How can you bigots support this game when Square unapologetically portrays its one POC in such a stereotypical manner?

google.com/amp/s/kotaku.com/fans-are-concerned-about-barrets-voice-in-the-final-fan-1834678296/amp

How can you bigots support this game when Square unapologetically portrays its one POC in such a stereotypical manner?

Attached: A94EF335-81C8-46AE-B8DA-E6F5CD55D104.png (800x450, 260K)

idk im black and talk just like that so maybe someone needs to tell white people that being offended for everyone else is retarded and actually more racist than the depiction of the character.

This whole article is basically "Barret is too black sounding"

>I’ve never played Final Fantasy VII, and because of that, I’m interested in the remake

Shiiiieeeet.
I pity the foo' that's offended by Barrett.

fpbp

Well, as you pointed put, we're all bigots and hate niggers. So, when a nig is portrayed as a big, it fits in with our world view and we support that.

I mean it isnt rocket science.

/thread

Also just realized the writer herself is black but the point still stands, I gurantee this bitch talks like a white person herself.

>MANUFACTURED OUTRAGE
Please don't give these fuckheads the clicks they desperately seek

Surely she knows who Mr T is.
That's his entire character.

African American Vernacular English is a recognized Creole language. Black Americans do not speak in the same manner as White Americans, and this goes all the way back to slave times. Words like Jive or Jazz derive from African words of unknown origin.

It is probably more racist to depict black Americans not speaking in AAVE, as you are saying there is a "correct" English everyone should use, and especially these days where more and more grammatical sayings from AAVE have entered common use (the use of "be" instead of "is", etcetera)

barrett should say the N word

You can't honestly expect people to want to play Final Fantasy 7 in 2019

It's okay. I'm asian, and most of the people whining about asian portrayals in the media are white worshippers.

nigger

This. That's just how big black motherfuckers talk.

Attached: 1496740091807.jpg (1033x679, 41K)

America is a large country and people tend to lose most of their local jive with education. Many agree Jazz is a corruption of "Jizz" but won't say it because it's gross. Jizz music, it's that good.

Stop giving clicks to Kotaku.

Since most African Americans are only ~3 generations removed from the south, the entire population tends to speak similarly. It's all about the grammar. "I be -ing verb" is universal, along with many other common ways of speaking. The simplification of tense and word choice is common across the country. That's how languages, or dialects are defined.

>its one POC
wasn't tifa asian?

Yes and it ironically just makes these people writing these bad articles that they are racist and not the video game

Like Barret did not have a voice in the original game, but the way he talked and his overall characterization, the way he sounds fits fine

If the origin is unknown how do you know they're derived from African words?

>Kotaku

/thread.

based nignog

People keep calling him a stereotype but I see people to this fucking day with haircuts just like his and who talk just like him.
So is it really?

>based on Mr T
>looks like Mr T
>same voice actor since 2006 (13 fucking years)
>Acts and talks the same since the original game (22 years ago)
I dont even know where to begin with these clowns.

Attached: 1383302464863.png (400x400, 16K)

Why can't journos just leave this based black bro alone? I doubt they even care and they just know identity politics is the most effective bait for people to click their articles

Attached: Barret bored and withdrawn.png (306x350, 163K)

Are there any good black VAs which can speak Japanese? I plan on using Japanese voices if I can.

Sephiroth's and Barret's voices sound like shit desu

voice acting was a mistake

I have to agree with kotaku here. It wounds pretty stereotypical, but it has to be understood that Barret was pretty stereotypical in the original game(at least in the english version)

I thought that the previous trailer had it right, and took his character in a more serious direction. Too bad they decided to reverse course with that.

They are pretty accurate this time. Barrett is supposed to be the biggest, strongest, meanest, African American around.

Attached: Mr T.jpg (634x833, 103K)

I'm going to take the ultra moderate road here and say Barret didn't sound great, but no one did so I just wont play it in english.

Attached: Internet Graphics (8996690).png (518x306, 89K)

>I have to agree with kotaku here

Opinion discarded.

Process of elimination? It isn’t derived from any known European, Asiatic, or Mesoamerican language, so that doesn’t leave too many possibilities.

i'm right, though. So sorry you can't face the facts, sweetie

>In the trailer for the FFVII remake, though, he sounds like he’s about to start speaking in tongues in church. Yes lawd!
to be honest it has an actual point

>that hair
>that forehead
>that mouth

lmao niggers should be thankful squeenix is raising their value by calling this tanned caucasian hunk black

>sweetie

So do these clowns want him to sound more like Michael Jackson now?

Attached: nick-young-confused-face-300x256-nqlyaa.jpg (800x450, 24K)

I love Barret in this. He's supposed to be an absolute giganigga with a heart of gold and he comes across perfectly.

watch the previous trailer. he sounded better there

his new design is badass

Barret isnt even black now, so what's the problem.

He looks peurtorican or something. A background dancer for a ricky martin music video

Attached: D6KMakPXoAIHii3.jpg large.jpg (1920x1080, 230K)

The only real problem is the part where he says "take a LOAAAAAAAAD OUTTA YOUR BACK"
Like really? They put so much OONF in that line that it was like Barret subtly said "I'M A NIGGER".

wasn't hulk hogan supposed to kill kotaku? what happened with that

>fans are concerned
I want all trannies and kotaku to die. How did that garbage stay up after Hulk Hogan bankrupted it?

Attached: 1444441429381.jpg (433x256, 27K)

I mean isnt this the guy who would curse at any opportunity? Him being loud and enunciating certain words seems fine if he isn't going to cuss all the time or something, or even if he does then it works

All Barret ever did different in the original game was curse, which was all censored too.
He never had that "I'm a black man" way to his talking. Advent Children original jap dub he was just your average muscle head guy.
I mean I dont really care about this kind of shit but if they forcefully make Barret sound like he is from the hood I admit that shit would get annoying fast.
Technically he is from a "hood" but none of the other characters that live there with him talk like that.

nah give it to them, they got sold off from telmundo, these fags need those clicks.