PC controller

Help me decide guys. I wanna use either the switch pro controller or the PS4 controller for PC but I cant decide. Both just feel so good to me.

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 50K)

Other urls found in this thread:

google.com/search?q=ikbc c87
github.com/Ryochan7/DS4Windows/releases
wooting.io/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

If you like them both equally then I guess it depends on the games you'll be playing. Sidescrollers and fighting games on ps4, everything else on switch. Also the switch controller has an insane battery life while the ps4 one has a really shitty one

Switch is more comfortable but it has a shitty dpad and digital triggers. I'm inclined to check out Razer at this point

I have both and I use one or the other depending on the game. I prefer Switch Pro for most 3D games and DS4 for everything else.

PC has a controller already

and its overall better than the Switch

Attached: 1538843157251.jpg (1200x800, 59K)

the switch controller is a godsend for anything that isn't a d-pad game.

I'd believe it, especially since most games assume Xbox controller layout for tutorials and config

Switch pro is nice but they fucked up on the angle of the dpad in relation to the handle; compared to both the DS4 and WiiU Pro, it's gonna be awful for any games that use it as primary input. Oh, and the weight balance feels kind of bad.

My recommendation would be one of the latter. DS4 has nice analog triggers, WiiU Pro has a 60 hour battery life.

this

It's what I use. It's less of a headache that the other controllers I used and it worked well enough with Bayonetta on Steam and 7th Dragon 2020 on PPSSPP.

>tfw DS4Windows has wonky BT detection and InputWrapper hasn't been updated for 4 years or so

Wii U pro controller is actually the superior pc controller. The stick placement is also surprisingly comfortable and the dpad is better. My only gripe is the shitty faceplate it has. Its a real smudge magnet.

Attached: Nintendo-Wii-U-Pro-Controller-Black.jpg (3800x2700, 2.68M)

DS4 is honestly one of the best controllers ergonomics-wise. It feels so good to hold. Downside is that it's a pain to connect to PC. DS4W is shit, I find the Steam feature quite decent but it doesn't work with all games, like Yakuza and Sekiro

Just use the steam driver then?

Do you know if any 3rd party clones are decent? Official ones aren't exactly easy to find nowadays. My current one was second hand when I got it, it'd be nice to have a backup if this one ever dies.

If you primarily use d-pad use DS4. If you primarily use sticks use Pro.

Can you even use Wi for Windows? I assume you can the way people are talking about it, but imo fucking the newer x-box controller is by far the best one. I have th steam controller, but it's nothing great.

I wouldn't trust any third party unless you're hunting for a good gamecube controller clone. As shitty as it is if you have a facebook the market place is a surprisingly good reason for vidya related stuff. You're rolling the dice on ebay sinc you're very likely gonna get some chinese knock off.

Depends on which you're talking about but there are adapters for damn near anything. I use a mayflash adapter for my wii u pro controller and I know they have a ns magic one that works for DS4 or switch pro controllers.

Pro works fine right off my mobos Bluetooth

Plug in a mayflash adapter and it just werks. It's also compatible with X360CE if you ever need anything beyond that. Same adapter also works with the switch, if you happen to have one.

weird, for me the dpad on the pro controller is the best dpad for fighting games. I actually stopped playing with dpads during the PS3, Xbox 360 era because of how shitty they are, then started using dpads again because of the DS4, but the switchs pro controller is the best.

The dpad itself is fine imo, it's just in a weird place relative to the left handle, or vice versa.

DS4 feels like shit to hold, also trash triggers, the xbox controller is probably the best one

You don't have issues with misregistering off axis input? You're lucky then since most people do

Ps4 dpad is mushy garbage.

Switch dpad is better once you do scotch tape fix

nope, im actually more consistant puling off special moves with it, though I still have issues when im the right player side trying to perform moves facing left (always have with any controller)

I was trying to find a way to describe the PS4 dpad and you said it perfectly, that said I have never heard of the scotch tape fix for the switch dpad

PS4 gets the edge cause the touchpad can be handy for custom ingame menus and such using steam controller config, and both can use gyro for aiming.

