Game ends with the lifestream saving the planet from meteor

>Game ends with the lifestream saving the planet from meteor
>final shot ends on Aeriths face before the credits
Thats IT? The remake better elaborate on this shit.

Attached: aerith.jpg (711x323, 27K)

Other urls found in this thread:

destructoid.com/final-fantasy-7-aeris-ressurection-theory-27125.phtml
youtube.com/watch?v=J2xn6b_6JXM
finalfantasy.fandom.com/wiki/Cloud_Strife
youtube.com/watch?v=tmo4MwSfVgE
youtube.com/watch?v=p3VQc788AO0
youtube.com/watch?v=hjS689rvbOw
youtu.be/wCNTxucm4RU?t=124
chan.sankakucomplex.com/post/show/5951733
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>UNGA BUNGA SPOONFEED
They probably will, sadly.

One of the good things about the game was that it didn't need to say shit at the end. Honestly, even showing Aerith's face was unnecessary.

The game beginning and ending with Aerith’s face was the most kino part of it. Fuck off.

It's the same shot of Aeris in the beginning of the game. It means everything was a part of her plan, and it was set in motion the moment you start the game.

Attached: Healing_Touch.png (716x600, 464K)

Aerith is NOT FOR LEWD. DELETE THIS.

Aeris is stupid anyways. She only exists to be killed plot-wise because Holy does fuck all. You could have taken her and all of her subplots right out of the story and it wouldn't change a lick.

Fuck you, this game has really shown its age and needs to be remade. I hate some of the cringy dialogue and jarring cuts to battles.

People revisiting and revising and clarifying the original script is how we ended up with stupid bullshit like "Sephiroth controls Jenova" despite the whole idea spinning off from the Xenogears pitch for 7 where the Id/Ego/Superego are parts of a whole and "Vincent was a cuck" when the art direction and writing paint a clear picture of what happened.

I wanna deflower her

Well to be fair, they wanted to put a sub quest to get aeris back from the start. It got scrapped for reason unknown

?
She's a canon slut.

Gonna have to ask for a source on that senpai

It was a callback to the intro sequence, and a reminder that she lived on and helped the party as part of the lifestream. it was literally the perfect ending to the game. Nothing else was needed. Of all the final fantasy games that could have used an expanded universe, I have no idea why they chose ff7 because it was the least necessary.

>What we'll probably get

>Epilogue sequence with aeris and zack in heaven
>cloud returns to zacks grave
>all of the shitty expanded universe characters show up
>sephiroth reveals he's not dead

Developers sometimes need to learn when to leave shit well enough alone. it's hard.

Attached: tifa2.jpg (292x576, 16K)

It didn't need to, but it was a nice bookend, IMO.

this

Completion
The plot of Final Fantasy 7 doesn't have to be finished. With the ending of the story is very much possible. But how?

FINAL FANTASY 7's story isn't meant to have the characters fight like in previous games. So when you're in this area and the boss is a Chocobo, you can walk around freely and still keep your party in place. This is more or less similar to how Final Fantasy 2 ends... but for two reasons:

-In FF2 you are basically forced to use your party in every battle. This is great because you get to play around with your abilities in battle without worrying about the others. However, FF7 takes a little back and forth in how the player approaches these battles.

You see, the boss fight in FF7 is actually a really cool piece of writing, with really clever puzzles. The boss fight in FF2 was just a boring boring boss fight.

Attached: 1524248149634.png (600x490, 251K)

That's the only plot point that is never really properly translated well. I remember playing ff7 for the first time at about age 20, I couldn't work out the whole jenova/sephiroth relationship. I thought i was fighting sephiroth, then somebody tells me i was fighting jenova the whole time, controlled by sephiroth. I wouldn't mind if they made that shit a bit more straight forward.

>>Epilogue sequence with aeris and zack in heaven
Zack's technically a tree. Aeris can summon up his memories to sort of temporarily reform his consciousness, but outside of those specific circumstances, he's one with the planet.

>Sephiroth controls Jenova.
>"bullshit"
Fucking retarded Jenova's Witnesses, please fuck off.

destructoid.com/final-fantasy-7-aeris-ressurection-theory-27125.phtml
Just a theory as old as the game itself, but at end there are no elements that completely prove or disprove anything.
If you asked me they originally wanted you to save her, but then square changed its plan

>"Sephiroth controls Jenova"
That's literally the case though, according to the Ultimania books.

And, y'know, the game itself.

Me too.

LOL

See, this sort of shit is just going too in-depth. Zack was barely a minor character in ff7, he was hinted at here and there and if you don't investigate the optional sidequests in shinra mansion you wouldn't even pick up on his role.

Can I keep the dress after the mansion?
That's all I want to know.

>"People revisiting and revising and clarifying the original script is how we ended up with stupid bullshit like—"
>*inserts crazy fan theory*

It stays in your inventory as a key item for the entire game.

You expect me to connect that the intro that shows her face from a 50+ hour game is symbolic to the ending for the game about a character who shows up for a little while only to get killed early on and understand what the fuck all of that means?

The entire compilation was going "too in-depth." I give Advent Children a bit of lee-way in that regard since it does nothing to inform the events of the original title, but even it was a bit much.

I want to wear it user.
Throughout the whole game.

Not true, she was never coming back.

Advent Children started with them wanting to do a fully cg fight scene between Cloud and Sephiroth and they worked backwards from there. And it shows in its overall quality.

Didn’t Advent Children literally explain all of this shit within the first 10 minutes of the movie?

FF VII's ending is fine the way it was

Holy killed all of humanity, people think somehow children laughing means humanity was still alive not realizing it was Red XIII's kids laughing.

ELABORATE ON WHAT DIPSHIT THE GAMES EXPLAINED IT

SHE'S AN ANCIENT (CETRA) AND THEIR PEOPLE USED THE LIFESTREAM

WHEN SHE DIED SHE BECAME PART OF THE LIFE STREAM

WOW SYMBOLISM HARD DUUHHH

same thing with minfilia in 14, shes jsut part of hte lifestream

AC was pointless because nothing happens in it. An hour and some change, and all that happens is a rematch between Cloud and Sephiroth and cloud gets a cellphone.
If you want to bring Sephiroth back, great. Do it in a way that makes it meaningful instead of orchestrating a pointless story.

It is a metaphor for the few remaining Native Americans taking control of the planet after the Europeans were wiped out.

can you use crayons pls

>all of the shitty expanded universe characters show up
Oh fuck, that's true

Narratively speaking, the logical end point for Sephiroth is when Cloud cleanses him from his mind. We're don't need to ever see him, or Cloud, or anyone else again after that.

>If you asked me they originally wanted you to save her, but then square changed its plan
This. I will bet you 100 bucks that the remake will let you save her or bring her back

>The remake better elaborate on this shit.
That will only make things worse, since FF7's story doesn't make a lick of sense to begin with.

I'm going to use CLoud as an example, since his entire personality revolves around a shitty M. Night Shyamalan-esque plot twist.

For starters, before the twist is revealed, Cloud doesn't show any indication he is suffering (aside from some vague hints that the story glosses over), so the end result is that he goes from being a taciturn hero who has internalized someone else's memories as his own without realizing it to...a taciturn hero who outwardly appears the same, but apparently has resolved all those deep-seated issues, no really, believe me.

Furthermore, what is even the point of the whole Nibelheim incident? Cloud goes from being a heroic person (which he clearly is, judging by the flashbacks where he rescues Tifa twice and defeats Sephiroth) who failed to qualify for the elite squad of the evil cyberpunk regime (i.e. not a group you'd want to join) to assuming the memories of...Zack, another heroic person who did qualify for the elite squad of the evil cyberpunk regime. As far as catalysts for mental breakdowns go, this comes across as very pedestrian in the grand scheme of things. It's like the writers wanted to have a plot twist and an identity crisis, but couldn't think of any compelling material for such a storyline.

There's ine way in which they could improve upon FF7's writing: the dialogue. Everyone in FVII communicates in very basic English sentences. Despite being a group of misfits, some of which aren't even human, all of the characters have very nondistinct and same-y styles of speech. Since there's also a weird lack of voice acting (not even grunting noises for taking damage), characters don't feel like particularly distinct individuals.

