Just admit it, this looks bad. Turn based would have been better

Just admit it, this looks bad. Turn based would have been better.
Admit.
It.

Attached: 1544102938496.webm (1280x720, 1.91M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youdubber.com/index.php?video=2UWcBhdYlow&video_start=60&audio=N3472Q6kvg0&audio_start=57
youtube.com/watch?v=sbBY9aaGzNI
youtube.com/watch?v=4IcP_E7ik7Y
youtube.com/watch?v=NCgbeHb5nk8
youtube.com/watch?v=P_UlPln-SSM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

ATB is trash too, give me pure turn based Combat like in the original game

Manchildren stucked in the past are no longer relevant to the video game industry, fuck off.

Literally the only problem is the enemies not having hit detection. Otherwise it looks fine. Fuck off

Shut the fuck up faggot.

Not just the combat
I cant stand these realistic faces, they are so ugly, is Japan also losing their way?

If I don't what are you going to do about it, cry to mommy?

The ONLY thing interesting about FF7 was the materia system, everything else was mediocre at best gameplay wise. It was a simple system of customization and minmaxing that was fun to play with

They are keeping the materia system so everything else I am open to

Looks gorgeous and fun. Seeth more, faggot.

You sound like you havent left your basement in about 12 years

There is only two enemies that did not have hit detection in the teaser. One was the lizard dudes and that was while he was doing a jump back animation and the other was the thing that may be the sweeper but has the disc hands, which was a big enemy

Everything else had very clear hit detection on getting hit by braver, cross slash and from Barrets shots and big shot. Shinra grunt was even in a knockdown state

I could've sworn they said it would have the option for both. I'm probably wrong.

Was anyone defending this? I thought people immediately knew it was shit when "Action combat" and "episodic release" were confirmed.
You didn't expect Squeenix to make an actually good game that had the name Final Fantasy, did you?

But man children have money to spend

FFX system is the best.

>pressing one button over and over looks fun.
Stay simple minded,nigger

Thats what you did 80% of the time in FF7 because you just press attack in random encounters so you can continue the video game

It looks clunky to me but there was a lot of good in that trailer too. I have a lot of hope that it'll be KH2 instead of KH3.

Maybe stop being such a stuck up whiny bitch. FF7 still exists.

lol

No you fucking retard, turn based was always boring and strategicaly bad design. Lame gameplay made just to put tons of artificial life into a game, simply awful. I can belive there peole that love grind to get 100% on RPG like Pokemon or FF/DQ, fuck, get a life

>""Remake"" FF7 into a kingdom hearts game
literally for what purpose

>seeth more, faggot
>he actually seethes more
amazing

Because KH2 is the pinnacle of FF except for maybe 6, 7, or 10. So they're combining 7 and KH2

Square enix is basically the eastern EA

They shouldn't have even bothered to remake it.

Have you been in FF threads lately? Everyone is defending it and anyone who enjoys turn based is just a nostalgia fag or a grandpa

>Because KH2 is the pinnacle of FF
They are completely separate games and only have small things in common, how is KH even related to FF outside of the characters, let alone the "pinnacle"

You can't really expect a mainline game to go back to how it used to be.
Ever since X, they've been trying to find ways to break away from the old rpg ways of doing things.
Action/rpg is the future, but SE still hasn't really figured it out.

ATB is not true turn-based. It's hybrid cancer. At least action combat goes all the way and gives you full movement. ATB doesn't have any of the strengths of turn-based or action.

That's what you do in VII, except you get the added bonus feature of scrolling through a menu before pressing one button

It looks like shit just like XV's combat but turn based wouldn't make it any better.
They don't look ugly like most Western games though so who gives a shit.

There's a difference between pressing the same button to issue a wide assortment of attacks and abillities, compared to just holding down the O button like in FFXV.

An action game were you mash the same button over and over without much thinking is boring. A strategy game were you use the same button to issue different commands is not.

They'll never do turn based again, face it.
It's too slow for today's generation of babies.

Just watch Final Fantasy decrease in popularity and die from fan alienation.

2FMfags are basically Meleefags and their opinions should be ignored

There is already a turn based version, are you perhaps a retard?

Attached: 1557511225959.jpg (640x339, 27K)

You know? Fuck everyone. They should have used the FFX battle system.

Attached: fc2950c5315963b309066318698c3966cd040547.jpg (1000x1250, 175K)

Yea Forums always defends the shit out of theese types of games. Then when they come out and it turns out that, no, SE still doesn't know how to make fun ARPG combat, they suddenly go quiet.

I remember people coming up with the most retarded arguments for why XV looked good.

>Yeah combat looks meh but they drive a sports car and I love sports cars, so I'll be getting it.
>yeah fighting monsters in a tuxedo looks pretty silly, but I love tuxedos so I will be getting it.

This. Fuck ATB.

I call it the "Halo effect" personally.

>Reee I want the exact same thing again reeeee
Shut the fuck up retard

sounds autistic

Most turn based jrpgs are fucking boring. Turn based is fine when there's enough strategy to actually warrant being turn based, but mashing attack with the occasional elemental rps and healing when low isn't it

>ARPG combat

I like KH1. Simple but solid if you ask me.

Why does that mean that this game can't be?

RE2 kept the overall gameplay but improved on it greatly. This is changing the gameplay just to make it flashier for casuals.

Damn, look at that square button mashing.

You would be correct

Yet appropriate

I like kingdom hearts too, they're pretty good games.
What possible reason could you have to make a completely different game into a clone of it?

But Persona 5 was really popular.

>more kingdom kuso combat

Why do people bother anymore? Nomura is a fucking hack

P5 is popular but not Final Fantasy popular.

>turn bas-

Attached: ay_111903938.jpg (644x427, 42K)

Because FF7's combat system is sluggish shit and could use an overhaul? And everyone who played Kingdom Hearts wishes they were Vincent Cloud and not some gay kid with poofy shorts?

Imagine still enjoying outdated combat systems. Cringe

No I mean 80% of the time in FF7 you have no reason to do anything else other than mash out attack button without interacting with the game because everything can just die from attacks.

>WAAAH STOP LIKING WHAT I DONT LIKE >:(((((((
>WAAAH WAAA AHHHHHHH
>A-ADMIT
>IIIIIT!!!!

man what happened to square after ffx?

Attached: new combat.webm (438x218, 557K)

persona is popular because of romancing waifus

I'm going to triangle you user.

This doesn't even look like Kingdom Hearts, though.

Are all action JRPGS Kingdom Hearts now or something? You realize that FF12, 13 and 15 are action based, right?

>Just admit it, this looks bad. Turn based would have been better.
>Admit.
>It.

I'll wait until we get a demo that is the gameplay of the final product before I judge the combat

>Because FF7's combat system is sluggish shit and could use an overhaul?
It could be imrpoved I suppose
>And everyone who played Kingdom Hearts wishes they were Vincent Cloud and not some gay kid with poofy shorts?
lol, you can stop pretending you actually play the games you shitpost about

Looks like chunkier KH combat, so I'm okay with it. I just hope it ends up actually feeling good to play after XV feeling like Garbage. A playable demo would basically sell me on it at this point

And Final fantasy got popular while being Turn-based/ATB.

combat looked really shitty. i'll stick with the original game that doesn't include gay emo cloud

Because they never played a single Final Fantasy game before FFX and think they know the franchise

Persona is more popular than Final Fantasy at this point if you think about it.
Persona 3, 4 and 5 were critically acclaimed while FF15 was a mess.
At this rate you will see Persona and SMT completely take occupy Final Fantasy's space, and you morons will be left wondering ''durr I wonder what killed it, was it maybe the desperate attempt at distancing themselves from their origins, couldn't be hurr''

You realize that 13 and 15 are unholy abominations right? They are literally THE go-to games for "how to fuck up what used to be one of the most popular franchises of all time".
The remnants of 15 just got shot in the head too because of how shit the game is.

>You realize that FF12, 13 and 15 are action based, right?
12 is action based?

13 had okay action but it took until LR for it to get the action right.

15's "action" is laughable

>A playable demo would basically sell me on it at this point
that is the actual combat. Not like the XV demo which did not play like the final product

Attached: Hold O to Win.webm (640x360, 2.66M)

To say that the combat was a reason why it got popular is disingenuous at best

Turn based is liked by Trump supporting incels.

>13
>action

It's ATB. Heavily reworked and sped-up, but still ATB.