Steam will allow both to emulate an xbox controller just fine out of the box though so don't listen to any fag suggesting Xbone pad

Attached: LJnvvY9[1].png (1268x433, 399K)

How do I get one of these today, all of them online are all chinese knockoffs now.

The switch pro dpad is fine in the tactile sense, the problem is that it falsely registers diagonals a lot.

By covering the inner halves of each contact pad on the circuit board you eliminate this problem

Attached: vqHvr0h[1].jpg (1458x762, 184K)

OP here guys, I still can't decide. I have an XboneX and might use the xbone controller. It seems easiest to set up. But I still love the other two.

>Plug in a mayflash adapter and it just werks.
just got a bluetooth and a new xobx apadotr my my PC, after sepndigan shitload oherhaulinging it with an i-9400 and a 2080 ti. Thinking about getting another 2080 ti and a setup via SLI, but then I hear varios shit things about 2080 ti SLI and that I'd suppsooelfy be disappointed in results unless playing a very few specific few games. Have yet to see the "Tracking"adding any real specific benefit to any game. Not ubying battlfileld 5 due to the Pc bullshit, but did get new Russian metro game, also mean to use the new "tracking NVIDA thing. Anxious to see how it seems to differ (if at all) from other games.
Also, anxious to get several new cool things for PC re: VR and Skyrim.

Holy shit I never knew about this, i thought that was only for steam controller?

DS4 can use touchpad as mousepad. pro controller's battery life doesnt suck total dick. choose accordingly.

Attached: madlad.jpg (2000x3000, 504K)

but ive always experiences this with basically every controller thats not a joystick or a keyboard, and I learned to position my finger and perform my moves correctly to avoid it often.

well I guess it doesnt hurt to try this, but this is an issue with basically every dpad, and I have not found the pro controllers dpad to be any worse.

From what said, it probably works with any bluetooth.

Also, you should slow down on the alcohol.

Steam splits the ds4 touchpad into 2 halves and lets you do all features of steam controller touch pads on them, arguably making it more useful than on any actual PS4 game

This too, but IMO it's kinda shit as a mouse because of how small it is. Way better for touch menus

Attached: Desktop-Screenshot-2018.02.04-01.40.07.32[1].png (1920x1080, 587K)

Anything but a DS4, shit controller.

Both the pro controller and ps4 controller can have mouse binded to gyro using Steam. Pro controller has a better battery but the dpad can be iffy.

SLI support is just about dead at this point. But sounds like you have cash to burn
Skyrim VR is meh to. It doesn't have the full SE mod support either.

Ehh...hest and know Even with the fucking adapters, even with bluetooth, I still find I need to hook up a cable to get consistently good coverage from my controller.

I spent a shitload on my desktop (over $6k total including the VR shit) and even still, just doesn't seem work as perfectly as would hope.

It doesn't happen to for example the Wii U Pro dpad, it's something new to the switch pro

Other legendary dpads such as Saturn dpad and more recently the Xbox One dpad also dont have this problem

Bluetooth adapter doesnt work that well especially if you have multiple controllers connected, I hate to say it but the official microsoft xbox receiver works way better

Xbone controller with silicone stick caps is the only answer

but they do happen, well I cant speak for the Wii U pro controller cause I never had that one but I do currently still own a Saturn and it happened. well maybe im just confused with the problem, in any case for me, the switch pro controller dpad is the best for fighting games in this gen and past gen.... well the Vita's dpad was also pretty great.

>slow down on the alcohol.
No need to project asshole. If my writing sucks right now, it's bc my mac laptop I'm using right now (rather than desktop since eI don't feel like moving to my Pc desk) and also forced to use the "Vivaldi" browser for some reason no other one us allowing me to post for whatever reason.
In short, stick your tongue up in my fucking ass...like your mother does. And if she's dead, maybe I can dig her up and seat her on your s-ifa in a nice sun dress with "beauty and the Beast" on TV--on a blueray player-- and by the time you wake up, her corpse with only her nails and hair growing in a nice sundress and a steaming cuppa right in front of her as the romance Belle and Beauty develops on the TV and blueray player right in front of your dad mother.

