What does Yea Forums think of these games? Overrated garbage or truly GOAT?

What does Yea Forums think of these games? Overrated garbage or truly GOAT?

Attached: kotor12.jpg (520x361, 83K)

Other urls found in this thread:

torf.mmo-fashion.com/lore-sets/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

They deserve the ratings they get

its okay

The first game is ok, but it's being overrated because zoomers caught up to it recently.
The second one is a bit shitty because of Avelonne and Kreia.

This is the model they used for the jedi Exile in SWTOR.
You may like it or not, but this is her official appearance.

Attached: Jedi Exile TOR model.png (1290x1080, 1.01M)

Not in my head-canon, cuck.

since disney tor and kotor are not canon so who gives a fuck about this shitty mmo fanfic

Attached: sufferer of indignities.png (669x678, 437K)

>461762074
I guess (You) cared enough to reply

goat

>Sion gives a typical villain speech about how you'll never break him
>tooltip appears to let you know he's currently suffering a negative penalty to his attacks and willpower
truly GOAT

Attached: 578962389453.jpg (960x476, 92K)

The first game was classic Star Wars. Big, grand plot and a clear distinction between good and evil.
The second game was an interesting, different take on the Star Wars universe. A darker, more mature challenge on traditional Star Wars.

Both have their good points and bad points. If you want to be true to the franchise, then play the first one.
The combat is absolutely fucking awful, though. Most of the gameplay is pretty poor. The animations are dodgy. The only reason to play it is for the Star Wars feel and the story.

Also, Bastila a sexy.

Attached: 1453251443266.jpg (1928x2700, 401K)

The best things to come out of star wars besides the republic commando novels

Yeah, it boggles my mind how they can make a character look that hot in 2003.

>Because of Avellone and Kreia

They are the saving grace of the game brainlet

Considering just how much TOR ruined both Revan and the Exile, I prefer to pretend that id doesn't exist.

First one is better.

The first game is better as a game because there's actual difficulty in it. The second game has better writing and story but the game has too much power creep in it and makes it too easy.

>The first game is better as a game because there's actual difficulty in it.

What actual difficulty? You can mindlessly auto-attack/Force lightning your way through it.

Kotor 2 is actually better because you get so disgustingly powerful that the braindead combat is over within seconds and doesn't waste your time as much as Kotor 1's braindead encounters,

>I don't like it!! better close my eyes
pussy

I don't understand why they chose that. Even in the book tying KOTOR1/2 with the TOR game she is described by Bastila as using the same kind of robes as the Jedi Council. Even fan art understood that the overly extravagant robes weren't really acceptable. The entire plot of KOTOR2 is The Exile walking through her past and coming to terms with it. Wearing a white gown like that in heavy combat is absolutely retarded. At least Revan's outfit looks to be leather armor attached to robes.

Attached: exile.jpg (736x981, 99K)

>First one is better.

The second one has:
>more than double the amount of feats
>more than double the amount of Force Powers
>the addition of a new influence system that makes character interaction much more interesting, including the ability to train companions into Jedi or Sith and teach them Force Powers
>the addition of a new in-depth crafting system where having a higher rank in a skill (repair/computer/awareness/demolitions/stealth/security/treat injury) lets you craft different items, equipment and equipment mods
>the addition of actual skill checks; in Kotor 1 only (Force) Persuade was ever checked and it was basically an insta-win button for quests
>lightside/darkside points are now attached to all interactions and dialogue responses, not just for completing quests like in Kotor 1
>equipment is far more interesting and varied
>various other improvements, such as the addition of unarmed combat, prestige classes, force forms and lightsaber stances
>much more variety in gameplay and level design; there is nothing in Kotor 1 like the defense of Khoonda or the vision quest on Korriban
>a beautiful orchestral score, with each area in the game having its own unique track; Kotor 1's score consisted of low quality synthesized music, and the same tracks were lazily reused for different areas
>12 companions, an increase compared to Kotor 1's 9 companions
>a humongous leap in the quality of storytelling, dialogue and voice acting
>actual Jedi robes (instead of the lame tunics of the first game) and facial hair, meaning you can finally LARP as a badass Jedi Master
>all this with a development time of barely a year and made by a newly formed studio and a tiny development team; by comparison, Kotor 1 had a development time of more than 3 years with an experienced studio and a big development team
Kotor 2 makes Kotor 1 completely obsolete.

that's technically a jedi consular robe

How does SWTOR manage to look worse than Kotor games despite launching a full generation later and having a 200 million dollar budget?

Attached: 2ER1BEAl.jpg (640x480, 68K)

It may technically be a consular robe but thats not the point. The story in KOTOR2 pretty much drills into to the player that the Revanchist Jedi couldn't win the Mandalorian wars by following the Jedi Code and customs. Running around Dxun in a gown would have been a liability, the Jedi during the Mandalorian wars had to min-max their choices just to keep the war effort afloat. Expecting the Exile to wear a gown in such heavy combat is dumb considering she is regarded by the underlings you encounter as someone with a knack for warfare.