>People can't possibly like a video game I don't, they must be lying to themselves or there's some other reason

Bravo SE.

Turn based combat can be pure ludo if done right, otherwise it's just tedious.

Attached: lower_underrail_by_hellstern_daieqh0-pre.jpg (1235x647, 57K)

I guess you're right.

It would have been better if they stopped pretending to be turn based and just went full action though.

Turn based combat is for brainlets that are bad at video games
>But muh strategy!
No! Often times, you just pick the same commands over and over again with the occasion buff or heal, and repeat throughout the game. The only reason you're upset is that you now actually have to react to in game actions.

FF7 Remake has neither turn based nor action based combat, it has action absolutely BASED combat.

Attached: Xw8mwR0.png (55x55, 7K)

>same commands over and over

>lol, you can stop pretending

Fuck you, nigger, I played all of the KH series, including the fucking mobile games. Sora is a fucking FAGGOT.

prove that you played them

>you just pick the same commands over and over again

12 was not action combat. It was inputting basic commands and using cast bars similar to those of previous FF games, but in real time. It's closer to an MMO than an action game
And 13 was ATB.

uh...how?

Both yes and no. I didn't fall in love with FF purely because of the combat system, but I found FF7 far more enjoyable to play, gameplay-wise, than say Crisis core.

I don't understand why liking turn-based every now and then is so taboo. I love Tekken. I love DMC. But sometimes I want turn-based.
FF is a turn-based franchise (mostly). I play FF because I want FF. I don't want DMC 6 to be a Diablo-clone.

What? I love FF7, but not because the combat was fun. I like it because materia is cool, the aesthetic is nice and the characters are well designed and interesting

this comment proves that you've never touched a kh game

>Paying 60 bucks for a bastardized version of an old game
No thanks.

Not that guy but I would rather have one game where I can move around while pressing the attacking button that makes my characters do cool stuff which isn't what happened in the original game

>FF is a turn-based franchise (mostly).
FF hasn't been a turn-based franchise for most of this century, anything with the words "final fantasy" is almost guaranteed to be garbage.
It's why they make final fantasy games but then just slap on some random new name, they've just been concentrating on ruining FF's good will.

>tfw you were the bastard all along

Okay, I don't really give a fuck, though. Pretty sure I did play them, but okay, guess you know me more than I do.

>uh...how?

a camera pic of a KH save file with a timestamp.

or trophy lists

and watch as the troll goes you just stole the image from the internet

look at this faggot

FF7's combat is fucking dogshit. As long as I can still fuck around with Materia I don't give a shit if it's action based. I like FF7 for the story, characters and world, the combat fucking sucks and is boring as hell.

I'm more concerned with it being episodic. It's taking them this fucking long for Episode 1. What year is it going to be when they finish it? 2025? 2030?

I DIDN’T ASK TO BE BORN DAD

>same commands
Depends on literally every factor and is played best when blind since you get to learn how to play around mobs and your weapons rather than looking up some fag guide or build because you can't be assed to discover and learn.

obviously turn base would be better, but that doesn't allow all the COOL FAST PACED ACTION that the zoomers and newfags to the series that just want """epic""" battles

>What year is it going to be when they finish it? 2025? 2030?

Maybe 2022. This is hoping that after episode 1, they have a bunch of stuff already made so they can re-use stuff to speed up future releases

>turn based would have been better
Imagine actually thinking this

Attached: 1549956178352.jpg (970x549, 137K)

I can't believe Square Enix thinks this new action combat is easier than the previous turn based one. How simple fucking minded do you have to be not to be able to press a button, target an enemy, and press again?

World of Final Fantasy had ATB/Turn Based combat and was good. I don't know why they're so hesitant to use it still.

So an unpolished product that is probably only showing the early game is in no way indicative of the whole game, moron.

That's kind of the point of a timestamp user.
and no one's autistic enoughthat's probably a lie to go out of their way to fake that

Compared to XVs combat, he's not wrong

>Story
Literally just rping as a bunch of terrorists
>Characters
Edgleord supreme, token black mane, overtly kind-hearted live interest who spoiler alert, dies. Boohoo
>World
DUDE, PIPES, GRAY, INDUSTRY

I just wanted a 1 for 1 remake with better graphics like RE1.

>So an unpolished product that is probably only showing the early game is in no way indicative of the whole game, moron.

I'm reliving FF15 pregame Yea Forums all over again.

>they have a bunch of stuff already made so they can re-use stuff to speed up future releases

Attached: I seriously hope you Alolans don't do this.png (394x370, 228K)

>why are just letting that guy hit your guys?
>its his turn
>you have to wait your turn to hit something? That's fucking stupid

I want the original combat back.

You think it's just XV-kun posting here?

youdubber.com/index.php?video=2UWcBhdYlow&video_start=60&audio=N3472Q6kvg0&audio_start=57

>kept the overall gameplay
>went from fixed camera tank controls to over the shoulder

out of all these salty and gay comments, yours is the worst. congrats

Not him, but that was a quality of life improvement. They didn't turn it into Diablo lite.

That's true of most games in this series though, going right back to the start.

Attached: TOWER OF POWER.png (2860x2277, 1.08M)

Why do these faggots keep changing the core gameplay of a remake? Just make a new game, fags. It's also episodic so fuck the consumers.

Turn based is never better. Ever. Even if the real time system is garbage there is literally nothing more fucking boring on this planet than turned based combat. I hate you and I hope you fucking kill yourself

You wish nigga.

Yeah I've always preferred a real turn-based system over ATB
>Hurry up and input the command nigger, Im about to attack!! :^)
Fuck off

you should try crying about it on Yea Forums that'll probably affect the development

Please. This reminds me of an odd fusion of Skies of Arcadia/Wild ARMs 3, classic Final Fantasy, Secret of Mana, and Kingdom Hearts II. Is it different? Yes.

look at this stupid bitch, he doesn't even realize how bad the gameplay was from ff15

Turn based is generally outdated and ends up playing the same as an action game in terms of optimal actions and button presses. In the original VII, you can just mash attack until you come across something with physical resistance then you use magic.

>Comes into a series that (used) to be known for it's great turn-based combat
>Demands it be changed to something they like
Are you a nigger too? You seem to like going into places that aren't yours and shitting up the place and asking them to conform to your culture

>Versus combat
It could be good, think what originally 15 was suppose to be.

No one was fucking excited about the clearly on rails driving you revisionist scum

Wow. You must have hated Resident EVII. then

Nobody cares autismo. Turn based died because its trash, you lose :)

>If it was turn based it'd be the exact same thing, neevrmind all the other new things you can see from the trailer
>I'm a fucking retard
Shut the fuck up, retard.

Final Fantasy XV was infinitely worse combat-wise than Final Fantasy VIII.
Fact.

Why does any criticism of a game on a video game board trigger you so hard?

yikes

Attached: q5OL30E.jpg (250x174, 5K)

Nah I'm glad they improved the combat. Turn based is wack.

>t.shill
Nothing I say will affect it. Square Enix is too deep into the shitter to do anything smart. I'm just saying they're doing more stupid decisions.

Says the braindead nostalgiacuck in an Action RPG thread crying that it isn't changed to his dogshit hold X to win gameplay.

Attached: Hold O to win.webm (640x360, 2.29M)

He's a Tifafag.

Attached: Common Tifafag.png (286x386, 235K)

>OLD GOOD NEW BAD
>criticism
lol people like you arent even an afterthought for devs, youre literally irrelevant

People calling ffxv combat are way too cynical and misinformed. The gameplay in xv turned out the way it was because there was a conscious effort made by the director who confirmed it, that they wanted to make the gameplay as casual as possible. They opted for the instant gratifactions and the ease of gameplay as a design choice. Not saying something like that can happen for this game, but until the gameplay director makes a comment signifying such you are just straight up incorrect calling it xv combat

Actually something more like a highly polished Vagrant Story would have been better

>Hey guys we just had to kill our previous decade-long shitshow of a game that we ruined by trying to appeal to a wider audience
>What should we do now?
>Let's do it again!
I hope squeenix goes bankrupt.

>Image name "Hold O to win"
>"hold X to win"
MAKE UP YOUR FUCKING MIND!!!

Has anyone ever triggered Yea Forums harder than Colbert? He's based if you ask me just for that alone

You keep making this same lie in every thread, but RE2 remake did not keep the combat from original.

Not as much as kids, i'm afraid.

