1068, 397K)

They censored a lot if not all of the "shit"s and even "wench" for some dumb reason. I think any PSX version you grab will have it all though.

cringe

Literally how did they ok this kind of modelling in that time?

The PC and PS4 versions come with them too.

Hades materia's status ailments & resistances is probably the most broken fucking summon

Seriously, oot looks practically photorealistic by comparison

>caring about how other people enjoy their games.

The only crime here fella, is (You)

Played it last year when I binged on FF I-X. Wanted to play through them all in Japanese, fun times. I'll likely play VII once more before the remake comes out. I don't have much faith in the remake being good, but I am very interested in the localization.

>cringe
cringe

been getting the itch to start another playthrough. might play it on steam or ps4 this time for achievements

>PC
No it does not. There's only a permabooster that maxes health, meaning you won't get limit breaks for most of the games.

Turning off random encounters and speeding up the game might as well be QOL changes.

Attached: thicc4.png (500x700, 454K)

I'm not sure why you or "your acquaintance" went through all this work to just make shit up but game journalists would not have this kind of info.
>Also mentioned that the Sephiroth scene from the teaser is from the Nibelheim flashback in Kalm. Points to the fact that you can see the road lines to prove that it is not in a reactor like some fan speculation has been.
The Sephiroth section is clearly an expansion of the scene where Cloud starts freaking out right before he lays down the bomb. Given the footage we have seen of the game it is very possible Kalm isn't going to be in the first episode/part of this remake.

About to replay soon, but I actually do not care about the remake. The trailer just remembered me that I have not played it since I was like 13 or something. Will be cool to experience it through the eyes of an adult.

My 12 year old brain figured everything worth doing back in 1998. The only tricky part is all the Enemy Skills and maybe the Chocobo breeding

Does anyone actually use the mod models? I’ve been using the AI backgrounds and remastered orchestral OST. But the modes just look completely out of place.

>There's only a permabooster that maxes health

And gil and something else I can't remember. Those aren't cheats to you?

Yes. I doubt tifa shouting "stop acting like a retard" survived the localization / translation in 2019

Cloud, Yuffie, Barret.

Yuffie was made for breeding.

Attached: 1557590014353.jpg (674x1035, 144K)

It was made up by the translator to begin with. There's going to be quite a bit of "They changed/censored this!" because people don't realize how inaccurate the original TL was.

Cloud/Cid/RedXIII

I am replaying with a trainer cheat program and (you) cannot stop me

Attached: 20 - B1MRZuw.jpg (600x599, 161K)

I was playing the PC version some months ago but I dropped it because I was busy and never got back round to continuing.
There seemed to be some kind of bug where everyone is constantly wearing a :o expression which I found mildly amusing.

It's okay, I never bother breeding Chocobos anymore either, I just use the Black Chocobo save editor to give myself a gold Chocobo.

there is always this guy that acts smart then gets btfo'd when the leaks end up being true, happened with xv too

>Playing
Who actually does this? I'm just going to watch a full playthrough on Youtube.

I didn't say they weren't. They're just different cheats that don't make it more enjoyable. Permanent boosters are silly.

Attached: thicc.png (776x1199, 716K)

F&#* pizza

Faggot doesnt know what a technical achievement in terms of music, graphics, art design, and in depth story during the PS1 days.

>masterpiece
Combat is slow as shit and so is the whole game.

i stopped right after i got out of midgard for the 5th time, ff7 was a great tech demo and the remake will be another great tech demo

Attached: emil.png (439x429, 303K)

Its coming out this year

It's not that hard just equip matra magic and grind before the cave to Juno and you can easily get everyone's limit break in like 2 hours or so

Yea Forums is for weeb boomers

I'll play through it sometime next year so I don't forget everything by the time the first episode of the remake comes out

Waiting for a release date first

>botched translation
I actually watched those videos, and he didn't say it was botched. He just said parts of it were translated weirdly.

I've been playing it for fun honestly. I didn't even know the remake was happening they've been talking about that shit for years.

I don't take people who called her "Aerith" seriously. It will forever be Aeris.

Yeah who gives a shit about what the creators intended, i'll take the localizers mistranslation over the creator's vision any day.

They better not ruin "this guy are sick" too.

Yeah, a lot of it was very weird. It was rushed by one guy, so I can't fault him too much. But yeah, it's a lot worse than people think.

nostalgiafags > purist weeb nerds

"Aerith" isn't really a mistranslation since it's a made up name and can be translated multiple ways. Square didn't tell the translator what they were going for, he had very little contact with the developers, which was pretty par for the course in those days, so he just did the only thing a translator and do and picked a translation. If someone translated it as Aeris now it'd be a mistranslation because now we know what it's supposed to be.

it's been "Aerith" since early 2000's, that's almost 20 years now. You need to get over it user.

Pic related official Japanese game manual from 1997

Attached: ffchr.jpg (1200x615, 203K)

Japanese doesn't have a 'th' sound, so they would call her 'Aeris' even if they could read English and saw it written as 'Aerith'

Planning to. Btw, can someone please tell me how to chocobo breed? I swear to god, I never have anything past the yellow one. Never got to river, mountain and sea and golden. The only way I got the golden chocobo is from the old man in kalm.

The game's code had her name as "Aerith" in romanji, put there by the game's developers. The translator chose to ignore it. Every piece of Japanese promo material also had her name romanized as Aerith too.

The translator was a retard and "i didn't have enough time" was an excuse for his incompetence.

Attached: promo material 1997.png (680x216, 389K)

What are some good mods so I can replay without the game looking like complete ass?

Wouldn't matter. The remake is nothing at all like the original. It's more like the abomination spinoffs. If you want to "get in the mood" for the remake, you should play/watch those.

Attached: 519940_1282254650169_full.jpg (570x401, 79K)

Not me but I might replay it some time later.
Not getting the remake becuase it will only disappoint l. Expect a lot of censorship and sjw garbage pozzing up the game.

>The translator was a retard and "i didn't have enough time" was an excuse for his incompetence.

Believe me, translation is not as easy as you think, let alone localization. And localizing a game by yourself with a shit deadline with little to no support from the developers while translating from out of context text or excel files is a load of shit that you want to avoid at all costs. I've been there for games much, much smaller than FF VII and it's a pain in the fucking ass. It's a miracle the localization turned out as good as it did.

Aerith's name being listed as "Aerith" in the game files I remember hearing about, though I thought that it was something the translator did and he decided on Aeris later on. That happens. But you see names in English in the files sometimes, so if that was the case, he probably should've gone with Aerith, though there are arguments for not always going with the English names the Japanese provide, but it depends. He probably just figured the Nips were being retarded with names and decided to "fix" it and it turned out to be a mistake. The Metroid translator made a similar mistake when he mistranslated "Barrier Suit" as "Varia Suit".

I play through FF7 like once a year so I don't really need the remake coming as an excuse.

>wearing underwear instead of a thong
Not Aeris/10