Wow this game is really

Poorly designed

It's like if Duke Nukem 3D was about throwing stuff around corners to avoid fast firing hitscan enemies - what fucking garbage

moddb.com/mods/duke-nukem-alien-armageddon/downloads/alien-armageddon-215

Attached: blood box.jpg (640x769, 40K)

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.nz/#F!QXIk1bjB!NHRWGIfjcc77PyGgRlga4Q
moddb.com/mods/duke-nukem-alien-armageddon/downloads/alien-armageddon-215
youtube.com/watch?v=fBJYhiAs4Js
beanz.neocities.org/wads/
web.archive.org/web/19991012153231/http://sierrastudios.com/games/half-life/overview.html
youtube.com/watch?v=M0ycalKy91o
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Nobody cares about your mod dude.

> the game is poorly designed because I don't like how the explosives work

Attached: image.jpg (500x375, 129K)

It's the over reliance on them that's the problem for me - direct combat with cultists will chew your ass up

get gud

If you go prone they have a harder time hitting you

also its not really meant to be run a gun type of game. It's slow paced atmospheric horror themed shooter.

>If you go prone they have a harder time hitting you

I'll try it, thanks - but does that mean I'm gonna have to crawl through the entire game?

>also its not really meant to be run a gun type of game.

Then why do so many numales love it? DN3D easily is a lot more fun.

>It's slow paced atmospheric horror themed shooter.

Uh... no. The game comes to a crawl when you have to fight zombies with a melee, but otherwise it's just a badly designed Build game

This opinion is unadulterated zoomer ignorance. Blood has excellent gameplay, unlike Duke which people only like for his humor.

>Blood has excellent gameplay

It really doesn't - it's just savescumming garbo.

>unlike Duke which people only like for his humor.

I like Duke for its gameplay, are you a fucking faggot?

>Blood has excellent gameplay
This.

>unlike Duke
And you lost me. Duke has amazing gameplay. Every gun feels great. The enemies are nuanced and can do like 3 different things each, the levels are interesting. That's just a fucking lie.

Disagree with you on Blood, nothing feels satisfying in Blood (the shotgun would be great... if it actually worked on zombies)

Even the basic pistol in Duke Nukem 3D is not only satisfying to use, but it's still great late game.

Attached: Duke Nukem pistol animation .webm (444x276, 470K)

Okay dumbass

>slow-paced
uhh no, Blood is probably the fastest paced of the build games, the difference is that instead of run 'n gun, you crouch 'n bounce. You bomb corners and jump around like a mad man

fucking MOVE, strafe, crouch, jump, most importantly kill FAST

Yeah I know, but I open the door in DN3D, I have a chance to fight back - even against the games most bullshit enemies

Blood's most bullshit enemies? Cultists that instantly fire on you the second you open a door

Again, it's much easier to just throw TNT from where they can't see you.

This, no wonder The Fag doesn't like the game, he's complaining about how slow it is lmao what the fuck.

Attached: image.jpg (632x479, 147K)

are you playing on the highest difficulties? that's where it slows to a crawl, since they're designed more around co-op and you're soloing it. I'd recommend customising it to have Extra Crispy enemy counts with Lightly Broiled enemy hp+dmg, idk if the remaster has difficulty customization, but bloodgdx does.

That's exactly how I'm playing

>idk if the remaster has difficulty customization, but bloodgdx does.

It do

git gud

I did though

Attached: duke achievements.png (928x1342, 193K)

well then I dunno, skill3 with skill5 placements was perfect for me. you could try tuning down the dmg to skill2 or something though I think that's kinda silly. or try skill1 hp with skill5 dmg. fucking customise it to what you enjoy.

Fair enough

But it did really make me appreciate how the most common enemy in Duke Nukem 3D wasn't a hit scanner with a fast firing weapon that you can dodge with good strafing

And even the pig cops didn't throw things at me

It's not slow paced at all.

>nothing feels satisfying in Blood
What is:
>tossing a bundle of tnt around a corner and killing everything with that
>the game's platforming
>alt-firing the flare gun and taking out 10 zombies at once
>what is properly kicking a decapitated head right where you want it

Die.
I agree with you on the weapons (to an extent) and the enemies but the levels are often bland, either in their artistic design, layout, combat scenarios, or a mix of those.

Its the best shooter ever made, eat a lit stick of dynamite.

No that's still Duke 3D

Worse movement, worse levels, worse enemies, and worse weapons.

