Go watch my movie OR I.....will.....electrocute..YOU!

go watch my movie OR I.....will.....electrocute..YOU!

Attached: detechu.jpg (1080x533, 69K)

Other urls found in this thread:

bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Healer_(Ability)
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>tfw it was actually fucking good

Attached: 172-1728808.jpg (880x735, 93K)

Why do people think this looks good but sonic doesnt?

fuck no

For one, the difference of quality in the CGI between the two is night and fucking day. The Sonic movie looks like they got wind of Detective Pikachu being made 6 months after they started production and scrambled together a shitty movie in an attempt to ride off the curtails of success that Ryan Reynolds is going to make.

Because sonic doesn’t look like sonic? Are you fucking delusional or just plain autistic?

have you ever seen how sonic actually looks?

theres no way in hell, not even a sonic hater can look at movie!sonic and say with a straight face 'he looks fine'.

Does he say fuck?

Pikachu looks like Pikachu
Sonic looks like something out of 5NAF

C U T E
U
T
E

marketing
social media influencers
etc

for the record: theyre both hideous redesigns

both are shit
but making fun of sonic is a hobby of the internet at this point

Boomer adaptations

>Why do people think this looks good but sonic doesnt?
Because this looks good while Sonic doesn't.

No, its a kids movie

Not a single bug type, poison type, and no HOT STEAMY POKE-BROTHELS WITH GARDEVOIRS

I'm almost convinced the Sonic movie only exists to make Detective Pikachu look better in comparison.
Everyone was talking shit on how bad it looked and then Sonic's design "leaked" and then the narrative changed to "Well it's not THAT bad."

This was a good mystery dungeon prequel

>Not a single bug type, poison type
Off the top of my head the movie has both Joltik and Gengar

Your movie has great visual effects and an entertaining cast of creatures but is ruined by a cliche story and shitty acting/dialogue.

There are no pokeballs in the movie
Now thats fucked

>mfw Giant Torterras

Attached: Bugs.jpg (500x552, 83K)

Attached: 1550109814418.png (1046x268, 96K)

because the Pokemon actually look sort of how you would expect them to realistically. They are cute or weird looking depending on which one it is. It also looks fun in general

Sonic just looks like an abomination and appears like its going to be turbo shit barring maybe Jim Carrey Robotnik just going ham

Where tf is joltik? And shit was gengar always a poison type?

Literally the second scene of the movie with the cubone.

They were throwing pokeballs in the first 5 minutes, you donut.

CONSUME CORPORATE PRODUCT

There's a poke ball at the beginning.

At the underground fight there was a joltik sitting on the ring/barrier.

>Everyone was talking shit on how bad it looked
Having bad opinions is the norm on Yea Forums, but being convinced that everyone else shares your bad opinions is a sign of delusion. Pikachu's first reveal was at the movie's trailer and you can literally tell how well received it was through the like ratio.

Bravely shouted user at the video games board.

>no Salazzle pleasure dungeon full of strung-out pheromone junkies

Attached: disappointed.gif (320x234, 950K)

There are good video games made by passionate people. You can't compare a video game to a souless advertisement cash-in.
Unless if you play shit like gacha and F2P games, then you're just a brainlet.

BASED. Gardevoir is not for lewding

Attached: 1524550768582.png (666x538, 13K)

is he shitting? Pikka kaka?

About on par with Mortal Kombat for video game movies.

Nothing amazing, but pretty fun to watch.

Maybe in another 24 years we'll have THREE decent vidya movies.

I heard there was a golisopod in the background though

This, people think that the pikachu design was hated from the start but just look at the like/dislike ratio, people would have revolted if they had actually found the design as ugly as sonic's

POST YFW The BASED Son saves Tim by football kicking the Cubone-Ditto out the fucking window

Attached: 5d556e319a2cf3a7deec836d8d7b4c12.jpg (700x438, 39K)

>BOTH hideous redesigns
Pikachu in the movie is more like the original than the one we currently have in the """""anime"""""

Movie sonic's proportions are awful on its own, at least detective pikachu's remotely looks like the original. People were already complaining the moment they saw sonic's silhouette

I hate 3D CGI and forcing "realism" into animated properties. However, this clearly has a higher budget and better animation than the Sonic movie.

But in principle, you are right. It's stupid that people hate on the Sonic movie and then cheer for this and Disney remakes. Showing that people don't actually care about the content of a movie, just its visual design and marketing.

