Why don't PC players buy games?

Excuse the cherry picking as there are some even new titles that did better on PC like DMCV, but often those the are the exceptions. Will Japanese games ever find a home in PC? Dark Souls games are pretty popular but over all PC sales in general seem to be significantly less than the console counter parts, even for western games. What is the reason for this?

Attached: 1557513957424.png (1667x1050, 111K)

Other urls found in this thread:

capcom.co.jp/ir/english/finance/million.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

because I'm not buying your shit if you delayed the release on PC you fucktard, thats why RE2 has good numbers in your drawing

choice.
already owned.
pirate fags.
ironic weeb shit no one cares about

PC players tend to play braindead online skinnerbox games and stick with them. WoW, OW, DOTA, LoL, Fortnite, Mordhau, etc.

>literally spamming

please stop you fucking autist

we have this same exact thread once a day
nigga no one gives a fuck

Most PC gamers unironically just play free games or a couple of cheaper ones. I don't think the market for recent releases is very big at all. It's pretty funny seeing normies I know call themselves the master race while not having played anything since Skyrim on their overpriced pre-built.

why do you make this shitty thread over and over?

Attached: FB71847E-7E75-48D5-B8D7-D3141BF636FB.gif (480x266, 905K)

In their defense, they do have the best version of Skyrim.

Playstation has ALWAYS been the platform which has kept Japanese games alive.

>truth is bait.
Rich.

I'm an adult now I have to support my wife and kid. I don't buy every single video game that ever comes out anymore. I love PC gaming but the last game I bought was Sekiro. Might get Yakuza Kiwami 2 down the road. But I go to work and spend time with my family first I play games 3rd or 4th.

because PC have thousands of games, you can emulate old consoles games, etc. On a console, you're limitated, you buy what sony/microsoft/nintendo let you.

Attached: 1557403946499.png (826x738, 1.02M)

He's literally autistic.

>Implying it was true in the first place

Because you have the cancer that is twitch. What does this mean? Content creators buy whatever is popular then drop it in 3 days. A lot of pc gamers want to jump on the streaming bandwagon.

Whereas real gamer's play on console

All of the games listed are shit tier that only appeal to npc.

>muh family
What are you, gay?

Stop making this thread, retard.

1. Steamspy is NOT a reliable source for game sales anymore now that Fagkyoin is an Epic employee and Steam changed the way their API works.

2. A lot of the shitty selling Japanese games are late as fuck ports with absolutely no marketing at all, compared to the console releases which had good marketing or even decent marketplace exposure.

3. I'm sure a lot of people who own PC + Consoles bought the game on console and didn't double dip on PC since they already own the game.

NOW STOP MAKING THESE THREADS AND GO HAVE SEX

>implying the twitch top 10 aren't literally all this trash.
kek
What's retarded denial like?

>DMCV
>V
Fuck off, retard.

That old meme, with pc you can do everything you want, meanwhile everybody is playing LoL, Dota and flavor of the month, Chivalry+ right now, last month was Apex. Btw there's a lot of retrogames on consoles too and without bugs.

>buying

Also check this 7

Attached: 5434.jpg (400x275, 17K)

>Implying game this day wasn’t trash enough.

>Owners: 1 million - 2 millions
>literally 1 million offset
>literally 100% offset
sounds like a very reliable source you have there, OP

The biggest problem with PC releases of Japanese games is that they take fucking forever to port over in the majority of cases.
Note how Resident Evil 2 is a lot more favorable because it came out on the same fucking day, instead of one platform needing to wait two years like with your FFXV example.

Why can't Yea Forums seem to understand that sales are sales

You mean this one?

You aren't contradicting the statement, user.
On PC you have more options in terms of time-sink games.
On PC you have fewer reasons for buying newly released games - for every new $60 AAA game you have ten $15 AAA games from a few years ago you didn't play. You are also likely to have some (20, 200, 2000) games in your library which you got for a couple bucks and didn't get to play.

I'm willing to believe that the PS4 market exceeds PC's but even if we assume they are the same size, PC will always have fewer sales on "top titles" due to people having more options by a degree of magnitude.

capcom.co.jp/ir/english/finance/million.html
>RESIDENT EVIL 7 biohazard
>Units : 6.1 million units
Nice source, faggot

Not him but on console it's not like eveyone doesn't have hundreds of games they didn't play on current and past sytems and it's not like you can't get games with active online for a few dollars and even free ones on consoles too.