Looks fun, better than mashing buttons on a menu, ya dig

What I never understood was why /pol/ got so upset over that joke.
It was a shitty joke but he spends all of 3 seconds on it.

In japan, circle is the confirm button that would normally be associated with X in the same game released everywhere else

Tbf they kept swapping the buttons. FF8 was Hold X.

Attached: ff5 hold X to win.webm (780x540, 2.93M)

No I didn't like REVII. The last one I completed the main game was 3. RE after 3 is like FF after 10. A completely different genre shift.

C O P E
O
P
E

>Action RPG
>"changed" to hold x to win gameplay
Absolute retard.

I never said new was bad, you absolute shit sucking retard. Hell, I even like action RPGs like Diablo 2, PoE, etc. However, if they want to turn a classic RPG like FF7 into an action RPG, they shouldn't even bother remaking it. Just make a new FF game and be done with it.

All the good ones are, yeah.

Considering someone who triggered Yea Forums as based is the same as considering someone who partially wrote a choose-your-own-adventure text-only story as a game developer.

I fully agree with this. Turn based is an answer outdated tech, you dont need to "simulate" combat anymore, just make it real time.

Cope with what? I like Fall Fancy

Attached: i guess i never miss tifa.png (773x616, 592K)

Those are random mobs not bosses. Comeback when you have a webm of boss fights like that.

Remake will be the weeb version of an Uncharted 4 or God of War and that's a good thing.

>no hitstun on enemies
It like they didnt learn anything from FFXV.

Make one of those fucking lasers that always show up in threes, have high enough speed to preempt your party, but take like ten seconds each to make up their mind on who to target.

One would say Final Fantasy X itself was a genre shift, as the game went from a world-exploration title to a long hallway simulator with occasional breaks for story.

People never link bosses for XV either, numbnuts. Why do you think these were made? Cherrypicking

These people have a point. Its a fact that the old games were played by just doing and which is the same thing as except you don't have to wait 5 seconds to press the button and get a gameplay response. People are complaining about something being different when in reality its adopted. Its classic revisionism

Why are you even playing Final Fantasy if you think that's all there is to the combat? Like are you even a fan or what

Only if you are a huge lonely faggot with nothing better to do first.

It looks good but episodic means no from me.

99.9% of turnbased combat systems are pissy easy, boring as fuck, and generally just uninteresting garbage for retards blinded by nostalgia. I will absolutely take whatever gameplay changes they want to add, because it's not like it can get any MORE boring.

I adore FF7, but the actual combat has not held up even a little bit. You could lobotomize me and it'd still be snore-inducing.

Attached: Kj0QCjH.jpg (1200x1039, 152K)

Why are people pretending that every single final fantasy in the entire series doesn't have 1 button combat lol

>Turn based would have been better.
Because you say so? Stop being a fucking nostalgia faggot. FFVII was great, but the combat wasn't mindblowing in any way. It's called a remake for a reason.

>RE2 kept the overall gameplay
It changed every single thing from the original gameplay, you fucking retard. Did you somehow missed the 200 daily threads crying about OTS camera? Even the bosses play completely different from the original

>hold x to win
>hol' up ima finna boutta go use a tent real quick
what do you think this proves?

I enjoy turn-based titles. Of course, I also suffered muscle damage in my hands, so I'm physically unable to play action-heavy games.

>and generally just uninteresting garbage for retards blinded by nostalgia.
why do idiots always claim "nostalgia" as the reason people like turn-based games when there are people that still play them new today and like them?

I think an action combat would give the materia system more opportunity to show itself outside of the super broken combos. Something like Elemental-Ice in your weapon will probably be more noticeable and impactful than before. Its so random when you find an enemies elemental weakness and even bother changing your weapon type

Attached: hitsun 1.webm (1920x1080, 928K)

>I adore FF7 but I actively hated playing the game, thought it was boring, and want it to be changed
I'm sorry to say that I don't believe you.

People who are anti-turn based are typically also anti-Japanese in general.

Attached: hitstun 2.webm (1920x1080, 845K)

Nostalgia goggles is the go-to attack when idiots don't have an actual valid criticism to make. Best part is that even that falls apart when you get a single guy in the thread saying how he first played a game 10+ years after release and thought it held up well.

This, unless they do something interesting with it like Persona 5 and its stylish combat I dont really care about ditching turn based

Different user. I loved FFVII the first time through, liked it the second, and hated it the third time on. First time through everything was amazing...but after that I started to see all the bugs, horrid pacing and bad writing, wtf plot moments, and shit that just utterly broke the game because it was released unfinished. Even WITH an entire town dedicated to an optional character the game was badly unfinished.

because that is the reason for every fan bitching, otherwise they wouldn't be fans unless they played it

sorry to hear that user

This is the only case of no hitstun and who knows why exactly. The big guy could be explained as big guys don't hitstun except with abilities or magic gives you some advantage

Attached: lack of hitstun.webm (1920x1080, 1.28M)

Just play the original game then. It's FF7 Remake not FF7 Remaster.

Attached: 1557107210181.jpg (1024x770, 85K)

At least I can type with two of my fingers on each hand.

Can we go back to talking with our dicks instead of our pseudo-intellectual, wannabe game design assholes?

Attached: 1557450461854.png (1920x1080, 1.19M)

What the fuck do you not understand about "held up"? Are you really so mentally deficient that you need an entirely separate reply for me to have to explain to you that I enjoyed something as a child, but trying to play it nowadays, the combat is super boring? Did you really need me to literally spell that out? Are you THAT dumb?

I think it's pretty obvious the first enemy in that clip is blocking & dodging. Which is why no hit-stun.

It's severely disappointing that they're turning into a shitty action-slasher game. I wanted this because it's FF7. What is even the point when the gameplay is nothing like the game it's supposedly remaking?

it's kind of hard when I'm busy banging your girlfriend lmao owned

Hey hey! That's my waifu you're lusting after. That'll be 500 Gil per hour.

I'm not though. Japan is capable of producing quality action and turn based games, it's just that almost all 'turn based' fans have awful taste and really just want something where they can wail on enemies with progressively flashy and more powerful attacks while imaging they are making complex decisions, and hence 99.9% of Japanese turn based games really are garbage with no strategy.

The irony is that the same Japanese turn based 'fans' will turn around and shit on actually interesting stuff like competitive Pokemon because they are complete brainless with no understanding of the shit they claim to be 'intelligent'.

>because that is the reason for every fan bitching, otherwise they wouldn't be fans unless they played it
that's the stupidest circular logic argument I've ever heard of
>You only like it because of nostalgia!
>No I like it and played it recently
>See, nostalgia!
Did you ignore the part of my post where tons of people, without nostalgia, enjoy turn-based games?

Just play the original. It's better.

How good is the original FF7 that I should play it before this? Because I'm not that much into turn-based but I love real-time.

You can have her. I dumped her skank ass three weeks ago after she gave my crabs. Hope you enjoy the itching.

Why does it have to be an action game? There's so many great action games out on the market. Final Fantasy being action will not bring nothing new to the genre. They are alienating the core fanbase in Hope's of getting the Spiderman and GoW crowd who don't give a fuck about Final Fantasy. Who started playing Final Fantasy with xv because it was an action game? No one. The video game singularity is upon us and every game is going to strive to be some Skyrim clone. Just look at what they did to poor zelda for fucks sake. Every game is going to be Skyrim or Fortnite.

Eh FF7's biggest crime for it's era was not allowing change of equipment in battle. Breath of Fire 3 for example allowed it and it could be a huge fucking life saver, and much more satisfying than reloading a save to change gear before a fight.

Based lightningchad

LR >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> FF7

Attached: Ff13 Lr Combat Showcase 2.webm (640x360, 2.32M)

not that good unless you played it as a kid or are fucking retarded

Competitive pokemon is bad because the people who play it are some of the worst kinds of autists in the world, there's nothing wrong with it mechanically.

Attached: 1553385210321.gif (900x440, 301K)

Honestly the crisis core combat was pretty good though.

No one who's new to Final Fantasy VII and 90s JRPGs should ever touch the game.

A well thought-out answer. Thank you.

>not that good unless you played it as a kid or are fucking retarded
Really? What's not good about it?

no, i mean your next gf in advance, so you'll always have sloppy seconds lmao owned

If you liked Chrono Trigger and/or Final Fantasy XII, then give it a go. Otherwise, pass.

