Vita Thread

Have you 3.69/3.70 bros hacked your Vita yet?

Attached: IMG_1140.jpg (2592x1936, 1.24M)

Other urls found in this thread:

vita.hacks.guide/
github.com/dots-tb/reF00D
amazon.com/dp/B00QGTJPM8/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_1SM1CbAF9RA94
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1hr9WKid7Ob9rPxjFu1B6C48FkRP0sttaESVtgOVPGW0/edit?usp=drivesdk
github.com/esmjanus/snes9xTYL/releases
vitadb.rinnegatamante.it/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Vita is dead.

>vita thread
>pic related is a Nintendo game

Whats the point then

i did, now i can play the other 3 games that i didnt feel like buying and then have it collect dust again

I hacked it on 3.65 firmware
>now I can play all the vita games I wanted to play!
>like, uh,
>...
And it continued to gather dust

Obviously. What are you driving at?

I hacked it then unhacked it after I couldn’t go online to download stuff I was getting from PSN Plus.

Also having to FTP into the system is complicated (granted I’ve since configured my 3DS to accept FTP connections but that was because of their shitty UNC implementation that never seems to work with modern OSes.).

Why did you even buy one?

Nicer screen than any Nintendo handheld

>having to FTP into the system is complicated
You don't have to do that.

Mine was 3.65 since i hadn't touched it in a while
I played Danganronpa V3 at least so far. There are some other games i might wanna play but didn't yet

>I hacked it then unhacked it after I couldn’t go online to download stuff I was getting from PSN Plus.
must of been before it was blown wide open, since you can get on PSN just fine hacked

Can you cold boot? I'm on 3.65 enso and I think there's very little reason for me to upgrade other than the fact that I enjoy the actual process

Vita is pretty much an emulator for me at this point, and not a very good one

I'd like to get a vita but I don't know if the price is worth it for one game.

Does anyone create quality homebrew stuff for the Vita? This ain’t the PSP...

Low price and I figured it would get games eventually. I was wrong.

Is there even a reason to update to latest firmware?
Theres just a couple games that you cant run without it.

I got a Vita and hacked it but I prefer using my new smartphone with a stretchable Bluetooth controller now. Doesn't have any input lag whatsoever despite what people here will say because it's not the cheap iPega one.

>Vita is pretty much an emulator for me at this point, and not a very good one
same here, I just use it for moonlight to stream VNs to it to play in bed.

I hacked mine a couple days ago. Having a good time.

Attached: Vita.jpg (3290x1676, 1.26M)

>tfw nonpdrm doesn't work on 3.70
>"hurr downgrade user!!"
>downgrade below 3.70
>back to games can't be played under 3.68/69/70
what's the point of downgrading again?

>

Thanks, user, I didn't know the 3.70 hack was out already.

>back to games can't be played under 3.68/69/70
What is this, 2018? This hasn't been an issue for 5 months. 3.60 plays everything now.

>"b-but Vita has no games"
Nintendobabies will never not be mad about superior Vita.
Heres a Etna wallpaper btw

Attached: f745650688.jpg (960x544, 249K)

All games run on 3.60 now.

Pfft, I expressly bought the system knowing it was a shitty platform. I was just in the mood to experience Uncharted: Golden Abyss going into Uncharted 4.

Everything else is fluff (although it did help me complete my collection of NFS:MW 2012 ports since I had the game for free on there).

Explain, because I've tried to install nonpdrm and refood and had no luck with getting refood working on 3.60, couldn't play blue reflection because it would give me an error when I tried to launch it.

only 3.60/3.65 have cold boot at this time

Is playing vita backups easy? I wanna try the persona dancing games even tho they look gay.

>had no luck with getting refood working on 3.60
Works here. Just follow the instructions on the github,

>install nonpdrm
>install pkgj and set it up
>freeshop on vita, download and play

>over 60 games
Jesus how big is your memory card?

Whats a decent price for a vita nowadays

not him but you make this sound special now with the use of microsds

throw a 128 or 256GB in that bitch and say hello to a portable game machine.

what firmware you using bro?

this
same with switch
i need a 128 upgrade

Must HAVE been, asshole

most of been a mistake

Link me the pastbin/guide and ill check it out

vita.hacks.guide

256GB SD card.

I'm a 3.60 Enso baby. Everything seems to work just fine, including higher firmware games thanks to ref00d.

are undub/english patched jp games on there too?

no, but some of those are available to use via the vita's built in "patch" folder without modifying the source files

>over 60 games
not him but that's small time, mine is 400gb I have every worth while Vita, PSP, Playstation, NES, SNES, GB, GBC and GBA that could ever even hope to want plus DLC and Updates with like 700mb left over. Hell I have and 256gb for the 3ds library and 125gb for the DS library on my flashcart these machines are only really worth it at this point if you go all out and load everything on them especially with how cheap micro SDcards are now

Did you downgrade from 3.70?

What are all the systems games I can play on my vita when I hack it
I kinda would like to play through SNES RPGs

Nobody likes stupid people.

cool story sis

posting from vitagen

Attached: 1557354527207.jpg (1490x5968, 1.88M)

Personally, I only care about Vita/PSP games. I just use my 3DS for everything else.

How do I go about hacking it? Because I have not felt the need to for a while, what game should I play? Hackers memory or that mary skelter game?

Yeah I was on 3.70. The downgrade process is incredibly easy and straightforward.

vita.hacks.guide/

I thought the first omega labyrinth got an english version?
Also, did Persona 5 and 3 dancing come out on Vita in the west already?

Reminder to improve your screen colors by changing the registry value

Is there coldboot yet for firmwares upper from 3.65?
I'm on 3.68 and I hate having to flash it everytime I reset.
Should I downgrade to 3.65 if not?

5 dancing did at the very least

How/s moonlight? Can it pull 720p60fps?

How?

I dusted mine off a few weeks ago and just put it back in the draw. It was a big enough struggle to find something to play before as an early adopter, but now so many games have been ported.

fair enough I do the same for most old games, Emulation is shit on the Vita without overclocking and only really looks nicer. The 3ds runs all that shit plus the tg16 and genesis perfectly

It's the comfiest console I've ever owned. Wish it was strong enough to play every game ever.

Friendly reminder that ref00d and comp. packs have made firmwares above 3.60 obsolete and there's literally no reason to use them anymore.

Attached: 1557389362227.jpg (660x720, 59K)

The Vita makes for a fantastic portable emulation machine, and being able to pirate the entire library (and the entire PSP's library) is fantastic. I do wish the Vita's and PSP's exclusives get ported elsewhere though. It's be nice for non-Vita owners to be able to play Dungeon Travelers 2 and Shiren the Wanderer 5. And non-PSP owners to be able to play shit like Jeanne d'Arc and Prinny (yeah, I know PPSSPP exists, but I wouldn't mind paying for quality ports to other platforms)

(download a registry editor obviously) Config > Display > color_space_mode:1 and rgb_range_mode:1

I got a Vita recently and was thinking about hacking it, but I have no desire/need for any of the benefits now that I'm not a broke teenager. While SD Card support and undubs would be nice I don't care enough to bother.