Attached: sonic finger.jpg (720x540, 31K)

>mfw Magikarp becomes Gyrados by Pikachu kicking it

Attached: Cheeki Breeki.jpg (637x358, 39K)

Pikachu looks like ass, but still looks like how you'd expect Pokemon to look like in the real world.

Sonic looks like some 12 year old's DA abomination made real.

>MFW Motherfucking titanic Torterras
>YFW Psyduck saving the day
>YFW Pikachu battling Howard Mewtwo
>YFW Charizard whimpering like a basic bitch before the Gyarados

>MFW nothing happens at first... (P:ooohhh... i saw that differently on my head.)

Attached: It+begins+_faaa513a4e1f90eba30b88ab043626a4.jpg (977x712, 78K)

They made Pikachu actually cute.

Attached: a69bfad2-e3f8-4850-a67e-39c2fdb9b576.gif (540x300, 2.41M)

No it wasn't, shill shillson son of shillet

Movie was ok. The visuals were cool, but the plot was a little boring.

Big spoilers
I called Pikachu being the Dad the second they randomly decided MewTwo could bind people and pokemon, then thought to myself "Wait not how could THAT kid's dad be Ryan Reynolds?" I get the kid was light skinned so he could be mixed, but he has zero similarities and even the age feels weird.

Besides that they did a pretty good job. The only line that felt cringe besides MewTwo's randomly introduced ability was when the main character said "I need a HEALER Pokemon."

Is it just me or did they make his build more like fat pikachu

Because it looks good, but Sonic doesn't

Name videogames that aren't cash ins so you can be laughed at

>he doesn't know about audino

I need lewds of the Agent Ditto

Because it looks like Pikachu while the other doesnt look like Sonic

why is that line weird? pokemon with healing abilities do exist, pokemon know that humans do refer to them as pokemon despite not talking, obviously one would expect to encounter pokemon with healing abilities in deep forests.

THE EARTH IS MOVING
ITS GIANT TORTERRAS RISING FROM THE EARTH
THE ENTIRE GROUND IS A POKEMONS BACK
Oh okay they're just sitting down now scenes over
Looked awesome and was a cool little twist but literally zero point for them to stand up.

>mfw Mr Mime is burning alive

Attached: Alucard.png (599x479, 230K)

They're also on the power lines outside Harry's apartment, they show up in the market stalls, a group of them goes running through the field in the opening of the movie, and there's some in the finale. Pretty much every Pokemon that appears shows up in multiple scenes as background filler. Especially Rufflet, that fucker was everywhere.

If they made a mystery dungeon movie I would watch it 10 times

Attached: 1555726389944.jpg (1262x1004, 69K)

Just the phrasing. Something along the lines of "He needs help" or "Can you fix him" would have felt more organic. "HEALER Pokemon" soundt like an RPG class or pokemon type. Really just nitpicking but the wording felt awkward to me. You're totally right, and it wasn't the fact he referred to them as pokemon.

Psyduck used his psychic blast when running away from the Greninjas, something like that would wake up anyone, including the fucking Torterras.

>Poison type
Gengar
>No bug type
Caterpie appeared in the background

Fuck you're right point retracted.

how did a pikachu manage to take on a charizard?

Which makes no sense because all the other Pokemon are made hyper ugly to fit the artists style. I guess the studio decided they couldn't do that to Pikachu because it would hurt sales. But it ends up making Pikachu seem like he doesn't fit with the others.

You kidding? It's impossible for a pikachu to lose against a non mega charizard

literally the gas pokémon man

Probably something like that:
>Pikachu used Thunderbolt! It's super effective! Charizard fainted!

>That bit where TIm accidentally kills the Mr. Mime

Attached: Squid Girl is shock.jpg (746x794, 47K)

you know elsewhere in the pokemon world, the pikachu of some not-so-random trainer has been kicking the butt of pokemon 20 times his size for 20 years or so right?

a pokemon is always as good as his trainer, and given how Harry has been presented as this SUPER ULTRA AWESOME MASTER DETECTIVE OF JUSTICE, its not hard to imagine his Pikachu would be a tough cookie, at least in comparison to Omar Chaparro's Charizard.

>That fucking scene when Tim tries to explain to the chief
>Chief shows him the video feed
>Depressed flashback story
>Wishes he couldve stayed with his dad longer
>After Pikachu makes him feel better he tells him
>"I haven't been nice to you at all"

Bros...

