What flaws from BoTW need to be fixed in the sequel...

What flaws from BoTW need to be fixed in the sequel, in order to be considered one of the genuine GOAT’s like Chrono Trigger, FF6, Super Metroid & Ocarina of Time?

Attached: BOTW.jpg (1280x720, 283K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/daAlH0kbFoI
youtube.com/watch?v=B1FJp9WISGQ
youtu.be/GxWhfhmh4PY
youtu.be/sjQciNO-ODU
en.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/fight
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Not be an open world ubisoft meme tech demo, and instead tell a meaningful and compelling story through well-designed gameplay and narrative sequences.

BotW is easily better than OoT and it's not even close, stop pretending it isn't.

So essentially Wind Waker, if it was actually finished & full of worthwile content?

>meaningful and compelling story
I don't understand this. Zelda games have rarely ever put much emphasis on their stories.

Wrong, Majora's Mask, Wind Waker & Ocarina of Time had excellent storytelling

>they haven't done it well in the past so they shouldn't in the future
based tard poster

Decent combat and removal of glass weapons would make the game a whole lot better in my eyes.

Focus on quality over quantity in terms of world design, have solid dungeon content, and add actual progression.
BotW is a decent base but it needs a ton of refinement and strong content.

>storyfag zoomers actually believe zelda games should even remotely focus on story

Not even him, you both are fucking faggots.

They're mostly standard fare, though. Plenty of Zelda games have cool moments in their stories but it's rarely ever been the focus of the games.
I'm not opposed to good stories, I just don't think a lack of emphasis on it is a problem for Breath of the Wild.

The game needs to overcome the issue of durability and mobs, you should not feel like you are wasting good weapons on trash mobs or try to avoid them altogether to preserve weapons.
You need to not be able to open a menu and restore hearts or stamina in an instant, in general there needs to be less menu opening to do things.

Literally one of the main reasons why OOT was so acclaimed is because of how amazing the storytelling was, there still has never been a better execution of Time Travel in a 3D video game

Traditional Zelda dungeons and key items. Or at the very least more unique bosses and a hookshot.

People still remember when ganondorf stole the triforce in oot, when majora's mask made you go back in time to escape death, when tetra's identity and the underground kingdom was revealed in wind waker. I guarantee you no one will remember anything about this game except crossdressing link and its controversial abandonment of everything zelda from the past 20 years.

OOT has more memorable moments than any game in history, literally every story moment in that game was iconic. Same with Majora's Mask, the opening 3 hours are the greatest any game has ever been

I don't even remember cross dressing link and I almost 100%'d the game.

Add more shiekah tools like a power bracelet, a hammer, a boomerang, a hookshot which works only on selected surfaces, lens of truth.
More combat mechanics and more weapon types
More enemy types, both mobs and more unique ones
Keep weapon degradation but make it much slower and make them repairable at a smithy
Make mobs drop inferior weapons you have to repair before you can use their full potential
Make minibosses like Lynels or boss mobs drop fully functional weapons but with a dropchance.
Slight hunger meter and you either can't eat during fights or you'll only gradually regain health.
Instead of 120 shrines design 20 or so dungeons and 4 overworld arena gauntlets. Add 4 boss dungeons on top of that
Bigger towns and more sidequests which are only in towns
Islands or land masses which are only reachable by boat and later teleportation

You sound like a bitter purist faggot who cries that BotW isn't exactly like the Zeldas from his childhood although they're vastly different from the original ones.

>Super Metroid
>Ocarina of Time
BotW is better than both those games.
Nah Zelda has never really been good on the story front, and its best games are very light on story (The NES games).

>vastly different from the original ones.
So is BotW, to be fair. Zelda is a flexible series that's able to do all kinds of things, and that's part of the fun of it. It's also why it's great shitpost fodder.

Kill yourself Zoomer

>I guarantee you no one will remember anything about this game

KEK assmad.

BotW is one of my favourite games ever and I absolutely fucking love watching seething retards losing their shit about it. Its just amazing.

>in order to be considered one of the genuine GOAT’s

BotW's acclaim is warranted and not just hype. Even years after release its still being raved about and topping GOAT lists. Its already one of the greats.

Attached: WhatCulture.jpg (1011x1024, 143K)

>Zoomer
>When my taste is clearly more inclined toward the classics than babby's nostalgia games like OoT
TLoZ, Zelda 2 and BotW are timeless. OoT will always be an inelegant translation of superior 2D games into 3D.
No one beyond the age of 12 cares about the story in Zelda games. In BotW I'll never forget exploring around Akkala, or shitting myself when I stumble across a Guardian, or finding the land with the giant stone mushroom-shaped structures and feeling like I was wandering around in a dream.

Increasing the range, fluidity, and most of all speed of free movement but continuing to make Link control like he's on a set of gearshift tracks as soon as you L-target is a big problem. And at the risk of sounding like a hateboner complaint but in the best interest of keeping things simple, I don't want my main drive to do any given thing in the game to be "so it isn't as boring."

Actually have shrines with more than one room
Have more than 4 dungeons
More enemy variety other than recoloring them
Have more interesting spots other than enemy outpost #2347 or Korok seed spot #344
Have weapons not have the durability of a goddamned twig

Attached: 1554057792652.jpg (500x500, 51K)

I definitely think BotW is meant to be an ADHD antidote. It's about soaking in the zen of being a tiny thing slowly traversing a vast serene world, when most games are desperate to over-stimulate you and give you a dopamine rush every two seconds

So normal wind waker?

Can my 2015 mid range PC handle cemu botw? After 200 hours on switch, I just want non destructible weapon mods

What are you talking about? ADHD sufferers have been spending their school years windowgazing in daydreams about playing BotW irl since before video games.

It already is considered one of the GOATs though

actual dungeons
more weapon variety and combat attacks + the ability to repair weapons (bringing back magic would solve a few of these)
better incentives for exploring outside of the same handful of rewards
better worldbuilding
refined armor system
refined cooking system
more enemies

basically anything that actually pads out the game instead of how repetitive it currently is

Attached: monolith-soft-2.jpg (1920x991, 310K)

Having a roaming super enemy in each zone unique to that zone that when beaten gets more health and damage output, along with a new move every 2-3 deaths over a period of making Link stronger/Completing dungeons. Same thing with other mob enemies, unique to zones. Maybe have Moblins/Bokoblins/Lizalfos be Ganons main enemy variant that’s present everywhere but each zone could have specific enemies. And none of this Fire/Ice Keese shit either.

>Anything being better than Super Metroid
>Comparing Metroid to Zelda
Fuck off. Super Metroid is the great game of it GENRE. Breath of the Wild is a fantastic game but it’s not even the best game of its series, let alone open world games.

>BotW better than OoT

This is wrong. An invalid opinion. You probably never even played Ocarina of Time and just like BotW for muh art style and graphics and modern style.

Metroid is comparable to Zelda, considering how much the latter informed the design of the former.

Super Metroid is a good game and polished to hell, but loses a lot of what made the original game interesting (mainly the oppressive feeling it gives you, as if you were in an actual hostile alien world, and upgrades that are there to alleviate the difficulty rather than just give you a cool new toy).

BotW is definitely the best "open world" game I've played, and has a very different design ethos from those games.

No BotW is just a smartly designed game while OoT is a fledgling 3D effort nowhere near as good as its 2D predecessors.

Nothing, it is perfect.

>responding to bait

I also grew up with OoT and have recently replayed it. They're both fantastic but OoT is mainly nostalgia goggles because it was revolutionary when it came out. A similar game would get trashed today

It wasn't bait, I think BotW is better than those games

>FF6
lol

based retard

It literally has topped almost every best game list for the last 25 years, anytime RPGs are mentioned it has always been in the top 3 with SoTN & Chrono Trigger. Quit seething

Interesting dungeons that give you tools to explore things in the overworld you couldn't previously reach.
Seriously the divine beasts are such a fucking letdown as dungeons and having pretty much every tool available from the get go killed any interest in exploration for me.

Divine Beasts are brilliantly designed though

They're clever, but they don't really serve the same role that dungeons do in older Zelda games aside from holding a boss fight.

They're alright if you think of them as bigger shrines but they're mostly a letdown compared to what you'd usually have in a dungeon, especially combat-wise.

Give me something to control the weather with. There was nothing more infuriating than trying to climb up some mountain and being cockblocked by rain.

More bigger dungeons on the scale of the divine beasts rather than a lot of small ones like the shrines. Better music instead of all ambient stuff. And some broader enemy variety. That's all BotW really needs.

>having pretty much every tool available from the get go killed any interest in exploration for me.

Why are people so hung up on tools to progress?

>welp, I can't go this way until I get a specific item unlocked at a specific point in the linear story.

You're kidding yourself. Its literally just a locked door which needs a key. Its tired and stale design which Nintendo and countless others have done to death.

Compare that to BotE which is actually doing next-level shit by letting go absolutely anywhere as long as YOU ALONE can figure out how to it.

And if you shitpost a response about "you're not doing anything while exploring" then you must be either too fucking dumb to even realise the thought processes the game is encouraging you to make or you're just a salty shitter.

>b-b-but hookshot!

They have the most interesting layouts in 3D Zelda dungeons. They all allow the player to be creative in how they approach them, and this is also in a lot of the physics puzzles

What?
Story was the fucking same as LttP, they just changed realm travel to time travel, everything else is the same but more developed, and that was only because they added cutscenes.

>Better music
Spot the pleb

This is it, the dungeons were disappointing but getting all the tablet skills at once was worse.

*this is also the case

Bring back special tools and huge dungeons, remove shrines and korok seeds

>getting all the tablet skills at once was worse
That's one of the best aspects of the game. It means that puzzles could actually be interesting and surprising

I agree with the first half, but couldn't give less of a shit about the second half. I just want it to be an actual Zelda game, open world or otherwise.

>They have the most interesting layouts in 3D Zelda dungeons
In terms of overall layout maybe, sure. They're still only loose dungeon analogues, though. It's no real mystery why someone would be disappointed that more traditional dungeons didn't return.

Fuck off snoy falseflagger

make food less broken

Maybe if they were all rolled up into 1 (out of 8) dungeon.

