So, why did the PSVita fail?

So, why did the PSVita fail?

Attached: file.png (550x367, 364K)

expensive proprietary memory cards

nogaems

They launched it to fucking die, where was the support?
It's a struggle to even get a new one in the UK, and there's little reason to even buy one considering even the weebiest niche releases go to PC or PS4

This, which led to

Portable console with indies and weeb shit. Talking about the Switch btw.

Price gouging and lack of games

This. It's why I didn't buy it. Sony's so fucking retarded, they're going to go through what Xbox went through this last cycle.

>fail
For me the Vita is excellent.

fpbp. That and they made homebrewing way harder. the OG PSP was THE best modifiable handheld console and the vita shit the bed completely afterwards

no ape escape 4

That's why this board hates sony my friend.
The switch is shit but it is selling well, ps vita didn't however, stay on focus and try to not deflect to nintendo or xbox

Attached: 1556818711287.jpg (650x487, 173K)

should i get a psp or hack a vita to play psp games

If you have an Android smartphone get PPSSPP Gold and torrent any psp game you want

Sony gave up on putting energy in the project already in the first years, kinda like Microsoft did with the Xbox one

In my theory the vita had it's own dedicated department on Sony's inc that had very low investment, little employees and a lot of scrapped projects that on one in the upper chairs paid attention to, over the years Sony was doing actually pretty well so they just didn't cared and foccused on their other lines and properties

/thread

Sony handled it terribly. With proper support, games and advertising they could have billed it as a direct competitor to the Switch with it's functionality.

fuck that. i rather original hardware and touchscreen controls are dog shit

Nobody said you had to use the touch controls, dumb niggie.

Sony was its worst enemy, from the memory cards to removing multi-account support to the quickly dropped first party support to the disastrously mixed marketing messages, Sony basically made shoe on head tier decisions with it and then refused to take any real responsibility for them. Smaller third parties loved the thing but that's not enough to counter the seeming hate boner its own creator had for it and it never gained a strong foothold in the market for it.

Despite what I just said, they did try to support Vita in its first few years. You were seeing early efforts like Uncharted Golden Abyss, Wipeout 2048, Gravity Rush, Lumines Electronic Symphony, Soul Sacrifice, Tearaway, LittleBigPlanet Vita, ModNation Racers Road Trip, Unit 13 and Resistance Burning Skies throughout 2012/13. Even as far out as 2014/15 you still saw stuff like Freedom Wars, Soul Sacrifice Delta, Oreshika 2 and those shitty Borderlands 2/Resident Evil Revelations 2 ports that nonetheless carried some brand recognition. A lot of these came out to middling reception and sales but some good games were in there too.

that's still fucking retarded and a nigger tier choice you nigger monkey

This is what happens when the same companies has two lines of products at the same time. When the gamecube failed Ninendo just shrugged and invested on promoting the handhelds.

Didn't Nintendo aggressively price slash the Gamecube until you could buy one for almost pennies?

Sony killed it

Damn, he said nigger twice. I am utterly blown the fuck out. Continue paying for real hardware and games like a cuckold instead of just pirating them, payfag.

I have yet to see someone in public that uses a portable gaming system that is not a phone.

The only thing any console needs is a "killer app", and for the longest time Monster Hunter was the PSP's killer app. Nintendo paid for exclusivity rights for Monster Hunter, and that was that.

PSP also had portable GTA going for it and Rockstar hardly would touch the Vita with a 10 foot pole.

Sony stopped supporting it after its 2nd year.