How the fuck do you even started with fighting games?

How the fuck do you even started with fighting games?

Attached: tumblr_naf50fFLvV1s0fo0zo1_400.gif (399x466, 220K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/nUwcUk1SLB4
youtube.com/watch?v=qG76_cUtGZQ&list=PLiSdC6Lp8c7MZzfgTaeRLMthUs52ZqJp8
youtube.com/watch?v=_R0hbe8HZj0
youtu.be/1Xcy-MBO6qg?t=4369
docs.google.com/document/d/1jL6KpFophEvuI3pZmivRTuHPb9l8qjyhKHQbd2qsYJ4/edit?usp=drivesdk
docs.google.com/document/d/18azrPvRlXgiizIq2Gli5AGhJWrpJgTB9TfzfzdDzcDY/edit
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Literally what you posted. UNIST has the most in-depth tutorial in any fighting game and even teaches you how to actually play the game. Ya know, things beyond what buttons do what and the mechanics of the game. It teaches you when to do what and useful tactics as well.

You play them.

forward neutral down forward 2 (simultaneously)

This but don't try to learn Yuzu right away. Start with learning fighting games, then UNIST, then finally whichever character.

>Find game you think looks cool
>Play through the tutorial and learn the ends and outs
>Learn that game's mechanics
>Select the character you think looks cool
>Practice that character
>Fight online or offline against people
>Get your ass kicked over and over
>Don't give up, keep labbing and fighting people

Attached: d4476b359bd774390bfc41a1a53b26af.png (682x750, 235K)

>it's another "yuzu is too hard for me so i main akatsuki instead episode"

Yuzu in OP is used to caught the attention on the average Yea Forums poster

Attached: Profile-enkidu.png (1625x2050, 1.12M)

Play melty

Why would you want average Yea Forums posters in these threads? They're generally awful and do nothing but waifupost

Same way you get started with any game. Learn the basic rules of it and keep playing until you've beaten said rules into your muscle memory.

Are there any good general Yuzuriha tutorial videos worth looking into?

Should I still buy UNIST? Are there players on PC in Europe? Using a pirated version in the mean time.

Attached: 3e1a4f0f28030d1ab6dd0fdedcfdfc0ec8b6a678318beaa24899ff65b75d2806.png (2098x1654, 737K)

You just start playing. If you're good at video games in general, it should only take a few months to get actually good.

>EU
You're shit out of luck

At least on here, EU players are a rarity.

Play Melty, it's easy and fun

Bang your head on the tutorial for weeks figuring out how the fuck jump cancels and option selects work in a way that makes sense to your fingers and your brain that controls it. Then go play ranked and lose 200 games in a row until you have fundamentals somewhat in muscle memory and know what the fuck most characters in the game do

>having problems with jump cancels
I don't get how people have trouble with this.

You'll just need to play.
You'll lose alot at first (if you jump straight online) but then you'll stop losing.
Once you pick a game do look up a tier list and pick a character that's not the bottom of the tier.
>Inb4 muh tier list
Some fighting games (especially the older ones) have some huge gaps in tiers so you don't want to pick a character and have a shit time and not understand why when it's not really your fault your character just sucks.
If you do like the character you can still pick them but it's better when you understand fighting game concepts so you can get the most out of your character and win even with a bottom tier character.

Well if it's their first fighting game then they probably don't know about how certain moves can be considered launchers and how to follow up on said launchers.

There's a new version coming soon. Don't buy the old ones.

From a clean slate of ignorance it's fucking wonky depending on the game. There aee jump cancels where you need to jump attack immediately or delay to make sure you have enough air time to do the combo. It's easier personally to do this on a stick because going from like 2C, 5C, 9 j. a or b is nothing mechanically hard but can be very awkward to time correctly on pad

Mission mode shows most of them though.

I could see people who are just starting out jumping straight into arcade/versus/online personally instead of going into tutorial stuff first.

That's unfortunate and a bit retarded.

The missions don't always tell you 100% what to do.
In sfv one of ryus mission has this (I think it was the final mission of the season 1 set) where you needed to hit them, DP them and do the rest of the combo.
If you followed the instructions you would whiff the DP. There was a dash you needed to do between the punch and the DP that wasn't instructed and was barely visible in the demonstration to get the DP to land and you needed to time it correctly too.
So unless you know what you were doing it would seem impossible.

Well there are also the people on the other side of the fence that feel that they need to spend all of their time doing mission mode stuff and hitting up training mode because they don't want to look bad when playing online (though just doing training and mission modes will likely not prepare them for the fundamental practice that they need) so I'd say it evens out.

learn a street fighter, ST, 3s, USF4, not 5.
learn whatever game looks interesting after that

There were players on PS4 in Europe when the English release came out, and I'm told there are more ever since the EVO announcement but I haven't checked on that myself, and I haven't played in a good while now. I imagine it's not that different for PC, but either way it might be worth waiting for -r to come out instead seeing as you won't have to pay twice that way and it'll almost certainly get a decent playerbase, at least to start with.

>soon
Don't expect the pc version until ~2020
If you're interested in the series get Unist from g2a or somewhere where it's cheap and start now. There's always going to be a reason to wait if you're looking for one

But [st]'s mission even tells you to dash in parts of combos as well as having delay symbols telling you exactly what to do

>Pick game
>Pick controller comfortable for you (sticks aren't a meme but they're also not for everybody)
>Play tutorial
>Get used to the game's basic mechanics and controls
>Pick a character and learn all their moves and mechanics
>Start playing against other people
>Lose, a lot
>Start figuring out why you're losing and work on that
>Eventually start winning

50 hours later you'll probably be ok at the game
don't focus on winning or losing and don't get worked up over losses, just focus on improving and learning from each match
what worked, what didn't work
if you get bodied by the other player think about what he did and how you could have played around it

Attached: 1455603464_Raibow Mika.gif (540x304, 1.97M)

Here's a picture of the mission.
It's was actually between the v trigger and the axe kick (hp while holding back on the stick)
You need to move forward between the 2 or you will whiff but it doesn't say it there.
If you Google trial 10 Ryu you'll get alot of people to tell you what to do but we're dealing with people who haven't played fighting games before so they will just get frustrated.

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 101K)

>It's was actually between the v trigger and the axe kick (hp while holding back on the stick)

Does that imply that you no longer need to do that step then?

Also it looks like it needs to be H-Kick while holding back instead of H-Punch.

You don't need to dash forward but you do need to move forward.
You need to do hp + hk, (for 1-2 frames), then + hp.
if you do hp + hk, then + hp youll whiff and you will always whiff.
it is there in the demonsration but its so slight that you can easily miss it unless you know what your looking for.

Maybe I'm not seeing it in the image, but I can't seem to find HP anywhere but in (STANDING) HP and the V-Trigger activation.

I used to have problems with doing high jumps and IADs. Now it feels odd that I ever had problems with them.
All we need is practice.

Sorry I've been accidentally putting hp instead of hk since I'm going by memory (even though I found a picture I guess I'm also blind along with my stupidity)
The point I'm trying to get across is that there's no instructions to tell you to move forward.
Here's a video explaining it
youtu.be/nUwcUk1SLB4

play the fighting game's in-game tutorial if it has one
Skullgirls has a decent one but it's mostly text

the next level is to watch tutorial videos made by players
Skullgirls has decent tutorial videos makers

Attached: 1556342405398.gif (1122x666, 531K)

Attached: seth meter.webm (640x360, 2.07M)

I see what you mean and that's pretty lame that they didn't include it in the mission or alter said combo so it didn't require a micro-step of sorts to get the combo to work properly.

Skullgirls has good tutorials but it's a combo-based, 6 button, team fighter.
Not really something any newbie should get into unless they specifically love that style of play.

Melty Blood and the like is much better and guides exist all around, anyway.

Attached: Fighting Game Newb.webm (640x360, 2.77M)

>"hey you go to tournaments, right?"
>yeah
>"Does that mean you are an e-athlete?"
What the fuck do I even respond to this?

Attached: Sd-mer.png (1280x1440, 478K)

You should rename it to Seth's Fast Fall kick

here you nigga
get gud and don't be a faggot
youtube.com/watch?v=qG76_cUtGZQ&list=PLiSdC6Lp8c7MZzfgTaeRLMthUs52ZqJp8

>No I just like and play the game.

You don't start by picking up the "In" game at the time.

Talking to you faggots who picked up UNIST after Melee got dropped. be more original.

This is one of the worst I've seen since it's clearly a move that isn't instructed.
Most fighting games are stuff like 1-2 frame delays in the next move for the combo so you sometimes need to experiment to get the combo to work.
But I can understand new players getting frustrated with mission mode because it's not just pushing one move after another like the instruction tell you to.
It's more like "push these buttons in order with some microsecond delays sprinkled in there somewhere" and you can easily spend an hour trying to get a combo down pat in training THEN you need to pull it off against a live opponent without screwing it up.

PLAY MELTAN

Attached: len arc.gif (445x250, 2.38M)

You play, you start slow. You read guides, tutorials, etc. You need to crave information. And play, get your ass beat a thousand times, and keep playing. There's no other way.

There's nothing wrong with picking up whatever game's popular at the moment, but you should stick with it if you like it rather than just bandwagoning and moving on once there's something else to bandwagon.

The term is "competitor"

I feel like I’m cheated when I lose to Akatsuki, even if I know in my heart I was outplayed.

In order to get into fighting games you need to play them. That's why Yea Forums hates them.

>10fps gif

king of poverty

Attached: archetype earth last arc.webm (484x360, 1.81M)

Stay mad smelly boy

Attached: squish akatsuki.webm (640x360, 2.67M)

>recommending 3s

DBFZ. Flashy, simple, easy to learn.

>playing Phonon
he deserved it

Stay unorignal, melee brainlet.

also shallow as fuck

Melee is pretty easy to pick up. People meme about hand-breaking advances techs but truth of the matter is until you get really, really, really good, you don't need to do much more than teching and by the time you do need to improve in those areas you already know if you like the game enough to invest the time to learn them.

