GTX 780 minimum

>GTX 780 minimum
now that's a yikes from me dawg

Attached: rage2_keyart.jpg (1920x1080, 388K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=LGIvQ_IzHRk
gpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Nvidia-GTX-1660-vs-Nvidia-GTX-1070/4038vs3609
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Who the hell are you?
but seriously, what is this game even meant to be. every ad i've seen has been just rendered footage and cutscenes

GTX 780 is like a 1050Ti, how poor are you?

Borderlands with more mobility and no random guns.

uhm, not it's not, even 770 is a bit faster than 1050 ti

>tfw just upgraded to a Vega 56
>tfw still not gonna buy this game

I might get this when it's half price next month

>eye cancer
that's a yikes from me too

>GTX 780 is a 9 year-old card...

>6=9

Attached: brainlet20.png (645x729, 105K)

>tranny color pallet

there is plenty of gameplay you know, go watch it

>wahh cater to my 20 year old hardware
You're irrelevant

that's before nvidia game ready drivers work over.

I just hope it will work at 60fps on my 2500K

This website has the dumbest fucking userbase on the internet

What will you do when next gen comes and bumps up minimum to 1060 levels?

I still find it funny that Far Cry New Dawn was announced after Rage 2, released before Rage 2, and copied the entire aesthetic. Now rage feels like "been there done that".

>still giving a shit about far cry

Minimum just means it'll run at lower resolutions, settings and frame rates. For 1080p60 and high-ultra settings you already need a 970/1060.

Recommended requirements are always overstated to get fucktards like OP to buy new shit.
Fucking retarded underage fucking zoomers fuck off.

Attached: der zoomer.png (434x327, 32K)

if it's the next gen port then yeah, it's pretty reasonable but now, you require 780 even though it's a port of a ps4 game, come on

>still on my ‘ancient’ 1050ti
Eh I’m Gucci not like I have a 4K monitor so it doesn’t really matter.

>TFW bought a 7870 in 2015 for $70 and completely floated above all the drama with GPU's since
feels good man. Probably 60FPSing everything until next gen.

Attached: aasdsagh.png (705x787, 748K)

>he doesn't read number upside down

But Far Cry's gunplay is fucking shit.

>makes a typo
>blames me for it
ok retard

>playing copy and paste ubishit

Attached: 935E1F5D-ADC7-4A6D-AF65-C6E39149A2E9.gif (385x256, 1.21M)

>barely similar to a 1050 ti
Unless you play at 900p or low settings you already had to turn shit down for several years.

>low settings @ 720p

If this new game in 2019 doesn't run on my Voodoo 3, gamers have to rise up against this rampant consumerism.

Yea but the port of the PS4 requires even a Pro or Xbox one X to get just 1080p/60fps. Otherwise it's just 30fps. So it seems in line with console port if you want 60fps at an acceptable resolution on pc.

Voodoo 5 < RTX Titan

>posting may instead of clarkson

Attached: 1557518293898 - Copy.jpg (594x800, 84K)

minimum reqs should be 1080p, low, 30fps, GTX780 should do much better than that

Should be, but aren't. Minimum requirements usually just mean it'll "run" and nothing more. Recommended are often wonky too, though most companies put specs out there for 1080p/high-ultra at 60.

>owning a 6 year old gpu
now that's a yikes from me dawg

>2012 GPU is similar to 1050 ti
Why does everyone jerk nvidia off again?

It’s not.

It's not about jerking off nvidia, it's about having a reliable card to compare it to. The 1050 ti is garbage in 2019 and was alright at best when it released. You paid a price premium for it compared to the 1060 which is still the best 1080p card alongside the 570 and 580, used that is.
It is similar in raw performance, driver support may vary but they're roughly the same. It's a 10% difference which you will never notice in games.

CPU isn't that important for most SP games, what GPU do you have? Also post speccies.

Attached: niggerspecs.png (555x453, 26K)

Why the hell doesn't this have COOP?

It is for open world games, I couldn't get stable 60fps on Far Cry 5 without overclock.
Havent tried since I OCed it to 4.3 but it should be fine now

Attached: file.png (531x462, 39K)

Why are you rocking an i5 2500k if you have the cash for a 1080? At least upgrade to a 2700k for the extra threads. You should be able to get one for a hundred bucks and afterwards you can sell your i5 for some change.