Attached: 1554540706019.gif (514x601, 395K)

I hope they finally address the plot holes surrounding her death.

Attached: 183813281.jpg (2000x1548, 803K)

Damn Final Fantasy VII ended like THAT?

>Cloud doesn't show any indication he is suffering
It's shown that there's something wrong with Cloud within the first 10 minutes of the game, kek.
Virtually everything in your post is hilariously misinformed.
Have you even played FFVII?

That's exactly what the Omnislash fight at the end does as far as the original game is concerned.

Go play Xenogears, dipshit.
>The Ultimania books
Yes, revision beyond the actual narrative of the game in an attempt to "explain" it and get some shekels out of dumbasses.
>The game itself
Is incredibly vague on purpose, as a holdover from the earlier versions of the plot written by other people.

>It's shown that there's something wrong with Cloud within the first 10 minutes of the game, kek.
He has blackouts, sure, but that's not what I'm referring to. I'm talking about his PERSONALITY.

There is very little change in his overall attitude when he finally reconciles his split Zack persona. As I said, he goes from being a taciturn hero who has internalized someone else's memories as his own without realizing it to...a taciturn hero who outwardly appears the same, but apparently has resolved all those deep-seated issues, no really, believe me.

And the whole arc was pointless to begin with. Cloud was already a heroic person. Him assuming Zack's persona would have been compelling if he had an actual reason to do it, like if he was a coward who got people killed.

Attached: 12388128123.jpg (201x201, 5K)

>It's shown that there's something wrong with Cloud within the first 10 minutes of the game, kek.
Oh yea, the static and flashes the game uses along with double text really got across the fact that something was wrong with Cloud. Surely, it wasn't a poor attempt that made many a player confused and straight up ignore it until the reveal when it finally made sense.

>dies and become part of the lifestream
>lifestream stops meteor
WOOOOOOW

That's the moment I was referring to.

fake, untrue, gay & homosexual

>play some other unrelated shit that corroborates my fanfic
No you stupid fuck.

How can lifestream stop a meteor? That doesn't make any sense

I thought you were defending the AC fight for this reason.

He clearly experiences pain and frequently collapses to the floor. I guess you wouldn't be able to understand that means something is wrong with him since you're a retard.
Also Tifa and Aeris both realize that something is wrong with him and make allusions to it several times.

It's magic nigga.

>Unrelated
>Game that was built off of the original draft for 7, which 7 itself references, and which has a direct analogue to the Sephiroth/Jenova situation.
>Taking what the game conveys to you and acknowledging what a prior draft has to say about it = wild crazy fanfic, but listening to square's post-release ramblings (which include "SEPHIROTH ACTUALLY HAD TWO OTHER ANGEL FRIENDS WHO WERE THE BADDEST ASSES EVER AND THERE WAS A BIG ANIME UNDERGROUND MILITARY INSTALLATION NOBODY EVER MENTIONED AND ZACK ACTUALLY GOT HIS ICONIC SWORD FROM HIS OWN ZACK LIKE FIGURE AND HE WAS A SUPER DUPER MEGA BADASS WHO KILLED A WHOLE ARMY OF SOLDIERS") is perfectly reasonable and an accurate portrayal of the original intent.
Ok.

>For starters, before the twist is revealed, Cloud doesn't show any indication he is suffering (aside from some vague hints that the story glosses over)
This is such bullshit that it's something only a retarded 10-year-old with down syndrome would say. There is plenty indication that he's not all there. Even my dumb self when playing as a kid many years ago got the feeling that he wasn't all there.

>There are niggas who don't catch the Father, Son and Holy Ghost thing that's right fucking there in the game and buy into Square's post release Sephiroth circle jerk.
I bet you think Cloud is emo too.

Cloud was not a heroic person.
He was a SOLDIER drop-out and was too afraid to face his family and friends when he got back home. If that doesn't speak of mental issues then you're dense.
He didn't "save" anyone. Zack and Sephiroth fought, and then he threw wounded Sephiroth over a railing in a fit of rage after realizing his mother had just been murdered.
And then he became a fucked up science experiment for years.
In fact the story would be unrealistic if he DIDN'T have giant mental issues at that point.

>Cloud was heroic all along

No shit you fucking retarded. Stop showing up in these threads like you have some incredible analytical criticism of the game's central themes. Cloud suffered from issues of self-esteem and ostracization in his youth which sabotaged his actual quality at key moments in his life (failing to get into SOLDIER) and also with his interpersonal relationships (no friends, always getting into fights. Bullies have the same self esteem issues.) This was his central flaw that he does not come to terms with until after Tifa helps him in Lifestream to see that he never needed to pretend to be someone else when he was already great all along.

Basically you're a dumbfuck and you need to play the game.

He became heroic after the fact. Before becoming non-Zack he was a little shit who only ever did one good thing in his whole life (Sephiroth seesaw).

>He didn't "save" anyone.

youtube.com/watch?v=J2xn6b_6JXM

Attached: 1544822059287.gif (320x228, 1.78M)

Cloud did not have "Zack's persona" for FUCK'S sake.
How many times does this need to be explained over the past twenty years?
Cloud was "Cloud", not Zack. He was a mixture of Zack's history (HISTORY, not PERSONALITY), his own ideal self (who he wanted to be), and Tifa's expectations (who Tifa thought Cloud would be when they met again).
All Zack added was information to fill out "Cloud"'s broken history. Nothing about his personality was used. Just details like SOLDIER 1st Class, master of the buster sword, fights monsters.

Literally everyone there is either dead or critically injured. Who did he save?

This.

Crisis Core made Zack into peppier Cloud, so people are understandably confused.

>Cloud did not have "Zack's persona" for FUCK'S sake.

finalfantasy.fandom.com/wiki/Cloud_Strife

>Cloud undergoes a transformation due to the combined trauma caused by the Nibelheim incident, his Mako poisoning, and witnessing Zack's death. Cloud impresses Zack's memories and fighting abilities into his own, along with Tifa's memories of him and his own ideal image of himself as a SOLDIER, creating a new set of memories with an accompanying persona. What emerges in Cloud's mind is a reality in which he joined SOLDIER and was Sephiroth's partner—Zack did not exist—and in most of Cloud's twisted memories he takes Zack's place. Cloud presents himself in Midgar as a former 1st Class SOLDIER, now a mercenary for hire.

Attached: 13761383012.jpg (540x540, 26K)

Cloud IS heroic, just not in the way he imagined himself to be. He was never going to be able to save Nibelheim like a great SOLDIER he thought would be able to and that's what he obsesses over until Tifa points out that he did save her and that counts for A LOT.

Yeah, that agrees with me. Zack's memories, Tifa's expectations and his own ideal self.
Nothing of Zack's personality, just what he did and where.

>Literally everyone there is either dead or critically injured. Who did he save?

The countless other people Sephiroth would have gone on to murder?

What kind of retarded argument is this? By your logic, stopping a serial killer at the end of his murderous rampage isn't heroic because he was done killing for the time.

Attached: 1552492891652.png (800x729, 48K)

Didn't you pay attention? Holy wipes out humanity, everybody dies, and the whole party is okay with it, specially Cloud and Tifa, because they realized what The Promised Land was(Death), and that they were going to meet Aerith in the lifestream after they died. It's a bittersweet ending.

>but muh sequels!

cashgrabs that don't respect the spirit of the original. only brainlets consider them canon

>Yeah, that agrees with me.
No, it agrees with me.

The wiki says:
>Cloud impresses Zack's memories and fighting abilities into his own

I said in an earlier post:
>has internalized someone else's memories as his own without realizing it

What are you arguing against?

Attached: 1548507447455.gif (487x560, 898K)

I would call that BS but the story is so fucking hard to follow and I have witnessed that equal, spinoff thing without respecting the source material that anything goes. You could at least post the end scene that shows the planet some hundreds of years in the future.

Here.
>assuming the memories of...Zack, another heroic person
Why mention that Zack's heroic? Memories don't confer heroism, personality does.
>his split Zack persona
>Him assuming Zack's persona
There was no "Zack persona".

Cloud was "Cloud". A bastard version of himself. Of course he doesn't fucking change much, he was literally just himself masquerading as an amazing successful badass.