Attached: melee baybee.png (600x543, 511K)

You can play Skullgirls with solo characters. I did that for years before I started wanting to get into assist combo extensions. It's actually viable too, you see it in tournaments all the time.

I know it can be daunting to get into since it's combo based but that's also what makes it fun to learn. The first time you master ground combo into launcher into air combo and pull it off in a match you feel like a God, even if you're doing unoptimal shit.

This is a fighting games thread, user.

Not for a beginner

>forgets that you can throw
>gets thrown
>tries to throw and gets stuffed repeatedly
This is too real

Get a friend and practice only using sweeps.
Then practice using only sweeps and throws.
Then practice only using sweeps, throws and jabs.

I know the most challenging aspect is getting the friend to practice with but if you practice those isolated you'll learn the value of those before ever needing to learn about frame advantage and shit like that.

Attached: 4b6189acf2315e3bc9877bb62538000f.jpg (900x840, 62K)

>install unist
>try Orie
>get bullied by Hilda and other fullscreen bullies
>unistall

Attached: 1537422045015.jpg (1004x1440, 324K)

This, I play solo Beowulf and he’s pretty fun, reminds me a bit of Ruby Heart. Though I stopped playing for a good bit to get better at Smash Ultimate.

It's probably even worse for a beginner. They'll get into the superdash>2H>vanish loop and probably never develop anything else

>tfw i like fiighting games but i can't try to get good at them because shit internet

i played a lot of fighting games but i could never play too much against other people because having a normal match online is a super rare occurrence

i don't really care about winning or getting good i just want to play the game

Attached: 1547853414811.jpg (400x317, 59K)

How long is was looks to be a 5A(?) juggle allowed to go on like that?

>Uninstalling after starting out
You know what, you probably weren't worth keeping around anyway

What's wrong with that? They get a taste for fun, flashy fighting game mechanics and if they realize they want to experience something deeper there's other options to try. Better that than throwing them into Guilty Gear and watching them drown in all the advanced mechanics.

7 or 8 hits iirc

I started few years ago with SFV. It's not a good game by far, but it's good enough for a newbie, has the most players and teaches most of the fundamentals, so I would recommend starting with it.
Starting with it doesn't mean to keep playing it, rather you should strike out and find that one game you really like the look of and once you get the basic shit under control start playing that. For me it was UNIEL, which is a pretty good place to start anime fighters anyways. Then you just pick the character you like and start really learning by getting your face caved in countless of times. If you have a local scene, go to that, most people won't mind that you're a newb, in fact there will always be people happy to help you just so they can get new players, and the few that don't like you because you're new don't need your attention anyways. And that's it really, obviously there's loads of shit to learn in whatever game you choose don't pick GG or BB without knowing some real stuff but that comes with playing.

Alternatively, play Tekken.

Attached: 1549911710594.jpg (558x476, 56K)

>not playing them until you've mastered a solid defensive game

Also, if you time your thrusts, you can get in on zoners pretty easily.

What system you on?

> expecting to win immediately
come on son, you gotta put the work in if you wanna GET GUD

Attached: orbie.png (800x898, 628K)

>trying Vatista missiin mode
>not good with charge characters but doing just fine
>mfw 4 tier missions

You guys don't use default controls with this one right?

Attached: 1554093780263.jpg (436x536, 51K)

Sounds like a fun thing to do at tournaments where people go "Aay! Aay! Aay! Aay!" during a juggle portion of a combo.

I think most people rebind there buttons to do holds, at least if they play on pad.

>How the fuck do you even started with fighting games?
>start game
>pick Merkava
>flail arms around
ez

Attached: 2235642345.gif (600x413, 266K)

>played Akatsuki since UNIEL
>now everybody looks at me like I'm a tierwhore
>mfw

Attached: 1552097918523.jpg (1280x960, 126K)

>don't pick GG
GG isn't that hard to get into. It gets its reputation for difficulty from AC, not Xrd.

Squish is the only real tourney regular that keeps with Akatsuki and has the mind to do stuff like that.
I saw some poor sap get shit on by him during EVO last year. Thankfully I didn't get exposed as hard fighting him in comparison.
I don't expect anyone playing Carmine, Vat, Hilda, or Yuzu to be using default button layouts.

Just play one you can enjoy

PC I can't vouch for, but there are lads who play on PS4. I got lucky since I have a small local scene with people who play UNIST. Also Discord will always be your friend with anime fighters, no matter how much you hate it.

Chaos vs Hilda is worse.

I had a read around the internet and what I gathered was to not divine thrust too much, which is like the only thing I did during matches to get in

I'll pick it up again some time but man getting shit on like 30 times in a row was demoralizing even with all the evernote guides

There are a few macros that you can set up your R and L buttons with if you need some shortcuts for certain button combinations.

Wish there was one for B+D to do some quicker moves on pad with Yuzu (specifically the 3rd step in her 4-2 mission scenario since I can never seem to hit B+D together consistently and on time).

Heiho rematch where he wasn't dying from doing two intense GFs back to back when

Attached: out of it.png (1366x768, 1.87M)

Playing Art of Fighting 2 at the arcade and getting obliterated by older kids. Then getting kicked out for punching the screen lol.

I don't get how to play Tekken.

Is this a bad first fighting game? I don't feel I'm getting better.

Is this your first fighter or something? Getting shit on is an inevitability. Don't know what you were expecting.
Especially against Hilda, you need to really know your mechanics and character if you're fighting someone who has a good grasp on her.

Some moves are character-specific for using as an opener to close distance.

If you build enough GRD through defense to get vorpal state, you can close the gap easily by using charged thrust to get around your opponent if they block and CS to be in there face with pressure.

squish won't make it to grand finals this year, he'll be lucky to make top 8.

Jump in headfirst

I got it some time back, just to get to know the game, because I hate watching something that I dont understand.
Wouldnt vouch for a good PC online experience tho, might have to go through Discord to get beginner level games. Everybody I played via online matchmaking was way above my level.
I'm afraid T7 and SFV are kinda the only fighting games on PC that can easily get games on all levels online.

Play games that look interesting to you. They're all going to require time and effort.

Heiho wasn't all too impressive honestly, I don't think he's even at Ryusei's level in terms of Merks.
Just wait til CROW arrives at EVO this August to see some real Merkava action.
He has the highest chances out of most Americans if KSB was any indication

>EWGF in your path

That's true but having to learn YRC, RDC, Danger Time, and all that other shit on top of learning just basic fundamentals is insane to a newbie.

Tekken is one of the hardest 3D games out there, maybe only topped by VF

I've been thinking about getting unist just for her, is it worth it?

Meant "their" here, but yeah. If you feel like you're having a touch time opening a zoner up, I'd recommend watching videos of the matchup you're struggling with. If you do decide to come back to the game, join up on the Yea Forums lobbies as they've got plenty of people playing zoner characters on both PC and PSN so you can get good practice on them.

Hahahaha
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

If you just want the game to jerk off then pick up UNIEL for $5 instead

Redblade might have an even better shot, though he couldn't make it to KSB. I still don't expect to see any non-JP in top 8.

Sounds hilarious. Guessing this happened in some Hispanic country where they'd still have Art of Fighting machines?

If you are talking about just fighting randoms online, just pick up the game, spend time in training mode or getting your ass kicked and read some online games.
If not, do not play a franchise or a fighting game that is based of another one, it is simply hopeless. People who got into similar games before have way more experience and will always be better than you as long as they exist.

Have you tried using a hard connection? Before I upgraded my service that landline did wonders for me
>I'm using a 50ft cable to connect my router to my PC and consoles

Don't do it if you're just gonna buy it for her. 99% of people that do drop her and stop playing because of how difficult she is to learn.

Attached: Ao.png (368x512, 267K)

Perhaps. No amount of training with americans will prepare anyone to face the japs. I expect a hefty line for people to try and fight Lamp this combo breaker.
Hopefully I can get washed by him too.

literally everyone who picks up the game tries her first, and then realizes she's a hard as shit execution stance character. If you aren't up for a challenge, consider other characters.

Tekken is special because it's pretty much one of it's kind. Just keep playing, you'll get it eventually. One good advice is to look at your own matches afterwards and think what you did wrong.

Thats what people say, but after having clocked about 1000 hours on T7, I tried to play UNIST the other day and I feel like the combo game there is way harder.
Maybe I just have to get used to it,

Someone needs to make that "i main baiken" image with Yuzuriha instead.

DARK FLAME MASTER

Tekken is a good fighting game (it is different from 2d fighters so the skills aren't 100% transferable)
Remember learning your opponets character is just as important as learning your own so you know what moves will work against them and what won't. Same with you opponent since they will have moves that work good against you and ones that won't so you'll know when to strike and when to block.

>and then realizes she's a hard as shit execution stance character
Isn't this the same for people picking baiken for the same reason, or am I wrong

The hardest part is noticing what you are doing wrong midgame, to adjust in time for a win.
If there are mechanical barriers, thats another story of course, only practice helps with that.

If you don't mind only being mediocre without using holds, she can still be a fun character to play on a basic level as long as you develop your fundamentals to a point where you leave little room to be punished for your actions.

are the daily unist threads NA only? I'm AU

It is.

Yes, but it also happened some 20 years ago when I was 8.

Yes.
Previous Australian and Malaysian players got 10 frames of lag and was basically unplayable.

99%. There's been one person asking for AU games but nobody else is there to play with them usually sadly.

Alright, who's your favorite fighting game character, Yea Forums, and why? Preferably because you actually enjoy playing the character and not because she's cute. It'd be Eltnum from Under Night for me since I enjoy using her gun and doing dumb stuff with it.