I had a shitty HD5870 and had to upgrade and I want something that will last long
Upgrading the CPU is not that important and I would need to change my motherboard, ram, windows version and wifi card if I wanted to change my CPU

Making a new computer, should I get a 1660?

no

Supposedly the Radeon RX 3080 is going to match the performance of a RTX 2070 at $330, if you want to wait a couple months and spend a little more for much more performance.

Well you don't need to change any of it if you wanna opt for a 2nd gen i7. If you wanna get a newer CPU you could always go for a 6th gen i7 or 9th gen if you don't mind using Windows 10 or using workarounds to get 7/8.1 working on those CPUs.
Get a used 1060 6GB/580 8GB for around 120 bucks, otherwise if you want a new card try to get a cheap RTX 2060. It's close to 1080 performance for only 50 bucks more what you'd pay for a used 1080.

And this ladies an gentleman is why I say fuck PC gaming.

You never have to worry if your Xbox, PlayStation, or Nintendo can run a game.

Attached: 1557268142427.gif (268x362, 799K)

Why not a 1660? It's just 220€ and it seems close to a 1070 in performance

Hmm...

It's more like D44M with more mobility and no demons.

I don't think that's worth to just upgrade ot a 2700K
I'll wait until it become obsolete and upgrade, there are like 3-5 games where I can't get stable 60fps and all of them are triple A garbage anyway

>he thinks that response was anything but a joke
was it autism?

what the fuck would bethesda, zenimax or ID have to gain from GPU sales you fucker?

Jesus fuck you really are retarded aren't you.

But New Dawn is just lazy reskin. They just painted everything pink.

youtube.com/watch?v=LGIvQ_IzHRk

>you never have to worry
about playing at 20-30fps and upscaled 900p

Attached: animeface42.png (344x426, 245K)

>doesn't answer the question

Attached: 1481104719628.png (399x322, 42K)

>no denuvo

you know what that means boys
day 1 pirate

Attached: 57343433_2280784365316523_2850736005294587904_o.jpg (976x658, 97K)

Prove it

or they will add it the last day, ASS creed did that

he can't he'll just get angry and insult you or zoomers because he's retarded

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO IF I HAVE TO PAY FOR IT YOU ALSO HAVE TO AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA G-GET A JOB L-LOSER

Attached: 1497908988289.jpg (1334x1334, 143K)

>Hope you upgraded to a PS4 pro for this game! Otherwise it'll run like shit and you can't turn down grafics for a higher framerate like you can on PC!

Requirements are overstated because it's the only way to for a company to shield itself from retards who bitch about things not working. Developers and hardware manufacturers colluding to milk consumers is a cute little theory and all but the reality is that companies just don't want to put up with retards going WHY DOESN'T IT WORK on forums. Hell even hardware manufacturers do this by overstating the power supply you need for a GPU because otherwise retards will just buy the cheapest trash on the market and blame the GPU company when shit gets fucked

this gonna flop hard.
>MEGATEXTURE
i remember

Bethesda don't use denuvo anymore

Let's be honest, when taking about new releases you need a 1070 minimum nowadays. Anything less and you might as well get a console.

S-STEALLLINNGGGG COME ON MAN SUPPORT THE DEVELOPERS THEY WORKED REALLY HARD ON THE GAME COME ON MAN THE COMPANIES REALLY NEED THE MONEY HOW WILL THEY FUCKING SURVIVE WITHOUT THE MONEY YOU FUCK BUY THE GAME BUUUUUUUYYYYYYYYYYYYY IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIITTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT

Attached: 1528557373369.png (601x595, 312K)

This.

Do not buy this game at launch, it is guaranteed to go on sale in a month. The same thing happened with Wolfenstein 2

Attached: pork.jpg (800x1067, 111K)

>I’m Gucci
why?

You do realize you're contradicting yourself right?
also,
>what is sponsorship

It's already half price

Attached: file.png (848x453, 289K)

>Yes i pirate new game releases how could you tell?

Attached: 1555232042933.jpg (475x531, 16K)

>Bethesda launcher
careful

Just pirate it like everyone else retards.