Gave me a giggle

Attached: 1534760955578.jpg (255x255, 17K)

>Both trailers put a focus on the Mr. Mime scene

>The actual movie had an even better scene

Good fucking lord, Tim went overboard

>the part where it showed how Ditto was captured from the wild with the promise of a better life only to be forced to be work in the day care
Holy shit, that was a lot grittier and darker than I was expecting this to be.

>thunderbolt
>super effective against fire type

Detective Pikachu will lose money while Sonic will make millions. Avengers is eating into this movie

user...

Not gonna watch the movie, but I'll keep watching that vid of Pikachu dancing. Mad cute.

Charizard is a Flying type.
It hit my likes like a fucking brick.

the transition of that scene was harsh!

>Tim's face depressed after witnessing the footage, unable to speak.

>a blur appears in front of the camera, you see a image from the blur, its young Tim, watching the train go.

>The blur dissapears, Tim and Pikachu are outside the PD.

that moment managed to convey Tim's regret and guilt perfectly, and built up to his chat with Pikachu seamlessly.

The fucking credits scene had Sugimori drawn Tim and Lucy and those were 10/10, i need them to be canon goddamn it

no but he says the n word. It makes sense though considering his partner

On one hand, it would be kinda comfy being in Ryme city seeing all the cool pokemon doing jobs but on the other hand, having Golurks be part of the police force would be frightening as all hell.

>The cold hard truth is that Tim's only cynical because His mom died of a sickness and he and his dad's relationship drifted apart because of it

>Now he might have actually lost both

It makes the ending scene hit even harder, i don't cry, i never physically will, but family related moments make me teary

He cute AND based!

what's with the nightmarish human feet

That fucking scene at the club when Hot Head Hernendez drops and smashes the R gas causing every single pokemon in the club to go apeshit is the one giant fear of living in a pokemon world like this

You know that Charizard is Fire/Flying right? Its been a thing since Gen 1.

im watching sonic instead

Attached: sth01-02-49-18r-1500x844.jpg (1500x844, 116K)

m-m-merely pretending!

You know, I think that's why they decided to go with a detective pikachu movie, to make people feel like living in a world with pokemon would be really cool even if you're still just a regular dude. a more main line game approach would not be able to get that feeling as strongly, since it would be so busy with battles.

Same, it honestly got me a little anxious

I gave up on Pokemon after 5th gen, but damn did this movie make me want to pick it up again.

Are the Let's Go games any good? Or are they extremely casual like the last few games have been?

Let's Go is the most casual it's ever been. Gen 5 was a good place to stop since 6 and 7 are shit too. Hopefully SwSh will be good.

Just wait for Sword and Shield dude.

yah, shit was terrifying, all these superpowered creatures, crazed and violent and raining hell towards everyone.

Anyway Post YFW:

>The Ryme city News report theme is the pokemon anime themesong

>for some reason, Pikachu knows that song and sings it when depressed

>and the fact that the news report theme is not in the OST! (pic related)

Attached: 1541894500707.png (1280x985, 481K)

Not video games

>Hopefully SwSh will be good.

Attached: 1503038506523.png (412x199, 122K)

What kind of father calls his son a nigga?

Pokemon are actually extremely weak compared to humans, even the heaviest attacks would probably just hurt a lot but not require hospital.

> They disguised the Ditto twist by having the characters it turned into wearing glasses

> Because they still have the Ditto eyes

Attached: FEDB9F07-C596-4C9B-A3D7-F0BA336EAE50.jpg (538x445, 73K)

I dunno, moves like Leech Seed will probably do something to a person.

I called the Ditto twist immediately but I loved it in execution anyway.

Lets Go is peak casual. Sword & Shield isn supposedly made for "veterans" of the series so maybe wait for news about that.

That Lickitung was technically harassing Tim

you know the reason Ash can survive receiving Pikachu's shocks and Charizards flames is for comedic effect, right?

theres no way a human being can survive that, much less an onslaught of attacks one after another from a bunch of crazed beasts.

yeah that was dumb, chalk it up to being a genetic abomination experiment I guess?

Ditto Invasion movie when??

>likitung licks tim, he doesn't even get paralysed

So where's the torrent.

Isn't it only a 30% chance?

>>you know the reason Ash can survive receiving Pikachu's shocks and Charizards flames is for comedic effect, right?
Just like team rocket? And literally every other human that gets attacked by Pokemon.