>Bought a bone controller 1 year ago
>3 face buttons springs worn out, left analog drifts left
nah this thing is trash

nope faggot
you need to use a P FUCKING C controller ASSHOLE

you don't get to USE console controllers, because, fucking according to YOU FUCKS, KEYBOARD AND MOUSE IS BEST

FUCKING HUUUUUUUURRRRRRR
FUCKING DUUUUUUUUUUURRRRRRR

>godsend
>analog has deadzones
>digital trigger buttons
>that dpad

Shit dog could you recommend me a keyboard with analog input?

It's odd, bc sometimes the official Microsoft adapter works quite well (Same re: the bluetooth, jut need the right kind and to make sure it's done correctly).

My touchpad is augmented

>words
Okay my dude, okay.

For general use, any modern controller is good. Xbone, DS4, DS3, Wii U Pro, Switch Pro, 360. You can't really go wrong. Maybe omit 360 if you need a good d-pad for 2D stuff.
If you want a controller dedicated to 2D stuff (ie, no analog sticks), get a Sega Saturn controller. Greatest d-pad of all-time, one of the best face button layouts ever, unmatched ergonomics, etc. Retro-Bit has recently released some new USB Saturn controllers, officially licensed by Sega.

All analog controllers has deadzones. Not really an issue especially when steam directly allows you to adjust it

DS4 and Switch deadzones are way smaller than xbone I noticed

Anyone else scrambling to wire up their controllers because Bluetooth is such a laggy piece of shit for PCs? That latency is insane

Been using one of these for 5 years now. Best controller for PC by far especially if you're going to be emulating.

>he doesn't know that DS4 in BT has the lowest latency of all console controllers

All of them are lacking in terms of deadzones it seems. None that can be considered perfect yet

It only adds 1-2ms if it's a solid connection, the issue is that most of the bluetooth dongles out there are absolute chinese cheap garbage

> PC controller
google.com/search?q=ikbc c87
Cheap and awesome.

I honestly dont really notice it on my DS4 pad. Definitely do on my Xbone pad. These are both on PC with Steam settings deadzone set to minimum by the way.

Even that feels unacceptably slow to me. Especially for twitchy oldschool games. And almost unusable for fighting games

nice nu gaming trash consumers garbage fags
Pic related, the patricians choice. Recognized as ps3 controller, wrapped in xinput driver, vibration working.

Attached: green.jpg (2048x1536, 1.55M)

I guess it depends on the device. for example when I connect a DS4 on my kindle tablet, the DS4 controller lags like a mother, but the xbone controller works fine, you have to actually download another app to make the DS4 controller work without the lag.

I use a DS4 on my Linux desktop PC with a shitty dollar bluetooth dongle, works seamlessly.

Too bad I don't get to a cool GUI to edit the LED color and strength, but I can live with it.

this
xbone controller is best for PC

It's only 10.5ms. The next fastest major wired controller is at least 6ms slower than that

Anybody else get major lag with both the DS4 and Switch controller over motherboard Bluetooth? It’s really really bad.

This, I rebought UNIST on PC because DS4 is so awful

you forget that Yea Forums is full of pro fgc players user.

>Okay my dude, okay.
Talk about a fucking pedantic asshole. If I WERE drunk, think I'd have a problem admitting it? You're a soulless bugman hard-on on a board where you do not belong and trying to fit in (badly) by pedantically picking out nonsense no one else cares about.
>>>>>>>>>>>>.oven

You must have a crappy mobo then. That or a lot of radio interference in the same band

>on my kindle tablet
That's why, kindle and android devices have horrendous builtin bluetooth lag regardless of device

Even wired controllers have big delay on those.

