ONE!

ONE!

Attached: Great-Shinobi-Owl.jpg (1920x1080, 114K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=4ilE64ihGF4
youtube.com/watch?v=etAIpkdhU9Q
youtube.com/watch?v=ao-Sahfy7Hg
youtube.com/watch?v=hglVqACd1C8
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

NOTHING WRONG WITH ME

TWO

NOTHING WRONG WITH ME

>RULE ONE
>OBEY THE CODE

>RULE TWO
>BREAK THE CODE

what the fuck does this even mean?

THREE

NOTHING WRONG WITH ME!

FOUR

NOTHING WRONG WITH ME

Why does he only have a single rule but start with it as "One," as if he's going to list something? Has he gone senile by this point in the game?

check this 5 youre dead

Attached: s.jpg (600x306, 7K)

theres 3 rules

He's countin' th'number of times he kills ya

>spends 5 seconds standing in place and throwing a lime at you.

nothin' personnel, Wolf.

>Stuck on Owl (Father) for almost 5 hours yesterday
>Decide that's enough for the day
>Start playing it today again
>Literally beat him my 2nd try
What the fuck happened?

rest allows the brain to integrate experience

fatigue set in yesterday. its a common occurrence that happens to most people, take a break and come back later.

happens to me with nearly every boss in every fromsoft game

>how does brain work
You’ve never played any instruments, huh.

He never tells you to break the code.

...What? He has 3 rules. He recites one each time you die. If you haven't used the Sakura Droplet and only have 2 revives, use a Jizz stone to die a third time.

This is correct It is why studying the night before works

First time playing video games?

>haven't been playing this game since release week because busy with other stuff and honestly backtracking ashina castle for the 3rd time didn't feel like something I wanted to do
>all this time I've seen people praising the final boss for being such a difficult fight here in Yea Forums
>today decide to pick it back up
>all the way to the end and finish with demon bell on
Why do people say Isshin is difficult again? At some point I just went offensive and stuck to him like glue and he just kept backing away and getting bitch slapped without doing much. I think his AI is broken if you get too close he desperately tries to create distance at any cost.

Not fatigue. You need the rest to let your brain build up neural connections. Next time you dont even think about the moves your doing because it’s just faster for you.

Who was the better father to their son?

Attached: TheFathers.jpg (640x640, 67K)

Is the "only bads died to him but I learned about him saying ONE afterwards and thats how I know you're bad" user here today?

Attached: 1545834858545.png (879x703, 564K)

It's weird how entranced by it he looks. Not unlike a bowler who wants to make sure he put the right spin on his ball - Owl, you're fighting your son to the death; why are you fixed on the trajectory of a slow moving attack with a massive AOE

>First choice in the game is to obey or break the code, game railroads you into obeying code
>Second choice is whether or not to kill your father, game railroads you into killing your father
Choices!

How the fuck do you beat Demon of Hatred? He's like Laurence in BB. Super aggressive to the point where I can't hit him

learn his patterns. don't bother dodging most of his shit, sprint out. play ultra aggressive and try to always stay on him

he's very different from all the other bosses, but he's really predictable

ironically you can side with your father but you still kill him anyway. thanks for just standing back and watching me fight the final boss owl.

It would have been nice if there were flags you could trigger to open up the other choices. Even if for bad/short endings. It'd be funny to see someone choose to side with Owl and get pissy at the game for ending right there

Owl went to go snuff Genichiro iirc. I wonder why he acts shocked that Wolf goes shura though, as if Owl isn't the most morally bankrupt character in the game until that ending

where was it stated that owl went to kill genichiro? i just remember him telling me to handle emma then he fucks off.

Why did grandson-kun give birth to young granddad at the end? This makes no sense

Doesn't he come back with Genichiro's mortal blade in hand?

He's still being blown the FUCK out after *that* response

youtube.com/watch?v=4ilE64ihGF4

Go back to Isshin's room, there'll be a treasure chest just outside that explains it.

I already started another playthrough I can't go back now.

the black mortal blade allows the wielder to open a gate to the underworld (opposite of Sekiro's mortal blade, which severs all life) and bring back life

there's a "secret" scroll you can find near Isshin's room after he dies that gives more details

But why did he come from inside genichiro? Wouldn't it make more sense for him to come out of a portal cut open by the blade then or some such? And why did he fight wolf? Ishin was in good terms with him before.

he did come out of a portal cut by the blade: genichiro was the vessel

Same reason Genichiro wants you dead. You gotta understand that Genichiro's ambitions really were Isshin's, but dude was too old to accomplish half the shit Genichiro did. killing wolf gives him access to the dragonblood's, and the ability to save Ashina

Ishin came back as his younger version who still had anger and gumption

>Same reason Genichiro wants you dead. You gotta understand that Genichiro's ambitions really were Isshin's
Doesn't he side with you against his "foolish grandson" while he was still alive though?