Attached: Elt with a Gun.jpg (198x196, 39K)

Attached: 2235642345.gif (1536x1056, 195K)

Hyde's Rekka and Ground Flame is probably the coolest thing a main character in a fighter has.
Now all he needs is a Dragon Install

I don't think it really is. None of those mechanics are that complex, even if there are complex ways to implement them. All a new player needs to know about YRC is they can YRC projectile to close the gap and they can just limit their RRC usage to when it's used in combos that have already been laid out for them. Those are both pretty easy ways to make use of those two mechanics and the wider implementations of them can just come naturally from seeing how others use them from that point on. Danger Time isn't hard to understand at all either, even if you don't understand what exactly a mortal counter is, all you need to know starting out is that you'll be punished more severely for being hit and rewarded more greatly. On top of all that you have a great tutorial, some characters like Ky who have a relatively low skill floor, and the execution barrier for basic combos is pretty low seeing as there aren't that many links or anything like that.

It would be difficult to start out with if you tried to learn everything at once, but as long as you understand that you don't have to be completely familiar with every mechanic in the game you'll be fine. Stuff like Jump Installs aren't that relevant unless you're playing a specific character like Chipp, and a beginner won't need to be familiar with mechanics like that if they're only just starting out, they just need to learn the basics and let the rest come to them as they play, and learning those basics ins't that daunting.

back to discord I guess, thanks

Attached: 1557431053569.jpg (658x774, 48K)

I could see a kid doing that actually if it was truly a merciless beating.

Who did you play back then? I've only recently played AoF2 arcade on Switch and I usually default to shotos like Robert and Yuri. Most of my AoF experience has been on the SNES and Genesis ports of the original game.

With Baiken it came off as less of her being difficult and more of them being told she's low-tier and so they blame their performance on that instead of them being new and bad, even though she isn't even low-tier anymore.

>one friend hates me because I play hilda
I can't help it, maybe the asshole boss characters like Geese, M.bison and Nightmare should be cool and fun to play, or in Hilda's case a Milf.

Attached: damage.png (240x240, 82K)

There is nothing i love more as hyde than stuffing someone full screen with shadow spear

Sort of.
Before the most recent Rev 2 patches, they could hide their shit grasp on the character and their low winrates by hiding behind tier lists but Baiken is a in a better place now.
The difference right now is that Yuzuriha is probably one of the best characters in the game if you're good enough.

I bought a rap4 fightstick and I hate it, fuck. I think I like controller better anyways

The one and only, everything about him is perfect
He has the combined design of two characters from Giant Robo, his VA is great, he's a vampire, he gives no fuck, his playstyle is great, his theme is great

Attached: SharonSprite.gif (399x301, 105K)

Shes 19

Dragon Install and Sol's counter 6P are the coolest things a main character in a fighting game has though.

Pick one, or several, fighting game(s) you like from gameplay you've seen. If there's a few you have an interest in, ask which is best for beginners (the best games for beginners typically have a good tutorial, an active community that is easy to take part in (or local friends who play it), or have introductory mechanics that help new folk).

Once you decide on a game, do the tutorial. this should introduce you to all major mechanics. You don't have to immediately be able to apply what it teaches, just understand the concept of the more basic mechanics (eg movement, blocking and attack types). You do NOT need to worry about combo training at this point.

Once you've got the basic stuff types down, experiment with characters. Find out what feels right for you. Do you like projectiles? Do you want a big boy grappler? Do you want a jack of all trades? Do you like controlling space? Do you like rushing people down? Everyone has an inclination, just go with your gut and what feels right to you. Spend some time in training mode just messing with their moves and seeing what they do. That's how I found pic related and she's my favourite fighter character and has been for 10 years now.

At this point you should have an understanding of how to control a character you want to learn to use. Next is a bit more freeform, you can learn various factors like spacing, combos, etc. but I find the best thing to learn at this point is what each of your moves is good for (eg anti-airs, what's good to approach with, what's good as a combo starter etc.). Grind out the character on or offline and maybe look up some stuff relating to these factors and you'll get them down with play. By this point, you are now a regular player of the game. Enjoy.

tl;dr

1) Pick a game based on your interest and if necessary, how good it is for newcomers.
2) Do the basic tutorials.
3) Pick a character based on what feels fun to you.
4) Learn spacing, combos and such through playing, discussion and research.

Attached: act into grab.webm (1280x720, 2.77M)

>hilda
>milf
>When she's in her early 20's
You're probably older than her, user
Yuzu is around 19 at the youngest, and canonically the devs said Hilda is 2-3 years older than Yuzu.

Most of my game time spent lately is on UNIST so if I had to go with one, it'd be Linne.

Her fast rushdown playstyle along with projectiles for some varied pressure are fun times for me.

Attached: 1551944814001.png (1451x2048, 484K)

Belt overload isn't the best thing for me, boss. Plus I'm not a fan of the oversized lighter.
Or Rev's strange echoing effect on voices.

Josie from tekken is the first one that I've felt fits. all 4 attack buttons do something fairly quick and basic, combos aren't that demanding for decent results, annoying long distance lows and mix-ups out of switch and crouchdash.

It's pretty much the perfect beginner character

There may be a bit of a recency bias because I mostly just play Guilty Gear right now, but I do love Answer. Zappa was my favorite in AC+R though so I may end up going back to him when he comes back.

Attached: AnswerTaunt.gif (935x835, 1.68M)

Feels like me to be honest. I always forget throws exist until I get thrown and throw out RAW SUPERS when I feel like I'm in danger especially on Wake-up.
The moment I get decent-er at a series though I tend to stop using meter all together for some reason. Probably because I'm used to saving it emergencies that don't come, leaving me with full gauge for most of the match effectively wasting any gained meter in the meantime.

>How the fuck do you even started

where is her ass

That's fair, but none of it changes how cool DI is or how satisfying his counter 6P is.

I like putting orbs on top of people with F-Aoko. Though I like Aoko as a character and lament the lack of Mahoyo in the world.

Attached: Aoko0.png (512x512, 125K)

>pick game up
>play around for like five months online and offline
>had fun
>stop playing
>get called dickrider
wtf man

Akatsuki has too many microdashes in his basic combos for new players IMO. He seems like he has a simple to execute shoto moveset at first but if you want to do more than 2000 damage with combos you need to get pretty technical.

Answer feels like Bang but with 200% emphasis on the seals

But those characters you listed are fun to play once you get a hold of them.

Personally I was hooked on Nightmare the moment I saw him with Soul Edge and am glad he's a staple of the roster in every game from the original SC onwards.

I don't know how I feel about UNIST being so popular now. It's like the normies are preparing to invade another one of my personal favorite things about life. I can feel it...

I mean.... they already took away the boobs and waifus. please don't take away my anime fighters. PLEASE!

Attached: 1519351135636.png (203x250, 61K)

I formatted the post a few times and missed the "get" before "started"
No bully

Attached: 1557420478441.png (421x248, 75K)

No actual normie sticks to a fighting game series aside from liking the characters and maybe story mode.
They're too shit to really stick with it

sure had me fooled

Attached: 1545822636326.png (543x549, 613K)

Normalfags don't play Anime fighters outside of DBFZ.

Attached: C H E S T O.gif (128x128, 5K)

Doesn't stop people from 214B enders for nearly everything.
Apparently said 2000 damage combos are all they can muster when they can't do other characters' combos either so they stick with him.

>Picked up Revelator years back
>Hate Jam's voice
>2019
>Want to hear Jam's yelps as I fuck her
What have I become

Robert, but I wasn't very good. I remember the SNES port being a disappointment after renting it.

Like most people, I'd recommend an older SF(USF4 is pretty cheap, and the older ones are easily piratable), and/or Melty Blood. SF will give you solid fighting game fundamentals without a heavy emphasis on combos, while Melty covers anime fighter fundamentals pretty well. (playing Tekken works for 3d fighters, and Skullgirls for Marvel type games) Pick one of the basic characters, and practice them until you know them well enough to pick the more complicated characters or a character you really like.

Break down whatever you need get better at, like you would when trying to lean any skill. Are your specials coming out only half the time? Could you survive 5, 10, etc. seconds just blocking? Are you getting thrown a lot, or zoned out, or simply don't know when you can attack? Work on all that individually, then apply it gradually. Most newer games have great tutorials for this, many older ones won't though. Practice a bit a day, and if you take a break, make sure it's with a fighting game stream or a youtube video on your game of choice.

Attached: GGXRD-R_Zato-1_Portrait.png (682x873, 425K)

What's the best cheap fighting stick that can be used on everything? The DS4 is OK but it's not really comfortable and the dpad isn't that great. I think it would be easier for me to just use a stick. I heard there's a new revision for UNIST for switch and ps4 so I might just double dip for switch and use the pro controller.

the pro controller dpad is terrible dude

meanwhile, in reality:
>current players: 200

If that were the case, GG entries and BB entries would be million sellers by now and GG is on its 20th anniversary so I doubt that the status quo will change much even with EVO hype.

Reminds me of when it first got announced for EVO, there were a fair amount of new players joining the lobbies and that lasted about a week before more than half of those new players dropped off.

Golden Week sale has also seen a spike new new player activity but it's only been a week so we'll see how long that holds.

Nothing will ever beat the croud shouting "RELOAD" during Eltnum's reloads at CoM.

don't skimp on fightsticks unless you're willing to modify it. cheap fightsticks are awful, you want to be buying at least the 150 USD models, but they do go on sale and many people buy a stick and sell it because its not easy and different

As said in my favourite is Nu-13. I like zoners, but specifically I like aggressive zoners. I like her range and getting to just rain swords on people from all directions but most of all, I like her mobility.

She can cancel most of her projectiles and some of her heavy normal attacks into a dash or teleport on hit or block (as seen in the webm in that post). Her ability to shut people down with projectiles and control her own position with such ease makes her so fucking satisfying to me. She's the epitome of the zoner and I love it.

Cuteness and coolness is a bonus too though.

Attached: ctb.jpg (1920x1080, 456K)

Jewpuncher.
>mfw when this image was will become relevant again with [cl-r]
I just don't want him to suffer so much.