And how in the manga a loli literally got impaled by a legendary, then had her face blasted by its hyper beam, and only ended up in a wheel chair? Nah.

Attached: 3ad.png (1174x918, 917K)

Most of the Greninjas probably had it.

So wait, if the son wasn’t actually an asshole, what was the argument with his father in the beginning about

Fucking genwunner, audino and chansey are healer pokemon
bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Healer_(Ability)

Post your partner pokemon

Attached: 694_Helioptile1.jpg (500x500, 32K)

no one think this thing looks good, those are just shitposters.

well, she IS on a wheel chair, one would imagine medical services in the pokemon world are so first-class that would make Clinic Mayo or the Mt. Sinai look like fucking community kitchens.

Go away snoy, the movie and designs were great

Attached: rowlet.png (1200x1200, 829K)

Togekiss is the best birb.

Attached: Togepi line.jpg (767x500, 254K)

as cliche as it sounds, i would love to get a big strong birb as a partner, something on the lines of a Pidgeot.

being able to fly everywhere sounds fucking awesome.

Define "Partner"

Attached: 2c570b08890f0573bbc270fe1dc56886.jpg (1223x786, 189K)

It's only good-looking in comparison

The thing is, the Ditto eyes are only a thing due to that one anime episode where that particular Ditto couldn't make the eyes right. At the end of the episode it was able to. Otherwise Dittos should be able to make exact replicas. I'm just nit-picking though.

Attached: Zukan_XY03_C4.png (315x290, 143K)

Attached: 1461602672102.jpg (600x700, 83K)

I was hoping he would pop up in the film at some point.

Attached: 250px-637Volcarona.png (250x250, 54K)

How? Villain sucked, main kid can’t act, pikachus one liners are cringe inducing as he slowly turns into Deadpool in the second half, major plot holes and asspulls. Only good for kids.

I think a biggest nitpick would be demanding that the move "Transform" should work like in the actual games
but then again we have the whole experimentation thing

Mfw it was a completely pointless scene

i imagine is because Howard's Ditto was genetically enginereed to have the ability to mimic humans, something a Ditto cannot regularly do.

possibly the tradeoff for that ability is that atrophies the capacity to make 100% perfect copies, leaving the faces altered.

The main villain is a furfag with a mind control fetish

so an average Yea Forumsirgin

Were you expecting some masterpiece of cinema from Pokémon, a franchise for kids? Its good for what it is. A live-action Pokemon movie.

he's trolling, thats all.

How about no?

Attached: 1416373145701.jpg (768x576, 70K)

Attached: IMG-2669.png (1200x1200, 56K)

>Main kid can’t act

What dimension are you from, Tim and Pikachu were the best characters in the movie, Tim showed actual emotion

Man, I need to remember to go look for an SDT megapack or something.

Tim wasn't that bad, but the girl sure was.

>That moment when Tim was dropping his spaghetti in Public about Pikachu

>”It must be that stuff I was sniffing”

>Couple get weirded out and walk away

Holy shit

Attached: 51BE318F-6B87-44DD-A643-D9D085FE0B14.jpg (540x720, 68K)

because it's okay when nintendo does it. get with the times.

Your going to tell me that Sonic is comparable to Pikachu?

Sonic movie is like the Mario Bros movie, retarded Hollywood out of touch plot trying to make fantasy things seem realistic with a origin story

Detective Pikachu is like who framed roger rabbit, it’s a spin off in the universe that doesn’t need to introduce you to the world

at least she’s cute

People seem to forget that Bulbasaur is part poison. Also Joltik was in the movie.

>Pokemon still look like pokemon.
>Sonic is a humanoid abomination.
>Why people like pokeymans more?

Attached: 1553483760684.jpg (315x396, 28K)

They were at the beginning, but the whole point of the Ryme city was that there arent traditional trainers and battling. Its not really a foreign concept to the pokemon universe.

Charizard is part flying, therefore every Electric type attack does extra damage to Charizard.

And as others have said, the whole fucking anime revolves around a level 245 pikachu fucking every other Pokemon up.

How is the best starter, Bulbasaur, in the movie?

Anybody who still watches pokemon in thier mid twenties should kill themselves

Adorable.

Says user in his mid twenties posting on V

How much screentime do the Bulbasaurs get?

At least im not a dumb pokenigger fantasizing over kids movies

Has the most screen time of any of the initial 3. Though you actually see a lot of Treeckos surprisingly.