>Cloud was not a heroic person.
>He was a SOLDIER drop-out and was too afraid to face his family and friends when he got back home. If that doesn't speak of mental issues then you're dense.

How retarded are you? Dropping out of Soldier, the evil cyberpunk corps, makes Cloud MORE heroic, not less. And how does being insecure make someoen not heroic?

>The countless other people Sephiroth would have gone on to murder?
No one survived Nibelheim

Stop being pedantic. You know I was referring to the part Zack/part Cloud persona when I said 'Zack persona'.

>Of course he doesn't fucking change much,
He had Zack's memories, and convinced himself those were his own memories. That should absolutely change his personality.

Tifa and Zack did. But moreover, Sephiroth wasn't exactly going to stay in Nibelheim.

No, they didn't. His personality was assembled mostly from himself, partly from Tifa.
He didn't even "have Zack's memories", really. That's a fanon creation and the wiki is not specific (likely written by someone who was mistaken). He had Zack's stories, what Zack told him while they were floating in the mako. He didn't live in Zack's head and see out of Zack's eyes.

I meant outside of Nibelheim, you retard.

Are you seriously saying serial killers should be allowed to walk free after they are done with their rampages? Because they would totally never do something like that again, right?

Just admit you made a dumb post and move on.

Attached: 2bg8a5.jpg (1024x576, 121K)

I want her to give me the healing touch.

>citing fan wiki's

And here your argument ended.

It's nice that you all love the game so much that you argue over it's characters passionately.

Attached: 1499639275070.jpg (640x480, 59K)

>Yes, revision beyond the actual narrative of the game in an attempt to "explain" it and get some shekels out of dumbasses.
That's not how ultimanias work dumbass

Not humanity. Midgard and mako energy for sure though. If humanity managed to survive without it that´s just something else entirely. I think the point of showing Nanaki with kids and all was that the world was still there many years later.

>citing fan wiki's

As opposed to what? Some random person posting on Yea Forums? Because that's totally a credible source.

No you cite mat pat

For me, the point of that scene was to show that manking was gone. I can't see how it would mean anything else.

Imagine playing the game, not playing attention to what it clearly tells you, and then complaining about the game being vague.

Hojo tells you that Sephiroth's will overrode and bent Jenovah to him. Furthermore, it makes sense narratively that the main antagonist you're struggling against is the one who the game had spent so much time showing has personal animus with the protagonist.

>No, they didn't.
Then what the whole point if that arc, if it didn't meaningfully change Cloud's personality?

As I pointed out, that entire story arc is essentially pointless. What is even the point of the whole Nibelheim incident? Cloud goes from being a heroic person (which he clearly is, judging by the flashbacks where he rescues Tifa twice and defeats Sephiroth) who failed to qualify for the elite squad of the evil cyberpunk regime (i.e. not a group you'd want to join) to assuming the memories of...Zack, another heroic person who did qualify for the elite squad of the evil cyberpunk regime. As far as catalysts for mental breakdowns go, this comes across as very pedestrian in the grand scheme of things. It's like the writers wanted to have a plot twist and an identity crisis, but couldn't think of any compelling material for such a storyline.

If you wanna bitch about shit in FFVII

Bitch about the ruins of old Corel somehow moving miles away to the desert and having a amusement park built over top of it.
Bitch about Rufus needing the Tiny Bronco, despite having the worlds only functioning airship (and helicopters) at his disposal.
Bitch about that stupid Cait Sith death sequence.

But don't bitch about easily the best part of VII outside of Midgar. The Cloud stuff (false memories, true memories, twist, etc.) was all really well done.

Haha. "Flower girl". I get it now...

Didn't they kill her off in the first place because the mother of one of the devs unexpectantly died? I doubt they'd plan to bring her back if she's supposed to represent the unfairness of death.

Sakaguchi's mom died, but apparently it was Nomura who suggested they kill Aerith.

>if someone made a whole page dedicated to a particular topic, it must be true!

Brainlet-tier logic and fallacious appeals, user. All that matters is what the game says and the game says Cloud cobbled together a persona that drew strategically from different sources to maintain his shared ego. Cloud adopts Zack's memories and role during the Nibelheim incident because he was a lowly grunt during that while episode and is a devastating sore spot for him. Everywhere else he is projecting his childhood ideals of what a heroic member of SOLDIER would be like. The game says all this you're just too married to the idea that you have one up on the story to realize it.

The point of the arc is to question Cloud's existence, for fuck's sake. The contradictions in his story, the gaps in his memories, the parts of the game where he just holds his head while seizing out and static noises play, constant hints that Aerith knows something is wrong with him, it's all supposed to make you wonder if Sephiroth is telling the truth and that Cloud is just a Jenova puppet with no self.
Of course this entire FUCKING plot arc is constantly forgotten because we all played it as children and couldn't grasp that nuance and by the time you get the story once you know Cloud was real the whole time and nobody ever respects the fact that this was a twist the first time around.

The goddamn twist is that yes, he's pretending to be someone else, but the somebody else he's pretending to be is HIMSELF. Because he's real, he's always been real, Jenova just turned Cloud into "Cloud" in a freak fucking coincidence.

Every moment we see Cloud he's your typical hero type. Then the "twist" is that he used to be an unconfident loser.

Except then we see him in flashbacks rescuing Tifa twice. First on a mountain then by fucking killing the primary villain 5 years ago. You know that objective you've been doing the entire game.

So what does it matter he didn't qualify for Soldier? They then reveal he gets the mutations anyway.

It's like revealing that Vader is Luke's father, then reveal he's not Luke's father, before confession actually he is the father. It serves no purpose.

Attached: 1546203453350.gif (332x263, 1.99M)

>No one survived Nibelheim
Cloud, Tifa, Zack and Zangan at the very least

>The point of the arc is to question Cloud's existence, for fuck's sake. The contradictions in his story, the gaps in his memories, the parts of the game where he just holds his head while seizing out and static noises play, constant hints that Aerith knows something is wrong with him, it's all supposed to make you wonder
Listen to yourself. You're literally saying the point of the arc is to reveal the twist and explain all the clues left behind that point at the twist.

Yeah, no shit. That's precisely the issue: there is no substance behind it, it's a twist for twist's sake.

Why is this such a difficult concept for you to grasp?

>fandom

Attached: 1557488734848.jpg (540x394, 54K)

I mean, the fact that Jenova is the second to last boss says everything.
Jenova lands, infects, assimilates and moves on. Sephiroth's plan to attain godhood did not make mention of assimilating anything. He had a totally separate goal.
I mean, Cloud even undergoes the same Jenova experiment as all the other test subjects, and after the same Lifestream bath that Sephiroth took, he managed to completely overpower Jenova's hold on him. So there's even precedent for it happening with a completely different character.

That's how a mystery fucking works you utter goddamn troglodyte. The point of the mystery is to resolve the mystery.

You need to realize, despite your low IQ, that Cloud's arc is not about him going from zero to hero but about him accepting himself for who he is because that's pretty great enough and to stop comparing himself to others as a manifestation of his insecurities.

>not realizing it was Red XIII's kids laughing.
It's the Planet not them. We hear it screaming in pain during the game and Cid calls it a kid.

>That's how a mystery fucking works you utter goddamn troglodyte.
No, the entire point of a mystery is that payoff should be meaningful and worth investigating that mystery in the first place.

The 'payoff' for the Cloud mystery is pointless, since he was already a heroic prson to begin with, so they botched it completely.

This is a major issue that plagues anime: convoluted plotting that serves no purpose other than give the story the illusion of having depth and layers.

Jenovah is a plot device for the Sephiroth character to go from a local, personal menace to the protagonist to a world-ending threat. This way you can have two separate plot points resolved in one epic final battle. Think.

Yes, but not because of meteor. That´s what i meant. As in, the lifestream took down midgard and mako comodities and gave humans a fighting chance but humans could not survive without the tech. That´s why i think Nanaki has kids and Midgard is a ruin covered with plants, to show it was time what eventually wiped humans. They couldn´t adapt. It´s like Good old square was trying to say the kids "if you don´t learn to live as one with the planet you´ll die you little shit".

