ITT Worst Games in their respective series>>

ITT Worst Games in their respective series>>

Attached: afd341a0-735f-43b0-b917-07f3bd14622a_2.46f3410af681994543dddb67ec00ad4b.jpg (450x450, 37K)

Even the 3ds ver has more stuff to do than this pile of crap

Attached: file.png (350x500, 439K)

based

sekiro almost took its place, but the gameplay is a lot more up to date

Attached: 59e5ca42ae653acb826761b7.jpg (600x351, 28K)

BOOOORRRRRIIIINNNG

Attached: HL2_Gordon_cover.jpg (756x1080, 188K)

what a disappointment that was..

>if I wanted to watch a movie, I'd watch a movie

Attached: file.png (220x254, 135K)

fuck you, ds3 is the worst

What a shit year for games for this to have won GOTY.

Attached: Grand_Theft_Auto_V.png (285x350, 176K)

Attached: fallout-new-vegas-pc-buy-now-cd-keys_1.jpg (500x706, 70K)

Revolver is unironically better. All this has is pretty graphics, some nice music and a cool protag. Every single other element is terrible.

Attached: yb9z51v4nf6z.png (1230x594, 1.19M)

It's better than Portable Ops, at least.

Is this even a question?

Attached: Mother 1+2 logo.jpg (300x194, 10K)

I forgot that game existed to be honest

Well, it's not canon and no one cares about it. It's easy to forget.

And the acid games imo

Attached: hl2ep1.jpg (460x215, 34K)

Smash 64 is worse and literally the only people who disagree are tombers.

You're too young to be here let us fucking enjoy our tombs in peace you troglodyte.

We need a wojack meme for all the smash games
>Tombers Smash 64
>Soibois Melee
>Bloomer Brawl
>Boomer 3DS
>Doomer WiiU
>Zoomer Ultimate

Old combat
>hit square and shoots out chain that hits all enemies on screen

New combat
>dodging and parrying are more required than just mashing square
>each strike has more impact
>can use axe in more interesting ways like tripping enemies to stun them or hitting certain parts of the enemy like hitting the giants hand to stop him from attacking
>can knock enemies into another enemy to hurt or stun them
>axe can be recalled though multiple enemies causing damage to all of them
>axe requires aiming to throw at a enemy
>enivornment plays into the combat such as being able to pin enemies against walls, throw them off ledges/cliffs, and hitting objects that will do damage to enemies
>positioning more important now to do a lot of the stuff listed above

How can people prefer the older games?

OP never played new GoW, he's probably baiting. Old battle system is a joke compared to new.

So you never played the old games but played the new one, way to out yourself. Everything you listed for the new God of War you can do in the old ones. They're all good games, the new God of War has fucking terrible pacing though, it takes hours of gameplay for anything to happen and all you're doing between one scene to the next is fighting draugr, and red draugr then blue draugr. Amazing

miss me with that shit opinion

Attached: file.png (230x219, 88K)

>the new God of War has fucking terrible pacing though
This is my biggest issue. I don't mind the new combat in itself (there are aspects of it I dislike, but on the whole I think it's fine -- messy, but fine) but the stuff surrounding it sucks. I wish the game's puzzles and exploration were more involving. I'm not asking for Zelda or Soul Reaver or anything, but the game is so obsessed with presenting its story it's like it forgets to do anything else. If you love the story and presentation that's probably enough, I guess.

>Everything you listed for the new God of War you can do in the old ones.
Holt shit what an absolute fucking LIE lmao

Attached: DD_cover_art.png (1377x1376, 1.67M)

The story only triggers during main missions though, most of the time you're boating around the map doing side quests and content. The story is only dominant if you skip everything

>Not Ascension
Piss Poor Bait

>better combat
>better writing
>95% fewer QTEs
>OLD GOOD NEW BAD
kys

Only wrong post so far

Attached: 2578164-box_ifss.png (592x640, 644K)

This, OP is just an epic memester

>GoW 1-Ascension
>fight some mobs
>walk 5 feet
>cutscene
>walk five feet
>qte boss
>walk five feet
>cutscene
>repeat
The original trilogy is mediocre as fuck and the cringe edgelord writing is insufferable to sit through now, which is why the series died originally

The main story, yes. But even the side content is pretty concerned with its presentation and flow, which is why so much of the climbing and puzzles are total fluff.

And please don't pretend the fucking boat is compelling.

TFW this was my favourite

>only half a game, with the rest stripped out for sequels
>here's a room full of mysterious portals. You can only really go through two of them. The rest are either inaccessible, or they lead to trash challenge rooms. But don't you worry, we WILL send you through at least one of them into an amazingly exotic world of fantastic sights before you realize that this is the case.
GoW 2018 sucks fucking dicks. Overrated mainstream trash that gets a pass while rough gems like Days Gone get shafted because of some jank and fps issues.