Bulbasaur scene made me super happy, and I've never even been a big Bulba fan (water starters forever).

Kill yourself bulbafaggo

>tfw no beady eyed fuckslave ditto

Ryan renolds shows up at the end
Why was that part so funny?

Attached: 1543379347280.png (738x738, 512K)

>hey kid

>tfw no pikachu to thunderblot my cock

>sentient talking Ditto
>it's not even mindswapped, it's just a smart and evil henchman Ditto
are you fucking kidding

Attached: 96857e6387965874754673.jpg (313x404, 30K)

Is there a camrip to watch or something?

I'm too autistic for theaters

Just like a sentient, talking, evil Meowth?

the anime has always been retarded

Literally the funniest part of the movie

Overall, it was a good movie.

But he never talked.

I want another movie just because the Mr. Mime scene was so perfect and the fanservice was so good. But I'm afraid that it'll be the quality of Pacific Rim 2 and forget why people liked the first one.

Attached: 1473824315816.jpg (313x429, 47K)

No but there’s cocaine and masturbation jokes

Can someone show me Mr Mime fucking burning to death, I don’t watch to torrent or anything, I don’t even know if torrents are out yet, I just really want to see it because it sounds fucking hilarious, I may try to see the movie this weekend in theaters.

It's not shown directly, the joke is that it cuts before the imaginary fire is ignited.

Its a really quick cut and it makes only really makes sense if you listen and watch to the whole scene.

>THAT SCENE

Attached: tumblr_ozq5a1lL5F1svq6hoo1_1280.jpg (1080x1267, 229K)

Was the cutest thing I've ever seen. Is this a redemption arc of being the worst original starter?

I never picked him, but he'll always be the most adorable starter.

How was it the worst when it made the game pretty smooth for the first 4 gyms and was really bulky

Damnit, well i will be sure to watch it as soon as I can, are there really lopunny strip clubs in the film, I heard something like that in this thread.

>revolves around a level 245 pikachu fucking every other Pokemon up.
Don't make me say the D word...

Attached: Alain_XY.png (131x343, 43K)

Meowth, easily. Severely disappointed that he wasn't in the movie.

Attached: 155689819927.png (800x600, 272K)

Haven't used mewtwo in game in 20 years but I'm pretty sure recover is one of the moves it starts with

Ok ok fine. Jeeze

>not posting the full loop

Attached: Pikachu_dance.webm (720x780, 2.31M)

Do you have working eyes?

How the fuck wasn’t Meowth in it. You know, trying not to get into rosterfaggotry too much, but meowth can’t catch a break, he was planned to be playable in the orignal smash yet has never actually gotten to be playable and now I’m just hearing that he isn’t even in this.

Enjoyed the movie. Not perfect by any means, but it was a fun time. I guess Bill Nighy was just a crazy evil guy though? I didn't see the twist of him and Ditto coming, so that was cool, I guess, but everything after him becoming Mewtwo was kinda nonsense.

>water starters forever

Based. This movie had perfect Pokemon representation to me. Bulbasaur and Ivysaur were always my favorite base and Mid Grass starters, but in terms of final stage i always prefered Torterra (favorite starter overall), and lo and behold, two of those have prominent features in the film. Greninja is my favorite Water Starter (and 2nd favorite starter overall) and he was also very prominent in the movie. Overall i felt like the movie was pandering to me and i walked from the theater with the biggest smile on my face.

It was honestly a 7/10 movie, but it felt like a near 10/10 experience for me

Attached: D5WtidsUUAA6UZ_.jpg (1200x879, 151K)

He says hell and damn

Attached: F015B636-B3B9-46F3-8460-C54595AD612B.jpg (1280x720, 76K)

Pikachu looked a little odd, different maybe, but not bad. Much easier to get used to and with other Pokemon in the movie he fits in with the world around him. Sonic on the other hand looks like shit right out of the gate and in no way resembles his iconic design, as the only cg character in the movie it also makes him stand out even more, which because he already looks fucking ugly just magnifies the problem.