Attached: tenor.gif (220x220, 358K)

The payoff is the accumulation of Cloud's will, allowing him to not be puppetted by Sephiroth's greater will through Jenova. Remember that? How Cloud just handed the Black Materia over and shit? That can't happen when Cloud knows who he is.
Making Cloud lose sight of who he was is how Sephiroth advanced his plan. That was its role in the story. And then Cloud got his shit together, and they went and killed Sephiroth.

>The 'payoff' for the Cloud mystery is pointless, since he was already a heroic person to begin with, so they botched it completely.
Pretty much this. He may have been standoffish in the beginning and more about getting paid to do a job, but once he met Aerith and the Shinra shit happened, he went full on hero mode. It wasn't so much a twist as it was a reveal of Cloud's past as there seemed to be something off about him that needed explaining.

>"A story isn't good unless it explains everything!"
Get enlightened.

Ok, but that is not a twist, that is just a basic character arc

You are not insightful. You've been debunked many times in this thread already. Cloud's arc has catharsis, deal with it instead of scouring wikis for evidence to the contrary.

Can we all agree that square enix has a habit for autistic story telling since we always seem to end up arguing whats going on in their games?

Attached: 1542246274674.gif (746x479, 196K)

It needs to at least give me a more fulfilling ending. Imagine Lord of the Rings just ending right after the ring gets destroyed. Of course you would want to know what happens to Frodo and the gang for some closure.

The problem is that the translation was awful and everyone interpreted the game's story differently.

Its evidence Yea Forums is full of low-IQ troglodytes with reading comprehension issues. I understood the major plot points and themes of FFVII at 17 when I first played it.

>That can't happen when Cloud knows who he is.
Sure, but for the umpteenth time, Cloud clinging to zack's identity was nonsensical to begin with that. So that scenario you describe shouldn't even be possible to begin with.

Besides, how could sephiroth possibly know cloud would assume zack's memories and that this would allow him to control him? It's just a coincidental side effect that worked in sephiroth's favor, not some master plan. You're really reaching here, It certainly doesn't qualify as the 'payoff' I was talking about.

Come to think of it, after such traumatic events, a member of SOLDIER would be the last thing Cloud would be drawn towards. His subsconscious would have REPELLED him from assuming such an identity.

Attached: 1552412027262.jpg (640x640, 103K)

It means Aerith is a whore that didn't have enough dicks when she was a prostitute so she decided to take all the dicks of everyone on the planet by becoming the Lifestream.

The main protagonist had already gotten his closure moments before. As did the supporting cast in their individual sidequests. You just want fluff.

>It needs to at least give me a more fulfilling ending. Imagine Lord of the Rings just ending right after the ring gets destroyed. Of course you would want to know what happens to Frodo and the gang for some closure.
Funny that you should say that since the movies cut out an entire last chapter where Frodo struggles with PTSD.

So you don't see the implicit value of something as a product of its time? I guess every book, painting, movie, and video game needs to be remade into an overblown cinematic clusterfuck that replaces subtlety with expensive special effects. The idea that something "needs" to be remade or "needs" a sequel just seems absurd to me. Open your eyes to the possibilities instead of demanding that everything be the same.

It's also Kingdom hearts that comes to mind where it really goes downhill with the spin off games.

>I understood the major plot points and themes of FFVII at 17 when I first played it.
>Why yes, I played the original Final Fantasy 7, how could you tell?

Attached: 27bc.jpg (400x400, 30K)

>So you don't see the implicit value of something as a product of its time?
I do, I just want the remake to elaborate and give me a more conclusive ending that is more satisfying than what we previously got.

>have it explained repeatedly that Cloud did not exclusively assume Zack's memories and personality post-Nibelheim, just that he self-inserted as Zack during the flashback
>continue criticizing the protagonist's arc along that false assumption anyway

you are actually retarded.

A note left by Zangan implies that there are limits to what conventional restorative measures can do, and it's indicated that the Masamune is a special sword with tremendous killing power. Also, it's pretty clear that turn-based rpg combat is an abstract affair that shouldn't be taken too literally.

>Sure, but for the umpteenth time, Cloud clinging to zack's identity was nonsensical to begin with that. So that scenario you describe shouldn't even be possible to begin with.
The dude was under the deleterious effects of a psychic alien virus, for fuck's sake. He had no choice in the matter.
>Besides, how could sephiroth possibly know cloud would assume zack's memories and that this would allow him to control him?
Because Sephiroth controls Jenova. He felt when Cloud's personality changed as a result of Jenova, he knows where Cloud is at all times, he can literally feel when Cloud's will is weak or strong.
>Come to think of it, after such traumatic events, a member of SOLDIER would be the last thing Cloud would be drawn towards
Jenova detected Tifa's memories and transformed him. Tifa thought Cloud joined SOLDIER. He had no choice there, either.

>implying Yea Forums-autists can make that contextual disassociation

>have it explained repeatedly that Cloud did not exclusively assume Zack's memories and personality post-Nibelheim, just that he self-inserted as Zack during the flashback

>still arguing over pedantics.
Point me where the part where I said EXCLUSIVELY assumed Zack's memories. I just said he assumed Zack's memories, which is true.

And nobody cares how you want to call it. How are you this much of a clueless retard? Fine, I'll just say 'pre-twist Cloud' from now on. Satisfied?

The point I made was that Sephiroth controlling pre-twist Cloud is not payoff, for the reasons I outlined. Why are you ignoring that?

Attached: 1552517888431.png (482x427, 79K)

You should more clearly express what you want. Some denouement wouldn't be bad, but I don't necessarily think part of it should be explaining what players are supposed to figure out.

Was getting killed part of her plan too?

Her name is Aeris you weaboo faggots

All the things that happen materially to Cloud (being controlled by Sephiroth via Jenovah cells, etc.) are a consequence of his personal character arc so that when he comes to terms and accepts himself with the help of Tifa in Lifestream, all the other sci-fi plot devices fall in line with his character progression. You're getting hung up on irrelevant nonsense because you're too stupid to consider the broader picture.

>Jenova detected Tifa's memories and transformed him. Tifa thought Cloud joined SOLDIER. He had no choice there, either.

>this level of mental gymnastics
How does that even make sense? Why the fuck would Jenova, a Lovecraftian alien life form, care about Tifa's opinion of Cloud?

Also, what is the source of this?

>Clinging on to a mistranslation of a 22 year old JRPG
>calling others weeaboo faggots

Attached: 1496526913682.jpg (600x600, 42K)

It's Sephiroth working through Jenovah that did this. It served his ambitions.

The source is Final Fantasy VII. You should try playing it.

I'm pretty shure they never died when there hp hit 0 user, they just faint.

>How does that even make sense? Why the fuck would Jenova, a Lovecraftian alien life form, care about Tifa's opinion of Cloud?
>Also, what is the source of this?
Did you even fucking PLAY this game? Cloud's transformation occurs when he encounters Tifa after dragging himself into Midgar's slums when Zack dies.
Jenova is not "lovecraftian", it is animalistic. It's less than humans, not more. It passively scans brains around itself, and if it detects a hit in their past, some meaningful person, it transforms into them.
Just before the start of FFVII, the Jenova within Cloud scanned Tifa, found a boy named Cloud Strife, and transformed Cloud into Cloud. That is where everything changed for him. That was literally his plot.
youtube.com/watch?v=tmo4MwSfVgE
How do people keep forgetting this?

A. That's a wikia. I wouldn't really rely on that.

B. Cloud didn't really have Zack's direct memories, per say. What he had were the stories Zack had told him during the Nibelheim incident while they were in the Mako Reactor, which Cloud was outside for. He doesn't remember Aeris or Zack's parents, or for that matter, all the stuff from Crisis Core he wasn't there for.

C.The rest of that is more or less accurate. Disc 1 Cloud is the invention of his own subconscious mixed with Jenova Cells repairing the damage done to his mind by reading Tifa's memories and expectations and appropriating them alongside Cloud's ideal self-image into the personality we see in Disc 1.

Note: this does not mean Jenova is alive as an entity and influencing him; Jenova Cells do this by nature regardless of whether or not Jenova is conscious and active. It's Sephiroth that takes control of the Jenova's Cells used to create the Sephiroth copies (in particular, cells taken directly from his own body, which Crisis Core refers to as "S Cells") and initiates the reunion.

