After beating this game, I feel empty inside

I missed out playing this game as a kid, only played GS but even now as a doomer adult and having 0 nostalgia for it, while I was playing this game I truly felt happy, playing this game wasn't just occupying my time, I was really enjoying it, the story, the characters, the art style, the music, everything.
Now that is over and Dark Dawn (what I am currently playing) is a major downgrade in every way I just feel empty again.
What are some other games with absurd amounts of soul like The Lost Age?

Attached: 61GP28PWR1L._SX342_[1].jpg (342x343, 38K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=JA_VeKxyfiU
myredditvideos.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>all that text
>that basic combat
>soul
I give you that the Djinn stuff was great but overall the GS series is very mediocre

Wish I could tell you. Mind if we have a Golden Sun thread?

Attached: AyuthayInterior.png (256x192, 56K)

Dark Dawn is actually pretty good.

The points of no return is really my only major complaint.

THEY DIDN'T RESOLVE SHIT AND STILL LEFT ON ANOTHER FUCKING CLIFFHANGER WHICH WILL NOW NEVER BE RESOLVED

youtube.com/watch?v=JA_VeKxyfiU

I hope you played the superior prequel first.

Nope we're definitely getting a fourth game about Felix's kid that's gonna wrap up the series and teach us all about the gods of the world, and the Tuaparang. Definitely.

Isaac was a bitch that should have fucked that blonde bitch's ass. Fuck the blue haired girl.

I think this game may be why I love pan pipes so much.

>that basic combat
Oh please. This place worships the DQ and FF games and they're all basic.

>Now that is over and Dark Dawn (what I am currently playing) is a major downgrade in every way
should have skipped it
only autistic fanboys who refuse to let the series die even bother recommending that piece of shit

Shit game, NEVER EVER

Attached: 1541131133482.jpg (320x330, 22K)

>Dark Dawn is actually pretty good.
It's my favorite RPG on the DS.
I played it before ever playing the other two.

Reminder that Felix and Mia is the proper ship.

>This place worships the DQ and FF games and they're all basic.
Well yeah we have nostalgia for those.

he fucked Jenna, not Mia. Sheba is for Felix.

There's a mod for both games, btw.
It turns the game into Hard Mode, adds new classes, a few new psynergy, BETTER BALANCES PSYNERGY(!!!!!!!), can't summon spam because they changed the mechanic, added a couple of new simple items.

wrong, Felix and Jenna are the patrician ship.

Tiamat in original games and in DD is the perfect example of why you should be careful of who you call fat in middle school.

>can't summon spam because they changed the mechanic
fuck, killing dullahan will be literally impossible for shitters such as myself.

Who cares which thot he fucked (once) just so he can have a kid, he still ended up with Garet.

The original was boring as hell. I dropped Lost Age about 4 hours in when it became clear that it wasn't going to be any better.

This. The story was terrible and the combat was such a slog that I ended up running more than fighting just to save time

This, it has tons of shit wrong with it but the last half is 10/10

Well, 8/10, but its the same feeling of exploration and adventure I had from TLA.

Filler dialogs killing it

>I dropped Lost Age about 4 hours in when it became clear that it wasn't going to be any better.
>he didn't even get the ship
Oh your poor soul

I'm just glad that the furries turned out okay and golden.

Lost Age is fun when you're playing blind. I can't imagine someone's first time being spoiled by guides. Half the fun is discovering these seemingly random dungeons and locales.

The points of no return and the really slow story is why it looks like a major downgrade in comparison

>Lunar Dragon Song
>Golden Sun Dark Dawn
>Suikoden Tierkeis
What was it with the DS era and really mediocre/bad sequels to old fan favorites?

Golden Sun was never good, it was always a mediocre series. At least Mother had charm to it while Golden Sun was generic as hell.

Attached: 1535048551390.jpg (1280x720, 92K)

Mother is just as overrated as Golden Sun as a series. It just has a little more nostalgia to it than GS.

Disgusting

Attached: bad.png (431x253, 115K)

It's better than Golden Sun and it at least innovated and inspired an entire generation. Golden Sun was just another generic JRPG with nothing meaningful to it.

sure it doesn't have perfect combat system and a lot of text, but it is definitely kino. The art style, the music, the general aesthetic of the world was immersive and imaginative. I'd always be excited to see what's next.

most games lack this kind of soul. it's why i don't get people who like final fantasy. it's so stale and souless that i can only see people liking it for what it was at the time.

Its definitely unique as far as jrpgs went, but I don't think it was influential as you think it is.

I played through the entire first game, shit was so cash. Just basic stuff like every weapon having an unleash effect made the game refreshing.

That was probably a decade ago, though. I wonder if there are any updates to it.

It did inspire undertale and various other indie games that follow it's mechanics and structure.

This
Only major problem is and maybe lower difficulty

I ran out of every fight except bosses and switched in my lowest IvI lineup for final boss.
I still sweeped the floor with the final boss with just basic attacks.