Attached: 1554174141370.jpg (579x329, 24K)

I have a retarded question, in Tekken why don't you press the button at the same time as the character actually does the attack?

For example if I do a three button move, I press the 2nd and 3rd button before my character does the 2nd and 3rd punch. It feels weird.

Enkidu for both his playstyle and personality, I've always hated how most FG characters are so high up their asses all the fucking time

Attached: 1557466866519.png (302x431, 215K)

Yeah, original arcade versions definitely had the better visuals and music going for them back in the day since hardware was much better there.

I think only a few fighting games made a good conversion to console back in the day like SF2.

Yoshimitsu. Tekken was my first fighting game and when I saw there was a dude with a sword I had to play as him. After I accidentally killed myself after cartwheeling around the place from button-mashing, I never looked back.

rap4

it depends on the move, some can be delayed but some can't. Tekken is a very complex game.

>bought UNIST during the sale
>tfw just bum fucking around missions while still finding a main

>What have I become
A man with taste.

Attached: DDj7thtVoAAGRtM.jpg (1038x623, 85K)

Why are 75% of gamers scared of fighting games? Is it because its a one on one where you cant blame your team for losing?

This is some good advice. I don't think I could even grasp the basics of playing a character like Yuzuriha without first figuring out how other characters play the game to get a better feel for everything and come back to her and have a much easier time picking things up.

Is this the secret day time unist thread? Any lobbies rn?

I'm not a specifically big fan of CF but Susanoo hits the right spot of edgy, aggressive gorilla mash character with cool a cool unlock system and badass supers. It also helps that he strongly reminds me of Godzilla.

Attached: 65998414_p0.jpg (1559x1276, 218K)

Bryan or Paul in Tekken
Ayane in DoA
Pai in VF
Merkava or Yuzu in UNI

Attached: iu[1].jpg (736x1200, 102K)

Sometimes the pro controller can misread up and right but it does get the job done for the most part.

I'd recommend getting a converter and using the hori fighting commander.

Nightmare
He's an armoured unga bunga manlet with a big sword

Attached: 1556307444188.png (508x424, 65K)

None of that is complicated at all
YRC has a lot of little side-cases and minutia in how you can use it, but at it's basic level it's just
>throw projectile
>YRC
>do shit
and RRC is just
>get a hit
>RRC
>do a combo
Danger time is basically ignorable, it happens maybe 1/20 matches and all you really need to learn about it is that you can and probably should cancel whatever you just clashed into FD, otherwise you play the same as normal for the most part but reward for stray hits is maximized

At a beginner level all you really need to know is how to use your buttons in the right situations, basic confirms into knockdowns and some simple oki options. Obviously there's a lot more to it than that but you'll pick it up as you go, and you need that basic level before you can work on the more advanced stuff anyway.

I'll give you $50 for it

It's about 60% UNIST talk and 40% general fighting game discussion.

Feel free to throw one up and see if anyone will bite.

watch core a gaming videos
youtube.com/watch?v=_R0hbe8HZj0

Attached: 1511555328028.jpg (600x486, 62K)

Play the tutorial of the game you want to try. Then go play against people and see what they do. Play in lobbies where you can spectate and also play. Then, if you are still confused, go watch a youtube tutorial for the game. Then, if you are still confused, watch a youtube tutorial for your character.

This is simple, but not easy. It is going to take you countless hours of losing and research but once you do it once, for one game, you will find it's much easier to cross game, and play any fighting games.

I-No
I've been playing her for years and still enjoy her setplay revolving around her notes and dash.

Her design did help a lot though. A rock 'n' roll witch is pretty cool. They did a great job incorporating that into her character design and animations as well. Helps that I also like who she was inspired by, Shiina Ringo. Great music themes as well.

Attached: 1504138494336.png (1920x1080, 724K)

>play mika for super long
>learned complex confirms and combos.
>have a solid defense.
>everyone else can just press button for pressure.
>vorpal is needed in every optimal combo but also actively puts her her in disadvantage in getti g the CS meter.
This is hell.

Exactly that, no one to shift the blame to.
Admitting that they suck is just something people find extremely difficult to do.

Wait for the new version or enjoy trying every different approach you can to see which works best against your opponent to get in their head.

That's what I like about playing Mika personally. Lots of quick options to mess around with thanks to fun special moves.

Unist lobby on ps4 if anyone is interested. Kw is vee

Can set up a PC lobby if people would rather play there

Plenty of people just don't like fighting games, it's that simple.

I've played Sol since the original and never looked back,I still much prefer Keep Yourself alive to his new theme

Attached: Manzanita Sol Badguy.jpg (300x300, 18K)

Johnny Sifondi because he is cool, has the best VA, and The Ship is the song of my soul.

I like his playstyle but I'm not dedicated enough to main him.

>yes, you might even say I'm a pretty big deal

my bad, meant to type shouldn't

>Eltinum gets a JAV
>Not Yuzu, not Hilda, not Orie, not Wagner
>Fucking Eltinum of all people

Be there in a minute. If people want to PC it up too I'm okay with that as well.

>1. pick a character.
This isn't a hard and fast rule, but if you want to get started quick you should just start with one character. This can change later.
>2. learn basic game mechanics
At this juncture you can begin examining tutorial modes and learning about the games mechanics. Does it have guard cancels? throw techs? parries? universal stance changes? Relatively universal I-frames/dodges? super jumps? special dashes?
You'll need to get all that down First.
>3. "flow"
go into practice mode with a cheat sheet for your character, every character will have a "bread and butter" combination to use, generally ~ 5 or so hits. Get this and any 1-3 juggles into your super (if applicable). Here you should also experiment with other combos listed online or in game. This practice will give you experience into the "flow" of the game. How many frames between hit confirms to keep a combo are there? Is there a buffer such that you can enter commands before they are required and they will still be executed? Can you continue juggling as the enemy just touches the ground? Can you cross up an enemy with a jump just above their head?
>4. matchups and reads
playing against friends/ online opponents / ai can give you some insight into your character's strengths or weaknesses. If you're having difficulty with this character's combos/mechanics/ common matchups then maybe you should change character at this point. Most of the information you've gleaned thus far is generalizable to other characters. At this point you should be noticing:
"hard reads" or safe frames of motion in enemies that you can exploit to attack first/block/throw/dodge. You can see these attacks as they come out.
"soft reads" or reading the likely options your opponent will take next and preemptively circumventing them. this requires character knowledge, situational awareness, and some psychological insight into your opponent.
At the point you've got all this down you'd be pretty sufficiently "good"

By asking “Why?”
The more times you stop and ask yourself “Why did X happen?” or “Why did Y work/not work?” and go find out how to deal with it, the more you’ll improve.

It's all good. I too appreciate how fun and cool boss characters can be to play as.

Don't worry, it was a terrible JAV anyways. Was disappointed to see my main was treated like that.

Attached: Eltnum (6).jpg (776x1045, 117K)

Keep Yourself Alive is better than Give Me a Break, but I still think it's kind of weak as GG music goes. Get Down to Business was his best theme, even if it wasn't for the normal version of him. The music in SIGN in general was below par for GG music I think outside of the songs with vocals. The music has gotten a lot better since Revelator though and I like all of the new themes from Leo on.

>played the fuck out of CF
>everyone stopped playing
>lost interest in fightans since then cause I can't bring myself to like Cross Tag
Why did they have to kill the game so quickly? It was easily the most fun fighting game I've played

Attached: slurp.png (390x664, 87K)

>Sion has been a character since mid 2000's
>The JAV in question is just a dude cosplaying as her while actual cosplay porn of her exists
>He's the guy who commentated uniel at evo before [st] came out
Please tell me you're pretending to be retarded

You could try SC6, it's pretty easy to pick up.

SFV is also a good beginner game, though many people find it sterile. Unist has a great tutorial, but it's an anime game and you're gonna have to deal with long combos and crazy blockstrings.

Do not learn with Tekken.

You can buffer shit in to some extend, it can make execution easier at times. This only really applies to combos tho, which for the most part are fairly easy to do anyways.

There's more people playing CF than CTB. Maybe just hop on the discord and find people there.

fighting games do an awful job of teaching you how to play, so the experience for everyone new goes something like this

>play through solo/story mode
>oh that was fun, let's play online
>get absolutely manhandled
>again
>and again
>and again
>with (in most games) no way to even begin to know what you did wrong or what to do to improve

Honestly, most fighting games use the "hurr we're a hardcore genre" to just be lazy and skim and proper teaching of game mechanics.
>the people interested will just go online and read fan-made guides and shit lol

Sure it's fun but the reward is weak. And relies way to heavy on momentum without having powerful mix up options.
The moment you opening gets some distance the entire round is in danger.

>most fun fighting game
What, CF?
>why did they kill it
Something about dwindling sales for the series and the autistic screeches of dubfags who refused to buy it.

Welcome to fighting games. You either play the current version or you get the fuck out. Not even Discord can save you. I remember buying UNIEL a while back and I got maybe a week of play before everyone moved to UNIST because of poor timing on my part.

I showed up either a year or half a year late to uniel and got like maybe 1 or 2 weeks of total playtime before unist came out.
Still fun, even if I had basic bitch combos and grd awareness. Apparently that experience was a lot more than some people got when the first Yea Forums lobbies started.

they're slowly getting better at it, but there is tons of reference material to use to get better, people just have to be willing to read and ask questions

This. If you want to learn Tekken today, there is jack shit for a tutorial ingame. It literally doesnt exist.
At the same time they have a approx. 500 entries long list of upcoming small local tournaments on their homepage, so at this point your best bet is just to go there and ask someone for a crashcourse

CF is honestly probably my favourite fighter. The cast and gameplay was just so fucking good. I'm looking forward to more mainline BB but I'm also kind of sad they'll probably drop whatever engine and format the series used until now after CTB. I like CTB though so I'm not extremely bothered.