Nomura was always pretty edgy. I can see him going full madman and even killing Tifa near the ending assuming he doesn't just 1:1 remake it(within reasons mind you) like I hope he does.

FFV explained this already.

This is the best answer I've ever seen to people crying about graphics on a classic older game.

How big will the shitstorm be when she gets brought back to life?

Attached: D6KqvzcUEAYK4yd.png (590x521, 404K)

Of course

I think you guys need to replay ff7 and remember stuff, there's a lot of misunderstanding here
Ill start
>what is jenova
Jenova is a big alien thing that came to earth long ago (like a she-lavos, basically), made a big hole (the crater). Cetras fought her and died but jenova was stopped.

>What sephiroth wants
Wants to summon meteor to make a big hole in the planet. Why? because the planet will try to heal with a lot of lifestream, and sephiroth wants to absorb all that slifestream and become a god.

>WHo were you chasing all alone
Jenova, but controlled by sephiroth. I know i know, "how can a super soldier control an alien thing", well, its just what it is. Maybe jenova isnt that rational so its not hard to do so, specially considering sephiroth already has jenova cells so...
Well to prove that sephiroth is actually controlling jenova, see how jenova is set free. By herself, pretty much, and not without freeying cloud and company. Why? because he needs cloud to lure him to the temple of the ancients so he can get the black materia for him. Jenova would shrink and die, and the other clones are useless faggots. It was a perfect opportunity. Also, jenova cells in cloud was even better so sephiroth doesnt really have to lure him, since via reunion theory, he will come to jenova alone by himself.

tldr; sephiroth is controlling jenova. Uses her to protect him at the end.

It's unrelated.
The connection is in your brain.
All content related to FF7 says Sephiroth controls Jenova. Xenogears isn't FF7.

there is nothing to elaborate you are just too dumb and didnt get it.
The actual twist is after the ending at the end screen when you hear children laugh and realize the planet didnt erease humanity/ he didnt see it as illness even after shinra.

>Was getting killed part of her plan too?
Yes. Her death gave her the highest ground of them all.

>gets brought back to life
She won't even die in the first place, Sephiroth will just take the materia and it will skip forward to the crater.

>Cloud clinging to zack's identity was nonsensical to begin with that.
CLoud was under mako poisoning, also jenova cells made new memories on him based on how cloud thought 1st soldiers were. Arrogant, serious, "just get the job done".

>headcanon.
Nice. Except that's just symbolism bullshit. In the reality of the game, Jenova is a retarded Thing-tier parasite incapable of doing anything but mimicry.

Also
>what's with aeris at the end
Some people thing is a callback to the beginning, and sure, it was, but it wasn't a plan made by aeris in that moment, that's pure bullshit. That ending is just to show that Aeris was the one behind the lifestream movement to get rid of the meteor. It's just that.

It's both a callback AND what you explained at once.

What's there to explain? Aerith was part of the lifestream and she directed it to stop Meteor from killing the planet. The shot at the end is parallel to how she was staring into that segment of lifestream from the opening of the game and indicates that she's one with it.

Maybe you're reading too deeply into it and trying to find some hidden meaning where there is none.

Attached: 1522748537241.png (620x640, 260K)

>skipping the death entirely so that Aerith lives
The internet would go nuclear

Aeris was the meteor this whole time guys

She's a big girl.

They have three choices.
>Aeris levels and stats are transferred to a character that doesnt appear after Aeris death (maybe vincent? would that be so weird?)
>They just kill aeris and technically you can waste time training her but its just your problem
>The episode ends with aeris death so the episode after its "aeris-less" so you dont waste time
I dont think they will do a "revive aeris" or "dont let aeris die", that would extremely, extremely stupid, story-wise and it would generate a lot of backslash.

Maybe, MAYBE what they will do is to not revive aeris, but to generate her presence somehow before going to the crater, like a spirit or something that fights just like aeris but doesn't affect the story.

I hope this happens.

she was the meteor after all

She could only cast Holy in death.

>I dont think they will do a "revive aeris" or "dont let aeris die", that would extremely, extremely stupid, story-wise and it would generate a lot of backslash.
the 100% ending of XIII-2 would like to have a word

Just kill Cait Sith instead maybe

>what you explained at once.
I guess you mean that "aeris was the one behind the lifestream" because she was. I read one dude that said "aeris wanted to do this way before in the beginning of the game its a plan set in motion" or something, and thats what i meant with "but it wasn't a plan made by aeris in that moment, that's pure bullshit. "

Fat lot of good that did.

Doesn't that just get you Caius sitting on the Throne of Etro being a dick? Serah still died.
Did you mean X-2?

>Cloud runs to the alter
>Aerith looks up at him, previously in concentrated prayer for the sake of the planet
>Camera pans upward as the One Winged Angel himself Sephiroth descends, ready to stab her
>Quick time event where Cloud has to push her out of the way to save her

its 100% ending, its a reward more than anything.
also, different context. Aeris death was supposed to happen otherwise the entire game would be way too different, and Tidus revives at the end of the game (after everything)
Also, tidus reviving was part of the plan since the beginning, look at the end of FFX when tidus wakes up in the ocean and swims.

Yea I meant X-2. Thanks for catching that

Reeve would bring a cait sith 3.0 just like the temple of the ancients.

>Also, tidus reviving was part of the plan since the beginning, look at the end of FFX when tidus wakes up in the ocean and swims.
Apparently it was also a part of the original 7 that Aerith was supposed to come back too.

Its retarded because the game shows how her being an Ancient was an aspect of her identity that sat on top of the playful and spirited girl we know as Aeris. It'd betray her character to suggest she was a scheming Cetra from the get-go.

How? She dies and then saves the planet from meteor. Literally the only reason the world didn't end.

>stories go through preliminary drafts

woah...........

Yea and it took the sequel for them to add that in. In 7s case this is a remake, thus its more probable that they will add it in, dummy.

>Apparently it was also a part of the original 7 that Aerith was supposed to come back too.
how? where? concept arts?

>She dies and then saves the planet from meteor.
The lifestream is the thing that saved the world, her image at the ending of the FMV was just to show that she is part of the lifestream and "in a better place".

Literally one of the most kino endings in video games. What the fuck are you even talking about. I cry like a baby every time

Get this: there's no reason should she be unable to save the world while alive.

Ok bros here me out. I think FF7R exists as a way to re garner interest to finish the Complitation from the older fans and to garner interest in a continuation with newer fans. Nomura saying he wanted to do something with the other Complitation titles was the hint. They wouldn't need to do that if they wanted to just leave it at FF7R.

I'm betting FF7R will have a secret to which will be a mini time skip that shows Genesis getting ready to make his move. Basically an extension of the DoC secret ending.

Yes. Just like the original game gave birth to the AC movie, FF7R will give birth to another movie which will close out the FF7 Complitation for good. This movie will detail the conclusion of everything concerning Jenova, Cloud, Genesis, Sephiroth etc.

Attached: D6KJSnkW0AAC5K-.jpg (1024x576, 59K)

Except she guided the lifestream in death.

Spoken like a true retard

Not him, but it's this retarded shit that ruins the story.

spoilers there's nothing saying she needs to be dead to do this

well thats why sephiroth kills her
maybe he didnt thought about aeris messing with him with lifestream, i dont know
aeris just used the tools she had
In fact, Aeris was still casting holy in death, but holy couldnt make it in time since Sephiroth was blocking it from the crater. Thats why they even move to the crater to kill him, so holy can block meteor

Aeris has to die for the story to make sense. Her death eliminates the love triangle plot point that allows the Cloud and Tifa moment in Lifestream to take centerstage unencumbered.

Of course a tifafag would think Aerith's death is the crux of the story making sense

Less than when hey swerve everyone and have Tifa run into Masamune instead.

I'm more of a Cloudfag in the sense that his whole arc is more crucial to the game narrative and the developers must've thought the same which is why they got everything else out of the way of its effective execution.

Because according to Toriyama, it cheapens her death.

That's exactly what happened though
Did you not understand the whole point of the reunion? It was sepiroth commanding everyone with jenova cells to return to the crater

Her name in japanese is earisu
Now which one do you think is closer, Aeris or Aerith? Where's the fucking mistranslation?