I liked that scene where they go to the underground battle district. Wish we saw a serious battle just to show off how raw it can get. But Snorlax blocking the road made the show worth it

Attached: D5rK9PWWkAAJU-V.jpg (591x406, 38K)

>That part where pikachu starts singing the theme song

Attached: 1550017759932.png (303x305, 101K)

>tfw didn't see the final twist coming because Tim was black

Attached: 1537654364499.gif (240x180, 2M)

>Tim friend tried to get him to catch a Cubone because he’s always “Lonely” because of his absent father
>In the first scene Pikachu is in and noticed that Tim can understand him he says “I’ve been so lonely”

Nice touch

>saw the twist way too early when they were talking outside the station and pikachu was proud

>Tfw when it’s revealed that Pikachu is Tim’s dad, I hear some guy behind me say “so his mom fucked a pikachu? No wonder she died. Probably from aids”

Attached: CF5BF8B4-2585-4A33-94CF-2FCCEC37C3DB.jpg (1280x724, 70K)

Fucking hell

Attached: 1554423534892.png (349x415, 138K)

Alright which of you fags was it

Attached: 1555041119670.png (755x755, 510K)

does film have pokeballs?

But Venusaur is the most useful in competitive battles.

This, Meowth's my favorite and his complete absence was a bit disappointing

The best.

Attached: 1537055819478.jpg (852x937, 88K)

holy shit i think i just realized why tim gave up on being a trainer.
his mom died on "the most important day of his life(aka 10 years old and becoming a trainer)" or did i remember that scene wrong?

Actually a decent film! Had some neat twists! Not perfect, but I would see it again.

no

they never mention that it was it 10th birthday. They do mention that his dad was going to send him a ticket to come visit his father for his 21 birthday though. Tim was just a loner who avoided his father because after his mother’s death he focused on his work more than Tim and when Harry was moving to be closer to work Tim refused to go.

Watching this made me want to revisit the show, but I'd rather not watch the Frankenstein episodes 4kids put together. I've been looking around but I can't find the first seasons subbed anywhere, only the American releases. I've never had this much trouble finding subs before, can anyone help out?

Attached: Rubilax and sword pokemon.png (877x1223, 691K)

i remember him complaining as a kid to his grandma about his special day right before the dad comes home?

How are the scenes with best girl?

Attached: 1434492244.png (723x810, 367K)

>tfw have no way to see it

Attached: 1554429188148.gif (220x220, 888K)

That was an anime gag that became iconic that every ditto merch followed suit.

There's a difference between the two, in that Pikachu actually works and Sonic doesn't. You aren't "woke" or anything, you are just retarded.

Too much genwun pandering, not enough pokemon. Plot was surprising heartfelt but still generic. Overall I liked it, but mostly because I liked seeing the scenes with the pokemon in it and how they interacted with the humans, as well as the humorous parts. Wouldn't expect people with no connection to pokemon like it.

PR2 sucked because it was made without the people involved from the first one.

It should be extremely obvious that the reason people don't like the Sonic movie goes far beyond it "being cool to hate sonic".
t. huge sonicfag

Attached: BB7C87D3-64DA-4CC0-8C94-44D5181CB0B1.gif (600x600, 741K)

Where my /skitters/ boys at?

Attached: cdf7a7e712d0f766c923c86d75f87e4c.gif (375x253, 1017K)

The whole point of the film was to sell Pokémon with human beings. It's why DP was picked to begin with. With that said the telling of the movie was much better than the game (fuck that vague nonsense in the game's ending).

They've been drawing him slightly chubbier in recent years

Attached: EE5EB4C6-A127-4E55-AA2A-6BBF6B33C4FD.png (478x606, 52K)

He says hell, damn and shit and makes an orange man bad joke at one point.

>Too much genwun pandering
The fact that it wasn't exclusively Gen 1 should honestly be seen as a blessing. There were a lot more Gen 4 or 5 than I thought there'd be and I never in my wildest dreams thought Torterra of all mons would get a decent spotlight in the movie.

I don't remember those last two.

It was really boring. 5/10 movie at best

Is Pikachu the sexiest pokemon?

YEE

Attached: ucchii.png (377x385, 71K)

Don't mind if I do.

Attached: 8.jpg (1155x81, 12K)

Get used to it or stop watching Hollywood media.

The Pokémon cards depict ditto transformations with the dot eyes so I feel like it’s canon they all do that

The movie was great, it might bet the best movie based on a video game ever (although that's a really low bar with Tomb Raider being the only serious contender).

The only thing I completely agree with is that Justice Smith can't act for shit.

Also how the part where Howard is introduced in the Ryme City welcome video is done in the "Who's that Pokémon?" style

Did your favorite Pokemon appear?