Attached: 1557422111636.png (406x720, 279K)

DS3 has some of the best bosses in the series, but the main hub is complete diarrhea

Wait are you saying 3's Firelink was bad? It was fucking awesome. If we gotta have a hub, I'd take 3's any day.

I wasnt a fan at all. It had good music, but you had to warp to leave. Shit pissed me off

Ehhh infamous 1 didn't really row my boat.

I mean yeah, a warp hub sucks. But I liked the aesthetic. Comfy as fuck.

it's not good, but it's no where near the worst.

New system
>can easily get fucked if 2+ enemies attack you at once
>have to rely on charms, handles or whatever
>meanwhile you can split earth open in cutscene
>get absolutely wrecked by 2 weak ass niggers because their attacks combined in the next fight
Older games
>attack 10 enemies at once
>can turn into a literal god(wow almost if thats the name of the game) if you learn combos
>makes you feel like a complete badass
Fuck off the new god of war is good, but the combat isnt that good, mainly because you somehow switch between being the most powerful being to being stunlocked by cannonfodder

Attached: 60667369-107F-40AA-8CEB-0D7B54C4254D.jpg (800x1147, 216K)

Attached: Bait.jpg (680x673, 34K)

I can understand that, but I still feel like the story elevates it over second son

>somehow believing GTA 1, Advance, or London are better than this

Literally soulless.
I can only hope ice world manages to fix some of the issues but I doubt it, I dropped the game like 2 weeks after it came out. I tried to come back when jho came out but I was actually so disappointed that I quit mid-hunt.

Attached: file.png (616x353, 469K)

I like how either way you look at this post it’s wrong.

And that tells you how shit the Sonic series is.

based and redpilled
cringe and bluepilled

Anyone who refutes me and claims II or XIII are wrong.

Attached: 220px-FF_XV_cover_art.jpg (220x234, 23K)

To be fair you can do that with just about any series.
>Metroid Fusion
>There are metroid games both better and worse than it

Boring as fuck.

Attached: 81l51mCbFWL._SX342_[1].jpg (342x429, 35K)

FFXII exists.

Attached: n64_pokemon_snap_p_66pv3n.jpg (2098x1536, 723K)

better than V

Isn't Free Riders way worse, though?

>can easily get fucked if 2+ enemies attack you at once
This can apply to the old games too if you play on any difficulty above normal. I don't understand this idea that the new game was some kind of hardcore development for the series or anything, which tends to be one of the biggest arguments in favor of it.

XII is leagues better than XV.

I am still flabergasted to this day that darke gets shot in the chest, falls from a five story cliff, hits his head on a rock and falls into a roaring rapid only to be saved by his friends who where never even there to begin with. JESUS CHRIST WHAT WAS THIS GAME

It's pretty hilarious how irrelevant this game became after Ultimate. There is zero reason to go back to it, ever.

XXX

Same happened with N64 to Melee unless you're a tomber.

Nah fuck off

wojaks are cancer

This is worse than 76 or 4? Lol

Kill yourself retard, 64 is better than Wii U

World is bad, but it's not as primitive and unplayable as MH1.

C R I N G E

Nah Smash 64 is fun. The hitstun and stupidly fucked shields make it play differently to every other game in the series.

Good hit stun is some of the best shit ever.
It's why I loved slap city so fucking much.

>Dude what if we made literally half the cast be inconsequential to the story
>Dude what if we made a cast that barely says anything and almost never interacts with each other
>Dude what if we made multiple cutscenes where the main character has no idea what's going on and just stands in the background while people who matter speak
>Dude what if we made a character who's literally just a random girl off the street
>Dude what if we made a villain who has zero emotional connection to the heroes and doesn't even meet them until the last ten minutes
>Dude what if we took Final Fantasy Tactics' setting and made it a poor man's Star Wars
>Dude what if we gave the narrator a comical Apu accent
>Dude what if we made a political plot and then ruined it by turning it into standard ancient god shenanigans
>Dude what if we made a plot where the heroes have almost no impact on what happens until 95% of the way through the story and spend their time traipsing through non-descript caves and ruins
>Dude what if I'm Captain Basch
>Dude what if we took everything 100% seriously and had zero levity
>Dude what if we wrote all of the dialogue to sound like a Renaissance Fair
>Dude what if we we had no overworld and all travel was handled by a menu or floating teleport crystals
>Dude what if we made a battle system where you set everything up in advance so that you don't actually play the game
>Dude what if we made summons useless except for opening doors
>Dude what if instead of fun side quests we had only fetch/kill quests like in some generic MMO
>Dude what if instead of having fun side games like the motorcycle chase and Triple Triad we had nothing
>Dude what if we had really shitty music

Attached: vaan-victoria-beckham.jpg (437x283, 26K)

shit you're right

I even go back to Brawl more often(though mostly thanks to mods)

64 and Melee and easy to go back to since they actually play differently

>different is automatically good
Yeah disregard the 2d sprites, the lackluster visuals, the terrible narrator, and the microcast

clearly not "a" game in the series, are you shitting on the ports or what?

