Comfy Metroid Thread

Lets keep this going.
>favorite 2D game
>favorite Prime
>favorite suit
>favorite OST
>favorite area

Attached: 1557466308431.jpg (732x618, 425K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/2IDwFxsosfE?t=146
youtube.com/watch?v=eujm3ZQWjdk
youtube.com/watch?v=ud1XmOXQ-JA
youtube.com/watch?v=LUaL7VNQ9eY
youtube.com/watch?v=CHCybVe2p9I
youtube.com/watch?v=8d5pRyQp7BA
youtube.com/watch?v=2HR8G_ISJ2M
youtube.com/watch?v=z_V3YmbOxFE
youtube.com/watch?v=qseb1Np6N44
youtube.com/watch?v=5lTWCkF8B3o
youtube.com/watch?v=Av2Onxmh24w
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>Super
>1
>Phazon
>Phendrana
>Downed Frigate

Attached: phazon_suit.png (2800x1600, 2.92M)

Phendrana Drifts is okay, but it's not one of the best songs in Prime to me.

>Super
>1
>Gravity
>Tallon Overworld (with rain effects)
>Brinstar

Attached: GUEST_80724e7b-c15c-4471-b213-cdd41e9bfc1f.jpg (488x488, 36K)

Guess the OP should post, too.
>Fusion
>2
>Fusion
>Bryyo
>Torvus

Attached: 1557454501376.gif (354x304, 107K)

Did you know that the shinespark is a reference to Getter Robo, a super robot who uses an attack of the same name similar type of damage? youtu.be/2IDwFxsosfE?t=146

>SWITCH ON
I love hearing that in everything it's in.

tfw we only get getter robo armageddon in srw, these days. I get that the old VAs are old as fuck but there are other GRs.

Samus is a part human, part bird, part robot, part Metroid being?

After Fusion, she's just part human, bird, and robot. I believe the Metroid DNA got purged from her system.

She isnt part robot at all. In a way since the suit is part of her physical makeup and she can summon it at will in an instant. But besides that, all flesh and bone.

I know that the suit is almost more of a spiritual thing, but I always figured it was grafted to her in some way post-Fusion.

That would be a terrible existence. But since the Fusion suit is just the Power Suit but with a different look after fusion. I dont think its grafted to her.

I don't mean it's completely grafted to her, but a part of her is permanently suited. Isn't there old Fusion concept art of her with a robot gauntlet / arm?

Yeah, but it doesnt mean anything, just some stylish art.

>favorite 2D game
Super, same as everyone else.
>favorite Prime
Haven't played them all yet. Only played 3, didn't care for it.
>favorite suit
The Varia suit from Metroid II. The massive visual change you get from the shoulders was pretty impressive, especially with the grayscale graphics.
>favorite OST
Fusion's spookier areas, else Super again.
>favorite area
Didn't like Prime 3, but loved Elysia. Different from the norm and draped in mystery.

Attached: Metroid_prime_3_corruption-02.jpg (1920x1080, 259K)

>Zero Mission
>Prime 2
>Bit of a tossup between phazon and light. Gravity suit in Samus Returns was also cool
>Tallon Overworld II. Torvus Bog is a close second
>Sanctuary Fortress
Any expectations for Prime 4? I wish Metroid Prime could make a come back, seeing as Prime 3 made it clear there were other heavily mutated metroids, but with phazon destroyed, who knows. I'll just be happy to have a spooky planet to explore.

Attached: cheekycunt.jpg (1356x762, 652K)

>favorite 2D game
Pic related
>favorite Prime
Prime 2
>favorite suit
Edgelord Paazon Suit
>favorite OST
Prime 2
>favorite area
Sanctuary Fortress

Attached: am2rcrt.jpg (784x731, 82K)

Expectations or hopes? I don't even know what to expect. My main hope is that the music is godlike.

I don't think a Metroid soundtrack has ever disappointed me, now that you mention it.

Yep. Then tell me why I'm so nervous that the new one won't be good?
I grew up playing these games, and my hopes for Prime 4 are so astronomically high that my expectations have dipped so low. It's interesting how psychology works.

Attached: 1557539221287.png (538x420, 436K)

Sure most of the people who made the first 3 prime games dont work at retro anymore. But I think the old times who are left will keep the ship on a good course.

Attached: spineshark.webm (640x560, 2.85M)

Attached: 3028f65cdf683d981ba3aa1d0307a467.jpg (640x339, 36K)

familiar

Attached: theworld.png (596x1107, 1.88M)

tfw my cousin is into Metroid. She has a pillow with Samu's face on it from the Super Metroid intro. Drew me some art, and was ecstatic when I got her that Prime 3 Samus figure.