I really like the combat and navigation-oriented dungeons in in first two Zelda games, but I realise that they were only appropriate for those games. The Divine Beasts are perfect for the game Breath of the Wild is. And I don't see how older 3D Zelda dungeons are vastly better when they were very restrictive and forced the player into very basic puzzle solutions, and the combat encounters in them were rarely very involved

Keep magnesis, stasis and cronis.
Bring back bombs as an item, but let ya upgrade them to remite control bombs and other kind, maybe bombchus
Bring back dungeons, but put dungeons ítems on Shrines, also make at least one plot item obtainable by sidequest.
Hace better sidequest in general, and have more rewards for them other than weapons and money, maybe costumes with cool battle bonuses.

BotW is very true to the original Zelda.

They both have an open world. That's it. Other than that, the first LoZ shares far more similarities to the rest of the series.

>They both have an open world. That's it.
>They both have the same core concept that the entire game is oriented around. That's it.

>What flaws from BoTW need to be fixed in the sequel

Bigger Dungeons
More Weapon Variety(not just cosmetic differences)
More things to look for in the world that are worthwhile. Korok seeds being meaningless after your first 100. You'll have a stupid amount of inventory

and abandons everything after. the original was good for its time but oot and link to the past were what made this series successful for 20 years after. the next botw sandbox WILL fail like the wii u if nintendo thinks its success was due to good ideas and not controversial gimmicks

Only BotW has an open world as its core concept that the entire game is oriented around.

you forgot more Gerudo but otherwise I agree with your list. I suppose I'd like mre mgic and the return of the magic meter

Attached: gerudo voe link.png (1500x1500, 1.25M)

I don't dislike Divine Beasts, but they still don't serve the same purpose as dungeons. This isn't hard to understand. It isn't even a matter of which is "better." It's about where BotW puts its focus. BotW cares about its overworld vastly more than anything else, and it expects the player to as well. Shrines exist to give the player something to find as much as something to do. Divine Beasts have a more climactic role that's more analogous to dungeons, but they're essentially one interconnected spatial awareness puzzle, not the all-encompassing gauntlets that classic dungeons served, because unlike dungeons in previous games Divine Beasts are not the core of BotW.

OoT isn't as good as the original. Haven't played ALttP but from what I've heard, OoT is an inferior 3D translation of it.
Wrong, in some ways the original remains less linear than BotW

>Wrong, in some ways the original remains less linear than BotW
Even if that were true, which it isn't as you are locked out of certain areas/dungeons until you progress far enough, it's beside the point. The original LoZ revolved around the same formula as its core concept as the rest series bar BotW.

Non meme answer here.
>More dungeons with less shrines
>reward heart pieces and stamina pieces in other ways besides shrines
>More tunes to play with like a hookshot or a claw beatle or something fun like that
>more than color swaps of enemies, even just different models of the same species would be better
>maybe a little more story and more would be nice

And this one is just a personal thing
>let you rebuild hurtle with the materials you collect. Sorta fallout 4 settlement style
Idk fallout 4 wasn’t great but I loved being able to create my own villages and I think being able to do that in a Zelda game could be fun, and honestly wouldn’t be hard to implement with the current engine. Idk that’s just what I want in a sequel. Oh also maybe make the dungeons not all look the same and have more bosses in the overworld to fight. Other than that idk. BOTW was kino and I can’t help but feel Nintendo’s got something really special on there hands.

Dont put the most interesting characters in the game in a flashback sequence.

were any of the puzzles in the shines interesting?

Would it not be better to work hard to obtain a skill then face a series of increasing harder puzzles made for that skill?

Yes

No, because you already know the answer by that point.
>get thingamajig in dungeon
>wonder what I have to use this for

>Shrines exist to give the player something to find as much as something to do.
They exist to teach the player the game's mechanics, mostly in regards to using rune abilities, which they eventually apply to "solving" the Divine Beasts. I still don't see why previous Zelda dungeons are supposedly these super-epic "gauntlets", other than being more linear and rigid than BotW's dungeons (for the most part). The Divine Beasts carry the same emphasis on freedom and navigating large 3D spaces that the open world has. And the game tries to have a dynamic where the dungeons and the open world are both the emphasis rather than having an uninteresting overworld where you're constantly just anticipating the next dungeon. I think Majora's Mask had this overworld/dungeon balance as well

Most puzzles in BotW were fine, it's their delivery, purpose, and reward that was shit.

>They exist to teach the player the game's mechanics
lol
You learn everything you need to know about the runes by the time you leave the plateau. Even if the game did have more to teach you, what's the point of learning them when you never have to use them outside of shrines? You could beat the entire game without ever having to use the runes past the plateau. Hell, if the game just let you leave the plateau instead of forcing you to acquire the runes and glider, you could have beaten the game without ever having to touch them.

>were any of the puzzles in the shines interesting?
Yes. They were all there to drip-feed the player new insight into how rune abilities and the basic mechanics of the game work.
>Would it not be better to work hard to obtain a skill then face a series of increasing harder puzzles made for that skill?
One's not really better than the other, different games just have different approaches

You're an idiot. Seriously.

>You learn everything you need to know about the runes by the time you leave the plateau.
No you don't. You learn new ways in how they interact with the world, and how they interact with each other.

Yeah, old dungeon design was so much better, it had amazing puzzles like
>sokoban pushing rocks around
>light all these torches for the door to open
>fight all these bats or moblin for the door to open
and all of them mandatory for progress.

Attached: yawning.png (817x554, 495K)

Great rebuttal

Such as? There isn't a single thing the shrines taught me that was of any benefit to how to use the runes outside. I'm not saying you can't experiment with the runes yourself, but the shrines certainly didn't teach you how to catch a boomerang midflight, and those kinds of inefficient tricks are hardly useful for most combat scenarios, let alone beating the game.

You're locked out of Death Mountain until you buy/learn how to.make fire elixir or gather enough food to run trough like a retard.

Realistically you're always learning new ways in how your abilities and the general game mechanics interact with the world, like using magnesis to swing those metal platforms and then jump on them, and plenty of puzzles are solves by creatively using rune abilities together. And of course they're useful for beating the Divine Beasts. Beating the game otherwise, without doing those dungeons, is like an additional challenge.

You want Skyward Sword?

Combat needs to feel better. Either give us one really deep and fleshed out weapon, or have more variance than 1 handed vs 2 handed. If they want to get really crazy: make the game have a linear story, but the dungeons have multiple solutions so they can be done non-linearly. And after you beat it, unlock a Randomizer mode complete with seed entry so a community can be built.

You might as well say you can beat Street Fighter 2 without ever doing a special move. Technically you can, but its a shit plebian way of playing and completely misses the point of what the game is trying to encourage you to do.

As usual, stupid shitters like yourself have to indulge in the most moronic and redundant laughable horseshit to desperately try convincr yourself you have a point.

>but the dungeons have multiple solutions so they can be done non-linearly
That's already in the game.

Was this ever really a problem for people? The game gave decent/good weapons out like candy and you almost always knew where good camps were in any given area after a Blood Moon. Hell Cape Cales' camp was like a Knight Sword pinata

I'll take those over
>hit these 5 terminals in any order
>now fight the boss
>okay dungeon complete

>give me a railroad cinematic experience

A few things, really

>Keep the open space, it sells the adventure aspect of the world
>Nerf climbing, hard
>Real time healing
>Keep the weapon degradation system, but keep an option for weapons to be repaired, and give link a standard sword he can fall back on if need be, and allow it to be upgraded
>Shrines are a good idea, poorly implemented. I'd rather there be 30 well designed Shrines than all the filler we got
>Every town should have a narrative arc that builds the world and should leave lasting impact on the world
>It was super weird that the dungeons were so lackluster, they should be much more immersive, long, and challenging

Wrong.
Almost every Zelda after LttP follow the same formula, maybe only MM and AoL follow their own.
BoTW is the most similar to original not only because of freedom but the lack of narrative for a more gameplay oriented experience.

Just knowing you need to use an item you got in a dungeon doesn't mean the puzzle cant be interesting, you could tell when you needed a certain rune in a shine also.
You can have dungeons with unique puzzles for an item and shines outside of the dungeon so that the item isn't useless
With a main dungeon for an item you get the feeling of progression and the training for the item, if you get the item and the learning mechanics are spread through the world, you could just walk right past them thinking its another combat shrine.
Its OK to give the player a bunch of stuff at the start along as there is more to come.

I'm starting to think you're deliberately being obtuse.
>They exist to teach the player the game's mechanics
They can do that too, but most of the game's tutorializing is in the Great Plateau. You don't have 120 tutorials (some of which are outright tricky to find or at the end of a side quest) for the sake of 4 Divine Beasts. Shrines have a bigger footprint in the game than Divine Beasts do, even for the casual player that's not intent on a high completion rate and just wants to grab the Master Sword.
>super-epic
I said they were all-encompassing, because they are. That's where the meat of previous Zelda games lies.
>The Divine Beasts carry the same emphasis on freedom and navigating large 3D spaces that the open world has.
I would say they're more about testing general spatial awareness than navigation in the same way you do the overworld, but sure. Divine Beasts still aren't the meat and potatoes of BotW. The open world itself is the point of BotW, hence the title.

>comparing an 80+ hour adventure game with a handful of meaningful items and abilities to a fighter
Nobody is saying you shouldn't use them if you want, just that the game does a shitty job of utilizing them outside of shrines and DBs. Not everybody loves going into an encounter thinking up elaborate ways to kill enemies as slowly as possible.

Personally I found farming weapons to be incredibly boring but necessary as going through half you inventory to beat a Lynel was a bit much. I think the weapons you got from the Village elders should have been either stupidly durable, remarkably damaging or had some special effects because most of them were outclassed before I even got them

Attached: indestructible.png (190x311, 44K)

I should have mentioned I want items in the game. The hookshot, the glider, etc should be progression items. Classic stuff that opens up the world.

>weapon degradation
>more towns places
>big dungeons
>more random encounters
>more interesting side quests
>more bosses

I loved Botw so these are just things I think would make it better.