Are fan translations a thing on Vita? I know almost everything was getting translated a few years ago, so I don't think it was ever necessary, especially now that SEA games are English as well.

Basically, Vita probably has a handful of good exclusives worth playing and they easily available, so there's no real urgency to hack it. A lot of the good stuff has been ported to PS4/PC/Switch.

>hack vita
>excited to finally play my snes games on a handheld
>boot them up
>...
"fantastic portable emulation machine" my ass. The snes is nearly 30 years old for fucks sake.

Explain. How different are we talking about and for oled or slim?

>Can it pull 720p60fps?
yeah it's streaming it off your PC so you can pretty much run anything off it depending on your PC. I was going to try cemu and breath of the wild like some other user did but I doubt my toaster can run it so I keep to streaming VNs.

List needs to add Fate Extella Link, Retro City Rampage, and Shakedown Hawaii.

plz reply?

looks on to me

You're a real douchebag, huh?

I don't know, I'm mainly using it to store all my vita, psp, and ps1 games I bought onto a single sd card

>Are fan translations a thing on Vita
hahaha
>Vita probably has a handful of good exclusives worth playing
HAHAHA

Attached: 1446447647596.jpg (500x268, 84K)

Anons which game should I play? I have been feeling pretty out of it and unsure of what to play

>Go to hack Vita
>Remember buying a suitable memory card would cost more than the games would

Attached: 1437587485483.gif (266x207, 260K)

Which sd card are you using?

>cant put Silent Hill back on without a PS3 transfer
why do they do this shit to me, its compatible

vita means life

Nicer screen than any other handheld period. Better build quality too.
I’m not a fanboy of the Vita. My 3DS sees a lot more use, but it’s a shame the system never took off. Felt so good to play games on the thing.

The Vita can't run 720p.

>Remember buying a suitable memory card would cost more than the games would

Attached: sd2vita-v20.jpg (300x300, 11K)

>FTP is complicated
????????

the pixels on 3ds make snes and nes games look better tho

Slim is like a night and day improvement, no idea about OLED

I'll try this out on my phat Vita.

Once you hack it you can use SD2Vita. It’s just like the PSP Micro SD adapters. Fuck paying for Sony’s proprietary shit.

Might pick one up. What's the ideal model to get if I were to buy one for homebrew?

if it's dead, that's all the more reason to hack it. If they're not going to support it, why should you?

install pluggin manager
then fine the pluggin that lets you play games on any firmware,a nd install it

Fps is a matter of connectivity and your PC since it's just streaming.
720p is feasible but you might have trouble making out some smaller text on the Vita's small screen.
Vita's default res of 576p works best.
t. tried moonlighting MHW

Vita is a trash handheld because sony didn't give the fucking analog sticks buttons and instead of getting L2 and R2 we get Nintendo-DS bullshit touchscreen on the front and the back. Wowie sony so innovative! I laughed when I played Asphalt GT on the DS and when I got the PSP and got monster hunter I was blown the fuck away. Then the vita comes out and it's a garbage fucking piece of trash with weak mobile phone-tier hardware cira 2012. My fucking phone can play Wii games. Eat shit sony.

You just plug your fucking vita into your pc if you don't want to FTP. Or do it on your SD card if you use an sd2vita.
That said it's not particularly hard to ftp either. winSCP if you're on windows is about as idiot proof as it gets. You put in the info your vita gives you, then click connect and you're connected.

>complicated
>ftp://vita.ip:port/ in literally windows explorer
can also scan QR codes with L+R in VitaShell

>Own a vita to play Nintendo games
The absolute state of vita fags

>ref00d
I haven't been paying attention to the vita scene in months. What's this ref00d thing I keep seeing? My vita was already hacked and on 3.60 enso which is also the main reason I haven't been paying attention to the scene.

I use my Switch to play PS1 games. Is there something wrong with that?

>plays nintendo games better than a nintendo system
I mean just try playing mother 3 with the english patch, or golden sun on a 3ds. nearly fucking impossible.

github.com/dots-tb/reF00D
>It allows you to run modules such as games or system apps that require a FW different from your own
Pretty cut and dry.

Attached: 15575484810132998623808059436136.jpg (4032x3024, 3.01M)

Oh hey you’re that one sperg. Still waiting on proof for your claims that the 3DS has more input lag playing GBA games through injects.

Does it seriously support SDXC?!

both did, yes

Shakedown Hawaii just came out on it this week.

what?

So does this mean 3.65 Enso is useless now?

trails in the sky 3 got a fan translation patch

Nothing wrong with playing quality games on quality hardware, user

yeah
no harm in staying there if you're already on it though

So I did this on my OLED Vita and there was literally no difference. If there is, its too small to notice. I guess the colors are already as good as they'll be on the 1000.

Yeah but I thought nonpdrm did all that?

It's a plugin for enso, not a replacement.

1000, if you can find one

>I thought nonpdrm did all that
No.

You have to restart the console for the changes to take effect. I haven’t done it on my OLED yet, but the color difference on my Slim is like night and day. It’s almost comparable to my stock OLED.

He obviously means in 3.65 vs 3.60 Enso.

Yeah I restarted my Vita and there was little to no difference. I even triple checked that my settings stuck. It's not surprising that it affected the slim so significantly since the Slim isn't OLED.

yea. could probaly load a 1tb card

That got an official translation though. Vita's got a Switch issue in that it does have good games, but they're by inferior to the other versions available. Luckily Switch has exclusives, Vita really has only a handful but they're some good ones for sure.

I don't get this reasoning/logic
I used to own a SNES and GBC/GBA and enjoyed playing the games back when I was a child but I no longer own the systems or games. Hacking my Vita means I can go back and play these old games from my childhood as well being able to play Vita, PSP and PS1 titles. What's the problem here?

Attached: image.jpg (1152x1080, 314K)

I'll sell you mine for 100 bucks

it's for the slim only, since they have shit colors

I'd rather take inferior versions so I can play them on my vita

Get the auto plugin vpk download LOLIcon press select up to open settings and down to close set the overclock to 500 HMz for whatever apps run like shit, there now snes GBA and shitty running vita games are playable

Don't tempt me. Thanks.

Attached: 1524435243050.jpg (800x532, 97K)

Is the vita a psp already (aka can I pirate vita games with easy already?)?

Yes, ya dummy.

I did for my pstv
Got it for $15 and got the hard mod stuff for $30,

Been great, awesome emulation machine for living room

Is there anyway to get the improved colors to work in Adrenaline?