You can reduce any game like that, though. I'm not sure what about this post is supposed to be convincing. Unless you're trying to convince me that you're an idiot.

Yep, it's literally unplayable.

The pacing is fine, you are entirely over exaggerating. It does not take long to go from one encounter to the next, certainly not “hours”

It is annoying that their isn’t more enemy variety but they spent most of their manpower and time developing a new and fantastic combat system. Face it GoW is a great game.

Attached: wqQ1ozi.gif (640x332, 237K)

"Hey, let's make Carmelita belly dance, that's what the fans want"

Attached: 220px-Sly_Cooper_-_Thieves_in_Time_Cover_Art.jpg (220x255, 25K)

Attached: R2VE01[1].png (1024x680, 1.24M)

This isn’t Ascension though.

“This games bad yet I want more content” what’s wrong with you?

quality post

only people who claim II is bad are the same dipshits that hate VIII

>sekiro almost took its place

Attached: 1547288199631.jpg (360x360, 43K)

That’s gay. Geisha Murray was the best part.

>Not 1 or even 3
Nice Bait

It was a glorified tech demo for the new physics. I suspect when half life 3 comes out it will fully embrace the VR meme and blow everyone away

Attached: ac4-wall[1].jpg (1920x1080, 275K)

Snap was kino

You are an absolute retard

But Brawl is the worst

>responding this late to try and sneak it by me
Smash 4 U might be the least unique entry in the series, but this isn't "ITT: Least Unique game in the series."
It's ITT: Worst Games in their respective series.
That trophy easily goes to Smash 64.

Do you think I’ve just been stalking this thread waiting to reply in hopes you wouldn’t see it? No I saw your retardation and replied as I scrolled. That’s a weird assumption.

I’d rather pick up Smash 64 over U. It had fun mechanics, a better break the target mode, and a pretty cool classic mode. Plus the visuals are great, it holds plenty of charm despite being older. The whole game is more satisfying. Your entire argument from above is basically “old bad, new good”.

I still liked Second Son. It just had the misfortune of being a weak 7 that followed two strong 8-9s.

based

lemme fix that for you OP
>ITT: new bad old good

>Your entire argument from above is basically “old bad, new good”.
No, my argument is "games made on a tight budget and a tight deadline tend to be mediocre at best"
>Plus the visuals are great, it holds plenty of charm despite being older.
Oh right, the SOUL vs SOULLESS meme. Who cares that it looks worse than the launch title Super Mario 64 or Pilotwings 64? It has SOUL.
You can argue about gameplay mechanics all you want, but I can't imagine the mental gymnastics you have to go through to justify Smash 64's overall presentation.

another thread where ds2/3 fans fight for second worst, joy

Attached: goose.png (950x878, 1.47M)

The correct answer is Ascension. God I feel so bad for tendies and cuckstars, they cant think straight in their misplaced rage ever since GOW4 won GOTY and has received more collective awards than both BOTW and both RDR games

I mean, it is. game was still decent, I'd say it's equal to 3

They had too many powers and not enough focus on them all.

What Ascension? I don’t remember anything about a game called Ascension. Maybe I blocked it out of my memory.

I won't count the Spin Off garbage. What Insomniac did to one of my favourite games of all time was disrespectful. Why do Spyro and Crash get faithful remake trilogies but R&C gets half a game with a story that's ten times worse? It's not fair.

Attached: ratchet_clank_ps4.0.0.jpg (1600x900, 208K)

this

Way to fucking describe XV with most of those.

How desperate for attention are you exactly, user?

Attached: Chandler.jpg (720x480, 66K)

While I don't care for the story of this game, I found Into the Nexus to be a worse title

Brawl at least had SSE and decent single player content. Smash Wii U had Angry birds, that trophy mini-game things, classic/all star, and something else I'm forgetting.

he said worst not best

>Return to Yea Forums after a couple of months
>See this post
Never change Yea Forums see you soon

>he forgot about smash tour

Nexus was harmless, tried something new for the series and was short. Reboot completely retconnes the original out of existence, has worse music and atmosphere, cuts levels, makes every single character worse and has braindead gameplay with unoriginal weapons.

>single player content

I wonder who could be behind this post

Attached: 1556226430232.jpg (876x713, 47K)

Master/Crazy Orders, then.

Insert joke about nobody wanting tow play smash tour here