Non meme answer? A slightly more focused story with some atmosphere the same way OoT, MM or WW had. Dungeons, but not long drawn out simple ones (the 3D dungeons have never been great, but the 2D dungeons were all fantastic). No weapon durability. Zelda tagging along but not being a permanent escort mission, as she'd make a better exposition device than most of the other sidekicks in the series. Link actually kissing Zelda at the end of the game.

>MM and AoL don't follow the same formula
Not sure you know what the formula is. Exploration -> Dungeon (with combat, puzzles & boss) -> Item Progression -> New item opens up further exploration
LoZ follows this formula. MM and AoL follow this formula. BotW actually follows this formula for the most part, until you leave the Plateau.

Remove shitty collection MMO tier sidequests
Actual challenge shrines
Remove half of the one-note shrines
Remove half of the korok seed puzzles and keep the good ones
Tighten the world a bit so that the reduction of pointless activities doesn't leave it feeling too "empty" for spergs
Actual decent story
Actual endgame boss fights
Make Ascent in this game enjoyable because outside of gaybird, climbing is agonizingly boring. Hookshot should be in.
Add like 20 more enemy types to fill the world instead of just fucking bokoblin camps
Improve the scaling of weaponry/loot from fighting so that there's a reason for me to fight anything past midgame instead of just farming the same treasure chests for weapons
Alternatively, remove weapon breaking and come up with something better
Add fishing

>not only because of freedom
The original Zelda is more flexible than most of the games after it, but it still does a fair bit of gate keeping through items (barring you get the item and then leave, which is pretty pointless to do unless you like wasting time). ALBW is significantly more open than the original Zelda is.

And add way way way better dungeons without the same aesthetic/gimmick.

Making those all indestructible would still kill the point of every other weapon and the hardscrabble feel of the combat in general as like 90% of the playerbase would just beeline to the easiest ones and never use anything else ever again. I'd certainly be for significant durability boosts or offering a way to repair or upgrade/customize favored ones at significant cost so you have something to burn rupees on

The problem is that while that method of progression is solid and dependable, it's been done tons of times and Zelda has felt stagnant because of it. BotW instead lets the player complete puzzles creatively and has a sense of progression/getting stronger through spirit orbs and the choice between a stamina increase or another heart. It feels a lot more vital for it, because the player actually has a sense of agency and isn't rigidly confined to an obvious "this dungeon is the hookshot dungeon" progression.
Shrines also serve the purpose of making the player stronger through spirit orbs. That's really the main incentive for players to go to them. But in regards to them being teaching tools, they're so short and focused on individual aspects of the rune abilities that I think the player would have to do a decent portion of them to get a well-rounded idea of how they interact with the world and how they can use them in the Divine Beasts.
In what way aren't the Divine Beasts all-encompassing when they feature lengthy boss-fights for the combat aspect of the game, have large 3D spaces to explore as in the open world traversal of the game, and have physics puzzles like those in the shrines? I disagree that dungeons are "where the meat of the previous Zelda games lie". A lot of those games struck a balance between the overworld and dungeons.

I actually think less story would make it better
Climbing is great, and another example why BotW is an ADD antidote

Item progression, and the formula as a whole, is not what made Zelda stale. Countless gimmicks, stupidly long tutorials, huge expanses of nothing, annoying companions, handholding, etc. accomplished that.
BotW would have benefited massively from item progression. And some real dungeons, and bosses, and music. Then people would have actually cared about more than just the open world.

Indestructible would be my preferred option but for Nintendo's "balance" I know it's impossible but they need to feel special because it's ridiculous to think that Urbosa's signature weapon is weaker than the bog standard Hylian Knight's sword

As for more additions I think each weapon class should have more moves which you can learn/practice in those combat shrines making them actually good for something besides weapon farming

Attached: Hylian Knight.png (590x533, 391K)

>Zelda tagging along but not being a permanent escort mission, as she'd make a better exposition device than most of the other sidekicks in the series.
A PoP Farah-like Zelda mite be cool

Get rid of weapon durability it's fucking retarded and added nothing to the game.

Why are zelda fans the biggest faggots in history? What a shit thread.

>I actually think less story would make it better
Play minecraft with zelda skins then.

>less story would make it better
Might as well just call it a new IP and disregard everything the series was built in.

The best Zelda games had little to no story. You're a retard if you think Zelda games are "about the story".

Climbing is a fine idea, but it's a chore in BotW. It's obscenely slow, they missed an opportunity with the climbing gear, no hookshot, and there's no enemies or obstacles. Their execution amounted to mindlessly holding up on your control stick. And before anyone argues about stamina, we all know how easily you can cheese that.

>For the most part
You said it.
Also I was thinking more of

>Find these 3 magical ítems on the first 3 dungeons
>Major plot progression, Boss fight, or cutscenes
>Now find another 4-7 magical ítems yo fight the final boss
That's LttP, OoT, TP and WW.
BoTW also deviates itself from it moreso than others

Zelda since its inception was always gameplay-oriented with story secondary. It was only with the more recent 3D games that that became more of the focus (with disastrous results).

Literally make the same game but put a plot and music in it.

>I actually think less story would make it better
There's hardly a story unless you go looking for it.

It doesn't need to be a huge story driven rpg, but the one thing I really liked about the N64 games was the light storytelling and atmosphere. Combine that with the exploration of LoZ and LTTP and you've got a perfect Zelda game.

Climbing is fun and tense as hell, especially early on. Slowly manoeuvring about and trying to find ridges has never really been done so well in a game before. You could say Shadow of the Colossus almost did it, but the climbing there was mostly relegated to telegraphed objects you hung off rather than literally every vertical surface in the game world

Climbing partially made the world what it was, an endless source of sense of discovery. Also made choosing between heart or stamina a thing.

Piggybacking on this: you should have limited slots for food and potions. Make both use an animation to use, with eating be unsafe in combat or climbing. No more eating multiple giant dinners while gliding around.

>over 200
>Still bitching about durability
Thanks for letting me know you haven’t played the game anything post 10 hours the game throws you so many weapons you’re dropping
Epic Lighting spear of death for
Ultimate Lighting spear of death to go with your other 3 ultimate lightning spears of fucking death

Don't get me wrong, BOTW was fine for what it did, but if future games have even less than that, as well as the lack of themed dungeons, items, and music that's not atmospheric, it might as well be a different game all together.

The perfect Zelda game would have the exploration/atmosphere of BotW, the dungeon design of the original and the combat of Zelda 2, but we'll never get that I'm afraid.
Story has never been Nintendo's strong suit. Ever.

the cooking mechanic needs fixing. Following a recipe should net you greater rewards than throwing one thing in the pot

I see you never discovered the ability to eat at any time or to stand on tiny ledges to recover all your stamina.
I'd say the only time climbing was tense is at the start of the game.

Don't get me wrong, I think climbing is a fine idea. I just think the execution was poor and it had the potential to be much better. If anything I take bigger issues with the glider.

Brainlet post

>and the combat of Zelda 2
Go away.

but isn't that another point. You have so many weapons that durability becomes meaningless so why not be able to earn or upgrade a weapon into being indestructible because you like it

>Nerf climbing
Stopped reading there
Faggot alert

I seriously have to wonder what the hell they were thinking there
BotW is a game that feels like it was planned out by amateurs who then hired professional devs to make it

Botw is literally the most Zelda game of Zelda games
Have you never heard the god damn horse god theme?
youtu.be/daAlH0kbFoI

Hmm, but If your suggestion of bringing back the hookshot comes to be, how well will it blend with stamina, food and climbing clothes.
Maybe make it breakable. But people already complain about weapon durability.

>Story has never been Nintendo's strong suit.
Personally its not about having a great story or not, BOTW was fine for it's setting of far in the future, but one of the things I always enjoyed on LOZ games are the simple plot but with charismatic characters/npcs that usually tied in the said plot, due to being a post-destroyed world, they could excuse the lack in BOTW, but I hope to see it back in future games.

Because it’s a tool
Tools don’t last forever
Plus it’s satisfying as fuck to throw a badly damaged weapons right into a monster’s fucking face

Make it a game about cycles, and generations, where cumming in Zelda or not makes a big difference.

I only had one horse fatality in the 300 hours I hace this game.
And that was because I willingly threw him off the Tabanta Canyon

zelda‘s voice ffs
She sounds likes she only had 1 hour of sleep and then forced to wake up at 4

how about using fuel? You can fill it up with items (be it gas, guardian parts or something else) or maybe it can be recharged after a time limit.

>I see you never discovered the ability to eat at any time
No I knew about that but you quickly run out of them if you do that whenever you climb (though I do think the game lets you store way too much in your inventory). Also the entire point of climbing is that you're trying to find tiny ledges. I think you've fundamentally misunderstood climbing in this game. And also the glider, since it works so beautifully in tandem with climbing.
Climbing is a long hard progress upward where you manage your stamina, and gliding is the graceful descent after that, also with stamina management. You arduously climb to the top of something, spot where you want to go, and easily float over to it. It adds a kind of reward to climbing while still being limited enough that it still feels like a game, through stamina.
Have you even played it? Or did you just buy into the normie memes that it's "the bad Zelda"?

The core gameplay is perfect as is, the only thing it needs is more content and variety. More weapon types, more enemy types, more/bigger dungeons, more unique NPCs, bigger towns, etc.

I imagine it would be something that's difficult to get, and potentially later on in the game. Obstacles and enemies would still need to be avoided or dealt with. The problem I have with the glider is that it's basically a super op hookshot you get right off the bat that destroys so much of that grand feeling of exploration you get on the plateau.
Climbing gear should nullify rain.

Just go the ds route and have weapons with durability that restores after sleeping.

Why is that one guy who hates Zelda dungeons so easy to spot in every thread?

You really don't need to farm weapons at any point unless you're trying to beat Ganon really early. I'm going through Master Mode and get by just fine using whatever drops or turns up in treasure chests or the field.

>"Steampunk"hookshot
>Uses cartridges to fire off the hook
>You can only bring a límited number (3 or 5 maybe)
>Upgrades let you max the number of cartridges you can carry
>Cartridges are made out of ore only found in DM
>You have to climb a lot to farm it

And fix all the broken things and have way better, more meaningful combat that isn't best off avoided

2D dungeons were always great. OoT's not so much

>farming the same treasure chests
? Chests never respawn in this game

no animal despawning, the world can actually be permanately shaped like minecraft

>normie
You dumb fucking newfag. I probably played it before you were even born.

