Why did Harvest Moon get so fucking girly...

Why did Harvest Moon get so fucking girly? FoMT was kiddish but the art style of the newest games makes me feel like I'm being treated like a pre-schooler.

Attached: 81ujnLLAlIL._SL1500_.jpg (1500x1371, 366K)

Other urls found in this thread:

pal.or.jp/group/research/2010/100927/research2010_04.pdf
twitter.com/bokumono_pr/status/774143121940582400
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Why not just play stardew?

They wanted to appeal to a broad audience.

Because fuck your garbage indieshit. Also I only play farming sims if they're on a portible, not-phone system

>Why is [x series] this way?
>lol just play [y series]...
nice answer faggot.

They are aiming at the Japanese market, not you.
If you don't like it, don't play it.

probably realized how profitable it is pandering to women
things bitches eat up
>decorating (added recently to appeal to women, also look at how nintendo is turning animal crossing into a mainly decorating game now too with HHD and pocket camp, they did the same thing cus bitches love it)
>romance routes
>character customization

to add to my point yes I know you could decorate to an extent in earlier games but it was nowhere near as in depth as it is now.

>I only play farming sims if they're on a portible, not-phone system
Too bad the newest HM games are mobile shit

you know its not the real harvest moon? they just took the name and started making shitty ripoff games

I found results to a survey from 2010 that asked 1000 japs what casual farming games they played. 6.7% of them played harvest moon. 5.8% of the men and 7.6% of the women. it's on page 10
pal.or.jp/group/research/2010/100927/research2010_04.pdf
then there's this twitter poll from the official harvest moon account. got 7,155 votes and 77% of responses were women who played as a woman and 11% were women who played as a man. only 12% were men
twitter.com/bokumono_pr/status/774143121940582400
we're the minority bros

Not sure how you came to this conclusion considering ToT looks much more "mature" than the original games from an artstyle perspective.

nice find
also, somehow the bachelors in ToT were still worse than the ladies though jej

I dont support gay niggers and gay niggers friendly games.

LONDON?

Despite the obvious female crowd that they are going for nowadays, and have been going for for a long while they still put out good games with good bachelorettes, and the game in the OP pic is one of the best games in the HM series.

Trio of Towns is great so I have no complaints about the pretty boy bachelors. They're pretty cool bros too.

why are you playing game for kids and girls?

>Why did Harvest Moon get so fucking girly?
I don't know, but I love it.

Attached: 1472904186111.jpg (600x339, 139K)

Video games and their respective genres had less of their own identities in the 90s when HM came out, people just kind of played whatever they saw sold in stores near them for the console they owned. It wasn't until online became big with the xbox360 and games like WoW got multiple expansions that people cared a lot how their games looked and the identity of them. Suddenly something like pic related is much less marketable because as a farming/life simulator with rpg and dating sims aspects it doesn't really have a clear one, so the best option it seemed was to market it to the jprg crowd.

Attached: Harvest_Moon_64_Coverart.png (256x177, 116K)

Stardew Valley is on Switch.

Because all the actual talent behind the early Harvest Moon games went to work on Rune Factory.

It was pretty irritating how the love interests were such an obvious step down from the previous game. It's like they said, "Hey, they have a wacky cultural outfit, that's good enough."

4 out of the 6 games in the RF series are actual trash.
Where's the actual talent besides the director who makes both HM and RF?

>paying 300 dollars for a tablet >system

Story of Seasons freely allowed you to wear anything you crafted, without a gender-exclusive flag. There's also nothing stopping you from making your farm a flower garden peppered with pink- and rainbow-colored benches.

Back in the 90s, Harvest Moon had a very niche audience of romantic farm-idealist types. Mostly guys, although that might've just been my bias and the fact that it was mostly just men who spoke about video games then.

The market for Story of Seasons is much larger now. SoS/Rune Factory sell a lot more than the early SNES, N64, and PS1 titles did. And perhaps it's unsurprising that more girls are interested in the games about getting married, having children, and working hard to make it all work. The rather niche farming dorks are in the minority. While I do miss the old style with the 364-day calendar, I can understand why they've made the change. They actually want to pay the people making the games, after all.

Plus, the new games aren't necessarily bad. SoS is at least taking some cues from Rune Factory in making the game and characters interesting.

SoS is as girly as the gba one, harvest moon was always "cute"