>How good is the original FF7 that I should play it before this?
It's a really good game, it gets the praise it got for a reason. The remake is also going to take years and years to full come out so playing the original will be more practical. Get used to the lego character models though.
>Because I'm not that much into turn-based but I love real-time.
FF7 is ATB, which is more time based than turn based.

Well the game is so briandead outside of a few spikes that it doesn't matter. Going through menus and using the cell to swap materia that is still on other characters not in your party isn't worth the hassle when you can usually spam magic or even just Attack. Vagrant Story on the other hand really needed a faster way to swap weapons.

>types a reply in present-tense
>"No no, I meant future-tense lol!"
How old are you again, mate?

Plays awful, looks awful, and is written awfully. In my opinion.

Great music though! LOVE the piano album.

Attached: 1546664909148s.jpg (249x184, 7K)

Shut it super old boomer

Has a lot of charm you can still appreciate if you care about video games in general as a medium. But the overall gameplay on its own is boring, especially at the start and into the middle of the game but is carried by everything that drives the game around the combat. I personally think the world and plot of the game is very interesting

Chrono Trigger was alright. Never beat it but I enjoyed what I played. Never played XII but it doesn't look great.
But that type of battle system in general with just going through menus I'm not into. I like moving around, jumping, dodging, etc.

>wail on enemies with progressively flashy and more powerful attacks while imaging they are making complex decisions
If a JRPG doesn't allow you to reach this kind of stage at endgame, is it even a JRPG? Fucking basic ass FF9 I'm looking at you.

>future-tense
are you an idiot? it's present. i am currently banging her. but you don't know she's your girlfriend yet. that's the only distinction.

major gameplay flaws such as characters being functionally identical and the game rewarding identical builds, Enemy Skill is the only relevant Materia for 90% of the game, piss easy difficulty, KOTR breaking the game while having a long unskippable animation

major story issues such as the completely halting the pace to zero after the Kalm flashback, and turning from steampunk with a promise of grey morals to generic fantasy shit after Midgar

LR was shit. Get outta here with that gay ass Time management shit. Save it for the Fursona babies.

>But that type of battle system in general with just going through menus I'm not into. I like moving around, jumping, dodging, etc.
It's up to you then. If the menus are too much of a barrier give it a pass. I'd say you're missing out but if you're going to find menus too much of an unpleasant experience then you wouldn't enjoy it anyway.

I would rather mash a menu than play dynasty warriors.

Well it's not that I hate it or consider it a barrier, I just think it's boring. I may give it a try for a few hours and see how it is, though.

Then play something else. Who plays FF for action? Did you by xv

I haven’t disliked a battle system by takahashi yet so I have faith.

Why does Cloud look like lightning with short blonde hair?

What’s the best version of the original?
I have the Ps1 discs but I don’t have a converter to hook up my PS2 to my monitor or tv.
Is the PS4 version fine?

>this ________ jrpg was amazing
>what did you like about it?
>the story, characters, setting, etc.
>what about the gameplay?
>lol who cares

Attached: 1546067398990.jpg (400x462, 42K)

>still episodic

My only real gripe desu. Gonna be fucking 2045 before the full game is done.

Because Lightning looks like Cloud with pink hair.

You sound like a brainlet who just wants to mash his one button and doesn't understand the concept of having strategy and tactics in an RPG
>It's boring because I have to think
Right.

Cause' Nomura is a talentless hack who's only achievement was pumping out Kingdom Farts.

I don't like the look of the action-combat system, but I will commend the dedication of the animators. Barret doing Big Shot looks just like it did in the original game. Probably among only a handful of things that will be faithfully recreated.

Just got done firing up DmC 5, huh?

>I have to think

I'm not even him, but holy fucking shit, drink the shit straight out of my asshole with a fucking straw. There is no "thinking" involved in final fantasy.

Looks fun. I'll get it day one

>looks like theres more control than FFXV or KH3
>Limits still in
>fully open areas
>control all members
>different options for attacks

Only nostalgia fags want turn-based back. It's a relic of the past. If you want the old game, it will always be there. It's a REMAKE not a remaster.

SE have the best animators of the entire industry. It's nice that they didn't fall for the motion capture meme like Capcom with DMC5 and RE2 remake.

Attached: 1482652005392.webm (800x374, 1.21M)

>Because you say so?
No, because it's better.
>Stop being a fucking nostalgia faggot
Stop being a moronic button mashing action retard first

WTF since when could you do that stuff on a chocobo?

I fully doubt they would get rid of the materia system. Its literally the main thing that seperated the game from other turn based games. Also it has part in the story so they need it just to move the plot along

It's called turn based not turn cringe.

says the ban evader

Attached: Untitled.png (1920x1030, 182K)

People forget this is an early trailer. Hence why theyre only showing the reactor mission mainly. Lots of things will change by the time the game comes out

>I fully doubt they would get rid of the materia system. Its literally the main thing that seperated the game from other turn based games.
Well it's not a turn-based game anymore so we don't have to worry about that! :)

Should have known it was him.

No but it will be the one thing that seperates it from other ARPGs now

Keep in mind that the game opens up after you leave Midgar and starts to resemble a classic FF game after that. Until then it's a lot more cyberpunk.

>cyberpunk
Steampunk, you retard.

Gotta appreciate the tribute to the original.

>cross-slash
>braver
>that Scorpion tail laser

I imagine even if the combat is sub par, it will be full of neat things to see.

Yeah I don't get this either, suddenly FF VII had bad combat though but everything else was great. Why even play the game if the gameplay is on the backburner for things you liked. video games are meant to be PLAYED

Not that user but you're fucking retarded. Nothing is steampowered in FF7. Just because there is steam in the city doesnt make it steampunk holy shit

Oh, in that case my next girlfriend, the one you are fucking currently, is HIV-positive. I, however, never fucked her and broke-up with her the moment I found out she was HIV-positive.
Enjoy your AIDS!

Not but steampunk frequently doesn't literally mean steam, it means an asethetic.

Nostalgiafag here, I just want at LEAST the same amount of magic and attacks/skills that were in the original if not more, you can make it as action based as you fucking want other than that

There is plenty of thinking, maybe try playing an FF game sometimes in your life
And no thanks, keep your gay retarded fantasies to yourself

FF6 is the closest the series got to steampunk. Midgar is closer to Blade Runner and cyberpunk than anything else in the series.

Attached: media_shinra_big.jpg (800x600, 189K)

The Witchers combat was the weakest part of that game, but I loved every minute of it. Some games are just meant to immerse yourself into. Having solid characters, story, music, settings can definitely make up for a sub par combat system

is this game multiplat right?
I can't wait to play the Xbox one X version

Let's be real. Who brought FFXV New upon release?

>sees steam
>It's steampunk!
Holy shit, off yourself and never reproduce

>There is no "thinking" involved in final fantasy.
>Person who has never played a game in the series "thinks" something about it
wew

Almost EVERYTHING uses steam, you dumb fuck. It's a difference between what HEATS the water into steam.

Look at the webm again. Theres a button prompt for command menu. Thats more than likely where the magic would be. I along with countless others would shit if they removed that kind of stuff.

Ps4 exclusive

PS exclusive since day one. Though I would imagine theyd eventually port it to other consoleslike Switch

*timed exclusive

i think kh combat is basically the action version ff combat

>Midgar is closer to Blade Runner and cyberpunk than anything else in the series.

Attached: 1553393231681.png (334x393, 265K)

Attached: no.png (295x214, 80K)

I did.

Loved it for all of a month, then I never touched it again. Pretty disappointing

Xbox first for the best console and then PC for the ultimate edition

There are more commands in a customizable shortcut menu like in Kingdom Hearts. Stop worrying. You'll be able to fill this up with materia.

Attached: ff7.png (1829x953, 1.49M)

does anyone who isn't a zoomer give a shit about this game?
everyone i know who loved the original ff7 knew from day 1 it was gonna be modern final fantasy 3D mashing shit wikth the rpg element being you sitting in a menu for a million hours customizing the party AI to play the game for you. just like in 12, 13 and 15
game is a punchline to me and my friends even more so now

Look at this and tell me steampunk is the first thing that comes to mind.

Attached: Midgar_Reactor_Entrance_FFVII_Sketch.jpg (828x623, 441K)

>that Cloud downgrade
Fujoshits win again

Attached: 1556325679393.png (2325x984, 1.86M)

Take your bad opinion and pls go.

