JRPG thread

Fuck Square, fuck Final Fantasy fags and fuck Sony shills. Let's get a real JRPG thread going. Starting off with a beloved classic.

Attached: Skies of Arcadia.jpg (620x465, 119K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=iyDylbJDOI8
youtube.com/watch?v=0F-hJjD3XAs
youtube.com/watch?v=_2SPVf_zaDA
youtube.com/watch?v=fDcjC0g3rSw&list=PL44BA2DDC90692AEF&index=1
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

When you play Eternal Arcadia in reverse, it's a story about a bunch of young pirates who start off on their own floating island, sky sail around the world, battle bad guys and flying monsters, and then return to their floating island.

>beloved classic
not with that disgustingly high random encounter rate.

SoA is pretty great but Grandia 2 is the superior Dreamcast JRPG for me.

Attached: G2.jpg (1920x1080, 273K)

I'm playing Tales of Vesperia
I also finished Octopath recently, but I didn't really like it. Very overrated around here imo

Attached: __patty_fleur_tales_of_series_and_etc_drawn_by_yuni_via_junk__c728b2ba1748da4b887f04adced94a1b.png (848x1200, 623K)

why did shadow hearts have to die. Was it because 3 was so shit?
Covenant was peak kino

Attached: 6489105.jpg (500x542, 87K)

I’m looking for a JRPG no longer than 30 hours that isn’t fantasy or fantasy with scifi elements. I’ve enjoyed a bunch of games from those genres but I need something different.

Capcom's world-building used to be elder-god tier. Used to be.

Attached: 1500632418006.jpg (639x297, 26K)

Say no more.

Attached: twewy.jpg (1270x720, 177K)

FFVII is still a masterpiece and I've been thinking of replaying it.

Please don't post breath of fire. It makes me too sad.

I've been replaying wild arms 3 recently and I just want to say FUCK the ariochs

Attached: 0da741ecd8ae52c89ad5338a8b3c9bf1.jpg (750x750, 530K)

Seems cool, thanks. Is this the sort of game where side content is important for getting the full picture or can I just stick to the main story?

There are some things that only get fully explained in files you can get in the postgame, but it makes sense for it to be that way since they require knowledge of what happened throughout the game and they would've spoiled everything if you could collect them as you went. The major stuff is explained in the main story itself.

There's a lot of post game content, including the ability to replay each day of the main story as much as you want. So you don't need to worry about missing anything. But if you just rush the main story the game can get pretty difficult towards the end if you play on anything above easy (you can change difficulty at any time in the menu though)

My absolute fucking nigger.

Attached: 1514337297615.png (584x520, 365K)

can i play 2 without playing 1? tried 1 a while back and wasn't enthralled but I hear 2's better

>Barracuda reaction image
WE BE MOTHERFUCKIN' SAAAAAILIN'

Covenant was shit too. So shit it literally retconned itself.

Ok, thanks for the heads up.

I finished Xenoblade 1 last week and I'm halfway through Xenoblade 2
Both games are giving me heavy nostalgic 90s JRPG vibes with their stories and characters, something I haven't really experienced in a JRPG in a long time.

Thinking of playing Threads of Fate next, how is it?

>Xenoblade 2
>not modern anime seasonal trash
Yikes

Been playing Xenoblade Chronicles 2 NG+ lately.

Looking forward to DQXI Switch.

Skies of Arcadia is an absolute classic.

Attached: 4AC6D6D1-55C0-4BCF-A657-0098D1D75F6A.jpg (496x712, 118K)

Everything about this post is pure cringe

I honestly just clicked this thread because of the Skies of Arcadia pic. Fucking fantastic game. Justlooking at those three makes me want to play it again.

>Shitting on Skies of Arcadia

>10 girls (and 1 guy) lusting after the Sky Fang
>Canon threesome ending
Vyse is the best

Attached: 1521836354701.png (629x234, 219K)

>Thinking of playing Threads of Fate next, how is it?
it's soundtrack is nice
youtube.com/watch?v=iyDylbJDOI8

Attached: Threads of Fate.png (640x637, 1008K)

?

Is that supposed to be funny?

Attached: 1448747649979.jpg (488x515, 60K)

Peak tomboy

I think he means the story is sort of circular (just swap Pirates' Island with Crescent Isle). The game even makes a point to make Shrine Island both the first dungeon and the start of the last one.

>Thinking of playing Threads of Fate next, how is it?
Not particularly impressive these days or anything.

Attached: Threads of Fate (USA)-181210-233654.png (1329x997, 1.29M)

I still don't like how they cannibalized the Delphinus at the end

Post your favorite ost
youtube.com/watch?v=0F-hJjD3XAs

>ixa’taka
My fuckin man.

I can’t perpsnally pick a favourite though, the game has too many fantastic tracks.
That said - holy shit why don’t more games do the layered music thing.
Like when you fly near Valua and the music gets the martial drums in the back, or you fly over Nasrad and it gets the Arabian twang.
Or the way the boss music has normal / you’re fucked / you’re winning modes.
Shit was so fantastic, and I can’t think of any games that did it so well.

I forget, they gave it back to Enrique, right? While Vyse's crew built an Albatross III for themselves.

I thought he just went back to sailing with Dyne.

You just did.
The entire soundtrack is boss though.

Attached: Skies of Arcadia Belleza.jpg (480x360, 17K)

Now that we're in a thread with a Eternal Arcadia OP pic, I realize XC2 gave me the same feels as playing Skies decades ago.

Attached: 140.jpg (514x536, 27K)

No, they used it to build the Albatross III. Don't get me wrong, I like the classic pirate aesthetic but it's a damn shame because the Delphinus was a fine ship.

>Show up to shithole town full of people who couldn't get through dark rift
>Verbally eviscerate barroom for mocking you not being pessimistic faggots like them
>>If you lose sight of one dream, replace it with another. Think about how much you could have accomplished in the time that you've spent here. Just because you couldn't cross the Dark Rift, are you just going to sit here for the rest of your life? Because you tried something once and failed, are you going to throw the rest of your life away? There's a whole world out there to see! Don't you have any desire to sail again?
>Proceed to shit on a Vaulan Admiral and then make it through the dark rift
>Whole town worships you

Is there a character more chad than Vyse? This game was like nothing but cool moments.

Attached: 1486685729042.jpg (568x432, 71K)

>still clinging to hope that there will be another Suikoden game in the near future

Attached: t-thanks.jpg (320x240, 33K)

There was a fantastic tribute to Skies in the Sega All Stars Racing. I actually complained to my friend when I watched him play it that there were Valuan ships just flying around the pirates not caring, but he told me to just keep watching. As race goes on, the battle around the level keeps intensifying.
youtube.com/watch?v=_2SPVf_zaDA

Attached: aika1.gif (220x300, 33K)

youtube.com/watch?v=fDcjC0g3rSw&list=PL44BA2DDC90692AEF&index=1

Unironically.

New SaGa game when?