I miss playing Sekiro DLC when?

AGHHHHHHHHHHHHH

LET THE BODIES HIT THE FLOOR

he's neutral at that stage, and only learns that his grandson is seeking the black mortal blade later. It's not really clear, but it's easy to assume he then sees a fresh opportunity for himself and aligns himself with genichiro (hint given if you eavesdrop on him muttering to himself)

he knows you won't get to Genichiro without the mortal blade, and by the time you acquire it and Genichiro decides to fight you again, he'd already have the black mortal blade.

he really has no reason to reveal his true intentions until the very end, so seemingly showing support for you is a win-win

No, isshin would’ve fought for ashina if he wasnt old and dying, he didn’t agree on the dragon blood part. That’s why HE sends emma to get sekiro from the well. He only fights sekiro in the end becouse he loves kino fights, and his grandson summen him forcibly with the blade.

SOMETHING'S GOT TO GIVE

>isshin was an invalid old man
Even near death he didn't feel that way. I mean he was fooling around as Tengu mid-game and his presence alone was enough to keep the other forces from invading. I really didn't get the "invalid" vibe at all.

What's the third rule? I think 1 was obey father, 2 was serve lord, and 3 was?

Deez nuts
>DEATH

>”to abandon oneself in search of strenght, how tragic”
How is this telling he supports gaychiro

>Fear is absolute. There is no shame in losing one battle, but you must take your revenge by any means necessary.

So, stay alive by all means but don't let anyone think you're a pussy.

Being Genichiro is suffering.
BEATEN WHY FOR
CAN'T TAKE MUCH MOAAAAAAAAAR

He’s weaker than he used to be, it’s just to show what a cuck boi way of tomoe gaychiro is for not being able to defend ashina.

It is called the "Game Saiyan Syndrome", and many people experience it. You get defeated time and again, but even as you do you are learning the patterns and openings of a boss. Once you rest, recuperate, and eat, your body knows it is time to fight again, and brings out the knowledge you learned as muscle memory and instinct. If you keep it up, you may even surpass the legendary Super Game Saiyan.

>He’s weaker than he used to be
Well no shit Sherlock. Of course he was weaker than he used to be.

The thing is I've seen some posts here talking about lore and constructing their theories on the basis of "Isshin was an invalid old man who couldn't do anything". I'm saying that's really not the idea I got at all.

>He's weaker than he used to be
That's a lot of room to still be insanely dangerous. Isshin was the greatest Swordsmen in Japan. Genichiro is just a lot younger and hasn't dedicated his entire existence to pushing himself as close to death as possible against the strongest opponent he could find like grandpappy did.

THIS GAME FUCKING ROCKS!!!!!!!!!!!
MY DICK GETS HARD AS FUCK!!!!!!!!

Owl father 2.
youtube.com/watch?v=etAIpkdhU9Q

Isshin SS
youtube.com/watch?v=ao-Sahfy7Hg

Lady Butterfly.
youtube.com/watch?v=hglVqACd1C8

I FUCKING LOVE THIS GAME!!!!
The combat is amazing.

Attached: 1553819374913.gif (600x338, 853K)

he doesn't support the means, but it sure becomes convenient for him afterwards.

desu the whole transition between "my grandson's quest is sad, i'm old, idc lol" and "i might as well have him use the black mortal blade to bring me back young" isn't really clear. the only real hint is the scroll he keeps next to his room, which suggest he changed his mind at one point when he saw an opportunity

When does he say this?

Third death in his fight. Use a Jinzo statue.

He really is a pathetic character. He canonically loses every encounter and brings his dead grandpa back to avenge him, just to die again. It's actually really sad.

>Jinzo statue

Attached: 1344090318532.gif (288x288, 1.88M)

cant beat owl hirata on ng+

>Lose against Sekiro
>Lose against Sekiro Again
>Then either lose against Sekiro AGAIN, or get killed by Owl
Lmao

He wins against Sekiro at the start when he takes his arm off.

Honestly he didn't even deserve it, dude just wanted to preserve his country. I get the whole moral of the story, nothing should last forever, but that doesn't mean you should ever throw in the towel and just give up.

t. Genichiro
He got his shit pushed in and was almost beheaded until his tengu boyfriend interfered. He lost.

The moral is end doesn’t justify the means. Everything could stay the same but it would bring greater suffering in the long run and would be even worse.
Though sekiro being able to just cure dragon ron on a whim is fucking stupid so there really is no consequences from stagnation. TL:DR buddha a cuck stagnate all you want centipede egg waify.