If there's not a separate Cloud model in episode 2 and another new one in episode 3 this remake is fucking ruined

What the fuck is wrong with your shriveled up raisin brain. Its a cyberpunk atmosphere based in a big sprawling city where sometimes steam happens to come out of. Everything runs on Mako, not steam. Its all futuristic in Midgar. Almost the complete opposite of any media that generalized as steampunk. Where do you dipshitters come from?

Midgar is literally based on Blade Runner, dumbfuck.

>8 slots total holds all items, spells, and abilities in the game
nothing to worry about, for sure. enemy materia alone had over 8 things

Dude I just really don't trust SE anymore, I wouldn't be shocked to find we only get one spell of each element and some summons.

Youre arguing with braindead Neanderthals my dude. These guys dont know what Steampunk is, they just saw steam and wanted to be obvious contrarians and started using words they dont understand.

This.

Its pretty blatant if you played the and saw the movie.

There's also a main command menu you open by pressing O, retard. Why do I have to keep telling you things that are literally in the 1 minute trailer?

Fair. I couldnt believe how bad the magic system was in XV. I'm just hoping honestly. It could be amazing if they just do what there supposed to

It's dieselpunk, if you want to be a pedant about it

that screenshot is the command menu

You can actually see green materia in the Busterswords' materiaslots at around 0:38.

They might as well argue that real life is steampunk since that's what our power plants use to generate electricity.

that's the shortcut menu

you don't like opening a menu in real time to try and rearrange your shortcut menu as quickly as possible while mobs continue to beat on you only to find that when you close the menu you accidentally assigned your magic to the wrong key in your haste so you die?
what a satisfying game over screen that will be. makes me feel like im playing a well designed challenging game made by a dev with a real focus on gameplay

Since you havent played the original, you should play it before making this thread. Turn-based combat was mediocre. It was average. It wasnt that engaging. It had an arbitrary function. ff7 is not the overrated game it is because of is fucking turn-based combat you dumb fuck.

The "wait" ATB option was disabled by default in the original FFVII too.

you poor fool. imagine still having blinding optimism for FF after all that's happened in the last 10 years

Instead we get mediocre action gameplay with no sense of weight and no hitstun. Absolutely riveting

I guess it looks like over the top crisis core?
I loved crisis core.

Is this going to be another hold circle to win thing?

Sure. Why would I mindlessly tap a button while on a timeframe when I can mindlessly tap a button while not on a timeframe?

Pure turn-based is garbage unless there's a grid of spaces in a tactics-style game. ATB is still trash, but pure turn-based is a step backwards. I can't think of a single reason for a turn based combat system that doesn't involve nostalgia pandering, which is holding everything back in the industry today.

>Is this going to be another meme that can be cherrypicked to fit any FF game?

Attached: FF1holdXtowin.webm (478x272, 2.66M)

>Turn-based combat was mediocre. It was average. It wasn't that engaging.
Nah, it was pretty good, engaging if you had functioning bran cells. Replacing it with 'press one button repeatedly til thing dies' isn't better, it's significantly worse. Dumb fuck.

I think most people would be OK with it if they included an option that stops or at least slows time when using the command menue.

>Turn based would have been better.
People have been saying that since the original FF7.
And they're still right. Temple of Elemental Evil still trumps every Tom, Dick and Susan coming out on the market with some ATP or RTwP monstrosity on the market.

ITS NOT FUCKING TURN BASED AT LEAST USE THE FUCKING TERM RIGHT
ITS ATB
A
T
B

ALSO, YOU CAN LIKE ATB AND ACTION GAMES, IT DOESNT HAVE TO ONE OR THE OTHER

FUCKIJNG MANCHILDREN NIGGERS KEKS, KYS LITERALLY KYS

>Nah, it was pretty good, engaging if you had functioning bran cells. Replacing it with 'press one button repeatedly til thing dies' isn't better, it's significantly worse. Dumb fuck.
>Implying you didn't just hold the O-Button 90% of the time with the occassional All-Spells or heals.

KH3 already has that option. youtube.com/watch?v=sbBY9aaGzNI

It's basically a crutch for casuals but it's a harmless inclusion I guess. Some boomers might need it.

Don't use FFXV as an example, that games combat was trash and the animations for Noctis really worked against him in combat since they were overly long for no reason.

That's what worries me, seeing how quick SE were to squander the potential FFXV had plus I'd always told myself a FF7 remake would only happen when SE truly need the money. Guess we'll find out.
I don't see that at all in the trailer

look at this guy. he likes running around in a 3D box using 1 sword attack while the game auto wins for him like in literally every other jrpg that comes out today that isn't turn based. can't think of a single one that does action well. star ocean, tales, final fucking fantasy 15, they even ruined ar tonelico with it. all utter shit
if this is more of that i'll happily be keeping my money

I didn't because I wasn't an autist obsessed with the most efficient minmax solution to every scenario.

The full menu will be unworkable in real-time combat. I expect the game will enable you to map common commands to the shortcut menu, but the game isn't going to slow down for you to hunt and peck through four dozen black magics.

If that's all you did then what did you enjoy about the game? Did you even play it nigga

That might be true if you're 8 years old and you thought the concept of reading was engaging, but there is absolutely nothing engaging about turn based combat unless you're brain isn't fully developed. It's absurdly trivial to optimize it, and you look like a fucking idiot singing it's praises like you think intelligence is required to navigate that shit.

It's a turn based RPG you blithering idiot.

Fucking christ I hate these faggots so much.

Except no one used "four dozen black magics" in the original game in the first place. There is no reason to use Blizzard after you get Blizzara/ga and ditto for every elemental magic, no reason to use any summon after getting KotR, etc. If anything the remake should cut down on the ability bloat and have a more focused tight moveset.

While I agree that FF1 does fit the mold, it's still a cherrypicked example you've got there what with all the party being level 99 and taking next to no damage from Chaos. A tower of power at more reasonable levels feels the struggle a lot more.

Attached: 1434637599325.jpg (400x600, 183K)

get good retard. KH's does the same shit and yes you can access it mid-fight

That and/or ATB but with characters lined up to fight to. I wouldn't have wanted to see this done in some sort of pseudo action way like XIII.

>battle system is time based as in active time battle
>"turn based RPG"
No

>implying intelligence or ANYTHING AT ALL is required to navigate "action RPGs"
>implying the AI doesn't automatically win every fight for you once you optimize it
>implying games are engaging

Turn based combat has as much place in current gaming world as the fucking oscilloscope.
Fuck anybody that spends and spent money on that abortion of a genre and helping it still exist today.

Did you forget how bad the first trailer looked?

Active Time Battle is the flow of battle.
you still have to wait for your turn you autistic rube.

Attached: ku-medium.png (320x239, 115K)

>no one used it
>they should get rid of it
Yeah, why not just use two hot-button commands for everything? People loved that in FFXV.

Yep, FFXV was my last attempt at giving a fuck at Square shit storytelling and abysmall gameplay.

All they had to do was give it turn base combat, but they are so fucking autistic-level retarded they don't actually want money.

I'm done with square.

I don't know what part of turn based you find so intellectually stimulating, but you clearly have a learning disability that prevents you from seeing how simple it is.

>KotR
When you can literally git gud and Cait Sith Game Over every time or Hero Potion buff up and mimic'd Omnislash/Catastrophe

Has there ever been an RPG that was turn based but forced both the player and enemy to attack after a certain time span? Like it would be ATB but say you got 20 seconds to input a command and if you don't you simply lose the turn instead.

It looks like and plays like FFXV and this is a joke that has gone for too long.

XIII was horrible, they made three fucking games. XV is a dog shit, they are now making FFVII on its engine using the same slow as molasses combat.

There are multiple mass shootings across schools in the US, I just wish a single one of them happened at SE headquarters.

What else did you do before you started gaining the interesting passive/skill/support materia? Physical Attack, All-Magic, heal, maybe steal/analysis (forgot when they first appear). Only around Shinra HQ you even become ABLE to do anything besides the basics I just mentioned. Keep in mind that this trailer only covered these sections that were pretty "basic" in the original too.

And if you accidently get overleveled even just once, then the game just feels super easy and there is nothing you can do about it.

you're retarded

Do you even Chess?

>The last good game to have "final fantasy" in its title came out 13 years ago
squeenix should have never happened

You "turn" doesn't wait for you though, unless you smurf by using an option that's disabled by default.