Looking forward to the new characters. Mildly annoyed that they're out the same day as fucking Team Sonic Racing because I'll want to play both.

Attached: Vatista and Nu.png (916x972, 1.58M)

I think that's my first win against Sha. Now that's some progess (or he isn't fully awake yet), haha.

Attached: 1555908224626.jpg (2150x3035, 504K)

>Like and play mika
>Everyone assumes I'm just one of the basic bitch members that dropped her.
I hate this.

Play them.

I started with playing SF4 a couple of years ago, took me about a week or two to do FADC ultra, kept playing, losing and improving, branched out to older games as well as other "genres" like anime fighters. Now i'm pretty good at them, because i have the fundamentals that transition really well between whichever fighting game i feel like playing.

Attached: 1556843260133.jpg (632x601, 56K)

I don't know why fighting game companies don't invest in more complicated AI that behaves more like a real player to prepare people for going online. AI in story mode basically flips a coin to decide if it's going to block or not, so you can sit back and spam projectiles until you get enough lucky rolls to win. Online, even against a total retard, if you spam fireballs eventually they're just going to block all of them because humans can recognize patterns and adapt. It's worse when it comes to games with supers/critical arts/ultras because again the CPU is just rolling a dice.

You can get insane amounts of damage if you're lucky and gorilla mash your way through story mode, whereas if any human player sees you do a super from full screen he's obviously going to block, which will be intensely frustrating for a player who just came from demolishing an AI. It's why you got all that "block spammer" whining from early DBFZ players.

Blame the ones who spam the same 20 images of poorly drawn lewds and bonk memes and never show up to fight or bother to open lobbies.

this is the best video gerald's ever made, some of them seem sort of pointless but I'm gonna send people this if they ever ask me how to get into fgs.

also somebody post the beach gordeau edit

Fighting games are based on mind games. Playing a computer will never prepare you for dealing with a humans decision making process, only how to deal with the computers.

unironically blame the koreans for that shit; even getting frame data is a fucking chore, I swear tekken's high level scene is a racket. The top players started bitching about hitbox controllers because they made backdashing around effortless

Because making human like AI is not simple, easy, or feasible, despite whatever dumb shit you are going to post in reply to me that makes you think it is with your limited understanding of the problem space.

Your only solution is to stop being a little faggot and lose online before you can win.

Last year and this year was absolutely telling how many shitters on Yea Forums got their shit smacked in fighting games with Tag and DBFZ.

>90s
>live right down the street from a roller rink that actually has a lot of cabs on one side
>wander around, see kids playing a game where people fight (not sure which fatal fury it was)
>see this motherfucker and think he's the coolest character ever
>start to play and beat more kids each visit
There are many other characters I find more interesting gameplay-wise, but my boy Terry is still my favorite.

Attached: terry.jpg (345x654, 43K)

Attached: beach Gord.png (584x428, 81K)

Fighting games are hard, they are always going to be hard.
Even baby casual games like Mortal Kombat are gonna take time to get good at and people will still destroy you.

Just gotta keep playing.

Oh please. 99% of online matches have nothing to do with mindgames, but with very rudimentary understanding of game mechanics and general gameplan ("how do I turn hitting people into a win")

>Yea Forums playing games
>Yea Forums playing fighting games
lmao

Attached: 1550740880590.png (2310x4818, 721K)

Ok then retard, by your logic training on AI is fine because they don't adapt to you like you just propositioned humans don't with your asinine post.

fuck the mika match up holy shit that puts me on edge.

>How the fuck do you even started with fighting games?
Not with Yuzuriha that's for sure.

games like dota or lol have a steep learning curve as well but they're super popular because the developers there have actually identified this issue and worked to remedy it with ingame and even in-match guides
guides that go beyond "how to hit your buttons" but also cover basic metagame shit

Maybe if you are just autopiloting, which of course works against players generally worse than you

you either get button reading AI or AI that fights in a pattern. I prefer the latter simply because you can play around to see how to stop certain moves and such.

post link

I get that people are dumb in general so I should assume nothing, but surely both boomers and zoomers know about youtube. Tekken 7 was the first fg I took seriously and I figured everything out through the wonders of the internet. I also learned sf5 and sc6 this way. If a good tutorial is what it takes to break the fighting game stigma then that anime game that I hear has a good one would be booming right now.

It's all momentum you really never want to give them an inch because they will take a whole fucking country.

Find locals if you can. There has to be a community somewhere, man.

I do play online you silly goose. I'm just saying CPU AI is not an area any developer seems to be putting any focus on, which they should if they want to try for normie player retention. Look at how SFV even shipped without practically any single player content at all.

I never once said it was simple or easy either, but there's clearly work that can be done on it. Killer Instinct's shadow brain was a step in the right direction, but it never really expanded from that. I don't know why you're getting so heated about it either, an AI that you can program to play like a top player would be a great training tool for people that want to play against other people as well.

"That anime game" is having a huge boost in players right now and is currently fourth at evo for entrants.

And back into the webs I go. I'll make it a goal to get a win with Mika today hahaha.

No? Because beating AI doesn't teach you shit. Maybe this is just a semantics thing but I don't consider stuff like knowing what is safe, what is punishable, etc. as "mindgames" and that's how most online games go down.

This may surprise you, but there are other hard games that don't require outside resources to even get started.

$100+ is good for me I just want something better than the DS4, it's mostly just the pad (or its just might be me) cause I can't seem to do the quarter
circle stuff consistently. What do you recommend?
Is there an adapter for it?
Looks good, will read up on it first though

you can do it sai!

This is what I think scares off some people looking to get past the casual level of play. Most of my friends that get frustrated do so because they don't understand what the fuck is tripping them up ("That's bullshit" "What?!"). Some games now do have great tutorials, but not all and I think that solid tutorials should be standard. It's still a frustrating genre to get into since you eat dirt for a while, but knowing why is what would help keep people around.

Attached: 1281754642864.jpg (480x640, 40K)

Hitting someone with a low a few times and then an overhead to catch them ducking is a mindgame that even the nubbest nub can do, and will work.

Thanks m8. If this is sean, you played a pretty good Vat with all that keep away!

Is fighting the most difficult genre out of any game? I've played RTS, FPS, MOBAs, TCGs, and I cannot dent fighting.

All you can do is program an AI to follow patterns. Any pattern it follows you will learn, and then fight against humans, who as part of their playstyle, change patterns. An AI changing to the best solution in any scenario is unfair, and following a pattern to play like Daigo at XXX event would mean you would be training to beat that one thing and not be generally good at the game.

It's not a simple problem, and there are no steps to take. Games already have the "train against how to beat this scenario" guides (I know GG does) so beyond that all you can do is fight actual human beings.

thank you!

Not that guy but I think he means mindgames in the sense of conditioning? Like never once DPing on wakeup to train the opponent into thinking you're never going to do it, and then when you need that last chunk of life to win you DP on wakeup catching them completely off guard. That's a mindgame and it wouldn't work on traditional AIs since they don't think that way.

Seeing a person shoot a fireball a shitload then waiting for them to do it again and punishing them is a mindgame. You bait them into throwing the fireball because you realize that's how they are going to play.

You don't know what mindgames are.

>tfw fought a mika today with 0 wins but a butt-load bunch of matches played
>dumbed down all my shit to try and teach some footsies, blocking and general neutral

hang in there man

Attached: 1556824721201.jpg (480x480, 31K)

Certain games have bullshit that you explicitly need to know about that aren't intuitive, and that's what gets casuals frustrated (this overhead/mid animation is actually a low, this specific glowing laser move is unblockable, etc)

DOUBLE GRIDDO

high level for every genre of vidya is very difficult to get into, but in every other genre at the beginner level you might lose but you it will be "close" and you'll feel like you actually got to play the game before you lost. In fighting games, you get your shit pushed in immediately and there's very little randomness, so the skill gap is even more apparent.

I'd argue that RTS takes more skill than fighting since you have to manage so many resources on top of watching your opponent's moves but fighting games definitely are up there in the purest form of reacting in the moment since you're always facing your opponent head on without room for break.

dota does not remedy this at all, they teach you basics mechanics like any fg does and then gives you some sample item builds which is basically parallel to the sample combos every fg gives you. I would go as far as to say dota actually does a far worse job, the tutorial is way out of date and a lot of the ability descriptions are straight up incorrect. those games are popular because the population is huge and filled with bad players. dota and I assume league have so many strategic elements but you can easily get ranked better than 99% of players just having decent fundamentals and playing a lot of games with the same hero/build/playstyle. meanwhile I have been playing fgs for years and it took me a long ass time to not lose every match I played against somebody in xrd. as for the initial popularity of games like mobas I just ascribe it to being visually accessible and free to play, I can't understand why big fg devs haven't moved to a free to play model where you get training mode for free and can buy characters/story mode/etc.

>current players: 200

Oh yeah don't even get me started on shit like frame data.

>mfw fucking smash ultimate has a better training mode than most "real" fighting games

>fighting game thread
>uni players are the ones fighting while discussing
I like how it's their thing to make a lobby and fight whenever the chance presents itself.

Thanks! Yeah, that person definitely needs to have a seat and learn a thing or two about the basics of blocking for starters probably.

usually most basic online matches boil down to:
>get knockdown
>does the opponent know how to block on wake up or use an inv. reversal
Most new to intermediate players lose because they're impatient and focus solely on offense and not defense. Mindgames come in when both players understand defense and are trying to crack through each other's guard

Even just programming an AI that you can condition would be a good start at having something that behaves more like a human player.

>Combo Breaker entrants: 424

Nobody is bitching about anything on high level.

DotA has ingame, in-match item build guides, skill build guides and you can hover over every single skill to give you tips on how to most effectively use it or how it can interact with your other skills
the biggest hurdle in dota is the burden of knowledge due to the gorillion possible interactions, and the game does try hard to give you that information as quickly and easily as possible

How do I get good at Vatista?