Speaking of cumming, bring back companions that are Midna tier, who can assist in combat, don't just hold your hand, and can be left behind if the player wants. And a romance system.

Main dungeons that don't suck complete ass
Way more enemy variety

OoT managed to blend a variety of macro and micro dungeon problem solving and exploration with varied atmospheric art design, architecture and music. Your hate boner for it is really retarded.

play it again now you aren't a dumbass kid with adhd. You're now a manchild with adhd but at least now you might have some some sense

Fuck no. To any of that shit.

Attached: 1542496941845.png (544x572, 224K)

>Why are people so hung up on tools to progress?
Its weird, especially when you get tools to explore the world.
The Divine Heroes abilities and the sheika slate are like items in previous games.

A romance system would be cool, but the waifus most be top notch, and even then everyone will complain if there's no Malon , Ruto or .

You just said a lot of words with no content behind them, I'm afraid. I don't have a hate boner for it. I like it but not a lot.

Bombs as a regular item is a serious waste. After slate bombs everything makes much more sense.

>Was this ever really a problem for people?
Can I consider it a problem when I really hate when games have weapons that break after only a couple of uses? It's extremely unsatisfying to me and picking up a million different weapons doesn't appeal to me much either.

>BoTW is the most similar to original not only because of freedom but the lack of narrative for a more gameplay oriented experience.
This really is the only thing BotW fans have to to compare it to the original, don't they?

Attached: 1522370744403.jpg (526x423, 22K)

>retarded newfag trying too hard to fit in
I've played it as a kid and an adult, you're a dumb child who's trying too hard to talk down to people. You're a fucking idiot, and you don't belong here.

i really wish someone was smart enough to at least agree with me on this, stop talking about meme ideas, good core game design is what makes a good game

I guarantee I've been here longer than you my man, but keep being a weirdly defensive psycho

If you don't like them, don't let them come with you. Maybe they'll add some men just for you.

Zelda has had some top tier waifus over the years so I can't imagine them failing on that front.

>I guarantee I've been here longer than you my man
You're actually trying to pull that shit after using the word normie? You probably haven't even been here longer than captcha, you fucking idiot.

I absolutely have. I use normie because it's useful for describing people who unthinkingly hold popular opinions

>What flaws from BoTW need to be fixed in the sequel, in order to be considered one of the genuine GOAT’s like Chrono Trigger, FF6, Super Metroid & Ocarina of Time?

Actual Dungeons(how they'd balance dungeon items with disposable weps is beyond me, I'm sure they'd be able to figure something out though)
Durability system needs serious work(no reason to use anything other than Lynel and Guardian Axe++, lynels are stupid easy to farm once you have one 5x bow, make better weapons rarer and have god-tier weapons from shit like lynels be in randomized locations so it's a reward if you happen to find one)
No overpowered champion powers
Less annoying shit like not being able to climb in rain, or at the very least a way to circumvent those issues
More difficult enemies(and a proper hardmode that doesn't completely discourage you from fighting enemies at all like Master mode is in botw)
No healing in combat, and remove heary foods, seriously what the fuck we're they thinking

Did you know that you can ricochet the rocks back at the octoroks with the spin dash?

Attached: file.png (368x368, 117K)

>I use normie because I'm a retarded newfag who thinks I'm fooling people

Legend of Zelda is A boy, his adventure and saving the world and everyone in it. Nothing else.

Did you say spin dash?

Attached: SonicSoMad.jpg (126x112, 4K)

I love the fact that I've so deeply upset you. Not only have I more than likely been here longer than you, I also don't think of it as a badge of pride because I'm not a faggot. Apparently you do

Because the gameplay never evolves. You never have to learn about new items or abilities to overcome new types of obstacles. You know right off the bat you can beat everything the game throws at you from that point on, so why bother? It doesn't help that BotW has an inverse difficulty curve, so not only is there nothing new to find, learn, or overcome, the game becomes easier as you progress. On top of all that, you know that all shrines or korok puzzles will give you are orbs and seeds.

No you have to learn how to creatively use items in different situations, which is way more interesting than having the hookshot designated for the hookshot dungeon

You can probably unlock stronger weapons and allow them to spawn after each dungeon clear

>Not only have I more than likely been here longer than you
You've already outed yourself. Why bother?

Yes because that was the only thing they were going for, any other "Zelda Trope" was to be discarded as they mentioned múltiple times through development.

I'd be down for an affection system like Symphonia's. Or Dragon Dogma's just to make discussion that much more amusing.

>He doesn't Miyamoto himself envisioned a romance system for OoT.

face it you're just a plen, Zelda 2 is a great game hampered by obtuse overworld shit

Nice strawman

But what if Zelda was a girl?

Miyamoto is no longer running the show.

Attached: zelda about to explode.png (1276x1094, 1.11M)

I didn't strawman you. I'm just saying that in a lot of Zeldas there are items that are confined to a specific dungeon while BotW mixes it up by have multiple items from the start that are all used within the four main dungeons

they should implement some of the mechanics from red dead redemption 2

there has always been multiple ways to kill enemies in zelda. you can kill bats with any number of things even magic if you feel like it. the game definitely doesn't pigeonhole you. even enemies with bomb weaknesses can be killed by other means.

add a musical instrument

As much as I love Dragón Dogma It actually gave me some OoT vibes at some points I don't want to end with Beddle as my romantic interest

>There are two paths before you, Link.
>Still my heart or give up what is more dear to you
>OOoohhh, THANK YOUUU

What this game needed was for the characters to actually be important. For example they could have had the new race representatives be the ones who positioned the Divine Beasts and fired their lasers in order to weaken Ganon. A short 2 minutes cutscenes for each of them with them maybe meeting the ghosts of the former Champions who would be finally released to go to their rest would have added so much development

Attached: yunobo ain't fat.jpg (1260x1890, 852K)

can someone please talk to me about this

Okay.
Your idea sucks.

did you mean to say animal respawning? I think if animals didn't respawn and you could actually deforest the land you'd run into significant issues with food and fuel for cooking

Attached: zaya pelda.jpg (1376x1700, 287K)

it's not an idea brainlet, it's a fix with the fact that when you (activate) any animal it starts a timer, once that timer expires the animal despawns, also, how does resetting the world every fucking three minutes make it a sandbox game? also are you autistic?

really hate how retards like you are pretty much 80 percent of how discussions on Yea Forums go

what is muh replant, they can borrow more ideas from minecraft, either do that and make the game world more massive and interchangable or go back to making classic style zelda games

Who said the item had to be limited in functionality and confined to a specific dungeon? This was a case made for BotW and the series moving forward.
Integrating physics and chemistry into the runes and puzzles did give them some nice depth and longevity, so I would absolutely like for that to stick around. However, more meaningful items would have been ideal past the tutorial area. This could've worked even by keeping the exact same open world simply by giving those items to you when you need them upon encountering a shrine or divine beast that requires it. Never knowing if you were going to get some new item or ability to play with whenever you found a shrine would have made them far more exciting to discover, thus bolstering exploration.

People who enjoyed the world enough for it to carry the game by itself don't quite understand that for the people where the world wasn't enough, the rest of the game is woefully lacking. Exploration became a chore knowing you weren't going to get anything meaningful out of it.

also those stupid korok seeds made some really shitty predictable landscaping, that had me sighing and shaking my head whenever I spotted one from a mile away

botw sucks so much dik

I don't think the rest of the game is woefully lacking at all. The Divine Beasts are very smartly designed and there is enough incentive to explore and discover shrines just through the promise of Spirit Orbs.

Attached: unphased.jpg (1280x720, 403K)

>Beedle
I had a different fairy in mind

Attached: you can have him, ganon.jpg (1280x720, 74K)

BotW thread.

Same shit memes for more than two years.

Which you like apparently

>story that doesn't rely on the world taking a gorillion years to traverse and explore to be a proper length
>get better voice actors or get rid of the voice acting
>proper dungeons
>more towns and NPCs
>random encounters
>more variety in the terrain, especially concerning caves and other interior locations below sea level
>proper NG+ mode that lets you carry over collectibles when you start a new game
>proper NG+ rewards that let you have fun like a sword, bow, and shield that won't break and a method of flight for easy world traversal

Simple

1. Good side quests that aren't MMO tier trash
2. Actual dungeons over Divine Beasts
3. Better world building with more interesting locations (really? No fucking caves?)
4. Remove all the filler garbage

BoTW is still a game I play to this day because its systems are so fun to fuck around in. But god damn is the actual content in it dogshit

This is it, the master list. You ready? Lets go. In no particular order.
>Cut the world map size by maybe 20%. We did not need three snow countries and three wastelands.
>Design the map more sensibly, none of this jungle on the other side of an ice mountain garbage.
>Remove 70% of shrines.
>Bring back actual dungeons. Like in Zelda 1, make keys transferable across dungeons. None of this hold one key at a time bullshit.
>Make bosses visually and thematically distinct.
>Don't set it in Hyrule
>Don't rely exclusively on non-linear storytelling. Stories can still be told in open world games.
>Bring back Moldorms. Make them gigantic, the size of the dragons.
>De-emphasize horses. Let Link ride an elk and keep it.
>Make the Hylian Hood his official new hat. Fucking looks so fucking cool.
>Make sure Link has an unbreakable sword, great sword, and bow at all times. Make all other weapons break fast, but be very very easily replaced.
>Bring back utility tools. Boat paddle, fishing rod, hookshot...
>Don't punish players for 100%ing your game by giving them a shittier final boss
>Make at least one sidequest rewarding, please, for fuck's sake
>Save time to develop a final boss that doesn't suck and isn't a cinematic sequence
>Prevent healing/menu use during combat except in limited quantities via one or two bottles that are used in real time
>Spread out the traversal abilities a little
>Focus on varied enemies, a little variety would not kill you
>Skeletons in robes with swords
>Bring back caves and tunnels
>Limit climbing just a little bit - so much of the game becomes a boring climb because it's the best strategy to move forward
>Or give us a faster upgrade, fucking hell
>HEART PIECES fucking CHRIST they were some of the biggest incentivizers and shrines just don't do it, it turns them into a chore rather than a reward
>Really just give us actual fucking dungeons, heart pieces, and a couple unbreakables and it'll be fine but all of this is important

Attached: 1531726459408.png (785x1080, 1.48M)

Major dungeons, more rune tools or important items like Pegasus boots and hookshot, and a much larger bestiary of monsters.