Not implying any of that shit, but the inclusion of time management immediately makes action RPG's infinitely more complex and challenging than any turn-based JRPG that has ever existed. The biggest challenge turn-based has ever provided is literacy.

Sure there is. It's strategy, it takes thinking. You select your options based on the situation and what is going on in the battle, you use your abilities to compliment your other party members, you methodically pick what option would be the smartest to use at the time. If you're trying to argue you just sit there pressing one button you didn't play FF VII, or any of turn based FF for that matter. It becomes obvious, because asserting that is a blatant fucking lie.

Relatively sure the only "8 year old" here is you. You have to be 18 to post here. And having a functioning brain doesn't hurt either.

Attached: 1546640017172.jpg (616x353, 28K)

why does choosing an action trigger people so much. is running around pressing the same button to swing a sword really fun for you?
most of these games just come down to spamming a static dodge animation and attacking with the same basic "combos"
i use the word combo extremely loosely because its really just pressing square 4 times
people who enjoy that must have a learning disability amirite

At best its unclear. One shot says circle for the command menu, another has a shot with a shortcut menu. Does l1 bring up the shortcut menu or does l1 navigate between shortcut menu 1 and 2? KH does it with the d pad would this game do the same thing? If so, then L1 would denote the menu you're on an suggest that circle brings up something else since l2 and r2 would change between characters. There could very well be the standard menu, a commands menu and a shortcuts menu

this is just objectively false. tactical games have been superior to reflex shit forever. can't expect zoomers to understand that though i guess

It's turn based, you sperglord cap locking nigger.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAHHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAAAHAHAHHAAHHAAHAH NO ONE WILL FUCKING ADDRESS THIS POST

FUCKING HOLD A BUTTON TO PLAY THE GAME

OHHANHAHAHAHAHA FUCKING SHIT THE FUCKING STATE OF GEN Z GAMES

It's actually mind boggling that they haven't gone back to turn based since everyone has been clamoring for them to do so. The only dissenters to this is KH players who want something to fill the void in between releases.

You're a fucking retard. That's tactics, and there are no tactics without a movement grid.

Attached: 1504333138878.jpg (2762x849, 244K)

>spamming KotR
Takes too long and chews through too much MP.

Actually there is. If you only have enough MP for a -ra magic the enemy is weak against, but not the -ga version anymore despite already being able to use the -ga version if there was enough MP. So if you removed the earlier version, you'd be denying the possible final attack that might decide the battle.

Yea, quite specific and I wouldn't mind being able to "hide" options or have a favorites menue or something, but still the older spell versions should be available.

Lost Odyssey didn't had Final Fantasy in its title.

Because you have to think before selecting an option.
Oh, you're probably ANOTHER moron who thinks you just use the same attack over and over and over. Another moron who hasn't touched FF VII in their life

Doesn't make it any less shit

I already stated that a tactical grid is entirely separate from standard turn-taking. If there's no fucking grid, then the inclusion of an action-oriented system is automatically superior.

Turn-based would've been better, but only pure turn-based like FFX's CTB. ATB is boring, CTB is more strategic especially in challenge runs where manipulating turn order is crucial, then it becomes like a chess match.

>No tactics without a movement grid
So you're saying there's no tactics involved when there's skills that can delay/accelerate movement order in battle? You absolute spastic.

Was it even possible to get a game over screen in xv?

There is nothing to admit because the game isn't going to be turn based. Its action based combat and if you don't like it, don't buy it.

Attached: 1557457083201.png (390x406, 142K)

It doesnt, people are pointing out hypocrisy because choosing an action in real time like its been shown is really no different than choosing an action in atb and other turnbased FF's that aren't 10 just without the need to wait 5 seconds to do a non intuitive action. FF games you wait a bunch of time just to make your character do that one attack animation. Now you don't have to wait to do it. Its really not that different

Fuck off redditor

Nah, it's fine.

If it's turn based then explain how I can die by inaction while it's my "turn"? Enemies don't wait for you to attack before they attack again. That's not turn based. If I move a chess piece every 5 seconds and my opponent moves on every 6 seconds are we taking turns?

i'm in a thread for a game on a console i dont even own
but i'm always up for shitting on low attention span babies who hate on my favorite rpgs

It doesn't look promising but I can't say it looks bad without understanding more about how it works. It probably would have just been simpler to keep the turn-based system. Square's insistence on real-time action combat because they think turn-based games are outdated or wouldn't fit with the realistic style is just ridiculous when turn-based RPGs are still alive and well.

If it was another company it might be worth seeing if it works out, but since it's Square, even the slightest deviation from the source material will most likely end up being a huge fuck-up. Honestly the combat is the least of this game's worries.

I would be ok with it being action based, but it's action based on FF XV.

Turn base is garbage only old shits like, you are irrelevant.
To comprehend what I mean imagine people who grew up with those text adventure games, they would say that turn based sucks dick.

No you fucking don't. There is nothing about it that requires critical thought.

lightning returns was good,fuck off with that shit opinion, nigga

Picking an option requires thought. You've never played FF VII, kind fuck off.

Was the music in the trailer a redone version of "Hurry"? Reminded me of the one from ffx
youtube.com/watch?v=4IcP_E7ik7Y

>lightning returns was good

Ok? Then don't buy it. It's not like they are going to change the game just for you. What is the point of constantly whining about it?

Can someone explain to me how some of these battles are going to work with action combat such as Emerald weapon and Ultimate weapon?

>inb4 they get retconned

There really isn't. If that's what you consider "tactical", then I'm genuinely curious if you've even made it past high school.

There are more stimulating decisions in a game of Monopoly than the average turn-based JRPG, let alone Chess.

t. has never played a turn based RPG

That's a bit misleading. Of course the start/tutorial is going to feature less options available to you.
>And if you accidently get overleveled even just once, then the game just feels super easy and there is nothing you can do about it.
You can use the party members you neglected who aren't overleveled and who encourage different approaches to situations.

I grew up playing MUDs and I still like turn-based combat. Fuck off, retard.

Ahem
>The comedy or the lighthearted parts -- I like those. I don't want to change it that much. But we can't have these upgraded, beautiful 3D models of Cloud and Barrett, still lining up in a row, jumping forward to attack an enemy, then jumping back to wait for their next turn. That would be bizarre.
Get fucked

Probably section by section with background shit going on. Better not be fucking QTE that's for sure.

maybe like a monster hunter boss
you dodge all their tells and whittle down their HP for 45 minutes?

It's all becoming clear to me. Turn-based jrpg fags think that elemental rps and healing when low requires 300+ IQ. It all makes sense now

Attached: 1533189510397.png (672x352, 34K)

Or maybe people who like are just not the types that are jittery twitchy action retard who needs to constantly be mashing a button to have enjoyment in a game

Circle to open menu. 8 Shortcuts you've assigned. L1/R1 swap between two pages with 4 shortcuts each.

Maybe it will sometimes turn into an ATB

>I would be ok with it being action based, but it's action based on FF XV
Wouldn't it be more likely to be like Dissidia or a KH game though? Remember that Tabata is not the boss for FFVIIR, and Tabata really was the root of all evil overall for FFXV.

or maybe they just enjoy playing pokemon despite you frothing at the mouth shrieking "retard" at them

This is why the game should have retained its original combat system. This remake is going to ruin plenty of things.

No it wasn't. In fact it's worst than the FF vii remake because instead of going for the GoW crowd they went for the fursona crowd with that one. XIII ended perfectly and should have only been one game. But Nomura just couldn't keep his dick out of the waifu pot.

Except that the optimal options aren't difficult to navigate through. I had that shit on muscle memory for every game I played with the sole purpose of getting through encounters faster. Obtaining more items/skills gave me a couple encounters of getting used to however I set up my menus, but the end result was the same. I built an optimal navigation path, and input it as quickly and accurately as possible.

Of you want to tell yourself that I didn't knock down JRPG's throughout middle school like most of it's fans, by all means, go ahead. We already know your brain is only capable of so few solutions per minute anyway.

Maybe some of us would like to watch what fucking happens instead of having to think and stress every 3 seconds until an anxiety attack.

Attached: maxresdefault-3.jpg (1280x720, 47K)

>thematic fight
>holds X so much he has to stop holding X to use a tent to heal
>level 99 party steamrolling the final boss no matter what attacks they would've chosen

Okay retard, say you have 3 enemies about to hit you consecutively but you have to choice to attack and maybe kill one, a choice to definitely slow all of them knocking two of them far back in action order than you can get two attacks in or stopping one completely, if that isn't a tactical choice what is it?