Nameless king vs Sekiro fight after school by the bike rack.

No he didn't. Wolf hesitated at the end and because he didn't kill or otherwise neutralize Genichiro he lost an arm for it.
>A true shinobi knows the difference between honor and victory
>Hesitation is defeat

>want to replay this beautiful amazing game
>Its too easy now

Wtf how do i delete my memory

HITOOOOOOOTSU

Attached: 1554318668352.jpg (528x822, 352K)

A lot of people bash on the combat mechanics saying it was a one time gimmick thing but I sure as fuck would love if every single game from FROM from now on used it. Yes I just said from 3 times in a row.

>not putting yourself in harder situations
>not playing even more aggressive and living on the edge
I dont think theres many other games that actually make you feel like youre in a katana fight where boss fights with humans can end in like 30 seconds

SOMETHINGS GOT TO GIVE NOW

You get railroaded that way so you can see that Wolf prioritises Kuro enough that 5 seconds of talking is enough to make Wolf follow Kuro's plan.

What the fuck are the okami and nobles?

Nah he won the first round where Sekiro was so rusty he fumbled his sword draw.

The nobles are people that went after the immortality water and got a shitty version of immortality. The Okami are people who migrated from elsewhere to serve the fountainhead nobles for some ineffable reason.

So there's
True Immortality like Kuro
Artificial True Immortality like Rice Loli
Given True Immortality like Sekiro
Infested Immortality with centipedes
Fish Immortality where you turn into a carp
Dungeon Experiments where you're basically a zombie

By using gyobu skip and having it fall off the cliff

My interpretation of the sword Saint fight is it has nothing to do with immortality or dragon blood; Isshin already stated he didn't want that shit in the first place. His disappointed tone towards Genichiro implies he was brought back forcefully by his grandson, not that it he was playing 4D chess. It's much simpler: Isshin is obsessed with fighting and getting stronger, but by the time you to meet he's old. He's still strong, sure, but nowhere near his peak. Genichiro brings him back young and suddenly he's standing in front of the Shinobi who was strong enough to bring the entire Ashina clan down. Of course he'd want to fight such a strong opponent. As for the blood why bother, revived Isshin could probably march straight into the ministry's troops and slaughter their general to regain his rule

Why's it called the Gyoubu skip when it requires more skill to pull off than beating Gyoubu?

My guess would be that speedrunners are such autists they can pull it off so consistently that it's faster than fighting. I did that shit once for DoH and the jump to the roof took a stupid amount of tries

At least you can trap DoH and get as many tries as you want, with Gyoubu you only get 1 or 2 tries at it (unless you get lucky and he does laps for a couple of minutes).

Rule #1: you don't talk about Yea Forums

TWO, OATMEAL

Gwyn was an absolute shitshow of a parent.

Attached: calo.png (297x297, 126K)

HIRE

Still waiting for shota kuro and divine child going at it, after she gave birth to kuro

Is this the kino bossfight thread?

Attached: 1555204877844.jpg (1282x1080, 894K)

Isn't rice loli just infested immortality?

Isn't Isshin just wants to fulfill his grandson wish? Even at the end, when we beat him, he accept his death and sudoku honorably

>kino
Neck yourself, frognigger.

Thanks for reminding me that it's mental illness awareness month user

NANI KA ATAENAKEREBA NARANAI

>Sword saint isshin
>intense sword fight
>after one health bar
>draws out a spear
>uses gun
>after second health bar
>uses way of tomoe
>when he said it is heresy to use it
Isshin is a fucking nigger

His first rule of combat is to win by any means necessary so it isn't surprising that he does just that.

His entire fighting style is do anything to win.

Sekiro Prequel where you play as young Isshin unifying Ashina

No, she’s the Divine Child of the Rejuvinating Waters. The monks basically isolated whatever it was in the fish water that makes you immortal and fed it to a bunch of kids who either died or were the rice loli
She has the Fish immortality without the fish part

SOMETHIN'S GOT TO GIVE

Most gods are. Zeus is one of the worst fathers of all time.
At least Gwyn never literally stabbed his son in the back.

Genichiro committed suicide out of shame. Grandpa wanted to fight Wolf in his prime, and couldn't deny his grandkid his dying wish.

She's not fish immortality, she's knockoff Kuro. You could shank the fish to death if it wasn't so big.

No, the monks managed to create true immortality, but something like 1 out of every hundreds of children would actually become immortal, so they swore never to attempt it again. All the children Kotaro talks about finding are those that died during the process of creating Rice Loli.

Why centipedes?