Thanks, mate. I'll buy one as soon as I can as a HUEHUE.

you can download psp and vita games off of sony's servers

>try to play fps on vita
>hard as fuck to aim because the analog sticks are so loose

Attached: 1553413688194.jpg (1920x1080, 282K)

Yeah but it’s portable. That’s always been the draw for playing multiplats on handhelds.

theres a plugin that is supposed to improve the analog

don't know if it works

If you hack it, you can download Adrenaline which literally just turns it into a PSP.

Been that way for quite a while now.

Thanks for posting this. I need to get punchline.

Attached: 1530176553584.gif (320x284, 1.15M)

What's the best way to pirate Vita games?

>when you realize vita is actually killed by sony's own greed
I hope they learnt their lesson or they will pull something retardedly stupid in ps5.

Attached: 1438862020723.jpg (447x686, 40K)

psp games and flawless ps1 emulation never get old

Thanks, pals: I'll eat only instant noodles for a couple of weeks so I can buy it.

>loose
Just like Chika’s snatch desu

But yeah, the sticks aren’t the best for FPSes. Find them decent enough for racing games though. Big improvement over the PSP’s little nub thing.

>mfw MGS4Vita never happened despite it being a thing that was teased
Would have been nice owning and playing every mainline Metal Gear game on the Vita.

Attached: image.jpg (1200x742, 159K)

But what about 5?

if you don't care about fan patches, then just download them off of pkgj

Can be played through remote play I guess.

I'm pretty sure V was allegedly a vita title before it bombed. Development started in 2010 so its pretty likely it started out as a Vita title, Vita bombed, transformed into console title by 2012-13

Most people use pkgj since its essentially Freeshop for the Vita.

The problem with pkgj is its limited by the Vita's wifi speed which is pure garbage. If you have a decent internet connection then I wouldn't suggest doing this. Also the Vita can freeze/crash if you download games en masse. I know from experience.

NPS Browser is just far superior and you can maximize your super fast internet, plus you can download more games at the same time.

Attached: 1555872984387.gif (346x367, 510K)

Isn't the best gba emulator run through PSP mode? So it'd be limited to PSP-level performance?

as someone with both it really doesn't it looks blurry and shitty side by side

you better be running snes games in pixel perfect mode

What's the method for installing PSP games and having them appear on the regular menu? I feel it would be more convenient than having to boot Adrenaline just to play them.

Should I delete all traces of my sccount from it before hacking it?
Or is it safe from bans?

>tfw no Monster Hunter games for Vita

I know there is FU for psp, but what is standing on the way for 4U or/and Cross to make it on Vita?

Attached: 1554956966436.jpg (448x372, 10K)

Buying them.

You buy them. If that was possible, Adrenaline wouldn't exist.

>Or is it safe from bans?
sony doesn't give one fuck

I wouldn’t say it looks blurry, just not as good. The colors are obviously worse on 3DS, and it has significantly more ghosting. Some people like to go on and on about the faux scanlines adding detail to the image, but to me it looks nothing like what real scanlines on a CRT provide an image. And the main reason to use a CRT imo is for superior colors and no ghosting, which the Vita’s OLED screen can provide...mostly.

What GBA emulator are you using there? mGBA? RetroArch? TempGBA on Adrenaline?

>3DS emulation
>on vita
Wew

is the gameplay good? looks interesting

Attached: image.jpg (720x720, 265K)

Think he meant ports.

what's the latest console that you can decently emulate on a Vita? I've considered getting one before.

Well, the Vita is dead, it won't happen, sadly

Dumb ass.

Is Moonlight worth trying over PC Link?

I have a 1000 but don't want to risk bricking it so I'll get a 2000 and hack that instead

Very, also do it for the sweet sweet soundtrack.

Yeah. Freedom Unite is pretty fucking rough these days too.
If Sony weren’t such giant fuck ups the series would have continued on Vita.

Damn, that's a shame. My bro talked about a bubble installer for them which gave me some hope but guess it was just misinformation.

Attached: 1557287807741.jpg (735x700, 193K)

>overclock a portable so I can play SNES at the cost of killing my battery faster in the longrun

Yeah Nintendo won at this one.

I'm putting mine on auction so someone else can do it. I havent touched my Vita since I finished VD on premiere.

Vita is literally a powered up PSP.
If you have a PSP and a Vita guess what, you have no use for your PSP already.

it only shaves off about an hour at most

you mean psp games as bubbles? just download ''adrenaline bubbles manager''

Just play Portable 3rd.

Finally did mine a couple of days ago. Played through RE1 last night on a bean bag, was super comfy.

You do realize overclocking a portable kills the battery faster in the long run, right?
As in: lasting less and less the more you play while overclocking to the point of being unable to play without the charger plugged in.

One of these days I'll do it. I still have to play Stein's Gate and the Daganrompa games.

Already played the superior 3U to death

I don't need to since I bought everything I wanted for the Vita. Have a few games coming out still that I'll buy too.
However I am thinking about installing homebrew solely for access to RPGMaker games and PC streaming. Playing Yume Nikki or Ib in bed sounds great.

there is but all it does is start adrenaline and then start the game its linked to
didn't think it was worth installing for that

What online games you playing? Want to play with you goyms.

Not in Japan it's not

the vita’s battery life is still great. it’ll take years worth of charge cycles before the battery finally kicks the bucket

Vita has Catherine and switch does not

my 3.60 v1 is cool chillin in its case for about 2 years straight

After ocing it I literally can't go back. 30fps>24fps.

:(

Minish Cap is the only good Zelda game

What do you mainly use for portable emulation?

3DS is infinitely better than Vita for almost everything besides PS1.
SNES, NES, TG16 and even Sega CD or Turbografx CD run perfectly at 60fps there. Not to mention GBA.

But on the other hand, the Vita's screen is way better and the shape of the console itself is better and comfier. With Retroarch all the consoles mentioned before but SNES also run perfectly and you also get PS1 and the PSP´s library.

Help me bros, I have both portables but I can't decide for which I want to play more for retro games.

Attached: NotLikeThis.jpg (225x225, 6K)

Can I use save states in P4G with a hacked vita?

No.

you really don't even need them

I'd rather use a vita because the only people I know with nintendo products are absolute aspies and I don't want to be associated with that.

The Vita can run the same cores the New 3DS can (Nestopia UE, Genesis Plus GX, PicoDrive (for Sega CD), Gambatte, etc and they all run a bit better. The 3DS has better SNES emulation thanks to the VC, and GBA games run natively via injects, so it’s a great option for portable emulation too.
For me though I mainly go with the Vita for its better screen, D-pad, ergonomics and longer battery life + godly sleep mode.