>Make the Hylian Hood his official new hat. Fucking looks so fucking cool.
Fuck you I actually hate his look in BotW, he didn't start looking like Link until after you finished every shrine.

Attached: tumblr_p3u00uUDNM1un9v43o2_250.png (250x307, 58K)

the combat as a whole to me feels very under par, needs some dragon's dogma style combat

Can't really have depth when the combat is designed around your shit breaking.

Hero of the Wild set looks goofy m8, the green dyed hood is just the natural evolution of the costume.

that going away would be part of fixing it up to me. I only ever use the master sword because i cba going to go farm other shit out

>brainlets believe this
lmao yes you can, breath of the wild was great on the plateau because your weapons were disposable

I will die on this hill for the classic tunic and green hat. I hate the hooded look.

>Weapons should each have at least 1 unique gameplay function suited for certain areas/tasks basically tool and power utility should mostly be in the weapons. That way people will happily want to cycle their gear without being constantly annoyed or scrolling through menus thanks to degradation. No stat sticks and if there are upgrade systems are better. Armor is fine as it is probably, just mostly let me equip what I like.
>Shrines or the equivalent should be removed entirely or drastically concentrated into actual dungeons. Puzzles should be the organic challenges in the open world.
>Better enemy variety, better encounters. Avoid recolors and artificial difficulty. A slime is a slime and a goblin is a goblin.
That's really all I can think of without making suggestions that would make LoZ too much like something else. There's already enough amazing tech at play in the BotW engine they just didn't trust it enough to incentivize people to explore. Thanks to that mindset exploring felt unrewarding half the time since a huge portion of the gameplay is in shrines. I would pay full price for a BotW remaster with these improvements made but the switch clearly can't handle it.

That definitely is its own kind of depth but that quickly becomes fucking annoying. It's fine the first time through but in the postgame and on repeat playthroughs the durability is nothing but a liability and a shitty feature I wish I could remove from the game. The fact that you aren't even given a remedy for this as some kind of NG+ was thoroughly disappointing to me.

More interesting enemies, if you eat something link has to play out the animation in real time (potions would have a quicker animation so they remain useful). Getting smacked once then eating 50 apples to instantly recover is stupid as fuck

Don't get me wrong, I like the idea of an option. Some people like the elf hat, some people like the cloak, I like the cloak.

I guess more to the spirit of my point is bring back his green color scheme as the official default. The confused blue shirt black hood yellow pants look was weird.

Attached: My Link.png (358x444, 224K)

>OOT
>FF6
>Chrono trigger
>super Metroid
Imagine picking all boomer shit for your examples

Attached: 34BE9664-1F54-4BA6-8E43-F521A312878E.jpg (612x408, 16K)

It's mostly a hassle because you run into really good weapons that have way too high durability and way too low spawn rate, so you wind up never wanting to use anything. If everything broke and spawned and leveled up and you didn't have to keep digging out high tier weapons from the same few spots to deal with the damage sponge assholes combat could still remain fast.

It was really poorly balanced for mid to late game, let alone post game or master mode. Having one or two unbreakable weapons could go a long way to fixing this, too.

Fuck you, climbing as broken as shit. You could easily skip one of the very few carefully crafted well laid out paths in the game because of it

Shut up, out of towner. We don't take kindly to folk what just google image search their images just to shit post.

I think the issue is someone who had say an obsession with roleplaying as a Hylian mook guard would run around with the soldiers sword and grind away at an enemy until they beat it even if it took far longer than using Guardian, Lynel or Royal Guard weapons

>not wearing the Rito village tunic + head piece dyed green

Attached: SnowquillArmor.jpg (640x360, 22K)

This art intrigues me, I had been wondering what Link would look like as the different races of BotW in the artstyle. Are there any more from this artist?

These Sages are just as lightly developed as the Champions but you get to interact with them outside of a cutscene and you have a history with them which isn't just documented in journal and diaries

Attached: sages.png (528x810, 607K)

Broadly true though there are some improvements. ALttP is the true best "Zelda" game - as in it does the Zelda formula best, without question right up to today. OoT is the closest thing to it in 3D but has ultimately aged worse than ALttP and has specific bugs. OoT is the "satisficing" game for the Zelda series so it naturally sees a lot of acclaim.

ALttP is so good, the only improvements makeable to it besides entirely optional graphical and audio facelifts would be changes that would benefit the entire Zelda series.

that's the only one I've seen

I think ALBW offered freedom in how you approach the world whilst still following the traditional formula

Attached: albw items.png (337x285, 75K)

What's the art?

ALBW is pretty great but it's almost a derivative pseudo-remake of ALttP. In many ways its ALttP but with unnecessary experimental systems and plot tinkering. They work out well mostly but for the core Zelda experience I'd still advocate ALttP foremost.

>removing some of Link's most defining features
Nah. And it still pisses me off that the developers thought his tunic wasn't "cool" enough. And while I'm at it, make Link left handed again. Fuck.

>thinking Link is defined by a shitty outfit
Go home, brainlet.

>can't read
>calls people brainlet

the gameplay is perfect. They need to rework the progression system (durability, leveling, equipment...) and add a proper story and more secondary missions. Also they should add more things to do for completionists, actual fun shit like minegames, hiddenn bosses, challenges instead of collecting golden feces.

>but it's almost a derivative pseudo-remake of ALttP.
That's pretty much what it is suppose to be

I think ALBW has a very different kind of genius itsin design, though. The way it takes the impression of a 3D layered plane from ALttP and develops the entire game around it is inspired

Combat
>distinct combat styles for each weapon type that you need to master as you play the game
>no pause and eat so eating is too risky in battle so you need to take elixirs which you can down quickly but Elixirs are difficult to make so it's a real tough choice on whether to use it or save it for a future harder battle
>more enemy types all with unique behaviours
>Champion abilities or their equivalent far less gamebreaking

Traversal
>bring back the hookshot
>rework stamina management when climbing
>climbing/stamina efficiency gear and elixir should have a pronounced effect
>rain has the same effects but it doesn't rain as often
>some places should be unreachable by quick travel unless/until you can set your own teleport points so that horses aren't rendered utterly irrelevant

World building
>A fully populated and thriving Hyrule Castle and Castle Town.
>race settlements in places other than their traditional locations like Goron mines outside of death mountain, Zora in the sea and in the rivers, Gerudo in the desert and outside it

Story
>takes place in the present and you can choose how deeply you want to get involved like saving Gerudo Town and then choosing whether or not to go all in to get the Helm as well

General
>unique Dungeon environments
>unique Dungeon bosses
>Dungeons a mix of combat and puzzle rather than BotW sparsely populated by enemies Divine Beasts
>more overworld boss variety and rewards for them being more than weapons and a medal

Attached: pleased.jpg (850x1122, 240K)

>Cut the world map size

You fucked up on your first point and I didn't bother reading the rest

Either cut the size or actually fill it with better content. If you just want to dick around in an open world, there are plenty to choose from.

you are wrong, in TP for example you could find a lot of hidden caves in the overworld with interesting rewards that you could only access after getting dungeon items. It made exploration very interesting.

>If you just want to dick around in an open world, there are plenty to choose from

Yes and BotW is best according to everyone.

Yeah but you're literally just stopped from entering said cave because of some item the game decided you shouldn't have. In THOSE games, that kind of progression might feel rewarding. But its been doe to fucking death. You have all the other Zeldas, all the Metroidvania games, and a billion other games which all do the same tired lock and key design.

Whats wrong with something different? Or do you just want to play the same game for the rest of your life?

>rework stamina management when climbing
It was fine though

>BotW has the best open world
What, specifically, do you even like about it?

As much as I liked BoTW, the weapon management, the korok seeds everywhere in cool places where you would expect cool items, the boring puzzles and the terrible dungeons really need to go.

>boring puzzles
way fucking better than any previous 3D Zelda

Is whistle sprinting still in this game

Attached: old.png (1067x800, 1.4M)

Attached: NPCs by Harry Darlington.jpg (2105x2980, 1.35M)

Dunno man, I played TP when I was a kid and it was wonderful. Seeing that strange thing and trying to figure how to acces that place. You could even access some secret zones where you needed the double hookshot, which could only be found after completing that climbing minigame. It was great to backtrack when you got the equipment. And it wasn't hidden, you just needed to have some memory and pay attention. In BOTW it's like items are located in random places you can access at any momment, but since they are hidden and the world is too big you need to use guides.

Attached: 1141.jpg (1237x690, 96K)

Meant to say the boring puzzles shrines.

Honestly botw was pretty amazing but this is what they need in the sequel or successor:

- More enemy variety
- Larger dungeons
- More dungeons

That's all they really need to do, maybe make it so you can now climb the larger enemies?

>What, specifically, do you even like about it?

Its completely 'open' world where I can go off on my own and adventure and try and save the princess how *I'* want. Its a world I can indulge in all the game's various systems and fashion my own solutions to problems in a non-linear, non-binary using nothing but my wits and resources. Its an open world where every aspect of it is a game and not a series of button presses in sequence to trigger a cutscene.

You know what I'd like?
Zelda to be playable.

Ever since I played MM as a kid I've been obsessed by that short section in Sakon's hideout where you get to control Kafei. He moves in exactly the same way as Link and has nothing to attack with his knife so it's kind of lame in MM, but it put the idea in my head of having a Zelda game where there's a second controllable character.

You could structure the game like Nier Automata/Resident Evil 5, where Zelda is a partner AI that helps you throughout the game, and whom you get to control with a different gimmick as a NG+ option. You could make Link and Zelda work like Charlotte and Jonathon in Castlevania Portrait of Ruin, such that you can hot-swap between them for puzzle solving. Alternatively Zelda could have her own separate story/route, that might even intersect with Link's adventure (ie. they're helping eachother in the background, like Muramasa).
The last one has the potential to be amazing in something on the scale of BotW.