I think all the Build games are pretty cool and worth playing :) RR too

Attached: build.png (1600x1035, 2.22M)

Hollywood Holocaust is an iconic level for a reason, on par with Doom's E1M1

What's iconic in Blood? Literally fucking nothing lol

Redneck Rampage > Blood and Shadow Warrior

Ion Maiden is for numales

>dis nigga is such a filthy casual and now he's assmad that he got teabagged by the first cultist he met
Are you familiar with the old expression GIT GUD?

>(the shotgun would be great... if it actually worked on zombies)
Which is why you use the alt-fire to fire both barrels at once.
How bad at games are you?

Who wants some wang?

>Redneck Rampage > Blood and Shadow Warrior
now I know this is bait.

Attached: 1533172067025.gif (480x360, 365K)

I did get good

>Wasting ammo on zombies

Why? They're at most an annoyance

RR is great doe and I like it better than SW and what I've played of Blood so far

Attached: duke achievements.jpg (928x1342, 200K)

>>Wasting ammo on zombies
>running out of shotgun ammo
Holy shit you're the worst player ever

The best build game is Powerslave/Exhumed and you know it.

Attached: Powerslave EX.webm (720x405, 2.86M)

I'm doing fine on ammo, but Blood is just poorly designed for me having to waste both barrels on a basic bitch zombies.

Attached: sg blood.png (1345x558, 240K)

Hollywood Holocaust is fine, but its not anything special. its outclassed by the first level of Shadow Warrior for fucks sake and Blood laps it with cradle to grave and beats anything in Duke Nukum by the train.

Also E1M1 isn't even good you fucking child. It took me more time to shit out this reply to your retarded post than it takes to beat it.

Here's a link to a bunch of retro FPS games. The Blood remaster is under "KEX" for those who want it.
mega.nz/#F!QXIk1bjB!NHRWGIfjcc77PyGgRlga4Q

>Why? They're at most an annoyance
clearly not when you bitch about not being able to one shot them.

>poorly designed
You're supposed to get them to crowd together and then blast them with a bundle of TNT.
Most of the fun in this game is finding out how to efficiently kill everything in sight.

Attached: sfvulm9Wfe4oHvXbia0GMHs9YcCukSDSydLEqyn-vo8.jpg (774x767, 67K)

>Dude like GTA: San Andreas suxxors. You know the best open world game? Saints Row 4 because dude giant purple dildo lmao!!!1

This is your post my dude.

I know it hurts having those unused neurons firing off after so long as you try to piece a way to beat the zombies, but you’ll have to eventually realize its not the game widely considered a classic and still has a following decades later that’s bad, its you.

>poorly designed for me having to waste both barrels
what? why? then blow them up with TNT or set a couple of flares on them and forget them

Attached: Capture.png (234x39, 20K)

>You're supposed to get them to crowd together and then blast them with a bundle of TNT.

So like I said, this game is just a bad Duke 3D with an overreliance on throwables

Bad games can have cult followings

Blood is The Room of Build engine games, except its fans don't realise it

Attached: mark room strange these days.jpg (1280x720, 42K)

Thanks OP - i've never played Blood before but your post made me go buy it from gog.

I tricked your faggot ass because I bought this mainly to support Nightdive

throwables are legitimate weapons just like shootiemafooties and are arguably more satifying to use. I guess you dislike voodoo doll and life leech too? life leech kinda blows though

playing it on Lightly Broiled is alright, you can still have fun there. Well Done and above is just a nightmare and if you miss a corner a hitscanner will cut off 70 hp in 0.3 seconds.
going through it again for the first time in forever is really fun though. Jumping around like a lunatic and clearing rooms still feels great but I'll be fucked if it doesn't feel like cultists through 10x more dynamite in Fresh Supply.

Well now everyone knows you’re actually trolling.

>overreliance on throwables
And Duke3D is bad because of it's over reliance on gimmick weapons.
Liking Duke3D over blood is like liking Wolf3D over Doom. It's just being contrarian without justification.
The sound, atmosphere, gunplay and level design in Blood blows literally everything Duke3D does out of the water.

>buying it when there's a link not 5 posts above you with everything
ouitard

Attached: 4ktv0yvid0t21.jpg (720x540, 37K)

Bullshit. The Build engine version of the Powerslave is mediocre as fuck. It's the SlaveDriver version, which Powerslave EX is based on, that's the good one.

>the best shooter ever made
You called?

Attached: 3907-doom-dos-front-cover.jpg (800x1207, 285K)

>And Duke3D is bad because of it's over reliance on gimmick weapons.

This is stupid because none of the weapons in Duke 3D are gimmicks - they're all useful

The game is kinda poorly designed, and I am being unironic as possible here, despite its good qualities (the atmosphere and music, though I prefer Duke's, still), and I bought it to support Nightdive remasters (who also did Turok 1 and 2)

>He's still shilling alien armageddon
Every build engine thread you turn up.
Also git gud. Blood is the best build engine game out there.