WHEN DO THEY LEARN? UGLY WOMEN ARE NOT A GOOD MARKETING STRATEGY FOR FUCKS SAKE

that photo is outright fucking repulsive. an advertisement has failed if I feel discomfortable looking at it, even when I have the curiosity to specifically open up the photo for inspection. this will also bite TLOU2 in the ass big time since they no longer have a cute 14-year-old to sell the game with.

waiting to see what spyware is included.
>redshell.exe

You're fucking retarded

sorry i'd rather support the industry and not be a leech

I want the industry to die

yeah, lawbreakers is the epitome of marketable character design

gpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Nvidia-GTX-1660-vs-Nvidia-GTX-1070/4038vs3609
A 1660 is like an RX 590, basically just a higher clocked meme. A 1070 is around 35% faster than a 1060 and 20% faster than a 1660.
Do you really wanna spend double the money to go from a 1060 to a 1660 and get 5 more frames?
It is worth it for certain games. Going from a 4460 to a Xeon 1230 v3 gave me double the fps in BF1. Meanwhile in CoD:IW it barely helped with overall smoothness and performance because CoD really wants more cores to run smooth. In general 8 threads will really help you with most games that struggle with 4c4t.

>sorry I'd rather have them rape my already bleeding, gaping arsehole with even more DLC, microtransactions and special editions cuckery

based and redpilled

I'm sure ((((Ike McShekel)))) will personally thank you for supporting the industry as he's sitting on his pile of cash

>sorry i'd rather support the industry and not be a leech

Attached: 1555391221046.jpg (225x225, 7K)

It's funny how the minimum requirements get higher each year but the games look almost no better than they did 5 years ago.

i guess i'll have to go on without playing next-gen masterpieces such as RAGE 3 or [Ubisoft title] [number]

Is this one better?

Attached: D5k4HnXWsAMRETo.jpg (1280x720, 332K)

More games run at 60 on console than on your shit pc, if you want 60 on pc you have to set the shit to Minecraft graphics to get it.

I'll take graphics over framerate.

>I'll take graphics over framerate.
you are a part of the problem, cucklord

They made a pc in a Dreamcast shell that can run Rage 2. Totally epic

>Comes out in 3 days
>Barely any marketing
>No one is talking about it
It's still a game that no one asked for.

>More games run at 60 on console than on your shit pc
Like GTA V and Fallout 4?

???
literally every sony exclusive runs at 30fps

Point out where I contradicted myself. Point out how censorship is related to the topic

Lol I'm not black I don't play Sony.
Nice assumption though.

so you play xbox? what do you play at all then besides multiplats? same with nintendo

Attached: 1454696267948.png (850x850, 63K)

yet it runs on an xbox one from 2013

>too poor to even have a fucking 780

jesus user

Have sex

this is the best female character design in game right here

Attached: D5U0r-SWsAAWYml.jpg (1920x1080, 535K)

better with shit PC than being a wagecuck

moron

Sorry sweetie, I play (good) games not frame rates.

A lot of anons here are 3rd world poorfags just like /vint/ revealed them all. They're the biggest shitposters when it comes to console wars and pottbegging as well.
>but muh leafs
They're the biggest shitposters when it comes to politics.

>sweetie
cringe

t. retard who only looks at compressed 480p gameplay on jewtube
Not an excuse.

D44M combined with the Mad Max game and Fury Road.

>Not an excuse.
it is desu, I live in a shit country and can't get neetbux, not my fault society hates me

This game is ment to be a cash grab for nostalgia fags from 2011

Nothing that was shown yet was to be impressing.

>This game is ment to be a cash grab for nostalgia fags from 2011
???????

What the fuck are you talking about? You can go out and upgrade your PC to get a greater FPS. On console, you're stuck with the hardware

I'll echo the other user's sentiment.
??????????

It has very few similarities to the original Rage so I deem your comparison dishonest and illegitimate. Move along.

Imagine being at shit country

SeeYep, everything PC does but with better graphics and no stress of can my PC even play this?

Also.
>Halo
>Forza
>Gears
>State of Decay
>Ori

Yeah I like Halo and Gears, get upset about it. Please do it.

>delusional consolepleb is delusional
clockwork

Attached: cicero.jpg (400x300, 29K)

If I had a job I would buy this because it looks pretty good, I understand that Yea Forums is filled with teenager newfags trying to fit in by hating on everything but this has looked good to me since I knew it was made by avalanche and id, I really enjoyed Mad Max for what it was and loved DOOM to death.