Anyway the reason is that I feel like Zelda has been a damsel too long; I'd love to see her with some actual agency in the plot.

Attached: D4WNoFUUwAA9Lke.jpg orig.jpg (1448x2048, 435K)

Majora's Mask but with BOTW assets/engine.

The game needs dungeons with central gimmicks that force you to develop some awareness of the space you are exploring as you go with a 2D map as shorthand rather than a 3D map.
More enemies need to inhabit the overworld and dungeons and those enemies need to not just be higher health recolors.
Control scheme needs to move away from purposefully gimped shit that assumed you would always have a tablet in front of you since they completely stripped that out for Switch parity anyway.
Aside from unique enemy weapons and generic fodder weapons the durability system needs to go, with more unique permanent weapons and tools that play off of enemies and the environment.
Climbing, Swimming and Gliding are all shit in BotW and need juice and some game design injected into them.
Combat needs a more developed basic moveset and it needs to let you deal with enemies better outside of your lock-on.

The climbing was bad anyway since it was just a retarded patience tester and you could eventually climb anything which nullifies a lot of the ability that game design has to funnel the player through terrain design. It should have been more limited, with the patience testing mechanic largely cut but forcing the player to plan how to get to places more.

>The climbing was bad anyway since it was just a retarded patience tester
>It should have been more limited, with the patience testing mechanic largely cut but forcing the player to plan how to get to places more.

Thats EXACTLY what the game does though. One of my favourite moments in this game was something which happenly only to me when I tried to climb the Dueling Peaks shortly after leaving the Plateau.

I don't know why we don't have a stealth based Sheik game after all this time

Attached: decent.jpg (960x720, 322K)

I envy your ability to make your own fun. I got bored of that around the first divine beast and opted for efficiency before being completely bored and dropping the game after the second divine beast.

>Actual dungeons and interesting stuff to find in the open world instead of filler like shrines and koroks
>Writing that isn't trash
>Side quests that aren't fetch quests
>Combat that has more than 3 different movesets and no broken shit like flurry rush and urbosas fury
>Make the game harder, don't allow shit like eating during combat without punishment
>Fix the cooking system so you can't just take 1 anything+a trifle for +100% health
>Actual story
>Bigger enemy variety

In more ways than one too, their OST when you first arrive features an SOS message throughout it.
youtube.com/watch?v=B1FJp9WISGQ

Do you mean the zora canyon path?
Because i dont think that should be classed as 'easy'

I approached Zora from behind and missed all the Prince Sidon stuff

smaller world (like 75% of BoTW)
more interesting interiors (like caves and castles)
traditional dungeons that reward Link with different, unbreakable weapons similar to the master sword (spear, bow, boomerang, hammer, etc)
greater enemy variety
Ganondorf

Attached: Master Sword.png (865x2521, 453K)

It's a sandbox with one objective and then everything is optional, you can do things the way you want provided that you don't want the benefit from structured game design. Your ability to fashion your own solutions is also limited to the systemic parts of the game, as soon as the game drops the systems for something like Gerudo town you're back to a far more rigid system with one fixed solution.

At best you're resting on vague inclines or trying to glide over between places. It can provide the opportunity to plan but it does so pretty terribly.
Aside from your final burst of stamina it's also pretty pointless to give you the ability to climb faster while expending more stamina.

I really think BOTW is on that tier already. If they somehow make the next game even better, it will quite literally be the best game of all time.

yeah if they design it for the superior platform that would be great.

So what you want is a Sony-brand cinematic experience with zero gameplay?

Get rid of the cringy voice acting, or at least git rid of the british shit
Zelda is so fucking annoying

Oh forgot to add
>Can't carry more than 1 set of clothing so temperature doesn't become absolutely meaningless

I think getting an indestructible weapon after fulfilling the main and maybe even the sidequests as well of a Zelda races capital is good enough. Theere's no reason the Gerudo couldn't have had the Mirror Shield or the Goron had the Biggoron Sword

>Can't have good writing with gameplay
Retarded zoomer.

I disagree. I think one of the most fun parts of the game- and one of the main ways you get stronger- is through collecting and upgrading armor, so you eventually have one for every situation.

Combat is fairly basic and needs to improve

make it less boring and repetitive. it should be fun to explore instead of feeling like Oblivion where every dungeon was designed by one guy but still had more variety than BoTW

You get champion weapons that are infinitely replenishable and last for a long time already.

>it does so pretty terribly

Compared to what? Which game does it better?

Yeah, but it's stupid if extreme cold or heat isn't an obstacle anymore. It's just 5 seconds of changing your clothing. Mechanics like carrying a fire weapon are just thrown away. If you could only carry one set of clothing you would have to go back to the stable to explore an area with extreme cold/heat or save the time by using food/elemental weapons/torch and so on

the Gerudo shield isn't exactly easy to find and I know you'll be rolling in Diamonds eventually but they're not exactly common as Flint.

Unironically no, you almost never can. Name FIVE non-RPG games that have good writing and good gameplay, I'll wait.

>RPGs don't count!
Fuck off retard. BotW could have much better writing than the toddler tier writing it does have.

Morrowind did the same and did it better.

If your gonna use critical acclaim, Skyrim wins. Cope

Bring key items back

It sure could, at the expense of gameplay. RPGs don't count because you're certainly not going to turn BotW into one, are you, retard?

>Add the sword beam
seriously why the fuck did they not have it? Maybe I just didn't get it because I haven't played a ton, but Zelda 1 and 2 give it to you from the start...
>change weapon fragility into weapon durability
stop making me pause so often to switch weapons because one broke. minecraft did durability completely fine, how can botw not?
>bring back the palaces from zelda 2
they don't have to be exactly the same but the room and elevator maze is a good design

>If your gonna use critical acclaim, Skyrim wins. Cope.

Cope indeed.

Attached: Screenshot_2018-09-16-11-00-00-1.png (1080x1080, 832K)

Why the fuck did Nintendo decide in BOTW that enemies should never ever drop rupees again? Even the sheikah guys that do actually give rupees give such a low amount its basically pointless. Also we need more stuff to be able to spend rupees on like a weapon shop or something.

It doesn't, you absolute moron. Giving the sidequests better writing than
>GIVE ME THIS THING BECAUSE I NEED IT
Doesn't make the gameplay worse, retarded drone.

Attached: 1557080036798.png (2536x1612, 413K)

The lack of a weapon shop is very conspicuous.

There is no blacksmith anywhere, everyone seems to just use "communal" weapons left over from the war 100 years ago.

Thats some top-tier cherry picking.

You wouldn't be one of those salty crybabies who can't handle it, are you?

>100 years passed
>People didn't manage to build more than a few very small villages
Reminds me of Fallout 4

>Cherrypicking
Pretty much every single sidequest in BotW is trash like this. You'd know if you played the game. Even the most glorified quest in the game is
>Talk to NPC
>Collect wood
>Talk to NPC
>Collect wood
>Talk to NOC
>Collect wood

BotW is a better game and you just can't handle it.

That's not an argument, you braindead drone.

No you're still cherry picking like fuck and completely ignoring the Shrine Quests.

>Zelda
>meaningful and compelling story

You mean the badly written puzzles? And no it's not cherrypicking if the majority of quests look like this.

>You mean the badly written puzzles? And no it's not cherrypicking if the majority of quests look like this.

Yup and straight away you start dismissively shitposting because you can't handle it.

The master sword does shoot a beam at full health. You have to aim like you're throwing the weapon.

Not an argument

>does it so much better
Is he talking about making a flop?

Because if so, he's correct. Until then

200+ GoTYs (BoTW

Eventide and the Lost Woods shrine quests are the only good ones. Eventide is genuinely great because it evokes the feeling you had on The Great Plateau and provides an actual challenge.
People like to forget that shrine quests can be complete garbage, like waiting around for a blood moon.

The quests aren't really amazing, but they serve the same purpose as everything else in the game- a vehicle to explore the world and learn about your surroundings. In that respect, I think they're fine.

>thread about improving BoTW
>user lists thinks he would hope to see improved upon in the next Zelda
>"STFU, COPE LMFAO"
>"COPE LOL"
>"SEETHING"
>"SONY"

Attached: 1508255132712.png (1000x700, 101K)

Saying "Not an argument" isn't going to help you kid. Please cry for another two years. I never tire of the salt.

Nobody gets touchier about their games than Nintendofags and Fromsoftfags. I love both BoTW and Bloodborne but good luck trying to critique those games on here.

>More sales than every 3D Zelda combined

Wow man. Wow. Sales. Wow.

Stop talking shit. There's been plenty of good discussion in this thread. But shitters will be quite rightly put in their place.

They could still have better writing than
>Collect X Y's because I need them
Atleast give the player motivation to complete a side quest. Make it interesting.
Not an argument

>Wow man. Wow. Sales. Wow.
And GoTYs
And Relevance
And you know, everything that matters.

Cope

That's completely fair. I'm agreeing with you on that one.

Yeah, we can just hope the next game has better writing. Combine RDR 2's godlike writing and BotW's godlike gameplay and we'd have the GOAT

>good luck trying to critique those games on here.

I've been openly critical of BotW since Day One.

Here's a real flaw - by making the game completely open there's no escalation in difficulty in the shrines. Because they call be accessed at anytime.

Thats a flaw.

You won't see many people bring that up though because most of the silly kids on here are utterly pathetic retards with zero-understanding of Game Design.

Instead, they'll cry about stupid, moronic or redundant nonsense.

And for the record, that flaw I pointed out, doesn't detract that much from the game and its still a fucking masterpiece which shits all every other open world game.

I don't see how wanting more interesting side quests with better stories is a shitter opinion. It's the whole point of this thread, it's discussing a dream Zelda.

You for some reason think it's impossible to have both good side quests and gameplay and are now chimping out at the mere thought of somebody not enjoying BoTWs side content. Pretty cringe desu. I loved BoTW and hated it's side quests. Even the Tarrey Town one was fucking dogshit, literally a giant fetch quest. Google the 75 side quests and everyone of them is MMO tier (go clear out this mokoblin camp, go take a picture of this, collect me 10 crickets). It's shit tier, but that's ok, because I can hate things about a game and still love the fuck out of it.