>vita screen or something extra broke awhile ago
>could try and pay for it to be fixed or buy a preowned for cheaper
is it able to emulate things as well as the psp?

gave this a try but ended up going back to defaults
reds are a little too harsh with it

OLED or Slim?

Slim
It's definitely washed out by default, I just think the full-range goes too far in the other direction.

What emulators can this garbage run now? I used to have one but sold it because it I got bored of just playing Tactics Ogre and FFTWOL

As opposed to what? A fucking weeb? Congrats now you're one of those weeby aspies.

Homebrew is the only reason vita threads even happen. It's superior to play on than any other handheld out. No issue with showing an emulator.

Is the emulation still run through the PSP mode or are people now making Vita emulators?

Just did it two nights ago. Was waiting for a while since I was stuck on 3.70. It's pretty cool

Attached: IMG_20190511_021513.jpg (3840x2160, 2.22M)

Retroarch has had a native Vita mode version for a while now.

What grip is that?

gba emulation is still done through psp mode. retroarch sucks on vita for some reason, but it's about as good as psp emulators for other systems.

It's nothing special. Just a piece of plastic from Amazon for $10. No L2/R2 or anything. Comes in white too, but I got it like 4 years ago at this point and I don't think white was available then

amazon.com/dp/B00QGTJPM8/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_1SM1CbAF9RA94

I did actually, just waiting on my SD2Vita to come in now; my memcard is full up just on the few games that sprung to mind when I finished downgrading and installing Enso

Yeah, Nija Gaiden Sigma plus and FF VII are a lot of fun. Can't wait to try out armored core.

But Pkgj has native compatibility patching, why would I install that, too?

I got that same one yesterday for 6.50 on eBay, why not save a buck if you're looking to buy (in reference to that other guy asking)

Persona 4

i bought a 32gb microsd off of amazon and I have my sd2vita ordered from ebay. I was thinking about getting a larger microsd but I figured it was better to play only a few games at a time than download a bunch and have decison overload..
I was playing a bit of metal slug 3 yesterday, was very fun.

It's a shame the homebrew support is long-dead, Vita should be able to run a half-decent N64 emulator

already did, shits fucking nice.
i’ll just play my vita while the turbo autists perfect switch hacking and hack my launch model

Attached: 508E90F4-E2D3-410E-BA1C-4A699A2DFB73.jpg (2640x1361, 370K)

32gb is definitely not enough especially if you're going to use it for Vita + PSP games

Yeah I think mine was like $7 when I bought it a few years ago too

Does overclocking the vita affect the battery condition? Will the battery die due to Overclocking?

I thought about that too but I figured I'd just delete the games once I beat them. Although microsds are pretty cheap so it wouldn't hurt to get a bigger size.

I really enjoyed the demo for dragon quest builders can't wait to play it myself.

Don't get a Vita if you're not planning to use a over 100gb card.

Yes there is, I can't get them to work no matter what I do, maybe they only work on slim vitas and not fat vitas but I always get an error if I try to run a game that requires firmware above 3.60

Yeah. You know how lithium batteries last less and less as time passes. Overclocking accelerates this exponentially.

best vita exclusive

It'll definitely drain the battery a bit but as for long term use, not sure. Usually if I overclock my vita, or any handheld device, then plan to play on charge.

what error code do you get? Also do you download off of PKGj or NPS?

PKGj, also I'm still using the web exploit of henkaku, maybe that's why. I don't know what the error code is, the one you get when you try to run games that require newer firmware.

Just install Enso, dude, its basically no effort

I gotta agree. Choice paralysis is very real and will destroy your love for gaming. 32 gigs is a good size imo.

What snes emulator should I be using? I want to play super castlevania 4.

How is the vita compare to the psp homebrew? I already have a hacked psp and my vita is just sitting there.

from what i've found, it kinda seems like most or half of the homebrew available for vita is just psp stuff (if we're strictly talking homebrew and no piracy-related things)

WRONG, are you playing on a TN panel? As someone that owns both an IPS N3DS and an OLED Vita, pixel art games are no question better looking on the 3DS. Here's a bad pic I took of Shovel Knight on 3DS (top left), Vita (bottom), and Switch (top right). It's hard to showcase through a terrible picture, but those scanlines you see only on the 3DS make retro games look incredibly crisp. Shovel Knight looks blurry on the other 2 in comparison. There's no competition for 8/16 bit games between the 3, it's the only case where the 3DS' 240p screen is a benefit.

Anyone with a IPS N3DS should back me up, play any SNES game on it and tell me it doesn't look fucking great.

Attached: Shovel Knight comparison.jpg (3328x1800, 1.63M)

Does it install like any other vpk?

I guess ill just stick to my psp, as it already does what I want it to do.

how hard is it for someone to download all that stuff? I got a vita sitting in my closet and want to do it

where does one start

Sony handhelds are shit unless they're hacked and running emulators.

don't listen to the retards. "Adrenaline Bubble Manager" does what you want, and PSP games load way faster because it doesn't boot up the PSP firmware.

Better screen nigger

>hovel knight
overrated shit game for cucks

any pixel art game ported to the vita ALWAYS fucks up and uses a non-integer scaling ratio, so they look blurry. if you use retroarch or adrenaline you can manually set how the game is scaled and get crisp graphics.

Shovel Knight looks blurry because on Vita it’s upscaled by 2x then slapped with bilinear. I don’t know how the Switch port was handheld, and your pic certainly doesn’t help, but I’m guessing it’s similar to the Vita port.
>but those scanlines you see only on the 3DS make retro games look incredibly crisp
The sharpness comes from scaling (or lack thereof), not “scanlines”.
>IPS N3DS
My N3DS XL has a top IPS panel. It’s nothing special even by IPS standards.

Even next to the Switch’s IPS screen the 3DS looks like shit. Kek.

google NoPayStation, my friend

it doesn’t look fucking great. and the d-pad placement sucks

I already have my Vita hacked, what new things does this new hack do?

If you're still on 3.70 you should downgrade to 3.60 first and install henkaku and then enso.

What are the best loli games?

If you're on 3.60 by any chance, 3.70 hack exists solely so you can downgrade firmware.

has dt2-2 been localized yet?

Attached: sad cat turned into a nigger.jpg (720x725, 39K)

I already have the 3.60 hack, so I guess this is useless for me. Was hoping it would allow me to play newer games.

i think i'll get a tattoo of this, and then complain online about other characters of similar appearance

I bought the Vita, played P4 Golden and was pretty happy with the purchase.

I would have liked to finish FFX HD, but the Seymour fight on Gagazet raped my butthole

look up ref00d, it lets you play newer games on older firmwares

If it's so superior, why did it flop? Perhaps you were not supporting it enough to call yourself a fan, you dull faker.

there's no reason to go past 3.65, this is just for the convenience of idiots and late buyers that had already updated to latest firmware without knowing about homebrew.

What GBA emulator are you using?

