Are AAA RPGs really dead? Why does it feel like we've been waiting years for a good RPG to come out?

Are AAA RPGs really dead? Why does it feel like we've been waiting years for a good RPG to come out?

I miss Deus Ex

Attached: 02773955616129.598bb6762d1ac.jpg (1920x1020, 425K)

NEW GAME BAD

well at least we now have Cyberpunk 2077 AND VTMB2 to look forward to.

>actually looking forward to Cyberpunk 2077 after its disastrous E3 showing

We'll probably get a new Deus Ex sooner or later, probably way later.

Attached: Eliza Live.gif (500x281, 1.7M)

Was the last Deus Ex game that bad? Felt like it killed all interest in the franchise

Fuck off, orc, sun is great.

Attached: orc.png (383x402, 240K)

No, it was just an unfinished game that felt like a cash grab.

Attached: a59ffc55616129.598bb6762ad49.jpg (1920x1080, 430K)

I love the look these games have

Attached: 1472600117137.jpg (1980x1700, 1.22M)

it was great, you can drop you contrarianism any time

It was great, but felt like half of a game because squeenix wanted to make it a trilogy

I enjoyed it a lot. It was one of those rare cases of undeserved shitcanning.

I played it and thought it was fine, not as good as the last one. Not sure why it got so much hate here.

The game itself is pretty damn great. Marketing and horrible microtransactions ruined it before it even came out.

>If I lie through my teeth enough, it will become true
Next you'll say that everyone calling you out for being a fucking retard is a CDPR shill

They dead. Only open world gta collect simulators and lootbox shooters are allowed AAA budgets.

It was BORING. Story was utter trash, nothing get you hooked, nothing gets resolved, nothing happens

It was a great 1/3 of a game

I miss you, Eliza.

Microtransactions didn't affect the balance, i never once felt the needed to buy something to progress

ADAM

Attached: tumblr_piwthjIdYt1txjwgeo3_1280.jpg (831x1169, 358K)

Orange?

Yes, I love the pissfilter

based
cringe

Attached: sun.jpg (835x470, 29K)

Ohrange indeed

No, Savage

dq11 is less than a year old, user

Mankind Divided is an underappreciated masterpiece.

Main gamplay loop is good, plot is bad. It's flawed user, it can't be a masterpiece

Your turn.

Hopefully 2077 will be good enough that people stop playing all non rpg games

Masterpiece, like many other words in this day and age, has become a buzzword bereft of its original meaning. Now it just means "I like this thing quite a lot".

Explain how the plot is bad

desperate

Attached: DkLgjpNb_400x400.jpg (400x400, 17K)

jrpgs aren't rpgs

Why brainlet? Because they are made in Japan?

Makes me sad that even if we get another Eidos Montreal DE, art probably won’t be as good because JJB left.

because nobody bought deus ex thanks to memetubers like angry jojo

Deus ex, fallout and TES are not rogs, they are simulations, with stats as an afterthought.

No, because they aren't. They are cutscenes with RPG elements and an extremely linear gameplay loop.

Ends with a cliffhanger so it's automatically bad, main "villain" motivation is retarded, i almost forgot any plot points (speaks how forgettable it was).
They had good secondary quests, like the serial killer one, but that's it

There was another one? The 2018 one stole the show.

How do I get MD to not run like ass? Biggest performance hogs for least effect?

>IT GTA

It was running like shit and crashing all the time on 7, run much smoother on windows 10. DX12 is a meme though, does not improve performance for this game.

That doesn't change that together with the terrible marketing strategy and pre-order bullshit, a whole lot of people had written the game off long before it actually released.

Don't use DX12. Espeically not if you have meme-nvidia gpu.

yup

That mention about cutscenes is something, coming from someone who likes modern western games...
Post of an example of JRPG game like that.

Any final fantasy game.