ITT: sequels worse than the originals

ITT: sequels worse than the originals

Attached: download.jpg (262x192, 21K)

Attached: DMC2.jpg (314x445, 26K)

Attached: 1537705241351.jpg (2334x1269, 473K)

you start

I wonder if there is anyone out there that legitimately holds this opinion and if so I'd like to hear their reasoning

Attached: sorry v.jpg (220x311, 30K)

Give me one genuine complaint.
>way more fucking content
>more intricate level design
>characters handle better
>all the original moves PLUS enhanced/better ones
Imagine thinking backtracking in vidya is some kind of inherent design flaw. Nobody in 2000 was complaining about muh backtracking muh level size. The only thing anyone complained about for years was the frame rate getting fucked sometimes.

Attached: 1487637122769.jpg (860x642, 67K)

better than kazooie fag

>Nobody in 2000 was complaining about muh backtracking muh level size.
You're right, 7 year old me was completely enamored by the level size. But then I grew up and realized BK was the superior game

Attached: hatkid hmmm.png (185x261, 27K)

Too much backtracking.

>Give me one genuine complaint.
I prefer Tooie overall, but pic related

Attached: FUCK_THIS_BITCH.jpg (480x360, 37K)

Tooie was superior in everyway.

Attached: swbf2.jpg (640x1000, 152K)

Pic unrelated.
Luigi Mansion 2

Attached: 61Q05FCGB9L._SY445_.jpg (318x445, 48K)

cringe

this but unironically

Crysis 2?

But that's wrong, you fucking retard

Attached: 1533398299425.png (625x626, 16K)

Bioshock

2 words: soul

Attached: 1537065617282.jpg (1668x1049, 406K)

"Backtracking" in of itself isn't a valid complaint.

Metroidvanias and Souls games have it as a main component of the level design and Yea Forums praises it. This is a meme argument. I"It has a common mechanic" is not criticism.

64 had better worlds and exploration
TTYD had better mechanics and gameplay

Attached: SMG2.jpg (450x450, 54K)

Tooie was way better than Kazooie

>MGS2
>Bad

Attached: 20190218.png (372x311, 197K)

You go to Terrydactyland and tell me there isn't something wrong with the level design in this game.

No, not bad, just not as good as MGS1

children believe that tooie is the superior banjo game
teenagers think kazooie is the best
real adult male gamers know that grunty's revenge is the patrician game of choice

The first one had more soul.

Attached: HL2.jpg (188x268, 10K)

I prefer MGS2 over MGS1 simply because it puts more emphasis on sneaking. There's plenty of action too, but the setpiece stuff doesn't weigh as heavily on the game as it does in MGS1. I prefer MG2 and GB over MGS1 for similar reasons.

banjo pilot is quite underrated

Too much of a focus on gimmicky minigames, for one thing. Kazooie had minigames as well, but you still had plenty of jiggies you collected through basic exploration and use of your move set. The interconnected level design is legitimately cool sometimes, but it can also make the game feel bloated and tedious because the jiggies that rely on these connections usually boil down to a boring back-and-forth.

A good majority of sequels on the NES were worse, or at least less memorable than the first entry. Only game that comes straight to mind that was definitely better than the first is Mega Man 2.

Still has some good stuff in it though, especially if you consider the DLC.

Attached: batman-arkham-knight-dvdrom-353199.17.jpg (1500x1500, 276K)

>Hey remember all these characters from the first game that weren't in the first game?

It's good but they didn't seem to have a much of a gameplan compared to the original.

>First game
>9 worlds
>Hub that's sort of window dressing at first but gets more complicated as you go along the various worlds
>100 jiggies

Tooie
>90 jiggies
>10 of these are from Jinjos
>No jiggies in the hub
>8 worlds
>Castle world got nerfed into Cauldron Keep
>Hub is just there to get from point A to point B with two dead ends

Banjo-Tooie make Banjo-Kazooie look like joke.

Banjo-Tooie put peepee in Banjo-Kazooie's coke.

You mean worse graphics, cause that’s really that basis of this argument be it table top figurines from the 80’s or vista. All stupid fucking people like you think that if it looks like a child made it compared to what it is now it it has more soul. Grow the fuck up