>all these buttblasted fedoralords itt:
name 5 turn-based games that sold surprisingly well this generation.THATS RIGHT U CANT NIGGERS turn based was always placebo tier that alaways undersells or never makes its profit this day and age.

Attached: 1531764554753.jpg (878x814, 63K)

These are the same people who claim FF12 plays itself when it's literally ATB but you make all the "decisions" ahead of time. They believe if they aren't traversing menus to make the obvious choices, they aren't playing a game.

>never makes its profit
This is Yea Forums you Jew

>threads of militant shitposting and hype for Smash DLC and Zelda fanwanking typical to reach 300+ replies are dying down
>threads of 300+ posts of adamant derision and sometimes a downright agenda toward some adolescence and Red Bull-fueled, market stinting, boycotting pipe dream countermeasure against the FFVII remake on the uprise

really tickles your butter brickle

Attached: 1553992441137.jpg (697x697, 115K)

it looks great and fuck turn based

Fucking retards.

There's a full command menu you bring up by pressing O, and a shortcut menu you bring up with L1. There is no second shortcut menu, that's the half full limit break meter you think is a tab indicator.

Oh, and navigating a full menu in real time has worked perfectly fine in Kingdom Hearts for two decades, and that's a series with much faster paced gameplay than this. Anything you need instant access to goes on a shortcut.

The only time ATB actually made things more interesting was Chrono Trigger.

it might be fine if it was a completely new game, but they're doing a "remake" while changing the entire core of the gameplay. Plus it's still episodic

If they wanted to modernize it they could just as easily have it be turn-based without random encounters like DQXI. How the fuck is action-based combat going to work for Cait Sith, or Sephiroth's final form? They have to go to a ton of effort to try and rework the entire game around a new gameplay style when they could just as easily keep shit almost exactly the same with better graphics and save time and money.

They also have a hard time making cloud not look like his advent children design when even Dissidia NT and FUCKING SMASH BROS managed to make cloud actually look like cloud.

That has nothing to do with critical thought and more with how the scenario plays out. He says it would be bizarre, not that turn based sux.

Zoomer normies would never play turn base games

they like whatever the fuck they want. Just don't claim that it takes some type of high level of thinking

Attached: 1554163693253.jpg (125x121, 3K)

Why did you say that and then post a level that revolves around abusing the AI to win rather than being smart?

There are good and bad turn-based.
There are good and bad action-based.
There are good and bad hybrids.

Type is just that: type. It's not inherently good or bad. The actual quality is what matters unless you are a normalfag or a nostalgiafag.

That AW1 mission does require 300+ IQ though plus max luck.

Just keep digging that grave?

>jittery twitchy action retard who needs to constantly be mashing a button to have enjoyment in a game
>needing to actually be present and engaged is now being a jittery, twitchy retard
>being able to play the game whilst simultaneously filing your taxes is a true "gamer"
This ain't it, Chief

>Because you have to think before selecting an option.

You don't though, unless your idea of 'thinking' is basic optimization like "use elemental attacks against enemies weak against them", "make a character dedicated to healing and put them in the back row", "select a different attack if you can kill something without wasting as much MP" etc.

You kind of people are generally completely ignorant of the thought that goes into something like playing an FPS or fighting game in which navigating a map, controlling space and resources, learning to read your opponents' intentions based on the options you conjecture they have and coming up with means of countering your opponents attempts to restrict you, all on the fly, are the bread an butter of the games. You people generally don't think about this kind of stuff and so resort to JRPGs where you're stuck on a line because that's all you can handle mentally, and are otherwise ignorant to the brain power needed to properly play action games.

>Except that the optimal options aren't difficult to navigate through.
It's not about navigating the fucking menu that takes thinking it's the thought of "Do I want to use X , Y or Z option, what is the smartest for this particular battle?"

>I built an optimal navigation path, and input it as quickly and accurately as possible.
I mean I guess you loved the story of those games or something, since obviously you didn't give a flying fuck about the gameplay

>Of you want to tell yourself that I didn't knock down JRPG's throughout middle school like most of it's fans, by all means, go ahead.
I didn't say you have to be a mature adult with a phd to be able to play through a turn base JRPG, genius, I just said it takes thought. Which it does.

You are extremely retarded.

So not only boomers are pretending that Cloud didn't always look like a fag, they're also pretending FF7's combat was fun and engaging.
Man, nostalgia is one hell of a drug.

Attached: 2103F6E0-7F9B-443F-9BFE-4FB7A653A3C9.jpg (504x608, 29K)

Because even babby's first strategy game takes more thought than any FF game and I like AW

Attached: 1541683612019.png (960x824, 99K)

So, every game should be a sandbox adventure,sports or fps by that logic.

The best thing about FFVII's combat from an interface perspective (as in besides materia loadout, which will be the real crime to see get downplayed) was always cranking the ATB speed up to max and cranking in your commands in as proficient but twitch-quick a manner as possible. The only difference I see here is being able to move around.

This.

>He says it would be bizarre, not that turn based sux.
His comment of having lovingly rendered character models held back by the limitations of a turned based system is basically saying that turn based sucks.

>needing to actually be present and engaged
>You're literally hitting one button repeatedly until thing in front of your dies. Amazing, so present and engaging
>being able to play the game whilst simultaneously filing your taxes is a true "gamer"
Being able to have conscious thought and thinking beyond 'mash one button' is a true sign of an actual good JRPG
>This ain't it, Chief
Go back to twitter/tumblr and stay there.

i'm not even really complaining. just saw OP and agreed with the sentiment. would be more fun with classic atb imo

This. The freedom of being able to customize the skillset of any character besides weapon-type, stat-development and Limit Breaks, is something very unusual, since usually there are restrictions to certain characters in terms of the abilities they can learn. But here anything covered by materia has complete customization.
The combat itself doesn't have all that much to do with it.

Two choices that you tried to disguise as three (because you're an idiot), both of which depends on raw numbers and status effects. You make a decision based on what you know you can do, and complete the encounter. If you're strong, just do damage until it's dead. If it's not, buy turns by spending turns. Shit isn't fucking rocket science.

>needing brain power to press square repeatedly
Sure thing buddy, you're a genius.

>phoneposter
why are you pretending your opinion matters more than anyone else's?

>>You're literally hitting one button repeatedly until thing in front of your dies.

The only reason to ever have ATB is if positioning is a Thing in your game. In FF7 it was just turn-based for ADHD children.

>>>>>Persona 5

>dodges the question
as expected

Attached: 1545215088492.jpg (162x138, 7K)

wait XV-kun is shilling this game?
even though his archenemy Tetsuya Nomura is working on it?

>Turnbased nostalgia drones getting BTFO and seething like spergs

Kino thread.

Attached: feels good.png (1280x844, 575K)

>basically saying that turn based sucks.
But he's not, you're just interpreting his words that way. There's nothing to take from that statement that gives any idea on his opinion of turn based, other than that they're inappropriate for the new models. You took it one way, I took it another. Unless we ask him and find out we can't prove it either way.

>or maybe they just enjoy playing Pokemon

Pokemon is legit one of the highest IQ RPGs though. There's no "heal when HP low" gameplay loop for one, and this is one of the many reasons it has superior gameplay to most other turn based games.

I just want HD cutscene battles with cloud and sephiroth, if it has that, I'm happy.

FF VII is a turn based JRPG. It should stay that way. Go away

meanwhile ffVII combat was also a smash A fest

but let's not talk about that

Then why doesn't every dating sim sell 1mil copies?

It looks pretty good.

Attached: 1253382756489.png (357x430, 10K)

XV-kun has been shilling the idea that it's good because it looks "nothing like KH" when it's KH systems like command menu and shortcut menu are literally visible in the trailer.

That's an incredibly simple function of your damage output versus theirs. The only reason that'd be in any way difficult is because JRPGs like to obfuscate your choices with large numbers, hidden formulas, and die rolls ultimately limiting your ability to make a choice to "what feels correct" rather than any sort of planning.

Mmm

>unless your idea of thinking is thinking.
Whats your IQ?

To be honest most of the kids who hated turn based game while I was growing up tried them but gave up because they didn't understand how they worked(leveling up,buying better equips,abilities, and resting at inns). I think that's why pokemon is so popular because they removed/simplfied alot of these elements from its games.