>rice loli
Is there a source that states the Divine Child's actual age? Because to me she looks and sounds at least 17, which is definitely too old to be a loli (but old enough to be my wife).

Look up omukade

She's around the same age as kuro. They're both called the divine children.

Kuro is short even compared to wolf, who is s manlet.

I laughed. Good effort.

I'm seeing the rice connection but not why they granted immortality. I get that they are supposed to show evil and corruption.

That's some weak evidence pham. You could call a 5 year old a child just like it would be appropriate to call a nearly 18 year old a child, depending on the context. Besides, Kuro looks like a young boy, the Divine Child looks like a young woman.

They're also tied to stagnation.

Speaking of rice loli, the rice she gives us is totally her blood right?

Isshin is a real chimp desu. After his spear is out he loses his balls, whenever you step to his face and put the pressure up close he prioritizes backing away even if that means he'll eat a hit or two, so if you press on over and over he ends up not doing much until he eventually cracks down and starts spamming thunder which is basically suicide for him.

For someone who was supposed to be a battle god or whatnot he sure as fuck scares easy. They went with the wrong AI behavior for him.

Yes she turns her blood to rice and gets anemia when she gives you too much rice.

Honestly I really hate to say this but I don’t care about the story in this game and I really wish I could. But for some reason it just doesn’t grip my attention the same way DS1, B.B., or even DS3 does. And I think I know why.

It’s because of how much damn DIALOGUE there is. Barely any of the item descriptions matter, the story is told almost entirely vocally. I’m not going to bash them for trying something different but man, I hope they go back to their traditional storytelling ways for the next game. I just beat Genichiro round 1 and skipped through that entire dialogue with him and Kuro, it was jut too much.

Fuck you I spat out my drink.

Just beat sekiro today. Died a shit ton to sword saint, way more than demon of hatred. But I loved it so much more. God damn that demon was trash

>Fuck you I spat out my drink.
epic post, fellow redditor :)

fuck
the
double
headless
underwater
stupid
fucking
shit

They’re fucking ridiculous. Here’s what I did.
>Gacha candy
>Purple confetti
>kill phantom headless
>purple confetti
>kill real headless

I'd argue you're making a mistake skipping dialogue. There's a lot more of it, but only because there's a defined main character, it's hard to understate how important this is for a narrative. There's more interactions and dialogue only because the game puts more focus into building the dynamic between the characters and how the events of the game effect them.
The relationship between Sekiro and Kuro is probably the best piece of character building fromsoft has done honestly ever. Not terribly huge praise overall, but it's significant.

Just hide behind the fish skeleton, retard

That's where I thought OP was going.

Yes please. Imagine having to fight the sculptor right as he is about to become Shura.

I managed to do it focusing on the real one, then the other vanishes. You just need to be patient between attacks and dodges. I did the same with Double ape fight, Ignored the brown one, didn't know it would vanish if you defeated the main one but it did.

A shinobi would know the difference between honor and victory

He's not that fun to fight, but not that hard either once you know his moves and if you use the fire umbrella do block the jump explosions.

It is considerably easier to kill the fake headless first. It doesn't even have half as much hp as the real one.

I didn't know that and happenned to decide to fight the one closest to me first.

You can’t hit them from that far away dipshit

I already beat the story once and I listened to everything the first time. It’s just that going through all that dialogue again is a fucking slog.

When I play Miyazakis games I’m used to being engaged at all times and still in the loop about how the world and story is evolving, but it’s not the same here. You effectively put the controller down, listen to them, and scroll down to the next dialogue option and Leiden to them for another 5 minutes. That is the opposite of engaging. And I get what you’re saying, but still. If it were any other game I might just give it a pass, but the lengthy dialogue and numerous cutscenes in this game (even if they are cool) just come too much and too often for my taste.

What gun could he possibly be using? i could never tell.

I liked it, I liked the buddist themes and the idea of shura the most. Or the corrupt isolated monks becoming corrupted. It did feel a bit more jarring to have the souls mechanic of enemies respawning when you use a bonfire.

It's weirder to see japanese dudes respawn than undead in some sort of limbo world.

>another 5 minutes.
If 30 seconds feels like 5 minutes to you then you're literally a zoomer. There is no conversation in-game that lasts more than a minute even if you're the slowest reader alive. You don't have to sit there and listen to the voice acting if you don't want to.

The ghost headless dies quickly. Afterwards, it's just moat headless again.

Okay conversation /don’t/ last five minutes but my point still stands.

It’s a massive kingdom in the land of the living, I always interpret it as new footsoldiers taking the places of the ones I killed.

Check my 67 guys

Fair enough. I did mean it's the world of Dark Souls that feel limbo-ish because it's always on the brink of the end.