Well Done is entirely for multiplayer and people who forget that deserve the shit sandwich they're walking into.

>Also git gud. Blood is the best build engine game out there.

"Troll 2 is the best movie ever!"

NILBOG - THAT'S BLOOD SPELLED BACKWARDS

Why are you fucks falling for the obvious retard baiting in this thread?

>Different opinion? TROLL!!!1 BAIT!!!1

I'm sorry if I don't have the nostalgia for Blood like you do, I'm judging it on its own merits of the Build engine games of the time

Here's how I'd rate them:

Duke Nukem 3D > Redneck Rampage > Shadow Warrior = Blood

>moddb.com/mods/duke-nukem-alien-armageddon/downloads/alien-armageddon-215
Bloated Garbage.

The nightdive remaster isn't that good. I'm not sure if you can use BloodGDX with it, but if you can play it in that.
>none of the weapons in Duke 3D are gimmicks
>What is the shrink ray, expander and microwave gun
The fact the game has those weapons AND throwables should prove that Duke3D is basically the worst game of all time in your standards.

If seen your posts in this thread and it seems like video games is the least of your problems, jesus christ.

What a shitty opinion.

I've*

>If seen your posts

Nice one, retard

Does the remaster make at least something with hitscanners?

Doom was great but was outclassed eventually. Blood is better but only because it stands on the shoulders of Doom like every other FPS worth half a shit.

Trying to claim that the father of the holy trinity of build engine games is bad means you’re a genuine retard or a troll. Either way, go eat a bullet.

>The nightdive remaster isn't that good

Seems fine to me - plus Nightdive is great at patching games.

>>What is the shrink ray, expander and microwave gun

Late game weapons that have no bearing on the basic weapon set - TNT is meant to be used ALL THE FUCKING TIME

Coming from a Blood fan that doesn't bother me

No it's still a shit game if the original had a problem with hitscanners

Attached: duke score screen.jpg (500x865, 83K)

So hows the new port?
Is it good enough to spend 10 bucks on?

>ouitard
I've gotr enough pirated games that spending the 7 bongs makes it worth it.

Check the mega link a few posts up and try it yourself.

>TNT is meant to be used ALL THE FUCKING TIME
And why is that a bad thing other than you're bad at video games?

5 bucks if you own original, and just dl it for free above and see for yourself

You should buy it to support Nightdive even if the game isn't very good

Maybe I shouldn't be so mean, as Blood and SW are better than modern shooters, but compared to its contemporary Duke Nukem 3D (which also came first), they both get outclassed

Here's how I know DN3D is a good game while Blood and Shadow Warrior are more poorly designed: I can play good chunks of episodes of DN3D without save scumming, meanwhile, I have to savescum everytime I turn a corner in SW and Blood

Attached: ion maiden duke jesus.jpg (1111x1109, 314K)

It has THE best shotgun in gaming history.
TNT never ceases to be fun.
Tommy is just rip & tearrr!

>That image
Death Wish is the best build engine mod

When did bad design become synonymous with fair difficulty?

Blood shotty is satisfying, except for how it doesn't work on one of the games most basic enemies (the zombos), which I then have to whip out my pitchfork for and the game slows to a crawl

>SW and Blood are bad because I'm not very good at them
lol
Opinion discarded.
>You should buy it to support Nightdive even if the game isn't very good
eat shit and die you bootlicker.

Attached: 1556621835139.jpg (395x1024, 60K)

>It has THE best shotgun in gaming history.

Attached: doom-shotgun.jpg (825x464, 26K)

In its current state it's terrible. You're better of using nBlood or BloodGDX.

Your argument that Blood is worse than Duke Nukum 3D hinges on the proof that you’re worse at it? i was joking when I told you to eat a bullet last time, but now I mean it.

Except you have people literally in this thread saying the the game on its hardest difficulty was badly designed and meant for co-op

Why music suddenly stops in nBlood n why is there no screenshots in loading screen?

Cringe post from a cringe fan of a cringe game. (Dude bloody guts that turn into bloodier guts and horror movie rip off lines, and also randomly ripping off Simpsons lines lmao)

It knocks them on their ass or kills them outright you lying sack of shit. I know you struggle with basic concepts like weapon switching and enemy management but its not that hard.

It wasn't badly designed but it was literally meant for co-op you brain dead waste of breathing space.

>(Dude bloody guts that turn into bloodier guts and horror movie rip off lines, and also randomly ripping off Simpsons lines lmao)
Dude ripping off 80s film lines, bubblegum and ass amirite?