It's good to have family with similar tastes

It is but due to her religious family and views. Its like walking on eggshells when we converse.

Can't talk about Metroid? It's just about aliens

I dont mean it like that. Feels like I cant joke around with her like I can with my other friends and family. Especially with her parents around.

Just slowly ease into the more "inappropriate" stuff. I'm a Christian myself, and there's nothing wrong with jokes and banter.

Attached: 1557454283357.jpg (489x382, 120K)

Attached: moonfall.webm (640x560, 961K)

Faster

I'm gonna shamelessly shill this guy's game

youtube.com/watch?v=eujm3ZQWjdk

youtube.com/watch?v=ud1XmOXQ-JA

youtube.com/watch?v=LUaL7VNQ9eY

youtube.com/watch?v=CHCybVe2p9I

>Implying he'll ever finish it

Attached: ghost song.jpg (1280x720, 188K)

>its still not finished
When was this even announced, 2012?

I don't know, but hey, if we got Duke Nuekem Forever and The Last Guardian anything can happen.

>Super
>1
>Gravity
>Upper Maridia/Sandy Desert
>Maridia

Attached: IMG_6154.gif (512x446, 35K)

Samus Returns?

SR had a lot of bomb music.

Metroid II
Prime 2
Light Suit
youtube.com/watch?v=8d5pRyQp7BA
Probably the top half of Torvus Bog. I wish they expanded on that instead of adding the undersea machinations.

Based.
2013. As much as I am looking forward to it, it's quite the bungling. Axiom Verge didn't have a kickstarter and was released in a timely five years since its development started. Ghost Song has restarted development on Unity and isn't out of alpha.

Zese threads are slowing down. Maybe keep 'em to once every few days? And ask a question like
>What are your hopes, dreams, and nightmares for Prime 4?

Attached: Harmony of a Hunter.jpg (680x960, 94K)

Attached: Samus armcannon.jpg (1680x1050, 232K)

It's not fair

Attached: IMG_2055.png (1136x640, 1.44M)

>Boring music

I though the overworld theme and the hatchling theme were lacking, but everything else was nice.

Attached: Samusu.jpg (906x1263, 566K)

Attached: cloaked drone.webm (800x600, 2.94M)

Holy shit that brings back memories. I remember as a kid figuring out the fucker was there before the encounter but could never figure out where exactly. I vaguely recall that I figured out a cheesy way to wreck his shit.

Goodnight, Metroid

Attached: Samus varies.jpg (1024x1443, 596K)

>she can summon it at will in an instant
Isn't this an Other M thing?

Prime 3 started it.

Aktschually Zero Mission made it official when Samus removes her suit in a flash in the post-Mother Brain cutscene. Prime 2 does it, but it comes off more as
>Hey, look, Samus is a girl!
But ZM makes it an actual plot point that affects gameplay.

It may be a late night Metroid Thread, but as the one hollowfag that also loves Metroid, I'll bump with this:
Would Samus keep a collection of specimens on hand mainly for research purposes? She seems like the kind of bounty hunter that also does some ecological research as a hobby
Would she also be willing to keep a soulless bug nigga as a pet bug?

Attached: 1552134612287.gif (620x465, 1.26M)

A lot of it is ambient but it doesn't mean its boring.
youtube.com/watch?v=2HR8G_ISJ2M
youtube.com/watch?v=z_V3YmbOxFE
youtube.com/watch?v=qseb1Np6N44

I think Samus would keep a bug.

She has two alien ostriches and three alien chimps on her ship with her at the end of Fusion, she'd probably be okay with a little bug.

Still expecting a Metroid 5 reveal at E3 this year.

I'd love it but I'm not sure how likely it is. I think we might have to wait another year to see it.
Prime Trilogy, on the other hand, feels like a foregone conclusion at this point.

They could drop a teaser after the Prime Trilogy reveal.

The miner drone, for being featured so fucking prominently, had utterly forgettable music.

>Super
>2
>Dark
>Phendrana Drifts/Underwater Frigate Reactor Core
>GFS Valhalla/Frigate Orpheon (both versions)

>fusion
>1
>fusion (completed)
>samus' theme or brinstar
>tallon overworld

>samus' theme
?

Supes
The first Prime
The sexy Fusion suit you get as a bonus in Prime
Red Soil (Or whatever the fuck they call it in Returns soundtrack)
Dunno Chozo Ruins or Elysium

youtube.com/watch?v=5lTWCkF8B3o
youtube.com/watch?v=Av2Onxmh24w

Come on man