You liked the side content? Good for you, I didn't. The shrines were also pretty forgettable outside of maybe 15~ out of the 100+ ones I encountered. I also didn't enjoy the divine beasts as much as you probably did.

I enjoy the world, the freedom, the gameplay and the survival aspects. I would like the next Zelda to maybe focus more on variety (enemies) and side content being more memorable (more interesting side quests and less shrines) but i'm still gonna buy and play the fuck out of it regardless.

Stop chimping out over people criticizng aspects of a game you like you dumb fanboy

>You won't see many people bring that up though
People have brought that up several times in this thread alone. That's a pretty common criticism.

>everything that matters.

MEANWHILE...

youtu.be/GxWhfhmh4PY

Attached: 97.png (1080x1522, 957K)

Yup and is about the most severe 'flaw' you can possibly aim at BotW. Just about every other flaw I see mentioned in this thread is pathetic and desperate.

Why does the game have so many story cutscenes? Why did they waste their rescources on half backed uninteresting 1-dimensional characters with zero depth? I don´t get why Zelda keeps tring to have an epic story when they can´t write stories for shit and they only ever managed to do something interesting with MM and TP. Midna is the ONLY good character. Like, what else do we have? That one guy from the Ds games is cool I guess.

TWO YEARS OF THIS SHIT LMAOOOO HOW DO YOU RETARDS NOT GET OVER IT

Attached: Rival_Devs_In_Awe_of_BotW_2.png (1861x1080, 420K)

>the most severe 'flaw' you can possibly aim at BotW.
Yeah.. and the writing being shit, the enemy variety being lacking, the open world being pretty empty aside from worthless filler, the combat being shit for numerous reasons.

Stories in games are always shit. And go against what interactivity can do to a medium

I’d rather make my own adventure like I did in botw. That’s much more memorable

Dungeons that aren´t absolute throwaway trash. Nintendo keeps adding worthless, poorly designed filler content just so they can have impressive looking numbers. Thei open world design has gotten really awful.

>Opinionated drivel, nitpicks and lies
Every time

Abandon thread the falseflagging snoyboys have arrived

Not an argument

I think you guys set the bar a little too low.

Sounds like any side quest in just about any game ever. What, do you want BotW to reinvent the wheel? Is it too video-gamey for you? Maybe you should stick to movies.

actually having something to do in the overworld for a fucking start

Neither are your lies and nitpicks.

Yup, you never played any game aside from BotW

>the writing being shit

Well thats your opinion bro. If you're playing a video game for the story thats pretty sad.

>The enemy variety being lacking

Its fine though. I'd post a list of the enemy's in the game but you would just lose your shit.

>the open world being pretty empty aside from worthless filler

Again, shit opinion. There more to do in BotW than every other Zelda and most other open world games. And you will deny it.

>the combat being shit for numerous reasons.

The combat is fine. Its deep and robust enough to allow for all kinds of options, strategies, experimentation without it ever overshadowing the core gameplay.

Again, you have nothing. Nothing but shit opinions which can be BTFO by actual facts.

user pls. I'll give a (You), but next time you've got to try a little harder than that.

Cope

> He didn't find the 13 Zelda memories

Surely you can bring up some examples instead of relying on non-arguments, right?

>wanting to hear Zelda bitching at Link and learning that she fucked everything up by withholding the sheikah slate from him purely out jealousy

>shit opinion
>who cares if the writing sucks because i dont value that component
>again you have nothing but shit opiniona btfo by facts

Yikes.

Heres a fact. Skyrim sold more copies than every 3d zelda. Bonus fact, Witcher 3 did as well and has way more gotys and a way higher use score. RDR2 too.

Those are actual facts as in observable statistics
BoTW isnt even the best open world game of its gen, not even top 3, cope

>Implying they provide interesting characterization

>Well thats your opinion bro
A fact*
>I'd post a list of the enemy's in the game but you would just lose your shit.
Don't worry I'll do it for you
>There more to do in BotW than every other Zelda and most other open world games.
That doesn't mean the open world isn't empty, retard.
>The combat is fine.
3 movesets. Flurry rush is literally broken. Being able to eat during combat gives you infinite health. Urbosas Fury and the other skills making you so strong that you basically can't die. Lacking enemy variety making the enemies piss easy to defeat a few hours in because you know all their moves. Armor being extremely overpowered once you upgrade it. Stronger enemies are just being bullet sponges instead of having a moveset that's harder to deal with like in Souls games.

Attached: 1514224144237.jpg (3172x1236, 867K)

People talking about BotW as if it´sense of exploration is anything special when Yume Nikki did it years ago and is infinitely more engaging in that aspect.

Attached: Yume-Nikk-TopArt.jpg (1440x1080, 95K)

People who regurgitate trash opinions like "all the sidequests were bad!" and "there's not enough content variety" either haven't played BotW in a long time or are just shitposting.

This is just a smidgen of well-fleshed out areas and quests in the game:

>Eventide Island
>The three labyrinths
>Typhlo Ruins
>Finding the Korok Forest
>Finding Lurelin Village
>The quest where you have to cast lightning using a metal weapon to blow up a giant boulder
>The Stolen Heirloom: Tailing the three suspects and finding out the guard's backstory
>Pretty much all the Gerudo Town quests, like trailing the source of all the melon rinds, the forggoten sword, eavesdropping to get the secret shop's password, etc.
>Finding The Lord of the Mountain
>Freeing the dragon covered in malice
>Kass' questline and discovering his backstory

Attached: 1394.jpg (446x357, 29K)

>skyrim sales
Wow, multiplat with a zillion re-releases sold a lot. Must be better lol. I own two copies of Skyrim including the Switch version.

>RDR2
Pic-related and COPE.

Your enemy list is fucking lie just all the other pathetic desperate memes you've been posting for more than TWO YEARS.

Bokoblins
Moblins
Guardian Scouts
Guardian Drones
Guardian Towers
Shrine Guardians
Shrine Guardian bosses
Talus (various types ice/fire etc)
Hinox
Stallnox
Moldulga
Yiga Assassin
Yiga Warrior
Wizrobe (various types ice/fire/electric & swarms etc)
Malice spawn
Keese (various types ice/fire/electic etc)
Talus sprogs
Lizalfos (various types ice/fire/electic etc)
Stalfos (various types)
Wolves
Boars
Bears
Weird ostrich things
Lynels
Octoroks (water/land/volcanic types)
ChuChus (various types ice/fire/electric etc)

This doesn't even include the vast amount of non-hostile wildlife to hunt/kill/capture/interact with. Nor does acknowledge the gulf in enemy animation, AI and behavioural routines compared to every other Zelda.

>empty world

Its not.

>crying about combat but can't actually make a convincing argument.

YIKES

Attached: 1555967554017.png (1485x900, 320K)

Good job, you listed pretty much all the game has to offer.
>there's not enough content variety
This is a fact. The enemy variety is lacking and the moveset variety is pathetic. 3 fucking movesets. And yes the sidequests were bad. The writing is shit and most of the sidequests were fetch quests.

>What, specifically, do you even like about it?

After spending the first few hours of the game on the Great Plateau (probably the best tutorial area in any game ever) here's what I did:

Found the 2nd tower
Climbed the Duelling Peaks and completed the shrines there.
Encountered my first fully functioning Guardian.
Found Kakario and Hateno Villages, each with their own unique culture, lore and side quests to spend hours in.
Caught and tamed a horse and found my first stable
Fought a Dragon on a mountaintop
Travelled to an Island which became an amazing survival challenge all on it's own.
Fighting 3 giant ogre brothers
Ran a gauntlet of enemy camps on the way to Zora City
Zora City itself
A pant-shitting stealth mission on a mountain top to collect arrows from a centaur monster
Using those arrows in a one-on-one battle with a giant mechanical beast in a lake while riding on the back of a merman
Conquering inside of the mechanical beast and subsequent boss battle

While all this is going on I'm constantly engaged with the world around me: weather and climate forces me to adapt to how I travel. The topography and verticality makes getting to destinations fun and engaging. I'm finding subterranean shrines with their own unique challenges and obstacle courses, I'm finding various types of korok puzzles, I'm stumbling into boss battles with huge Rock Monsters, Ogres, Centuars and Skeletal Giants, I'm finding myself ambushed on the road by assassins disguised as NPCs, I'm racing against time to catch falling stars before the sun rises, I'm battling enemy camps, saving local NPCs from danger, and fending off bears and wolves.

All of this happened to me in ONE FUCKING CORNER OF THE MAP.

This "no-content" meme seems to only exist in place of people having a genuine argument against the game.

>n-no all that doesn't count! Reeeeeee!

>Your enemy list is fucking lie
It isn't though. Those are all the enemies. And no animals aren't enemies.
>Its not.
Filling it with shit like koroks and shrines doesn't make it less empty.
>No counter argument for the combat criticism
Bravo.

-Better characters and more interesting quests to go along with them
-More ability progression, new ways to interact with the world and the physics engine
-Better bosses, using link's movement abilities. Like, come on, you have that climbing mechanic but the only thing close to a colossus fight is a tiny mini-boss
-An item trading quest
-Beedle not being useless
That's what I would like.

Post boic*nny you fucking faggots

I don't mind a big open approach but how about multiple smaller 'open worlds' that act as mega-dungeons with actual progession/difficulty gating? The biggest problem with BOTW's absolute nonlinear design is that while you have the freedom to tackle 'hard' areas first, the easy areas you skipped are underwhelming once you go back to them. Basically, you'd get multiple great plateaus this way - open areas that you can then exit once you have a certain item

First area - contains 1 dungeon
Second area - contains 3 dungeons, can be tackled in any order
Third area - contains 3 dungeons, can be tackled in any order
Final dungeon

Weapon durability is something I don't mind if Link has a standard unbreakable weapon, and the stronger ones are temp breakable ones you get from enemies.

Needs at least 6 proper dungeons and 4 open, optional 'world dungeons' like Hyrule Castle

No shrines, way more emphasis on grottos, caves, etc

>>crying about combat but can't actually make a convincing argument.
>can´t actually refute argument so pretends it was bad
>>Keeps posting quotes from shit reviewers that can´t actually substantiate arguments and are wowed by basic game design

>most of the sidequests were fetch quests

As opposed to the tedious fetch quests in other Zelda games or the "talk to arbitrary NPC to progress the questline" trash that MM perpetuated?

