Character is described as canonically lucky

>Character is described as canonically lucky
>They instantly lose all credibility and their accomplishments mean nothing because they just lucked through everything
Why do writers do this?

Attached: 1532463500047.png (1280x800, 338K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=cNbjNxX2-vM
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>character is described as canonically lucky
>isn't actually lucky

Attached: 21.gif (151x200, 112K)

>Due to character's luck all discussion of anything boils down to
>Lol their luck will let them survive/win!

>they die

Attached: celeste.png (191x164, 66K)

What is this from, friendo?

>bases all his credibility and accomplishments on luck

Attached: Nagito-Komaeda-Danganronpa-riku114-41019137-1920-1080.jpg (1920x1080, 157K)

?
she was the ultimate gambler, not ultimate lucky student

Because they are humongous betas who were teased in highschool by chad. They can't understand that they lacked charisma or basic social skills so they blame it on chad's genes or "luck"

Reminds me of that tweet from a dev of uncharted that said something like. "Drake doesnt actually shot. The bullets just miss him until his luck runs out, then he gets shot" What the fuck is that shit?

DanganRonpa 1.

well gambling is purely luck
danganronpa :)

So we're just talking about Halo now? Damn near half of all vs discussions about MC end with "yeah, but he's lucky".

tfw deathbattle gave chief the win against doomguy because of that bullshit. And you know they are gonna pull it again when Samus vs Chief happens

it means she's only good at gambling, not luck in general

There is another student who is actually all about luck, so by default his luck would kill her unless she was a good guy.

I dont understand dangaronpa, isnt it like, japanese Saw, kind of.

This is why Arthur is the best because hes horribly unlucky and still manages to be successful.

Attached: Full_Portrait_Arthur.png (1600x1920, 912K)

Tell that to my Arthur, I had to restart a chapter at least 12 times because he got crit on the first turn every single time

quit making him fight guys with killer weapons you fool.

It was a spearman with a 70% chance to hit and a 4% chance to crit. I like Arthur because my luck is 0 irl

The premise is straightforward: 16 kids are locked in a big school building filled with gadgets and weapons by the host, Monokuma. If any of them commit murder and the rest of the cast cant figure out who it is, they get to go free. Otherwise the murderer is executed in an elaborate way (like being airdropped into a lake of boiling oil). The writer then uses the characters exaggerated skills, personalities, and designs to come up with ridiculous murder mysteries you then have to solve through a combination of interrogation and investigation. Monokuma himself bribes, blackmails, or deceives the kids into killing if they're reluctant, and between.murders the cast seeks escape and answers about Monokuma.

Can you save everyone?

Nope. Outcomes of cases are fixed, and given the nature of the game there are a LOT of casualties.

I get it, but that saddens me

Attached: 1527385062306.gif (320x256, 1.86M)

>character is known for being unlucky
>his unluckyness effects his enemies
>uses being unlucky as a advantage
Closest I can think of is maybe Voodoo Vince

Attached: 90A2FEDF-12A8-43DF-BF3F-3BDABADD4580.jpg (318x445, 42K)

>Character is described as canonically lucky
>Nanomachines

Yep. The game tries to keep up a "psycho punk" atmosphere of fun and color with the cast having scenes together, but it's definitely intending to push some buttons. Hell, Monokuma says he's running the whole thing just to make people despair. Each game does have a hopeful ending though.

YOSHA LUCKY!!!

youtube.com/watch?v=cNbjNxX2-vM

Attached: over-time-space-sentai-kyuranger-03-cee2cfe7-mkv-snapshot-17-14-2018-02-20-09-56-14_orig.jpg (1100x619, 146K)

This is Monokuma btw. What he actually is is a big part of the game plot.

Attached: 1640465bd405f67549310c7c8641702464922fc4v2_hq.jpg (313x470, 20K)

>Character is immune to gunfire
>Loses the tech that gave them the ability
>Later, still does it, making you wonder if it was the tech or them all along

Attached: komaeda roullete.jpg (960x544, 156K)

I haven’t seen that episode in a while, but the only part that they used his “luck” was for him to use his entire armory. And that was before Halo 4 where it was revealed his “luck” was actually the Didact’s wife planning out everything.

So, he isnt actually lucky at all?

>character is literally magic
>nanomachines
>character is basically a plant
>wolbachia-male to female

Metal gear went to shit when it tried to explain everything and make everyone important in the grand scheme of things.

>Antagonist has incredible reality warping abilities, or have power beyond what the protagonist should be able to handle
>They never use said power in any fight
>The protagonist doesn’t even have a glazed McGuffin to combat these powers, but instead hits the villians hard enough

I’m pretty sure he actually isn’t, but I could be 100% wrong.

Man reality warping characters are stupid broken. You either have to come up with some BS where they lose their powers, or make the other characters on par or even better at it.

>Man reality warping characters are stupid broken. You either have to come up with some BS where they lose their powers, or make the other characters on par or even better at it.
Well how else are they supposed to defeat them?

Hamatora morals?