I just love the game so much.
And I went nuclear at the leaks for under night.

It's such a fun game and playing against the people on here is a good way to learn. I'm happy i started joining these threads to play them.

Grow a 4th hand

But in RTS (unless you get rushed immediately) you have a period of you being able to actually play the game by starting your economy, building, maybe even training military units. You'll get demolished at the first engagement yeah, but it's not like a fighting game where you're pretty much done immediately at round start.

I put RTS, Fighting and classic arena FPS(quake/unreal) up there in difficulty. Which also are very fun for me, no matter how hard i get my ass handed to me.

Whew, that was a nice flashkick counter to my 66C hahaha. Fun times.

Learn how to charge and partition.
Charge for one thing while charging another. NA's best Vat player tends to play with the Yea Forums lobbies from time to time

Of course there is this "Dark Souls" effect, when a game has this stigma to be super hard and unaccessible, but for a competetive game, that is just damaging.
The reason T7 is so popular is that its a very satisfying to play and balanced game.
But something like a throw break tutorial, or optimal punish tutorial would still be cool, but the game has nothing. You have to set up everything yoruself, from youtube videos to setting up the training mode.

youtu.be/1Xcy-MBO6qg?t=4369
Included the timestamp of the set.

Grind the hell out of 4-1. I'm learning vatista as a sub right now and it is suffering. The vat channel on the discord just made a new google doc explaining a bit about how to learn her

Being able to zone, have big damage and long bullying normals made me fall in love with her. Is there anyone like her in UNIST?

Attached: file.png (368x398, 176K)

>can only play super turbo because fireball and normal spam is the go-to strategy
>every other fg after realized that shit is cheap and no character can center their gameplan around that
>mfw st is good enough of a game that I don't need no other fighting game

Attached: 1527849133335.png (297x187, 126K)

Hilda

Dont mean to be that guy sean but are you holding back?

ways back they got ass blasted about people using hitbox controllers because it made korean backdashing piss easy so they got banned from use.

You missed a steal on qanba obsidian where it was $129 instead of the usual $200+ retail

no i was trying to reply to that vatista guy if i'm being honest. i thought that IW would kill him.

Just started UNIST like two days ago, gonna stick with Hyde for now but how beginner friendly is Byakuya? I think I like him most.

Attached: bya.png (1440x1440, 349K)

Hitbox isn't banned anywhere

I'd put RTS at first, but not the autopilot macro oriented type like Starcraft, but the micro focused games like Warcraft 3.
RTS is basically more mechanical skill, roughly same knowledge, but waaaay less decision making required in comparison to fighting games. And also not as fast reactions required.

You're not done at the round start, like RTS where you decide your build order, you decide how you start the round. In fighting games like RTS you could go really greedy, safe or whatever, which will eventually decide your next move by either going in to the neutral game or hit confirming a combo.

Attached: 1552649808963.jpg (534x444, 39K)

Practice his 4-2 mission to get a grasp on what you're going to be doing for combos.
The Yea Forums lobbies have two strong Byak players so they're around to help you. Hell, I think they're playing right now.

IMO intermediate. His specials are easy enough to input but since he has setplay special moves some of his trickier combos can take some time to get used to.

People well say that byakuya is hard to play, but I learned the game with him. He isn't that bad in terms of inputs imo

Dude, literally nobody for the last 20 years has complained about backdashing being too hard..
It take less time than learning how to ride a bike and you will never fuck it up once you know how.

Comparing difficulty across vastly different games and genres is silly.

>Is chess harder than boxing????
It doesn't work when there's little to no common ground to actually compare skillsets.

Ayy you're using my main team. My zoniggro.

Yes we are

Hopping into the lobby for a bit, but have to leave for work soon.

Attached: Eltnum.jpg (1024x1024, 143K)

Welcome to spider hell

All videogames require the same basic skillsets user.. it is comparable.

Oh man I haven't seen you in forever. Crazy fun times are ahead if you like webs.

Don't worry, I haven't played in what feels like forever so I'll just be losing every match.

Attached: eltnam.png (700x832, 192K)

if you want to be optimal, he's absolutely terrible with inputs, his optimal combo easily confuses 66b for 623X in the later part of it.

Not really. That's like saying every track & field event requires the same basic skillset
>just move your body lol

Is there any other unist character who has scary throws other then Yuzu? I don't mind being a scrubby sub-optimal Yuzu main forever because she's the coolest character but I'm curious about other options

Attached: 1543792457777.jpg (768x768, 101K)

An UNIST discord or something?

you get over that in the first day of playing him

>Scary throws
You mean people who can combo off their grabs? Because Hyde, Gord. Byak, and Chaos can do that.

Oh shit really? Can she handle herself up close?

Byak has one of the best throw games in all of unist

Played tons of street fighter 3D on the 3DS
Guile is OP same with Bison

Attached: A753D361-A245-4F92-A7E7-FD4275857B79.jpg (501x585, 61K)

docs.google.com/document/d/1jL6KpFophEvuI3pZmivRTuHPb9l8qjyhKHQbd2qsYJ4/edit?usp=drivesdk

Hell no

No you don't, the second 66b gets eaten incredibly hard if even a minor input is variating from 66.

>just move your body lol
No, just move your hands..
All games require mechincal skills, sometimes called macro/micro, sometimes called execution.
All of them require fast paced decision making.
All of them require a vast knowledge about the possibilities of yourself and your opponent.
This is true for fighting games, RTS, FPS, even card games, with varying emphasis of course.

That sucks. Is there a mission I should learn by heart to get started with her? I feel like the beginner missions aren't really going to be used.

she is very unique.
her kit sucked though and if they bring her back they need to make her kit more cohesive. keep the great movey but replace th e wakward ones

Attached: b457e279fe9d1030071752ed6f2b9a86.jpg (396x634, 24K)

git gud

Gord, byak, and hyde off the top of my head can also get combos from their throws.

Phonon IMO.

this whole thread was made as bait for that video i assume.
its a great video though

i did, i stopped playing byakuya, i'll leave that execution barrier for people like clear lamp

Attached: 1556802114072.png (122x128, 15K)

knowing what items are generally good on heroes and how abilities interact is like first 100 hours shit, you don't even need guides for that most hero's kits are pretty straightforward. there is a ton of basic high level strategy that the game could teach like pulling, when to use courier in the early game, how to make time to do other shit by pushing in your lane, the pros and cons of using tp scrolls for certain situations, etc. that don't change between patches and would elevate game quality a ton at a lower level. meanwhile modern fgs like unist and mk11 are teaching things like OS's, frame traps, space control, etc.

It was actually bait unist lobby thread.

The video itself is a bait

>two byaks running the lobby
>every combo is 4k into setplay
>huge stagger windows

Save us from this spider, CLR

Please, many genres don't require mechanical skills. Turn-based games for example don't care how you press your buttons. On the other hand of the spectrum you have something like rhythm games that only care about how you press your buttons.

Do you really want to argue if Europa Universalis or Osu is harder? By what metric?

Learn missions 4-1
Every character has something applicable to be used in the 4-1 combos aside from Wagner and Enkidu.

he's getting buffed

Ya know, I forgot Eltnum has air throws haha. Nice stuff Razzy!

> People get CL-R expecting for byak to get nerfed
> he get's buffed even higher
top 5 incoming

Attached: 1557336193270.jpg (800x714, 323K)

I'd save you to swat some spiders down by my internet is down.
They can get chipped to death next time

>one button no charge specials
The fuck were they thinking

Attached: 1519012286076.png (1920x1080, 2.75M)

You know what I'm glad died out quickly in the FGC? When people referred to motion input by the number pad. Like instead of saying quarter circle forward or QCF, they would say 236.

Attached: sf2-Look at you scared now you ho.... scared like a little white pussy. Scared of the real man. Ill (700x440, 44K)

Played the shit out of Tekken 3 demo when I was 6 and have been playing since

Apparently some people hate number notation.

What balance changes do you hope will come out of the next release?
Honestly not hoping for too much the game is in a fairly good place right now.

Attached: 1546306628319.png (500x775, 510K)

Don't they still? Maybe not on commentary but when looking up documents of anything not SF.

Played better than I thought, but damn it feels bad.

Well let's get the elephant out of the room now then: Buff Enkidu.

ask me how i know you don't play or are involved with any other game except SF

> died out
> dbfz, bbtag and unist have only made it the go to
I have no idea why you think it died out, some of the most popular games right now almost exclusively have their moves referred to with numpad notation.

Nerf Phonon's damage because getting high 3k off of her range is kind of insane. Gord can only muster around low-mid 3ks but he's nowhere near as oppressive as she is and Merk needs meter to combo off of 214x.
Maybe tweak Seth's damage or frame data
Make Akatsuki less fucking neutral on block
Give Mika a vorpal trait
Fix Enkidu's 214x
Give Hyde's 214x air-unblockable properties

Off the top of my head

now that I'm playing seth I hope they give him the johnny treatment and give him mad buffs

I hope they add a bunch of new fun and interesting fighters. I guess besides that bring some of the other characters up.

>Online, even against a total retard, if you spam fireballs eventually they're just going to block all of them because humans can recognize patterns and adapt.
Youre wrong, you know.

that right there Sha is why i'm learning Vatista

I could learn a thing or two from Kairos about getting around those webs in neutral.

Seth can stay exactly the same but nerf the motherfuckers privileged hitboxes. You can't anti-air j.214a, and his buttons are so nastily good.

I feel you man, I dont care for fighting mika either

>Merk needs meter to combo off of 214x
what? besides leading in to CVO and vorpal combos you know he has oki options besides leading in to a combo right, it's fine as it is.

I just like flying

I did not expect to somehow get out of that corner and go into ex command grab hahaha. Was hoping for EX DP for sure!

I'm sorry bro...I just love the XD
I'm having fun bro...I like the webs...

