Can Yea Forums beat the Rebel Flagship?

Can Yea Forums beat the Rebel Flagship?

Attached: latest.png (566x511, 96K)

Attached: closecall.png (1295x762, 904K)

i have beaten it a few times but i never beat it while using the "captain's edition" mod

I got 3 flaming lasers one round and said fuck it lets trying.
Turns out setting every tile of a ship on fire in one turn is a viable and frighteningly effective strategy.

This is the only ship I’ve been able to win with. It’s so fucking good.

Teleport two crewmen into each of the isolated gun pods and kill the crew there so it can't repair them.

Beating the flagship easier than getting to the point where you can comfortably penetrate 3 shields and have relatively good defense yourself. If you can actually pass through the endgame zones you probably already have all the op shit like hacking and cloak, than the flagship is ez.

2 mantis teleporter, everything else that doesn't complement the twin bugs of annihilation is shit tier

I can technically say I can defeat the flagship.

Attached: 333.png (703x268, 190K)

If you never roasted an enemy ship while simultaneously mindfucking its crewmen into attacking everyone and everything around them, you haven't lived

Attached: mind control bbq.jpg (1296x758, 292K)

Fuck Engi B

user, I.....

How did you break the shields? The flaming lasers don't go through them, right?

4 flak 1s, enough to kill anything.

>Torpedo, 2x quad lasers and one cutting beam
Lucking into this setup essentially wins the game. You torpedo their shield generator and then focus both laser guns on it, enough shots should get through to cripple anybodies shields. After that you just strafe the beam across multiple systems so their crew is running around trying to fix everything as your lasers repeatedly pummel either their shields, weapons or engine.
Of course this also requires spamming pause like a motherfucker to essentially make the game turn based.

He probably sold 1 and got some shield breakers like ions or flaks.

Not hard at all with crystal or lanius

4 weapon slots
Ion bomb

Man this would be a theoretically perfect game for constant updates and DLC.
I wish so badly that we got several different final bosses.

The boss being the same every run really killed it for me, luckily mods are pretty decent.

Doesn't the ship phase 2 have drones that prevent you from breaking the shields with ion? Also I don't remember 1 flak being enough for their shields.

You mod it. One guy had 26 or so different flagship mods in a pack.

FTL:2
believe

Yay.

Attached: 20190510172929_1.jpg (1280x720, 197K)