Why would I update from 3.60?

Enso only saves me from running that one program each start up right?

Where can I get mai dumps from?

No chance in hell. Your only hope is they port it to Switch.

Can you not play newer games on 3.60?

Nice aspect ratio

Is there any l2/r2 grip thats not complete ass?

Nonpdrm is superior, my dude.You can download it from pkgj or nopaystation. Easier than installing Vitamin/Mai dumps. If you still want it, check nblog or nextgenroms

Yes, if you're on 3.60 it has a way more future/fuckup proof entry point for doing the hack(it's through the web browser)

How come the vita didn't get any worthwhile fan translations?

nigga just learn japanese

Attached: dantora.jpg (1280x720, 221K)

>Nonpdrm
>pkgj
>nopaystation
I have no idea what these are.
How are the better than maidump?

blame the PSP for being 480x272

Sony wanted pixel perfect 2x scaling for playing PSP games on Vita, but it's fucked up for anything else.

Attached: asuka.jpg (960x544, 97K)

The hell are you even on about? He said aspect ratio, not resolution.
Both the Vita and PSP have a 16:9 aspect ratio.

download games directly from Sony servers
everything works just as if it was bought legit

maidumps have issues with save files disappearing

Got a link to a maidump?

The only one that runs most games at 60 fps or close to it, UO gpSP Kai v3.4 test 4 build 255.

gpSP mod runs games full speed and has better audio emulation than Kai.

Wow, is it hard to set up?

Just like what said, they're easy to install as you just put the games into their respective folders /app/,/addcontent/,/patch/ just like a psp and its .iso games. With maidumps, not only are you stuck with save issues, you're also stuck with limited games now that nonpdrm is the superior choice when it comes to dumping backups.

I assume he meant that it isn't actually 16x9, it's 30x17

Attached: rei.jpg (960x544, 90K)

Is it worth getting one if I have a PSP and a 3DS both with custom firmware and don't really care about most weebshit like JRPGS or visual novels?

been out of the loop, can we spoof and play online again in older firmwares?

Attached: 1554686414986.jpg (750x747, 149K)

Vita homebrew got cucked by Snoy because it took so long to hack it initially, so it doesn't have anything over the PSP. if you don't want to play Vita games, don't bother.

Mate I am a low-iq baboon I barely know English.

Attached: thats bullshit but i believe it.jpg (960x544, 126K)

If it wasn't kinda a pain in the ass to hack for and they really used more of the Vita's power in order to run the emulators rather than just emulating the PSP and then the emulators the Vita would be the best handheld console to emulate in many years, because that OLED screen makes Neo Geo, SNES, Genesis, GBA or any console that focuses on 2D and even 3D games look gorgeus.

>Danganronpa AE
sucks to play with vita thumbsticks, use a dualshock or play another version of it, english version also has random save corruption
>Steins;Gate 0
>Chaos;Child
bad localizations that only have improvement patches on PC
>Sly Collection
port issues
>Super Meat Boy
has awful replacement soundtrack, but has a mod to restore the original
>World of Final Fantasy
missing DLC offered for every other version of the game
>Occultic;Nine
unfinished game

I bought mine when there was a promo with borderlands 2, only bought P4G and some fucking nigger kept it after I let him borrow it. I hacked the vita but honestly didn't find any game appealing.

You crop literally 2 pixels off the top and bottom and it’s 16:9. You can account for this when making wallpapers easily.

I just recently hacked my 3.68 Vita today with H-encore, I don't really know what to do other than access the PS Store and download games I already have purchased, what should I install on the thing while I wait for my SD card and adapter to arrive?

Nitpicky sperg.

which game i complained about elicits this response from you?

There's more you didn't mention, for example ys 8 and tokyo xanadu are missing a big chunk of the game on the vita. Not to mention caligula where the non-vita version is a million times better.

Can it play N64?

>ys 8
explain further its third on my backlog

Is there a way to play PS1 games on the Vita that weren't originally released on the PS Store without having to use the PSP menu? at least in EU PS Store on the Vita doesn't has games like MediEvil, Croc or L.A.P.D. Future Cop.

no

plugins. install them all on ur0 so they persist between memory cards.
pngshot, infinitenet, shellsecbat, lolicon

Vita has no games anyway

Adrenaline Bubble Manager

I wouldn't 100% say no, but I don't think is on a state where it is playable yet, like expect huge framerate problems among other things.

One problem with the Vita is that most people just uses the PSP menu in order to run emulators that were originally made with PSP in mind rather than using the full power of the Vita in order to run better and stronger emulators, so unless someone is very dedicated to the Vita and is making a N54 emulator for it from scratch expect very little.

Vita was the original release but the ps4 version added a major dungeon (often considered the best part of the game) and some sidequests and stuff interspersed throughout. So if you play the vita version you're not getting the full experience

play ps1 bubbles straight from the ps vita's home converted via adrenalinebubblemanager so you can just skip the adrenaline launching/psp xmb and stuff.

where are the psp games that i download with pkgj ? cant see them in the menu

they only show up in adrenaline

probably at your ux0:pspemu folder, you can change "memory cards" via adrenaline's menu to access ur0, ux0, and uma0

>Some people like to go on and on about the faux scanlines adding detail to the image, but to me it looks nothing like what real scanlines on a CRT provide an image
It looks better.
Native 240p on a Native 240p LCD screen looks sexy as fuck and is underrated as hell.

>better emulation
>sound cracks on frame drop
>frame drops everywhere
>drops to 25 fps on yoshis island.
Let's see you play Yoshi's island or FFVI on GBA mod then.

240p LCD looks so fucking sexy.
I would love a 20 inch native 240p MicroLED screen

>Muh integer scaling
It will never look as good as native. Just give up.

Well, it’s not completely native, as everything is upscaled by 2 on the horizontal axis in 2D mode. But if you think half of a screen door effect looks good, more power to you.

Lmao. If you say so, man.

oh thanks

Cope.

You seem to be trying.

What GBA emulator are you using? I've tried a lot but they all choke at FFVI's pre-title screen intro so I can't really trust any of them to hold up.

Has thr Vita version of Fate/Stay Night received a translation patch already?
I really want to play FSN but I only want to play it in bed on my Vita.

any good ps1, psp,or vita dating sims in english or english patched that I should play?

>used trinity and downgraded to 3.60
>nothing I want to play that I dont already own
>no homebrew that interests me
>still have my hacked PSP if I want to play GBA, PS1 or, PSP games

Guess its cool that I have it now, wont stop it from collecting dust though.

Attached: 1525422983425.jpg (600x800, 56K)

Test

Site bugging out for you too?

OP already replied, its UO gpSP Kai v3.4 test 4 build 255

What game?