Attached: MM Car 1.webm (853x480, 2.73M)

Posting more of my ancient Mad Max webms

Attached: MadMaxHarpoon.webm (853x480, 2.54M)

Are you a shitposter or legit stupid? Perhaps you are both, eh?

>Lists games that are all on PC
Also
>no stress of can my PC even play this?
Just because your computer is a piece of shit doesn't mean everybody's is.

Literally in a thread about "my pc can't play the new game"
>console delusion
clockwork

Attached: 1557376731078.jpg (2560x1440, 266K)

>asking if wojakposters are autistic

>Better graphics

Attached: 1551789256857.jpg (235x260, 16K)

Than just don't play games and smash your pc or console. Only niggers pirate games.

MM was pretty cool

No

Contender for the worst box art of 2019?

Attached: rage 22.jpg (1202x1325, 583K)

it's a lot more colourful and interesting than the
>person standing dramatically
that has been plaguing box arts for the past decade.

Agree. I like Rage 2 but this "art" sucks. Random screenshot with RAGE 2 logo would be better than this.

the only contender

Why couldn't these dumb fucks just use the idTech 6 engine? nuDoom and Cuckenstein run like a fucking dream with Vulkan on a GPU that's supposedly unsupported by this game.

>colourful
they're very ugly colours.

Yes le empowered womyn doing the söy face is so much better.

I don't think it's complete trash but I wish her face was either masked or she wasn't taking up most of the cover's space. I like the purple+yellow combo but her blue hair looks weird there

avalanche make games that run well. relax, babby

>modern videogames are either a competition to see how many shades of brown and grey you can spot or untolerable color vomit fiestas
What the fuck happened to going with one specific pallete in mind?

Attached: 1555529475114.png (350x350, 48K)

>GTX 780
>minimum
>runs well

kek

>empowered womyn
it's a crazy goon from the game
that you slaughter in droves
both male and female

It comes from the title and the withcoming memories, but yea. Anything else you want to say?

>late 2000s-early 2010s games were plagued with dull grey/brown color palettes
>modern games are plagued with random bright colors thrown together excessively
And thus, we have come full circle.

Just Cause 3 and 4 ran like shit for me. Mad Max ran really well but it's not like Avalanche have a great track record when it comes to PC performance.

Move along

It’s going to run at 900p 30fps on xboner

it's 2019. 780 is 6 years old. it's ok for that to be a minimum

werked fine for me =b

JC3 and 4 are supposed to be from a different studio than the one that made JC2. Mad Max and Rage 2 are by the JC2 studio. Also this game isn't running on id tech, but on Avalanche's engine, so I don't expect the shooting to be as good as Doom.

>no argument

Attached: .jpg (247x204, 14K)

>let's keep catering to old tech, that'll move things forward.

New boards have WIFI integrated. The upcoming console gen will have you upgrade.

It's not ok when games like Doom and Wolfenstein manage to run at 100+ fps on my RX470 which is less powerful than a 780, despite being newer. This game isn't pretty enough to justify a 780 as the minimum. It's just the devs being lazy fucks.

open world vs levels. doom will run better no matter what.

If it was running on idTech, an actually good engine, the minimum requirement wouldn't be so high.

Get a load of this lad

Avalanche Stockholm does. Avalanche New York made JC3 and 4 and they run like absolute shit.

pc gaming: where people will bitch about games not getting better graphically but also bitch about games having to work on old hardware.

Discord tranny detected

A cash grab, 8 years later, because it shares the title? You realize that nearly every single sequel in the world fucking shares the title of the preceding one. Do you even know what a cash grab is?

PC only has better graphics if you don't want 60fps.
If want 60fps then you have to set your shit to minecraft.

Doom had some pretty big areas, especially in the early levels when you're running around outside on Mars, and the frame rate was still rock solid. Wolfenstein 2 also had some very large areas that didn't make a huge dent on the frame rate. So the fact that RAGE 2 is open world is no justification for these requirements. People are saying "hurr durr it's a 6 year old card so it's fine" but that's retarded because there are examples of games still running perfectly on older GPUs and looking stunning. Clearly much better performance is doable but it's easier for devs not to optimize games and instead just tell you to go buy a new Gayman™ GPU.

What the fuck was RAGE anyway? I remember picking up a used copy of it for the 360 for like 5 bucks once, playing it for a few hours, and i never played it again.

>Just because your computer is a piece of shit doesn't mean everybody's is.

