Valve surprised people don't like being told how to play

>At some point between 1999 and 2007 in TF2's development there was a class that you could pick to 'coach' your team, they would have an overview of the battleground and could alert their team to issues and coach them to victory (theoretically). But the class was dropped because the developers realized that people don't like playing a game while being told what to do by other players.

>In 2019 Valve has implemented the ability for it's playerbase to pay for the ability to tell other players what to do.... how the times have changed.

Attached: p12abzujaix21.png (824x212, 377K)

I don't play DotA, what's the context here?

Shit videogame rusky players "coaching" in voice chat other shit chink players to get more cosmetic bullshit.

Why did you use greentext? Are you quoting someone?

Also, I'm pretty sure you can mute both voice and text, so the shitty players can't even read.
>the state of dota2

The latest International Battle Pass added a Coach's Challenge, where you queue and get paired with teams about 500 MMR lower than you to (ideally) try and help them win by giving advice.
Unfortunately it doesn't seem to be opt-in for the five people who are actually playing the game, so if they don't wanna deal with random coaches joining their games they have to mute them.

Im not sure Valve even remember what the fuck is videogames at this point.
There were time when they didnt add skins to game because of "glance value" but now its just a meme and we have child invoker and axe without axe and color scheme is fucking in the trash.
Fuck valve and fuck dota. i'll still play it because there is no better game to play with my friends, but god damn they are cancer.

>fuck dota. i'll still play it because there is no better game to play with my friends
lol

I don't mind a developer explaining you how they intended their game to be played. They're just laying out their game design, you know what I mean?
It's overbearing players who ree about how "NO YOU'RE PLAYING WROOOOOOONG" which are shit. Like with Overwatch how faggots who only play the faggot weeaboo ninja or the fat-assed purple sniper screams at others to play "useful" classes to support them? Fuck those guys.

quoth whoms't ?

Attached: 1556898139766.jpg (1600x900, 548K)

i quit dota over 2 years ago and my friends and i found so many better games to play than that piece of shit lmao, i swear to you that you are not having fun anymore

t. 4.6k hours

Im up to play different games, my friends dont want to, they are too casual and got used to dota.
No one fucking wants to play eve with me or any of civ games. For me, its just one of those "game is good with friends because of friends" scenario.
t. only 3.8k hours. I physicly cant start game of dota without someone in party, i get flashbacks of how terrible this game is and im too invested not to care. I can play solo League coz i dont give a fuck about it.

>cosmetic items
this killed valve. they made way more money off this than half life. consumers dig their own grave.

The thing about DOTA is that you could pretty much do whatever the fuck you wanted and get varying degrees of success, meme builds were always what made DOTA fun

Valve Icefrog forgot this, he focused too much on esports balance, so I side with the faggots who are telling the coach to fuck off because they're trying to have fun, not play meta cheese.

>quit dota
>accomplish many things
>went back tonight
>played 4 games
>only one of the four was even fun
>none were ever close games
>4 hours wasted

mobas deserve to die.

Attached: 1553410249874.png (478x456, 407K)

Dota players need to be taught a lot of things to be honest. When was the last time you saw a Dota player that knows how to play with his team? And no, competitions are not a valid example.

Unfortunately DotA would be in the neglect shitter if it wasn't for the competitive game. The people watching more DotA than playing demand the metagame gets shaken up and Valve has to deliver because it's these people dumping hundreds of dollars into the Battle Pass.

I can barely handle the changes they make every year "after" TI. I don't have the fucking time to re-learn core competencies because they overhaul some 10% of fundamental things like the map layout. And the Battle Pass for some fucking reason broke all the guides. So now learning, which was never easy, just gets harder until Reddit complains enough for them to fix it.

This, DotA is a sandbox of pain.

Lets call it a hurtbox, the fun lies in doing stupid shit until you get a different desirable result and accommodating other 9 retards doing the same against your wishes.

You don't win, you just ruin the game for the opposing five and leave four in between a sense of anger and relief that the experience is over.