No

Attached: 335D0EF3-103A-45BE-B4B0-955335C45654.jpg (443x332, 20K)

>sudowoodo
Nope.

>bad furry porn comic

>that scene in the underground club where the Loudred were used as speakers for the DJ

That’s a fun, creative way of using Pokemons.

>mfw characters from the movie in ken sugimori artstyle in the credits

Attached: 18601256_375720052830126_447856541_n.jpg (228x222, 8K)

Yes!

Attached: 623-othertrainers2.jpg (160x160, 7K)

>no Espeon
Was a good movie though.

And when the frenzy drug was spread the music picked up the pace at the same time we saw the Loudred being affected. I wouldn't call it a great movie but some of the scenes were clever.

Saying Ditto would be too obvious, so in terms of actual Pokemon:

Shouldermon? Kecleon. Bromon? Greninja. They both have Protean and can become any type they want. Few things are cooler than that.

Attached: DjuqF3SUwAI5Blf.png (400x450, 387K)

I'm hungover af, i might go watch this today since i'm pretty much bedridden
The only probelm is that i feel if i close my eyes i'll feel like i'm watching Deadpool 3

Attached: mfw Bendis.png (2128x1344, 3.7M)

What's the next Pokemon movie going to be? We all know there's going to be a sequel. It's inevitable.

Oh yeah, that change to dubstep when they went crazy was hilarious.

Agreed, i do hope for a sequel because all in all it was fun and deserves praise for being a good video game movie.

link you motherfucker

For the franchise in general the first mewtwo movie is getting a CGI remake.

Attached: creambake.png (871x733, 217K)

It's not. This movie flopped.

>Implying that Pikachu has enough attack points to take down charizard even with STAB's

My lad got more than what was in the trailer, pretty satisfied/10.

Attached: download.jpg (342x700, 50K)

Source?

Fuck off Yea Forums. Not being Endgame is not the same as flopping.

Tfw if it’s not at avengers level then it’s a flop. They made $53.6M so far which is surprising because endgame is still showing

>Movie deals with people geting thier minds transferred into pokemon

So Mystery Dungeon movie next?

Attached: pokemon.jpg (1280x854, 200K)

Yes in the intro

You’re underestimating how strong Pikachu is. Tfw Raichu is a worse Pokémon than Pikachu

Attached: 4FA7B3AE-E2B4-406E-B1A4-BE2BD1CD5127.jpg (349x232, 30K)

Would've loved to see a scene where Pikachu interacts with a Raichu.

Attached: 1434357731302.gif (500x375, 993K)

That would be fun

It was the Sinnoh Championship day, though they didn't say much else if it was his birthday or anything just that is was a special day.

I thought it was good but the whole merging People with Pokemon being the end plot seemed pointless.

TIM

Attached: Every-Live-Action-Pokemon-In-The-New-Detective-Pikachu-Trailerj-Mewtwo.jpg (738x369, 41K)

Where the fuck in the Sinnoh region could this city fit in?

>credits Pokemon theme isn't on the soundtrack
FUUUUUUCCCCKKKKK YOOOOOOUUUUU

Attached: 1546792193777.jpg (970x545, 83K)

>Implying that rising its attack Will help when it's health and defense are still low

The fact that Mewtwo was the same one from Kanto was pretty fucking based. And the fact the other regions were referenced also opens up some pretty cool potential for sequels

>Wasting an roster slot with a Pikachu that needs to hold an item to even contend at the lowest levels of competitive when you can just throw any other OUmon onto your team with Choice Specs/Scarf

_ ____ __ ____ ____ ___ _____

Villain needs a evil plan, and the plan that the villain has in the movie is a lot better than the one in the game.

>it's actually fucking good
>no it wasn't
>what? were you expecting it to be good or something?

Was there any lopunny or braixen in it? curious to see the waifumons in glorious uncanny valley

I dont recall anything about orange man

Do all Pokemon worship Arceus?

Attached: fug.jpg (195x259, 9K)

Ryme City isn't in Sinnoh.

Attached: 64e103221d0cbb08af9a3014d49360e3 (1).png (615x380, 383K)

Tim’s address on the card from his dad is Lavender Town

Oh, I assumed it was because of the whole "Sinnoh champion league" stuff. Where is it then?

good != masterpiece, retard.