Nobody bitches about games not being better graphically on PC, games are better graphically.

lol

Come on user he's been baiting for the whole thread

You're assuming the minimum reqs are a hard limit though. For all we know, the game will have no issue running on cards older than that, as has been the case for many games that have been released.

All I'm assuming is that there's a reason the 780 is put as the minimum. I know it's not uncommon to be able to run games on GPUs that are below "minimum" requirements, but that usually means dealing with the game running like complete shit.

>Doom had some pretty big areas, especially in the early levels when you're running around outside on Mars
even open areas in a linear shooter can be cleverly blocked in a way that doesn't require other pieces of the world to be loaded in. An open world game has no such leverage

>always online singleplayer
Fine, the money stays in my wallet Bethescunts..

Hell yeah, a game thats title is based on its predecessor and offers absolutely nothing of relevance is a cash grab

bye bye mr butthurt

Attached: .gif (200x200, 948K)

has this been a problem since the 7th gen?

That's what I'm talking about though, most times the requirements list are bullshit. They just slap on the newest shit as the recommended and scale back a few years for the minimum. In reality the game will run just fine on older hardware. Studios don't regularly keep rigs with older hardware for the sole purpose of making sure their requirements list is accurate.

Open world games also use many tricks so that they don't have to load areas that aren't visible to you. This is the process of optimizing and you're acting as if it's impossible in open world games. I've noclipped around in Doom and had aerial views of pretty much the entire level yet the frame rate was still in the 100+ range. Now I'm not saying that every game needs to match these levels of performance. What I'm saying is, if a game that looks as good as Doom or Wolfenstein 2 runs at 120fps on an RX470, which is below minimum requirements for RAGE 2, then there's something wrong with RAGE 2.

If it's significantly different then it's good that an existing IP can be used to elevate a different type of game.
While it's fair to say that Prey 2017 having nothing to do with Prey hurt the game, it's still good that it could be made in the first place due to the IP existing.

>Hell yeah, a game thats title is based on its predecessor and offers absolutely nothing of relevance is a cash grab
You're fucking insane, man. What do you even mean by "offering relevance"?

weak bait user, you can play the game in offline mode

There's not necessarily something wrong with it just because it's not as exceptionally optimized as doom.

are you telling me the game will refuse to start if i use a 770?

Attached: 1557558400431.gif (240x386, 2.68M)

>cashgrab of a game no one cared about

>$150+ GPU is the minimum requirement
it's like they want the game to fail, that's almost the price of a fucking console.

sure, with 1 TB of megatextures.

>upgraded
>to a vega
Did you have a literal potato before? Fuck, I'd rather have a potato than an AMD gpu, at least the potato has a use.

Let me repeat one more time since you are clearly missing some words in my posts. I AM NOT EXPECTING THE SAME LEVEL OF PERFORMANCE AS DOOM. But if my GPU can handle Doom at 120fps at the absolute highest possible settings, then it should be able to handle this game at 60fps at medium settings. Yes that very same GPU is well below the "minimum" requirements for RAGE 2. That means there's something terribly wrong with the game and its optimization.

>tfw just bought a Vega 56
>tfw will use it to keep playing Melty Blood and RPGMaker Horror games like I do on my 820m
I might get this on sale but I'm on the fence about giving zenimax money

Attached: 1557056337784.png (300x287, 118K)

You keep on making this claim and yet you still don't know for sure it wouldn't run well on your card. Why are you like this?

Are you literally unable to read? Like I said, I assume there's a reason they put the 780 as the MINIMUM. Or do you think they're just ramping up the mimum requirements for shits and giggles while the game actually runs at 400fps on a 780? Do you think the requirements they put out are just there to fuck with people? It's an extremely reasonable assumption that if a 780 is listed as a minimum, the game will run like absolute shit on a GPU that's less powerful than a 780, if it runs at all.

I believe that they just scale back from the newest hardware and slap it as the minimum req as has been the case for many games that have come before. Funnily enough, even Doom and Wolf 2, which may as well be the holy grail of optimisation based on how much you're sucking their dicks, ran well on cards below their minimum reqs. The same was the case for JC2, Mad Max and theHunter too, which were made by this studio in particular. I'm not sure what else to add to this, so just enjoy being upset over your assumptions my man.

>Borderlands without the loot

Disgusting.

Attached: 1525904664914.jpg (6935x8681, 2.71M)