I'm not sure if you understood the plot of the game. Holy is what destroyed Meteor. The reason your party goes to kill Sephiroth directly is because he's holding back Holy from activating.

No it doesn't

>Her name in japanese is earisu
No it's エアリス

>it was Nomura who suggested they kill Aerith
and it will be Nomura that brings her back. Pottery

Attached: D6Kn4yiU8AE66Yh.jpg (1200x675, 70K)

Game actually ends with

Attached: h2qkxt10grgriah18s4l.gif (800x450, 257K)

It does. There's tons of writing from the staff on this about how much it affected the team, how they decided to have her die with dignity instead of a dramatic hollywood fashion like Galuf, how it was this wierd tribute to Sakaguchi's mother, etc.

>canonically has the power to give life to normal objects

Attached: caith_sith.jpg (240x240, 10K)

Instead of Aerith's revival. I hope they just fix Lucrecia's character.

But alas they're proud going to add some bullshit retcon in like Vincent is actually Sephiroth's real father because fuck you.

>Holy is what destroyed Meteor
No it didn't. Holy failed on its own.
Holy is the blue light here. The green light, the Lifestream, is what reached up and tore Meteor apart.

Attached: FFVII-01455-Ending-Cinematic-Meteor.png (740x516, 135K)

>Holy is what destroyed Meteor.
It isn't, it explicitly doesn't in the end cutscene. Holy TRIES to stop Meteor but it's not working and is just causing more devastation to Midgar. What stops Meteor is the lifestream itself rising out of the earth and shielding the planet.

>he can't read katakana
You pretty much just agreed with me retard

>But alas they're proud going to add some bullshit retcon in like Vincent is actually Sephiroth's real father because fuck you.
But if they did that then it goes against Sephiroth's character in being the son of someone who represents what he hates. The compendium games have never backed down on this.

>Aerith
Sorry I do not know who that is.

Depending on the execution, it could have been done respectfully. Like if you had to 100 percent the game to get an extra scene where she comes back to Cloud. It would have you work for the happy ending, just like you worked to save the planet from Sephiroth when she died. Expect the remake to do this, btw

Which transliterates to earisu. I don't see any "-th" in there

Then get out of this thread, faggot. Aeris does not exist

Oh, I guess he was named Sephiross all along.

She died praying in the materia font. She's part of the lifestream.

>yfw they change the ending cutscene with Red XIII to tie into Advent Children more

Attached: streets of rage.jpg (1280x1024, 794K)

This only shows that you retards don't know how hepburn translation works.
I GUESS THEIR NAMES ARE ARUKAADO AND GATTSU TOO

>Vincent is actually Sephiroth's real father because fuck you.
Technically vincent fucked lucrecia so he could
did we get confirmation on hojos being the actual father?

>I can see him going full madman and even killing Tifa near the ending
Now that would truly subvert my expectations.

>Tifa dies and Aeris lives
>get to spend the whole game with best bantz girl instead of the boring titty monster with no personality

Attached: 1555948340514.gif (500x208, 925K)

That's why FF7 was shit. It's literary most kiddies first RPG so they love it so much.

>since FF7's story doesn't make a lick of sense to begin with.
You have to be legitimately mentally deficient to not understand FFVII's story. I will never grasp how all these plebs for 2 decades seem to think it's "convoluted" or "confusing", literally everything in the game is spelled out for you very clearly.

I haven't even played this game and I understand the ending based only on what you just posted.
Are you fucking retarded?

It's a safer bet considering that Hojo railed Lucrecia numerous times for the explicitly purpose of developing a fetus that they could experiment on. Besides, Vincent is so pathetic that even if by some miracle he actually got some action, do you really think his pathetic manhood could impregnate something?

>we will never have comfy FF7 threads again

Attached: 1536607853588.png (362x141, 10K)

This needs to happen

Was Sephiroth in control or Jenova? Don't worry, I'll wait.

Hojo tells us he is near the end of the game and it doesn't add anything to the story to suggest he's lying nor does the game hint elsewhere as to otherwise.

>He doesn't remember Aeris or Zack's parents, or for that matter, all the stuff from Crisis Core he wasn't there for.
Question: In the Nibleheim flashback you play through, when you visit "your" parents, is that actually Zacks, or Clouds? This part always confused me.

Sephiroth. Nothing confusing about it. Not complicated.

I actually remember the game having several moments where the characters stop and start talking about what's happening in the plot. The fact that people don't understand the story bewilders me too. I'm just going to chalk it up to the wonky English translation the game originally got.

Attached: Vincent gets cucked by Hojo and is ok with it.png (391x835, 402K)

That was fucking kino, best ending in the franchise easily.
I'm sure they will ruin it by referencing Advent Children or something.

That's Cloud's mom, yes. His memories are jammed with himself and Zack at various points, Jenova is not a god, it didn't fabricate a complete and consistent identity. So it still had Cloud doing things Cloud did here and there, like visit his mom.

How? Elaborate?

Cloud's. Cloud self inserted as Zack in the flashback but had to make some alterations to his cobbled-together account of the story.

Sephiroth's great will controls Jenova. He is a freakishly, supernaturally strong willed person, and Jenova is a psychic virus, mental power affects it. He moves Jenova to his own ends.

So you think they'll show Genesis in the remake?

Cloud's. Zack is from Gongaga. In when Sephiroth gives "Cloud" permission to go see his family members, he's actually talking to Cloud, the MP. Cloud just remembers it as Sephiroth talking to "Cloud, SOLDIER 1st Class."

They better fucking not but I wouldn't be surprised they do this just to garner people's interest in the Complitation shit again

>your job is an elite combination of spy, assassin, and bodyguard
>the position is world famous for its competence and deadliness
>in spite of being a member of this amazing team you are somehow such a sad, worthless figure that even a pasty skinnyfat half-insane scientist seems like a better catch than you
Imagine being Vincent

Absolutely not. Pretty sure Gackt and Nomura had a falling out.

Genesis is asleep during the events of FFVII, so unless ge's in some Non-canon DLC bossfight, no.

I prefer this events than how DoC portrayed it.

I'm adamant there'll be a 0% chance of Genesis himself actually appearing. Gackt is old news and Square Enix won't want to pay for his likeness again.
There might be off-hand references to Project G or Deepground SOLDIER, but the man himself will stay in the shadows.

I'd lock myself in a basement if that ever happened to me.

Genesis should be asleep during this time so it's a reason for him not to show up. But I'm sure they'll reference him in some way or have NPCs talking about him.

Gackt doesn't own the character though

WRONG
Aeris is for forced penetration

>Was Sephiroth in control or Jenova?
Well all you have to do is think about this -

Was Sephiroth the only person with Jenova's cells? If yes, then it could be interpreted that the cells create a primal instinct based on Jenova therefore technically Jenova was in control.

This is debunked entirely since we know that Sephiroth wasn't the only person with Jenova cells, and the others with them didn't suddenly turn insane.

The thing is Lucrecia(the original Lucrecia) was more interested in her experiments and research. She didn't give a shit about the whole Turk thing. She only really chooses Hojo over Vincent because the former is a well known scientist like her and because she felt bad for how he needed to be comforted over his butthurt about Gast being better than him.

Gackt and Nomura never communicated much beyond the character's overall design. Genesis was Hideki Imaizumi's brainchild.

They literally used Genesis for more recent mobile game called Record Keeper. It has nothing to do with Gackt.

Attached: FFRK_Genesis_VIICC.png (500x170, 2K)

No, Genesis isn't canon and neither is that terrible game.

Attached: TV (7).png (800x602, 495K)

Wait so is Genesis a good guy now or still evil? His role sounds similar to a Weapon's now.

Undetermined, but definitely retarded

Hojo was a sadistic grim looking motherfucker but he was still a handsome boy
Until CC made him into a greasy ass yellow motherfucker that rapes your bitch in a doujin

Attached: young hojo.png (201x266, 26K)

Will you be mad if he's referenced in the remake?

Supposedly turned over a new leaf but we may never know

Please stop talking about donut steel characters in a thread about FFVII.

It's fine the game will be episodic trash which never gets finished.

I always assumed the lifestream was called by Holy's magic

The guy had status as a scientist. Lucrecia was trying to get higher up in the scientific field. It's not a surprise she got involved with him.