Been a fan of these two since their creation, pity their stats are quite shit

Attached: 1d388a38cc467a34da11eaeb69933bf6.png (400x300, 19K)

pikachu is dad

Remember how Pokemon GO was a massive normalfag hit because POGEYMANZ IN REAL LIFE BRO? This is basically that, but in movie form. They don't care if it looks like uncanny valley abomination, its POGEYMANZ IN REAL LIFE BRO. That's the normalfag mindset.

Now Sonic, who the fuck gives two shits about fucking Sonic? Only a handful of actual fans still do, and 90% of people who have heard of Sonic are of the mindset that "Sonic was never good" and are only looking for the next Sonic blunder to point at and laugh because the only Sonic game they know of is 06 and Unleashed, and they only ever saw 06's gameplay and just dismiss Unleashed because of the werehog.

Its a combination of things that leads to the hypocrisy of loving one abomination while pointing and laughing at another, just as bad abomination.

Hell, the villain here has at least a more sensible plan compared to the mainline game villains

why didnt jaden smith recognize the voice of his own fucking father the second pikachu started talking?

Attached: 1555494965238.gif (250x188, 502K)

Like all spinoff games, their own regions.

>shut him off his life for a good chunk of it
>never saw for quite a long time
>last time he saw him was a kid

user, the Gofags hate this movie.

Was he always a pikachu or is it some transformation magic?

why didn't he pul the thing off Old man mewtwo the first chance he had? or knock his old ass out before he could do it. im sure the little nigger wanted to, it was in his blood

probably because he hadn't heard it for 10+ years

Imagine his situation:
>You have a father that you have not seen in 10+ years
>You are doing your own thing living your own life
>Suddenly, you get the news your dad is legally dead
>You are collecting your dad's stuff
>Then there is a pikachu in your dad's apartment
>It starts talking fucking english
Even if the thought did go through his head, it wouldn't be something you bring up.

>putting yourself in pokemon world

bro are you okay?

Mewtwo was close proximity. Then when he moved away Ditto came in.

but the movie is still canon right?

partner as in partner?

Attached: 181-Ampharos.png (247x300, 34K)

>rip comments straight from a review in order
I hope you dont do this in your college paper

my nigga

Attached: 1555745364946.gif (500x550, 1.17M)

Pika

or partner as in partner

Attached: il_340x270.1270856733_f3am.jpg (340x270, 19K)

do not sexualize pokemons you fucking degenerate piece of shit

why are you projecting your weird shit onto me, you sicko?

I do worry the magic will be lost thanks to not having the access to a partner Pokemon that can speak. I also am curious how easy it will be to handle and pace out a movie with a Trainer with a full 6 slot party if they go for a more traditional game route

I liked it

So since there are rumors of the Red/Blue movie and Mewtwo prequel film I decided to take my hand at an idea for the Mewtwo Movie. The movie itself adapts the Metwo OVA of the Return of Mewtwo.

>Movie takes place 10 years prior to Detective Pikachu but 10 years after he escapes from Kanto.

>Film has Pokemon trainer Green (set in Post-game of Red/Blue) is on Cinnabar Island as she is investigating the data as she searches for Mewtwo. The search leads her to the mountains where he has hidden himself.

>Mewtwo, isolated, is haunted by dreams of a past he doesn’t remember (thinking about the dream sequence of the first film) and a voice of a little girl (Ai/Amber) when he is discovered by Green.

>Meanwhile the organization that created Mewtwo is on the attack. They send cloned pokemon (Kabutops, Aerodactyle, etc) but most importantly other manmade pokemon (Like Genesect and Type:Null)

So they killed MR. Mime

There's also a Johto championship poster in his room.

>Thinking not everyone hates the idea of reverse isekai soni

Can Mewtwo learn heal pulse?

Attached: mega7.png (498x600, 166K)

If the Pikachu's trainer was Japanese or maybe European I'd watch it, but I won't be watching nigger-propaganda.

It's ok when Nintendo does it.

I should preface this by saying I havent played Pokemon since Gen 6 so I still believe Protean Life Orb Greninja is the most fun thing in pokemon

Attached: 712Bergmite.png (783x783, 418K)

I like that it did help the cliche of "Good guy was evil all along" as it would easily fool anyone.

The twist was obvious because hes lightskin and the the mom was dark as fuck.

Ok

>Cubone's mom is dead
>Tim's mom is dead

Tim's friend is an asshole

I mean it actually is okay when they do it because they didn't fuck it up.