Fuck off retard

well how are the zoomies supposed to know there's multiplayer in pre-2010 games?

>It knocks them on their ass or kills them outright you lying sack of shit.

Yeah but I'd prefer if they were dealt with the games optimal way - shotty just ain't any good (even though it should be)

Another problem with the game: RNG

Sometimes when I save scum, I get a full regalia of ammo from the cultists - then I do it again, I get 0 ammo from them -

This is genuinely shit design

How is "overuse" of TNT bad design?

>doesn't work on one of the games most basic enemies (the zombos)
Alt-fire then you retard. If you're so opposed to using TNT (which was made to dispatch large groups of enemies) then you only brought it upon yourself.

Yeah. The game is too hard on that difficulty but again it's designed for multiplayer and get's way easier with a friend or too. The game is perfectly balanced on the step below it for singleplayer though.

I don't think there's an original line in Duke Nukem either friend.

Attached: tx4l8k5jkmw21.jpg (1024x725, 79K)

Git gud

Wait, so it wasnt an unreal 4 remake they were doing?!

Attached: 76EDC725-5076-4E39-9368-81DFE318218C.jpg (1953x2046, 393K)

>Blood is cringeworthy because it’s filled with horror references and shitty self-referential jokes, not like my favorite game Duke Nukem, which is filled with action movie references and shitty self referential jokes

I honestly hate you for trolling.

>This is genuinely shit design
Git gud.

>beat Blood twice on well done
>never figured out crouching
wtf was this explained in the manual or am I DSP tier? Does it work in other build games?

Get some anger management

>How is "overuse" of TNT bad design?

Because I prefer fighting enemies, not throwing things around corners - Duke Nukem 3D excels at this

I did get good

>Get some anger management
>No actual rebuttal
Typical troll.

aalright Yea Forums
which is better
dick kickem 3d or fucking doom
and why

Hey Bloodfags, here's something you can't do: Use melee and a weapon

Dick Kickem purely because of the platforming - I'd love to see a redesigned Doom 1 and 2 with a jetpack/jumping in mind

Attached: duke foot.jpg (1280x720, 243K)

Serious sam.

Doom

>have to exploit crouching to break the game when it was never intended to have you crawl through the whole game

>spamming dynamite, particularly around corners, just to stay alive is good game design

Blood is by far the best build engine game, and a contender for best FPS game ever made.
Fite me faggets

>Because I prefer fighting enemies, not throwing things around corners
Thanks for proving you didn't play the game.
>waah I can't just run in blindly into every room and hitstun every enemy until they die waaah
Git.
Gud.

Doom.
Ease of modding, fast paced, better level design.

Hey DukeFag, here's something you can't do: Have fun gameplay.

I know weapon switching is hard to comprehend sometimes, but you really need to stop blaming the game for your failures to develop mentally as a person. The shotgun isn't the optimal weapon in Blood, none of them are. They’re all useful in different ways and you should be switching between them frequently depending on circumstances, enemy type, environment, and ammo availability.

Blood > SW > Duke3D

Based.

>>Blood is by far the best build engine game
>Can't use melee and a gun at the same time or navigate levels with a jetpack

Sorry Blood, you lose again

You know Duke 3D solved this problem of weapon switching, right?

Attached: duke melee.jpg (1920x1080, 333K)

Doom, the only person who says orherwise is the retard who made this thread.

Doom

Give me one (1) reason why Blood is better than DOOM.

>Blood > SW > Duke3D

Genuinely a shit opinion that only modern day numales have

Or people who can handle things like platforming in first person, numale.

Doom isn't a build engine game, you moron

>and a contender for the best FPS game ever made
DOOM is an FPS game.

>You know Duke 3D solved this problem of weapon switching, right?
By making every weapon feel the exact same?

>>Can't use melee and a gun at the same time or navigate levels with a jetpack
Gimmicky game breaking bullshit instead of competent design.

Blood is too hard for Numales. Duke3D is easy baby shit.

Attached: brjvnpscnrp21.jpg (576x768, 65K)

Duke 3D is the epitome of söy repellent.

>fast paced,
they are almost equaly fast, and duke is faster if you take steroids
>better level design

Attached: 1401534376539.jpg (1600x1600, 101K)

>Duke3D is easy baby shit.
Unironically this

>>Blood is too hard for Numales. Duke3D is easy baby shit.
>"M-M-MUH DIFFICULTY" is the only reason Bloodfags can defend their shit game (and the difficulty stems from bad game design)

You know Sonic 1, 2 and 3 are harder than Super Mario World (also due to bad game design - are Blood fans Sonicfags?), but I'd rather play SMW than any Sonic game any day of the week

Attached: super mario world.jpg (384x266, 14K)

>Bringing nintendo wahoo games into the discussion
>calling anyone else s o y
Lmao

Git gud.