>play Eltnum and Vatista
>have the power of Melty and Salarymen on my side
UNCL-R won't touch either of my characters cause there's enough autism in Japan to toast frenchbread from both general playerbases. Meanwhile Seth and Wagner are going to be fucked.

No, I'm not asking for 214x buffs you fool. I'm comparing how certain characters combo from such a range. Merk can combo from fullscreen with the grab with CS but Phonon doesn't really need to do something like that.

>having trouble with wagner.
Japs already think she's just okay so not sure what you're expecting aside from nerfs to her 5B or something

One would hope that they change Wagner enough that she actually gets played locally by the Japanese playerbase.

Attached: characterusagerate.jpg (404x946, 168K)

GGs, short and sweet. Hopefully, I'll make it to the next lobby.

Attached: Eltnum (2).jpg (2500x2524, 446K)

as a byak player im certified lazy
i want the match to move at the speed of my stagger pressure
mika is too hyper, slow that kid down

GGs! Hope to see ya around next time too!

>Japs actually play Hyde while NA only has like 4 worth talking about

Because there's a difference between arcade and online, Wagner has the tools and data to be an absolute online menace.

Isn't Waaguna pretty decent though?

Actually, yeah, I got the same question. Recently picked up Mortal Kombat 11 and Dead or Alive 6, having fun, but obviously I'm a complete scrub? How to git gud? What to keep in mind? I realize these two games' systems are different, but tips are welcome for both.

Then find some offline wagners to fight at locals or majors, user.
They're really easy to predict as long as you aren't fighting redblade or something.

>arcade cabs almost all have at least like 2f of lag
Bro, japan should be the real netplay gods by that logic.

What are UNIST's beginner friendly characters?

2f = 4/5/6f

Attached: 74c59eO.png (641x482, 600K)

Akatsuki, Wagner, Hyde, Linne, Enkidu, Mika. Might be forgetting somebody.

Gord's pretty simple to work around.
Even Orie is pretty simple.

just smash all the buttons until you win.

execution wise, akatsuki, hyde,enkidu, and orie.
in neutral and other wise, hyde, phonon, orie and merkava. Aside from yuzu, seth and vatista, their really aren't to many characters that are specifically hard to get the basics with.

Attached: King.png (632x148, 28K)

To the guy who posted the vatista google doc, did anyone make one for Hilda, too?

Are their any guides for UNIST aimed at Melty players? I have no general fighting game experience, only Melty experience and I'm wondering if there's anything that can explain how to play the game in a way I would easily understand

She's fast and has alot of safe moves but her blockstrings aren't too tricky compared to the rest of the cast so maybe that's why Japanese don't gravitate towards her.

That and she's a gaijin?

YAY THE POWER OF DUMB THINGS

>that 236c whiff
Spirit breaker and also time for work

ggs amigos, see you later

Live by it!

oh shit i never responded to you sorry about that.

docs.google.com/document/d/18azrPvRlXgiizIq2Gli5AGhJWrpJgTB9TfzfzdDzcDY/edit

Not the same thing as the vatista doc, but this one goes over the basics of hilda, explains her gameplan and how some of her moves work.

you have to find something you enjoy so you feel motivated to learn it. that's really the key

Eternal Champions, the Genesis version.

>EU
>locals
i can't, shit sucks.
i can block and shield wagners on a good connection, but anything exceeding 4f i have to hold that shit and get fucked up

Shame he can't do that to Japanese players.

>everyone else can just press button for pressure.
Trust me it really feels like that sometimes with everyone.
Quite often I would get frustrated at how seemingly the other guy can just press buttons endlessly for pressure until I tried learning some myself and found out how risky or execution heavy everything actually is for that character.
Of course you still have the outliers that are literally frametrap gorillas, but it's something we just gotta deal with sometimes.

Thanks a bunch, user.

Attached: 5753756.png (800x800, 263K)

GGs m8! Best of luck out there! Til next time!

I don't believe so but there's plenty of game mechanics that translate pretty similarly. Both games have a defensive system button with D, IAD and assault are functionally similair, both games have defensive bursts, rebeats, etc. The in-game tutorial is actually really good at teaching you everything you need to know.

See ya sha. thanks for the games, hopefully we can get some more spider matches in the future

Here's your UNIST guide for melty players
When they're in block/oki pretend you are playing melty
When it's neutral time pretend your up button doesnt work
From there you will naturally learn the flow of the game

Attached: 1555847978469.gif (200x200, 41K)

Optimally she is a great zoner with all her projectiles and minions but as soon as I picked her up I saw fringe potential as a weird disjointed rushdown character. Labbed it out, brought it to some locals, found out only one other guy played Dizzy and was much more formulaic so I got to hit them with both character unfamiliarity and unorthodox playstyle. Was hooked ever since.

Later I found out about the player Ruki who used her the exact same way that I did and learned a ton of new strategies. Certainly not the best way to play the character but god damn if it isn't way more fun

Attached: 1528424370368.jpg (602x857, 92K)

Got to complete my goal for the day, feels good man. Now I can lose all I want hahaw

Reset for life!

And I just got mowed down f hahaha.

Why not just play Venom or Faust, then? They'll do the same thing better

this is how i got into fighting games. i started with original street fighter 4, then got into marvel vs capcom 2, then marvel 3, but now that those games are dead i haven't picked anything new up. nothing else has really grabbed me the same way.

reminder that texas showdown is on now

Attached: 1555833441523.png (1778x719, 151K)

Sorry gotta grab my laundry before filthy heathens steal it.

What are some of the normals/command normals that I should expect to actually hit anyone with with Jam to know specific Counter hit combos?
Are my usual go-tos just 2HS > 2D > 22x unless I get specific starters to actually do combos when I'm carded?
Are there any specific missions in combo mode that I should really commit to memory?

Literally play them. You will get your ass kicked from here all the way to Sunday multiple times. As long as you keep a level head you'll find that after a while you can keep up with people you previously thought were way too good for you to match up against.

That round 1 comeback and almost double super victory was something else.

GGs all and thanks for hosting Sean! Sometimes it's nice to play without being under night, haha.

Attached: 1551860326363.jpg (1440x1920, 277K)

>to be good you have to autistically learn the hundred moves of 30+ characters

defend this

I won't. The better educated player wins, get fucking good.

>To be good you have to learn all your characters moves and remember a few mixups other characters have

It's not that hard you baby.

I know this black guy on youtube that has a series called 'Getting into fighting games'.
Watch a few of those videos.

I did try Venom for a time but he just didn't click with me. I might go back and try again at some point. Faust is just too weird for me. He's fun to watch but I don't want to deal with his rng projectiles.

I think if I had to nail it down to one thing it's all in the movement, I love Dizzy's double airdash. It lends itself nicely to some scummy shit

>To get good at the game, you have to play the game.
It's not that hard.

Attached: Really Makes Me Think.gif (512x807, 469K)

Black guy in question is Woolie

>Getting into fighting games

I've only seen the smash one. Are they all as shitty as that one?

I hope they don't introduce new system mechanics. The current GRD system is perfect the way it is, and just needs minor stuff like Mika getting a vorpal bonus.

Attached: file.png (1280x640, 546K)

Not every character gets played regularly so to be good you don't really have to know the ins and outs of everybody.

Just practice with the ones you struggle against the most and eventually you'll find some holes in their gameplan.

No man it was fun.
I look forrward to cl r

>Introducing BLUE Veil Off
Jokes aside, I really hope they don't include burst. I have some faith that FB knows what they're doing.

that one is extra bad, actually.

Attached: CHESTO.jpg (900x1200, 146K)

>tfw no active anime fighter on eu pc

tekken matchmaking has ruined me

Oh, I know. I like Woolie's content, actually. I haven't really watched much of it since SBFP ended but I like it nonetheless. However, when I came across that video, I was astonished by how shit it was considering it was about my favorite game ever and featured Kage The Warrior. I haven't watched any of his other ones though.

>her

nothing wrong with that video

You know when a joke has run its course when fucking Blazblue spic on YT makes them

Isn't Guilty Gear somewhat active on PC in EU due to the games taking too long to release here?
I don't play GG, just stuff I've heard a few times.

I haven't checked out any of those videos yet but there's a few games in the playlist I'd be interested in seeing. What's so bad about the Smash one?

>matchmaking
found your problem, next you're going to tell me you play ranked too

>tfw no active anime fighter on eu pc
as if they're active anywhere

There's generally only 5-10 moves you have to care about from your opponents
Given that people manage to play dota despite having dota-player level IQs and they all have 4+ moves and varying item builds and there's like a hundred of those fuckers I think you can manage it

Discord fighters are so fucking gay.

only Tekken has a "you must memorize this many strings to qualify to play the game" requirement, just play anything else

Then stick to Street Fighter and Tekken.

>tfw have old man reactions
I won't give up but reacting to hit confirms, counters, overheads, run up throws, and all that good stuff is pure suffering

Attached: 1525745266711.jpg (480x910, 39K)

Being in EU must gay too

there's a tier between discord fighter and matchmaking retardation, it's a lobby fighter like GG

>anything that requires hard work and dedication is autism
I hate this meme.

this is only really true for tekken

Soulcalibur also has loads of moves but the learning curve isn't really steep.

His entire shtick is analyzing fighting game mechanics and smash doesn't have a lot of mechanics that can't be explained in a second and can't be used in more ways than one. So it's just him playing poorly for waaay to long.

How do I gitgud at blocking in regards to predicting mixups and crossups

Don't you know, user?
>Anyone worse than me is a whiny retard who needs to git gud
>Anyone better than me is an autist who needs a life

Mixups are by definition guesses, what you get good at is not getting put in a situation where you have to guess. Better games might have options that beat specific mixups, in which case the mixup becomes "do I go for the mixup or bait the option that beats the mixup".

I pray for the day a good anime fighter isn't so dead that it has to rely on third party app to find matches.

Most people that think they have slow reaction speeds actually don't, they're just slower building the reflexive responses to things.
Most moves that you're supposed to react to, things like standing overheads etc, will have around 20 frames of startup, which is 333ms.