> no u
Pathetic cope

Zelda Mini Cap

>And the main reason to use a CRT imo is for superior colors and no ghosting,
>which the Vita’s OLED screen can provide
Lol no
To get good motion you need the screen to flicker like a CRT

Thank you.

>it’s not completely native
Are you stupid or something?
3DS screen is 400x240 which is basically widescreen 240p

POORLY
CODED

Anyone else having issues with homebrew browser?
I just get a black screen.

>Vita should be able to run a half-decent N64 emulator
The PC can't run a half-decent N64 emulator

The internal resolution is 400x240. The actual physical pixel structure is 800x240, hence the scanline look instead of a proper pixel grid. The pixels are rectangular.

You're blind.

my poor vita-chan

Attached: firefox_Xc6BUN0AJ6.png (522x420, 40K)

One of the psp games I want isnt on pkjg, if i were to download the reboot somewhere else where would I place it to play it on adrenaline?

Cope.

Am i the only one who really enjiyed hacking the console? Idk, going through the whole process and getting it to work right feels really nice.

Try CDRomance.

I usually get a black screen first time i use it after i boot up my vita but any time I try after that it works fine, just give it a couple seconds

>The actual physical pixel structure is 800x240
Source.

>The pixels are rectangular.
Source or bullshit.
Nobody uses rectangular pixels for LCD displays.

>St-stop insulting my precious 3DS screen

Attached: B8CE7057-1897-47E4-A09E-2C912E99B4BF.gif (500x281, 221K)

Dumb redditor.
3DS screen is objectively better for 240p games.

its babby shit now back in the day hacking a console meant something

Attached: obese.png (500x391, 156K)

for eboots ux0:pspemu/game/[gameid]/eboot.pbp
isos go in ux0:pspemu/iso/

stop fighting

Attached: AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.png (328x301, 113K)

Should I not use my real psn when using a hacked vita or what? What are the chances of getting banned

you don't know what objectivity is, underage. stop using it as a buzzword.

Dumb redditor.
240p will look best on a 240p screen.

Upscaling is objectively garbage.

>R-Reddit
Mmm this is some delicious cope.

240p objectively looks best on a 240p screen.

from what I've heard there's no real danger of being banned on a hack vita. The only thing that would be ban worthy from what i've heard is if you were to hack your trophies.

Its going to be a stupid question but the best web for roms

you don't know what objectivity is.

You know what else is objectively garbage? Your taste in displays.

Retro games were made with all the quirks with CRTs in mind. Native res on a CRT and native res on an LCD are two completely different things. Come back to me when your shitty 3DS screen can display games at their proper 4:3 aspect ratio without interpolation.

no risk, but if you're paranoid you can make another account, just don't use your vita without any account as some retards suggest.

>thread taken over by brain damaged nintendo poster and retards replying to him

Kiseki evo is the way

Attached: 543FB1B7-6A2E-460D-B807-6363B973B3F9.jpg (1000x997, 214K)

What happens if I have both an original memory card and an sd2vita or the SIM adapter? Can I like have both memories working at the same time?

>sonybros hack their shitas to run ninty games
the absolute save state

SCREEN DOORS ARE OBJECTIVELY SUPERIOR DAMMIT

Attached: 0C148BE4-BABA-49E1-98D2-4DD73073B10A.jpg (650x390, 33K)

for older consoles archive.org has some no-intro sets you can download games from
there's also userscripts to get games off emuparadise as they still host all the files they had i hear, but i haven't tried it
for anything on PSN that someone's bought and dumped the license for, you can use nopaystation to download it directly from PSN, just be wary of games that have been modified for PSN like rockstar games removing licensed music
i'm on gazellegames so i usually just use that

Does Retroarch run arcade games?
I've been trying to get some cps and neogeo roms to run but it doesn't work.
I also get a problem with emulators that they just refuse to save properly.

We've only ever seen native 240p on LCD on shitty handheld screens(3DS screen included) and it still looked pretty good.

Not to mention that LCD is an outdated technology by now.
240p would look sexy on a native 240p MicroLED screen.

It would look better than on a CRT because MicroLED displays (just like any other modern displays) have no uniformity or convergence issues like CRT's do.

only one can be used as the "memory card", the other one will only be accessible to homebrew like Vitashell and Retroarch. so it is possible to use one for Vita games, and the other for ROMs.

the most important part here is that Nintendo is not getting any money.

>love my vita
>wish it had anything worth playing
not that the 3DS is much better but at least its an Etrian Odyssey and SMT machine

That's not a source.
The top screen is 400x240 it's not 800x240.
The 800x240 nomenclature comes from the 3D effect thing. The 3DS is outputting the equivalent of 800x240 which is really just two 400x240 images for the 3D effect.

I'm a drug baron
(not really)

Attached: IMG_20190509_204715.jpg (1278x719, 121K)

What's wrong with using it without an account?

>expecting such a low resolution not to have a screen-door effect
dumb wwe manchild

you can use multiple external storages at once but only one can be ux0 and store your vita games, the others would only work for homebrew that can access any file path. you should just use one big microSD for ux0 and take out your real memory card for safekeeping, to use in an emergency, as they're cheaply made and you shouldn't write them more than necessary.

Oh that sucks. I have two 64gb mem cards, sucks the storage can't be combined.

Anyone know how good Phantasy Star Nova is when just playing single player?

Like said, when setting it up you can have your sd2vita be the card that the live area uses for all your vita games and your original mem card is just extra for adrenaline and retroarch, you can also use the built in mem card if you have a 2000 vita.

can't use CMA for backups, which is very useful. you should use it to back up critical homebrew like vitashell and h-encore if something ever goes wrong with your memory cards. to avoid an account some people also replace other apps on their internal storage with it like welcome park, but that's a destructive workaround.

Can I freely move saves no matter the PSN account now?

Vita is a SSD and P4G machine

Are you blind? It clearly has rectangular pixels. The top screen is 800x240.

Attached: 7BD83673-1DE5-4EFB-87CC-A4ABCFF2F2C8.jpg (2048x1536, 992K)

I'm debating whether or not to finally buy an SD2Vita since all I wanna use my PSTV for is playing my PSP games on my TV easily along with Persona 4 golden.

What's the best SD card adapter to get?

what is the lewdist game on the vita?

That’s precisely why low-resolution fixed-pixel displays are shit.
>wwe manchild
You’ve got me all wrong.

Attached: 14682B8E-577C-481B-810D-7331DD265E83.jpg (600x764, 90K)

Dude, just stiick a usb drive into it.

Hello Vitafags!
Hope you enjoy some of """our""" games.

Sincerely,
3DSfag

P.S.: Are there any good coop games for Vita? I was thinking about getting two for me and gf if there's enogh coop games to play.

I tried that but everytime it booted back up the USB wouldn't be there and I'd have to unplug and replug it back in.

Will this shit ever be ported??