PC theoretically has more variety, but it practice you see massive playerbases for a handful of games and not much others. It's a total backhanded complement, but I'm really impressed that this gen Sony has managed to convince millions of people to routinely buy 10-15 hour games with no replay value for $60 which is just something PC has never had the culture of doing.

>steamspy
lol

You do realize player counter=/sales, right? It includes used games, ps+ free games, and shared games, unlike a steamspy estimate of total owners

The MGSV number for PS4 is absolute bullshit. The game had shipped a total of 6 million at the end of 2015. Absolutely no way it essentially doubled that number since then.

>steamspy
fucking retard, also half your games are always on sale or people get them for free which happens even more often than on PC

Attached: 1533780712923.png (1146x3360, 136K)

>Why don't PC players buy games?
We aren't retarded enough to pay for free shit.

Better question is why PS4 owners didn't buy Bloodborne, the only actually good exclusive on their platform.

Attached: 1554011416394.jpg (768x651, 74K)

post games that aren't console ports you brainless biased fuckwit

>late ports
>free games on PS+
>outright inaccurate figures
>steamspy no longer viable
keksimus.jpg

this, however is more accurate

>late as fuck ports
This. I don't know why most people aren't pointing this out. Nobody is buying ff15. The two and a half year old game that was fucking garbage and jewed you with half-finished DLC isn't selling well when we ported it?! I mean the Gordon outfit should have made it irresistible. How could this possibly happen? Fucking PC pirates I tell ya.

holy shit
4 fucking FIFA games
so this is the power of sonygroids

for the last time, gramps.
STEAMSPY ISN'T ACCURATE

>steam accounts for all pc sales
this gets a wow from me

It's not a movie.

How do you report template threads? "Spam"?

why don't pc gamers buy our shitty ass ports 5 years after initial release?

>Being this butthurt that you can do whatever you want on PC

Steam =/= PC

Also
>Paying for retro games on consoles when they're fucking broken half the time

Just let your wife's boyfriend watch the kids for once, you're kind of getting overposessive of them.

>tfw the MHW expansion doesn't come out on PC till winter

>just cause 3 sold 12 million on ps4 and 2 million on pc
the fuck? people buy this game that much? no wonder they keep shitting out these games

jc3 sold like shit, those ps4 numbers counts when the game went free on ps plus

>You do realize player counter=/sales, right? It includes used games, ps+ free games, and shared games, unlike a steamspy estimate of total owners

This. If 5 people have access to a PS4 and all 5 people play the game on their accounts, that's +5 on player counters, lending copies to friends, rentals, etc.

this coupled with the inaccuracy of steamspy makes this comparison completely retarded. clearly obviously the work of a sony brainlet.

Attached: randy.png (441x445, 245K)

Oh cool, this thread again

Why are you comparing Uniel for Playstation and Unist[st] for steam?

I was. And then shit like launchers and Denuvo cropped up so I stopped again. Ball is on their side.

>Steamspy
It's fucking dead, stupid

>buy
lmao. every game is available directly from googles own servers for free. I wish I was joking.

Attached: pirate chad.png (976x658, 283K)

>Valve/Steam do not report sales numbers directly like Sony/MS/Nintendo do; any Steam owner counts are rough estimates at best
>Steam has tens of thousands of games appealing to a broad spectrum of interests; AAA games aren't always at the top of that list
>Indie games and multiplayer games tend to present a better cost/value ratio, with some even being free (TF2, DOTA2, LoL)
I'm sure I'm missing something big, but that's the bulk of it.. Just because PC players aren't buying the games you want them to buy doesn't mean they aren't buying games at all.

yikes

Fortnite is the number 1 game on console

We had this thread yesterday.

Attached: pcsales.jpg (1800x944, 540K)

>steamspy
your cock sucking times are over, op

Attached: 1544613227525.jpg (960x711, 43K)

>steamspy no longer viable
>As you might know, on 11th of April, 2018 Valve has made changes to their Steam Web API, removing owned games from user’s information, unless they actively opt-in.