If you're retarded sure

>Thinks -maybe- kill is equivalent to definitely stop
>Talking aboot rocket science when question is whether choice is tactical or not, not the difficulty
>Thinks tactics require a movement grid but does not consider position in time to be remotely analogous to a movement grid
Yep, you're a retard.

funny you should say that since outside of the hidden stat leveling i always though pokemon was one of the dumbest. best idea they ever had was introducing those rotation battles to add a TINY bit of complexity but 1v1 battles have always been purely a rock paper scissor thing

It sounded more like "Hurry Faster" to me, most memorable from the coliseum.

youtube.com/watch?v=NCgbeHb5nk8

If I wanted to play a good turned based FF, I'd play X

I wouldn't want to play 10's system in 7 though

>if it's turn-based/ATB then all of the characters have to line up in a row

play Chrono Trigger or Grandia sometime you dumb nigger. Why do you dipshits who have never played a JRPG even care about FF?

> X, Y, Z Options
Are not difficult to build paths for.

> Gameplay
Optimizing the paths was my gameplay because it was different.

> It takes thought
It fucking doesn't, though. You don't think about waking up, taking a shower, eating breakfast, brushing your teeth and other parts of your daily routine. You maybhave had to think about it once, but that was it. Only once. The argument that turn-based is somehow more engaging than action is fucking ridiculous.

It isn't. It's ATB. If the gauge fills up, the game, by default, doesn't wait for you. The only way to make it virtually Turn-Based is via enabling the "wait" option and then smurf by abusing the sub-menues that freeze the ATB gauges.

FFX had the best turn-based combat. Fuck ATB's.

Those are a significant portion of time spent in those games, besides just walking with nothing going on besides good music. You probably spend hours upon hours fighting random mobs and maybe a 1-2 hours total on bosses in most JRPGs.

There are almost 300 total typings in Pokemon, what kind of RPS are you playing?

FF7 is ass to begin with.

it's a popular topic on social media right now, therefore they are COMPELLED to care
kind of like your average game of thrones fan. you think they know shit about fantasy books?

Was just about to post this

X was the only one to feel like an adventure everyone was apart of too, it was genius design. Being able to swap people out, melee characters cant hit flying units, flans being very common so you need Lulu or teach others magic.

Because remake is going to give me action based combat. Stay seething, faggot

Because it isn't, and you're splitting hairs to make it seem like it is. It's two choices, it's always two choices. You can dress it up with whatever stupid horseshit you want, but it's always the same two choices. There is nothing tactical about it.

>if that isn't a tactical choice what is it?

You've basically revealed that you have no idea of what tactical decision making even is and confuse it for shallow min-max trees with either a simple definite solution, or too many unknown variables for your decision to be intelligent.

The flaw in that was that your whole party didn't get exp, only the ones who did some action during the fight. That made it so you wanted to rotate everyone in to defend once before killing the enemies

I'm sure this is what it actually was, and that the Hurry from X came from this one. Thanks

FFX had a great LOTR fellowship vibe to it too, man I love that game.

>why are you pretending your opinion matters more than anyone else's?
How did you even get that from my post? Playing turn-based games really rots your brain.

>punisher

you put out a counter type and one shot
unless youre playing against an asshole then he switches his guy
then you switch your guy
and this keeps repeating and the battle lasts a million years. but was it really strategic?

reminds me of my 6 mewtwo vs 6 mewtwo link cable battles way back when

I sincerely hope XV-kun likes this game, solely because it means better threads with less derailment by his autism.

Unless the game turns out to be shit, in which case I sincerely hope he hates it, for the same reason.

FF VII is an ATB JRPG. It should stay that way. Go away.

phone filename,nigger

Attached: Untitled2.jpg (9999x9999, 1.55M)

Let me just tell you right away: You have absolutely no clue what competitive Pokemon is like.

If they actually go through with the shitty FF15 combat I'm just going to watch someone else play the game

That was only if you want to minmax, the game didn't force party break ups really so the biggest hurdle is Khimari's solo fight that most people likely got stuck on

Do give an example of a tactical choice then samefag, and if you're going to be that much of a faggot about it, if you veer into the realm of strategic decision making instead of tactical choice then the crown of retard will still rest heavily on your brow.

which is fine because we're talking about single player turn based rpgs
as long as i know how to beat the elite four i'm qualified to take part in this discussion

>if you have a phone filename, that means you're acting like your opinion matters than anybody else
Yep, it really rots your brain.

fpbp as always.

Sure but if your party is always together it doesn't make much sense that only 3 people are fighting at once. Also you never know if you need someone leveled up like Khimari so that makes it even worse

sorry but you have to beat the battle frontier to be part of the discussion

Attached: 1538232708520.jpg (800x640, 161K)

That's fair, Pokemon is a brainlet game in single player without a doubt, even compared to FF7. But on the competitive field it has far, far more depth than any single player game. It's no longer a game about rock paper scissors or stuff like that though, it's mostly a meta game about outsmarting your opponent in "I-know-you-know-I-know" battles of wits.

>pressing buttons
It's like you people don't like playing video games

>wow boomers are being shit! i'm totally not pretending to be better by saying this so

Why "should" it? The actual good thing about FFVII was its high freedom of skillset customization compared to the rest of the games at the time. The combat itself wasn't all that engaging, but having the right equipment with the right slots and the right materia inserted is what makes the difference most of the time, since materia affects in-combat stats too. IIRC Kitase or Nomura said that they want to keep the customization a few years ago, so if that didn't change then it might be quite good.

>Why "should" it?
If it ain't broke

>I'm totally right and I'm not projecting at all!
Just stop dude. You're embarassing yourself.

It is "broke" for modern standards though. Screen Transititions are considered absolutely unacceptable for more recent games. And having the characters line up would look stupid as hell with modern graphics. Also random encounters are likewise "broke", since they do nothing but annoy, escpcially if you grind and need to hear the beginning parts of the battle theme over and over again. I mean the theme is great and all, but there are some Limits that shouldn't be Broken.

>modern standards
Modern games are shit
There's no reason to make a FF7 remake if you are just going to change everything

Nah, it looks alright. FFXV's biggest issue was how floaty the combat felt due to the fact that it was built around the idea of holding down a button to go through a sequence of attack animations, but this looks like it involves each button press having a cause and effect, like how action games should play. The camera is tight and almost constantly facing the player character's rear, so there's no "cinematic" emphasis on the fighting, and so instead concentrates on the player's intent and timing behind the inputs to guide the flow of battle.

Turn based would have been comfortable for me, but this doesn't look bad, either. When they made it clear they were going for a more action-oriented approach, that webm is what I was hoping the combat would look like, so I'm a happy camper. All I have to see how is the materia system and magic, which I'm guessing is tied to the Commands menu.

All in all, I'm digging it so far.

Attached: Aeris.jpg (739x900, 99K)

Yes, once I saw the combat I was out.

mind explaining what's the point of your first post then?

>There's no reason to make a FF7 remake
Not him, fixed this for you. FF7 still exists. I'm happier when actually new games come out rather than old games with a new coat of paint. Maybe Nu-FF7 would be better as a turn-based game, but it sure as hell would be worse for people who cared about gameplay more than graphics if they changed nothing.

will it have wait meters to execute a command?

I like turn based, but I also liked 15, even if it was a bit chaotic. It’s not the big part of 7 for me, though, that’s the story. I wonder how much will carry over in the remake. Do you think the snowboarding will be in?

Attached: 813BB0F5-C51F-4423-9414-DD724B03E4AB.jpg (269x187, 7K)

The "old" isn't neccessarily better than the "new" though. That's just nostalgia glasses speaking, most of the time. And it's not like they changed "everything". Materia is still there. you can see it in the Bustersword materiaslots around 0:38 or so. Probably too small for phoneposters to see though.

Wooow you sure showed me with your made up situation
Shut the fuck up retard

>made up situation
>I literally didn't watch the fucking trailer at all, I'm retarded as fuck
Shut the fuck up, retard

they added the silly monster designs in the new trailer so i'm hopeful the mini-games will be there. surely the motorcycle chase won't be a cutscene

Yeah it’s called Final Fantasy VII, retard.

If it plays and feels like KH, it will be fine. FFXV's combat was an abomination but it was the result of weird changes to simplify it.

>webm
fake and gay
youtube.com/watch?v=P_UlPln-SSM

Attached: cloud vs rufus.jpg (639x283, 30K)

Is FF just going to become KH gameplay wise now?