I'm not going to pretend all of BotW's sidequests were enjoyable, but Stolen Heirloom alone is easily one of the best the series has to offer by far.

Here's what I did
>Found a tower
>Did some shrines
>Found an enemy
>Found 2 villages
>Found a horse and a stable
>Shot a dragon that doesn't fight back
>One actual good thing about the game being eventide island
>Fought 3 copypasted minibosses
>Fought copypasted enemy camps
>Found a "city"
>Collected arrows while running away from an enemy
>Cinematic battle against a big robot
>Conquered a mini dungeon that takes about 10 minutes to complete
Bravo

Go away snoyfag

>Fought a Dragon on a mountaintop
youtu.be/sjQciNO-ODU
Here's your bossfight, bro.

The thread had some good banter but now the seethings jealous shitters are here to sperg out. Just like they've been doing every day for more than two years.

All because they cannot handle the reality that Nintendo made one of the best games of all time.

They need to effectively make a 3D Link Between Worlds, in regards to nonlinearity. BOTW was an interesting 'what if', but it proved that ultimately, a truly nonlinear Zelda is not satisfying due to the lack of difficulty scaling. The Divine Beasts and Blight Ganons ranged from laughably easy to tepid.

the gameplay
the empty world
the graphics
the framerate
having to play as gay link

Stolen Heirloom would be a middling quest in MM. It's literally just follow the guy into the woods, save him from a generic enemy, then listen to his tragic backstory. Just because his monologue gave the feels doesn't mean the quest itself was anything special.

The combat is not fine.
Fine means that it needs no improvement as it is good enough.
We've had this discussion many times.
It is easy to abuse knockdown and juggling.
The feedback from player input needs to be fixed in the next game.
I went back and played every game, and TP and SS Link had the fast and snappy respond time on a button press.

>Go into thread about BotW criticism
>Get mad because people criticize BotW

He didn't say it was a boss fight, he said he fought a dragon on a mountaintop, which is true since it's in the game. I don't know what posting a video of it is supposed to prove.

You people are never going to get over this game, are you?

>Fight
>"Enemy" doesn't even fight back
You drones really are delusional

The only people that are mad ITT are the desperate faggots who have tried to convince the board that the game is bad for TWO YEARS and failed

Is Zelda a willyvania?

Attached: 1f914.png (512x512, 24K)

>Go into thread about BotW criticism
>Get mad because people critcize BotW

So you turned the game of the decade into a tedious experience out of spite for the people who enjoyed it, truly the game is trash.

But I've been criticising the game too kiddo. Only difference is that I'm still recognising the game as an absolute masterpiece.

Why can't you handle it? I already know the reason lol.

"Fought a dragon" is disingenuous. He used some eyeballs as target practice. The dragon was passive.

>Trying to convince the dicksuckers that the game is flawed and by no means a 10/10 means saying it´s garbage

Why can't you handle that people criticize BotW in a thread about BotW criticism?

Just posting the same shit over and over again does not make you any less delusional

>You drones really are delusional

He says while BotW continues to top GOAT lists more than two years after release

LMFAO

Listening to dumb monologues and being the delivery boy for NPCs is literally the bulk of what you do in MM's quests. Stolen Heirloom uses the stealth mechanic, has a sort of miniboss fight and even incorporates other quests into its progression.

Also Kass's quests are better than anything MM has to offer because they incorporate BotW's gameplay too.

>Why can't you handle that people criticize BotW in a thread about BotW criticism?

But people have been criticising it while still acknowledging that its a masterpiece.

Why can't you do that? I already know the answer.

>"Fought a dragon" is disingenuous.

No, it's not. You can't understand basic words.

He fought a dragon. He didn't say the dragon fought back.

So why do you go into threads you don't like just to get mad? You knew people here will criticize BotW. If you can't handle it you should just make your own thread or something
It's not a masterpiece. You should stop going into threads just to get mad about different opinions, especially when you know you'll see different opinions there.

It's not a fight if the enemy doesn't fight you retard. You don't fight a fucking deer either.

There's a difference between having opinions and being a salty jealous shitter.

>You can't understand basic words.
He fought the blight, dude. At least say "Saved a dragon" if you want to be accurate while still sounding like it wasn't boring as fuck.

Keep getting mad over criticism in a criticism thread

It is a fight by definition, but would you have felt better if he used the word "chased" instead?

Imagine dilluting his overall point this much by nitpicking his fucking choice of words in a single sentence.

I'm not the one who's been traumatised for more than two years lmao

>It is a fight by definition
It literally isn't.
en.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/fight
Traumatized by what? A game I enjoyed being successful? Get a grip you braindead drone.

>actual dungeons
>less shrines, and more content in them
>fix weapon degradation; either repair by smithy, more weapon bonuses on mobs, or more durability in general
>beasts first pointing at Ganon, then you let them free, fuck the actual design, it's countersome and make the scenary stupid
>add in valuable secrets, not literally shit
>Ganondorf ve wisdom, Zelda courage and Link power, or a mixmash of the like
>

Another game doesn't have to do something better in order for it to be terrible though I suppose a lot of games focused around unique forms of traversal do so better than BotW does with its climbing.

It would have been better to only be able to scale moderately steep inclines by default then gain the ability to scale more steep faces briefly while relying on myriad other methods of getting from point A to point B through bizarre terrain with a more fleshed out toolkit, starting with your making your basic bitch glider do more than just descend slowly.
Just dotting the landscape with features that encourage mobility would be more interesting than figuring out where best to rest on a cliff face.

It just a while to digest and beat. I’m taking my time.

>It literally isn't.

Did you even read the link you posted? Literally the first definition under "noun", a violent confrontation.

Again, though, I just find it funny that you got your feathers this ruffled over a single word in a much larger post.

OK it's a CONFRONTATION then. How much are you going to fixate on this desperately trying to deny and conveniently ingoring the rest of the list of content?

is it bad that i didnt enjoy oot at all but i absolutely loved majoras mask? there was always something more to majoras mask for me

An EXCHANGE of physical blows. The dragon DOESN'T FIGHT BACK. You absolute fucking retard. You DONT FIGHT A DEER you HUNT it because IT DOESNT FIGHT BACK

Biggest difference to me is MM's quests are worth doing. Just about all of them give you something worthwhile that ties into the gameplay while also expanding on the world and its inhabitants, as opposed to a blessed shrine. Some are particularly great, like Anju and Kafei or saving Romani. The fact that you can see the aftermath of your success or your failures gives them an extra layer of depth.

Not sure why you're ripping into MM for the same reasons you want to praise the Stolen Heirloom. Don't try to pretend you thought it was amazing because you walked behind some guy and fought a generic baddy. You liked the dialogue.

Re-read my post and try again.

4 big dungeons, 4 open optional dungeons like Hyrule Castle. Throughout BOTW I was just waiting to stumble across a giant hidden dungeon, but the closest thing to that was the dilapidated Guardian-infested temple or the Labyrinths.

Re-read the definition of fight before posting you absolute retard. The the opponent doesn't fight back, it's not a fight.

Smaller world with more to actually do in it. I hate open world games because it's such a slog to travel anywhere and 90% of the game is doing nothing, BOTW included. Also, let's bring back proper dungeons and items again, please. And while we're at it, remove weapon durability, that also have hindered the fun.

*actual towns with a lot of npcs and secrets
*actual closed dungeons that involve backtracking and riddles, keys, etc
*no more handholding
*story (old zelda games don't have a intricate story but at least they have one, not like botw with it's inexistent """story""")
*sense of progression
*no more clunky weapons that break like in 10 hits

>Not sure why you're ripping into MM for the same reasons you want to praise the Stolen Heirloom.

I'm not. Read what I'm saying more carefully.

The problem with MM's sidequests, even their best ones, is that they incorporate dialogue and NPC interactivity at the total expense of anything resembling the core gameplay (with the exceptions being the minigames, but those typically weren't story-driven). BotW's best sidequests had both. BotW's best sidequests didn't sacrifice one of those things in lieu of another, and even their gameplay-oriented ones like The Serpent's Jaw were great because they focused on curating an interesting navigational experience that resulted in an ambush battle against lightning arrow toting Lizalfos instead of the mindless fetchy/minigame shit you got in past titles.

You're reaching in deep now. I refuse to believe you genuinely think the sacred heirloom is easily one of the best quests the series has offered so far because you liked walking behind a guy and fighting a generic enemy before the monologue. You're pretending MM didn't have gameplay attached to its quests to try and make a point. If you want to dumb that down by saying MM's are all fetchy/minigame shit, then I'll dumb BotW's down by saying they're all shitty fetchquests with garbage rewards. The one that is most commonly praised out of all of them is, ironically enough despite it being MMO tier shit, Tarry Town purely for its reward. It also baffles me that you're trying to suggest the serpent's jaw was enjoyable or meaningful in any way.
>interesting navigational experience
lol

Proper dungeons and caves to explore.

MM doesn't take advantage of its core gameplay in most of its sidequests in the same way BotW tends to for its better sidequests. Ironically, MM does a lot of the things you're shitting on BotW for; any "gameplay" oriented aspect of the sidequests there amounts to either a fetchquest, a minigame, or just approaching the right NPC at the right time. It's a pretty simple and straightforward observation, and you're not doing a very good job of countering that.

A lot of BotW's sidequests are fetchquests, and not particularly good ones. I didn't deny that, but I'm comparing these two games at their best.

>It also baffles me that you're trying to suggest the serpent's jaw was enjoyable or meaningful in any way.

It was pretty great, yeah. I still remember chasing down that dragon and shooting one of its scales off, then dropping down into the heart of the jungle to find Kass playing music, and then following these weird dragon head statues in a massive fucking rainforest teeming with gauntlets of enemies shooting rain-enhanced electric arrows at me from all sides while I desperately try to reach the end where the altar is so I can place the scale there to open up a shrine. The whole thing was a nice surprise without being overstated.

there should be opportunity to take zelda's shoes off and give her a royal footrub.