I generally think of myself as having pretty slow reactions, and am currently on a laggy old tv that is adding an unknown amount of delay and I still easily come in under that. The difficulty is in building the correct responses as an automatic reaction rather than having to think about them, and that just comes from experience.
You can help yourself along by training to recognize the specific thing you're having trouble with in training mode, usually. If you're having trouble blocking an overhead during a blockstring, record the dummy doing a few different blockstrings that look the same and then either doing the overhead or a low or runup throw etc and practice responding appropriately instead of guessing, working on reacting to the earliest recognizable frames of the move instead of some point halfway through when it gets obvious but leaves you less time to react.

Attached: file.png (828x353, 14K)

What about reacting to unpredictable/unexpected things in a game with a lot of freedom?

It's generally not unpredictable.
The whole point in making it hard to react to was because they conditioned you to think one way.

Mostly just comes down to having enough experience to know that it's possible, and having a good read on the player to expect that it's coming. Sometimes you'll be wrong, but a fighting game where there's no risk at all of being opened up while holding downback would be pretty dull.

>"lobby is up [lobbydetails]"
>*accept matches*
>*play*
>"ggs lobby is closed"
>repeat

Woooooow that was so gay

Fighting games are mostly about anticipating than reacting. You throw out a throwbreak because you feel like your opponent is gonna throw, not because you saw the throw animation startup.

If you can't hit confirm then you're fucked though. Try going for more obvious/longer ones instead.

pick a character with an invincible reversal and dab on em

I probably missed this poster but Tekken isn't a bad game but it is without a doubt the most knowledge intensive game and you will reach a point where you just have to know strings and framedata because it is a game where you can EASILY be cheesed out if a player works out you don't know what a string does, or that something is punishable or whatever. It's not a game where fundamentals will carry you past bad matchup knowledge. You will never survive against a good player if you don't know their character well, even if you are in reality a better player than them otherwise.

>games anyone
>....
>.....
>close game no one wants to play
>45 minutes later get notification
>hey man, you still looking for games?
>i'm now doing something else
very gay indeed

Alex by far. As I've grown older I started playing more grappler characters, namely ones that use their moves to bridges gaps between me and the opponent.

Attached: 1459018323632.jpg (624x736, 102K)

She is no way as hard as people make her out to be. If it's your first fighting game you are going to struggle a lot though.

You just gotta build a bit of muscle memory.

because 214B is his best ender period

This only applies to Tekken.

Reminder to anyone in this thread: UNICLR is coming out soon so you might want to wait for that to come out. If you're a PC player, maybe you can pick up UNIST.

Yeah I get that as a valid complaint. I thought you were one of the people complaining about having to use discord because you'd be immediately accosted by gay RPing twink traps.

I started basically learning fighting games with Yuzu and I turned out fine.

Attached: 1521903943364.png (602x850, 833K)

>mfw I just bought UNIST 2 weeks ago

Attached: 1494143880595.png (500x441, 111K)

Tekken isnt a good game for beginners because a lot of answers to situations are "you just have to know" deals. There's no BnB punish you can just go to because if the frames weren't right, you get launched. As a matter of fact, a lot of stuff get's you launched in Tekken, it's just more high risk than other games.

Attached: file.png (1034x785, 221K)

If it was on PC you'll still get a couple more years out of it

We have no idea when this is coming out. For all we know it comes out in 6 months, which would still give it plenty of time to be at EVO next year.

What's wrong with playing the current version until then? Even if PC doesn't get it first, that's at least a few months of playtime before the game for real dies on PC since people don't want to play the non standard version anymore.

It's a large chunk of money for a game that will soon be replaced. Unless if it goes on sale.

What if PS4?

Welcome to fighting games

Attached: undernight.png (817x559, 284K)

Between UNIST, Guilty Gear and Blazblue which is the best anime fighter for a total beginner? Or a fourth option is fine too but the flashiness and character designs of those appeal to me the most.

>large chunk of money
Literally 16 bucks on G2A right now and was on sale for 15 doll hairs on PSN last week. For that price, a few months worth of play, at worst, is a good ass price.

Name a better 2d game to learn spacing and footsies. I'll wait

I know it goes on sale on console quite often. Usually around $20 give or take, with physical at one point having a sale at GS for a similar price. No idea about PC since I didn't want to double dip.

bro I hope you got it cheap
You still probably have a while though

how do I Seth as a complete beginner

>UNICLR is coming out soon so you might want to wait for that to come out.
>He actually believes this
It won't be coming to consoles until after it's been on the arcades for a few years, per French Bread tradition.

>not on PC

what the fuck?

It was like 20 leafbucks so it's not a big deal I guess.

>microdashes
What makes a microdash particularly difficult when UNIST just lets you macro

Seems par for the course with some devs. Gonna have to mooch off of my buddy and his PS4 when samsho comes around.

Welcome to ArcSys publishing. BlazBlue delayed a game for like a year onto PC I think.

I guess there's a chance that it is coming out at the same time since iirc PC doesn't have to use ESRB and the like

I just got Unist maybe a week ago on steam, and it's my first anime fighter although I've played Tekken and soul calibur for a while. It doesn't seem too bad to learn honestly.
However, if the rumors are true and the new version isn't even coming to PC for months after the console release, I'd get GG. Had I known a week ago a new version would drop and PC get cucked for months or even longer without the new version, I'd have easily gotten GG instead.

Fuck, even with the EVO hype, GG still has more players than all the other anime games except DBFZ.

Other than they promised content to western fans "soon"

You don't need to be rated on a ratings board otherwise.

ST so jump ins are actually viable

Ignore all advanced mechanics at first and
1) learn how to punish really big screwups that mashers will make
2) learn how to anti air people who just want to jump in all day
3) block and react to what they mess up
this will cut down on 90% of the headaches you'll have as a brand new player to any fighting game. You'll still get killed by people who know what they're doing but at least you won't be losing to complete retards. From there you can learn how to play neutral and offense and how to play actual defense.

UNIST. It's more accesible and has a great tutorial. Characters are not half as flashy and weird as in GG or BB tho. GG is honestly among the hardest games to learn to play ever. There are shitloads of base mechanics, it requires tight ass execution and each character is basically playing a different game (which is cool imo). Blazblue has similar appeals to GG but is easier to get into.

PC always comes later for some reason.

Athena Asamiya is my waifu for laifu. I use her in every KOF game. Her moveset feels so natural to me now, she's the coolest and the cutest, and also Kensou is a faggot and can fuck off.

Attached: Athena_asamiya_97.jpg (600x800, 114K)

Do we have any idea about IceMan's kit or just that he's guaranteed to be in?

Attached: 1557560135410.jpg (454x407, 45K)

Number 3 should be number 1 in importance. I can't count the number of times I've gone through the baby ranks in fighting games and won despite knowing literally nothing in the game by just blocking until my opponent spazzed out and did something stupid.

>execution
What is the difficulty in execution in GG? Is it the movement like it is in Tekken or the combos themselves have links and shit you have to nail down?

It's the japnigger business model.
>release game on ps4 + anything else
>time passes price drops
>time to bust out plan B
>rerelease it on PC, absolute shit port but it's pretty much full price again
>the goyim fall for it again
People eat it up every time too.

Attached: 1543462788900.png (426x632, 188K)

He uses a staff and probably freezes you. He'll probably be similar to carmine with his pools of blood.

Staffs are dumb. Dropped.

>GG is honestly among the hardest games to learn to play ever.
Xrd isn't that hard to play at a level of basic competence, and the improvements that lead into the harder stuff can mostly come naturally from that point on as you play.

People just know he's in because of his portraits and other assets being in UNIST, so I doubt anything about his kit is known. The closest you could come to surmising something is from him originally being Orie, but even putting aside the obvious reasoning for why he wouldn't play just like Orie, he doesn't even have a sword as a weapon anymore so he's probably not going to play how they originally intended for him to play.

The list is in chronological order. The first two are the easiest ones in that you can literally look them up online and practice a simple punish combo in training mode (i.e. fierce->fierce shoryu) while blocking correctly requires actually playing against people. It's what you should focus on in an actual match for sure, but you'll also need to punish.

Always wondered, do fighting game players mind the Season Pass + eventual new version with that season bundled, or prefer the tried and true standard of just creating new iterations of the same entry?

I'm sure FB will figure out how to make a staff cool as ice.

Why would anyone prefer characters being sold to them for the full price instead of as five dollar DLC?

It's not like it's a new game.

It's not really that high execution and there's not much in the way of links either. Some combos can be pretty high execution, and if you play Chipp you have to come to grips with Jump Installs which are pretty tough, even though they're easier in Xrd than they were in the past, but in general it's not that tough.

reminder defending does not always mean just blocking. Backdash, jumping, interrupting (mash), throw, super etc. Even moves that arent made for a certain thing might have a niche use

Fuck Ice twink, give me Gun Nun.

Basic movement isn't too bad, but combo execution is tough. It also has pretty unforgiving timings in areas such as wake up reversals, aerial recovery, throw breaks and such.

From my experience with introducing friends to fighting games, GG is the one that seems almost impossible to them. From the very get go, it's really obvious how little of the mechanics you're utilizing, and it takes a while to get to level where you're playing with intentionality.

Attached: file.png (268x288, 89K)

Thanks for the info. I'm leaning toward UNIST but I play on ps4, any idea when the new version would come out? If it's at least 6 months then I wouldn't mind going ahead and getting the current version.

>and it takes a while to get to level where you're playing with intentionality
That's the first step in any fighting game ever, some fighting games might let you get away with being brainless for longer but if you've ever gotten good at a single one you will (hopefully) have intention behind your every move in every other fighting game as well.

>enkidu's flavor text
Wait a minute
Is he ACTUALLY Enkidu? The genuine article?

Probably not anytime soon, if they're first annoucning it to the public at EVO which is pretty likely.