Never played 2, 1 was great

Not really, Avelonne is fucking garbage.

don't, it's a boring unfinished mess

Kreia is reasonably interesting but in the end is just edge lord material to make the story seem deep. There was supposed to he more twists to the story but they were all cut out.

>There was supposed to he more twists

>"Perhaps you were expecting some surprise, for me to reveal a secret that had eluded you, something that would change your perspective of events, shatter you to your core. There is no great revelation, no great secret. There is only you."

Attached: 1543438946869.png (500x587, 73K)

KOTOR 2 is the DS9 of Star Wars and that’s a good thing

Attached: 00C744A1-1659-43E5-9357-92996446B3C6.jpg (961x700, 147K)

that's your headcanon

Best Star Wars games to date in terms of story. Gameplay is also actually quite fun, even when I was younger I still liked it.

A perfect Star Wars game I think would be similar to this, but a more in-depth customisation in terms of gear and stats, and a real time combat system.

Attached: 98D417FD-0434-4D65-8759-4338EF93113F.jpg (423x486, 44K)

I prefer kotor 2, but it’s a buggy unfinished mess sometimes. It’s also a bit more complex than, you were evil now you’re not or you can be if you want.

Online that’s why. Still unacceptable though. I actually enjoyed swtor for a bit, maxing out my inquisitor and enjoying the story a few years back. I would not touch it ever again however.

neither of them are really that good, just remembered fondly for being the Star Wars rpgs

The 2nd is GOAT. The 1st is overrated.

>torf.mmo-fashion.com/lore-sets/
OH NO NO NO

Attached: MaskofNihilus_TOR.png (270x344, 49K)

Dat photoshop skill 11/10

Attached: 1495583379081.png (600x610, 419K)

I tries one of them, don't even remember which, at a recommendation. It was so boring i couldnt even get my nameless jedi to the ripoff millenium falcon, which i assumed is the end of tutorial or whatever. It's strange, since i really love BG trilogy and DA:O, but i just couldnt stand it for some reaaon.

You can screetch whatever you want, but Obsidian themselves said that game had a problem with being too easy.
All because they couldn't manage auto leveling properly.

I know it will be shit but I still want 3 with battlefront 2 graphics
Fallen order wont scratch the rpg itch

The Jedi didn't use gowns in Mandalorian Wars. They used regular robes or simple outfits with tool belts like Malak.

Attached: qwe_download.jpg (881x1000, 1.2M)

The best western visual novels ever made

KOTOR 1’s first level is Taris, which is a huge fucking slog but if you saw the Ebon Hawk in it you must have almost completed it.
KOTOR 2’s first level is Peragus which is a slog on multiple replays and if your have shit taste for your first playthrough. You see the Ebon Hawk fairly early so that might have been the game you were playing

>western visual novels
That's Witcher 3 though.

I only remember flashes of it, like my brain censored it for some reason. The jedi woke up on some kind of space station (?) and didnt remember anything. The only way out was on that Ebon Hawk, but you had to activate doodly doot somewhere to get it to fly or something lile that. And on the way back some comical sith ninjas started attacking you for no reason. I couldn't even be bothered to fight through them to the ship.

Taris takes way longer than Peragus It's Tutorial: The Planet. It's incredibly bland, with mosts quests being about generic bountyhunter/gang affairs, and has nothing to do with the overarching story.

Some of my favorite games of all time. I replay them both at least once a year.

Thats 2

KoToR 2 would've been amazing if it wasn't rushed. Sucks we'll never see HK-43's finished storyline.

TOR is hilarious

Attached: SHIN REVAN.jpg (1920x1080, 154K)

I started it recently as a Chiss imperial agent and it isn't that bad. I like the whole evil James bond feel it has.

>KOTOR 1 Revan is just some generic Sith Lord
>KOTOR 2 Revan is a realpolitik enlightened centrist Sith who wants to unite the galaxy under his rule against the True Sith invasion
>TOR Revan is just some guy who was mind controlled, mind raped, got fucked up by some literal whos, died, his evil side resurrected, then died again
Why was Bioware so shit with Revan?

>Why was Bioware so shit
Because it is Bioware

The system has aged pretty poorly compared to contemporary d20 systems and lacks the same "everything is overpowered/broken" of the d20 stuff that came before it.
>jedi bonus feats and powers mean having non-jedi in the party is almost always pointless (only skill-monkeys are viable non-jedi)
>no force powers have damage scaling with stats, just saving throw imposition scaling
>master speed
>shields being so easy to replace while being so powerful
>sneak attacks only being useful against incapacitated enemies rather than actually solo stealthing
>the fucking action queue bug that makes your jedi run into melee and swing once before doing the queued force powers
>small party size means you miss out on huge chunks of story for 80% of the characters
>in both games by the time you become a jedi proper, you're already a super high level and have access to most the game has to offer
>both games laughably easy with any thought put into them, only certain fights are non-trivial and that's because of insane attack roll bonuses to the enemies
The writing was always great but it needs a reboot from someone that knows how to implement a d20 system