Now it is time to begin the solo matchmaking process once again, the hurtbox never ends.

This is basically reason why Dota > LoL. If you try to be creative in LoL, you'll get banned.

I have never been banned and i only play troll Shaco with garbage items every game

Attached: tea.jpg (247x204, 9K)

Both Dota and LoL sucks. I hate mobas. But one thing that's better about LoL is that the games dont always drag on for 50+ minutes like in Dota.

>If you try to be creative in LoL, you'll get banned.
Yes, then you wake up..

I miss Paragon...

>telling someone literally proven to be higher skill than you to shut up

wew lad dota players are fucking dumb

>my friends dont want to
I fucking hate this so much, what is it about certain people and their desire to play literally nothing but the one MOBA of their choice. Drives me up the wall

With or without coach, anyone below legend isn't willing to even read the guides they use

which is why they're destined to stay there forever because they're fuckin idiots

Wasnt there some people who were legit banned because they played not meta shit in comp and that was considered trolling?

Yes, one guy, and that wasn't playing creative, that was straight up griefing everybody.

It's like you've never played a moba before

I doubt you accomplished much considering you are still posting on this worthless website.

I quit Dota in 2015, after not playing for a month or two I went back and an update had changed the way the game played so much that I didn't really know where to start again so I just gave up. I think it's like this for most people.

Except that very class exists in Natural Selection and no one fucking bitched about it then (other to complain if they were bad at the job of course).

Maybe you should try randoming during comp.

Attached: qsjZ3.jpg (1282x768, 232K)

You can't, that image is incredibly old.

>tfw I've been randoming in ranked games for a month in dota 2
My community score went to shit but my mmr and game knowledge went up after a week of getting used to most heroes

Playing Random in ranked was never anything but trolling. They removed it for that reason almost a decade ago.

seems pretty cool, would be very interested to see how a higher player can improve my stupid off-meta pick in the moba i play

People don't want to be coached. They'll come home from work or school where they're told what to do all day, then play a video game to escape that. Being told what to do and scolded isn't fun.

>Decade old picture
>randoming, in a competitive match where the only reason to play it is to win.
Never leave Dota or you'll end up playing in bronze your whole life.

this
doesn't seem like it's changing anytime soon, these companies just found that exploiting a flaw in human cognition is the best way to make money

>league babs think they're hot shit
lol

>leaguebab thinks his gook game is hard

Attached: 1557456403522.jpg (650x494, 48K)

This is the reason why i dropped it as well

all me btw

Right but NS wouldn't work at all without it and Dota has been doing fine without it for years.

Also NS being double dead speaks to how popular the idea is anyway.

Seething league bab lmao

>t. Dota2 mastermind

Attached: d81954e3b5fe1a1b3df847b638e7c6138256745ee2f83d39d841aa27293298c7.jpg (482x295, 26K)

Where did you get that picture of me?

>when I had more fun playing as 5 people vs. computers than vs other humans because it was entertaining to see how bad people could possibly be at the game, including a Pudge that kept running into the middle and dying

>Valve developers doing everything in their power to do everything EXCEPT make content
Of course they're wasting their time with shit like this, it's either that or do some actual work

Attached: 1536621863131.png (580x522, 196K)

No shit. It's like real life. Nobody listens to the advice you give unless they ask for it.

>I'm fat
>go to the gym
fucking asshole

>I'm fat how can I fix this? Have any tips?
>Go to the gym, eat right
Thanks

Attached: bjork-1996-takashi-homma-05.jpg (854x1000, 170K)

Coaches have been a thing for a long time in Dota, it's not new

Bruh, Team Fortress 2 has a coaching system too and it has been there for years.

Attached: example-95905.jpg (1024x1024, 61K)

I quit at the end of last year (after being a complete pcbro, got at least level 500 on every compendium since TI6) but my friends still play it even though every game they get fucking furious and leave frustrated. How the fuck do I get them to stop?