But yeah I'm interested to see how the remake makes him look. Maybe he wont look so old looking.

Nigga did you play FF7?

>Will you be mad if he's referenced in the remake?
Refrenced? Not really

The only reason humans survived is because of Aeris. The planet was going to erase everything and start over. The only reason it didn't was because Aeris, a half-human, made the ultimate sacrifice, so that maybe not all humans were completely terrible

Why is nobody hyped about the fact we'll have Sephiroth as a party member in the remake?

and I prefer how impactful Zack's death was in the original
but both those scenes are going to be fucked up anyway

>Aeris, a half-human
Cetra aren't a species, they're just humans living in accordance with a certain way of life. Aerith is a Cetra, not a half-Cetra half-human.

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if he ends up being some optional DLC fight. Or atleast a clone of his or some magical illusion of him.

Remember when Fight Club started and he looks into the camera and says "It's the same character."

No, you dipshit, you realize it later and then the little clues you didn't notice at first reveal themselves.

I thought that was just planet doing it's own thing, like how the WEAPONs are used to gain more for the lifestream.

Wonder if he'll be AI-controlled like the original.

>and I prefer how impactful Zack's death was in the original
What? All Zack did in the original was get gunned down by a few scrubs. In CC, they have him taking out most of an army just because he's the main character of the game and wanted his final fight to look cooler.

But yeah I get the feeling they'll probably go with the latter's events in the remake because of Zack's popularity.

Because everyone knows that it won't be permanent; and he won't even come to your aid at some battles, unlike Aranea.

how the fuck are the Ruby and Emerald fights going to work

Aeris is in tune with the Planet not because of her lifestyle but her ancestry. She was raised by and around humans and is able to do the things she does regardless. Humans are an evolutionary offshoot of the Cetra.

Dying like a bitch was a better ending.

I hope not. I want to fuck up monsters with that katana.

But I won't be surprised if they make him AI controlled again because Sephiroth would be too OP as a playable character.

not this post again

Pure grindfest

I felt him being shot and left for dead like a wounded animal was better
made me sad and pissed

I forgot but what is the deal with WEAPONS again? Haven't played the game in years? Are they considered good guys or bad? They're meant to protect the planet yet they fight us.

>yet they fight us.
You're the thing fucking up the planet.

That's why humans are eradicated by the lifestream at the end. Pay attention.

>understatement can be and regularly is better than overdone melodrama

no kidding.

Based Sephiroth.

The same way it worked in the original.

more importantly, are we gonna fight jade and sapphire? Honestly i would prefer if the cannon just kick out sapphire

They are the planet's antibodies.

They're on the Planet's side. Humans have basically destroyed the cycle of the lifestream via mako refining, so it's not surprising that Weapons see humans as the Planet's greatest enemy. The only real question is why they didn't attack humanity a hell of a lot earlier.

Cetra probably aren't modern human-looking breh, and I say this as the only in-game evidence indicates that they don't look human. Here's your one visual representation of a full-blooded Cetra bro.

Attached: NPC-ffvii-templeguard.png (137x229, 16K)

Yeah but now Zackfags wouldn't accept that because they fell in love with him in CC.

Yeah I agree but I doubt they'll go with the original depiction. In the original, you don't have Zack passing the Buster Sword over to Cloud since he's already dead by then. Cloud just takes it.

You choose to fight them

>The only real question is why they didn't attack humanity a hell of a lot earlier.
It's possible that the planet didn't realize that the Mako refining was doing as much damage as it was. Or the planet didn't think the make refining was a problem at all.

They only got involved once Jenoveroth began the process of summoning meteor, so maybe that triggered them.

Spoopy

>Yeah but now Zackfags wouldn't accept that because they fell in love with him in CC.
pff they are not bringing back zack, no one gives a fuck about him

>who is Ifalna

That's just a ghost. Plus, it looks plenty human.
Ifalna was indistinguishably human.

Humans like Shinra ruined the planet and having been saping out the Mako from the planet. WEAPONS step in to defend it and wipe out the cause of the planet's suffering. That so happens to be humans.

You should pay attention yourself because you hear children laughing in the end of the epilogue.

Sephirot would be a more accurate translation of his name seeing as the Jews also didn't have the "th" sound, so it's hardly concrete that Aerith is best on that alone, unless we change it to Aerit. So we can either lean towards "Earisu" being a Jap butchering of the word "earth", which thematically makes sense with the planet and Lifestream, or we can take it as a being a Jap butchering of the Greek goddess Eris which means "strife", which also thematically makes sense by tying her to Cloud. In addition to this, Tifa is probably a shortened form of Tifaret, one Sefira in the Sefirot that is the Tree of Life.

This was the central question to the game for me for years. Looking back, it was obvious that Sephiroth was in control. He's the villain. The whole story is the conflict between Cloud and Sephiroth

Everyone dumping all their spells and healing items on Galuf to stop him from dying almost made me cry. Jesus fuck.

>you hear children laughing in the end of the epilogue.
Nanaki's people or the planet itself. Humans are gone.

Are you delusional?

Aerith is literally a prostitute
you are the opposite of correct, she is specifically FOR lewd

Ifalna is 29 brehs. I don't think she's full-blooded lol.

So Genesis choosing to slumber like the WEAPONS do and awakening to protect the Planet isn't a good sign right?

>whole story is the conflict between Cloud and Sephiroth
Sephiroth is a metaphor, Jenova is the antagonist of the game.

>Aerith is literally a prostitute
Don't believe every single thing you read just because it sounds flashy.

Cloud was in Nibelheim with Zack, but Cloud was one of the regular grunts in the blue uniform. That's how he remembers all of it, while Tifa don't remember him beeing there.
Cloud later says he was so ashamed that he did not reach SOLDIER so he kept the uniform / mask on to not show himself to Tifa to hide the fact that he had "failed".

I thought the whole point was that she would have been able to save the planet while alive, which is why Sephiroth killed her. But a theme in the game is how nobody's really gone forever just because they died, so Aerith still foils his plan even in death.

>Looking back, it was obvious that Sephiroth was in control. He's the villain. The whole story is the conflict between Cloud and Sephiroth
Wrong. Sephiroth had the mind that Jenova used to make her plan come to fruition. It's a clever misdirection.

Where's your proof?

Is the chocobo sage a cetra? He looks like that guy and is supposed to be ancient

Midgar completely grown over and destroyed. It was THE major population center for humanity and it was neither maintained nor scrapped. There are no creatures of human capability left because after 500 years, something would have happened to it.

I dunno. He could be.

Where is this " Aerith is a prostitute" meme coming from? Because she sells flowers? By that logic Tifa is also a prostitute because she runs a bar.

Her ancient clan could guide the lifestream while the clans people were still alive and not dead

Several years ago someone said "Flower girl = Prostitute Slang" and that's literally all it takes.

Nevermind that she sells flowers, has the ability to grow them where no one can, and literally lives in a magical enchanted garden. She's a whore. People are fucking dumb.

The insinuation that "flower girl" is some sort of japanese euphemism for prostitute is a persistent urban legend in FFVII's fanbase.

So you don't have proof that humanity was completely destroyed? Ok.

Are Dirge of Cerberus and Advent Children canon to the FF VII universe?

I just rewatched Zack's death in CC and I have to say its fine until the fucking JPOP kicks in with the Zack montage
Would've actually been decent if they ended it with Cloud screaming on the cliff

And then they fucking end it with him waking up in the sunlight and reaching up to lifesteam or some shit, what the fuck

Attached: MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM.jpg (804x474, 110K)

So the Cetra were Black Mages?

For humans it's a bad thing for Genesis reawakening. He's going to steer things back on track to the original canon and wipe out the entire human race for hurting the Planet. He is the Planet's final WEAPON. Cloud and everyone else will be killed by Genesis except Red XIII who is spared because he's not a human.

Then we get the 500 years later epilogue.

Well yeah, they literally made the Ultimate Black Magic, Meteor.

I'm not writing a dissertation. I am stating my opinion. Your counter of laughter can easily be explained and my reasoning is sound. Not having the exact specific proof you require doesn't mean my thinking is 100% incorrect.

Fucking get over yourself.

They fucking shouldn't be but Nomura can't stop sucking dick for 10 seconds so they probably are.