Attached: Sonic Mania -Green Hill Zone.webm (800x450, 2.81M)

Weapon switching in Blood isn't a problem to be solved you asswhipe, its a fucking gameplay element that actually makes the game better.

Which was better in Blood. Doom at least has good level design and doesn't waste my time with gimmick weapons and power-ups and sucking itself off, which Duke spends too much time doing.

Nu-males hate Nintendo.

what makes you think that?

Duke3D is made for people who want to be cool instead of people who are cool.

Because Sonic has shit design like Duke Nukem. Wholly based on being fast as fuck but not having any fun level design. Sonic, like Duke3D is roadblock after roadblock while Blood allows you to go as fast as your skills allow you to.

Attached: 1556163740051.gif (388x470, 807K)

Not an argument

Not an argument

The only thing hard about Blood is that their fanboys Die Hard, with a vengeance

>Doom at least has good level design

LMAO - Sandy Petersen says hi

Attached: hans-gruber.jpg (500x322, 10K)

What the fuck are you talking about? What is even your argument? Why bring up Sonic out of all things? You're just spouting your shitty opinions.

In what world?

>Nu-males hate Nintendo.
Are you retarded? Have you lived under a rock for the past decade?

Blood fanboys confuse "I got used to bad design" with "this game is actually well designed"

Blood is poorly designed, even if it has some good things about it (aesthetics, etc)

I can handle a hard game if it's fair, but if it's bullshit and poorly designed,

Attached: cuphead achieveos.png (999x836, 182K)

*I can handle a hard game if it's fair, but if it's bullshit and poorly designed, I'll call it out

It's clear to me that Blood is a sacred cow that needs a good whipping in front of its retarded fanboys

I want to play build engine games, but for some reason they make me noxious. I think its the head bob.

Don't play them in 16:9, that might help

Attached: GitGud.jpg (480x360, 21K)

That might be it. That was a big problem with Blue Sphere in Sonic Mania.

>l-look how good at other game I am that isn't even the same genre!
I'm pretty dogshit at Dark Souls but that bears no relevance on how good I am at Blood. Blood is the epitome of "Hard but Fair." Git gud.

Attached: D5dOLjhWkAEGe99.png large.png (1158x1190, 81K)

Took until E2M3 before I got stuck hunting keys. There's a fucking switch next to the frozen hot tub that I missed. I knew I remembered that you could dive into that thing, tried dynamiting it but nothing happened. Fuck being a brainlet with bad memory.

It's not really unfair unless you really crank the difficulty and even then it's just that you have to play slower than what you're used to. I'm only in the middle of episode 2 in my replay so by the time I get to the endgame stuff I might show up in the threads and wholly agree with you though.

Nice to see the obnoxious faggots from Dark Souls have rubbed off negatively on other fanbases

>Blood is the epitome of "Hard but Fair."

*Open door*
*Cultits on the otherside that hitscan you in 0.01 seconds*
"WOW BRO SO FAIR"

I do love how the "git gud" meme spawned from one of the easiest games ever, btw - I bet only 10% of Soulsfags could beat NGB, a game that's actually difficult but fair

Hope it works - I'd feel bad if you couldn't play Duke 3D (the others you could skip)

Appreciate the honesty and not spergery

Attached: ngb.jpg (352x499, 79K)

Appreciate the honesty and not hostile spergery

Git gud.

Attached: NinjaGaidenBlack-Ryu.webm (720x480, 2.72M)

>spew shitty opinions
>wow why is everyone so hostile to me? Everyone else is the problem

Git Gud.
>open door
>either die and use your adult brain to realize you shouldn't stand in the open after opening a door or be prepared with a faceful of napalm
Again, you're comparing your skills in a game in another genre. You being good at Ninja Gaiden bares no fucking relevance on this conversation shitposter.

Attached: mmSMofRTctQcTO22Pu3ZpUR5iEvL9kHr2WakbHZuvdk.jpg (640x631, 39K)

Attached: vergil_disdain_for_plebs.jpg (719x832, 110K)

>Shows a webm of yourself losing

I don't see the point

Opinions can't be shitty (unless they're yours)

Why can't Bloodfags be honest and just spew hostility when they're exposed to facts?

It's a fact that Blood's most common enemy is a fast firing hitscan enemy that takes huge chunks of health, while Duke Nukem 3D's most common enemy is a slow to fire projectile thrower

Not opinions - FACTS

It's basically the todd macfarlane version of shadow warrior. A duke 3d mod made solely to fap out the protagonist.. redneck rampage is the hick version

>except for how it doesn't work on one of the games most basic enemies (the zombos),
you can literally 1-hit headshot them away.
Still, just use the fucking TNT.