Attached: 220px-Soul_Sacrifice_NA_boxart.jpg (220x278, 39K)

so I can play snes/nes on it, all vita games so far, can I play ps1 games on it?

what do I even need, a vita and a memory card?

But Minish Cap isn’t a 3DS game.

i can buy a lilac psp 3000 for £35, is it worth it or should i get a vita?

Yes. SNES emulation has its ups and downs though, you should basically consider the Vita a slightly better PSP when it comes to technical emulation quality.

You don't even need a memory card if you get a Slim. The sd2vita can be used instead, but only after you hack it.

Don’t. PSP batteries will get you three hours on average and that number is steadily decreasing due to the system’s age.

A Vita will play everything the PSP can but with a second analog stick and much better screen.

>slightly better
Except that it emulates everything other than GBA much, much better. Genesis Plus GX and the PSP PicoDrive port aren’t even comparable.

But it is a Nintendo game, hence it's """our""" thing.

PSPs are still pretty good, if you're on a tight budget you should get one. The Vita doesn't offer much more in terms of emulation. Consider buying a Vita over a PSP only if the native library interests you more, or if you really want to play dualshock games.

SNES is much worse too. The snes9x 2002 and 2005 builds are glitchier than snes9xtyl and the 2005+ and 2010 builds run much worse (compounded by the lack of automatic frameskip).

You might be right about picodrive, worked fine for me on PSP but I don't really play Mega Drive games.

>glitchier than Snes9xtyl
Proofs

Here's a list.
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1hr9WKid7Ob9rPxjFu1B6C48FkRP0sttaESVtgOVPGW0/edit?usp=drivesdk
You can also play PS1 games locally with Adrenaline now.

The games I tried had pretty wonky sound emulation. On the other hand, snes9xtyl has been getting a ton of improvements since some guy has been backporting optimisations from snes9x for o3ds.

That cost will end up including a new battery and storage upgrades. £35 is also super pricey for a PSP.

So, what are some good psp games? Is there any good English patched jap games?

Hacked mine a while ago, play mostly gba and ps1 games

Anecdotal evidence is not proofs.
But in all seriousness, I’ll look into TYL. Might end up taking my PSP Go out of the drawer if it’s actually decent now.

Attached: D829FAB4-2383-4216-ADAE-F2644615C842.gif (500x180, 8K)

Would you recommend any of those?

I'm seeing square pixels on this image

Nah who cares about screen-door effect in low res games?
Those games weren't meant to be realistic anyways.

Yeah I figured. I tried mGBA first since gpSP needs to be run through Adrenaline, but the former has some major sound and lag issues. Will give gpSP a shot, thanks.

Attached: 36.jpg (617x1000, 174K)

Here's the optimised build I'm talking about.
Don't expect it to emulate expansion chips well, and mode 7 games will almost certainly cause a major performance hit, but for everything else it's been smooth sailing for me.

Well that’s just your monitor, dummy.

What’s this about realism? I just find the screen-door effect extremely unpleasant. And with how sharp fixed-pixel panels are you may as well just integer scale once you drop below a certain PPI. Unless the gaps between pixels are massive you’re going to get an image very comparable to something upscaled.

>ps1 games

Do you often find it a problem that you have no L2 and R2 button? Or is there a workaround for that involving the back touch panel perhaps?

Attached: ef79.png (588x1024, 250K)

Use the touch screen corners for l2 r2, but most of the time its not even a problem

you can also use a ps3/ps4 controller via plugins

There are also special grips you can buy with triggers on the back for L2 and R2

Is Mary Skelter worth trying?

what what what?
I can effectively use as a PSTV?

By default they are mapped to the rear touch panel, and there’s even a grip that makes use of this to give you an extra pair of shoulder buttons. Though I typically map them to the right analog stick and it works just fine.

Attached: 467FAFC8-7FAC-4AB0-8DAC-382C10AE8FBD.jpg (640x640, 31K)

I always use the right stick left/right for L2/R2 for ps1 games. You'll never need to use it as a substitute dpad/camera control, and a lot of games have shoulder buttons for camera anyway so it feels natural. In tomb raider for example it's used for sidestepping.

They barely work tho

You're the one person in the world that wants a Vita for multiplayer. I have no fucking clue.

There are a bunch of different plugins that work on a Vita that bring it closer to the functionality of a PSTV. You can also get video out to PC (with caveats) as well.

because of its shitty overpriced memecard.
has nothing to do with the better consoloquality

>And with how sharp fixed-pixel panels are you may as well just integer scale once you drop below a certain PPI
I completely disagree.
Integer scaling looks very different from native.

CRT's won't last forever so in the future they might make 240p MicroLED panels to capitalize on retro gamers.

Either that or they'll find a way to somehow display other resolutions properly without upscaling them.
If older tech could do it then why can't new tech?

>buy an SD2Vita and a 128gb microSD
>can sell my legit 64gb and still make a chunk of money back

This
I am still on 3.60

I cant
I learned watching animes enough to speak and think in japanese
But I just can't fucking kanji

Face too cute

>tfw have the same problem

how can I download free dlc?

Worst Zelda game on worst handheld

No because the Moero Chronicles translation on the switch is way fucking better than the Chink machine translated one on the Vita.

Has anyone created a way to play ad hoc games online natively through a vita yet? I'm sure it's possible somehow. I want to play MHFU online.

I have a CFW PSP, is it worth buy a Vita and doing the same? There are a few games on the Vita I want to play that are way cheaper on it than PC/other systems

Attached: 1200px-Psp-1000.jpg (1199x681, 85K)

only you can decide whether that content is worth buying a vita

I've had it hacked since 2016 when they introduced Henkaku.
Currently I'm on 3.68 with Enso.
Even w/o hacking the Vita's great, so with hacking my 64GB memory is completely full.

>nintendo autists used to/still do say the vita has no games and is only ports
>meanwhile they're holding the nintendo equivalent of the vita, with no games and only ports
why are they so delusional?

longer battery, better screen, dual analog, vita games... lots of reasons to get a vita even if you have a psp

Weebshit and ports do not make a game library and the Vita has nothing but that garbage.

Fpbp

two nintendo games and ports do not make a library and the switch has nothing but garbage.

It's not. Mines been collecting dust for years

>Muh Nintendo
Why are Sonybros so obsessed? They spend more time thinking about Nintendo then playing Vidya

Yes, you should be able to get one fairly cheap. The Vitahack community is thriving. Hacking directions are very easy to follow, and once you have the freeshop installed, you'll have access to downloading Vita/PSP/PS1.

Attached: 20190511_221421.jpg (1328x747, 374K)

SNES doesn't run perfectly, from experience with O3DS
It chugs like a motherfucker for Super Mario RPG

You niggers better play Shiren the Wanderer.

I used to play the SNES game, all in Japanese. Is that on the Vita which you're talking about?