Technically yes but as post-hoc cash grabs you can ignore them and their influence on the original game's story.

Autism. That's literally it.

Betting it comes from mostly Tifafags.

Yes, they are canon.
However, they said they're not gonna worry about keeping in line with the other materials for the remake, so if any contradictions occur, the remake is not going to care.

>YFW Advent Children retconned everyone's death except Aeris

Attached: 1554064023220.jpg (300x480, 44K)

Sadly yes. Nomura even said recently he wanted to do something about those titles.

>die in Fallout due to unlucky crit
>reload quicksave

ah yes I can feel my enlightened WRPG brain expanding

inb4 Advent Children as FF VII-2

Who even died in Advent Children besides those Sephiroth rejects?

Also Rufus was never killed on screen in the original was he?

Rufus got fucking light beam merked in the Shinra building. They can say he didn't die sure but they'd be bullshitting everyone.

Wrong.
So goddamn wrong.

Is Dirge of Cerberus fun or is it complete shit

As far as secondary villans go, Rufus was pretty damn good.
youtube.com/watch?v=p3VQc788AO0

wow your entire wall of text post is completely wrong in every aspect, that's fucking impressive. gold star, retard

Tseng seemed pretty fuckin' dead. Stabbed by Sephiroth, left immobile at the temple of the ancients, examining him says "He's not moving..", and then the temple of the ancients is destroyed shortly after, and Tseng is never seen again in the game.
But he lived!

>Soldier 1st class gets shot by a gun offscreen, dies
>normal human gets blasted by a direct hit from the Planet's ultimate defenders, lives
Rufus is dead mate.

Yeah he was Diamond Weapon shoots a gigantic laser destroying Sister Ray and the complete top of Shinra HQ where Rufus is. He looks his death head on like a man. Weird time to give a Velvet Underground reference though.

What theme should they give Seph in the Remake? His Kingdom Hearts one are honestly the best

youtube.com/watch?v=hjS689rvbOw

>Jenova
>"plans"
Stop this. Jenova is described as a primal intellect. She is literally a weeb version of The Thing. She's not making complex multi-faceted plans.

But that's not Sephiroth's theme. Those Chosen by the Planet is.

Him not moving could just him being unconscious

I was kind struck by how cold it was of aeris to specifically say she wouldn't help heal him.

Attached: 1557440019241.jpg (927x1440, 526K)

As irrelevant a detail as it is, Tseng does indeed survive.

Those Chosen by the Planet, The Birth of God and the original un-fucked-with One Winged Angel.

Literally been stalking her for her whole life but yeah, it's weird that she doesn't like him.

>wahhh i need it to be a 100% wrap up my brain am not work gud

Attached: brofags will defend this.jpg (480x266, 24K)

Literally everyone except for autists when thinking about Sephs music they think about One Winged Angel

Right? I mean they only beat her, her friends, kidnapped people she got close to, and destroyed an entire sector. Why does she hate Tseng so much it makes no sense!

MAXIMUM COPE

Attached: 1551642158292.jpg (812x1024, 61K)

And I included it. Get off my ass.

So as a human what would you prefer? Getting wiped out by Meteor or by Genesis?

>killing every other man the looked up to you to save one
why would he do this?

Slaughtering the planet whole by drilling for mako in world-ending amounts.
We're taking you with us, bitch.

That's why I won't be surprised if they find a way to bring back Aerith in the remake

She was a major role in the story but died tragically and now she is actually part of the lifestream, so there she is at the very end in the lifestream, whats so fucking confusing? Have you never watched a movie or read a story in your life?

Easily one of the best scenes in the original game. Just a man being brutally shot to death in the rain. Compare that with crisis core where he slaughters thousands of MPs before giving a dying soliloquy and ascending into fucking heaven.

Attached: zack.jpg (1280x720, 56K)

there's parts of the game where Cloud is asked directly about his past and he has a mini spergout before giving the answer, it's obvious he hasn't fully adopted Zack's persona

Just take the originals and try to be as faithful as they can. No buttrock please.

THE GIFT OF THE GODDESS

Attached: 1554140478453.gif (450x450, 202K)

SOLDIERs are basically bulletproof though so it didn't make sense.

This. Tseng was an antagonist like the other Turks. I wouldn't save him either

youtu.be/wCNTxucm4RU?t=124
>Hate him
Does she really? Her body language doesn't suggest that.

Attached: ff7 tseng aeris.png (1011x534, 1.04M)

>Those Chosen by the Planet motif is played in tandem in many of the pivotal Sephiroth sequences in the game. The association is made explicit.
>but it's not his main theme because of the idiot masses thinking it's the one that plays once during the last battle, and you, the idiot appealing to same dumb majority

Ok, retard.

I can only imagine my incel rage manifesting if they mention Genesis, Angeal or any other bullshit retcon crap from CC

They should make it some sort of Mass Effect decision where your actions lead to her either living or dying.

>when sephiroth says "i'm going to see my mother" and the beat drops

Attached: 63fal[1].jpg (650x465, 46K)

Killed by Meteor. Imagine wanting the lasr thing you hear is some faggot reciting some shitty poem.

I'd like that

Top three moments in the game.

>not going with Chaos
Plebs

ARTIST IS ElisKalti
YOUR WELCOME

Attached: 66632284_p0.jpg (1000x1415, 429K)

>People actually want Aeris to come back

Attached: 1477657363593.jpg (318x350, 30K)

>wanting to deal with Chaos' autism
Brainlet.

ok Yea Forums what will the ff7r secret ending show?

yeah, poor black haired Cloud
F

Attached: Zack FF7.png (198x279, 22K)

Attached: Yozora.jpg (1200x600, 82K)

Will we get to play as Zack in the remake?

What's it like having no imagination?

is that noctis?

You'll probably play out the fight with Sephiroth and then switch over to Cloud

>SOLDIERs are basically bulletproof though
Not really, they're just really good at parrying/evading bullets

Possibly, Nomura is gonna try and finish Versus XIII even if he has to make it in a different series

Attached: Riku KH3.png (1248x1680, 879K)

That would be good enough for me.

Cloud vs. Genesis
Who wins?

Is there p-perhaps a source for the full image?...

He's not Noctis. His name is Yozora.

>You never get to talk to Aeris' adoptive mom or Marlene again after Cait Sith fucking kidnaps them

Still can't help hating Reeve

Attached: 1546334238259.jpg (1534x1534, 587K)

Genesis is on par with Sephiroth so he would win.

Easily done, my friend.

chan.sankakucomplex.com/post/show/5951733

Reeve should have died.

Cait Sith? More like Cait Shit!

Attached: mung2.jpg (474x513, 36K)

Watch when they mean episodic they mean each compilation will be it's own episode and we get Advent Children as a game.

Didn't it end like a thousand years into the future with Red XIII's species running around?

He's really not a very good character.

Remember the old fanart?
The REALLY old fanart?

Attached: young wang.jpg (656x554, 75K)

The ending was alluding to the fact that Aerith knew exactly how everything was going to end, which is why she was so carefree and capricious.

Attached: 1481337820941.jpg (2480x3543, 762K)

So how will they go about the secret ending for the final episode?

This brings me back.

Sequel to Dirge of Cerberus

>tfw Aeris will never BRAP a healing wind at you
Why even live

What would the sequel be about?

Reeve however, is.

That would imply that everything you did during the game was for nothing cause the planet would've been fine without you

Genesis being a cunt obviously. I have no other details.

You still have an impact since the Holy was there first, so there was at least some mitigation in the damage of Meteor.

so uh what the fuck was that scene in the honey bee inn where you get spooked and pass out

>we will never have comfy FF7 threads again
This seems to be a trend on Yea Forums when a game/series gets a remake or remaster, sometimes even a sequel. Spyro threads used to be great until soulless shitposters invaded.

Doesn't Japan have a newer pop icon than Gackt to shove into their video games by now?

How do you guys feel about all the voice actors we've had for nearly 15 years get unceremoniously dumped?

Attached: FF7 VA.png (594x191, 16K)

I don't use the english dub for any FF stuff so it has no effect on me

Jade?

>Superroth is no longer a thing
Sad

Attached: 1557599326214.jpg (123x123, 8K)

;_;