>Still, just use the fucking TNT.

What's the fun in that? I went to confront my enemies and kick them in the face, not do it from corners where they can't see me.

Is anyone gonna argue that these guys are worse than the cultists in Blood?

The cultists in Blood are overpowered for no fucking reason

>redneck rampage is the hick version

Also better than Blood

Attached: dn3d01.jpg (540x338, 24K)

There's a bunch of bugs and issues that'll get patched hopefully, but there's also a few good additions and features. I like the new customizable difficulty, and the voxel-rendered sprites.

What difficulty are you playing on? On lightly broiled and below you should be able to run and gun everywhere except for near large groups of enemies.

>Also better than Blood
It was blood with a drunk mechanic.
a hilarious drunk mechanic

Again, you're spewing shitty opinions and nobody in the thread likes them. Why are you surprised?

>Blood's most common enemy is a fast firing hitscan enemy that takes huge chunks of health
So git gud, you have a number of weapons to deal with the situation and almost always you can use the environment to your advantage to establish some sort of barrier. Also cultists don't shoot immediately so you do have time to shoot them first.

>while Duke Nukem 3D's most common enemy is a slow to fire projectile thrower
That's why duke is so boring and easy compared to blood.

Again, you'll see most people here prefer Blood so don't be surprised if everyone thinks you're trolling (which you are)

Yes, BLOOD's shotgun IS better than Doom's.

Attached: blood train shotgunning.webm (640x480, 2.96M)

>(the shotgun would be great... if it actually worked on zombies)
It's here I realize that this is ultrabait, how the fuck can you claim the shotgun is bad against zombies???

You know you can toss tnt wherever you want, right? Literally the first enemies you kill are the zombies after you open the crypt and you toss a bundle of tnt at them. No different than your pic other than you have to time your shot.

Fair enough. Blood's design is something you have to accept, even if you don't necessarily appreciate it. Like the doors you mentioned. You learn pretty quickly how the game likes to fuck you so when you open a door... you also move out of line of sight. Doesn't work in tight elevators, but that's what your arsenal is for. Tommy Gun/Tesla Cannon spray.

RR has novelty value that's for sure. I wish it was better designed overall but it's still a pretty good time for the most part.

Yeah you know whats up

youtube.com/watch?v=fBJYhiAs4Js

STOPPIN' OFF AT THE TRUCK STOP EARTH, LOOKIN' FOR SOME FOOD TO EAT

>That's why duke is so boring and easy compared to blood.

There are harder enemies in Duke 3D you fucking sperg

>Again, you'll see most people here prefer Blood so don't be surprised if everyone thinks you're trolling (which you are)

I'm not, but hey, get triggered

Pitchfork is more optimal with dealing with zombies, so the shotty is shitty against zombos

>You know you can toss tnt wherever you want, right?

Yes, but that's so fucking boring

Attached: dukeaa.jpg (400x256, 40K)

It's meh. The strongest selling point is the easy to manage and play multiplayer imo. They still have tons of issues they should get to fixing.

prioritize cultists with the shotguns and explosives, zombies are fodder to be dodged

Why? Sure you can use the pitchfork to minimize any waste of ammo but on any episode save for the first ammo will never be an issue.

>Yes, but that's so fucking boring
So go play Duke, stop sperging out about Blood and making shitty threads.

More webms.

Buy it to support Nightdive - they do good work

>zombies are fodder to be dodged

This is why Blood isn't very satisfying - zombies should be fun enemies to dispatch, but they're not.

You might be right, but I don't like the idea of playing loose with my ammo in a build game.

t b h I had fun with blood and like it but the criticism is legit. playing the whole game crouching and spamming tnt sucks. that's not a good rebuttal to criticism of the game.

Hate getting into internet arguments when I have shit to do.
>click
>boom
WOW FUN
>click, hold
>boom
wow this isn't fun.
The TNT works almost exactly like the rocket launcher except with even more options as to how you use it.

Attached: o629tuxuu4u21.jpg (432x768, 31K)

No it's poorly designed because of instant hitscan enemies everywhere that immediately do 50% of your health.

And the only way to avoid this is through trial and error gameplay and literally learning where every enemy in the map is. No other FPS works like this

You can play a Doom map or Quake map or Duke map on the hardest difficulty and not get killed 15 times by cheap hitscan bullshit

>Blood should be what I want it to be, not what it is.
Bait

I did, that's why I posted my opinion on it. Even got it twice, on steam and gog just to see how active the mp was on both versions as for some retarded reason gog and steam users can't play together(yet hopefully).

