Hear for so many years about how awful this game is

>hear for so many years about how awful this game is
>play it
>it's not
Yeah the game is linear and there's a lot of x-mashing in combat, but so are literally all the other final fantasy games. At least with this one you have to somewhat pay attention to every battle with the paradigm shift system. It wasn't worse than FF2 and CERTAINLY wasn't worse than FF12.

Attached: ff13-xiii-wallpaper-lightning.jpg (1920x1200, 979K)

Its that there is little else to do besides fight and it takes forever to let you fully customize your party. Even she the game opens up and gives you quest on Pulse all you're going is going to fight a monster. Played it and enjoyed it but I'm never picking it up again.

Nigga the one when you unlock outfits and abilities was fun as fuck my nigga what was the name of that one? That shit was fun as fuck my nigga gang gang gang gang GANG!!!!

Every time I replayed a FF, it was basically a complete disappointment

Never played 13 but I played 10 and noticed that all the major complaints about 13 were in 10 as well.
I don't think final fantasy is very good in general to be honest but I've yet to try the older ones.

Yeah 13 is very similar to 10, it's a linear path and you don't get to a field-like area (which people think counts as the game opening up) until the beginning of the final act of the game. Also while there are no towns or anything in 13, there wasn't much in 10 either and there was basically nothing to do in them
I honestly loved final fantasies 5-8 but JRPGs in general just aren't for everyone

I fucking love SMT, Xenoblade and Dragon Quest but I just can't get into FF. I played 7 up until a point shortly after you get the airship and then dropped it years ago and I can't even remember much about it or why I even dropped it in the first place, it's weird.

X being linear was okay since the game was written in a way that you actually cared about most or at least some of the characters. Yeah yeah Tidus hahahaha scene blah blah. Good character arcs and the overall theme of the story was nice. I actually wanted to save spira.

As for 13
>muh sarah
>SARAH!
>sarah sarah sarah
>...sarah
>s-sarah?
>Sarah.

Fucking gay.

But Yuna is just as bad (actually worse) than Sarah and Vanille in FFXIII. Final Fantasy as a whole really sucks at love stories and compelling female characters, despite putting so much focus on story.

X had actual worldbuilding (that wasn't confined to datalogs), the pilgrimage was a way better justification than "let's just run away", and there were distractions like the optional summoner fights, blitzball, and NPCs. In XIII it's cutscene -> walk through pretty environment -> combat -> repeat. X is far from perfect but XIII took its flaws and doubled down on them.

No shes not. Not even going to explain why because youre clearly a pleb.

Don't talk trash about XII kiddo I'll fuck your shit up.

I had somewhat of the same experience. I got the game free on Steam so I said "might as well try it." Not a big fan of Final Fantasy to begin with.

What I found was the first half the game was absolutely terrible. So much melodrama over events with no build up and characters seething over things that aren't explained. Typical Final Fantasy fare. Then around chapter 7, suddenly they started actually explaining things. And I got interested in the world and characters (except Vanille who sucks the whole game).

The game basically feels like an inverse Final Fantasy game. Most FF games start out with a great premise and characters, then falls apart halfway through with bad plot twists that invalidate everything that came before. This game did the opposite. Kept beating around the bush and throwing twists at you, then actually explained them in the second half the game.

No, it's not a good game. But it was satisfying just to play something that goes against the formula of Final Fantasy. And some of the characters were good. Hell, I even liked Lightning. No idea why people hate her so much. Though I didn't play FFXIII-2 or Lightning Returns, so maybe people hate her in those games. I also played it with Japanese voices, so maybe they hate her voice?

Attached: 1546546641137.jpg (500x653, 70K)

>Not even going to explain why because youre clearly a pleb.
Oh the irony.

FF13 was a good game and had an amazing soundtrack.
It's just that being an incredibly long series, it suffers from nostalgia fags.

Attached: 8cac4951df4c19fc993e0dbca14e9f86.jpg (716x596, 43K)

XII was one of the most boring, mind-numbing games I've ever played. If I didn't play the remaster with 4x fast forward mode I never would've been able to slog through it.

LR is the only game of the trilogy that is somewhat decent. Fights are more action-focused with only one character which fits the battle system much better. Also you can play dress-up with Lightning.

Are you honestly telling me you wouldnt lick Yunas asshole while recording it in a sphere so you can fap to it forever? Fucking absolute faggot.

Don't @ me you pleb.

Aside from not being attracted to the Nadeshico type of girls, I also hate her personality. So yes, I wouldn't fuck her. Thankfully, there's tons of other girls to choose from.

I will, because I simply can't respect anyone who enjoyed a piece of shit like FFXII

lmao actually replied to that obvious retardation

This was probably zoomie's first final fantasy game, so I imagine there will be some nu-nostalgia over it.