>mfw we're stuck with retroarch and the PSP emulators
>mfw GBA emulation still runs like shit and nobody is trying to make more emulators
>mfw no face

Smfh tbqh

yeah, it's an upgraded port of the DS one.

Hopefully native vita GBA emulation will pick up now everyone has trinity. There's been tons of homebrew activity in the past few months.

Can 3.60 access the psn?

Up until I got bored with learning (inb4), I found the method that worked for me was drilling an Anki deck tailored to Tae Kim a couple days/a week in advance of Tae Kim.
This way I wasn't hung up on the kanji and could focus on the vocab from Tae Kim.

Drills, and additional context, work. Also drilled on my phone while taking a shit/sitting around.

I'm too afraid to try, and honestly haven't even thought to try since installing PKGj

Yeah, that's what I thought when they released the latest hacking method for 3.61+. It didn't happen, though.

I really want my Vita to become my one and only portable emulators machine.

At least we've been getting nice ports and games made with unity, which is great too.

Attached: 1532179428478.png (950x596, 178K)

What's with Minish Cap lately? I was also playing it on my hacked Switch. What the fuck is this hivemind?

Disable the bilinear filter ffs

Is the vita region free? can I buy the japanese import and play in every language?

Yea it's region free but the issue is that DLC is locked to the account that you registered's region.
However with PKGj you can just easily download all the DLC for free anyways which allowed me to download quite a number of DLC for games I already owned but I didnt have a japan/asian region PSN account.

Check your romsets. The emulator is fine, the romsets are the problem.

>save issue

Do you close the Retroarch by swiping its page? Either change the settings of save behavior on Retroarch or have a habit of closing Retroarch from its menu.

>Is the vita region free?
Yeh

>can I buy the japanese import and play in every language?
Chances are that if you do that, you'll receive the game in japanese. Unlest it has multiple languages, that is.

Can you play games online without Sony banning you?

Attached: 1557402386458.png (646x595, 304K)

yes, at least thus far

can even sync trophies for games you don't own

Yo bro what kinda armor are you using on that one
Seems comfy

I was talking about the console itself being japanese but ok
you can hack it from any firmware now right? I saw that the latest is 3.70 and it should be supported
also: wifi only or 3g?

>not just having empty bubble names
I'd rather dedicate a page to games with nameless bubbles then shove crap to another page.

Shit, that's fucking nice

3G has a "benefit" in that you can replace the modem with a microsd adapter so you don't need to take up your card slot (or dual wield microsds).

Otherwise 3G is not worth it. 1000 vs 2000 is a better debate.

is there any difference between 1000 and 2000?

Don't go with the 3G one, it will drain your battery much faster even with the console powered off.

The only benefit is what this user said: Source: My Vita is a 3G one and I had to remove the 3G module to fix the battery drain.

the screens, oled vs TN
2000 is thinner and lighter (cannot be used as a weapon)
2000 has slightly better battery life
2000 has circle instead of oval PS/Start/Select buttons
2000 uses a standard USB connector instead of the 1000's proprietary one (although those are $10 third party on amazon)
2000 lacks the mystery port
2000 has native 1GB storage partition, although homebrew can do the same with 1000. useless with a mc

OLED feels a little more premium, more weight to it and is more solid. Better screens (although OLED deteriorates so they're already getting kinda patchy and inconsistent). The slim model has a microusb for charging and provides longer battery life.

Ye

Yes, only if modded though.

both are horrible to hold for prolonged periods without an ergonomic grip
thankfully I've just discovered two vital tools, USCD_UVC and ds4vita

so you're saying that if I find both version at the same price the 2000 would be the better choice? I intend on modding it by the way

Your call. I prefer the feel of the OG model but slim will probably be better in the long run. Easy USB connection with your phone cable is useful if you plan on running custom firmware.

openrct2 when

Attached: openrct2-switch.webm (800x450, 2.87M)

Mine is on 3.65 and have Enso.
Maybe I skipped something to make the PSN works.

Yep, henkaku settings lets you spoof PSN. It'll keep working as new updates come out, you just need to tell it which version to use.

just have to set the latest fw in the henkaku settings

bros could someone please point me in the right direction for where a brainlet like me can get a good guide for hacking my vita

>SD cards
i feel dumb but doesn't the vita only use those proprietary memory card things and not SD cards?

thank homebrew, google sd2vita

also ctrl+f guide in the thread wtf

You can play Half Life, Counter Strike, Postal, Redneck Rampage and some other shit I am forgetting with a hacked Vita.

vitadb.rinnegatamante.it/

Check out this site and choose Game Ports to see the all source ports.

Attached: 1556797735801.jpg (752x960, 59K)

even better just install vita homebrew browser to get the same experience from your vita and single click installs
pkgj, after config, for single click installs of psn content (ps1/psp/vita/themes/dlc)
vitashell has a QR code scanner on L+R so no vpk moving necessary, although it needs download enabler and the fixed TLS shit on 3.60

The Vita is honestly one of the best gaming devices ever. Maybe even the best. It really is an awesome system and I can't believe how Sony fucked up so hard with it. It saddens me that we won't see another handheld like it.

I want to fuck my Vita.

Is there a way to remove the bubble menus? I want normal lists or even the PSP XMB layout, bubbles are slow and a terrible way of relaying information.

Shit. That's worked.
Thanks.

>not just grabbing a used switch and hacking/modding the fuck out of it to play shit like alien vs predator gold.

switch is too bulky to bring around if you're not carrying a bag, also it's heavier and feels like it's going to snap in two if I even slightly move my hands a bit on the joycons when on portable mode

No. There was some work on making a Switch like menu for it. I dunno how complete that is so search for it.

>using meme arrows

>it will drain your battery much faster
I have a 3g vita and I've never had this issue, battery is the same as my WiFi only vita

You'll get about 30 mins extra battery life by removing the 3G module (even in flight mode), there have been multiple tests.

>bring around

What kind of loser faggot plays video games outside his home?

my sd card just arrived, im about to

Really? I'll try this later.

To anyone here who's interested in the Vita:
Get Soul Sacrifice Delta, Muramasa Rebirth, Killzone Mercenary, P4G, Trails Evolution games + English patch, Vita and PSP emulated Ys games, MGS HD Collection.

Attached: 1539467201.jpg (1280x868, 730K)

>hacked my Switch
>better RetroArch performance
>easier to do

what kind of faggot lets his location dictate his actions? cuck.

More portable, too!

>Trails Evolution
oh yeah that's a thing on the Vita, I should download them instead of the PSP versions.

>easier to do
haha no

Who knew modern, superior, less esoteric hardware would perform better?

Based. Playing all the dlc's I wasn't able to access cause of timed events shit.

>has native 1GB storage partition
is there a plug in that would let me use both?