Jesus fucking christ! What's going on here!? I though we all agreed on the fact that all Build Engine games were great whether it would be Blood, Duke or SHWarrior.
And now we're all acting like autists because some attention-whore incel wanted to promote his shitty mod.

Attached: 1550155203774.jpg (409x427, 36K)

>Thought that webm was of someone good at Blood
>It's just somebody abusing the invincibility power up

OH NO NO NO NO - BLOODFAGS EXPOSED

My homie, thank you.

And yes I think Blood is fun - but only just so much.

It's a good thing Duke 3D has more weapons than the RPG then

Like something similar to the TNT in Blood but better - but hmmm, what could that be???

Attached: heston laughing.jpg (251x240, 5K)

>You might be right, but I don't like the idea of playing loose with my ammo in a build game.
Well then it's your personal autism that's ruining your fun, not the games design.

Fresh Supply came out so Blood is a somewhat hot topic for baitposting right now, give it a month and it'll die down

>zombies should be fun enemies to dispatch, but they're not.
I disagree, blowing up zombies with TNT or napalm feels great. Especially when they clump up.

>some attention-whore incel wanted to promote his shitty mod.
Lmao, I don't think anyone who took one look at that mess would download it.

THEY'RE ALL THE SAME. BLOOD, DUKE, RR, SHADOW WARRIOR. THEY'RE THE SAME FUCKING GAME BUT RESKINNED. STOP ARGUING, WHO GIVES A SHIT.

Duke Nukem 3D is probably the most influential game of all time, besides Doom. It took me a while to properly wrap my head around all the innovations it put out, but it was incredibly satisfying knowledge to learn about everything that Doom cannot do and Quake doesn't do to such a degree that it deserves the status. It's all so much ahead of the curve and it wasn't properly understood by the public until Half-Life 1 (which is like a fan tribute to Duke 3D) took it in a new direction.

Attached: douk_nouk_kem_by_zostwolf-db0xry8.png (752x1063, 323K)

blood is overrated
ion maiden sucks
duke 3d is king

They all play differently, though.

Attached: DoukVsQuake.png (977x172, 17K)

Attached: BLOOD extreme gameplay - optimized 1.webm (640x480, 2.76M)

They are the same at the core but all very differently designed
Imo
Duke = Blood > SW >>> RR though all of them are enjoyable in their own ways

ask the average gamer nowadays what they think about duke3d and they'll tell you it's "shitty doom with funny character"

I ain't even touching it, I can tell you that much.

Attached: blood - zombie shootan shotgu.webm (640x480, 2.86M)

That's mostly because of the engine IMO. Doom just so happened to be a tech demo with phenomenal gameplay while Quake stayed as a tech demo in my opinion.
I don't think anyone is discounting the technical achievements of the game.

Attached: 9mpbj0avf3w21.jpg (334x767, 56K)

Not really though.

I FUCKING LOVE ALL THESE OLD SHOOTERS AND THEY'RE ALL GREAT GO FUCK YOURSELF IF YOU DISAGREE

>not using that life seed bonus to rush the reflective shots with akimbo shotguns
BORING

So it is in fact someone from Instacuck then...

I do not respect the average pleb.

Doom and Duke both put the tech to extremely good use. It's actually very difficult for me to properly comprehend how smart and well design the levels for Duke 3D was in 1995/6 was for using completely new and original tech. There is so much that you can do with the engine and the designers somehow made it all work in a very organic and defining manner. As good as Duke is, I still believe that the surface has only just been scratched for what is possible.

Does anyone have glitches in Cryptic passage in Fresh Supply ?

Attached: anuket_x64_2019_05_10_15_39_12_301.png (2560x1440, 1.66M)

The only people who enjoy Blood are people who have played every level 20 times and have learned literally every enemy and secret. They DIDNT enjoy the game when they first were playing through and dying 20 times a level to that cultist behind that door or that cultist on that ledge that's out of sight but kills you instantly.

Where as everyone else enjoys every other FPS that's challenging but fair and that you can play through blind and actually enjoy

Attached: anuket_x64_2019_05_11_12_57_44_837.png (2560x1440, 2.09M)

there's cheat codes if you suck dumbass

Looks like it's time to update my filters.

Kill yourself faggot, you've been spamming this same garbage for fucking years.

Attached: Yikes.jpg (1920x4149, 1.58M)

Is there a cheat code to make the cultists not the worst most broken enemy in a 90's FPS?

Wow, op is literally cancer

Yeah
git gud

go play your duke mod
s**e

>Sonic has bad game design

Imagine being this shit at games.