Small bluetooth receivers only work well with 1 controller, anything more and you pretty much have to be really lucky with positioning

Do you have the wifi antennas antenna screwed into your mobo? They are also used for bluetooth I believe

Adding to this older BT specs didn't have low latency support

>That's why, kindle and android devices have horrendous builtin bluetooth lag regardless of device

I understand but like I said, the xbone controller doesnt have any issues, only the DS4 controller does

I don't know why it just seems so off to me. Might be an actual bluetooth issue in my computer

On console ds4 bluetooth is actually less latency than wired

What's your adapter?

If it's a $5 piece of shit like this that's probably why, look for one that's closer to the size of a flash drive as it will have a much bigger antenna trace on it

Attached: s-l1600[1].jpg (1200x1200, 95K)

A peachtree that is about that size.

It's the same on PC as well.
It has a very high BT polling rate

>SLI support is just about dead at this point. But sounds like you have cash to burn
>Skyrim VR is meh to. It doesn't have the full SE mod support either.
Yeah, made vey good cash with Bitcoin, sold it a few days before the big crash. It's funny, after I cashed in my fucking Bticon cash and began poting some of the shit I was boring (keep in my, I grew up a fucking poorfag and this was my first experience with having REAL extra money to burn).
You could not fucking believe the number of hatred, death threads here, etc.. I fucking got from douchebags on here simply for studying the bitcoin situations systematically and being able to dump it before the fucking major crash.

My DS4 works fine with a bluetooth adapter but if I try to connect more than one controller one or the other will randomly lose inputs for a few seconds. Anything I can do? Is the official Sony adapter better?

switch controller has digital triggers
only thing keeping it from perfection imo

yeah, that's shit dude. Have to expect to spend $15-$20 for a real fucking decent dongle of any sort in my experience.

The only game this has been a shortfall for me is rocket league, but yeah it's a definite oversight.

best controller if it ever comes out

Attached: w8 bitdo.png (400x300, 32K)

Does it have HD rumble?

wait for the stadia controller

Set up both and swap between them, it's not hard.

Yes, my WiFi antenna is screwed in. Could that be causing interference?

>prone to starting fires as power filtering diode fails frequently
no thanks I want to keep my fucking hands in one piece.

the non-plus version has regular rumble. can't really say what that really means for this controller, it probably doesn't since 3rd party controllers don't have hd rumble.

they stopped selling them entirely

a fork
github.com/Ryochan7/DS4Windows/releases

>recommend me a keyboard with analog input
wooting.io/
np dog

I thought 8bit do found a way to implement it on their previous controllers. Maybe that was just the switch BT support- I forget

Thats only analog with one dimension though. I would like something with precision on an XY plane for full directionality

This I prefer both this and Switch pro but I use the bone controller the most as it fills my hand well.

DS4 feels like a PS2 controller they tried to salvage without removing the PS2 look. Bone controller is best.

I was sucked in by the PS4 controller.
I use it an not my Xboxone or Switch Pro controller on PC.

Xbox one is the best

I don't use it because it isn't Bluetooth.

lmao

>Even that feels unacceptably slow to me
>It's only 10.5ms
how fucking shit are your bluetooth dongles, what the actual hell?

Attached: Capture.jpg (134x136, 6K)

It really comes down to which type of stick placement you prefer. Overall I'd say Switch is better. If you have problems with the D-Pad (personally I don't) there's a really easy mod to fix it. Just need a screwdriver and some scotch tape.

>thinking that accurately reflects the actual latency of the entire pipeline
This was done with external real world measurements

Attached: rum4H5-JbHVIM3ZNnW-lYAT32_Sohu66QrbxzHZyrGg.png (1920x1080, 172K)

the newer S model has bluetooth

This is the old one, which doesn't. The shell is a bit different.

Attached: B00CMQTUSS_XboxOne_Controller_F_TransBG_RGB_2013.jpg (1024x778, 64K)

hey lardass maybe you should be nicer to your controllers. Jesus

Different guy; my left stick started drifting up at around 3 months. Love the controller otherwise, but that's horseshit.I didn't even use it much, and I treat my electronics with care.