Any games recommendations similar to Duke Caribbean and Pirate Doom?

Attached: 1554968458091.png (600x600, 500K)

I just beat the carnival level and I'm having a blast.
I can't believe I dropped this after 1 level all those years ago

The average gamer hasn’t played either game.

Also Quake is the best shooter, don’t @ me about it.

Ever notice how all the cool interactive shit in Duke is pretty much in episode 1?

It gets less and less as you go through the game which is a shame. I don't know about build mapping but making really interactive shit must be hard cus anytime you play a usermap and get excited that switches and buttons and doors and shit will be interactive they aren't.

Golden Souls + Golden Souls 2 my dude

Blood
Painkiller
Quake 1
High Noon Drifter for Doom
My cowboy addon thing for Doom
beanz.neocities.org/wads/

Attached: 1556851464750.png (1280x1280, 527K)

since this release is pretty popular, think they'll ever take a stab at Blood 2? Might be too much work for a shitty game. I remember buying it as a kid being hyped for a sequel to Blood but I couldn't even beat it because of the crashes (also it was shit and I didn't like playing it).

played the whole thing with the Extra Crispy mod 15 years later and that game is still a fucking mess.

>Ever notice how all the cool interactive shit in Duke is pretty much in episode 1?
No, because it isn't at all. All of the episodes use tons of the scripted features of the engine. Floor shaking, walls exploding, geometry changing, elaborate moving parts, etc are an example of the interactivity in Duke that isn't done in Doom. Having props that makes Duke Nukem speak a soundclip is nice, but it's actually one of the easiest things you can do in the engine.

Marathon is better

Shadow Warrior had more gameplay innovations than Blood. It had ladders, vehicles and turrets, which Blood did not. If you look up some credits and descriptions of Half-Life 1 from the 1990s, you'll see that Duke Nukem 3D and Shadow Warrior are both listed as an influence on Half-Life, but Blood is not.

requiem avenging angel has broken enemies too. hitscan enemies that could kill you in an instant without you even knowing what happened. unlike blood though, you keep getting power ups and such to deal with the difficulty. people who praise blood just say the same thing - crouch and spam tnt.

Proof:

web.archive.org/web/19991012153231/http://sierrastudios.com/games/half-life/overview.html

cybermage is underrated, that game has vehicles, shops, etc. and is never ever brought up.

jup

That's why I liked Redneck Rampage back in the day even though the gameplay's pure shit. Duke immediately takes a detour so that you can wander through alien corridors with those annoying drones for way too long, but RR never lets up and lets you go bowling, visit a racetrack, drive a hovercraft and all that good interactive build engine shit.
And does duke have a cuss pack? Didn't think so. Checkmate, dukefags.

Pretty good Build engine game. You could take control of vehicle-mounted machine guns and have fellow soldiers follow you. At some points it was also possible to call in airstrikes... cool!
youtube.com/watch?v=M0ycalKy91o

Yeah it is a nice feeling

But it feels like the core tactic of the game

>(9 downloads today)

OH NO NO NO NO

Get dunked on, bitch

Same engine, but different game design. There's so much that can change based on what weapons/inventory and what enemies they throw you up against

>All that fucking hiding

LMAO - and he only starts moving at the end when he's fighting zombies - jesus christ bloodfags

Stop spamming your shitty mod you cancer

See: Duke 3D has plenty of interactive elements all the way to the end

>people hating on Blood
The fuck?
It's the best build engine game to exist.
It doesn't have any bad episodes unlike duke3d which had fucking episode 2.

Episode 2 is fine though - the fuck?

Just to annoy anons i'm going to buy ion maiden.

Drones user, lots of fucking drones.

this nigger really hasn't learned to right click with the shotgun?

Alright hotshot, show me your 1337 speedrun

Attached: Blood- explosive fun.webm (640x480, 3M)

Just downloaded the new Nightdive remake. What difficulty setting(s) should I play on? (I'm not really new to Build games)

See: P good difficulty setup

>something happens that moves BLOOD in the spotlight
>immediately all the zoomers and retards latch onto it because they smell the chance to b8
>threads are filled with absolute garbage "opinions", tripfag galore yesterday

hurr must haet the vidya

Attached: 1345069484612.jpg (467x700, 102K)

>NOOOO, WHY AREN'T PEOPLE BLINDLY WORSHIPING MY GAME???

>NOOOO I'VE RUN OUT OF DICKS TO SUCK

I don't think Bloodfags have that problem though in their circlejerk

Meanwhile OP spams shitty threads to promote his garbage bloated mod and take any chance he can to blindly shit on other games